Reviewsnap Software

Founded in 2007, Reviewsnap offers an integrated suite of talent management solutions spanning performance reviews, compensation management and learning management. Users are automatically granted access to all applications in the Reviewsnap suite, rather than having to access them à la carte.

The system is flexible, allowing users to customize the review process. For instance, managers can change the criteria used to evaluate employees themselves, or choose from a bank of provided performance-review templates.

As a Web-based performance management solution, Reviewsnap is accessible via any device with an Internet connection. It is suited for businesses of all sizes, across multiple industries, and provides customer service to client companies located anywhere in the world.

Reviewsnap - Manage employees

Performance review
Supported Operating System(s):
Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8

84 Reviews of Reviewsnap

Software Advice Reviews (20)
More Reviews (64)

Showing 1-20 of 20

from WALCO Tool & Engineering
Number of employees: 51-200 employees Employees number: 51-200 employees

so-so

Support

I am not sure what happened, but the customer service was great and then was non-existent overnight. Emails were not being responded to; no one was answering the phone, and messages were not returned. Eventually, I got someone on the phone and found out an I had a new account rep (no one reached out to me) and she has been okay but not nearly as available or responsive as our first rep.

Pros

Reviewsnap is better than the paper reviews we used in the past. Our first account rep was great.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to get the reviews setup and changing them is time-consuming and clunky. There are far too many screens and little boxes that need to be checked perfectly for everything to run smooth. Our employees often have login problems, but no one answers the customer service line. The website is also not mobile friendly.

Advice to Others

Reviewsnap gets them job done and the price is reasonable, if I had a bigger budget I would probably go with another company.

from WorkMoreHuman
Specialty: Consulting
Number of employees: 2-10 employees Employees number: 2-10 employees

Simply and user friendly performance system

Support

I reviewed 5 software systems for small business performance management and found review snap to be the best. Many systems are cumbersome and offer many modules, which I didn't need.

Pros

Simply, user-friendly and only performance -- one module, which is what I was seeking.

Cons

None.

from Ducker Research NA LLC
Specialty: Consulting

ReviewSnap software is a good buy

Likes Best

ReviewSnap was helpful getting us set up and ready to go with the way we like to do our evaluations. Response to resolve issues was quick and thorough. The product does what we need it to do. There is more offered that I have not explored, yet.

Likes Least

The training manual is hard to follow and not very user friendly or descriptive of steps to follow. Creating reports is not easy to do, so I imagine I will need to ask for assistance.

Recommendations

Training manual is not very helpful, but the employees who handle customer support are very good at what they do, easy to work with and efficient at resolving issues or requests.

from CRES Insurance Services LLC
Specialty: Insurance

Reviewsnap Fits Our Style

Likes Best

Reviewsnap is very easy to customize to fit your company's style of Performance Review. The Review Templates can be made as robust or as simple as you need them to be. The Customer Service and Helpdesk departments are very good at finding out a fix for your problems, and will work with you until you get things 'just right'.

Likes Least

My only complaints come from our end. We struggle with getting our managers to get comfortable with performing reviews, because we had never done a formal review program before. But because Reviewsnap is easy to use, we don't have the added burden of learning a difficult program on top of trying to solve the attitude problems.

Recommendations

Get buy-in from all your managers up front. Let them be a part of the process so they understand the system going in to the project, and help them see the benefits to employees, managers, and the company overall.

from Phillips66
Specialty: Engineering

Likes Best

It is easy to use and lets me keep track of accomplishments for performance reviews.

Likes Least

It is difficult to remember to update it throughout the year. There should be a reminder feature.

Recommendations

I don't know because I'm not sure what this question is asking.

from PAI
Specialty: Non-Profit

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Likes Best

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Likes Least

It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

Recommendations

Don't be overly impressed by slick dashboards and graphs or a pretty interface. Pay attention to ease of setup and usability. Definitely commit a bit of time to a trial run. It won't take long to tell which products require lots of dedicated staff time and costly training and support to learn and maintain.

from SBA Global
Specialty: Transportation

ReviewSnap Review

Likes Best

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Likes Least

Over the last three years, ReviewSnap has continued to improve and implemented many of the changes we have requested.

