• Pros

• "Bill is very good service. The console is very easy to use, technical support is very fast and the commission is not too high. "

• "Incredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software"

• "Relatively easy to use. Document inbox works well for reviewing AP items. easy to approve and pay people. Easy to pay people via ACH or check"

• Cons

• "It's an excellent software not much on cons but customer support needs some improvements to meet new customer needs."

• "For me there are not many drawbacks, maybe only the console is not modern but it works very quickly and does not cause problems."

• "The pricing initial seems a bit expensive, however if you figure that bill.com could replace an employee or a portion of what an employee would do for you, it's a great value."

Browse Bill.com Reviews

Barbara from Grid Dynamics

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Pros

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Cons

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

Amanda from Squire & Company PC

Great for receivables or payables

Our bookkeepers can enter the bills, the manager can approve them, and the CFO can make the payments. The segregation of duties helps protect the company. Simple to use. Easy to see when a payment will arrive and when a check clears.

Pros

It makes it easy to have an audit trail for entering, approving, and paying bills. It also makes it easy for customers to send electronic payments for their invoices. Customizable user permissions.

Cons

When you invite a vendor or customer to use Bill.com, it requires them to give quite a bit of information in order to set up an account. Some are reluctant to do so.

Ivy from Orpheum Theater New Orleans

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

Pros

We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition. My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother. The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time. We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

Cons

I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks. I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers. I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!

My company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now its just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way its set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I cant see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. Theres so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now its only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the pay to is an agency so we arent able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. Im going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I dont know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasnt an accountant.

Pros

I used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 Im downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.

Cons

The new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.

Charles from SaverLife

Worth every penny

Our favorite SaaS product... and we use dozens. I would not work in a workplace without paperless AP processes.

Pros

Saves a huge amount of time managing AP. We've been on bill.com for 8+ years and I can't imagine running AP in compliance with our policies and procedures without it (or something similar).

Cons

Sync with external services can glitch if you're not careful. Cost can be expensive at highest tiers.

Small-Mid Cap Business AP and AR Automation

Overall I would recommend using Bill.com to automate your AP and AR functions. It provides easy to use guides and the customer service is on point.

Pros

I use it every day to keep track of bills and to pinpoint what needs to be paid. I really like that there is AI built in the software.

Cons

I don't like how the software handles international bills. The UI is different between the United States and when we use our subsidiary account.

Ashwin from Education Management

Most cost effective Accounts Payable System

No complaints with using this system as any user can easily learn and understand the process.

Pros

Cost of the system if super inexpensive and the capabilities work smoothly with Quickbooks, very user-friendly and paperless

Cons

The more you print, the costs will increase. I wish there was a set amount you could pay monthly.

Business Practices and Customer Service make product AWFUL

The WORST! Bill.com has done nothing but lie to me about their international payments. They lied about comparable exchange rates. They processed an international payment, showed it as "cleared" and then held it for several weeks forcing me to provide additional information on the payment. The vendor never received it and I have still not received the funds back over 2 weeks later. Be careful using their systems as they can hold your funds and really mess up your cash flow.

Pros

The product is good. It's what accountants need...that's it.

Cons

Having to deal with Bill.com customer service in any aspect.

Reasons for Choosing Bill.com

I chose it because it's what I knew. Now, I will be going to SVB Bill Pay and anything else I can do to NOT use Bill.com. They've made an enemy out of an accounting partner.

Jen from Alley Cat Allies

Helps keep our invoices and bills organized and paid on time

Pros

Bill.com allows us to keep doing what we do, and not stress over the billing process. It streamlines and tracks everything for us.

Cons

The backend can get a little confusing, but for my purposes, it is fine

Ashleigh from Ashleigh Easthorpe

Industry: Writing and Editing

Super straightforward once you get the hang of it!

Pros

- Hosting more than one company under one user profile. - A simple overview of outstanding invoices upon login. - Option to see if an invoice was accepted and approved and if payment is coming in. - Option to make notes below invoices and tag team members.

Cons

- The learning curve is a little challenging in the beginning. - It's not the prettiest software, but it works!

Kelsie from RPC

Bill.com for Account Payable

This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option. 2. Can approve via mobile 3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval 4. Can add as many approval as you want 5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload 6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out 7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both 8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Louis from LionRT

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com. Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online. Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs. Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models. As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Exceeds expectations

Pros

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Cons

The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Jennifer from Reliant Realty

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Pros

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Cons

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

Daniel from Ignite Spot

Quality AP processing

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Hailley from The Collective

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Easier day at the office.

