All Revit Reviews

Amjad

Maritime, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Future is here

BIM will certainly change the construction industry in ways we cannot fully appreciate yet. Revit is of the best solutions that are pushing this revolution forward.

PROS

- Game-changing and full-featured building BIM design software (Building Information Modeling) - Simplified the design process beyond belief from the days of AutoCAD - Quantity take-offs are now byproducts of the building model, not a separate business process. - With BIM (Not only Revit) the plans, sections and quantity take-offs are all dynamically related. Any change to one of them is immediately reflected on the others - Works well for Architectural, Structural, HVAC, and MEP modeling. - Easy to use yet very capable. - Seamless integration with other Autodesk solutions (NavisWorsk, Robot .. etc.) - Plenty of training resources online.

CONS

- The price is too steep for companies in developing countries especially since it uses an annual subscription for each user.

Reasons for switching to Revit

I still use AutoCAD for sketching but for anything new which matters, Revit is the way forward. BIM is the way forward and after using Revit for 5 minutes anyone would realize that.

Lyle

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Revit is great!

Good and bad. Good in that after two weeks of using Revit I did NOT want to use AutoCAD ever again. Bad in that getting our users to make the switch has taken time and resources. Figure on about 1-2 years to fully move from AutoCAD to Revit. The move is worth it, though.

PROS

The term "One source of truth" describes Revit well. You can produce hundreds of drawings from one 3D model. Change any drawing or the model and every drawing reflects that change. In AutoCAD, you would have to open up several drawings to make those changes. Revit, you change something in one place and you're done. Likewise we love the database Revit is. You can include any amount of information in your model that you want and present that information in schedules.

CONS

Moving from AutoCAD to Revit can be difficult and frustrating for many people. Revit is a very complex software and takes a while to learn but it is well worth the pain. Some of the best benefits like changing something in one spot can also be a curse because it may have unintended consequences in other views, but that's just something you get used to and learn to resolve.

Reasons for switching to Revit

The world is moving from CAD to BIM just as it moved from paper drafting to CAD 30 years ago. If you want to remain competitive, you need to move to BIM and Revit is the current leader in BIM.

Brian

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Hard to use electrically

Overall Revit is a great program that is an essential tool in the MEP industry. Any time I start a new project I hope that the arch is using Revit over autocad

PROS

Overall revit has alot of good features for integrating engineering systems with a project. having families link between arch/mech/plbg/fp/elec models and have parameters that interact with each other helps to maintain consistent coordination.

CONS

Electrically revit seems to lag behind quite a bit. Lighting design is still quite difficult to implement in a model. Quite frequently electrically you have to work against revit to get the proper info to show up which can be frustrating. i hope new systems to help display lighting controls are implemented.

Malvin

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Revit the best yet the worst!

Overaly, its a good software. its just too bulky, and too difficult to learn, and the UI is too old school. other than that , it does deliver

PROS

Revit provides a platform were different diciplines in contruction can work together simultaneously i.e an architect and an enigineer dont need to change softwares to wokr on rhe same project , everything all of then need is in the software . 2. Revit is morden, and provides all necesary tools for a morden architect, engineer or designer. 3. Of all BIM software , revit has the most support from different partners. it has the largest stick of assets on the market

CONS

1. its too bulky. 2. It has the stepest learning curve 3. the user interface is a mess, it still resembles ancient softwares like autocard. Archicad is more morden and easy to use compared to revit 4. the controls in the software are quite a work around

Chanaka

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Insightful design software

Considering the compatibility with other Autodesk applications and helpful features such as 2D and 3D drawing, BIM modeling, presentation tools this is a great application to use. But it comes with a larger price tag. Can be used for many purposes and currently, this is the industry standard for designing. Designing complex structures will be harder but considering advantages and disadvantages this is a good application to use.

PROS

Another great solution from Autodesk. In Revit, we have the ability to draw, design, and model structures depending on our needs. With tools to draw in 2D and easily model it into 3D, Revit is the solution architectures and civil engineers have been looking for. And especially with modeling and presentation tools Revit is the whole package. This package can be effectively used for architectural, structural, HVAC, and MEP modeling. And with enhanced support from other Autodesk applications, Revit seems like the industry-standard design software.

CONS

The main disadvantage is the higher price value for Revit. So middle and startup companies have to think twice before purchasing Revit. Also somewhat harder to create complex models. And for a beginner, this would be harder to learn and use.

Reasons for switching to Revit

Revit had more users therefore tutorials and increased support. Also, Revit faster and more user friendly.

JAZE

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Forever Revit

This was the most fun, it was very enjoyable and I remember asking myself why I didn't just trust my inner hunch and learn how to use this software earlier on in my life? Oh well... better late than never right...lol.

