Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "I liked the work in progress reports. Until all of my WIP disappeared. I also liked the ability to customize invoices."

• "The app is simple to use and allow non-technical people to manage it easily."

• "Reports and Projects are so easy to use and manage. "

• "Accuracy with invoicing. Accountability on time slips keeps staff focused."

• Cons

• "Would like more flexibility for multiple companies on the licensing platform, i.e. QuickBooks platform allows many companies on the same license"

• "EVERYTHING, HORRIBLE FUNCTIONALITY, REPORTS ARE USELESS."

• "There are no dislikes we are very satisfied with the product."

• "Request that there be a reconciliation to general ledger accounts of total "wip""

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 180 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Christine from MacLeod Reckord, PLLC

Existing User

We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Pros

I have had more time with the software since my last review. As I slowly convert the firms old data to this new software, things are falling into place quickly. I'm becoming attuned to the software. Learning little things I didn't know where there, both by playing around and talking with customer support. This software is easy to learn. Not a real big learning curve, assuming you are familiar with project management, accounting, project setup or you have people familiar with those areas. I do it all, and basically maintain everything for everyone else.

Cons

I don't have many, but if I had to pick... they are not really cons, as I hope they will expand to these later on. API with Office 365/Outlook would be a nice added bonus. For me, especially Outlook. Also API with Quickbooks desktop version. This isn't a big issue, as I hope to also phase out QB and only use that software for payroll. Which I will then have an API if I go with QB Online/payroll. I will always use QB for payroll, so I am use to doing journal entries into systems to reflect the payroll numbers. This is not a hardship for me.

Dale from Rardin & Carroll Architects

Great tool for the Architect's office

Overall, this is a good office management tool for the architect. We have used it for the past 10 years and find it invaluable in all we do in managing projects and running the business.

Pros

The product is great for the management of a project from time and expense reports to document management. It also manages the office contacts and calendar of events for all the employees. It will give you in real time if you are making or losing money on a project. It tracks and creates invoicing for all project clients. If you use QuickBooks, it is integrated directly with that software for complete accounting management. It is a great tool for Architects in that it is formatted for what we do (tasks and phasing of projects). If you have internet connection, you can get access to this program while on the road,

Cons

When opening up project file, it takes 2 or 3 clicks to open up a file, such as Word, PDF and AutoCAD. Very, Very frustrating. Many of my employees do not use is function and simply use Window file manager to open and move files. We should not have to do this. It uses Java in the background for some of its operations, and I am not a fan of Java... it is always updating. Updating of the software is somewhat difficult for the person not a computer nerd.

July 2013

Jeff from FSF architecture

July 2013

As architects, we get set in our own way of doing things and never want to change. In ArchiOffice 2013 we found a product that pretty much adapts to how we do things. Sure we changed our methods a little, but for the most part it does what we want it to. We began looking for an office management software in 2007. We realized that the old method of using a spreadsheet was making us miss lots of opportunity for reimbursements that we could have been charging clients until too late. Just recapturing these lost revenues has paid for ArchiOffice. After 6 years, the program is so comprehensive, there are modules for everything you need in an architects office. The main points are easy; project lists, contact lists, time records, billings, and a shared calendar. But dig deeper and you get time tracking per job, project phases or tasks; time records, that at entry, keep everyone informed as to project progress; intelligent records, filling in more than you really want to know about project time expenditure; RFI logging, shop drawing logging; billings, showing cash flow and work in progress; phone call records and a shared calendar; not to mention dozens of reports, and more. For example - when a project Architect is out, and an electrical shop drawing comes in, the office manager can look up the engineer in project info/contacts, and forward the submittal on the same day. Then, they can place a task on the architects to-do list, 7 days out, noting that it should be returned; and then also they can set another task for 10 days out, reminding them again that it should have been returned. We use it for document management; scanning and storing the shop drawing when it is returned. Remote access from anywhere with an Internet connection makes it easy to reach information in the field. The superintendant, without his copy of a spec or shop drawing, can remotely access it thru Archioffice. 6 years of use, and we love it. All that glowing review, and yes, it does have a few flaws. The biggest is that Syncing with Outlook is nearly a waste of time. It can be done, but it requires that you run old Java, then run parallel Outlook files. We just don't even bother. When we do have a problem, the tech support is awesome. In 2010, after a major upgrade, I think I wore out tech support for 3 months. But currently, I think I have emailed two questions in the last 3 months. Always fast and complete responses. AO2013 is mature enough of a product that problems are few and far between. I will admit, as Architect/IT guy/Managing Partner, I use every aspect of this program - not just a few areas like most of my employees. I still look at competing programs, and haven't found one that adapts to my ways as well, or is as comprehensive.

