• Pros

• "Stable, functional, has all the features and options we need. When we have questions or problems, customer service is extremely good - fast, very knowledgeable, very friendly."

• "The QR code scanner is the best part of the app. Recording every action, so you can see who did what is very useful."

• "Software makes tracking equipment very easy and quick. The program is appealing, and user friendly."

• Cons

• "The label printing doesn't have templates for a lot of every labels, and it's a bit awkward to print them manually."

• "Currently, there is no way to add in holidays and closed office days, which is quite problematic for us and requires us to be diligently checking each and every reservation that comes across."

• "Marking items lost on a check in is one that speaks for itself. M not checking in an item (to clear the checkout) then marking it missing."

Browse CHEQROOM Reviews

Gabriel from Purplepass Ticketing

Easy to use hardware/equipment management system with great support

Greatly simplified the management of our equipment rental, allowing us to handle more and more reservations without getting mixed up. It's now an absolute standard in our daily toolbox of things we use to run our business.

Pros

We looked around at several inventory management systems but none of them were right. Cheqroom is exactly what we were looking for. An easy to use cloud-based inventory management system that would allow us to keep track of equipment rentals between two different warehouse locations. It is pretty robust but is easy enough for everyone in the office to use it to enter reservations, check out gear, check it back in, etc. I'd say the best element of Cheqroom is the support. They are always quick to reply when I have a question or need help. More than that, they don't just give a short canned response - They really dig in deep, understand the challenge, test on their end, and provide several suggestions on how to address the issue I am facing. They really want you to succeed with their service and so far it's been a huge life saver for us. Lastly, they have taken feedback and suggestions that I've provided and actually implemented them extremely quick. These updates, although minor, have helped the service really fit right in and work exactly as we need. Cheqroom is one of those companies that I actually am happy and enjoy being a client of theirs. I'm proud of it. I hope as they grow, they stay awesome.

Cons

I will not call this a con, rather just a special request...(NOTE: We have already discussed this and it's been added on their development roadmap so this is not only not a con, it's a pro because they are planning on doing something like this at some point!) Would be great to be able to manage non-inventory items - Small things that we want to keep track of how many we provided in the rental but don't want to track each item individually (e.g. How many charging cables did we give them with their rental).

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Gabriel, Wow! Thanks so much for your great review, you just made our day! :) We love building CHEQROOM together with you and all our users. Stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) Let us know as always, if there is anything else we can do for you. -- Katalin

Joseph from SWC

This can do almost everything you need

I couldn't do much automaton in the beginning but the CheQRoom team us always working on improving and I have to say it does get better. Now they have build in automation and I don't have to use 3rd party software.

Pros

I love how you can setup automation from email to reminders and time alarms so I don't have to waist my time going through and finding who's late.

Cons

For my particular use the calendar is worthless, all I see is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] streaks all across the calendar.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

CheQRoom had the best features that I needed for what I was trying to do. Even in the beginning it couldn't do everything but now many of those features are added in.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Joseph, Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear that the email reminders and alarms are saving you so much time. I'll make sure the customer success team gets in touch to find out if they can help you out with the calendar. Cheers - Charlotte

Judi from J&J Custom Builds

Equipment Management

CheqRoom has been pretty convenient. While the mobile version is not quite as reliable as the desktop version, it serves it's purpose. We get a lot of use out of it.

Pros

I Like the feature of the QR code scanning. It completely eliminates the need for paperwork. I can always get through cheqroom quickly versus the time I would spend working on a spreadsheet, otherwise. Plus, it keeps up with everything in realtime so you can not beat the accuracy.

Cons

The mobile software does not always work as well as the desktop version works. It tends to be a little buggy and just randomly closes. Also, it tends to get irritating that the time on the due date always has to be reset.

Tyler from MacDon Industries

Industry: Machinery

Solid Structure and Process, UI & UX need improvement

CHEQROOM is a solid product for a dedicated userbase who can access its potential and implement strong processes and workflows. For the casual user if not clearly defined what to do can get lost in the sauce of the program and get overwhelmed. And upgrade or redesign of the UI/UX would be a great improvement especially if targeting broader applications. Was very useful in planning when multiple teams are using the same capital hardware (test equipment) and it has to be managed by multiple levels of priority and timelines.

Pros

Multi-use sign out and accountability on equipment was the most direct advantage when first implemented. The planning and reserving equipment was also ideal when project planning and evaluating resources working with other leaders to accommodate changing project timelines and requirements. Desktop and App integration was a good feature.

Cons

Found it difficult to get a hang of the check in and check out process. Could potentially be due to our implementation which I'm not sure how involved customer support was. We had in-house support from a engineering lab leader who led the sourcing and implementation. I found enough barriers in the process that I avoided it if not necessary to the task. I never went out of my way to try to implement it for my workflow rather used it sparingly when I had a specific request.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

SharePoint was too clunky and not supported for development by not IT department staff. CHEQROOM allowed a independent tool with specific features to be implemented quickly and allow our department get up and running.

MATTHEW from Aspect Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

Functional, flexible, and reliable software. Great customer service.

We have 20 daily users and another 20 occasional users, and a few hundred items to track. CheQRoom functions almost perfectly every day, every hour. Reliable. And if something seems wrong, customer service is very good.

Pros

CheQRoom works great for us. Stable, functional, has all the features and options we need. When we have questions or problems, customer service is extremely good - fast, very knowledgeable, very friendly.

Cons

The usability of the UI is good, not great. Even some experienced users occasionally make operating errors because the right button or feature is not prominent on certain pages or screens.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

We needed more functionality and needed access from office and field.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hey Matthew, Thanks for your super positive review :-) Glad to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you and your team. Our customer success team will be happy to hear you appreciate their work! Also, feel free to share more specific feedback on the UI with them if you haven't done so. All the best, Charlotte

Mary from Bowdoin College

Great product for tracking loaner equipment

I've just started using the program for my workcenter after switching from another program. It took a little getting used to because it was different than my other program but I am enjoying it now. The main point is that I know where my gear is and that is very important!

