All AvidXchange Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

AvidXchange Review

Reviewed September 2021

User friendly Accounts Payable Software that increases effiency

Overall, I really love AvidXchange and would definitely recommend it to different companies.

PROS

Really saved our company time by switching billing to electronic invoicing system.

CONS

AvidPay could take a long time, and unable to include both account number and invoice number on payment. The timing it takes to convert from VCC (Virtual Card) to Check could take up to 3 weeks which leads to late bills.

Jan-Pierre

Much Needed Platform!

PROS

I believe the user-friendliness and the weigh lifting it does on our Accounting department is what I most like about AvidXchange. It is easy to use and easy to navigate through the site. Also, the Avid Utilities feature is definitely a must have, that way you don't have to worry about getting late fees on your utility bills.

CONS

I don't have any cons at this moment. I believe in continuous improvement and finding new and better ways to make the product more valuable. I believe AvidXchange is doing a good job so far. One item that would be good to add is to provide more training support and to have a more broad communication to the people who have access, especially when the system is encountering technical issues.

Jeffrey

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Customer service is non-existent.

Pretty good but frustrating at times. If I were asked to keep Avid or switch to another company to outsource payments, I would probably advise that we should switch. We are relatively happy with Avid but could be happier elsewhere. I have used similar services from other companies in my career and Avid is not what I would consider "top tier".

PROS

I really like the ease in which payments can be made. The integration with NetSuite (which we use as well) is near perfect. We have everything we need to send our payment information to AVID and have the process begin. The avidxchange.com interface is also very easy to use and it is awesome that we get up to date status on each payment.

CONS

The customer service. I don't have an assigned contact for my team any longer so the only way to speak with someone is to send in an email and hope they get back to you. I need answers right away on issues involving payments and do not get this very often from AvidXchange. When we do get someone to help, they are usually very knowledgeable and end up solving our problems but the issue is getting someone to help. I feel it is an issue with the staffing level and not the actual customer service employees. Also, my team is CONSTANTLY having to send over copies of invoices because the companies don't recognize the payment being offered by Avid, even though the invoice number is listed on your remittance. The ability to not include any enclosures (tax forms, signed contracts, etc.) also hampers our usage of the product; we still have to run some checks manually and if we are doing so, why not just run ALL of our payments this way?

Briana

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

AvidXchange Review

PROS

Vendors no longer have to provide you with paper copies of invoices that get sent in, the vendors can send their own invoices in and they can be approved through the dashboard. AvidXchange allows our company to process payments easily and conveniently.

CONS

I do not really have any complaints about AvidXchange. I think that there could be improvements on the Dashboard, but not a complaint.

Ariela

Reviewed March 2024

I'm not a "tech" person and don't particularly like learning new programs and products. However, Avid was easy to learn and use. It is easy to search and find invoices, process them, keep track of payments. You can make comments, add extra files etc. It does everything we need it to do.

PROS

Easy to learn and use. I was brought on part-time to help the team and was able to learn the program within very little assistance. Everything is self-explanatory and easy to use.

CONS

I process invoices and have not found anything that I do not like about the program.

Jason

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

not recommended in its current format and capacity.

cold be a great program if it was used to its full potential and implemented properly and managed effectively.

PROS

ease of access to verify billing

CONS

poorly managed

Reasons for switching to AvidXchange

our current accountants use the system

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

An Efficient Invoicing Tool

Avid has been a solid tool for my company to make purchase orders and pay invoices.

PROS

It's relatively easy to use and I really like the comment feature that allows you to easily communicate with the next approvers in the workflow. This communication feature is especially helpful when you are working with people in other offices. The Avid processors are efficient at extracting data from invoices when they are sent in which saves data entry time.

CONS

Setup and implementation took longer than we would have liked and I personally don't like the interface that much. In addition I've experienced many times when the file was too large (above 5 MB?) for Avid to upload which was frustrating because expense reports often are large files.

Dana

Real Estate, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Easy to use but wish I had more access

PROS

The platform is easy to use and navigate. It isn't hard to search for what you need. The process of entering AP is easy.

CONS

I don't like that I have to email AP to be entered. I would prefer to be able to upload it myself and have it readily available. Or, at least have the option to upload AP directly to Avid when it is urgent. I don't have as much access in Avid as I do other AP platforms and it can be frustrating when I have to change something on an invoice. For example, if the amount was entered incorrectly, I have to comment to have someone change it, instead of being able to change it myself at that moment.

