All BQE CORE Suite Reviews

Cecilia

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

We like invoicing in Core

Robert C.

Valuable software for billing at a law firm

Bill quick is a perfect solution to create invoices and be able to bill many different attorneys on different projects.

Pros

The ability to customize many of its features is great. You can setup and keep track of time associated with various cases, clients, projects. There are so many reports that you can run to keep track of your spending. Able to export invoices to LEDES format. Able to import time from excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the software, the tech support team was great in getting me up and running. If you want additional reports they have a custom report group but their cost is a bit high to modify reports. It looks a bit complicated but actually it is easy to use.

Irving

Best in Class Architecture Management

Overall, CORE has exceeded our expectations other than some basic simplicity in the user interface similar to Monograph, but with far more added flexibility meeting the daily needs of an architectural practice.

Pros

CORE has by far proven to be the most suitable fit for small architecture practices and firms as compared to many others out there cost hundreds of dollars more for each seat. The application serves our daily needs to keep our projects and staff on account, efficient and profitable.

Cons

Sometimes there's too much of a good thing, being that there's more than 1 way to get what you need and therefore it can get a bit complicated and confusing to navigate.

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

We came over from ArchiOffice and CORE offers flexible pricing tiers and discounts for long term subscription, as well as a full compliment of modules included.

December 2022

May or may not work for your company

Pros

Quick snapshot of project time breakdown.

Cons

Adding notes to submitted time amounts is painfully slow.

Ken

The Value of Core

As mentioned, the product is great. The support is second to none. Core has been the tool we had been missing.

Pros

We have used Core for a couple of years. Our firm specializes in foodservice design and our services are performed through architectural firms. This software is an incredible tool for other service related firms. The software and its tools are incredibly robust. The single major aspect is residing in the cloud. This allows connectivity from any where. Additionally, the project and/or staff performance tools are an amazing snapshot of our things are going. We also schedule our project tasks with Core. Those tasks are assigned (allocated) to staff with end/due dates. Task completion percentages allows project management to monitor progress. The notification system alerts the appropriate team members when task have been completed. There is an abundance of management tools and controls.

Cons

Although the training is great, the online resources plentiful and the on-call support fantastic; there is a bit of a learning curve as the software is so robust. It just take a little time to become familiar with it and proficient. So you must go through the training and then dive in!

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

We simply thought it was a better product.

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

We were looking for one software to manage all aspects of our firm’s accounting and project management.

Lee

BQE Core Review

I am staying with BQE because it is the best all-in-one program I could find. It isn't perfect and, in many ways, it is miserable to use because it takes a long time and is slow, not optimized for fast use and there are a lot of features that are missing required for efficient use.

Pros

I like that this software is fully functional and can potentially do anything a consultant or engineer would need to do without having to use other products.

Cons

BQE can do almost everything and therefore it is complex and requires a lot of assistance from tech support. I have found that on most calls I have made the lower tier tech support has to contact the upper tier tech support and gets back with me later - sometimes. I am still waiting on them to fix some things (for weeks or months now). The 'powerful' proposal builder is a joke. Tech support just told me to type it in another program and import it, but that doesn't even work well. I have found a bunch of bugs and half thought out ideas. For example, to enter receipts or documentation for transactions other than credit card transactions requires a bunch of extra steps and cannot be done from the phone. Projects are complex (which is a good thing because they can do a lot) but it takes a lot of effort to setup a project and it can't be created from a template on the phone. I have bumped up against a bunch of walls inside BQE and when I ask how to do this or that I'm just told that isn't a feature BQE has.

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

It has project management features.

Lisa

Industry: Civil Engineering

BQE CORE Suite

The biggest benefit is not having to constantly perform backups and worry about losing our data because my computer crashes. Since we utilize several of the options we had before in BillQuick, we haven't made too many changes.

Pros

We upgraded from BillQuick to CORE earlier this year. The ability to access whatever I need online makes it so much easier if I need to work from a location outside of the office. Integration was effortless and the help videos are easy to understand and implement. I needed very little training as it was very similar to BillQuick and feel anyone who has used any type of accounting software should be able to use without a great deal of effort. There are several training sessions available to new users on a weekly basis that made it easier for me to schedule. The ability to get immediate customer support is a definite plus.

Cons

Sometimes I've had issues where it takes awhile to save time card entries but this may be an issue with our internet and not the software. There have been a few quirks where completed jobs suddenly become active; the interest in the bank reconciliation doesn't carry over to the general ledger. There were also several report default templates that were available in BillQuick that are not available in CORE. You may need to pay for a customized report that used to be free.

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

We were happy with BillQuick but the annual maintenance cost for our company between that and CORE was the main reason. Having data on the cloud was another reason.

BethAnn

December 2022

BQE Core is a great software to use and the employees are always available and willing to help!

Awesome!

Pros

The Billing is super easy to enter payments and reconcile.

Cons

not being able to make changes to the invoice templates on my own. We have to pay to have the developer make changes to the template and so because we don't want to pay, we have to tweak each invoice ourselves...

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

a wider range of things offered.

online website

Jessica

Industry: Law Practice

BQE Core Review

Great I have already referred two businesses

Pros

User friendly software, training options and I love the 24/7 customer support.

Cons

Can not make edits for draft invoices you gave to delete the draft and redo the invoice. If it was in draft mode it would lie great to have the option to edit.

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

Horrible customer service not user friendly

January 2023

Best application for architects and engineers

Bqe is very easy to use and very practical I will recommend it to users as the best application.Very good customer support.