Pros

This software is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It allows my organization to make checkout and reservation records as well as keep details on all of our loaning gear. I like that it is easy to customize information on your own or with their help. Support is very helpful if needed.

Cons

Nothing at this time. I like the software.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

I was the only department using the program and I had to be on campus or VPN to use it. Another department was using Cheqroom so it made more sense to share one program. Cheqroom is easier to customize on your own.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for your 5 stars review of CHEQROOM! I'll share it with the entire team, it'll make their day :-) Cheers - Charlotte

Boyd from HEC-TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

CheqRoom helps track equipment with minimal effort

We are using this software to track video equipment with a group of freelance professionals. It is important to know where the equipment is and not have any double-bookings. Cheqroom has worked well in this regard.

Pros

I have been looking for different asset management software and have found that Cheqroom is really good at getting up and going quickly. It is great at finding asset pictures online so uploading isn't necessary.

Cons

The mobile software is buggy and doesn't seem to work exactly like the desktop version. Most of the freelancers seem to get confused with the assets and not always being able to find them. I generally have them use the Desktop version even though it is sometimes less convenient.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Cheqroom was much more user-friendly for the end-user and the administrator.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2019

Hi Boyd, Hope you're well and thanks for reviewing CHEQROOM! I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying it overall, but would like to learn more about your mobile app experience to see how we can improve it. :-) Hope to talk soon! Mathilde

Kevin from Grijsfilter

My go-to equipment management platform.

Pros

+ I tagged all my equipment with asset tags, and that saves me a lot of time. When I'm in a hurry, I can easily use the mobile app to check all my equipment in or out. + I also keep my invoices safe with the related equipment. That way, I never need to search. + Since many people are using our equipment, the flagging feature is crucial in our workflow. We can't afford to have broken equipment on set. This feature prevents us from losing time and motivation.

Cons

- Some things can be fixed with UX/UI. But once you know it it's fine.

- Saves me time - Easier to maintain - Notifications - Mobile app

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your review. I'm glad that CHEQROOM helps you save time and keeps you and your team motivated. Cheers! Charlotte

AnDrew from Weber State University

It is the easiest, cleanest way to manage all of our Film equipment, among 100+ students.

We gained the ability to monitor how our gear is being used. and a fair way to distribute it among all of our students.

Pros

I love the glossy feel. I love knowing where all our expensive gear is at any given moment. I love feeling like I'm in control. I like that I can create kits of gear, and pull items into repairs when needed. I like the calendar view a lot. I like having uniform labels for everything. Customer Service is fast and very helpful. I love that all users have signed a TOA and agree to our legal terms. That helps me as an administrator rest easy.

Cons

I really wish there was a better way to restrict items based on a users skill level. i.e., Someone in a basics class has access to certain camcorders, and other students in an advanced cinematography class have access to our DSLRs. As it is now, we're using locations as a weird work around. I don't like it much at all. it causes as many problems as it solves. If an advanced student wants to reserve lights and a DSLR.. they have to make two reservations, one from the 'advanced' location and the other from our 'basic' location. I really hope they add the feature to restrict gear rentals based on users skill level soon.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Andrew, Wow! Thank you so much for such a great review. We like that you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) We're working on new access restriction solutions. As always, let us know if you have a new request, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

Tom from HDI

This was the product we were looking for. Not too big and bloated yet not under powered and lacking.

This software gave us the ability to track all of the equipment we loan to internal customers. We can not only track the equipment but we can also see and be alerted to when it is due back.

Pros

The flexibility that Cheqroom gives us to handle assets to loan is great. It also provides many ways to look at your reservations, loans, and equipment. The feature I use the most as a manager is the Dashboard. I can quickly and easily see what equipment is out, when it is due, who has it, etc. Being web based makes it super easy to be able to quickly click on just about anything to look deeper. The most important feature for us is the ability for Cheqroom to create an electronic form for our customers that includes the terms of the loan and what they are borrowing.

Cons

One feature that is lacking is the ability to email people from the application. Having to pay for third party support is not great. I also am not thrilled about the reports. There is a very limited amount of canned reports and no option to create your own. Having the ability to export a report into Excel or CSV would be helpful as well.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Tom, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy to share with you that from now on you can configure automated notifications directly from CHEQROOM, no extra third party needed anymore! :) Stay tuned for the upcoming new features. :) Cheers, Katalin

George from Bob Jones University

Affordable and easy to use equipment tracking app

CHEQROOM has been attentive to our needs from day one. They have friendly, knowledgeable staff and great support. We have experienced excellent up time for the site and have only had minimal issues which were sorted out quickly. This product has greatly reduced our work load in managing equipment loans.

Pros

Integration with Active Directory QR codes and mobile app make it easy for our staff to help customers Dashboard tells you what you want to know about the status of equipment, reservations, and loans Ability to create kits is a plus Automated and customized notifications save a lot of time and work

Cons

There's not much to not like. I do think being able to set up multiple business hours to take care of regular, summer, and break schedules would be nice so that teachers putting in early reservations for the semester would not be restricted by summer hours. Also, we sometimes have issues with duplicate usernames in CHEQROOM as a whole so that some of our users in AD will not update correctly. It's a small number, and we have workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

CHEQROOM had more features included at an unbeatable price. Some other companies wanted to sell the additional features we needed in modules which made them unaffordable.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

Our current app was too difficult to maintain and did not have all the features we needed.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hi George, Thank you for your review 5-star review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us detailed feedback. It's also nice to read how CHEQROOM has been able to reduce your workload managing equipment loans. If they haven't done so already, I'll make sure CS gets in touch to see what they can do about the duplicate usernames. All the best - Charlotte

Alex from Marjan Television Network

Industry: Broadcast Media

Fantastic - but could be even greater

good, the tool is easy to use, and staff like it. the customer support is fantastic.