PROS

Right away I saw that this tool was more purpose-based than all the other tools I've used before which were more broad-based, so I was really happy with that. Another thing I noticed was that Revit mimics real life building elements in a smart, geometric way, it does automatic calculations and schedules plus it reduces the possibility of creating human errors. Multiple users can use the same file at the same time. This software is just simply GOLDEN!!

CONS

I did feel at first like I bit off way more than I could chew on but as the weeks progressed, I couldn't wait to dive in and learn something new about it because when it started to gradually make sense to me, there was no looking back after that. Revit was all I needed from then onwards.

Reason for choosing Revit

Revit was always the end-goal for me. I needed to familiarize myself with a more broad-based software that would teach me the jargon and technical requirements needed to use it with confidence.

Reasons for switching to Revit

I had become fluent in AutoCAD and needed a new challenge, this is why I made the switch and I'm so glad that I did.

Tichaona Redemptor

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

The best 3D modelling software available

Simply amazing.

PROS

It’s it just awesome to use and see results very fast.

CONS

None but just it’s a little pricey but I agree it’s worth of its value.

Reason for choosing Revit

It was the only option that was easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Revit

The only option that was easy to use.

christopher

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Revit for Structural Steel design

Overall, the use of Revit has been a very valuable and useful tool to the organization. We have been have able to visualize and model products for take-offs and quotes effectively.

PROS

the ability to create our own families for our products and quickly produce drawings parametrically.Implementing has been a pretty easy process. But like a set of legos with many ways to assembly. We are always striving to best develop the best process and practices for long term use.

CONS

We wish Revit was a combination of Advanced Steel and Revit. Even thou this is not the best practice for this type of software, our new users are adjusting to new techniques and practices based on Revit and BIM modeling.

Reason for choosing Revit

We choose Revit based on timeframe to train employees and complexity of other software's for our needs.

Reviewed December 2022

Very good design software

Its exactly 2 years that I use revit for my bridge and road projects

PROS

Révit is for the best in all the 3d design of bridges and roads. Easily adaptable for bridge and pavement engineers and what makes it exceptional is the fact that you can import a bridge designed on Infrawork to relive without worry; it adheres easily

CONS

Revit is very very complex to use unlike other 3D design software and 2D revit is too hard to master. It takes a lot of training time to master this software

Reason for choosing Revit

I opted to relive because despite its complexity to use it remains the best for road projects especially

Chante

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Revit Review

PROS

Ease of use. I started using it in Design school and it was one of my favorite programs because of the ease of use and learning curve as compared to AutoCAD. I enjoyed rendering my designs and seeing how they would turn out.

CONS

Downloading and finding precise BIM objects can be difficult at times.

Reasons for switching to Revit

I enjoyed Revits functions more and it seemed much more user friendly than autocad

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Powerful, but space consuming

Overall is definitely positive. Program allows students to learn basics (and more) of architectural design. Some more expansive tutorials would be nice as only beginner workflow has really proven useful for students.

PROS

It is very easy for beginning users to become quickly proficient by following tutorials. The software is also very robust. Students can design, furnish and create renderings/walkthroughs all within the same program. They can also import any components not included in the software from a number of support pages as well as some vendors who have created .rvt files of their products that allow it to be put into the space digitally with all correct measurements.

CONS

Very robust, but takes up so much disk space it sometimes freezes computer before even opening. A LT version may be beneficial, but an entirely online version, even if it's a "light" version, would be preferred. Students aren't using all available features so it would be nice if the education version took less space, so students could have access on computers other than the one lab with enough computing power to run the software.

Reason for choosing Revit

Until moving to paid version sketchup was not as friendly for architectural design.

Mario

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Revit is Great, but pricey

For architecture, Can’t beat it, but I in occasionally find the need to return to Inventor for things Revit can’t do.

PROS

We deal with Rails on a weekly basis. And this software has modifiable rail and rail systems as well as stair systems. I think that Awsome. Creating a home mockup for visual purposes for clients takes less than an hour. Love it.

CONS

I absolute loathe that for how advanced the software is to build a home, it stinks to be able to make components. You can’t treat families as components. The ability’s to customize them just aren’t there, it wasn’t what Revit was made for, although I wish it would.

Reason for choosing Revit

Revit BIM abilities were advanced. And manufacturers are marketing 3D BIM products downloadable to Revit. Makes drafting that much faster if I don’t have to design a part!

Reasons for switching to Revit

I need to be able to 3D a home quickly, and I couldn’t do that easily with AutoCad.

Mahnoor

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

A solid assurance to find project systems flaws before implementation.

Revit has become an indispensable tool for our projects, as we can always find interference between systems, as well as we can find appropriate solutions without affecting the workflow on the site.

