Infor Process Manufacturing Essentials Software is an integrated system designed to specially address the management and automation needs of process manufacturers. Users can leverage this system to increase the competitiveness of their businesses by becoming demand-driven organizations.
Infor Process Essentials is a full software suite that includes functionality for process ERP, process PLM, process supply chain planning, and other essentials. Able to scale to support even the largest organizations in a variety of verticals including food and beverage, consumer products, chemicals, and specialty life sciences, this system is currently in use by over 3,500 customers.
Capacity utilization for user companies can be increased between 10 and 40% by leveraging Infor Process Essentials’ advance scheduling functionality. Furthermore, demand planning processes allow users to strategically widen their profit margins and increase overall revenue. Timely and accurate cost information is visible in the system across different products, channels, and customer groups to make data much more valuable in an effective presentation format.
The robust configurability options included in Infor Process Essentials allows users to tailor the system to their specific needs and preferences without having to dive into raw code for highly technical customizations. This saves a lot of time that might otherwise be invested in costly third-party consulting or development services.
Infor serves a customer base of over 70,000, spanning over 100 different countries across the globe. Industries covered are extensive, ranging from government agencies to electrical distributors to aerospace companies. Infor Global Solutions is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Angela from Pettibone Traverse Lift
Specialty: Industrial Machinery
Employees number: 51-200 employees
I used this product for a job in manufacturing and liked it very much. I didn't have the best training on it, so it was hard for me to use it to its potential, but what i did know how to use, I really enjoyed.
Courtney from ACT Aerospace
Specialty: Accounting / CPA
It is quick and easy to update or make changes because there are no controls preventing such. As long as the person making the updates has the proper permissions for creation of planning, anything can be changed easily without having to get approvals, document changes, or update revisions.
The MES software is horrible for
1) Communicating effective process instruction to the shop floor. There is only option for attaching one image to each sequence, and you have to go put text in a custom field if you do add an image or it will put the picture on top of text. Even still, the pictures' aspect ratio are occasionally changed or the picture cuts off between pages.
2) There is no option for standard text or standard operations to use throughout various products.
3) Revision control. There is horrible revision control, with proper signatures, opportunity for comments by approvers, etc.
4) Linked documents. There is no opportunity for linked documents to be included in the text.
5) Text formatting. There is no option for text of paragraph formatting. Just upper or lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
Do not purchase. Find an MES software which will better communicate standards and requirements visually to the shop floor.