Pros

The ease of use. The use of barcode scanning & the ease of the barcode scanning to automatically thing this and kits.

Cons

The lack of a request & approve feature. Current, users can effectivily book their own equipment. We are an enterprise enviroment, and we need to allocate resources. So, it would be great for users to request items, and then have admins - approve deny books. Booking method for hourly resources - so we have meeting rooms, and it would be great if they were bookable in cheqroom, so we can have 1 system. These booking wouldnt require 'check out/in'. they would be reservations, for 'timed' slots. greater interation to slack. so notifications can be sent to individual members

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

I searched masses of products, over a 2 year peroid before I found check room. the ease of use of the barcode scanning tool for loading times and checking out was unbeatble. The notifications were the next best.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Alex, Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Nice to read that our barcode scanning is unbeatable - especially if you've researched so many alternatives ;-) The CS team will be happy to hear your feedback on their work too! They'll also get in touch with you to hear more about your feature requests. In the meantime, you can visit our public roadmap (cheqroom.com/roadmap/) to upvote the meeting room booking feature! All the best - Charlotte

Life-changing equipment management software

Great, small company. Very interactive. Always working to improve the software.

Pros

This software allowed me to simply my workflow tremendously. We used to use a combination of the library check out system, a google sheet for reservations and a printed sheet for accessories. Now it's all in one place. Cheqroom generates a PDF that is auto-emailed to students. This software has freed me up to take on and do so much other work, I'm not sure how I could go back to a time without Cheqroom!

Cons

Some of the setup can be a little complicated but their support is available to walk through any issues.

Cost

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi, Thank you for the great review. We're so happy to read that CHEQROOM changed your life and work. :-) Also: feel free to make your identity know to our CS team, they'd love to thank you for this review ;-) Cheers - Charlotte

Michelle from Rogers Media - Digital Content & Publishing

The website works okay, but the app experience is not great.

Making my shooters self-sufficient with reservations has been a game changer. It used to take up a huge chunk of my time just managing gear sign-outs, but now Cheqroom gives them the ability to put holds on coveted items and flags potential scheduling conflicts. That's awesome.

Pros

The most useful feature is using the software for gear inventory. Master online list of all equipment with serial numbers that you can sort through by different categories is a huge step up from a shared google document.

Cons

My department shooters mostly use the software to reserve equipment. They can predict gear conflicts prior to their shoot dates and sort it out amongst themselves. But the system to convert these reservations to check outs is sketchy. Often times, items will be held up in progress and won't convert properly. Also, because the app experience is so clunky, my shooters just won't convert their reservations. I usually do it for them, but often I miss them and then I can't retroactively check them out and back in again.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM, we appreciate it! Just wanted to let you know that we have a new version (3.5.15) of the mobile app available now, so hopefully your shooters will have a better experience using it! Feel free to reach out any time you're having questions, we're happy to help and make your experience as great as possible. All the best - Mathilde

Patrick from Arizona State University

Overall this is pretty good. It gets the job done and is better than paper and pencil for sure.

We moved off of pen and paper equipment loan tracking. We can see what is available when much more easily and users can have access to view whats available at any time and create their own reservations.

Pros

I like that we finally have our equipment in a digital web based system that can be accessed from anywhere. It looks great and our organization is satisfied with it.

Cons

Most users find that it is not intuitive. Even my staff who have been using it for 9 months now regularly get confused and make mistakes or need to ask for direction for simple tasks. I would prefer if it functioned more like online shopping where you can browse equipment adding items to your cart before starting a reservation. It is not very efficient to start a reservation and then use a different interface to search for additional items to add to it and no one seems to be able to find the drop down which allows one to select multiple items to build a reservation. This is the most noted user complaint. Often users make several reservations for the same day time, one for each item, and then we have to go back and manually combine them. (which is also not very efficient, if the same user has several reservations it should be simple to tell them to combine into one reservation)

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi Patrick, thanks so much for the feedback. I'd like to mention that we have added the feature of combining reservations by the same person on our roadmap. Also, when you go to your account, you'll see a lightning bolt symbol in the top-right corner. This could solve your problem as well, since it allows users to add items there to reserve during the day, as if you'd be using a 'shopping cart'. Hope you like it! - Mathilde

Janet from Butte County Office of Education

Technology Lending Library

Overall, our experience with CHEQROOM has been wonderful. It allows us to provide a service to our educational community that was previously impossible due to a lack of staff to manage. We find the customer service to be quite helpful and on-point. Although some of the features we would like to see enacted are not yet available, the communication with customer service, either directly or through Trello, keeps us informed as to the progress of these features.

Pros

We love the fact that the end-user can see product availability and book their own reservations. We also like that one reservation can include multiple pieces of equipment. The notification options for both end-users and administrators are a handy feature, and the ability to customize these notifications is wonderful! We also love the fact that there is a mobile app...our end-users love this feature!

Cons

Currently, there is no way to add in holidays and closed office days, which is quite problematic for us and requires us to be diligently checking each and every reservation that comes across. Also, there is no way to limit the reservation length currently, and this is also problematic.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Janet, Thanks for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you and your end-users. Your participation in our feature roadmap is also very much appreciated. Do stay tuned for the upcoming features ;-) All the best - Charlotte

Benjamin from Cal Poly Music Dept

Cheqroom is a custom fit Musical Instrument checkout management.

