Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Automates and digitizes the accounts payable process."

• "That it feeds to Sage 100. Less papers to handle"

• "Support has been fantastic. I love the exporting to excel"

• "I find BeanworksAP to be very easy to use and very versatile. Beanworks service team is always quick and friendly."

• Cons

• "I type very fast, sometimes can keep up with my keystrokes"

• "Beanworks does not have the functionality to process wires at the moment."

• "Cheque numbers not always recognized by our banks ocr software"

• "all my cons have been already improved in the software."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 34 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Samantha from Dynamic Systems Inc

Great Solution for Small/Medium Size Business Looking to Go Paperless

Overall our company could not be happier with Beanworks and their AP solution. Any time we have an issue, we can reach out to support and work with someone directly for a quick resolution. During implementation, the team listened to our needs and really helped to customize their product in a way that was the best fit for our business. Their product has made the headache of bill processing and payment a thing of the past.

Pros

This Accounts Payable solution has brought our business into the 21st century and we could not be happier with the result. All of our invoices and corresponding payment information is now available with a few clicks of a mouse. We no longer need to store mountains of banker boxes filled with obsolete records to maintain our data archive for historical record audit -- saving us valuable internal space and saving money as we no longer need to call a professional shredding company to purge old records. Our approval workflow was customized to our business and we now have a complete audit log noting each person's approval and processing of every invoice. All of the corresponding invoice data syncs seamlessly with our ERP software so there is minimal data entry which has saved our AP personnel a significant amount of time on a previously tedious clerical task.

Cons

Originally when we signed up with Beanworks, the company was unable to print our account number on the physical checks mailed to our vendors. This meant that bills for credit cards or utilities were still paid manually so we could include the information. As of 2018, we can now print our account number on vendor checks so this problem has been alleviated. One note is that you will still need to print your own check should you need to include any paperwork with the physical check as the check printing service is a third-party provider so only the check itself is mailed to the vendor.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

We enjoy having you as our customer and very much appreciate your continuous support in the product and the team. We are working hard to make the AP workflow simple and delightful!

Vince from The Taligent Group

BEANWORKS - Works as advertised!!

The odd hiccup here and there is expected with any software but I have to say, Beanworks tech/customer support is great to work with and managed to work through our issues quickly and efficiently the majority of the time. Overall, Beanworks works very well and has managed to convert one of our largest volume clients into a paperless client while at the same time offering an exceptional and seamless AP work flow process. Once again, the software works as advertised....no regrets!!

Pros

Beanworks is a true AP Workflow application that seems to cover all aspects of the Accounts Payable process. From invoice electronic capture, invoice coding, invoice approval, payment selection, payment approval, payment authorization and cheque issuance, it is an all encompassing piece of software. Bottom line, it works as advertised!!

Cons

If there is something I can say I like the least about the software, it would have to be the per transaction cost. Although I can appreciate everything the software offers and so I understand and can justify the need for the per transactional cost, one must keep in mind that as volumes increase, so can your monthly fees. As a result, no matter how good it works, the cost may not make it appropriate for everyone. For us however, well worth the investment!!

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for being a wonderful client to work with! Your note has been passed onto the team. We appreciate your continuous support in the product and the team.

Lisa from Austin Country Club

Very Beneficial

Beanworks is very useful and I would highly recommend it for many businesses to track their invoicing. I also like how we can reach out to a Beanworks representative by instant messaging and they are able to log in and review/fix errors at anytime.

Pros

Beanworks is easy to use and manage. I like that we can upload the invoices, code, and have them reviewed by different departments. It's also amazing how it links to Jonas with updated information. It keeps everything organized and if I need to view anything in particular, the search options are very helpful. They are just one click away. It is also nice to write in comments to communicate with other departments. I like how I can create customized reports for payments and invoices as well.

Cons

There are some instances where I have to do manual checks in Jonas, but I am not able to mark those invoices as paid in Beanworks, only having the option to mark the invoice as "do not pay."

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your response! We are working hard to make your experience in accounts payable workflow workful simple and delightful.

Noreen from Palix Foundation

BeanworksAP is relevant, useful and efficient. It's a fantastic solution.

AMAZING PRODUCT! I cannot praise it enough.

Pros

Very easy to use, logically designed and very intuitive to pick up. Amazing, extremely helpful customer service - issues are dealt with immediately and resolved well. Good at picking up our internal general ledger coding categories. Great for our organization, where we have a lot of remote/travelling staff who are able to approve invoices/payments from anywhere.

Cons

As of yet, we aren't able to send wire transfers to the US because we are a Canadian not-for-profit, so this is done outside of BeanworksAP. In the case of a vendor with multiple locations who has non-centralized accounting (so each location has it's own finance team), the system sometimes gets confused on which vendor address to select (because all locations have the same name but different addresses).

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Our CS team would be very happy to hear your thoughts! We love that you are able to approve invoices and payments from anywhere. Your feedback has been passed onto the product team. Thank you for your response!

Vadim from Northam Beverages Ltd.

Growing Stronger Every Year

I initially heard of bean bills at my previous work. After working with it I found it to be very user friendly and the desire of the Bean Bills team to constantly improve their product amazing. After switching companies and releasing the entire approval process was painfully manual I began searching for a better solution. However, no matter how much I searched nobody compared to Bean Bills. There is definitely more expensive solutions, but no solution on the market is as simple and user friendly as bean Bills. Since starting to use it over 6 years ago with another company the Bean Bills experience has definitely involved and gotten better with time. New features are constantly been released to make things easier. It great to be part of the bean bills community and I recommend it to any company.

Pros

features, simplicity, user friendly, customer service,

Cons

all my cons have been already improved in the software.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for being a wonderful customer! We appreciate your continuous support in the product and team.

