15Five

15Five Reviews

• icon"It's a great tool to set and share your goals and productivity progress. Sharing high 5's can be fun too."
  • icon"I really appreciate the reminders to complete my weekly analysis. The tips that guide you in the software are a nice touch."
  • icon"15five has a lot of what we are looking for in creating a high morale workforce. Custom integrations with an API is a big bonus for me."
  • icon"As an employee that used this, it made the Boss/Employee relationship awkward."
  • icon"15Five alone makes this platform entirely amiable in all perspectives. I can't see any part of this platform that made me dislike any features."
  • icon"Where there is options to compare the data from other coworkers to see if we are having the same problems."

Browse all 15Five Reviews

• Have you used 15Five and would like to share your experience with others?

Anna

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Great Product for List-Making and Written Feedback

Kira

Amazing Insight

Emplify's customer support is top-notch. They are very responsive to any questions or requests for help. I have very much enjoyed partnering with Emplify on our company's journey to improve our employee engagement!

Pros

Using Emplify has changed our company for the better. We are now able, thanks to Emplify, to track detailed data on how our associates are feeling about their work. We then use this data to help improve the work experience for all of our associates, particularly teams who need extra help. Emplify enables us to put data around something that leaders may feel, but can't really identify. Taking these "feelings" and putting them into actionable data, which is something Emplify helps with significantly via the engagement dashboard, has been huge for our company. The dashboard that displays data is very easy to use and understand and contains a lot of meaningful visual elements that are easy to drop into presentations for C-level and board members. Emplify's software is extremely easy to use from an admin perspective, and the survey process is very easy and painless for associates. It takes 5-6 minutes 4 times each year. The data we get from that small investment of associate time is invaluable. We have decreased regrettable turnover and have seen an increase in topline revenue since using the Emplify product.

Cons

I struggle to come up with things that I dislike about Emplify. It is incredibly easy to use and has made a huge difference for our company.

Proven to help improve team performance and growth at 3 companies!

My first experience was as a user and I remember getting the invitation to join and I was like, "Great, another HR tool." Once I got in there and learned about the 15Five mantra, I immediately loved it and started to take over ownership and expanding it throughout every organization I have worked at since. As in my Pros section, I have seen every team that adopts 15Five grow from the individual and up.

Pros

The "annual review" and the like are very invaluable to the individual and become an exercise in repetition. 15Five takes what that same concept tries to accomplish and incorporates it into smaller, admin defined spans. With each [bi]weekly 15Five, the Team can focus on their priorities and align them with the overarching objectives/goals (individual, department, and/or company-wide). As a result, the growth path is managed at early stages and progress is recorded throughout the process to document each team member. I have used 15Five at 3 companies and have seen my teams improve within a short period each time. It does take effort but once it becomes the norm, progress just starts running!

Cons

There are always going to be features that are wanted and/or desired in any software. 15Five has a lot right out of the gate with a lot of the features I would have liked to see now in production and currently getting worked into my setup. I honestly don't have anything negative regarding 15Five as a software nor as a company.

Reasons for choosing 15Five

BambooHR is a great tool for HR but their review tools are the same old annual review and goals that don't get to the granularity that 15Five does. This is where the magic happens.

Lala

15Five

Pros

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about 15Five. We are using NetSuite for Employee Feedback and goal settings. It is really nice and user-friendly.

Tiffany

Easy to Manage Performance and Review Goals With 15Five

Our company and teams are very satisfied with 15Five!

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use for all types of teams within a company. We were able to integrate it with no complications. The check-ins are a great feature that ensure the right priorities are being focused on.

Cons

There are a lot of features within 15Five that I do not think we're taking full advantage of as a company! The interface does not make these additional features very prominent so you do have to spend some time to poke around to see what other features there are that may be useful to your team or company.

Lowell

10 pre-paid months remaining with zero refund option

Pros

Seemed ok with a lot of Shiny Objects but proved to be useless over the first month.

Cons

Very repetitive triggers that you could easily set up in Slack, etc.

Reasons for choosing 15Five

Previous CEO was sold into a yearly plan but we quickly realized this was a poor purchase and asked for a refund of the pre-paid months (which was a no)

El

15Five is 15% of what I need and five times more annoying

Pros

I like that my managers can respond privately to my comments.

Cons

I personally find the software very clunky. It's not user friendly, and I find it difficult to mark objectives as done. I've also had check ins moved to previous weeks (and I haven't found a way to delete them). I'm not a fan.

