Denticon by Planet DDS is a comprehensive practice management solution for dental practices of all types. Thousands of dental professionals around the country currently use this customizable, web-based system to streamline and optimize the management of their practice.
Denticon helps these practices provide quality dental care and a great patient experience, while ensuring that the business is successful and profitable. Using cloud-based technologies now available on the market, dental practices have access to cutting-edge services and communication tools from anywhere, anytime.
Denticon is fully cloud-based, eliminating challenges associated with backing up data and purchasing and maintaining hardware. This also means you can access the software from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop from anywhere, as long as there's an Internet connection. As secure as any online banking portal, Denticon is safe to access and can be deployed in minutes.
Denticon's Practice Management can be customized for single and multi-location practices, making it a great fit for both startups and growing businesses. It can even accommodate mobile dentistry practices. Planet DDS offers additional options for patient relations management, as well as fully integrated image management with its product Dentiray.
Sarah from Dr. Lim Dental
Specialty: General dentistry
I like the system organization, the efficiency of communication system within the Dental Team as how PlanetDDS is practically created, how they get the best, reliable vendors to efficiently integrate with their system,...and to mention, their customer service is excellent...Their Ticket Help Portal & Library is awesome.
I tried to use their Dentigram for a couple of times, about 1 to two years ago,...it was not us good as what I get from Lighthouse360. The customer service also, at that time, was okay but not reliable. I hope that they have improved so that I could go back to them.
I recommend for others to give PlanetDDS a try. I started just to try, and up to now, I'm still using their software. I really like their customer service which makes it easy to use their software...Fast reply
Cheryl from Joy Jay Inc.
Specialty: General dentistry
Out With the Old In With The New!
How would you like to say that in 2016? Ditch the servers in the front office and go flying away with lighting speed technology!
When our office wanted to purchase dental software we tried to find the best match for our office. Let me say first you should always stick with a team that does only that. Dental technology should be coming straight from companies who have been in the technology field for a long time. This includes cloud technology. If I want to buy toothbrushes I will go thru a dental supply company, not so with front office technology. We love the freedom that Denticon has given us. I went with Denticon and they do the rest when it comes to updating their software to keep up with the technology that changes from day to day. All you have to do is make sure your computers are running safely and correctly, If you are just starting your practice or need more computer laptops just go down to your local store pick up your laptop and sign in and away you go. No need for custom computers and servers. That will save you a lot of money and headache for years to come
Stability is everything and Denticon is number one when it comes to giving our office state of the art cloud technology. They have a full time tech team behind the cloud, Denticon makes sure that updates and their software is running smoothly. You don't have to do a thing but keep on working with your patients and inputting the claims thru. The whole staff from the sales team all the way thru to the technology team is there to far exceed what ever your office needs.
We love the flexibility of this software as well. If you get an emergency call at home, the dentist can talk to the patient, look at their schedule and give the patient a time to come in to the office before they get off the phone. No surprises for the next morning in the office. If it snows outside and the office is closed I can just pull up the schedule from Denticon, call our patients and reschedule them and not loose very much down time because of the snow. That is the beauty of the cloud!
Denticon can give the dentist the edge in running their office by the reports generated by the software within seconds. Reports that can help in micro managing anything from how many patients have a certain insurance, how many different procedures where done in a office, how many outstanding insurance claims have not come in, etc, etc, etc. Denticon is a software that your office will never be able to out grow.
Last but not least is stability is very important when choosing a cloud based dental software. Denticon's software is incredible when it comes to stability and flexibility. I know longer have to keep looking for dental software in the future. After going with Denticon I can now fly fast forward into the future in the clouds because I don't need to shop for dental office software in the future. They have far exceed my expectations of a software and technology team!
They are like family to us and we count it a fun and rewarding experience to have them working as a team with our office. Stability is the key to cloud based dental software and they have stability that can help any office to be more productive!
. Cheryl Long owner of Joy Jay Inc.
There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like about this product.
Go with Denticon and never look back. Best software team I have had the pleasure of using in our office.
Orest from Bauer Dental Arts
Specialty: General dentistry
Cloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company.
Things I like:
1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS
2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments
3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well
4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office
5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US; if my internet goes down in my office I can still tether my network to an iPhone or cell phone with data and Denticon runs quickly because it's streamlined with minimal data per page (had to do this for 1 week when I switched from Verizon to cable internet provider). For this situation we connected one laptop to my iphone hotspot or a wifi hotspot device that I carry and then connected it via Ethernet cable to where the cable/internet modem normally connects to the office router. On the laptop set the Ethernet connection to "Bridge" mode in properties and viola, you have connected your entire office to the internet via this laptop to hotspot. In the old days I did this with my Xbox before they came with wireless cards: laptop on the wireless, Ethernet cable bridge to the Ethernet port on the xbox.
6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that.
7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report
8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this.
9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices
Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.
Go cloud and go with the company with the most robust administrative functionality, not the best looking odontogram. Doctors only use 10% of the PMS for clinical and financial reporting whereas staff are the real power users and that should be the main consideration. Lastly, be mindful how often the cloud based PMS listens to it's customers and how often they are making improvements to the software experience and user interface.
Nick from Charles Family Dental
Specialty: General dentistry
This software has changed the game at my office. Cloud based is great. The conversion was easy. Scanning charts was work, but that was on us.
Honestly, I couldn't be happier. The software was super easy to learn. It's probably laid out similar to any other; Just lot of extra abilities
I did a LOT of research, and it came down to curve and Denticon. Curve may look cool, but it cannot be anymore functional than Denticon. Denticon looks good, by the way. It's half the price too.