Janice from Saskarc Industries Inc.

Great Software!

Pros

Cons

I least like when an user wants to reject an invoice, it goes all the way back to the starting point, when sometimes it just needs to go back one approval level.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your response. We are working hard to make your AP workflow simple and delightful. Thank you for your feedback and continuous support! Sorry for the kinks. That is definitely frustrating. Your feedback has been noted.

Ella from Rider Insurance Company

Smooth integration, good functionality

Friendly end-user setting, easy integration, easily adapts to management needs

Pros

Friendly and accessible customer service

Cons

Inability to lock a date from being input; after the close, we do not want billing dates for the closed quarter to be input, and Beanworks does not offer an option for this. Also, sync errors are difficult to find and no alerts for such as given.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

We appreciate your response and thank you for your continuous support. Your feedback is noted and passed to the product team!

Luigi from Entertainment

Easy to use, efficient and effective

great tool and must have for any organization

Pros

ease of use, practical, keeps a record of all invoices for easy lookup, approval channel so authorized approvers can see and approve invoices in timely manner

Cons

little bugs once in a while but they are quickly remedied. inability to change approval channels. this may be more company specific and attached to function vs actual software limitation.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

We think it is a must have too! Happy to hear that it is easy to use, efficient and effective. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it!

Real Time AP software that we love!!!!

We have been very satisfied with this software and have no complaints. We highly recommend this to anyone that needs a similar product.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, customer-friendly software. Very fast and responsive. Excellent customer service department as well.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

We love that you love it! We work very hard to make it simple and delightful to process your invoices. Thank you for your feedback.

Danica from GH Vero Beach Development

Great AP Software

Pros

Everything is electronic. Subs/Vendors can email their invoices directly to our Beanworks, which cuts down on incoming mail. Approvers can be located in various locations and still access and approve even via mobile. The search features to find an invoice are exceptional.

Cons

Since their recent update the PDF files are much smaller outside of Beanworks which is NOT great.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Electronic AP is what we want! We are working hard to make it seamless for you. Your response has been noted. Thank you!

David from Headcount Corporation

Beanworks Review

Pros

Support has been fantastic. I love the exporting to excel

Cons

It does not provide a receiving function. Especially with Po's that have multiple lines. This creates a lot more time to create a PO for each service on Projects.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for you continuous support. We are working hard to make your AP workflow seamless!

Dylan from Invictus MD Strategies Corp.

Very good. I have used Beanworks on my last two companies.

Pros

Automates and digitizes the accounts payable process.

Cons

Beanworks does not have the functionality to process wires at the moment.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Invictus has been a wonderful customer. We thank you for your continuous support and feedback!

Kimberly from Trailer Wizards

Easy

I enjoy working with Beans and Beansupport

Pros

Very easy to use. Options are very clear.

Cons

I type very fast, sometimes can keep up with my keystrokes

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

We're so happy that you find it easy to use! We beans like working with you too.

Shiawtian from BaubleBar, Inc

Invoicing Made Simple

This has really allowed us to get invoices in our system much quicker which in turn leads to faster payment processing. Overall highly recommend to others.

Pros

I like the smart code functionality the most. It takes the most recently approved invoice's expense coding and applies it to the same vendor with a simple tap of the button. The approval process is also simple and easy for other departments to pick up. And my absolute favorite thing about Beanworks is their customer service. You will always get a response and more often than not, it will help address the issue you're having.

Cons

There are times that the invoice number was inputted incorrectly so it is unable to pick up a duplicate invoice. This happens rarely and can be prevented by reviewing Beanworks' work on the backend.

Erin from Crulliance

A time saving tool

I’ve been very happy with the software and the customer service has been excellent! Immediate replies to emails and easy walk through instructions when running into any questions.

Pros

I really like the ease of forwarding invoice s via email and saving on data entry time.

Cons

It sometimes take a while to manually sync with Quickbooks when adding a new vendor.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for being a wonderful customer! We appreciate your continuous support in the product and the team.

Joyce from Durum Capital Inc.

It's a easy-to-use software. Functions are easy to understand but the functions are also easy to have errors. Sometimes it exported automatically even though no export request is chosen. Also in the description part, if it can wrap text automatically it will be better.

Pros

It's easy to use and understand the functions

Cons

It's also easy to have sync errors without any reasons

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Wrap text! Noted. Beanworks very much appreciates your feedback and suggestions. Thank you!

JESSICA from HOME POINT FINANCIAL; SUITE 200

BeanworksAP Rocks!

Thank you for making my job a little less hectic.

Pros

Truly helps eliminate the back and forth of emails, waiting on responses, overlooking an email etc. saves a lot of time.

Cons

Would love to view the check that was disbursed with the option to save as PDF.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

So great to hear that we make your job less hectic! We do work hard to make processing your invoices simple and delightful. Thank you for your feedback!

Douglas from Science world

Beanworks works

A good step forward

Pros

Less paperwork, less filing, chequer runs a click of button

Cons

Cheque numbers not always recognized by our banks ocr software

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your response. We are working hard to make your experience simple and delightful. One step at a time!

Denise from MAIPF

Payables

Approval being automated is nice, not having tons of papers handed out for approval. SYnc feature seems to always be slow or have issues. Overall some features are nice, but not sure how much of a time saver it really is.

Pros

That it feeds to Sage 100. Less papers to handle

Cons

The errors from the Beanwork typers. Wrong Vendor numbers and Invoice Numbers. Have hand written some on the invoice and they still type it wrong.
Using date as Invoice number which them makes it appear to be duplicate when it is not.
Also issues with Channels for Approvals, have been challenging to fit our needs.

Response from Beanworks Solutions of

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your note. Your response has been passed onto the appropriate team members.