All Xero Reviews

Karim

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

One stop Accounting solutions for Small to Medium organisations.

Happy

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The Xero Effect: Revolutionizing Accounting One Click at a Time

Xero stands out as a professional, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing accounting solution. While it may occasionally test your patience with its speed, the overall experience remains largely unaffected, leaving users with a feeling of satisfaction and relief.

PROS

I thought it was a simple step in and work type of software, easy to maneuver around and not get lost. Love the soft blue color as well, feel professional and relieving.

CONS

The online platform was slightly slow for, could be my connection maybe on this one.

Hannes

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

No After-sales Support - South Africa

The transition from Quickbooks to XERO took almost 3 months after which the system was not very user friendly at all. Getting a hold of somebody to help us was a nightmare, and the attitude of the support staff left a lot to be desired.

PROS

Financial reporting is good.Custom reports are good.

CONS

1. No after-sales support.2. No after-sales support.3. No after-sales support.4. No after-sales support.5. No automation with statements.6. No batch tracking7. No after-sales support.8. No after-sales support.9. No after-sales support.10. Not user-friendly for sales & administrative staff.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Because our accountant recommended XERO. I'm not proud that I approved the decision.

joel

Retail, 11-50 employees

Xero Recurring Bill Feature Review

PROS

The recurring bill feature of xero is very easy to setup. It has corresponding placeholders that enables you to customize references and other information needed to easily identify the entries. You can choose the status of the recurring bill as well (draft, awaiting approval, awaiting payment). The option to choose frequency, due date, and end date provide flexibility when you setup the recurring bill.

CONS

It is best to get someone who is an expert to setup xero and train the users so that you can deploy it immediately and accurately.

Peter

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Xero is made for accountants and not small business or tradies.

Xero is quick to reconcile but so are the other brand options. I am making a lot of money for my accountant because I always need to ring and get help.

PROS

Easy reconciliation but this is a feature of most brands now.

CONS

Reports are impossible to configure and source the data I need. The layout is poor and not user friendly. The technical terms used are common to accountants but make no sense to small business operators. The online help is useless and takes forever to get a response. Feature requests are ignored and not even responded to. There are other brands that offer a much easier user interface and at a fraction of the cost. I was forced into XERO as it was the only brand my accountant would support. I have to ring the accountants for help all the time who change a fortune for simple advice. Every feature I need is an extra add on charge. The remember me at login does not work and I have to waste time with 2 step login every time I leave the computer for 5 minutes. XERO does not work well on the tablet. The bank feeds do not deliver all the transaction data detail and its very difficult to identify some businesses. Memorizing transactions and splitting purchases is a real time-waster.

Reason for choosing Xero

I was forced to use it by my accountant who would not support the other brands.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Xero Deployment

In general, Xero is good cloud accounting solution which is many times easier to maintain than Sage.

PROS

The speed of setting up the company and linking the bank. The online banking we use is not the easiest however, Xero had this covered.

CONS

You cannot fully delete archived Invoices which can cause conflicts if you import old invoice numbers. We had a clash of new system and old invoice numbers and this caused problems with having to credit. It would have been easier if the invoice number could have just been edited.

Reasons for switching to Xero

The new job management software we deployed connected to Xero via an API.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Most suitable software for small to midsize organizations

I would rate it highest among similar software available in the market.

PROS

We are a large organisation but have acquired multiple other businesses so I got a chance to use Xero the best thing about Xero that other software does not have are: 1 - Can store and upload files by sending an email as well which not all software has. 2 - BAS reports in Australia can be quickly prepared and lodged from Xero to ATO (which saves a lot of time). 3 - Can customize most of the reports and this help support migrations from Xero to other software or vice versa.

CONS

Should expand their customer base to large organisations by allowing Fixed asset registers and more syncretization with third-party plugins or software.

1 employee

Seems Simple

Fantastic software and I've recommended it to many friends.

PROS

I'm not a figures person, but Xero really does make things simple.

CONS

Could be a bit cheaper, but that said it is a quality product.

Kristoffer

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Xero - industry standard

Its become part of the company. WIsh it was even better. Not much progress during last 5 years.

PROS

Its used by many, it has API to banks and is the industry norm

CONS

The customisation for each market is limited. Currencies is an expensive option.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Cost was lower than having full time bookkeeper

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Perfect for monthly invoicing

PROS

Reoccurring invoices and the simplicity of the program were essential factors to enhance our monthly invoice procedure and Xero delivered. Highly recommend

CONS

One of the things was that when attaching things you need to be extra sure you add them to the invoice so the client will see them.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Simple and easy

PROS

What i like most about using Xero is the simplistic layout and ease of use

CONS

I don’t have anything I like the least about Xero. It’s so simple to use

Gene

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Accounting Software Design for the Business Owner

Xero give me, an accountant, a tool to provide my clients with that effectively gives them a tool for keeping their daily records in an orderly fashion make my job easier at the end of each month.

PROS

Xero have been designed to be used by non-account business folks. However, once the data has been listed an accountant has a great tool to use to finish the company financial records (Monthly, Quarterly & Annually). It is also priced at a rate that works for most business owners.

CONS

I really do not know of any areas within the software that I can list as "Least" liked. I do not know of any significant problems which I believe need correcting.

Reason for choosing Xero

Because of its design for the business owner.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I found Xero to be better designed for the average business owner at a lower rate.

