All AdvancedMD Billing Services Reviews

Manik

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great Product with One stop Solution ( EMR/PM/Reports/Interfaces/Integration/Open Edge)

I am using this system for 18 years now. All our clients using AdvancedMD and they simply love it. One word to make the client happy - Choose "AdvancedMD" .

PROS

One stop solution helped us tremendously to improve our work flow. Reporting is phenomenal - You can do whatever you wanted to to build your customized reports. Easy to learn and easy to implement.

CONS

Add on modules shouldn't cost separate. You should have one module which should have A-Z features.

Reasons for switching to AdvancedMD Billing Services

For better outcomes, better software (user friendly and customer support); Transparency in the pricing.

Lois

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Review of AdvancedMD

We have been very pleased with AdvancedMD. The support contacts are easily accessible and provide assistance until the issue is resolved. The support team have always been courteous and professional. I am happy that AdvancedMD was chosen and it has proven to be a wonderful system for both practice management and EHR.

PROS

When our office began the process of implementing EHR, we reviewed multiple systems, narrowed it down to the top three, and then had demonstrations. AdvancedMD came out on the top due to the ability to customize documents for the chart and also text documents. We are able to run reports from the information that we have "customized" into the chart notes, which has been extremely valuable. The AdvancedInsight feature has also been very helpful in generating reports customized to specific needs that we have.

CONS

The prescription feature could be improved upon. Providers would like to select multiple prescriptions and send refill with one click. Our clinic has multiple services offered and we would love to see additional options with the scheduling feature so that a "block" of different services could be scheduled at one time.

Reason for choosing AdvancedMD Billing Services

The ability to customize the chart note and make more user-friendly for the providers was a real advantage.

Linda

Reviewed June 2021

The service would be good if they could make it faster

I am planning on changing but put it off for 2020 and 2021.

PROS

This PM system is easy to use. There are some good features like eligibility check and the layout of the daily schedule. When you do get a support person they are usually good and not outsourced.

CONS

The system is so very slow. On the weekends it is impossible to work at all as they must slow down the servers even more. There is no function to auto send an email as a bill directly to the patient. You have to use their credit card company and machine to use the patient portal for payments. The PM does not directly connect to Fl Shots. Every extra module is an extra cost. Most of the hold time for support is very long.

Reasons for switching to AdvancedMD Billing Services

I thought we could do better

Erin

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Advanced MD

We have been on this system since 1/2013. The conversion went fairly well. Since we are a very large practice with 24+ physicians and 16 locations, we understand we want/need some very specific reports. We have been able to figure out most of them with a variety of report types. I partake in the Product Advisory Group where we can voice suggestions for improvement and get to add feedback on future upgrades, etc. Compared to the system that we had converted from, this was a dream!

PROS

Has an easy to use, ad hoc reporting system to pull quick reports from Flex Reports. Training videos available at all times as well as the system user manual. System interfaces with our EHR system so charge entry is no longer a manual process.

CONS

The payment posting for insurance companies is not user friendly and needs an overhaul. But much better than our previous system. Lack of ability to effectively track prior authorization use but they are working on an enhancement. Payment plans for patients for balances on accounts is non-existent. Upgrade for custom reports writer is not user friendly.

Reason for choosing AdvancedMD Billing Services

This system already had a working interface with our EHR system which was not an Advanced MD product.

Reasons for switching to AdvancedMD Billing Services

System not able to process anything for EHR charges or upgraded needs.

Bryan

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

I am very impressed with AdvancedMD. They have thought of almost everything!

Efficiency and a more intelligent workflow.

PROS

The workflow makes a lot of sense. As a mid-sized billing service, I love the CBO Option. This allows us to work across all of our clients' databases at once, without having to log in-and-out of individual databases. This has greatly improved our efficiency! I also love the fact that AdvancedMD reviews our claims before they go out the door using professional claims review software. This software anticipates any potential coding issues or other problems on the claim before they even go to the clearinghouse. This helps us reduce our denial rate. The denials module is great - it has streamlined our denials management process in that we no longer work from paper. We now work from intelligently-created queues. This is another HUGE time saver. The Collections Lists for working Accounts Receivable is also well thought-out. We used to have to run paper reports in our old system to work Accounts Receivable. We now create work lists for our collections team and assign various payers to these work lists. This not only helps our collectors work A/R more efficiently, but it helps our supervisors manage the A/R queues better. Lastly, I love the Statement Module for patient statements. It is so easy and effortless to do patient collections now. AdvancedMD can even be set up to write off accounts that need to go to the Collection Agency automatically, and prepare a file that can easily be transmitted to our third-party collection agency. Great software!

CONS

As a cloud-based product, it can be a little slow occasionally, but not excessively slow. There are a couple of other small things I wish the software did differently, but I has certainly has exceeded my expectations.

Barry

Reviewed September 2019

Advanced Patient

Fair. Needs improvement but it does the job

PROS

Totally integrated with AMD ehr. Portal works well if patients can get into it

CONS

Difficult sometimes to get into the portal. The patient has to have the exact name, email, and date of birth as the EHE system has. That seems easy but sometimes if there’s an initial or a name with an abbreviation or A hyphen patients can’t get into the portal

Reason for choosing AdvancedMD Billing Services

Chose this because it integrates fully with our computer system. Also the company that owns AMD also owns the EHR system.