Pros

This application is one of the best platforms with very good features for architecture and engineering companies.Easy to use, it helps to develop the business and save time,expert assistance for customer reception.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with bqe since I use it, it is a very good tool

Evan

December 2022

Perfect for small professional services company that has lots of projects

amazing customer support and a great product. Glad to not be shopping for a new product for sure!

Pros

Custom project setup and full integration with Quickbooks online

Cons

There are a few features we would like regarding locking down timesheets and making the invoice approval without needing excessive licensing...but we manage

integration with Quickbooks

Laura

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Core has been an integral in helping us to understand and grow our business

Overall experience has been great as we use Core for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year.

Pros

A little over one year back as we started up our new business I was researching for the best accounting, time and expense tracking and billing software. I selected BQE Core because it had an intuitive interface, easy reporting and it was on cloud. For any startup business the cost is always a big factor, the fact that BQE Core was a fraction of other similar software packages was an added bonus! We use BQE for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year. At every moment, I have the info available to understand my cash flow, liabilities and A/R all in one interface, which never would have been possible if I used other accounting software.

Cons

In a separate excel doc I track our projected income and expenses for each two-week period so I can plan cash expenditure. If BQE had a feature to track overhead and projections in relation to billable work, that would really integrate all functionality in one software. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions for improvement.

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

Core is more intuitive and a complete package for professional services.

Christine

Existing User

We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Pros

I have had more time with the software since my last review. As I slowly convert the firms old data to this new software, things are falling into place quickly. I'm becoming attuned to the software. Learning little things I didn't know where there, both by playing around and talking with customer support. This software is easy to learn. Not a real big learning curve, assuming you are familiar with project management, accounting, project setup or you have people familiar with those areas. I do it all, and basically maintain everything for everyone else.

Cons

I don't have many, but if I had to pick... they are not really cons, as I hope they will expand to these later on. API with Office 365/Outlook would be a nice added bonus. For me, especially Outlook. Also API with Quickbooks desktop version. This isn't a big issue, as I hope to also phase out QB and only use that software for payroll. Which I will then have an API if I go with QB Online/payroll. I will always use QB for payroll, so I am use to doing journal entries into systems to reflect the payroll numbers. This is not a hardship for me.

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

Zoho- (would have to interface with too many other software products) Mavenlink and Wrike, although awesome PM related software did not handle the AEC community as well as I would have liked. I currently have QB Enterprise Contractors edition, but it is for payroll only and duplicating invoices/checks from the old system at a high level for accounting purposes. This software did not, nor ever will do what I was told it could handle when I was looking to upgrade from PRO to an AEC community software. A total waste of high dollar money. Will go back to PRO or on-line for payroll only as soon as I am up and running 100% in CORE. Deltek, while they bought out WIND2, which is what I am replacing, and they covered pretty much everything in their new software options, I will not and cannot purchase a software where the company does not allow me some free demo months. If I couldn't demo and do one on one sessions with the software I was looking at and talk to techs, I wasn't interested. Deltek does not give you a free trial version and they are overpriced. Totally turned off by this company. They think they own the market in the AEC industry, and they really don't, but charge you like they do. Every software has a work around most of the time. I was determined to find one. Total Synergy...Never really gave this software a fair chance. With a walk thru demo, I was told something couldn't be done and just started looking elsewhere.

Kimberly

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We are particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design

Our small but rapidly-growing architectural firm was looking for a project management and billing solution. We were particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design.

Pros

It provides us with a single source to record employee time, manage project tasks, budget, invoice and track project performance. We took advantage of the various training packages and technical assistance BQE offers to help us get up-to-speed with CORE in a matter of months. BQE also worked with us to develop a custom invoice that provides our clients with current and past billing information in a clean and easy-to-read format. With the mobile app, our partners access CORE data anytime, anywhere, and can record travel expenses directly from their smartphones. BQE has demonstrated to us that they listen and responds to suggestions on how to make CORE an even better program for its users by providing regular updates and enhancements that incorporate our suggestions. We are very pleased with CORE and BQE.”

Cons

Everything is working for us and if it does not then that is what support is for. Like any other new software implementation there is a learning curve. We took advantage of the various training packages.

Reasons for choosing BQE CORE Suite

For its simple to use interface and definitely Mobil apps are far superior

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

We were using 4 applications to run our business We are Sharefile, Timefox, Quickbooks and MSExcel to track our projects and handle time/billing/productivity and forecasting. It was getting cumbersome

Cathy

Industry: Architecture & Planning

CORE has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data

As we continue to get more proficient navigating CORE, it has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data reducing the potential for errors in reporting and data transfer in multiple areas to better service our valued clients.

Pros

Project management and accounting real time data metrics anytime and almost anywhere through cloud based hosted subscriptions allowing quick response time to our valued clients. CORE has eliminated need for complicated spreadsheets and various other methods of housing project data. Coming from QuickBooks desktop accounting which we have used for almost 19 years, CORE accounting subscription has given us access to company financial data anywhere. We are utilizing Core for time tracking, expense reports, billing, project management and accounting.

Cons

The display as feature needs to be expanded and made specific to invoices and time cards. Core has ePayments for credit card and we are waiting for ACH feature which is going to be there somewhere in August.

Reasons for switching to BQE CORE Suite

it was difficult for our principals and project managers to have access to real time data. Too many programs to handle all our business requirenments.

Jaydra