Browse HandiSoft Reviews

Handi Tax and Handi Ledger

No problems to solve. It is a great program and does what it is designed to do. Simple to use and navigate.

Pros

We have been using the software for about 30 years and love the ease of use. Makes tax return preparation easy.

Cons

The errors have always been a bit odd. I think they should show the item number of the error for each error. They are at times, cryptic.

Tamra from Walters Accountants

Good effective product

Ease of use, low rate of error or interruption of service and effective for the purpose of build allowing you to extend the product with ease if needed.

Pros

Ease of use and flow between modules - makes thigs easier rather than consuming time

Cons

Our system is server based and over the last two years as the product has become more cloud based the desktop version has lost small funcionality that can provide annoying glitches

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Server focus allowed for better secutity and had what we needed without pushing what we did not yet could be added on to as our needs expanded - we only want what we need not to be sold what we will not use effectivly.

Reasons for Switching to HandiSoft

MYOB had too many glitches and was not built at the time fro the funcionality or purpose of operating in an accountants office environment.

Pamela from Australian Taxation Accountants

Disappointing

Experience over the past 12 months very disappointing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have tried to assist, I comment these 2 staff members, but they are trying to help so many practices that it is difficult I feel for them also.

Pros

Handitax is good. Handiregister is good.

Cons

HandiLedger was good but without Accountants Cloud addons required in the new environment, no one wants to rekey data from other programs like Xero. Now we have to buy HandiLedger and Final Accounts. The manuals for the new Final Accounts, Tax in Cloud, Accountants Cloud are poor. Really difficult to train staff on new software and then you are required to pay more for training.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Previously, when we were all on servers Hsoft was a great product, but now?

Luke from APA Accountants

My Review

Overall we do enjoy using the software, however better support is a huge bonus for us and could one day be a reason for us to switch to another product.

Pros

This was an easy to use product that works in well with our business systems.

Cons

However, when there are any problems with the program or questions we have it is difficult to get in contact with someone who is able to help. The email response is usually received the next day and if it is not the perfect answer or the team don't have follow up questions, it can take up to a week or two to fix something that could have been a 5 minute phonecall.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

We were already familiar with this software.

Owen from Owen Webber Accounting Services Pty Ltd

Great experience. Handisoft has helped out my family's accounting business (I am 2nd generation) for many years

Pros

Have been using this software for 10+ years so am used to the software. I use the old offline software as like being able to work offline if there is internet outages

Cons

None that I would use as I use other software to perform these features

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

As my elderly father still uses handisoft and knows how to use the program and the fact we cannot access old tax returns/data if we were to move as would still have to get index file to access the last years software

VICKI from Vicki Taylor Accounting

HANDISOFT WORKS

HandiSoft has been with me throughout the twenty plus years I've been running my own business. It presents professional reports and I wouldn't change.

Pros

Handisoft is easy to use and reliable. I've never had cause to use customer support as the program pretty much runs itself.

Cons

I would like to move to a cloud based version so that I can access my work anywhere.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Xero is not as easy to adapt to different levels of client needs.

SABINE from J & S TAXATION & FINANCIAL SERVICES

Handisoft

Handisoft is the only product we have used. We are only a small practice with 3 full time employees and 1 casual employee. We have not moved to the cloud so I don't know how the products work in the cloud. We use Practice Manager, Time and Billing, Handiledger, Handiregister, Handitrust and Handitax. We are happy with the products and have no intention of changing.

Pros

I like practice manager because it brings everything together in one place. I like the workpapers facility. Although we do not use the workpapers provided by the workpapers program, it enables us to attach our own work papers. I like that we can store documents electronically. It is the only accounting software I have used and I am happy with it so I have never looked at any other software.

Cons

It is not that I like it the least, it is that I know the least, and that is how to get a lot of the reports that you can get from the software. However, everytime there is a presentation, or some tips and hints are emailed in a newsletter, there is always something new learnt. As mentioned previously, one of the hardest things to do, is changing the way you do things, even though something can be done in an easier way. Implementing change takes time.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

When we chose handisoft, it seemed the best product, even though some of the other products we considered were cheaper. We have been happy with Handisoft and the improvements they have made over the years.

