BuilderStorm is a Web-based construction project management suite designed for a wide variety of industry segments, including general contractors, landscapers, roofing contractors, design build firms and heavy highway contractors.
The suite features standard project management modules, such as activity management, asset management, document control, project scheduling, time sheets and custom reports. The system’s accounting application features job costing, time and materials billing and purchase order capabilities.
BuilderStorm’s service management application features map dispatching, job scheduling, job status tracing and inventory management. The interactive drawing feature allows users to create as-built drawings that are supported on iPads.
As a Web-based system, BuilderStorm is operating system agnostic and mobile device compatitble. The system is available worldwide and features multi-language support. It is priced as a monthly subscription at separate tiers based on the number of projects and system users.
Barry from quikbuild
Specialty: Construction manager
The customer support is the best. Emails replied to in minutes, someone on the phone. They are keen to adapt the software to the way I want it to work and this is a huge bonus.
They are still developing the software, so some of things I want are not ready yet, but they are adding those soon. The price will not change so thats a bonus.
Take advantage and try all the features, some of the features appeared to be of no use to me, have turned out to be very effective and valuable.
Grant from GP Scaffold
Specialty: Other specialty contractor
The software does everything we need. We are a small scaffolding company and need remote daily diaries, timesheets and document/drawing management. We also use the training register to keep track of the guys tickets, and the expiry dates. The customer support is fantastic, they are quick to respond when I have an issue or need something changing. They also adjusted the software to suit our methods for no extra cost.
Initally the software was quite overwhelming, lots of the elements were of no use to me, which can make things quite confusing. But I talked it through with James and got the things I didn't need turned off. It was much more straight forward then.
Make sure you ask for exactly what you want. At first the training register didnt quite work how I wanted it to, but after speaking with the guys at BuilderStorm they changed it to work exactly how I should.
Troy from Allston Construction
Specialty: General contractor
Software is very user friendly and easy to set up. Vendor is very happy to help and assitance is very helpful.
Has certain limitations with regards to issuing drawings but that is just being very picky about it.
Do not get a software that is too over complicated
Abbi from DJ Short Brickwork Limited
Specialty: Construction manager
1. Project Management- you can upload as many projects as you want onto the software, the old ones can be archived so they don't have to be deleted.
2.Text Sms Service- you can send out bulk texts to a large amount of people for job advertising purposes, or if you need to get a message across to many employees at once
3. Timesheets - as this is a cloud based software, timesheets can be updated by anyone at anytime (depending on who you give the permissions to), this is all saved and can then be submitted to pay roll for processing. All hours/ wages are calculated automatically and the costs are assigned to the specific sites people have been working on.
4. Induction System - you can give new users a link to the page, they can click enrol and register their details with you. You can approve the user and this automatically puts their details into the user management section to build up the amount of users/ potential new employees.
If there are any problems with any of this you can send an email to customer support and they will resolve the problem for you, and they are always there to help if you have any issues or if you are unsure how to use parts of the software.
1. Assigning permissions to users/projects - can be confusing at first but once you use the software a few times it gets easier to use and understand
2. Project photos- can be slow to upload/view
This is relatively new software and the developers have designed the product focusing on our specific needs as a business. I would recommend this product to all businesses in the construction industry, it will help to streamline the way you work and the way you manage your employees and projects.