Recommendations

Before looking at software, evaluate what you absolutely need, what you would like, and what you do not need. Create a budget for the program. Evaluate the employees who will be using the program and their level of computer/software literacy. Create a priority list: price, functionality, user friendly, access, etc.

from SBA Global
Specialty: Transportation

ReviewSnap Experience

Likes Best

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and user-friendly. It has everything we needed for online performance evaluations without going overboard and giving us hard-to-use features that we did not need. ReviewSnap has been very receptive to our feedback about the product, and they have made adjustments based on our requests. Our dedicated rep from the company has been great in providing constant support year after year and assisting us in customizing the system to support our needs. The program has many custom features, including custom reporting and setup. ReviewSnap has helped us, year after year, to get the information that we needed into the system. We change our procedure each year, and I have relied on our rep's assistance in getting set up for the new year. She has assisted in many areas, such as transferring and copying information and creating instructions. Also, for the price, you cannot beat what this system offers.

Likes Least

As we have used this product for three years, many of the kinks that we were dissatisfied with have been worked through.

Recommendations

My recommendation is that you seriously evaluate what exactly you need from an evaluation software. What is necessary? What would be nice to have and what do you not need? Also, who will be using the software and what is their computer literacy? Consider that if the product is too complicated, it may create a barrier in creating a policy pertaining to getting evaluations completed and having your organization abide by it. Don't get caught up in software that has attractive visuals but may be overly complicated.

from The International Center for Research on Women
Specialty: Non-Profit

Reviewsnap is a great product and customer service is top-notch!

Likes Best

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and customizable. What I liked best is that we were able to work with the Reviewsnap implementation team to create exactly what we needed and what worked for the organization. In addition, the 360 and compensation module came with the service. Reveiwsnap handled all of the training at our HQ office and our multiple field offices. There were no hidden costs.

Likes Least

The multiple screen options were a little difficult for us to get used to. Sometimes you have to dig a little before finding exactly what you need.

Recommendations

We reviewed at least five vendors before selecting Reviewsnap. I would recommend that organizations pay close attention to what's being offered. A lot of vendors provide "A la carte" services and in the end, the cost could add up. Reviewsnap does not do this. Their system comes "Fully loaded" ready with the services most organizations need.

from WAGO Corporation

Human Resources Manager

Likes Best

It's a user-friendly web-based product. The company has great customer service.

Likes Least

There's nothing that comes to mind at this time.

Recommendations

Small to mid-size companies will benefit greatly from this software.

from Crown Packaging Corporation

User-Friendly.

Likes Best

You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Likes Least

Nothing. The issues that were there when we first signed up were issues that the vendor later improved on in the updates. The updates were all positive and did not create a burden on the user.

Recommendations

Look at the ability to totally customize without extra cost and no charge for updates.

from Wessel & Company
Specialty: Accounting / CPA

Great Customer Service

Likes Best

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and helped streamline our evaluation process. Their customer service is top-notch, professional, friendly, and very helpful. If I have a question on anything, they get back to me within minutes, which helps keep my day moving.

Likes Least

The only bad experience I have had is with the training through OpenSense, but the problem was not with Reviewsnap. I don't think OpenSense Customer Service is at a level that Reviewsnap is, so it was disappointing not to have that same level of service from OpenSense.

Recommendations

If you want to make your evaluation software paperless and engage staff in the process, Reviewsnap is your answer.

from Leander ISD
Specialty: Education

Leander Review

Likes Best

It saves time and money. It's very easy to use and easy to each others how to use.

Likes Least

I like everything within the program. It's easy to use. I cannot find anything to complain about.

Recommendations

No recommendations at this time. I have not used other software.

from Rental Leasing Services

Reviewsnap Web-based Performance Management Software

Likes Best

I like the cost and ease of use.