Jaydra from Paper Investigator, Inc

Great product! Practical, customizable, and good value for the money.

This product saves me time and keeps all my cases organized so I never miss important deadlines or follow-up tasks. Well worth the money.

Pros

1) It has a nice look and it's easy to use because it is organized in an intuitive manner.
2) It is also incredibly customizable. There are so many ways to filter reports and adjust who sees which reports and when, it kind of blows my mind. I have done so many things to customize this software to my firm's needs and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. This also means it will continue to be useful as my firm grows, which is incredibly valuable.
3) It's a cloud-based software, which means I never have to worry about installing the latest updates. It's also an extra bonus layer of data security because the data is not housed on my local in-office server.
4) Tracking time is easy, and once hours have been billed to the client they are marked in the system (this may seem like a pretty basic feature, but it was surprisingly difficult to find in a case management software).
5) It talks to QuickBooks online, and it's easy to transfer data. It saves a lot of time to transfer invoice and other data from the project management software directly into my accounting system.
6) The customer service and follow-up support is great. I was walked through the initial implementation, which got me up and running almost immediately - very little work time invested in the implementation. After using the software for a few weeks, I scheduled a one-on-one training session with a BQE trainer to get all my firm-specific questions answered which was great.

Cons

My only (minor) complaint is that it does not yet also function as a CRM. I hope they add this feature because I'm looking forward to incorporating that data and function into the same system as my case management.

Amy from Whitney Architecture

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm

Pros

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy.

Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years.

Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cons

The only thing that would help us out would be to run ArchiOffice on a Mac platform.

Cheri from Beyler Consulting, LLC

Great Customer Service and Support

I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Pros

It is very easy to use and you can learn it quite quickly with help of online webinars, the help pages, and just fishing around in the menus. Very clear and concise.

Cons

I wish that the SYNC process was done with a macro and I didn't have to do anything more than schedule it to go.

Teresa from ECCI

Everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time

We have been using BQE since March 2015. Prior to then, we kept all project information in QuickBooks. The staff were not able to see where they were on projects since they did not have access to QuickBooks. Currently everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time.

Pros

The ability for each employee to input their time/expenses is one of the features that I like the most. I also appreciate that staff members can check time and expenses for their projects to see where they are on projects with a budget. Invoicing is now streamlined because the information for the project manager's review is on one page. Budget information is on the draft invoice which makes it easy to see when a project is over/under budget, and who has coded time to the project.

Cons

I wish there was a better way of archiving old vendor bills.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied April 2019

Teresa thanks so much for your review, we are pleased you now have a one-stop shop in real time for your projects! Thanks for being a part of the BQE Family!

Jeff from C-P Systems

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now

Pros

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now. At this point it is difficult to imagine how our business timesheets, expenses, and invoices operated without Core. We enjoy the flexibility it allows us to utilize the functionality we need without being forced to use or pay for features that don’t apply to our unique business. We continue to expand the ways Core helps our business through learning new features, creating custom reports, and exporting helpful information. As our business has grow BQE has worked with us to help stay on top of our growing needs

Cons

Improvement in Scroll & update issue – when doing batch edits to approve time, update bill rates, etc. the only items actually edited are those that load. We only have 15 employees, but a month worth of time can take a very long time to scroll through. There should be an override to load all or apply to all rather than having to scroll through hundreds of entries, loading more every 3-4 seconds.