Mickey

Great HR tracking tool

Pros

Process tracking has becoming incredibly easy through 15Five, especially when working in a remote environment. The numerous functions and modes that are offered allows for more precise tracking and identify potential bottlenecks.

Cons

"Vacation Mode" can only be turned off company wide and not for specific users. This makes it very difficult to run trials with new software by separate teams within the company. The limiting factor here has stopped us from rolling out "Weekly Check-Ins" throughout the rest of the company.

Jacob

June 2022

You Don't Know You Need It. But You Do.

15Five has been a benefit to the culture of our team and leadership development. However, because of the cost, we frequently find ourselves asking if it is still worth it.

Pros

15Five is a compelling tool that bundles individual performance measurement assessment with team-wide positive feedback. It makes it easier to build healthy rhythms and checkpoints into the culture of your team.

Cons

15Five is on the expensive side, especially when you consider how many organizations are now repurposing free or low-cost project management software to measure employee performance.

Reasons for switching to 15Five

We used to have employees send a weekly email with a spreadsheet attached. In that spreadsheet they would answer questions about their work/performance/growth that week. (As you can tell, this process was extremely clunky. 15Five is a night-and-day difference.)

June 2022

Easiest solution for employee feedback

Pros

The system of 15Five encourages users to give high fives to colleagues, which allows a positive atmosphere around employees & managers.

Cons

It's somewhat irritating to me the way that we needed to define up our objectives in the event that the objectives were connected to a bigger objective for my chief or my supervisor's chief.

Reasons for switching to 15Five

More possibilities for challenges, reviews and feedback cycles.

Becky

August 2022

A useful employee feedback platform

Pros

It provides a loose structure to have a quick check in with employees/managers, without having to meet face to face if schedules don't align. It has multiple ways of using it, depending on how much each inidiviual wants to utilize it's capabilities

Cons

It's only useful if both parties use it. If an employee posts comments, but the Manager doesn't check it, then it's essentially a wasted exercise. It needs complete buy-in from all parties

August 2022

Easy to use- haven't tried other systems

Only takes a few minutes to review your work week and see how your goals are going.

Pros

We integrate it with slack to give praise to other employees. I think that is fun and helps to more casually encourage each other.

Cons

I don't have cons but I haven't used any competitors.

Patrick

15Five is a Great Tool for Performance Reviews and Keeping in Contact with Your Team

15Five is as effective as you implement it. With proper implementation, it can be a fantastic tool for team morale and performance reviews.

Pros

There are many customization options like changing the due dates, editing and adding questions, and different ways to track goals. Goals are extremely flexible with how they can be set up.

Cons

Navigation on the site as a user can be difficult since many pages are hidden from you. This forces you to find certain pages in odd ways.

15Five for private 1:1 agendas and action items

Pros

We use 15Five primarily for private 1:1 agendas and action items. For this purpose, it is great. Super user-friendly and simple to set up and maintain.

Cons

You are unable to edit a past 1:1. This comes in to play when it was "automatically" closed, you can't go in and edit the date. But, you can delete it, and create another manual one. Just a minor inconvenience.

Great team management software

Pros

Great to keep team working together and being on top of the most important tasks first. Keeps track of the questions that come up during the week so that we can have more meaningful questions for managers. Great customer service.

Cons

Takes a little longer to learn. Needs flexibility to create custom reports.

December 2021

Very useful tool for perfomance reviews and weekly 1-on-1s

Pros

I like the reminders about my 1-on-1s and the detailed performance review. The performance review really made me dig deeper into my time at the company and encompassing all of my progress in one place. It was slightly challenging to compose my progress into one place but totally worth it!

Cons

The "to do" reminders are a little anxiety inducing but that's just because we report this information through ClickUp and it is just another place to put this information at. Although, that is an organization based issue.

Nicole

15Five for Cross-Collaboration

Great experience with the product, but we ended up getting rid of the product because it wasn't something we were "living" in at all points of the week. Team members were struggling to input their updates and we found an easier way with a product we already had.

Pros

Thoroughly enjoy being able to provide feedback and updates within the product. It helps my manager and team see what is on my plate and if I have any capacity to help them with additional projects.

Cons

Integration, in order for me to use this product at it's highest capacity; it needs to integrate into tools that I'm already using. AKA slack and jira.

15Five keeps personal goals in focus

I love it. I am still in the works of getting the most out of it, would love it even more if it had a percentage calculator for the objectives. That would save me some time. A training section would be very beneficial for people that have not OKR's before. It would save many headackes.