The customer support is above and beyond. They are active listener and really want to understand your application of their service. Once understood they come up with logical ways to implement your ideas into what functions they have. And they keep track of your request and will notify you if there is a new feature that may apply to you. They are the best I've worked with.

Pros

Checqroom has many advantages over other asset tracking solutions. The Navigation is efficient and provides many avenue to locating items, reservation, checkouts and report. The report and automated communications are very customizable with parameters that can pull information from item or contact details. Importing and Exporting information is well thought out and the SSO integration is a real time saver from a management perspective.

Cons

The only Con for us, is the cost. Comparatively, they are cheaper than the bigger players in the Asset Tracking service. Lesser services exist with much less features and customizability.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Ease of integration and customizations

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hi Benjamin, Thank you so much for your great review. Glad to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you. I'll also make sure the CS team knows how satisfied you are about their work ;-) All the best - Charlotte

Pouya from The Lab Creative Studio - Cornerstone Church

Streamlining Asset Management and Self-Checkout

Our production studio considered probably over a dozen asset management systems before we chose Cheqroom. Our consensus was that Cheqroom was the only forward moving company that really strived to innovate and take asset management and check-out into the 21st century. If you're curious about our workflow here it is: We run a creative studio within a church organization. People who handle our equipment range from creative professionals to departments that need to borrow, let's say a card reader. Each person on our production crew has their own account and they use the app to scan and self-check-out equipment. The departments can drop by anytime while our studio is open and we ring up their items for them under an account made just for their department as a whole. Self-checkout is HUGE and what takes it to the next level is the mobile apps. QRs are annoying once in a while, but great most of the time as they are the best choice for mobile/camera scanning. Barcodes work too but sometimes mobile cameras have a hard time resolving the close lines. Well those are my thoughts. Cheqroom is has worked well for us and until someone else does something significant on the block, it is pretty much a no-brainer. P.S. Did I mention that one of my favorite features about Cheqroom is assigning photos to an item?? Oh yeah, you just type in or copy and paste the item name and it automatically pulls a few photos from the internet. That's right. Welcome to the 21st century. Cheers.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Pouya, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! :) Don't forget to check out our new features: automated notifications, reporting and depreciation! And as always, let us know if we can help you with anything else, we're here for you! -- Katalin

Arik from Compass Academy

Great product, a bit too expensive

This product is exactly what we were looking for. Our high school has cameras and audio recording equipment that students can check out. We had been using just a Google Doc to keep track of it all. But Cheqroom was perfect for us. We labeled each item with a QR code and use a barcode scanner for check-in and check-out. The student aides that run the room have found the software very intuitive and easy to use. We have been able to manage reservations and checkouts far more effectively. The only complaint we have is the price. We have 60 or 70 items in inventory. There is a very reasonable price for 50 items, but the next step up is 250 items for $900 per year. We went ahead and did that, but I don't think we'll be able to justify that again in the future, so we'll have to figure out how to make 50 items work even though we have slightly more than that. If there were more incremental price increases based on the number of items (a 100-item option would be ideal), I would give the product 5 stars for sure!

Pros

Intuitive. Easy to set up and use. Effective inventory tracking. Great reservation making system.

Cons

The pricing scale makes too big of a jump from 50 items to 250 items.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied September 2017

Hi Arik, Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! I'm glad to tell you that in the meantime we also have a 100 item plan. Just go to your Account page and change your subscription. Whatever is left on your subscription during the downgrade, will become credit for the future! Would be great if you could bump us up to the 5-star review afterwards! ;) Cheers, Vincent

Great software that has helped us manage field equipment sharing across a large team.

Equipment/asset management, equipment sharing, detailed inventory, potential for automated equipment billing.

Pros

Easy to customize fields, excellent QR code scanning, and now built-in automatic notifications. I am hopeful we will have mobile push notifications soon so it's not always an inundation of Cheqroom emails. Customer support has been excellent and updates with tangible improvements are regularly being released.

Cons

The mobile app is often difficult for users and many people on our team prefer to always use the web app. The main reason for this is the lack of a calendar view in the mobile app. It is difficult to see if there will be conflicts with a particular reservation/checkout and can sometimes lead to issues with equipment transfer between users.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for reviewing CHEQROOm and sharing your thoughts. I'm also happy to hear that we have overall made your equipment management easier! I thought I'd mention that our new version of the mobile app can now show push notifications for due reservations and overdue check-outs, and the calendar view is definitely something we want to add. I'll keep you posted when it does and once again, thanks for sharing. All the best- Mathilde

Bradley from MacDon Industries

A good solution for inventory management.

- Ability to track inventory - Attach calibration sheets, instructions and information sheets to inventory items

Pros

Software provides a quick and easy way for our team to track and manage our inventory through an app on their smart phone. Customer service is quick and development team seems quite flexible in considering feedback from users.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to quickly and easily check the status of checkouts for any users that aren't Self Service. Due to how our department is structured, it doesn't make sense for our users to be Self Service.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying it so far. About the self-service roles, if I understood correctly you'd like to filter check-outs and only see the ones made by users or admins? A way of doing this is by using colored labeling. If you're not using them yet, you can set up different labels for different roles and filter it by color. Here is some more information: http://help.cheqroom.com/reservations-and-check-outs/organizing-bookings-with-colored-labels Hope this helps and if not, please reach out to us and we'll try and find a solution together! All the best - Mathilde

Brett from Life.Church

How Cheqroom saved our sanity

We will continue to use Cheqroom as long as we have camera gear to check out. As we grow, we will implement all of our new items as well. As our staff grows, our inventory grows, and Cheqroom can handle it all.

Pros

Cheqroom is a super easy software that we use to check out our gear on a daily basis. We love the simplicity of how it operates, the notifications if something is late, and knowing who has what at all times.