Pros

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

Kelly from System Six Bookkeeping

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Time saving.

Pros

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Cons

The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

Therese from Supporting Strategies 128 | South Shore

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy

Pros

All bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot. I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Cons

Being able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.

Alex from Marketing and Advertising

Easy to use, simple, organized

Pros

Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.

Cheryl from vcfo

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions

Pros

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.

Great product with a few flaws

Love that they handle the payments for us!

Pros

It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Cons

Although I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.

Denise from Financial Executives LP

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.

Pros

The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Cons

The fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.

Josue from summithosting

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.

Pros

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Cons

No issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data

Amy from Streamlined Accounting Strategies

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Pros

The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Cons

The customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now youre lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you dont want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.

Margaret from Joe's Crab Shack

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

July 2014

Aaron

July 2014

Efficiency for the win!

Our company manages the accounting for more than 20 entities on the Bill.com platform and it has helped us achieve a great reputation and a successful business model. There are three areas of particular success: Efficiency - We reduced our payable cycle from 3 days to 2 days. Particularly, we cut out the need to print checks, sign checks, stuff envelopes, and mail checks. At over 300 checks on average semi-monthly, the time savings is easily worth the marginal cost. Internal Controls - The Bill.com system has built in controls which we customized to meet each entity's needs. In some case's the entity's manager wants final approval on all invoices; in other cases the manager doesn't want to know about payables except on a monthly financial report. We're able to setup online approvals appropriately. The audit trail function is also helpful in identifying every user who touched the invoice from upload to payment. Paperless - It took me a while to wrap my head around truly paperless accounting, but it's true - we no longer have a file cabinet! Our files are now all store in the cloud on Bill.com. If the auditor needs to see the invoice, approval, and payment confirmation, we can provide it all electronically. At the end of the year, we can export all of the supporting documentation to a CD and deliver to our client for their permanent records. This means instead of sending 5 bankers boxed of invoices and other supporting documents, we now deliver 1 cd.

Pros

Efficient Good internal controls Paperless

Cons

I haven't taken full advantage of the A/R or cash reporting modules.

Tracy from Spillers Works

Streamlines AP to a paperless process

Time savings Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoices

Pros

Paperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details

Cons

Syncing to QuickBooks Online has been a little tricky. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the limitations of the sync function and learn how to work around it.

One of my favorite software to use

Great software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors.

Pros

Customer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat

Cons

I think the automatic bill processing takes a bit longer than necessary. It would also be helpful if the automatic process could identify credit memos.

Delay payments to contractors

Cons

I contract with a company that uses bill.com to pay bi-monthly. The company I work for promptly processes payroll and gets it to bill.com. However, bill.com sits on your money for several days before processing it. Some of the claims are that it can't process anything on a weekend, because "banks are closed", which is a ridiculous claim to make because they pay electronically for the most part, at least in my case, and those kind of payments can be processed at any time. Even Monday through Friday it is apparently impossible to get customer service to respond to your inquiry even with repeated follow-up. Apparently they can create automatic email responses to your inquiries and yet cannot process a simple electronic payment. I am fully aware it is very simple thing to process an electronic deposit payment, and there is absolutely no reason to sit on my money for 3 to 5 days before doing so, whether those days fall on a weekend or not. The absolute lack of customer service is appalling. When I login, my payment information from the company I contract for is shown as overdue. Today is Monday, not a holiday, and yet they still could not process something they received last week. Even if they process it tomorrow, it will be a day or two before they get around to electronically depositing it to my card. I love the company I contract for, and I am going to complain to them about this practice and urge strongly to find another vendor, as Bill.com apparently cannot handle something that is a 2 times a month routine practice with my contract company. And I guess it's probably apparent to everyone why they sit on your money for a couple of days - even tho they do charge fees for their services, and that SHOULD BE how they make their money, I guess a little interest helps as well. By the way, there are no phone numbers provided, nor any other direct means of contacting someone about this issue other than email, which other than generating a generic received reply message, is apparently otherwise ignored. Companies who would consider using this company as their payment controller for their contractors, I highly do not recommend it as it is the absolute worst thing about the company I contact with. It's only the fact that the company I contract with is such a great company that I stay. And they may be unaware of the games that bill.com is playing with their contractors' money, but they are going to be made aware of it as soon as I hit submit after this review.

