All ZoomInfo Sales Reviews

2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

A Fantanstic Business to Business Lead Generation & Contact Finder!

Ashley

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

YOU NEED THIS!

We love ZoomInfo, you can do a trial in the beginning to dip your toes in the water and see how you like it, but again they really do work with you on pricing if that is what is deterring you from trying out this software. If you are a staffing/recruiting firm, I really recommend you trying this out!

PROS

We absolutely could not live without ZoomInfo! This software has made such a huge impact on our business, it is so easy to use and they really work with you on pricing if necessary! There are so many awesome add on you can choose from for your account, and we love being able to search millions of companies and get direct work line and mobile dials + work emails. It has helped out recruiters reach out to many hiring managers directly.

CONS

I would say pricing is a little bit high, but again you get what you pay for! And this service is 100% worth it in our minds, that we do not mind spending the money to make the business grow.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

N/A We did not look into any other product, we went straight to ZoomInfo and we are glad we did!

Reviewed May 2019

Great data, easy to use and train teams to use, valuable tool for sales/marketing

I have been a user for over 6 years and I love the tool. Their customer support is always responsive - although I have rarely ever needed them because the software is very intuitive and always is working just as expected. In my experience, the sales teams work with your budget on renewals - always are flexible and make adjustments to their packaging/pricing to fit your needs.

PROS

The quality of data is top notch. I have used many different sources of marketing data - even worked for 2 of the big players - and the data at ZoomInfo is among the top in quality for B2B. Their software is extremely easy to use, even with the recent update a couple years ago. I have trained many BDRs and SDRs on how to use the tool for prospecting. I have implemented this solution at new companies I have joined and it is always received as a high-value software that continuously is renewed year over year.

CONS

There's not many cons about this software. This is being really nit-picky but... I have used the tool as a marketer to build/target and export lists. Although ZoomInfo integrates with some CRM tools, I found I still needed to export the data into excel, add any custom fields (such as Lead Owner, Lead Status, etc), then upload it into the CRM. So it is a bit time consuming. If ZoomInfo can find a way to allow you to add custom fields to the data before instantly integrating into CRMs, that would save a lot of time.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

The value is incredible. The data quality is top in the industry and continually improving and expanding.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Poor Customer Service

Very traumatic experience. Aside from it is very expensive, zoominfo's customer service is really poor. I reached out to cancel my subscription however, I was told that an account manager will call us. Until now I have not heard from anyone.

Claire

Reviewed January 2024

Genuine Review

PROS

Zoominfo helps my team get perfect data and apollo is an excellent resource for lead generation Zoominfo has been a huge assistance to lead generation team, and I truly appreciate how extensive and well-functioning the database is. Apollo has been quite beneficial to a sales team by providing free emails and numbers

CONS

Zoominfo gives free credits that some other tools do not offer, and they only offer 5 or 10 credits. I thus enjoy Zoominfo

Ben

Reviewed April 2020

Zoominfo Review

Zoominfo has been an incredible resource. I have implemented at 3 different sales departments and will continue to require it as part of my sales tool set. I was surprised to find that in outing previous contact databases for Zoominfo, the company was paying about the same, if not more, for databases of half the size and little-to-no direct contact info. There are some startups with a fraction of the database that may be a better price-fit for individual users, but I think you're doing it wrong, if you're using: - Insideview or Dun&Bradstreet (not even comparable for direct contact info, for around the same price) - Rainking (great tool for companies targeting IT Departments, has similar detail in contact info, but not as extensive of database)

PROS

The accuracy of the data. Zoominfo has more direct dials, including cell phone numbers and desk extensions, than any contact database on the market. Zoominfo also provides emails for just about all of the contacts in it's database and does a good job of verifying/updating these contacts/emails regularly.