John from Progressive Accounting Services

Handitax for sole practitioner

Overall I am extremely satisfied with handitax and even though it is expensive with other options in the market place, would not consider changing, given the proven technical correct tax reporting over 25-years. Plus in recent years HandiSoft has given me a discount for my long term loyalty to the product

Pros

A good logical menu layout and most importantly there is a support team available to answer any issues that may arise. However I would on average contact Support no more than five times a year. Probably a product of my 25-years of familiarity with handitax, from one year to the next the change in functionality is only minor and where there are changes to any reporting, relatively easy to work out (as a general rule)

Cons

Least like the PDF document saving function that does not remember where the last document is saved, continually points to the HSOFT folder when you have just saved a document in your client folder and you want the next document, when creating a series of client docs (finance application), to go to the same client folder

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

For all the reasons mentioned above, no other product considered

Sue from PG&A Accountants & Advisers Pty Ltd

Long term user

Our overall experience is very good that's why we've not changed.

Pros

We have been using Handisoft since around 2003 when we moved from another provider. We find it easy to use however do struggle at times to keep up to date with new features. We would like to see more updates explaining new features and ways in which they can be used. If we were aware of them we'd probably utilize them a lot more.

Cons

In Handiledger there is Graphs option however it only reports on balances for 1 year by month. As we don't use Handiledger on a daily basis for any clients, this feature is useless. I'd like to see an overview facility that shows comparisons year on year in a graphical way. This would be useful for us when doing annual sign off meetings with clients.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Easy to use, pricing value for money.

Reasons for Switching to HandiSoft

The software needed faster machines to run and we didn't have the capital to replace all our computers at that time. Handisoft was the best option

Michael from M Harding & Associates

Work Ethics

Have used Handisoft since the early 1990's and since the inception of ELS and SBR systems and it has always been an integral part of my business structure. Have had staff working with me in the past and they found it easy to pick up and use in a proper manner.

Pros

The Product is very easy to use even for a "newey" with self explanations if in doubt and errors being flagged and explained to the use, almost like having a tutor in your presence. It fits in and is an inntegral part of my business ethics and workings .

Cons

The only downside to the software I have ever found is the is the number of characters allowed on a line of imput. In some instances it won't allow full use of the space allotted and just cuts you out of typing.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

It was a local business established in Perth in the 1990's. The others were interstate rivals. You could drtive to their office and receive personal attention if required which did happen in the early days.

Frank from Advance Taxation & Accounting Services

20+ Years User

Very good product overall, but very expensive, and the annual increase in cost over the years has never been, in my mind, able to be justified, especially if we compare the increases with inflation.

Pros

Very good product, generally easy to use, and good support for technical matters

Cons

This time last year, I raised an issue with Handisoft, on a matter which impacted negatively on productivity. Despite the customer support officer showing good level of understanding of the issue, and seemingly willing to help, and despite numerous phone calls, emails back and forth, to date, one year on, matter still not resolved. In fact last I heard from the operator was 12/12/20, and NOTHING since. Very disappointing. And I also wish to mention about the very scary functionality surrounding report writing. I tried valiantly a few times to venture into this, but the complexity, the lack of ease, the difficulty that requires almost an programming degree, has left me avoiding this at all costs.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Initially (over 20 years ago!) because I wanted the best.

Nyree from Infinity Advisory & Planning Pty Ltd

Public Practice Accounting Software

I have been using HandiSoft for over 25 years and have got to see the development over this time. The full integration of client management, time costing, invoicing, ledger, tax returns, document management, jobflow and workpapers makes it easy to work with and it is a user friendly.

Pros

HandiSoft is a fully integrated accounting software product for Public Practice accountancy firms. You only need to set up the client information once and the client information is available across all components of the software. The sue of DataHub is also beneficial in obtaining reports necessary to running and maintaining an accountancy practice.

Cons

There is no integration for SMSF's. If there is integration between other SMSF software and importing into HandiTax so all client tax returns are in the one program that would make the lodgements of all entities easier.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Familiarity of the product and knowing out to change reports as needed. Value for money also.

Gordon from Gordon Fraser & Associates PL

was good... not now

Previously... good. Recently... money grabbing and lack of investment in a proper cloud system.

Pros

It used to be reliable, reasonable value for money, low tech.

Cons

Recently... lack of a cloud solution. Venal pricing policy for legacy access to systems and data that I though I owned. $4,500 pa merely to log on and access my past records !!!!!!

