POS Prophet Systems Point of Sale Software

Start your review of POS Prophet Systems

Click to start

Corey from SealMaster

Product Quality

We had one of our IT staff who worked with POS systems in the past evaluate several POS vendors to make our selection. We selected POS Prophet Systems for several reasons. First, the core software program met most of our needs as is but Prophet Systems was also willing to customize the application to suit some of the unique aspects of our business. Second, the salesperson had a very good understanding of the product and was able to listen to how were currently operated and suggest how the software application would work in our environment. Third, we felt like we were getting tremendous value for the amount of functionality and options the software had versus the price.

We were very pleased with the implementation process and how the software actually ran. As part of a group of companies with over a half billion of sales in 2010, we have implemented and integrated several different software packages. We were very happy with how POS Prophet Systems took a team approach and remained flexible when integrating with our other vendors. The software certainly did what they said it would and as the inevitable hiccups and difficulties arose during implementation, they did a great job of tracking and resolving our issues.

As a result of the new software our business processes have significantly improved and the amount of time we spend on back office administration has decreased even as sales, fortunately, have increased. One surprise we did not expect was the incredible flexibility we have in pricing our various product lines and being able to use functionality that was originally meant for a different industry in our business process. An example of this is the software has the ability to run a tab for restaurant and bar customers. This feature allowed us to track call in orders by posting a provisional sale that would be delivered a few days later and posting the final sale from the tab function. This process was always a nightmare before POS Prophet Systems.

Overall I would say we are extremely satisfied with the product.

Danielle from Akers Discount Golf

Product Quality

This system has proven to be the best POS system our staff has ever come in contact with. It is easy to use and the reports are very extensive. Before we had this system we were running a regular cash register and couldn't really track our sales on particular products. I love how easy the quick sale buttons are to set up and love that you can add pictures to each one for better recognition.

Vasilia from Greek Stop

Product Quality

In 2008, I opened Greek Stop, a Greek diner. Coming from a financial background, I was baffled at the amount of paperwork that I had to create and maintain on my own because I was using a regular cash register.

I started to research POS systems online; I even researched used equipment, trying to find a "deal" but I wasn't comfortable ordering online and I just didn't feel confident buying used so I procrastinated for more than a year. Finally, a customer of mine referred me to POS Prophet Systems and Sean.

Sean immediately held my hand and walked me through the whole POS Prophet Systems process. Sean and his team of people have become a valuable asset to my company. They have showed me how to track my money, my inventory and even my employees. The POS is easy to use and modify. In fact, when I do contact them for service, each employee at POS Prophet Systems treats me and my staff amazingly.

Recently my Account Executive from POS Prophet Systems came to my restaurant to update my software because I was playing phone tag with the tech- that's high class service.

I found the right deal, the right software and the right people with POS Prophet Systems!

Sam from The Kidz Outlet/Lexington Shoe and Handbag Outlet

Product Quality

My Name is Sam, and I am a small business owner located in Lexington, Kentucky. For the last 3 years, my staff and I have relied on POS Prophet systems to provide us with the customized functionality we needed in a point-of-sale system, yet at a price we could afford. POS Prophet Systems accomplished both without breaking a sweat.

Since living in Kentucky, I have owned two separate retail stores, one of which required software so customized, it was quoted at nearly a 12 month implementation time and a total cost of $70,000 to design. Feeling helpless and wondering if I would ever get my idea off the ground, I turned to POS Prophet Systems, just to give it a shot. My team and I had an online demonstration with one of their representatives and were blown away with what we saw. The software as it stood already accomplished 80% of the details we needed, but what was even more impressive was the fact that even at their already-reasonable costs to use this program, they were willing to tweak the software to our exact needs for next to nothing, in comparison to our previous suitors. In the end, our system did EVERYTHING we wanted it to do, at a fraction of the cost we were previously quoted.

Though POS Prophet Systems already provided software that encompassed every area of need for a retail store to operate effectively, our particular needs in both stores relied heavily on a complex inventory management/customer account system. For instance, in our first store we needed the ability to manage inventory not only by simply ordering and selling products, but to also rent AND track items in a separate program we offered. Having a "rental" option on a point-of-sale software isn't anything new, but what POS Prophet Systems was able to do, was. In utilizing a system similar to the "Netflix" model, our store obtained the ability to offer our customers a variety of membership plans that allowed them to rent items from our store, up to their respective plans' limits. Our customers could pick a plan that allowed them $XX.XX amount of dollars to use in renting clothing, at their original retail prices. Once finished with them, the member would simply bring back the items, receiving returned credit equal to the amount of the original rental value for each item. In summary, we were able to create customer accounts that tracked which membership they had, when they last used it, what items they had checked out of our store, and how much credit they had left to use....all at any given moment! This is not the type of software you can just go purchase down at your local Office Depot, this I can assure you.