Likes Least

I've been a subscriber of this product and have worked with the same vendor contact since August, 2010. I've no issues with either. The product does what I signed on for, and my vendor contact has always timely responded whenever I have had a question.

Recommendations

If you're looking for performance management software that's cost effective, reliable, and does not require a lot of your time and intervention, this is it. If you are looking for performance management software that offers you great customer service with human contact that doesn't rely on pointing you to a recorded video how to whenever you need assistance, this is it. Don't just take my word for it, try it and judge it for yourself. Reviewsnap is one of the best technology investments we've made for our employees and management.

from Crystal & Company
Specialty: Insurance

Likes Best

I love working with Reviewsnap and their team of trained professionals. They are always responsive and knowledgeable. I would recommend them as a vendor to anyone looking for an easy-to-use and reliable review system.

Likes Least

There is nothing that I dislike about the product or vendor.

Recommendations

I do not have any recommendations for others. I am very happy with this software.

from Batten & Shaw, Inc.
Specialty: Construction / Contracting

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Likes Best

The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Likes Least

Reviewsnap is a standalone product, so the only negative that I would say about it is that it's a separate system from others that we have in our company (ex: applicant tracking system, customer management software, etc.). It is one more login for our employees to keep track of. Our typical employee utilizes the system infrequently, which means that some individuals forget their login information and need to have it resent to them each time they are asked to complete something in the system.

Recommendations

When we went through the process of evaluating software products, we liked that Reviewsnap is straightforward and user-friendly. It doesn't have a lot of unnecessary functionality that would confuse our users or complicate their ability to complete reviews. Other products had more bells and whistles, but we didn't feel that they were necessary. We've been able to utilize all of the functionality that we needed from the Reviewsnap system, and it meets the need that we purchased it for.

from The Phoenix Stores Limited
Specialty: Retail

Reviewsnap has been a great tool for our business!

Likes Best

Reviewsnap has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for everybody to use! Since implementing Reviewsnap, we no longer have to manually complete our reviews or remind managers to complete them. It's a great system!

Likes Least

I wish email addresses were not mandatory for setting up a new employee. A lot of our employees don't have an email address for work.

Recommendations

If you're looking for a performance review software that's simple and easy to use, contact Reviewsnap. Our rep was so helpful and patient when we were getting started. We've been using the system for a few years now, and he still keeps in touch and responds promptly when we have questions.

from Fabick CAT

Reviewsnap Software

Likes Best

The product is able to be modified to suit our needs. Reviewsnap has beyond excellent customer service. They are there to assist you with any questions at any time. They are very responsive and have a strong desire to exceed your expectations.

Likes Least

I really can't say that I have anything. One enhancement would be to be able to fully integrate with our HRIS system; however, the ability to download/upload data negates that.

Recommendations

Consider this as a viable solution to your performance management process.

from Geiger
Specialty: Other

Product is used for our annual associate performance evaluations.

Likes Best

The ability to customize review templates. The vendor is very responsive to request and questions. The vendor has been able to make product enhancement based on our needs, which is extremely appreciated.

Likes Least

There are some system limitations for specialized requests, but the vendor is able to customize, if needed, for a fee, which is understandable. I have been able to use effectively without customization.

Recommendations

Determine what kind of evaluations will be used and how you'd like it administered prior to signing up for the trial so that the trial period can be utilized effectively.

from Tarrant Area Food Bank

Reviewsnap is a snap!

Likes Best

The software is very easy use and the vendor provides excellent customer service. Appraisals are easy to build, and the comment suggestions are valued by our supervisory team.

Likes Least

Ad hoc reporting can be a bit cumbersome, but the standard reports contain most of the data I need.

The top 3 requirements to ensure are:
1. Ease of use for Administrator and end users
2. Customer Service and technical support teams are easily reachable and provide excellent service
3. Reporting capabilities are robust