Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Great software easy to use and very easy to understand. Good for various types of businesses and good support."

• "If most of your customers are draft or online pay, it's useful to get accurate payment or pay on time"

• "The product had all the features you need and more. The price is reasonable and they offer a free trial."

• "Approval Process, Bill payment, Inbox as central place to have documents sent to, new sync ability with Hub Doc."

• Cons

• "I wish all of our vendors would sign up to receive electronic payments. Any suggestions to help me convince them would be helpful."

• "The speed of which ACH payments are made to our vendors who are connected is very slow compared to modern payment solutions"

• "We would like to see a three way match in this product. (purchase orders - shipping documents - invoices)"

• "Set up can kind of be difficult. Information security. Not having a smartphone. No point system like other programs."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 284 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Barbara from Grid Dynamics

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Pros

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Cons

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

Kelsie from RPC

Bill.com for Account Payable

This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option.

2. Can approve via mobile

3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval

4. Can add as many approval as you want

5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload

6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out

7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both

8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Louis from LionRT

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com. Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Exceeds expectations

Pros

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Cons

The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Jennifer from Reliant Realty

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Pros

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Cons

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!

My company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now it’s just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way it’s set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I can’t see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. There’s so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now it’s only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the ‘pay to’ is an agency so we aren’t able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. I’m going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I don’t know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasn’t an accountant.

Pros

I used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 I’m downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.

Cons

The new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.

Daniel from Ignite Spot

Quality AP processing

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Hailley from The Collective

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Easier day at the office.

Pros

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

Kelly from System Six Bookkeeping

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Time saving.

Pros

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Cons

The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

Therese from Supporting Strategies 128 | South Shore

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy

Pros

All bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot.
I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Cons

Being able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.

Alex from Marketing and Advertising

Easy to use, simple, organized

Pros

Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.

Cheryl from vcfo

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions

Pros

Incredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.

Great product with a few flaws

Love that they handle the payments for us!

Pros

It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Cons

Although I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.

Denise from Financial Executives LP

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.

Pros

The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Cons

The fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.

Josue from summithosting

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.

Pros

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Cons

No issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data

Amy from Streamlined Accounting Strategies

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Pros

The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Cons

The customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now you’re lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you don’t want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.

July 2014

Aaron

July 2014

Efficiency for the win!

Our company manages the accounting for more than 20 entities on the Bill.com platform and it has helped us achieve a great reputation and a successful business model. There are three areas of particular success: Efficiency - We reduced our payable cycle from 3 days to 2 days. Particularly, we cut out the need to print checks, sign checks, stuff envelopes, and mail checks. At over 300 checks on average semi-monthly, the time savings is easily worth the marginal cost. Internal Controls - The Bill.com system has built in controls which we customized to meet each entity's needs. In some case's the entity's manager wants final approval on all invoices; in other cases the manager doesn't want to know about payables except on a monthly financial report. We're able to setup online approvals appropriately. The audit trail function is also helpful in identifying every user who touched the invoice from upload to payment. Paperless - It took me a while to wrap my head around truly paperless accounting, but it's true - we no longer have a file cabinet! Our files are now all store in the cloud on Bill.com. If the auditor needs to see the invoice, approval, and payment confirmation, we can provide it all electronically. At the end of the year, we can export all of the supporting documentation to a CD and deliver to our client for their permanent records. This means instead of sending 5 bankers boxed of invoices and other supporting documents, we now deliver 1 cd.

Pros

Efficient
Good internal controls
Paperless

Cons

I haven't taken full advantage of the A/R or cash reporting modules.

Margaret from Joe's Crab Shack

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

June 2015

June 2015

A must for your company!

I often talk to companies about bill.com because of the simplicity of the system. Bill.com allows us to keep a paperless system and the integration with Intacct works wonderfully. This feature has recently been updated.

Pros

System is easy to use and the department is able to see all invoices and info right in the system as it is paperless.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. So far the system is wonderful and they seem to be working on improving it more and more. We used to find that they sync errors were a problem but with some additional knowledge we are able to resolve them quite easily.

Response from Bill.com of

Replied July 2015

Thanks for the great review. If there's any problems with the Sync, please contact support. We've recently upgraded to Intacct Sync 2.0 and are always trying to improve it. For example, this month, we've added the ability to mark offline payments not to sync with Intacct. Intacct Sync 2.0 will handle all three dimensions on invoices - locations, classes, projects/jobs on invoices.