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I have left Handisoft tax software as the Xero tax software is much more attractive. Furthermore, I was quoted an excessive price for access to legacy systems. Now days I only use Handiledger software because of all the legacy records I need access to. I accept that Handi products comprise a complete suite of products for a tax agency business. But the loss of access to these marginal products (eg doc manager, timesheets, etc) is a minor concern compared to the advantages of using a true cloud based solution.

Roxanne from H R Young

Makes my working life easier

I've been using Handisoft since July 2006, and have found it straightforward to use. My office is set up in my home, so I particularly appreciate the client portal function, which enables me to look after clients anywhere in the country, without the need for long delays with postage.

Pros

I like that it's fully integrated, and I can have everything for each client in one place. Excellent support; always respond ahead of expected wait times, and continues until problem is sorted out.

Cons

I'm disappointed that the Workpapers feature isn't available at the beginning of the year, and can only be used for the previous year, not available for the current year, when preparing BAS

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I had already been using Handisoft, while working for another firm, and preferred it to another product which I had used with a previous employer.

Pamela from Pamela Doisneau

Advantages of Handisoft

I have been using Handitax for years, it has always been easy, reliable, quick , easy to send returns by email to clients, easy to lodge, some software equires a lotof fiddling around with to do a job, but not Handitax.

Pros

I work a a sole trader, my computer knowledge is fairly basic, however I have no trouble installing Handitax, rolling over clients, their work sheets are excellent, straightforward, , it is a very easy software to use and I have used several others including MYOB and this is much more user friendly.

Cons

I would like the capital gains schedules to be more intensive, they are fine, but could have a little more detail.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I have used MYOB at work, also Taxcat and Handitax, Handisoft is a much easier program to use, is reliable, has a great support system, works well.

Graham from Flegg CPA

Handitax for the Smaller Practice

Began using Handitax when electronic lodgements first started. Had a very good relationship with the original developer [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and loved the time difference between NSW and WA for support and development reasons. Many of the early improvement came from some of our requests for additional features.

Pros

Ease of use by multiple users, prior to retiring I had up to 10 users using Handi-Tax, Time and Billing, Practice Manager.

Cons

Cost. My current issue is with not being able to access prior years files without paying for the current years programs which I no longer use in retirement.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Ease of use and costs. As a retired practitioner lodging approx. 100 returns and less than 30 corporate and business clients I now find it too expensive to maintain and have switched to using QuickBooks Online and LodgeiT.

Kerryn from All Accounting Matters Pty Ltd

Practice Management Package

Having interactive modules makes management of our accounting practice easier and staff can be given access to only the modules they need. Practice security means we can set different levels of access. Document storage has meant we can keep emails and signed documents within reach so less paper and no leaving your desk to review historic work. Dont use enough of the features but what we use is reliable.

Pros

Have used Handi for many years. The interactive modules means we have Tax, Ledger, Time and Billing along with Document storage and also a Practice Management module so you can move between any of the modules quickly and easily.

Cons

After 11 years of use have just found this last year more glitches with downloading from MYOB and other software and have no Australian phone support service. This has meant slower resolution to issues.

Helen from Helen M Morrow

Very Handy!

I had decided to move to the cloud with HandiSoft, but my many contacts through their website came to nothing.

Pros

I have been using HandiSoft products since 1995. When I set up my own practice, I never hesitated in purchasing HandiSoft for myself. It is very user friendly, straight forward in its approach to tax, logical in its set-up, easy to teach to new staff members, is seamless with its integrated programs (HandiLedger) and is very satisfying to use.

Cons

I probably do not use all the wonderful features that HandiSoft has, so there is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I am not adverse to change, but sometime s it is too difficult when one is always busy. I saw changing software as a steep learning curve.

Suzanne from Continuum Accounting Pty Ltd

The Complete Accounting Practice Package

Overall easy to learn and use.

Pros

Integration of the products, single data base, CRM functions, linking related clients.

Cons

Some of the functions on offer are not intuitive, Trust has a very basic bank reconciliation function, Register does not always communicate with ASIC and Jobflow does integrate well.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

When we first bought the practice in 1999 it had Handi Tax and Handi Ledger in place. We added Practice Manager, Document Manager, Client Portal, Trust and Register to create a full suite of integrated software that uses the same data base (each client has their own folder with all the data being saved in one place) and have used them for more than 20 years.

Alison from Resolve Accounting Pty Ltd

Good quality and reliable

Pros

Detailed information on how to use the software and very helpful support staff

Cons

Integration ease with other apps and online use. Costs more than other accounting software providers

Reliable and comprehensive product

Tom from Tom Jelly

Review of Handitax

I only use Handitax, The other products are not used because I use a contract Bookkeeper who has MYOB & Xero. With my small practice it is not financially viable to use the other product.