Cons

We have yet to find a single thing that we don't like about Cheqroom. It always functions correctly and the ease of use when you get items QR coded is amazing!

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Cheqroom was presented to us by our warehouse team. They knew the in's and out's of a "checkout" type system and highly recommended it to us.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hey Brett, Thank you so much for the 5-star, 10/10 review. We're very happy that you love CHEQROOM's ease-of-use and are looking forward to growing with us. Cheers - Charlotte

Mark from Homewood-Flossmoor High School

It works wells for us checking equipment in and out at our high school TV station.

Peace of mind knowing where our equipment is at and who has it.

Pros

Ability to track the equipment and then go back and look at records is a nice feature. Being able to put all of our equipment in and access it easily is also nice. Multiple equipment check outs has bceom easier too.

Cons

Would like to see customizable due dates- when I check someone out right now, I have to change the due date time every single time. Our stuff is always due at the same time the next day, and having to go in and physically change the time something is due is a pain. Would like to set it for 8:30am no matter what day it's due.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like most of our features and the ease of use. I understand that having a set due date would save you some time and I'm sorry we don't have that option available at the moment. I'll put your name next to this request so we will notify you when there's an update! All the best - Mathilde

Danielle from Iowa State Athletics

Perfect for Sports Media Production

We cover 18 sports at Iowa State and so there are a lot of events to cover in a given weekend. Cheqroom allows us to plan on who will being using what equipment so everyone can get what they need for a given video shoot. There is a lot less scrambling and messages of trying to figure out who has what equipment. It has also helped us hold people accountable for equipment they checkout. We have had a lot less items go missing. Overall it has been a huge time saving and cost saving system for our department.

Pros

The best part about the software is the ease of use. It is easy to add items to the system, easy to create reservations and checkouts and is easy to teach new users.

Cons

Occasionally we will have staff that have issues with the phone app, but most of the time closing the app and reopening resolves any issues.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Danielle, Thank you so much for the great review. Being able to save time and costs is exactly why CHEQROOM was built for :-). Glad to hear it's working so well for your department. Don't hesitate to report any issues encountered with the app at support@cheqroom.com All the best - Charlotte

David from Enviro-Stewards Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Great way of keeping equipment in order

This is a huge upgrade from Microsoft Outlook and there are still features I have yet to learn. I would highly recommend this product if you have experienced the same issues as me.

Pros

We have 40-50 different pieces of equipment and previously were using the equipment options in Microsoft Outlook; however, this became very sluggish with so much equipment. Cheqroom allows you to store and book out much more equipment and has organized it in a way that is user friendly and easy to see what equipment is available.

Cons

One thing that I do think would be useful to have is the ability to edit previous bookings. My team is notorious for forgetting to check in equipment for sometimes weeks. So if the equipment was only used for a week, on Cheqroom it appears that the equipment is booked out for 2 weeks. It would also be nice to be able to edit the start of the booking as sometime we forget to check the equipment out until days or weeks later. This would be a nice feature.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

Outlook was becoming overloaded with too much equipment. This made it run very slow and reduced the efficiency of the system.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hey David, Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review of CHEQROOM. Glad to know that the transition from your previous system has made such a difference for you and your team. I understand that it would be useful for you to be able to edit previous bookings... Unfortunately, we don't allow changes that go back in time - for now. All the best - Charlotte

Ashley from ASHMOR Group

The team are easy to work with. The implementation process was simple and user friendly.

Pros

The phone application and the barcode reader on are simple to use. Our staff can book out items in batches or groups. Cheqroom is an easy place to store information for quick and easy access

Cons

Items which require frequent calibration need to have a warranty period entered as a work around solution presently. If Cheqroom was to add a calibration date feature with reminder it would be great

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

We talked to the team from Cheqroom and they were friendly and gave us a sense of security. There were no issues and no high pressure sales tactics. Pleasure to work with

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

We wanted something that was cost effective and simple. We don't need a high end lifecycle management tool. Our field staff need a simple and intuitive platform to work from

Kaitlyn from University of Iowa Health Care

CHEQROOM is a great tool for accountability and knowledge amongst teammates and organizations.

Aside from fulfilling an audit requirement, we now have a process in place for equipment tracking and management that is working out very well for us. In reflection, we're quite lucky that the auditors saw the need for more accountability and specificity regarding our departmentally purchased gear. We know when to plan for shoots around other team members and their production schedules. We know what gear is available. And we now have an up to date log of the status of our gear, with the ability to flag a particular item when repair, replacement, or cleaning is necessary. CHEQROOM has created a greater sense of accountability, responsibility, and knowledge amongst our team and the broader institution.

Pros

CHEQROOM's scanning software is incredible. When utilizing the scan function for simple check out/check in or equipment it is executed with ease and speed. The log that that then generates on our profile is a great tool for accountability and insight. It's also a great resource for keeping up to date with equipment upkeep, i.e. repairs, replacements, and general cleaning.

Cons

The set-up and functionality is very easy when you're first getting started within CHEQROOM. However, we sometimes have difficulty with the ease of use when manually checking out/reserving items on the desktop. Specifically in compiling the list of items/kits for check out/reservation. The process isn't as intuitive as one would imagine. It appears to be a design issue. With some clarifying of information that is displayed on the screen I imagine this could be remedied fairly easily.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hey Kaitlyn, Thank you for reviewing CHEQROOM and glad to hear it has been helping you and your team a lot. We really appreciate your thoughts! I'd like to learn more about your struggles when manually checking out items and what information could be useful there. Could you perhaps send me a message at mathilde@cheqroom.com so we can come up with a solution? Thanks so much and talk soon! - Mathilde

Cheqroom Review

It has been easy to introduce, quick to learn, and student uptake has been excellent. It makes booking equipment out very easy.

