Deltek Ajera Reviews

3.71 / 5 (39)

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "I like that you can assign team members to different tasks. "

• "Supports "multi-company", but creates a rats nest of transactions that will cripple your accounting team "

• "Project Management and Scheduling are great. Our project managers love the system. Scheduling is a real plus."

• "Staff is very professional and knowledgeable. They are always pleasant to speak to."

• Cons

• "We have many companies and unfortunately they don't have an easy way to go from one to the next. Have to keep logging in and out."

• "I would love to see it enhanced to have the ability archive closed projects to allow for less data to process through."

• "limited ability to "slice-and-dice" data for reports. limited to 5 tag fields for reporting."

• "Financial Reporting. P&L statements are always off. We had to run two sets of books parallel in order to have correct financial reporting."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 39 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Jenny from Fast + Epp

Deltek Ajera - Constitution Review

I would say if you know how to use Ajera, you will be really benefit from it because it is a magic tool with some limitation. Learning curve is there, but it is well worth the time to learn how the system works correctly.

Pros

Ajera not only can help to create tools for you to manage the projects well from tracking the budget hours, the worked hours, the project costs, forecasting the project probabilities, scheduling, etc. which the Ajera salespersons are mainly focused on (it is true), but also you could create a lot of additional reports - i.e. Forecasting the workloads for next few years which will provide the data to support HR making hiring decisions, the revenue projections, and the revenue capacity with the employees you have, etc. Even more, you could create the user-friendly accounting functions in Ajera to make the accounting side move efficiently than using the accounting software - i.e. Simply Accounting, Quick Books

Cons

1. Add more import options will be great especially if we could create the custom forms to submit the data to the fields including the custom fields in Ajera.
2. Allow the Vendor Invoices to be submitted by the vendor to the client side Ajera directly especially for the architecture firms
3. Allow sharing some info from Ajera to the company website

Melissa from Operations Made Easy LLC

Ajera provides simple timekeeping when billable vs. unbillable is important.

I use Ajera for timekeeping for an engineering client. We create the projects from an admin level and can assign certain things to certain staff members. It allows for them to view their accrual pay, and the submittal for approval process is as easy as can be. Our supervisors get automatic emails to approve time sheets, and rarely do we have to ask staff to make changes because the format allows for such easy time entry to projects and overhead or otherwise. Ajera is a good option for timekeeping in the instance you need to bill your time to specific projects. I would recommend Ajera specifically for engineering firms, and any other organization that does project based accounting.

Pros

I like the ease of use for our staff. It is easy for them to find the appropriate project they are working on to code their time accordingly. Additionally, it is easy for them to bill to Holiday, Sick, or overhead as necessary. Once in the timekeeping window, the search feature works great whether you are searching by project titles or numbers, so we rarely have to intervene to help people with their timesheets.

Cons

There seem to be a couple steps to just get to the timekeeping window. Needs simplification - maybe it's the first window that pops up so that staff doesn't have to use a drop down for the timesheet.

Akbar from KMBR ARchitects Planners Inc,

life saving ie work life balance

work life balance

Pros

saved time and was able to generate different report for Project managers and Principal. Also it was a easy transfer of data.Setting up project numbers and task numbers for each project so you can bill time to each project. You can then easily track costs.
You can easily create customizable reports to show what data you want to capture in an easily readable format for you to read and compare.
Time sheets are easy to enter for each employee as long as the project numbers, over head numbers, etc., are entered.
Expense sheets are easy to enter as long as project number, over head numbers, etc., are entered.

Cons

based on cloud, sometime freezes, also don't know if it follow the Privacy act. The user interface for time sheets could be more user-friendly.
The user interface for expense sheets could be more user-friendly.

Sara from Providence Engineering Corporation

Great Software for a Small AE Firm

Pros

The widgets are my favorite feature of Ajera. They allow the company to decide how to present information to the users in graphs and charts. Timesheets and expense reports can be submitted on the employee's phone. The Project Command Center is a one stop shop for managing your project. I also love how the Deltek Ajera employees are always willing to help and listen to our ideas. I have seen many things we requested occur in updates.