Natasha

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Ease of Avid use

PROS

The ability to set up workflows for other departments to manage their invoices, attach any receipts that need to be attached. If it is a invoice that is accruing, having the project codes already input saves time.

CONS

When entering a new supplier, we first need to enter into another tool, Blackbaud to create user, then recreate again in avid. Would be helpful to have the partnership between the two.

Dale

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Full Featured Software

PROS

Tracks everything in one place. Need a receipt? It's there. Wondering how much staff spent on travel? Its there. Did you pay that invoice? Find out.

CONS

Like any new system, it takes a little while to get over the learning curve.

Catherine

Broadcast Media, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2021

AvidXchange

I have been very happy with the product. It provides the options that we were looking for when considering purchase. We only utilize the purchasing, reports, and PO function. When choosing a product we were looking for something that could integrate with Microsoft GP. We did customize a number of things to fit our business and everyone at AvidXchange were great while working thru the process.

PROS

AvidXchange has helped streamline our invoice processing; to eliminate paper, and approval routing time. It provides the approving team access to see where it is in the approval/payment process and see payment information. By providing this information at their fingertips it saves us from receiving emails/phone calls looking for basic information. Overall the departments that use the system are very happy with having access to their invoices in one place.

CONS

The reporting system is cumbersome. I would like a report that would let me customize the detail I am looking for.

Shahla

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

AvidXchange review

PROS

very user friendly and accurate accounting software for processing invoices-

Greg

Reviewed February 2023

Improve Efficiency

Very positive. Extremely satisfied with the implementation

PROS

Gives our clients full transparency of the invoice approval process.

CONS

Difficult to customize. Wish we had more input for improvements.

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

AvidPay a no brainer

Experience is great. At first I was skeptical, wondering if it was too good to be true or if our vendors wouldn't like receiving their payments via Avid. All those concerns have been put to rest. AvidPay really works and I've had no complaints from vendors. I think what makes it work is that Avid makes a transaction fee when vendors choose to receive payments by faster means like ACH or virtual credit card.

PROS

At a net savings, AvidPay enabled us to eliminate our check cutting process, provided our vendors convenient options to receive our payments, and decreased several security risks in our payment process.

CONS

Each month I pull a report off the Avid platform to confirm payments made have been received by our vendors. The report task a while to load, maybe 15 seconds? The bank statement looks a little different with the transaction description, but all the information is there to reconcile statements.

Al

Reviewed April 2022

Great Product. Great Choice

Extremely easy implementation and great customer service. The team will listen to any issues or needs we have and get them implemented as quickly as possible. I enjoy the teams we work with. Payments out to vendors have been expedited 5 fold and payments are easily able to be tracked in a multi-step internal process.

PROS

The eas of use and and turn around time for processing invoices and payments.

CONS

There are still some reporting features that are missing as well as the visibility in the accounting aspect is lacking.

Reason for choosing AvidXchange

The cost and time frame for implementation.

Carolmarie

Review of Avid xchange

Easy to use, but poor customer support. Cannot call anyone; only accept e-mail and response time is poor....several days later impacting timing of month ends, payments to vendors, etc. late fees incurred, etc.

PROS

It is easy to use once the invoices make it to your que

CONS

Experience has been poor customer support. Often invoices scanned to avid are sent to "research" for no reason other than person was too lazy to figure it out.

Amber

Reviewed January 2024

Not a big fan of Avid Pay

I do not like Avid Pay. One vendor called them and tried to change payment methods and Avid Pay customer support told them they should be charging us 5% more on invoices to make up for the usage fee from them.

PROS

Avid Pay is easy to use to pay vendors.

CONS

Majority of the time payments are not processed in a timely manner and vendors are constantly calling asking where their payment is.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

My Thoughts on Avid

Good

PROS

Easy to process invoices, and it is a well know software. Avid Community is a huge plus since it has been implemented.

CONS

Sometimes it can take a while to get a response when a ticket is put into Avid. In General Avid Utility is really difficult to use and can be very slow in the afternoon and evening.

Reason for choosing AvidXchange

Avid is they system we have now, and it familiar and it works.

Candace