For project-based organizations seeking a resource-centric Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool, Hydra PPM offers a powerful and user-friendly solution that was designed to help deliver a higher number of projects on time and under budget while using the company's existing resources. With Hydra PPM, businesses can expect a ten percent increase in efficiency in the first twelve months, as well as an immediate improvement right after the quick and easy installation.
Hydra PPM offers a single, centralized system to more effectively manage and control your portfolio, projects, and resources. From the sleek and familiar interface, users can track all their work from the same location. Hydra PPM can also link plans and projects together to reveal dependencies and constraints between resources and portfolios. The intuitive workflow reveals instantly which resources will complete the necessary tasks the fastest, as well as where bottlenecks exist within that resource pool. With a single click, Hydra PPM can tell you what resources and budget are necessary to hit all critical milestones.
Project planning is made simple with fully integrated features for capacity modeling, skill and resource profiling, impact assessment reports, and "what if" scenarios. We really like the unique altering capabilities, Hydra Alerts, which automatically send out real-time alerts via customizable emails or text messages. These alerts could be related to timesheet updates, key milestone deadlines, projects pending approval, and more, all sent to the individuals that are responsible for that facet of the project.
Hydra PPM is suitable for a number of industries, including engineering, construction, pharmaceuticals, IT services, and more. We recommend this system to any project-driven business seeking a comprehensive Project Management and reporting tool to better manage their resources.
Arun from Accenture
Date: September 2012
Frances from Serco ICT (Thurrock Council)
An excellent system, very recommendable for a project department to keep track of resource effort usage and capacity planning. Useful repository for all project information. The best part about it is the team, who work hard to fix your problems and also incorporate your suggestions into new builds and releases.
Constant revisions and build fixes
Customisable to your needs
Not able to 'plan' projects as well as MS Project - soemtimes you essentially just want a checklist of very small tasks that for part of the plan but are neither a milestone nor large enough to constitue a new code.
If you use the 'costs' part of the system, you would probably want to input this data twice; in Hydra and also in some other budgeting system/spreadsheet as Hydra is not yet sophisticated enough to handle the complexity of a project budget
You need training in Crystal Reports to create your own reports, which you will most likely need
Rebecca from Leeds City Council
LCC ICT first implemented Hydra in 2005 and have seen the product go from strength to strength.
- Easy to implement with regards to the technical changes.
- The software has the potential to revolutionise the way you plan your Portfolios of work and how you undertake workforce planning.
- Increased visibility of projects, what will be delivered on time and to budget.
- The system comes with standard reports and you also have the option to develop your own reports using SQL / Crystal Reporter.
- The consultation service offered by Hydra Management Limited is excellent and has assisted us in the development of a number of different solutions.
- The cultural changes required within the organisation to fully realise the benefits associated with this software are more challenging than intially anticipated and require top down leadership to ensure success.