All BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Reviews

Thomas

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Implemented BILL in 15 Companies So Far!!!

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

PROS

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

CONS

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Jennifer, your comment made our day! We're going to share with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback :)

Serguei

Reviewed June 2020

Great Accounts Payable Software

Overall, great software for managing accounts payable. There are all kinds of dashboards where you can see the status of your payables on one screen which is convenient. Also, the reporting features are great. Very easy to pay company bills. Would definitely recommend to small/midsize business.

PROS

This is a great solution for processing accounts payable in a small/mid-size business. Bill.com has approval workflows which makes it easy to control your payables and avoid fraud. It is super easy to pay bills with a few clicks. The company takes care of all check mailing and ACH processing. Also, vendors can see the status of their payment easily which is convenient and saves you time answering payment status requests from vendors.

CONS

The company recently implemented a new interface which is confusing at times. Also, now screens load very slowly with the new features that they implemented. Also, there is no option to switch back to the old interface which I prefer.

Reason for choosing BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

I've had prior experience using Bill.com and enjoyed using it.

Thank you for your review, Serguei. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Reviewed April 2019

New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!

My company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now it’s just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way it’s set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I can’t see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. There’s so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now it’s only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the ‘pay to’ is an agency so we aren’t able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. I’m going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I don’t know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasn’t an accountant.

PROS

I used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 I’m downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.

CONS

The new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.

Jordan

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy For Entire Company Use

PROS

While I am not in our Accounting Team, I use the BILL website and mobile application for reconciliation of my business credit card (Divvy Card). Comparative to other reconciliation systems I enjoy the ease of seeing the amount I have available to me, the budgets my company has set, and the option to request funds from the mobile app.

CONS

So far I have not come across any issues with BILL or my Divvy Card set up. I am very strict about my spending, budget, and maintaining all invoices and receipts. Since transactions automatically come up once the card is used for reconciliation and there is no buffer time, I could see a potential to feel overwhelmed, but I actually prefer this feature!

Jordan, thank you for providing us with your five star review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the ease of seeing the amount on your card available to you based on the budget set by your company and option to request funds from the mobile app. We appreciate hearing that you have not come across any concerns or issues with BILL or your Spend & Expense card. If you do have any concerns regarding your card please contact our customer support directly at 435-731-5078. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6am-8pm MST and weekends 7am-4pm MST.

Replied March 2024

Lisa

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Saving Time and Money Using Bill.com

We have been very happy with Bill.com. All managers are able to review and approve every invoice and Bill.com has helped us save money by increasing visibility. We have also saved countless hours of work for our accounts payable department since Bill.com com cuts all checks and sends all ACHs.

PROS

There are so many things we like about Bill.com. Implementation was well organized and the Bill.com team was helpful and knowledgeable. Adoption throughout our organization was so quick because the Bill.com system has been so easy to use.

CONS

We had difficulty at first getting Bill.com linked with the POs in our ERP, but the Bill.com team helped us to a full resolution.

Reason for choosing BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Bill.com was the only program that we reviewed that would work with the POs in our ERP. The other solutions required POs to originate in their systems. We also felt the UI was clean and well-organized.

We appreciate you sharing your great experience, Lisa. Thank you for your exceptional review!

Cheryl

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

A Bit Pricey

I was not very happy. It was a bit overpriced and they were not receptive at all in helping me or negotiating.

PROS

This product was easy to use and utilize.

CONS

The pricing was the thing I liked least. The product seemed pretty high for the volume we did. We changed to melio. I also had to provide an accountants dashboard at $50 a month for my clients to get their product. Their product was still usually 70-80 a month. We switched to melio and pay less than $20 a month.

Reason for choosing BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

I heard good things from others. Also I received payments from others through them.

Cheryl, we're sorry to hear about this experience, and we'd love to help. Do not hesitate to contact our team and follow this path: Log into your BILL account, navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. Please select contact support. Thank you!

Replied February 2023

Reviewed January 2023

Mostly a good software.

Customer support is hard to reach via phone.

PROS

Is constantly updating their software. It makes collecting payment from customers who already use bill.com easy and straightforward.

CONS

When I attempted to use the AR function and the sales tax solution it didn't meet my needs. I was unable to make it work, and it was extremely frustrating.

Reason for choosing BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

In attempts of obtaining the best of all, however they all have their pros and cons.

Reasons for switching to BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

We're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Replied January 2023

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Bill , automate invoices

Something that could stand out and that helps its use a lot is its interface is simple without complicated menus and easy to use, this makes it productive and easy to adapt to new users, since it doesn’t require as much training to become familiar with the platform, in addition to has predefined templates that are ready to use

PROS

What I like about Bill is that it helps to automate finances. In my company we use it to process invoices and it does so in a matter of minutes. I like that it can be done in many ways to upload an invoice from your computer, emails or from your mobile phone with just a photo, Bill is a great help for the digital transformation of finance. He is scalable and can quickly generate invoices. Bill has a track status system that notifies if an invoice has been sent and thus have better control.

CONS

Something I don't like is that customer service is very slow to answer, when you need immediate attention this can be critical, since it delays the process due to long waiting times. A problem I've had is that I can't send many emails since they take it as duplicates, but this is due to the slow response they give in this way.