Jill from Jillfrillman@aol.com

Great product - but pricey

Great customer service, onboarding new clients is much improved from when I first started using them years ago. Only issue - per client price is high considering we are also paying for usage. As a firm it would be great to have better pricing.

Pros

Easy of use - capturing all documents in one place for one client with a dedicated fax number and email address.

Cons

Price

Mackenzie from Wishlist Rewards

Getting help is painful

It's not great. We use bill.com to invoice our customers. 60% of our client base has complained about the experience with bill.com because setting up accounts is not intuitive, and clients often times have set up different kinds of accounts by accident then feel harassed by reminder emails which state they haven't paid an invoice, even though they are marked as "paid" on our end. We paid a hefty API integration fee in an effort to host all of these invoices in our own system so that our customers wouldn't have to interact with bill.com. However, now we are facing a whole new set of challenges trying to gather information from bill.com that isn't exposed, but is integral in making the integration successful... then trigger days and days of frustration with support to get about 60% of the information that we need.

Pros

The ease of creating and tracking invoices

Cons

Trying to work with support actually ruins my day. The only way you can talk to a human on the phone is by scheduling a phone call. Every time I have done that we've had issues connecting and there's no number you can call. I also feel like every time I reach out to support via chat or email I get a completely different level of information and service. Sometimes they give you what you need right away, other times they say they can't provide you with that information you need to jump through additional XYZ hoops.

Diane from Sorority

Bill payment time saver

Great experience and easy to use and train

Pros

The thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.

Cons

Nothing at this time. All functions are logical

Rhonda from Kitu Systems

Bill.com to go paperless

Pros

We love: -custom permissions -ease of routing items for approvals -audit trail -direct messaging to vendors -document repository -no papers to get lost

Cons

When we first started using this service it was not as expensive, but honestly, the value is there and we don't mind paying for the value.

Adam from Noticed

Stay away from vantage card services

Pros

Ive never had an issue with billl.com, Id give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.

Cons

Bill.com need to add other credit card processors besides vantage. They need to audit vantage card services complaints from bill.com customers because theyre going to lose a tonne of business. Vantage card services are a tiny company processing millions of dollars of credit cards, but the joke is that they only have two layers of their org. 1.) customer service is the first people you speak to and they literally cant resolve any issues, so you need to speak to a manager and they only have 1 manager called. 2.) they made several mistakes and I asked to speak to someone above its our ceo and he isnt available. They do not car about their customers and they do not own up about making mistakes Bill.com you need to vet out vantage and listen to your loyal customers

Bill.com is the best out there

This software is a key piece of software in my business, which allows me to pay bills from anywhere not just in my office. Plus I never have to write a check.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and their support is excellent to work with.

Cons

The software is slow to respond when moving through multiple pages.

A quick and nice way to drop in and keep track of all bills for your business.

How easy and quick it is to run and payout your vendors.

Pros

I like the feature of dragging invoices to the desk top, just letting them load and autofilling your information to make sure your bills are paid in a timely manner. They also have really great customer support that care about helping you get the information you need.

Cons

There is a feature of auto adding bills, which is ok but slow compared to a person entering it. Also sometimes when it syncs with other softwhere it get duplicate messages, so again a person will have to manually correct it. This is pretty rare though.

We love using Bill.com

Saves a lot of time when getting the approvals needs for A/P.

Pros

This product is very user-friendly and I love that its so easy to view documents. We process all A/P in bill.com and I wish we could run our expense management (corporate credit cards) through this system.

June 2015

A must for your company!

I often talk to companies about bill.com because of the simplicity of the system. Bill.com allows us to keep a paperless system and the integration with Intacct works wonderfully. This feature has recently been updated.

Pros

System is easy to use and the department is able to see all invoices and info right in the system as it is paperless.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. So far the system is wonderful and they seem to be working on improving it more and more. We used to find that they sync errors were a problem but with some additional knowledge we are able to resolve them quite easily.

Response from Bill.com

Replied July 2015

Thanks for the great review. If there's any problems with the Sync, please contact support. We've recently upgraded to Intacct Sync 2.0 and are always trying to improve it. For example, this month, we've added the ability to mark offline payments not to sync with Intacct. Intacct Sync 2.0 will handle all three dimensions on invoices - locations, classes, projects/jobs on invoices.