Cons

I do not have complaints about the software. I will warn that sometimes after major updates there are glitches. However, every software that is constantly updating of this size has minor glitches after major updates. And Deltek usually releases fixes right away.

Nick from Creative Space

One of the worst accounting systems out there

Literally any other system would be better. I'd recommend looking into Quickbooks, Intacct, or Sage, even Netsuite before going down this road. As soon as you are up and running you will be 10 years behind technologically and if you ever transition it will be incredibly painful and tedious.

Pros

Cons

The system is built on .NET and has bugs in nearly every module. You must use a PC and internet explorer to even log into the system which does not integrate with any outside systems such as your bank or any payments platform. To even use the system you must be well versed in the individual bugs in each module. This is one of the slowest systems I've ever used because nearly everything must be manually entered and there is almost no automation or memory of previously coded transactions.

The system is incredibly expensive to implement and maintain compared to other cloud-based systems and your team will spend countless hours manually entering data and trying to navigate the system's nuances. It's close to impossible to find skilled professionals who've worked with Ajera before or have any kind of knowledge beyond a very basic level unless you hire one of less than a dozen specialty Ajera consultants.

When I finally moved on to a new system, they would not even provide me with a backup file of my data. I'm still in the process of extracting my data after weeks of waiting and hours spent on the phone with their customer support team. It is incredible this company still exists

Myrna from IBI Group

Great product! Access information you need quickly.

Ease of use and quickness of data entry.

Pros

Dashboards, ease of getting information quickly, and ability to customize what you see. The data entry is quick. We generate all our customer invoices in one day. Very colorful screens makes it nicer to work in. Great reports and easy to customize to your liking. I have worked with many other industry software and Ajera is by far the best. Wonderful users group is a big plus too.

Cons

General Ledger doesn't show net for the period. It is hard to think of what I don,t like because whenever we find something it is lacking they enhance the software to provide it.

Julie from red architecture + planning

Project Management/Accounting but so much more!

The Ajera platform has always been very strong. Deltek has expanded to reach to more firms allowing it the software to enhance and grow. The Ajera leadership team is always helpful and willing to work through any challenges you may face.

Pros

This fully integrated software package can be customized in so many ways but remains and easy to use tool. It allows for those of very basic to little understanding the ability to learn the key components to project management and accounting in ways the can be made understandable to everyone.

Ajera for Project Accounting Management

Pros

I am an environmental compliance project manager and my company uses Ajera for their company accounting, employee and budget utilization tracking, and invoicing. I think that the program functionality is great as it tracks in real time project management matrices (as long as project team members input their project utilization in a timely fashion). I can stay on top of my project parameters and project progress where I utilize multiple people in different office locations.

Cons

Overall, I don't have any cons regarding Ajera from a functionality and ease of use standpoint. It does take some time loading various reports and timesheets, which slows down productivity from time to time.

Ken from Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.

Would not want to use any other software.

Pros

Ease of use, immediate updates of charts and data, widget reporting, inquiry and exports to excel. Support has always been great, and software updates come from the company frequently to keep our software up to par.

Cons

It does not "bug me", but having a working knowledge of SQL is helpful - not everyone has that. It can be a little intimidating at first for project managers, but with support, training, and reinforcement, they do come around and use it for their needs.

Straight and to the point program has helped make tracking time painless.

Pros

Ajera is easily customizable to meet the needs of our company. With it's fast load times and simple interface, time sheets are no longer a dreaded task.

Cons

Sometimes Ajera will automatically add zeros to the end of data entered into cells. I think this is because the default is a value of zero and when selecting the cell to enter a value it does not eliminate the default amount. Fixing this will greatly improve program efficiency.

Julie from Red Architecture + Planning

Excellent product and support. Outstanding value when compared to all others on the market.

Daily support for all business functions

Pros

They ability to customize the software to user specific values from the start but remains relatable to other users experiences.