Pros

Very easy to use, good self service facilities, able to book equipment by the hour. Always being updated, and adapted based on feedback. Good customer service. Good mobile app. Students have easy uptake.

Cons

Most of the cons have been dealt with. Main issue is that authorisation email is treated as spam by our servers - but this is true for everything.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Simplicity of use - good app. Flexible. Cheaper than EZ but dearer than MyTurn. Unlimited locations and admin. But mainly - good interface, and good response to enquiries

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

Need to have multi campus, small libraries. Needed to book out for hours, not full days.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied September 2019

Hi there, Thanks a lot for this great review. We're happy to hear that the app works so well for your students and that your equipment booking has become so easy. The customer success team will be happy to hear your feedback on their work too :-) Cheers! Charlotte

Leslie from 360 PRSolution LLC.

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Easy to setup the workplace, lot of customization option, very friendly customer support.

Product tracking, and we have no lost demo equipment, scheduling.

Pros

It has an extremely easy to use workplace. If you would like to track demo requirements, this is the best solution for it. It sends e-mail to the contact person about the check-out/check-in, you can schedule the units easily and it picks up the product image from the web. So you can clearly identify it. The mobile application is also easy to use. With the QR code support, we don't need any special hardware on field.

Cons

Right now, they have no domain customization, so the partners gets Cheqroom's e-mail, instead of my organization (can be good, can be not - depending the business). I need some usage right customization/separation, but overall, I can't tell any cons. Oh, I can. It doesn't supports Brother label printer. We have one from that brand, and it will be easier if I can print the labels directly. But I can live together with this...

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hi Leslie, Hope you're doing well and thank you so much for leaving this nice review! Glad to hear you've been enjoying CHEQROOM so far :) I understand you'd like to see domain customization and it's actually something we'll be working on soon. Feel free to vote on it here: https://trello.com/b/ac4ua5Jn/cheqroom-public-product-roadmap I'll also put your name next to this request and also next to the one about the user right customization, so you'll get notified when it has been implemented! Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with. Cheers! Mathilde

Randy from Jireh Industries

Industry: Oil & Energy

Cheqroom, some good, some needs work

The software does what it claims, we use it for all our demo and rental equipment.

Pros

The QR code scanner is the best part of the app. Recording every action, so you can see who did what is very useful. Being able to add photos is also beneficial.

Cons

I've contacted Cheqroom previously about the problem, that you can not see the SN entry in the app (because the keyboard covers it). I wish the photos and all information I attach to a reservation would carry through to the checkout. I review the checkout and check in the products, but I can't see the photos I took because they are in the reservation. Finally, when adding products, I want to be able to use existing photos already in our database when adding an identical item to our inventory.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Randy, Thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like the QR code scanner and being able to keep track of what happened to your equipment. Thanks for the feedback about the keyboard covering part of the app. I'll make sure to share your review with the customer success team so they can follow up on your feedback. All the best - Charlotte

Ricky from University of Florida

Easy to use. Very functional.

the BIGGEST benefit is that we've moved from a paper-and-pencil check out system to something that students can access on their phones wherever they are. Accessibility 24/7 is the BIGGEST BENEFIT.

Pros

We were able to have every student who needs to reserve video equipment access Cheqroom. It was extremely easy for everyone to use. Students access Cheqroom on their smartphones. We also have set up an iPad reservation station where students can use Cheqroom near where the video equipment lies, for easy check-out and check-in. I especially like that students must use Cheqroom when they return the equipment.

Cons

I've not had any problems with the software. It is extremely easy to use. We have around 70 students using Cheqroom, and -- so far -- no one has had any problems/issues with the program.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hi Ricky, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you and your students enjoy our app so much -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! Let us know if you have suggestions or if you run into any issue, we're always here for you! -- Katalin

Steve from The Bike Bistro

Works great for our bike shop rental program. I'm sure we don't even use all of the product features

Streamlined our rental process which the Lightspeed Module is not as easy to use and more costly.

Pros

The graphics and ease of use. Editing and set up has improved since we started with the Beta versions.

Cons

Not always as intuitive as I'd like. Wish the calendar went by dates, not days of the week. It is cumbersome to refer to a calendar for the actual date not Monday to Friday, for example.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Heya Steve, thanks so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. We really appreciate your thoughts and are happy to hear it is going so well. About the calendar view, you should see the dates as well as days of the week. But feel free to reach out at mathilde@cheqroom.com if you wanted to see something more specific! Thanks in advance - Mathilde

Danny from ATLAS Institute

Highly Approachable Inventory Management

In general, getting going was so easy, and I've seen the team add new features regularly. Customer support has been top notch, and our inventory management is so much smoother than it was before.

Pros

Getting my inventory setup was a breeze, and customer support has been super responsive.

Cons

My organization is complex, with different internal locations, mixtures of students, faculty, etc. I would like more granular control over availability, hours and reservations by location.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Cost/Ease of use/Fit for our organization

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Danny, Thank you for your great review. Glad to read that your inventory management got so much smoother thanks to CHEQROOM. The customer success team will appreciate your feedback on their work too :) They'll also be happy to help you find a better worklflow for the complexity of your organization. All the best, Charlotte

Hannah from University of Washington- School of Nursing

Industry: Computer Hardware

Cheqroom for equipment deployment and inventory

I really enjoy Cheqrooms, it has made my work a lot easier and helps to keep my entire team more organized and our equipment coming back on time. Overall, our department is much more professional and organized after the switch to your software. Thank you!

Pros

I like the user-friendly features. It is very straightforward when creating items and profiles. I like the option of creating and deleting fields as well.