CONS

Zoominfo has very detailed data across all firmographics, but their employee count for small businesses (between 5-15 employees) is often inaccurate. For instance, in populating a list of companies with 10 or more employees, a lot of those 10-person companies may only have one or two... Not a big deal, in considering their accuracy for companies with over 20 employees and all the other pros. It use to be a 'steal', but the pricing has continued to increase since Discoverorg purchased it. Still a very reasonable price for it's value, but it is becoming frustrating as the costs continue to increase significantly. They have a minimum, which amounts to ~$5,000/yr, which makes it inaccessible to individual users.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

Rainking does not have the same depth for contacts. It has extensive contacts within IT departments and identifies c-level contacts at a lot of companies, but not nearly as extensive of a database. Worth considering if only targeting IT professions. Has the same comparable level of direct contact info and a cool feature for viewing department diagrams for hierarchy of employees.

Reasons for switching to ZoomInfo Sales

For reasons stated above. Zoominfo has far greater direct contact info. Insideview is comparable for emails (although not as accurate), but can not be compared for direct phone numbers (they mainly only provide company phone).

Eric

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

ZoomInfo takes the load off of Ops

Zoominfo is an older looking UI but their database is robust and it gets the job done.

PROS

Zoominfo is beneficial to me because I can assign credits to reps who want leads and then forget about it. They are empowered to set their own criteria and go hunt and sell on their own.

CONS

The integration with SFDC is sub-par. Ideally we could use more sophisticated configuration options so that these could come over to our CRM the way that we want to see them and that doesn't conflict with other conventions we have in place.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

ZoomInfo had the right balance of price and the ability to give reps the keys to hunt and source on their own.

Julian

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Easily the worst company I've ever done business with

TL;DR — This company does not care one iota about customer service. They do not care about you or your business. They don't care about maintaining a good relationship in the pit of a pandemic. And even when times are fine, they don't care about giving you what they said they'd give you. Here’s the experience * I spent three months telling the sales rep exactly what I needed. * Each time I explained it, she said something like, “Our plans just changed since last we spoke, but yes our current offer can meet your needs.” Confusing as all get-out every time she explained it. * Finally decided to try it, because since they’ve bought out their competitors they’re the only one we could use. * After two days we realized something was very wrong. * They basically said, “Oh you need another plan for that.” Note: we did exactly what we said we’d do. * Kicked it up to sales person’s manager: After 5 mins of listening, “Shoot, we’ve got you on the wrong plan.” Did they change our plan and admit their mistake? Nope... 363 days with the wrong plan and nothing we could do about it but give them more money and hope it would be different. * We improvised with what we had as best we could, lost a lot of time, didn’t yield what we needed. * Nine months later I get a surprising call from their collections agency telling me I have to pay a bill. These guys never called me, never sent an “in this together” email. In April, the pit of the pandemic, they just shot me over to collections. Wow.

PROS

The data quality is good and has improved over the past few years. This has been accomplished through numerous acquisitions of competitors, and either they were always a terrible company or the disarray from M&A has cast them into such chaos that all they can do is sell whatever they can get people to agree to buying, and operate a platform. Whatever benefit they provide is so overwhelmingly overshadowed by their apathy and lethargy as a firm that I'm repeatedly reminded of interactions with corrupt functionary bureaucrats in failed states every time I deal with them. This may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you that it is not. I specialize in emerging markets and the only time I've ever seen behavior like I have at this company is in the most forgotten and ungoverned parts of the world — the places where if you don't like what they're serving, or if they didn't do what they promised, you can just go shove it or pay them more and hope that you finally get what you need... eventually.

CONS

We were sold the wrong benefits despite roughly three months of discussing our needs with the sales rep, and the company did absolutely nothing to amend this despite the sales manager's first impression on reviewing the problem being, "Oh shoot, we've got you on the completely wrong plan." So I'm not sure because it only sometimes met our needs and the company never revised our plan and blithely ignored our requests for them to do so.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

They've bought their competitors. I'd love to find a decent alternative and give them all my money at this point.

Reasons for switching to ZoomInfo Sales

DiscoverOrg bought ZoomInfo and billed it as the better option for smaller companies. Despite an underwhelming experience with DiscoverOrg, I prayed for something better with ZoomInfo and was absolutely painstaking in making sure I was getting what I needed from a plan with them. Needless to say, I didn't get what I needed whatsoever and, worse, they did nothing to fix it.