Pros

15five is simple and easy to manage. Through time it has helped me realize how a treat my goals, and no surprise turns out I plan a lot and achieve little due to the fact that I get distracted with other goals along the way and forget the base ones. 15five allows me to see that by the end of each week, so now I plan less but stick to the goals that matter. I love the "High Fives" as I can congratulate team mates that helped me along the week. I also get high fives and get a sense to whom and what department my work is having the best impact, and which are not.

Cons

It does not have a statistical feature for the goals, so I use spread sheets to calculate goals that require a percentage. ANd most goals do if I want to have a sense of how much I have covered (20%, 33,54% etc.). So it still requires external tools to complete a report. A percentage calculator would be an easy thing to implement. I just found out that there is a vacation feature. But it was really buried in the configuration pannel, I would expect to see it on a more relevant section, like the main navigation top bar. OKR training for customers. I have seen a couple of blog posts, but not a training section that resembles more a mini course. Success stories using OKR's from customers would be awesome as well.

Caleb

15Five - A Great Way to Collect Feedback

Pros

I did like 15Five in the sense that it gave us a voice to the org as a startup. It helped us pivot when the employee count was a bit lower because the org could voice their opinion weekly.

Cons

Sometimes it can feel like an extra task, but if used properly it will do some good to get feedback to the leadership of your company.

Shane

July 2016

15Five completely changed the way we lead our team

I signed my team up for 15Five some time ago, hoping that this software would somehow tell me the questions I needed to ask to help them grow. When we first started our journey, the suggested questions quickly ran out, though! This was actually a great thing, as I could see the potential value, but now I needed to develop my own questions. This has been a MASSIVE recognition - software can't tell me what to ask my team, but it sure can help me create a culture with my own questions! We use 15Five to manage a nationally-disbursed Field Team of 27 associates, and routinely have extremely high satisfaction within the team. Just last week, I sent out a survey to the team to rate their managers on 8 key indicators (including 15Five interactions) - the result was a 97% favorable rating across all 8 KPIs. There's a lot that goes into that high rating, but 15Five is the glue that holds us together!

Pros

- It's easy to use week-to-week and serves are our "meeting space" - The use of "repeatable questions" has allowed my team to evolve from conventional performance management solutions to an ongoing discussion of each associates performance - The visuals in the Dashboards allow me to display to the rest of the organization how my team is trending and continues to get the chatter going with other teams who don't (yet) use 15Five - The OKR feature allows us to coach our team on ensuring that they are trending well towards both their professional and personal goals

Cons

- I still struggle with the Question Queue, but have developed my own work-around to deal with that - I wish that associates were not allowed to see other responses before submitting their own each week. There are some on my team that seem to look at other responses before submitting their own - Associates should not be able to submit their responses before a pre-set date. My team is supposed to submit on Monday mornings. We are trying to drive a culture of reflection on Monday's before starting the week, but often they submit early (like on the weekend) - which has caused issues of them submitting before new questions rolled in.

Nik

Industry: Dairy

15Five - User, Reporting & Management Perspectives

User: A quick and easy way to provide feedback to management. Reporting: Easy to generate reports that clearly show how staff are feeling, and who is making a difference for other staff. Management: Productivity is linked to how staff are feeling, and 15Five quickly and regularly captures this information. This allows us to address any issues before they become a big problem and cost us too much in lost productivity. Also finding time to sit down with every staff member every week to get their feedback is nearly impossible. 15Five solves this problem by being online and therefore able to be completed and reviewed from anywhere and at any time.

Pros

User: A great tool for giving a quick update on my tasks and projects at the end of each week. Its like a log of my activity, challenges, decisions and outcomes. It is also a good place to raise any concerns & issues. Being online means I can complete my weekly update from anywhere, and at any time. Reporting: The API is brilliant. We have used the API to generate our own reports for senior management and staff that track how we are feeling as a company, the 'High Fives', and how everyone is going with their weekly 15Five feedback. Management: Senior management can quickly get an indication of how all staff are feeling, how all staff are getting on with their work, and who is making a difference for other staff. It also makes it easy to get regular feedback, and that feedback was very useful for annual reviews.

Cons

User: The software is very good at 'one-on-one' feedback, but most of us work as part of a team and this is perhaps one area that 15Five could develop further. Reporting: Would be useful to have Tags that we can assign for tasks and projects so that we can link them with our timesheet software to capture effort etc. Management: Would be useful to have sentiment analysis for comments on tasks and projects so that we could quickly identify strongly negative and positive comments.