Pros

I have used product for many years & found it to be easy to use

Cons

Because I am only working Part Time I find the Annual costs to be a burden. It is higher higher than some other Tax Software, however, the work involved in transferring to another fund is prohibitive.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Originally Handitax was considered to meet my requirements. Recently other Tax Software has been considered to be less costly, however the time & cost in time to transfer records has been considered to make the purchase uneconomical.

Andy from Success Tax Professionals - PAYNEHAM

Excellent Program

Excellent Program

Pros

Ease of use, once you are used to it, it's a walk in the park

Cons

Took a while to get used to this program due to the fact that this program is very comprehensive

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I used a combination of the products

Karin from IMYB ACCOUNTING SERVICE PTY LTD

LONG TERM USER - BUT NOT HAPPY WITH SOME INTERNAL T+B OR ERROR FUNCTIONS

in 25 years - not bad, mostly hard if you start working and an error comes up - call the ATO and they advise it is a software problem with the first issue of 2021 TR, so you go back to H/soft leave a message and they come back on the phone day after a new issue is raised and send

Pros

IF BASIC TR - not hard, software support very hard to get as always too busy to answer straight away and than shuffled to diff areas in Handisoft

Cons

T+B - if you delete the description or change description - only the current show up but not the old data on old # we refer to it some times, also if you put a cost code in and you start new with the first 2 numbers and looking for the rest = 3rd number it goes back to the lowest number (hard to explain)

Wayne from McKendry Tax & Accounting

Satisfied Handisoft User

Overall completely pleased with Handisoft. Never had a problem which could not be solved or at least explained. Works brilliantly most times, which is important for smaller operators who don't have onsite technical help etc, only actual accountants.

Pros

Integration between Handisoft & Handitax. Also between Sage One and those two modules.

Cons

Sometimes support is needed urgently and due to demand this is not always possible. Also most support staff are excellent at their jobs and are more helpful than the very odd one who just doesn't try as hard.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

My first accountancy employer used Handisoft so I am familiar with and appreciate it's many good points.

Ronald Mosby from Ron Mosby And Associates

User for over 15 years

Pros

Software that continues to stay upto date and innovate

Cons

Don't us it as an integrated system due to cost

More features and reliability

Sandra from Denmark Accounting Services

Handisoft - Tax Practitioner Software

After 25yrs I have changed my Tax Software& my Time & Billing Software & Superfund Software. Mostly due to the cost of the software. I have since found the software I have swapped to has better functionality as well. I have also found the software support is not as good as it used to be.

Pros

I like the fact that it is a well integrated system if you get several modules. Easy to install on desktop & workstations. Mostly user friendly.

Cons

The online Appstream Access is very slow to load up & is more susceptible to internet speeds or congestion. SuperFund software is not very practical for SMSF's with real property acquisitions & sales.

Sanjay from Adroit Taxation Services

User Friendly

Excellent software. Quick and user friendly I am using this software since 2007, my arrival year in Australia.

Pros

Ease of use, Same/similar dashboard for each year, Pre-fill report functionality, Activity statement create and pre-fill functionality. Fast processing. Copy of an address from another client. Spouse details link in the tax form.

Cons

It disconnects from the server, then needs to end the task from the window and restart the software. A little bit expensive. Two years back, support was excellent, and nowadays delay in support and long call waiting.

Claude from CP & A Accountants

Handisoft - CP & A Accountants

Handisoft is the program we have used for 25+ years from its inception and we have grown with it and noted its benefits and improvements. However the treatment of "micro practices" like ours (<500 lodgments) needs to improve.

Pros

Ease of use. Clear usable program with minimal fuss of movement between modules

Cons

Support is dismal. Have to ask questions about certain problems that occur more than once. Told that issues and suggestions have to be referred or escalated to a manager for clarification or for it to be resolved and no answer returned unless we remind them of the issue.

Always had it

DEBBIE from Adrian J Bedllotti Chartered Accountant

excellent easy to use software for accountants

As per above

Pros

Handitax, handiledger and Sage Payroll are the products we use. Tax and Ledger we have used since 1990 and are vey happy with the ease in which they can be used. Support is very good as well. Payroll we have used for only the last 2 years and the support is excellent usually within 10 mins of sending my queries by email I get an answer. Would highly recommend these software programs.