Hi Julian, I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. This is absolutely in no way how we conduct ourselves with our customers. As always, we appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking to improve. If you could please email me at colbie.blaisdell@zoominfo.com I would love to chat more with you in hopes I can help resolve any issues you are currently having and figure out a way with you to avoid any miscommunication in the future. Thank you, Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing

Replied September 2020

Ken

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

ZoomInfo has buyers' cell numbers, which has been a gamechanger for me.

Overall, I have seen value from ZoomInfo and it has helped me accelerate some deals.

PROS

with ZoomInfo, I like that I can get notifications about the companies that I care about and what they are doing. That allows me to strategize what I want to do and who I need to reach out to to. And when I do my outreach, I know what I need to say with my messaging that will cut through the noise and get a response from my buyer.

CONS

Because there is so much you can do with ZoomInfo, sometimes the software is a bit hard to use. It really does take time to set it up properly, otherwise it's just another too-powerful, often clunky solution in my tool kit.

Reasons for switching to ZoomInfo Sales

This tool is more powerful and giving me more information, such as my buyers contact information. Specifically having the cell phone numbers for my prospects has been a game changer.

Dani

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Great platform for lead and company data enrichment

we are very happy with this software and this is a key platform for our outbound

PROS

it's accurate, the database is big, very easy to work with a very reliable, very good support

CONS

its is less accurate for EU leads, its pretty expensive

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

it had better reviews and comprehensive coverage of what we needed

Reviewed January 2020

Great Catalog/Communication Product

This product has dramatically transformed our companies "attacking" process of sales. Would recommend to anyone needing lead generations.

PROS

ZoomInfo is a life saver for those sales/cold-calling individuals that have a hard time reaching their targets. It implements numbers/emails so you can have your targets direct line, and is very useful in following up and striking conversations between managers, employees, or potential targets in a company.

CONS

Sometimes it can have ambiguous or outdated information and it makes it difficult to track down exactly the person you're looking for.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

ZoomInfo we felt had the most bang for our buck and had the largest pool of lead generations after the free trial periods.

Julia

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

One of my fave tools

PROS

I don't know what I would do without Zoom. This came up at our company conference. A necessity for remote work.

CONS

Zero qualms. I used to experience some issues with recordings, but they seemed to have fixed that as I haven't experienced that in months now.

Reasons for switching to ZoomInfo Sales

more functionality to better manage, record, share, and annotate

Christian

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Regular User

The primary business challenge being solved is around uncovering new business logos to promote our services. The platform has also assisted in cleaning the data we already have in Salesforce.

PROS

The platform has been a major contributor to developing new prospects that fit our ICP guidelines, including revenue, employee count, and technology infrastructure. It has also assisted me in collecting as much information for prospecting new contacts within an organization. Integrating with Salesforce was incredibly straight forward, and I personally like the chrome extension. It allows me to look up a contact in Zoom without having to leave a LinkedIn profile.

CONS

One of the key issues I have noticed is the level of accuracy with the data shared on a particular contact. In many cases, the contact would no longer be with an organization associated with ZoomInfo. There have been instances where the contact may have left the company more than a year ago, and ZoomInfo still doesn't have the updated information. The level of detail in the data is incredible, but it's less accurate than what I remember when I first started using the platform.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

When I started with my current company, I had mentioned the successes experienced with ZoomInfo when I was with my previous employer. I spoke with the CEO of my current organization a few times about the benefits and the information we could have access to, based on the subscription we chose to purchase. We didn't look at alternative products, based on my two years of experience with the platform with my previous employer.

Cory

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Biggest disappointment of the year

This has to be the biggest disappointment, and I would never recommend this tool, it's extremely pricey, and when we reached out to our Account Manager for help, he kept saying “well, I remind you, you're on a contract”. We don't feel like we're being listened at. We are still waiting for options to fix this issue, or to cancel this tool that has been of zero use to us. Furthermore, we've gotten training where they keep repeating the same and the same, taking little value from it.