Sibylle

Financial Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

My investment in Xero didn't work out

I became Xero certified in 2016, I was very enthusiastic about the product at the time, and thought I would be building a practice using it. Unfortunately, the more I used it, the less well it worked for me, due to the reasons given above and more. I also find the Xero portal for practitioners unnecessarily complex and difficult to navigate. The company was always also assigning new account managers to me. I think I've met four or five in total. Xero frequently asked me for feedback and I provided it several times, especially about my discontent with their reconciliation process, which I consider inadequate to my needs as a professional bookkeeper, and which I had seen cause significant problems for business owners trying to maintain their own file. Though I repeated this feedback over the course of several years, it hasn't changed. I realize I'm just one customer, and I don't know if others feel the same way or not. Anyway, in the end, I didn't want to work with this issue anymore.

PROS

Transaction processing in the bank feed is, as they claim, very well set up. At the time I started using Xero, the company also seemed to provide some needed competition and an alternative to intuit in the small business accounting software space.

CONS

The other accounting software apps I use are QBO and Wave. Both, IMO, are better than Xero. Back to the bank feed -- Xero is unable to connect with a number of banks. In addition, the bank feed sometimes drops out transactions with no notice to the file owner or bookkeeper. Thanks to the lack of a reconciliation process tied to hard numbers, inaccuracies can pile up in the registers as a result. In addition, overall access to data in the registers is more awkward to accomplish than in either QBO or Wave. Editing transactions is significantly more complex than in QBO. The system of comparison between the "bank statement lines" and the account register was confusing at times. And there are odd glitches in the reporting (cannot recall all the details now, I only have one client left using this app) that I had to watch out for. Xero is a product that has some really amazing capabilities mixed in with real weaknesses.

See above.

Reasons for switching to Xero

At the time, Xero looked better. Over time, QBO caught up and now surpasses Xero in quality, IMO.

Monika

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Xero for Business

I am happy, can be connected with my clients all the time, can prepare reports anywhere, anytime. I think the price for South Africa is a bit high

PROS

I like the product is easy to use, no need high knowledge of accounting, the person who never was doing accounting can easily manage this product

CONS

there is still missing a few things as inventory shall be a bit changed as people with two inventories in different places can not have two storages, there are few things that missing and can make it easier to work with

more user friendly I think

Reasons for switching to Xero

the cloud, it is an advantage to be cloud due to my work I am travelling a lot and if client need help can do it on the move

Iain

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Very different to Sage 50

We moved from Sage line 50 to Xero, this has mainly been a positive experience. From our day-to-day usage, sending invoices, chasing debt, bank reconciliation it is very easy to use. Our accountant set up Dext to import receipts and expenses which means we spend much less time with data entry now and we are much more paperless than we were. The key driver for us was to work in a cloud based system that would integrate with other business management systems and Xero kept coming up as the one that plays nicely with lots of other services. Our managment accountant has taken a lot more convincing as the web-based interface can be a little more clumsy in some 'pure-accountancy' areas and getting the chart of accounts nicely presented has taken a bit of effort. Generally we're really happy with Xero and are also happy with the split that the CRM/MRP/ERP system is supported by that vendor leaving the accountancy to the accountancy experts.

PROS

Ease of use from a day-to-day perspective for a non accountant and integration with other cloud software such as Dext and Flowlens

CONS

We have had a couple of glitches where bank feeds have stopped working for periods of time, manual import of bank statements can take a few attempts to get right.

Reason for choosing Xero

Ease of use, Established brand, Integrated Payroll, migration support, ongoing cost

Compatibility with CRM/ERP, Cloud system

Mahnaz

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Xero use in a School

Reconciliations are so much easier, integrating with other products is so much easier, there are so many apps which can easily integrate into Xero.

PROS

Xero is very easy to navigate around and is user friendly. Even a non-finance employee is able to use Xero. The product is able to integrate seamlessly with a school management system importing invoices and contacts which are managed in the school management system. The integration is almost automatic and does not require a user to sync. AMAZING PLATFORM!

CONS

Nil - Honestly there is nothing I dislike about Xero.

Reason for choosing Xero

Integration, Ease of use, ease of navigation, reporting

Reasons for switching to Xero

MYOB was not able to integrate with a school management system.

Elena

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Xero has helped us transform and streamline our processes

Xero has streamlined our operations, and simplified our record keeping, and notification of when bills are due for payment or invoices due for collection. The dashboard is fantastic for an overall picture. The reporting tools are excellent, and the ease of use is so logical and straightforward, that it's simple l to self-teach even for a beginner. On top of that when you have any questions the how-to guides are thorough in themselves, and support is excellent and very quick to come back to you with an in depth answer.

PROS

The ease of use is fantastic, and a beginner is able to self-teach quite easily with the fantastic guides and webinars that are available from Xero. The support is also exceptional and I have always had my queries answered in great detail and very quickly.

CONS

My main issue was that I would like to be able to create different delivery addresses on invoices that have one invoice address but different delivery locations, as it's important to specify. To workaround we write it in the body of the invoice, however with previous systems we have been able to enter multiple delivery addresses, for one invoice address and select the required one each time.

Reason for choosing Xero

We watched several comparison videos but it was the ease of use that sold us. I had used Sage and Zoho books in the past and knew that I didn't want to use either of them again, and I was so pleased that we chose Xero as has been fantastic for us.

Faisal Shafi