Cons

not applicable in this case as there is nothing that I do not like about the software

Seemed so easy to use

ROY from ROY LOGOZZO ACCOUNTING

MY EXPERIENCE WITH HANDISOFT

I have used the software since I was employed in a small firm of accountants in Leichhardt NSW back in 1983 and in 2008 I started my own practice which is just a small concern but I have always found Handisoft to be efficient and reliable for my purposes. I am very happy with the product.

Pros

As I am preparing tax returns every day I find the software reliable in all aspects of my day to day operations.

Cons

So far I cannot fault it. I have always found that if there is a problem then I just call or email support and they respond within a reasonable time and they solve it for me.

Nerida from Nerida Ruth Landsberg

A Long Association

Great.

Pros

Handisoft is very easy to use and I love how you can identify errors before lodgement. I have used this product since 1998, that is 23 years, and it never fails. I rarely have to reach out for help from the technical team, even though I am not an IT person and I do not employ an IT person. I have seen the product evolve, and my only regret is that I am not 20 years younger so I could enjoy all the cool things that you can now do with it, but I am now too small to warrant the outlay for these features!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, except perhaps not having access to data and reports once I ceased subscribing to a module. eg. Handiledger.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

The visual was better. When completing the tax return it looks like a paper copy and is logical. It means that I am unlikely to miss things.

Jeremy from Jeremy Posniak Chartered Accountant

One Stop Shop!

I have been using Handisoft for many years and have always found the software to be user friendly and reliable.

Pros

I like the fact that the modules are integrated and the transfer of data between them is seamless

Cons

I don't like the fact that there is little consultation on program changes or enhancements.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I have found Handisoft to be robust and reliable, with a focus on what I need as an accountant and tax agent. The other products do not focus on the core requirements.

Peter from Jem Accountancy

Accountants Reveiw

It is a nice program to use, just a little dated with its features.

Pros

It is very user friendly, however many reports are available, considering the amount paid. Such as the Cash Flow Report never balances, there are no management style reports. (such as GP%, NP% etc)

Cons

All the updates, every time there is one, it costs money as the PC contractor has to install, and often they are sent a few days apart for the different modules, such as H/tax on one day, then a few days later H/ledger.

Shirley from Corpassist Pty Ltd

My review

I continue to use it because I don't want to learn another product right now - I'll retire very soon.

Pros

I continue to use Handisoft because I have been using it for over 25 years and just don't want to change now.

Cons

Possibly the price - the cost is a very high % of my total expenses as my turnover now is quite small. comment.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I don't want to learn another product right now - even though I think Handisoft is expensive, it suits my purposes and the support is great!

Stephen from Perth Accounting & Tax Solutions

My Handisoft Review

Reliability, ease of use and time saving.

Pros

The HandiSoft product transfers the tax details so that it makes completing a tax return quick and efficient saving me a lot of time. I like the flexibility of editing transactions . Going back a year and correcting errors then rolling forward with ease.

Cons

The software has become expensive.

Reasons for Switching to HandiSoft

Solution 6 was more expensive, difficult to use, difficult to produce the reports, correct errors.

Kathy from INGLES ACCOUNTING PTY LTD

No title

Better than my last experience with MYOB AE

Pros

Ease of data entry and ability to drill down and edit transactions.

Cons

HandiTax - working out why error messages appear can be difficult and time consuming and not always logical ie problem arises in a seeminlgly unrelated area. Inability to make and save changes to notes to the accounts and invoices

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

An employee recommended it from having used it at their previous job

Reasons for Switching to HandiSoft

MYOB AE was not user friendly

Matthew from Baines Pendal Co

Effective Accounting Practice Software.

HandiSoft has been very effective for running our practice for 20+ years.

Pros

The best feature has been the HandiTax program. Being designed from the ground up to be used for completing tax returns it is very efficient. You can manually complete the entire return with just the keyboard!

Cons

A lot of the newer features like Client portals and data feeds are not as smooth as other, online only software products.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Onsite installation and data retention.

Neil from Bundaberg Tax & Accounting

Handisoft Review

We have used the Handisoft suite of products for 20+years. It suits our business and helps with both clients and reporting requirements

Pros

Good product for our business. We use practice manager, time & billing, handildeger and Handitrust. All are key requirements for us and they suit our needs

Cons

Perhaps the overall cost of the suite of products for all users in our office

Ease of use. User friendly

Reasons for Switching to HandiSoft

Did not like their product. Handisoft was easier to use

ranjini from ASTUTEPLUS

ASTUTE PLUS

I appreciate the software support provided by Handi soft I like everything about this software, but I feel its bit expensive compare to your competitors.