Andy

Industry: Security and Investigations

Why you need to consider 15Five

I've worked for companies that had millions of dollars in revenue and companies that boasted many billions in revenue and both size orgs and every others that fall somewhere in between could find value in implementing this tool. The key is to use it consistently and be willing to objectively accept, analyze and use the data that is returned.

Pros

I'm in the 30th year of my working life and career and have been fortunate to have seen a lot tools that center around the human resources arena. There are a lot of good ones out there and I've used many of them with success. But there is something different about 15Five. This tool gives you the right-size touch points to measure your team's temperature all along the way. Too many companies rely on annual reviews, or semi-annual if they are proactive to gauge their employee's mindset and solicit feedback. Two days out of the year doesn't come close to providing meaningful data. 15Five offers up a non-threatening way to check-in with your team and make sure everyone is in the game. There have been times where the 1-5 scale for "how did the week go" produced a "3" response. It presented the opportunity to ask the right questions and correct any challenges within a 5-day timeframe instead of the traditional 6-month interval. In some instances, the lower rating was based on factors outside of work which is helpful to know as well because home and work life always comingle despite our best efforts to separate the two. All-in-all... an extremely valuable tool.

Cons

Perhaps a few more analytics for managers to check into but nothing that takes away from the overall value of the tool.

From an HR Professional; this is the most powerful and easy to use tool I have ever seen in business

We monitor and manage our whole team using the software. Major objectives to weekly check in. It is our #1 people tool.

Pros

Super easy to use - no 'training' necessary (even though it is available). Get's the team to think every week about what's important, how they can be intentional with their time, what they want to achieve and how to bring ideas to the table. The performance management software takes conversations to where they should be - improving the working life of employees. It's development focussed and doesn't take long to do. The new homepage allows each team member to use the product daily to stay on top of what's important. We use the rating out of 5 each week as a key company metric to get a sense of how our team are feeling about work.

Cons

We recently engaged a points based recognition program which I fear will replace the high5's. I'm wondering if this could be integrated somehow as the high5's were a real motivator for the team. From what I can tell, there is no analysis tool at the end of a review period to analyse the 'manager only' data so see what ratings were provided across the board. It would be great to use a talent rating in the system too which showed where our high performers were.

Mike

July 2016

15Five is a great resource to promote employee engagement

One of my first questions in my 15Five, which I still see on occasion is a three part question. What are you proud of this week? What are you stressed about? What can we do to relieve these stresses? I always have something I'm proud of. For me, the challenges come from what am I stressed about. I introduced my newest management to a typical day for me, and she felt there were many times I should be stressed. She helped me to find those portions of my day, and take on some of the extra responsibilities so I was working at the same level of efficiency throughout the whole day. To be specific, she took on some of my start of shift responsibilities, as I am limited to how long I have to prepare. Also, she took on some of my preparation for on boarding the new hires I receive. And lastly, she rescheduled some of my pickups that were always coming at the same time at my end of shift when I was trying to multi task and finish our data input. I was working through all these challenges and not even realizing that I didn't have to until I had 15Five to effectively communicate where I could use an extra hand.

Pros

Everything. It has improved our open door policy by giving us another outlet for effective feedback. Also, the 15Five team is always looking towards improvements; inspiring to see that.

Cons

It took longer for me to learn how to use it effectively. That was my own personal struggle. When presented with this service, I just wanted to hurry up, fill it out and get through it. I now know how to manage my time, fill it out a little bit here and there so I am not rushing to finish it at the end of the week. Maybe a stronger emphasis on filling it out little by little thru the week so the client isn't doing what I was doing at first and rushing to finish it with out providing efficient responses to the questions.

Christie

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Outstanding experience in every aspect of the products, services and results.

Improved employee engagement!

Pros

The software used as the foundation for creating and designing our own employee communication app is extremely user friendly. The content is robust, engaging (almost addicting over time) and has become the hub of all things "employee" at our company. The always accessible customer support is incredibly knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to allow us to do what we want to do with the app. The engagement survey software requires very little effort on our part. Emplify does everything except create the list of employees. The results are available within 10 days and are very detailed. We have been able to clearly understand our strengths and opportunities for improvement and make measurable improvements with the guidance and counseling of the professionals at Emplify who specialize in interpreting the results. We are making progress in improving the level of engagement in our organization as a direct result of both the engagement survey and the app. This has been an outstanding partnership that we see continuing long term.

Cons

I have very few concerns about this software and the couple that I had, they are making changes to address. I am not a technical person, but have been successful in using the Emplify products.