Cons

I wish to customize the emails that are sent out to customers. Often time they look like spam and I would like to change the message to suit our use and personnel.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

Samanage did not have true check-out features and it was too costly.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hey Hannah, Thanks for your great review! It's really nice to hear that CHEQROOM made your department more professional and organized, that's exactly what we built this software for! I'll make sure the customer success team gets in touch with you to walk you through the email customization options. All the best - Charlotte

Artjoms from DJI

One of the best equipment handling softwares

Easy to use and take care of the equipment. Easy to upload lists and images for the equipment. Excellent customer support. Elegant and easy to work with design. Although pricey...

Pros

It is very intuitive to work with and the customer support as well as tutorials and feedback that they do is incredible. You feel that there are real people behind it and you can always reach them when you really need. They even implemented a few features in their app after I asked them if that is possible!

Cons

Not sure, to be honest. Maybe some small things like duplicating assets or changing the names, but overall use is really good.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

I cannot think of any other good keeping system which would do the job so good. Are there any?

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Archie, Thanks for your super nice review. It's really nice to hear that you appreciate the work of our customer support team and our tutorials. We enjoy making them as well ;-) By the way: have you checked out our videos lately? Hop on YouTube if you haven't! We're building CHEQROOM for our customers, so we're always happy to hear how we can improve your experience. Stay tuned for more upcoming features! Cheers - Charlotte

Mike from UBC SOJ

Great system for managing our school's equipment needs.

Pros

Ease of use and easy to train new staff on, mobile apps, reporting and inventory management. Quick to add items and audit chain of custody.

Cons

Number of steps required to check out. No auto-complete on mobile. Sometimes buggy and requires reloading. No portal for reservation requests by students.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hey Mike, Hope you're well and thanks so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. Happy to hear it's been going well, and I understand you'd like to see auto-complete and a portal for reservation request (approval process). Those features are both on our roadmap so please go ahead and vote for the ones you'd like to see happen first! If you have any other feature request or thoughts you'd like to share, you can reach out any time! Best - Mathilde

Scott from cowleys pest services

Industry: Public Safety

review

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to track our tool inventory on a daily basis.

Cons

Could be a little easier to extend the length of time a product is out. Also checking out inventory can a little confusing sometimes from the app. Easier to do on the computer as it doenst always show all of the tools listed in inventory

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hi Scott, Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Happy to read that you like the ease of use and that it makes your inventory tracking smoother. Did you know we recently published a video on how to check out inventory with the mobile app? Might be handy for you: video.cheqroom.com/how-to-do-check-outs If you have any other questions, CS will be happy to help you. All the best - Charlotte

Jason from idGROUP

Great product. It's brought much needed order to our equipment inventory, and users like it.

Pros

Good set of features, which covers everything we need it to do. Nice clean interface; users figured it out with little trouble. The team behind it seems motivated and friendly.

Cons

These are very minor, but two suggestions. 1) Have reservations/checkouts update without having to refresh the page. 2) In the grid view of reservations/checkouts, add a title attribute to the img tags for the thumbnails, so you can hover on them and see the item's name without having to open up the reservation or checkout.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Jason, Thanks so much for such a great review! We'll discuss your suggestions; just stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) As always, let us know if we can help you with anything else! -- Katalin

So far my experience as been good. Fairly easy, good customer support, fair pricing.

Easily understand the schedule of our equipment.

Pros

Import CSV file of equipment. Easy view calendar. PDF report generation and comments. Generally easy to get setup.

Cons

Selecting equipment when doing a reservation is clunky. It could be made a lot better. The whole "load more items" thing is kind of dumb. It's weird going from reservation to "checking out" to checked out. We don't have external users for this, we just use it to manage the equipment in our office. I should just be able to click a button and say the equipment is checked out. It would be good to track the amount we charge equipment out at per-day of reservation. We currently charge our equipment out at per day basis. If we could track that in cheqroom it would be very interesting info to have.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hi there, thanks so much for having taken the time to leave us a review. It's very much appreciated! I'd love to learn more about your current workflow so I could help you find a solution for the reservation process. If you don't want to use the 'load more items' option, you can always just scan the asset labels of the items you'd like to book or then type in the name of the item. This will save you some time during the reservation process! Also, I understand you'd like to have just the one button that is used for check-out. We wanted to add the extra step in between the booking and check-out in order to give you the option to still edit the check-out before confirming it. And about the per-day charge, perhaps you could add a custom field that would state the charge per item? Just a thought! :) Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with. Feel free to send me an email at mathilde@cheqroom.com! Cheers - Mathilde

Kevin from The College of New Jersey

Great Value!

Customer service is responsive and always pleasant.

Pros

The features are similar to other products that are 5 times the cost.

Cons

does not have some of the features that more expensive systems have.

Reasons for Choosing CHEQROOM

Cheqroom had the best Price for features contained in system.

Reasons for Switching to CHEQROOM

Better features and cloud based.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Don't hesitate to share specific feature requests with our customer success team :-) Cheers - Charlotte

Josh from School of Visual Communication, Ohio University

Essential software!

This product is essential and the service team is great! My life is easier because of it.

Pros

Makes it easy to track all equipment checkouts past and present!

Cons

Many features are continually being added, which is good. However, sometimes these features are updated suddenly, which can change how we use the software in the middle of a busy week, making it hard to adapt quickly.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2020

Hey Josh, Wow! Thanks for the nice review, makes my day to read that your life is easier because of CHEQROOM! I'll make sure the CS team contacts you to hear more about the issues with sudden updates and see how we can improve that in the future. All the best - Charlotte

Zoe from DoubleTake Sports

Simple, Effective and Easy to Use

Overall, we are very pleased with the Cheqroom software. It fulfils all our needs for the business and is simple and easy to use. I am most impressed with the customer support, over both the online chat box and emails. The team members always go above and beyond to assist you with any issue you have and even when I didn't get the answer I wanted to hear, I was satisfied with their response.

