Torch LMS is a Web-based, best-of-breed learning management system (LMS). It's best suited for businesses and nonprofit organizations with over 500 employees that are looking to manage, track and deliver training to employees or affiliates. With its tiled user interface and U.S-based team of experts, Torch LMS is built around usability and support.
Trainers and administrators can access a dashboard to get a glimpse of employee training progress while employees can log on to see all of their training requirements in one place.
Social learning functionality allows trainees to interact and discuss training with each other in the system, while mobile learning ensures anyone can access Torch LMS on a computer, tablet or phone to continue development outside of the office.
Teams can also be assigned so managers can check progress on only those employees that matter to them. User management, custom training plans, advanced reporting functionality and more are also available. Notifications ensure that everyone remains up-to-date on their responsibilities.
Jeremy from Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Employees number: 5,001-10,000 employees
After years (3!) of researching a replacement LMS, with very high expectations, we identified Torch as the ONLY one meeting all of our requirements. Very specific requirements, and a lot of them. We were expecting a lot and willing to settle a little. Didn't have to, though! We were one of the first adopters of the "Enterprise" version and after some initial hiccups to work through (that aren't there anymore), we're very pleased with the system. WE meaning our LMS administrators but moreso our users- it provides users with a simple experience that helps them learn and get the job done with no hassle.
Working with Prometheus has been a great experience. Good support, they're adaptable and not only take enhancement requests but implement the best of them. The system is comprehensive in functionality, has a fast UI, and very easy to use. It's sufficiently customizable, scalable, and I look forward to the regular enhancements that make it better all the time.
- Fast searching/filtering
- Very easy/fast to credit learners with multiple activities (great for an organization that conducts and needs to document lots of instructor-led activities)
- Very robust options for automation (assigning specific activities, etc.)
- Customizable "user" fields to allow for detailed user information
- Excellent Grouping functionality (learner groups based on many potential criteria) - helpful for a large organization with many different categories of learners
- Reporting allows full access to all user and learning data
- As a fairly new Enterprise system, there are still some glitches/minor bugs (to which the company is responsive to fixing)
- Reports export as .csv. Not a big deal for those comfortable with Excel, but if exported to .xls or another format with some formatability would be nice. Not a deal breaker, though!
- No integrated eCommerce (e.g., shopping cart/payment) functionality
If you are seeking a system that can handle automation rules, complex learner grouping, in-depth reporting, this can do it. Ask them to show you HOW the system can accomplish what you want (don't just take this or any vendor's word for it).
Mike from Questar
Employees number: 1,001-5,000 employees
Our regional gas utility of 1500+ employees recently upgraded to Torch Enterprise from Promethus Development. Having a lot of government mandated requirements for training of our field workforce we needed a robust and easy to use LMS. We were approached by Promethus and were one of the early adopters of the program and now that we've gone through the pain of the upgrade, we're glad we did.
It's easy to navigate for the end user, the admins can direct training and everything just works the way we expect it.
Good admin tools. Upload training, assign training, track training, nag users who haven't done their training and automatically keep up to date state and federal mandated records.
Great customer service with Max, Jaron, & Carly.
The reporting could be a little more robust and easier, but once you figure it out you can get pretty much everything you're hoping for.
There's about 100,000 LMS's out there. 80% of them are questionable. Torch Enterprise came in at a good price point with a solid product. Check it out to see if it would work for you.