Edward from Paintzen

Good solution for AP

Pros

Cons

Sync with xero takes a really really really long time, but this might be xero's fault not really sure.

A good program with some usability issues.

Like I said, it definitely made getting paid easier because my invoices were going directly into my client's billing system. Once I started using this with my client, there was no delay in payment at all.

Pros

One of my clients uses it and asked me to use it to invoice them. Once it was set up properly, I found it fairly easy to use, and it did speed up my payment turnaround quite a bit.

Cons

It didn't have tiers of functionality - this was obviously developed with a power user in mind. For my type of work, it felt like overkill. A simpler invoicing template would have been helpful, rather than my having to create a more complex invoice than I needed. It's also not always intuitive - some key invoicing functions are sometimes hidden within another function. However, it wasn't anything I couldn't sort out with some digging.

Love this invoicing system for my freelance career

Pros

I have many freelance and contracting clients who I have to keep up with. This is a great system for invoicing and keeping track of who owes me what. Helps to ensure I get paid on time.

Cons

There are many companies who don't use the software to pay freelancers or contract workers. This can delay payment processing if they insist on sending a check vs. paying through the Bill.com system.

Bill.com Review

Overall, my experience with Bill.com has been great. It is a very easy user interface and makes paying bills easy.

Pros

Bill.com makes it really easy to make payments to our vendors. We can easily make payment via check or e-payment. Being that we use Xero, Bill.com easily syncs down into Xero.

Cons

The one con would be that you can't do foreign currency payments via Bill.com. They only support USD transactions.

Rosemary from Isk institute

GREAT PROGRAM

Pros

I REALLY ENJOYED USING THIS PARTICULAR PROGRAM! IT WAS OF GREAT USE TO ME AT MY COMPANY AND I WAS ABLE SEE GREAT RESULTS.

Cons

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BADLY TO SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM. NOT SURE IF ANY UPDATES WERE DONE SINCE I HAVE LAST USE IT.

Jan

Bill.com is a tool MUST have tool for Accountants

I have used bill.com for over 7 years. In that time I have watched the progress of of the accounting software grow. Bill.com offers a quality tool that has all the workflows in place. Multiple software applications mimic this software. They can be utilized. But only Bill.com puts together the complete package. The start of receiving the bills, to the approval process, to the payment process. It saves time keeping all of the information into one location. Bill.com offers a receivable process as well. The system allows for security on payments, recurring invoices, and a customer portal. All of this in one solution is a winning combination.

Pros

The Pros are: -electronic bill payment -electronic approval system -unlimited document storage -recurring AR invoices -electronic AR payments -Customer (AR) portal -Security encryption -Great customer service

Cons

-Work flow on the AR is a bit choppy -Customers must have an account to open invoices

Clay from Paintzen

Easy Payment Solution

Pros

Allows us to have multi-level approval processes for paying our bills while syncing with multiple systems

Cons

The speed of which ACH payments are made to our vendors who are connected is very slow compared to modern payment solutions

Mark from e:countable, LLC

Bill.com is a must

Great experience

Pros

Makes A/R and A/P much more efficient; able to better control cash flow

Cons

Used to be able to talk to someone in technical support when there was a problem; No more. Really don't like that. Must now chat online

Anthony from Western

Bill.Com Is Perfect!

Amazing Product! killing it Bill.Com!

Pros

Bill.com is everything that our company needed to help us on the accounting side of things, it has brought simplicity and efficiency where we were lacking.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Bill.Com, what I originally thought was a flaw in the software actually turned out to be an un-realated computer issue.

Overall happy with it

Pros

- allows streamlining of accounts payable - easy integration with quickbooks

Cons

- it's clunky and there seems to be some basic functionality that is missing or views that would be helpful

Krystle from Intellibookkeeping

Great payable software

Great accounts payable tool

Pros

Good syncing to accounting softwares (little to no breaks in syncing). Bill.com support is exceptional in assisting in any needs/concerns, etc. I don't use this for accounts receivable but I do for accounts payable and it's great for that. Epayments are wonderful but even if the vendor doesn't sign up for ePayments, Bill.com still cuts/sends a check :)

Cons

I don't care for the updated design. It's complicated and hard to use. The previous design was much more simple and easier to use.