Reasons for switching to AdvancedMD Billing Services

Inbox health was terrible although it’s concept was good. It did not integrate well into our computer EHR

Ashley

Reviewed May 2018

Very pleasant with few problems. No major complaints.

No major commitments, easy usage and all inclusive support.

PROS

I like how user-friendly the system is. Our clients are able to use the software with greatest of ease. I do enjoy the updates that are made frequently to add features that clients, such as myself, have suggested to AdvancedMD.

CONS

AdvancedMD has a decent reporting module, but can have an even more robust mechanism for additional fees. This is frustrating since the fee is a monthly fee per billable provider. So, for reporting that may not be day-to-day, the cost over shadows the benefits by a long shot.

Mike

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Always Happy with My Decision

I have been a using the AdvancedMD software for almost 4 years now. I have been very pleased from the start. I am a medical billing client so I have brought on several new clients and the onboarding process is made very easy with all of the support that is provided.

PROS

The software has all of the features necessary to process clean claims as well as keeping follow up in order when the insurance companies deny some of the claims.

CONS

The biggest drawback for me is the limited platform that the software can be used with.

Kerri

Reviewed December 2018

Quality Billing Software for Small Businesses

Overall, AdvancedMD is good software. It is a very useful software that is very affordable. Many small businesses that I know of use it and get the job done with ease and is a great resource for billing. I believe AdvancedMD is a software companies who do not have a large revenue should try for billing, it goes well with Practice Fusion.

PROS

AdvancedMD was easy to learn and very affordable. The training and customer service staff were friendly and ready to help at a drop of a dime. Even in instances where something was already taught they took care of covering the information quickly and effectively.

CONS

The reporting system can be a little difficult to figure out, yet once reports are run they do give the information needed to see where your money is lingering.

Cathy

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Great product. Very user friendly.

Better productivity

PROS

The Claims Center is an awesome feature. Scrubbing for various errors before claims are sent out. Also, easily determining if a claims batch failed during transmission.

CONS

I have no dislikes with this software. Perhaps there are some things which could be simplified; however no product is 100% perfect and AdvancedMD is constantly doing updates with improvements.

Rhonda

Reviewed October 2019

Not Satisfied

Livid

PROS

It seems to work very well Monday - Friday.

CONS

I work every weekend (Saturday & Sunday) posting charges for 5 Physicians. AdvancedMD Billing software is almost impossible to use on the weekends. It is slow, dragging, freezes up and kicks me out, so that I have to log back in. I have to give up trying to work every weekend (which REALLY throws me behind)! The Tech team is "working on" the problem, however it has gone on for over 2 years now. They are trying to say it is a problem with my computer, but if that were true, I would have those problems all of the time. It's just Saturday and Sunday, which says to me that AdvancedMD's system is running some sort of back-ups, and/or Maintenance that is causing the system to be virtually unusable on the weekends, but they will never admit that. Had we known in advance that this would be a problem, we never would have signed up to use AdvancedMD software.

Other Billing Software was no longer supported

Buffy

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

The only billing software that we use

I am happy with AMD, I have no reason to change.

PROS

AMD is very easy to use, customer service is top notch. I always try to move new clients over to Advanced MD.

CONS

At times, getting EDI agreements approved can be a little cumbersome, in dealing with this dept.

Started my own business.

Jaime

Reviewed May 2018

Software is great no matter if you are scheduling or billing or pulling reports.

PROS

You either have a great scheduling tool, or a great billing tool. Advanced MD has easy scheduling, and great billing tools. The reporting tool is great too.

CONS

I would like the ability to block or unblock, or schedule over a block to be managed so not just anyone can override.

Amanda

Reviewed March 2018

We have a great partnership spanning over 8 years.

PROS

We love the fact that everything is integrated into Practice Management. We don't have to use a bunch of other programs or separate clearinghouses.

CONS

Some of the reporting features confuse our clients. It would be helpful to have more reports that are sorted by deposit date.

Candy

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

I get answers and assistance on how to use AMD every time I call.

I am able to teach others how to use it and assist them with their practice needs.

PROS

I like the self help videos. It is handy when customer service is closed. Also, it allows me to learn the software more broadly. I really appreciate the great customer service.

CONS

It would be nice to be able to print out Carriers AR Details report that contains all charges. Example. I want a report to have all carriers that were billed to listed and I can choose a date range. I have printed the Carrier AR report and it did not contain all the carriers listed in the Carrier Summary report .

KRISTY

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2016

KRISTY BUNN'S OPINION

MOST MEDICAL OFFICES COLLECT DEDS AND COINSURANCES UP FRONT SO MONEY NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO VISITS AS SOON AS IT IS TAKEN NOT LEFT IN UNAPPLIED. END ON COLLECTION BALANCES SHOULD NOT HIDE FROM VIEW. SHOULD REMAIN ON PATIENT BALANCE WITHOUT HAVING TO VOID.

PROS

EASY TO LEARN

CONS

THE END OF COLLECTION PROCESS AND SOFTWARE IS SET UP FOR INSURANCE TO PAY AND THEN APPLY PAYMENTS WHEN MOST MEDICAL OFFICES COLLECT DEDS AND COINSURANCES UP FRONT.

Victoria

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

staying compliant with state and federal regulations

PROS

The tutorial software is educational and helpful.

CONS

No specific features for Podiatry Practice -

Kelly