Though I have gone into great detail over just one particular customization we needed, I must also mention the ease of use of this software. Learning a new point-of-sale system can be a daunting task, but with POS Prophet Systems, it was so simple I didn't even go to their training sessions provided with my new purchase. The user-interface is VERY friendly, and once you get the hang of the "back end" customizations, you'll think you stole the thing for the money you spent.

I may go on and on about this software, but I do that mainly because of the customer service I received ever since day one. Since the beginning, I was assisted by everyone on the staff at least at one point or another, including working hand-in-hand with company president Sean Connors, who made us feel like we were as important as clients 10 times our size. This is a huge difference to me, and hard to find these days.

I do hope that this review helps another small business owner like myself, who is new to the industry and struggling with the limitless options out there. Yes, you may find other low-cost options claiming to do this and that, but be weary. Purchases like this rarely pan out when they are this inexpensive. Honestly, I got lucky to find POS Prophet Systems...its as simple as that.

Easy to use, 24/7 tech support, great customer service. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Paul from King of Sweets

Product Quality

King of Sweets has 20 locations in 10 different states. We were looking for easy-to-use software which could be implemented in all our locations.

POS Prophet Systems made the installation simple, easy and quick! I was most impressed with the service; the company has a great support system to resolve software issues very quickly (even during holidays).

Steve from Newberry Feed and Seed

Product Quality

Our family owns Newberry Feed and Seed in Newberry, FL. We were searching for a POS system that could give us a wide range of reports plus be very easy to use for our clerks. We had always thought that POS systems required a lot of money and a lot of intensive labor. When we saw POS Prophet Systems we were shocked with what we could get for our money. We put no money down and just started making monthly payments. The on-site training was very helpful and detailed. We now have a state-of-the-art POS System for a low monthly payment. We run our credit cards through the software (it's PCI compliant) and POS Prophet Systems even stores our data for us so we do not need an expensive server. I highly recommend this software solution for its cutting-edge technology and the people behind it. Thanks POS Prophet for helping our family business during these tough times.

Steve Rogers

Michael from City of Peabody

Product Quality

The City of Peabody first started using POS Prophet Systems software at our city-owned golf course, The Meadow at Peabody, beginning in the spring of 2005. The support services and ease of use enabled us to get up and running quickly. The tracking and reporting features helped us to provide the controls and information reporting that had been lacking at the facility. After several years of satisfaction with the performance and service that we received with the Proshopkeeper product, we were please to find out that POS Prophet also had a general retail POS product.

In 2009, we were looking for a POS product that would enable the city to automate our Brooksby Farm store. The city owns and operates a working orchard/farm and we needed to implement the same reporting and controls at the Farm as we did at the Meadow. We reviewed many POS systems and had several POS grocery systems demos, but none had the same flexibility, ease of use, and value as POS Prophet Systems. We worked closely with Sean Connors and his staff to configure, implement and install the system in approximately 60 days. Since we were already familiar with the functionality and features of the software we were able to have golf course personnel work with Farm management on training and setup. The support staff at POS Prophet combined with our own information technology staff to set up and complete a smooth migration to our new POS system client and server. Over the years there have been very few glitches or problems with the software; it just runs and runs. Credit cards process instantly and if price changes or inventory adjustments are needed they can be done quickly and securely. We are going on our 7th year relying on POS Prophet System products to run our City Enterprises and look forward to the continued enhancements and upgrades that POS Prophet provides.

PS. Since there is always room for improvement - 4 out of 5 stars.

Mitch from Lilly Rocket

Product Quality

Our company, Lilly Rocket LLC, sells semi-precious gemstone jewelry in Las Vegas. We met POS Prophet Systems at a Trade Show and were instantly impressed. As a start-up, we had a blank canvas and could decide on a multitude of POS options, including traditional software vs. cloud computing.

After surveying the market, Sean and his team were the only company out there that could put together a solution that worked for our business. As a retail that sells all their items in "kits" ($8 each or 3 for $20 as example) we needed a system that wouldn't required a cashier's manual intervention to generate the appropriate discount after each transaction. While many companies claimed to have the ability to do this, only POS Prophet actually was able to execute this for us!

The relationship has been terrific ever since. Start up, training, troubleshooting and credit card interfacing were all handled efficiently, professionally and with a lot of patience. Customer support is very efficient and all calls are handled without delay.

When searching for a POS solution, I would highly recommend POS Prophet Systems.

Mitch Simbal