Reasons for switching to BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

It has good integration with other software

Thank you for your excellent review, Adam! We're thrilled to hear that our service has been easy and helpful for you as a new user. We truly appreciate your kind words and we're going to share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback!

Replied August 2023

1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

Bill makes it easy to receive ACH payments from clients

Overall, Bill is a smooth, fast, and easy way to receive payments from clients paying via ACH.

PROS

Bill is a low-friction way of receiving payments for invoices. Even though I do not invoice through Bill, many of my clients use it to provide ACH payment, and this is quick and easy for all parties.

CONS

At first, I did not really understand what Bill was, as I was asked to join because a client wanted to use it to pay me. I have received multiple phone calls from Bill asking me for more information about my business, and I have declined, as I have no desire to add more features or upgrade my account because I am currently content with the way it works now.

Reason for choosing BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Many of my clients use Bill, which is the reason I created an account.

We appreciate you sharing your great experience with the app, especially receiving payments via ACH. We're going to share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback.

Replied August 2023

Ashlyn

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

The best choice for your business!

PROS

The simplicity of BILL makes it worth it all! All of the features allow for many things to be done through one source. The customer service has been very helpful every time that I have needed assistance!

CONS

I personally have not had any issues while using BILL so far and I do not see that changing!

Thank you, Ashlyn, for your five star review of our software! We are thrilled that you enjoy the simplicity of BILL with our features being beneficial and that customer service has been helpful every time you needed them. Please continue to provide us with your feedback as we're always working hard to improve the software for our users.

Replied March 2024

Tony

Reviewed March 2020

Clunky, not user friendly - free account is unusable

Stay away! There's too many great competitors out there to tolerate using bill.com. I've used about half a dozen invoicing tools and this is the most disappointing of the bunch.

PROS

Not much. The bill.com software was enticing as it can connect vendors and customers but the interface is lacking, the free features don't let you even add an email address to send your invoice too! Instead of indicating that and saying "this is a premium feature" they leave you to wonder why you can't insert an email address into the "to" field. I couldn't fathom that any company in 2020 would actually not let me send an invoice I created -- even on a free account. There's too much good software out there to use bill.com

CONS

The support is terrible. Answers are basically "ya, you can't do that". They are actually trying to upsell me when I'm contacting them about deleting my account (which you can't do on your own).

Reasons for switching to BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

I thought Bill.com would be more robust but I'm going back to Wave, it's way better (and doesn't try get you to pay to be able to send an invoice)

Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Barbara

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

PROS

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

CONS

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

That's great to hear, Barbara. We'll be sure to pass on your positive sentiments to our product team.

Lora

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

It enhances companies' capabilities to manage financial affairs efficiently

It is certain that Bill.com has increased our capabilities and efficiency in processing bills through one system, as all processing operations are carried out through one platform, and all operations have become easy to follow, which helped us save time and effort.

PROS

Bill.com is a magical solution for presenting and documenting invoices via e-mail. This enables us to approve invoices, obtain the required approvals for them, and include them in the records directly, without the need to wait for the paper copy, which may take days or weeks to arrive. I really appreciate how Bill.com's advanced automation has made processing processes smooth and fast, and has made fully automated AP processing much easier. I like very much the ease of modifying fields as needed and the export and import options, as this enables us to obtain the reports we need in detail, and I greatly appreciate the search and filter capabilities available in Bill.com, which enable us to search in multiple databases and extract the bills we need as we want.

CONS

Since I started using Bill.com, I have not encountered any technical problems, as all the tools are easy to use, and the services of the Bill.com support team are very excellent, as they have responsive technical support.

Lora, your comment made our day! We're going to share with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback :)

Replied January 2023

Ivy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

PROS

We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition. My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother. The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time. We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

CONS

I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks. I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers. I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Ivy! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. Thank you!

Fred

Reviewed November 2019

Poor communication & Horrible customer service

We have three accounts. The customer service of Bill.com leaves a lot to be desired. Poor communication by their compliance team leaves the customer services team spinning their wheels and wasting our valuable time. You cannot reach someone with decision authority if things go amok...which they have for us when they deleted one of our active accounts. We are evaluating other options as Bill.com has been non-responsive to our requests for dialogue. For the price we are paying for our combined accounts every month, it would be nice for someone at Bill.com to care.

PROS

The automated invoice upload, approval flow and automatic notifications of payments.

CONS

Poorly constructed releases of software/platform updates. Lack of customization for multinational businesses. Lack of flexibility for some features.

Fred, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app. We'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your Bill.com account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Stay away from vantage card services

PROS

I’ve never had an issue with billl.com, I’d give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.

CONS

Bill.com need to add other credit card processors besides vantage. They need to audit vantage card services complaints from bill.com customers because they’re going to lose a tonne of business. Vantage card services are a tiny company processing millions of dollars of credit cards, but the joke is that they only have two layers of their org. 1.) customer service is the first people you speak to and they literally can’t resolve any issues, so you need to speak to a manager and they only have 1 manager called. 2.) they made several mistakes and I asked to speak to someone above it’s our ceo and he isn’t available. They do not car about their customers and they do not own up about making mistakes Bill.com you need to vet out vantage and listen to your loyal customers

Ravi