Pros

prefilling, Roll over features, transfer to related party are very quick and simple

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

When I bought the new practice they were using this product. I wanted to continue rather than importing.

john from eea accountants

product review

helps in running a successful practice

Pros

have been using handi tax, time management and corporate software since the product was first released. whilst there are a few small issues with the some of the reporting functions, there could be a few additional options, basically we are very happy with all aspects of the software packages.

Cons

there could be some small tweaks to the reporting particularly in Time and billing

Denise from Denise Griffiths Business Services

H soft review

support is pretty good . Sales is not so good my email was not responded to when I asked about waht I was paying for - purchasing software or a licence to use the software when I got emails sayign unless I paid my current subscription I would not be able ot use software I ahd already paid for. Not happy.

Pros

There is support when things go wrong or I dont know how to do something

Cons

Its no easy to inutitively know how to do something.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

I already know how to use it

Barry from Refined Accounting

lot of problems in the initial set up with the online software shouldnt really have been put to market with so many issues

Pros

its ease of use and help you get from the handisoft office

Cons

The cost is very high and dislike how long it takes to get through to the help people bit silly

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Talking to the sales team - the price was huge I would not be using it if the price was not negotiated

Merrilyn from Merrilyn Robb

Small accounting practices- software review

Very good for what I use it for and would and have recommended it to small users like myself.

Pros

Ease of installation, use and updating of various packages. When I have found it necessary to contact Handisoft for assistance, the wait time is almost infinitessimal c.f. the ATO. The staff are generally very knowledgeable and able to help in a timely manner. They have also been polite and patient on the occasions I have rung the support line.

Cons

My biggest gripe is the editing of the financial and/ or auditing reports. Converting to Word without the right software can be a nightmare.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Recommendation from other sole trader accountants plus I had used Handisoft when working for another accountant on contract.

Kathryn from Con Galvin & Associates

You definitely want this program!

Handisoft is great to deal with. Any difficulties are dealt with quickly.

Pros

A quick and easy way to keep track of all your client's returns and documents. Handisoft makes it easy to find everything you need at a few clicks of a button. You can also keep all your practice records and documents filed in Doc Manager.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about Handisoft.

Henry from as above

Very good product and support

Pros

Maintained its original form with technical improvements without affecting much the user knowledge of the program, contrary to other software that changes its look and functionality just to sell a "new" product!

Cons

Not able to easy set up various reports.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Producing many updates without changing the form, the keys or the look

Melanie from MJJ Accounting and Business Solutions

Handisoft

Using the ledger and tax is easy and user friendly. As it is a desktop operation there is not an issue if the internet is down.

Pros

The main benefit of the software is the presentation of the Financials and the ease of use.

Cons

The feature that i least like is that the software is expensive to add on other modules when other provides are offering additional modules for free.

Michael from Michael J Povey

Long time user

Pros

Ease of use and software support. I like the ability to email support, rather than having to wait on the phone. Replies are always prompt and to the point.

Cons

None that I can think of. As a small practice would like the cost to represent the amount of use.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Recommendation from colleague and not much else to compare with.

Leann from PnL Accounting Services

A great, user friendly option for small practices

Pros

A great, user friendly option for small practices, the inital upfront cost of software was a lot less than similar products.

Cons

The handiledger product was a bit more less user friendly and could sometimes be frustrating when navigating reports.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Initial cost i.e. setup costs where a lot less expensive than MYOB AO

Roger from R L Butcher & Associates

best decision ever

I have used Handisoft in my practice and introduced it into other practices. One of the key features is the support offered. Never a long wait and the answers are a reflection of the ease of use of the products.

Pros

Easy to use very intuitive. Loved the seamless interaction of the modules.

Cons

There was nothing to dislike. the features all functioned well and seamlessly

DAVID from David M Fuller

MY EXPERIENCE

None

Pros

I have been using this product for nine year, I selected this product as it was simple and easy to use, it functioned similar the to doing things by hand.

Cons

Have not found anything yet.

Reasons for Choosing HandiSoft

Refer above, When I have had a problem the support staff resolved quickly and efficiently

Too complicated