Tersa from Briscoe, Doddo and Associates, CPA, P.A.

Overall, I love the program

Overall, I love the program. It took me many years working in a very outdated software until I felt I found the right program (Core) to switch to for time and billing. It has met all of my needs so far! Love it. I have not had to call in for customer service often but when I do everyone has been helpful and I have not encountered any issues what so ever. I have not worked in the Project Management or Accounting modules of the program.

Pros

The flexibility for invoicing. The ability to email the invoices right from the program. Being able to use the program from anywhere a browser is available although I personally have not had to log in anywhere other than the office but some of my staff has.

Cons

The downside is the refresh rate. At times there is lag due to internet connection which is obviously not an issue with Core itself but the internet connection. I do regret that when entering time entries the fields do not populate faster. I would also love to see a total by day when entering time entries without having to change the date range. I.e. I set the range for a pay period, I would like to see a total for each day and for the entire pay period as a whole on the same screen without having to adjust the dates.

Timothy from TA Dumbleton Architect PC

We use this software to manage our architecture firm. I have 25 years in practice and I have used 4 similar programs - this is the best by far.

The BQE company has been very responsive to suggestions and is making steady improvements. It is nice to use software that gets better over time.

Pros

The product is very powerful and provides quick information about how our projects are progressing - it allows us to know precisely how we are doing financially on each project. I like how flexible it is - much more flexible than other similar software I have used over the years. I like the interface and the customer service has been really excellent - they have been very responsive when we get stuck, and there has rarely not been a solution to our problems.

Cons

Sometimes the flexibility of the software makes it a little unwieldy. This software requires you to pay attention to what you are doing - because you can mess things up pretty quickly. There are times when I wish it had the ability to turn off some options - I would give up some power and flexibility to make it easier to work with. Invoice formatting needs some work.

LYNDA from Roberts Civil Engineering, Llc

Core is very user friendly

Pros

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate. I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support.

Cons

I think the difficulties I have are related to needing a better understanding of the program. I can’t say I have anything I like least about it except for the speed. I think the slowness is due to our Wi-Fi system.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied April 2019

Lynda, thank you for your review. We are appreciate you continuing to be a part of the BQE Family and glad to hear Core is so easy to use!

Majdi from Onward Engineering

Flexibility of Core made our complex billing simple

Pros

The flexibility of Core is exceptional, and their technical support is top notch.
Core has helped us manage our projects and streamline our billing process, which includes 3-tier structure. Prior to Core we use to use excel to manage our multiple database.

Cons

I hope Core is going to have the payroll module soon. This will help cut down the manual steps and use of multiple application.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied March 2019

Hi Majdi, We are thrilled with your 10/10 review in how Core has helped streamline your firms billing processes. Stay tuned for more information on your payroll request! Thank you for being part of the BQE Core family!

October 2011

Alexis from Henderson Architectural Group, Inc.

October 2011

BillQuick Review

Even though we do not integrate BillQuick with QuickBooks, this is an option that does sync with ease. What is nice is that you can have endless users working in this software system, independently entering their time and expenses without having issues. I have used many different software systems, and this one is quite easy to use and well worth the price.

Pros

Henderson Architectural started using BillQuick in 1999, while I began using this system in mid-2002. With the assistance of BillQuick's customer support and specialized tech support, we were able to run BillQuick more efficiently and to its full capabilities for what our firm needs. In the 9 years that I have been working with BillQuick, I have established an outstanding relationship with them to the point where they know what my needs and expectations are without me having to re-state them. The software has many capabilities, along with Crystal Reports, that allows you to design or edit existing reports/invoices to your needs. I have created special invoices for specific clients, and I am able to tie these invoices to specific projects without having to worry about them printing on the wrong template. The capabilities to tie expenses, activities, employees, etc to specific projects is endless.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for this product only because if you are in need of something special, feel there should be something brought to their attention or any issues that need to be resolved, you may email them and most likely your suggestion/issue could end up in the next upgrade.