Pros

Obviously, going through and tagging and entering every piece of equipment was going to be a chore. But, using Cheqroom to do so, was simple and easy. We were looking for a simple piece of software that also has enough features to be worth our time and money, and Cheqroom fulfils all our needs.

Cons

There are features that our business could use that are missing from the Cheqroom software such as being able to delete an item and enforcing that users have to scan the barcode in order to check-out an item. However, I understand that there will always be features that would be useful to specific businesses and not all these can be fulfilled. The team at Cheqroom have been very satisfactorily answering any questions or requests I have had regarding the software.

Brandon from Verizon

Brandon 5/26/2020

My overall experience with CHEQROOM is satisfactory. The customer support team is very helpful with our needs and do the best they can to help us customize the interface for our use case.

Pros

What I like most, is the ease of being able to track company assets. The flags, and custody functions are very helpful for our tracking.

Cons

What I like the least, is the reporting functions. I feel that the reports are mostly for checking in and out items and we do not really use those functions.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Brandon, Thanks for your great review of CHEQROOM. Glad to hear you're finding the flags and custody features so helpful. The CS team will be happy to hear your feedback on their work too. They'll be in touch to further discuss how you'd like to use the reporting functionalities and how we might be able to help. All the best - Charlotte

David from Art Gallery Of Ontario

Exactly what our organization needed.

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive. Was a breeze to get it setup and runnIng right from the first day. Once all our equipment had been entered into the system we were on our way.

Cons

Templates are difficult to create. Like a frustrating version of excel. It's just a little buggy at times. I think what would really help would be more in depth instructions.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hi David, Thank you very much for the feedback and I'm glad to hear it was so easy to set it all up! I understand the templates can be a bit tricky to create but we are always happy to help and set them up together! Just shoot us a message of what you'd like to accomplish and we're on it. We've also created a help article on how to edit them: http://help.cheqroom.com/reservations-and-check-outs/generating-pdf-documents Hope this helps! All the best - Mathilde

Karl from University of Oklahoma Film and Media Studies

Perfect solution for University Media Gear Rental

We've been using Cheqroom for two years now at a major state university in the US for video gear checkout/rentals for students and faculty. We demoed several solutions for our 200+ piece gear library, and Cheqroom was far and above the best. It's very easy to set up and use, they continually improve the software, and the staff is super responsive to suggestions. I couldn't imagine running my lab without this service.

Pros

Cons

Wish I could automatically print out a PDF agreement when I checked out

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied March 2017

Hi Karl, Thanks for taking the time to review our software! It's words like these that makes our team super proud to have you as a customer and continue to strive to make our tool better. Cheers, Vincent

It has a lot of functionality, but with all this functionality it gets hard to understand sometimes

No more paper lists with all kind of scribbles but a good tool to keep track, all time everywhere.

Pros

You can do almost anything you want and there are a ton of features I dont even use. It helps us to keep track of everything and by this keep our users accountable for our products.

Cons

It should be able to use Cheqroom in a stupid simple mode for user to only checkout and checkin items for others. We use it to keep track of our cameragear but our infrequent user sometimes get lost in all the options to checkout: item, reservations,calendar, checkout. That's why sometimes our item won't get checked out correctly. A mode in which it is possible to only make a checkout or a check in would be great.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied June 2018

Hi there, Thank you so much for reviewing CHEQROOM and we really appreciate your thoughts. For some users it can seem a lot if they'd only use CHEQROOM for check-outs, but you can give them the self-service role and adjust their access the way you'd like. I'd love to tell you more about it and how we can set it up together for your team, so feel free to reach out to me (mathilde@cheqroom.com) at any time. I'd be happy to help! Best - Mathilde

Dennis from Bonaire Youth Outreach Found.

Pretty good software

Pros

I liked the easy of use of Cheqroom. Also the possibility to use it via an app is awesome.

Cons

What I least liked is the flexibility. I feel restrained with Cheqroom. Also, I did not like the support before I purchased Cheqroom. I did not get a response on my emails.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied May 2020

Hi Dennis, Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Glad to hear that you like the ease of use of the software and being able to use it on your mobile device. Our sales team strives to answer all questions in the shortest possible time span, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the answers to your questions and weren't satisfied with the support. Our customer success team will get in touch with you to hear more about why you feel restrained and see what we can do to help. Thanks again. Charlotte

Chris from WRNS Studio

Been using it to manage IT equipment checkout and so far it works well.

many, it's easy to use and web based.

Pros

I like that I can quickly and easily reserve equipment for people when I need to and that I can give users the ability to make reservations themselves. Being web based is a major plus.

Cons

The cost for the product once you get past 50 items is a bit more than i would like, but it get's the job done and i haven't found anything I like more so I suppose it's worth it.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Chris, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy that you're enjoying the app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) Thanks again, Katalin

Guy from aurec

Very good make life easy

Pros

That everything is under one app and I can use my phone do all checking and checkout that all

Cons

The new dashboard I don't like it's not giving me info and make thing not easy to see what's going on

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Guy, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy that you're enjoying CHEQROOM! We'd be glad to help and see what and where you'd like differently on our dashboards. Thanks again! Katalin

Vlad from Education

Best booking software I have ever used

Pros

New features and adjustments are implemented regularly, support team is excellent and the includes features I need at a reasonable cost

Cons

You can't allocate equipment to different types of users - for example, we have undergraduate and postgraduate students and at times we need to restrict the use of certain equipment to postgrads only, for example.

Response from CHEQROOM

Replied April 2018

Hey Vlad, Thanks so much for sharing such a good review. We're so happy that you're enjoying the app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! Cheers, Katalin