Cons

New user experience could be improved with more open discussion on wants and needs from beginning conversation. Assessing the users level of experience and understanding of accounting and project management process

Christine from John Milner Architects

Just getting my feet wet...

We are in the training phase of the software experience so my opinions may change with time. Initially, the software seems impressive. Our training executive is excellent. She truly has an understanding of the day to day operations of an architectural firm so our training is tailored for efficiency. My one experience with support was excellent as well. I received an immediate, understandable response which resolved our issue. Prior to purchasing, we received an unflattering review of a colleague's past experience with their Ajera support, but so far, we have had the opposite experience. I was hoping that the software was more user friendly, closer to the level of Quickbooks, but I've been told by our training exec that certain "editable" transaction features would render the software non FAR compliant, which I was not aware of.

Pros

The few project managers who were involved with the project set up training are very excited to see the level of detail available for project costing and time scheduling.

Cons

Not as user-friendly as I had hoped.

Gretchen from Cochran

Beneficial but users can struggle sometimes

Pros

The features that have been added over the last couple years have helped with the look and use of the software. I enjoy the dashboard shortcuts and options that they have provided.

Cons

Great for time sheets and project tracking

better project tracking and time sheet capabilities. Electronic invoice generation and review with the ability to comment to other users.

Pros

the ease of use is nice especially when filling out time sheets. The ability to copy previous time sheets is a real time saver. The ability to track projects in real time is also very handy. Views are very customizable and the built in graphics are a nice feature.

Cons

The software can be very slow at times. It takes a while to jump into different modules like jumping into time sheets or opening the project command center. there always seems to be noticeable wait for these windows to open.

Deirdre from Etegent Tw

I have been a user for almost 8 years; as well as an instructor at the AUA Conferences

Pros

Real time processing is most important to our firm, our PM love this feature.
The support is also fantastic.

Cons

I wish the payroll program would create AP invoices for taxes. quick books has this feature. I would like the general ledger to net out the debits and credits.

June 2016

Ken from Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.

June 2016

Wouldn't want to work with any other package

Pros

Ajera allows our PM's to work in the software and have answers at their fingertips. With the dashboard and widget features, they get needed info quickly, without having to search through reports or run their own inquiries.

Cons

Cannot think of anything major. I have been a satisfied customer of Ajera and it predecessor products for over 25 years. Each update and product change has gotten better. Any issues are very minor and can be worked around, at least for our firm.

September 2016

Divya from ABKJ Inc

2.5

2.5

September 2016

Useful for Project management, but not the most easy to use

Pros

The availability 24/7 support is what I like best. The technical support teams seems knowledgeable and is quick to respond to queries. I also like the fact that Deltek has included government reporting features into the software, making it very easy to prepare and file various quarterly and annual reports with government agencies. A recent feature that was added, the import credit card feature is also a nice to have on this platform.

Cons

It is difficult to customize reports and get the advanced forms of data. Some types of reports, such as revenue based on activity type are unavailable, so you will need to resort to exporting whatever data you can to excel and then sort through hundred of lines of information to get what you want. Also, there is no option to import data from excel files. This is definitely not the most user friendly software that I've used. Management reports are virtually non existent.

Jane from BRS Architects

Deltek Ajera

Pros

Client support is terrific. It's nice to know that when questions arise, you're only a phone call away from talking and understanding someone who knows the software so well.

Cons

The available reports are good but trying to create a report can be very trying unless you have SQL experience.

Joe from Asgeci

Take the time to learn, it will save you time and money

Go to workshops and events to learn from others

Pros

Customization is key to automation. Make sure you get the setup right, we used deltek Consultants and this was essential.

Ashlie from ajc architects

Ajera - time for an update.

Pros

I like Ajera's time sheet capabilities, the time sheets are very easy to use for someone that does not use Deltek often. I also love this reporting capabilities.

Cons

Ajera's cons are, the system as a whole seems to be outdated, and it take a lot to steps to enter accounts payable and other general accounting information.