PROS

Revit is the best BIM program ever, and they have strong modeling tools, which enable us to design a thorough 3D simulation for all civil and architectural works and the project's MEP systems. Revit provides great cooperative capabilities, which enables us to distribute the burden of work according to the specializations with high efficiency, as well as we can involve external advisers at any time to participate in the design or amendment of some parts. It is great that there are many ingredients and ready-made elements, as well as integration with AutoCAD can easily import two -dimensional plans and work to assemble them within Revit so that we can get a very accurate three-dimensional simulation for designs, which enables us to discover any interference between the different systems of the project and work on Amending its course before a time before the actual implementation of the site appeared.

CONS

We cannot talk about the negatives of Revit if we exclude the high price, which is an obstacle to adding new members from within the institution. It should also be noted that the device's capabilities have a major role in the smooth use of Revit, and the user will suffer if his device has weak capabilities. Sometimes I also face difficulty when opening plans from previous versions.

Amira

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The best guarantee that the work will be executed on time without design mistakes

It enabled us to discover the final product more clearly before starting implementation, which reduced the overlap of systems in general, and thus saved a lot of time, effort and money that were previously wasted as a result of design errors and repeat business, and this also contributed to raising the quality of work significantly.

PROS

Revit is the best application for creating 3D models and for producing VR ready presentations. I like its integration with AutoCAD so that we can export plans and models from AutoCAD and transfer them to Revit easily. For designers, being able to draw smoothly and being able to see a temporary dimension around an object is very useful. BIM capabilities provided by Revit allow both designers and customers to see the final product before it is built, and its multiple features, make us rely on it in the field of construction in particular, and make it a basis for data at all stages of design and implementation, as it enables us to easily coordinate our services with other deals as well as study the implications provides service guidance on the structure and architectural considerations that must be made with our mechanical and plumbing designs. It is an ideal solution to prevent interference between systems and save time and effort.

CONS

The main problem lies in the prices of licenses, which makes them limited in use and is only owned by large companies. Also, the ideal use requires extensive training to master the skills.

501-1,000 employees

Best BIM Product

I have been using Revit since last 3 years for modeling MEP services, producing shop drawings and quality take off. I use Revit to create a model which is used for clash coordination review in Navisworks. Revit saves lots of time in compare with other software as has many time saving and automation features.

PROS

It is the best drafting and 3D modeling software that I have used so far which have great features. The best part is that it is a multi user worksharing software by the help of which your whole team can work on a single project. You just need to save the file as central file. You can make a template and save it and use it anytime when your start a protect so that you not need to set the project standards like text font, leaders, dimensions style, layout etc each time. Just you can open the template and start working. Last but not the list, revit allows you to create different parameter for the object that helps to add necessary information of the object. The information provided can be extracted by help of scheduling. I will highly recommend to start practicing this software as it is going to be the future of AEC industry.

CONS

The only cons I have got about Revit is the it uses a lot of memory to run smoothly. One can only use Revit in effectively and smoothly if he/she have high configuration systems.

Luiz Fernando

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Revit is the future

Revit handles 3D better than its competitors Whether it's a plan, section, facade, perspective or 3D section, Revit can handle everything. It is very simple to create, for example, levels (floor, roof, ...), draw axes (future walls) without risk of error. Revit is used by architects and all other areas of construction to reduce design and maintenance risks. It also allows you to anticipate project performance even before construction begins, to create better quality concepts and to improve delivery conditions. No matter how complex a project is, Revit can manage your entire design from start to finish.

PROS

Revit is a BIM (Building Information Modeling) software, which allows you to model a building's data in 3D. Revit works in plan, section, facade, perspective, orthogonal view, 3D section and bill of materials. Revit: The World Reference in Data Modeling Revit is a tool that allows you to document a building from its virtual conception to its maintenance, once completed. The function of the Revit BIM tool is twofold: centralizing the data relating to the entire building, as well as the geometric and non-geometric design. Revit reduces modeling time because making changes is very simple. The software takes its name from this idea ("Revise-It"). Revit also uses "families" that can be downloaded to model a building more quickly. Families are collections of objects (furniture, lights, heaters, etc.), and textures that will feed the architectural project. Revit adds standard textures allowing you to render faster and make changes later.

CONS

It has usability considered complex, especially for designers with little technological affinity.

Danielli

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Software for integration between engineering and architecture disciplines

My internal workflow is more fluid after a while working with Revit, I have ease and agility in building the architectural and furniture models. The graphic result that I achieve with the software has become the identity of my project presentations.

PROS

With Revit I got to know BIM and understood the potential of this methodology. It was through the software's ability to integrate with other programs dominated by other civil construction disciplines that I was actually able to apply a viable and feasible solution to my projects. The benefits of Revit's BIM tools are recognized not only by the technical engineering and architecture team, but also by the administrative, financial and planning teams. The graphical representation that I get with the software makes understanding and communicating with different sectors easier.

CONS

The more technical aspects of Revit are essential for the platform to work, but in some ways, for architecture, they also seem to limit the creativity and organic design of architecture. I miss tools that are more free and customized for architecture. Or else it would be enough initially to change the user interface to a lighter and more didactic aesthetic.

Raj