PROS

Integration with Hubspot seemed to work fine

CONS

Where do I start? Since the beginning we express our concerns to the AE assigned to us, that ZoomInfo could be “too big for us”, since we target mainly small to medium companies; after we were reassured that the Data was updated and taken from several channels, we decided to go ahead with the solution. Three months in (almost four), and we haven't gotten one single good lead. Some of the issues are, but not limited to 1) a lot of the information for small business was not up-to-date, 2) "Small businesses" that always end up being part of a bigger company, 3) Mixed information from companies from the Intent because the signal and the suggested contacts are pulled from different companies with the same name, 4) it can take up to an hour to clean ONE contact, since the information is mixed, and as stated before, many times the data is not updated, many people who "doesn't work there anymore", 5) When using the Intent feature and calling the lead, they rarely know what we're talking about, or they got a solution “weeks ago”, 6) Intent topics are locked, and you can change them only a few times during the year, so you want to be extra mindful with those, but of course, these topics are NOT open to you. They give you a long excel list with a thousand of topics for you to “select”. This is so complicated and takes so much time, when it would be easier to do it with on a sharing screen meeting, so 7) will be lack of support.

Reason for choosing ZoomInfo Sales

Lusha was too simple, and Apollo's team would take too long to reply. Also, when we did a small trial, we realized there was no live support, making it very complicated to get any kind of help.

Kaylah

Reviewed September 2021

Great Contact Data Platform with Additional Benefits for Customer Engagement

Overall, my team really likes Zoominfo. It's simple, easy to use, and gives us the type of information that we need for our sales team to be successful. It's a great additional to pair with our other tools, and it extra helpful when it comes to finding contacts on LinkedIn.

PROS

My team really likes Zoominfo! It allows us to easily pull contact data for our sales team. The variety of filter options make the platform easy to use, and makes list pulling quick and simple. We love the Websights feature that allows us to see which companies have been on our site. And we really love the intent data that the platform provides! It's great to be able to cross reference the websights with the intent data to not only see who has been on our site and the pages they have viewed, but also it also allows us to focus on other products or services that the company is showing interest in when our sales team does outreach.

CONS

I wish the platform were quicker at updating contact and company records, and I wish that we would be actively updated on requests we have made in regards to these updates. I have submitted a few update requests, but they seem to die after the request is submitted because nobody reaches out to tell me the update has been complete, or when the update will be done. I have checked back in on records months later to see that they still were not updated with my request. Many of these have been HQ address updates.

More features available with Zoominfo

Peter

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The most powerful lead generation software I know

PROS

ZoomInfo is one of the most important software solutions of our company. It is used by the whole sales team and our single source of truth regarding lead generation and lead quality. Since outbound sales is our most relevant revenue channel, high quality leads are mandatory for our success. The use experience is very accessible plus we are doing internal trainings with ZoomInfo. I especially like the salesforce integration, which takes a lot of manual workflows away from me. The quality of leads we generate over ZoomInfo is impressive.

CONS

Sometimes it can be necessary to check the researched Email addresses double e.g. with Domain Ninja in order to make sure we save the right contact email. But despite that, I am super happy with ZoomInfo.

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

A Fantanstic Business to Business Lead Generation & Contact Finder!

Overall ZoomInfo Sales OS has done wonders for my small business! It opened up a world of contacts and doors that we would not have been able to open on our own. It's simply a great idea and one that no other company is doing that I'm aware of, at least not on this scale. If you deal with a lot of business to business sales, this is really a must have. Even if you are just looking for certain contacts in your industry, ZoomInfo will really help you out. Highly recommended to businesses of all kinds!

PROS

ZoomInfo SalesOS is unlike any other software I've used! Gone are the days of spending countless hours searching for leads or contacts manually...Simply use SalesOS to get a whole database of relevant info quickly and safely. Other than the great concept of ZoomInfo in general, and the great info you can get from them, I have to say the thing I like the most is their customer service. They are very attentive and available to help you make sure you get the most out of the platform.

CONS

I honestly don't have anything really negative to say about ZoomInfo Sales OS! If anything, it can be a little confusing at first because they have many different pricing options and packages to choose from. But fear not! If you need help deciding what's best for you business, their great customer service team will guide you every step along the way.