Susan from Van Atta Associates

BQE Support Service

Pros

ArchiOffice is an easy way to track time both billable and non-billable and to generate client invoices. In addition, ArchiOffice is able to run specific reports to help track phases and time by individual employees.

Cons

Some aspects are not intuitive. Running specific detailed reports can be a troubleshooting process until you happen to check and uncheck the correct check box. There is no user "How To" manual for reference or short video clips to view. It would be nice to see a page of every report that ArchiOffice can generate, use a dummy project and print out what is possible. I am sure that there are so many other features that our company could benefit from if we only knew the capabilities of ArchiOffice (without joining a training session that cost money)

Willie from DW Engineering

Cannot think of running our business without BQE Core

Pros

BQE Core's insightful dashboards and business intelligence tells us exactly how our projects are performing. The fact that I can review this important data from anywhere anytime is a huge benefit. We love the easy of use and the flow of the software.The important KPI's in Core for our projects, clients and staff help us run our business efficiently. Love the mobile phone app!

Cons

We track mileage extensively for our project visits. Mileage tracking on the mobile phone app will complete the app

Lee from LPI, Inc

It's about time

Pros

I've been using BQE product for more than 20 years. This is the best product thus far I have enjoyed working in after a long long time. Ease of use with excellent support. We extensively use it for easy to use time tracking and robust invoicing features

Cons

Ability to customize reports would be a great addition.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied March 2019

Hi Paul Thrilled to continue having you as a long time customer! We appreciate you being part of the BQE family. We have custom reporting please feel free to reach out to your rep for more information. Thank you!

Edward from Consulting

I am a small consulting engineering firm and use this for time accounting and invoicing. Additioanl features and capabilites are available as I grow into them.

Pros

This is fairly intuitive for a non-programming type of user. Results have been good and reliable. Support help has been very good, both from my account rep and tech support. It is good to have backup when things get lost, and BQE has been there. I look forward to exploring other features as my needs grow.

Cons

I have the basic level program and am curious about extended planning tools and features. We will see if these are as intuitive and the basic functions.

Joseph from JHA Companies

August 2016

BillQuick, an outstanding product for professional service firms!

We switched to Bill Quick at just the right time! It allowed us to respond to client demanded invoice templates and enabled us to continue to grow without adding additional back office support staff. The mobile app is also great for time and expense entry and so is web suite for all our remote offices and mobile staff. Billing can be accomplished quickly with this product!

Cons

We work on the east coast and from time to time we have needed morning support and had to wait until support staff arrived at BQE who works in the pacific time zone. Not a major issue by any means, but still resulted is some downtime that otherwise could have been eliminated.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied August 2016

Joseph, we are glad that BillQuick has been working great for you. Thanks for the feedback.

July 2016

John from Gallagher & Turchi, P.C.

July 2016

Time and expense product for everyone

The product is extremely user friendly. Employees, young and senior age, have no problem using the product to accomplish their daily activities. BillQuick conducts, at no cost, frequent training sessions where participants are encouraged to learn time saving ways to use applications. Employees in their tech department have a deep knowledge of the software. Their goal is to assist in what you want the application do. Tell the tech people what you want and they will get it done. "No problem" is their attitude. BillQuick has the best product at an economical price that I have found.

Cons

As you can tell, I like the product. BillQuick offers service/application discounts, usually for a very limited time period. Possibly these marketing efforts can be extended of existing and tech agreements users for a longer time period. It is usually easier and less expensive to sell more to an existing customer base.

Response from BQE Software of

Replied July 2016

Thank you, John!