• Pros

• "Easy to use at the restaurant level. Our people really enjoy it and are onboard quickly. "

• "This system is very easy to use and doesn't take long to teach others how it works. I like how simple it is to change a users rights so they can have access to more reports."

• "The different reports and information that you have access to from any device is awesome. Also that you can see how the numbers compare to different time periods"

• Cons

• "I honestly haven't had any bad experiences with this software. The hardest part was getting it set up initially with all of our regular products, after that it has been smooth and easy to use."

• "We did not use the schedule tool in ctuit. You will need a great admin to map all items and build you prep tool. "

• "There are always bumps when there is a new rollout and sometimes it makes life more difficult. Customer support can take awhile as well."

Browse Compeat Reviews

Charles from Smith & Wollensky

Unbeatable Inventory Management

There are countless benefits to using Compeat. It is excellent for large operations with high volume sales.

Pros

Once set up for your location is complete it makes managing inventory and ordering from vendors incredibly simple. You will be able to locate problem areas quickly.

Cons

Set up is extremely time consuming and you will definitely pay for the benefits it provides.

Jessica from Power Plant Live!

The Hospitality Industry Needs This Program!

This program has changed the tracking of funds for our company. It is easy for multiple users across the country to have access to our financial breakdowns. This has made a huge impact with our accounting department, holding mangers responsible for inventory issues, keeping a running safe log and communicating between users about each shift. This has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it to anyone in the hospitality industry. This will make your life so much easier after you initially get it set-up to contain all of the items you purchase on a regular basis. Do yourself a favor and stop stressing the financials, this program will do it for you!

Pros

This software program makes processing every financial transaction so easy! We are able to track safe counts, leave important messages in the Manager Log, our food deliveries are auto-batched into the accounts payable section and all products we purchase are entered into this system. We can enter invoices and break them down to the cost of individual items, tax, proper categories and so much more.

Reasons for Switching to Compeat

We have districts across the US and this allows us to all be on the same page with each other as well as our corporate office. It also makes it very easy to catch financial errors or issues.

The Good and Bad

Overall the software is good. Be prepared to figure a lot out on your own! Compeat is super focused on rolling out new software and have been promising new stuff for years. But they never cross the finish line. It is somewhat like a comedy of errors.

Pros

It is a great software for Multi Unit Restaurant Companies.

Cons

Never Udpates. Same software for the past 7 years. SLOW Customer Service is lacking They describe themselves as Restaurant Professionals....ahh no...They work 9-5. Take off a week a year for a conference and dont work weekends. They do not understand the restaurant space which is disheartening.

Alex from Talula's Garden

Robust Analytics

Has been great for keeping track of product and loss

Pros

Super granular data available for analysis. Fully loaded with features for data reporting and analytics.

Cons

UI isn't great. Very little guidance within the software to help you find what you're looking for if you don't already know how.

Kadi from Stark Enterprises

Accounting Assistant Review

Pros

I really love how easy it is for me to use Compeat. I can search, enter, void, etc. very easily. Anything that i am unable to do - I can easily search in the help box. I also like the fact that Compeat has a lot of warnings. IE when entering something in the wrong period or something duplicated. It makes it easier to not make mistakes.

Cons

We have been using Compeat for 7 years. Recently we had a switch in POS system and we were supposed to have an integration complete by Compeat with Harbortouch. There has been a serious lack of communication from Compeat. I would have given Compeat 5 stars in all categories if it were not for this. We have been loyal customers but out needs are just no longer being met.

Joely from joely@bardenay.com

We have been using Compeat for over 10 years and every year, the software gets more comprehensive.

Pros

Inventory tracking, daily sales reports, the integration of Payroll, scheduling and hiring and controllable costs tracking.

Using in Large National Company

Pros

- Flexible and customized to meet specific reporting needs - Scale-able to many locations -Support is quick to respond

Cons

- Have had trouble contacting accounting -Merging with Compeat - unclear how that will affect product

Jessica from Honor Society

Love Compeat

Compeat has great tools and functionality. The set up of the software is long and intensive, but if done correctly gives you all the reporting you never knew you needed.

Pros

Vast reporting and great customer support.

Cons

Can be slow at times.

We use this for our restaurant inventory. It allows our locations to all have the same information.

Pros

It's very helpful in staying consistent with our inventory at each location. It allows us to streamline our process.

Cons

The implementation period was challenging. Not sure of the customer support. Seemed to be all on us to figure it out.

Toby from Pike Brewing

Industry: Food Production

Ok for sales reports

Pros

It makes searching by report type more efficienct

Cons

Setting up employee permissions is tedious

grace from Mamma mias

No problems

I really enjoy Using compeat and feel like it makes my life at work a lot easier! During my manager training The consulting company that we used, explained that a lot of restaurants don’t even use any program like this. So I am very grateful we have it!!!

Pros

As a first time restaurant manager, the ease of using compeat is great. Whether it is Doing the scheduling or an inventory issue, I am going to get it all done from and find all my info there. I like having a one stop shop to do all of my work. . Doing the ordering is very easy as well because all of our vendors are uploaded into compeat.

Cons

The only thing I would say I don’t like Is that it such a big program there is so much information, it’s hard to know all of it. I feel like daily I learn something new about compeat which is great but I wish I had like a crash course on it when I started working with the program.

Blaine from Buffalo wild wings

Industry: Restaurants

Simple to use! Detailed information about your business and trends.

The software allowed us to control hours and product. Ultimately driving big dollars to our bottom line.

Pros

Data is hyperlinked to allow a detailed drill down of given data. Checks can be reproduced easily. Labor and P&L are redily available. Messages can be communicated to staff and management team with ease. The prep tool is incredible!

Jordan from Stark Enterprises

compeat

Pros

Cons

Our company switched to a different POS system and compeat is not compatible. This makes it very difficult and time consuming to manually enter the data that used to be automatically pulled.

Diane from Inner Stream Media

I use Media Radar on a daily basis to find key marketing and agency contacts for my biz

Pros

Up to date information on companies and agencies; plus they send me alerts on new employees. Media Radar team is on point and always helpful. The software is easy to use and companies are easy to research.

Cons

Doesn't give B2B info for many companies; also doesn't give Diversity or Human Resource contacts which is necessary for my business

Liam from Sweetgreen

We use this for inventory management

Pros

I've been using compeat for years. It's got everything we need to keep track of inventory, waste, ordering, and invoices.

Cons

It's pretty straightforward to use so I don't have any issues there, but occasionally it'll decide to update overnight and we'll have trouble getting in the next day

Mehgee from Fresh Brothers

Easy Restaurant Management

Easily enter shift notes on the go.

Pros

Easily enter in notes for the day. Quickly see sales and labor goals. Manage schedules from your smart phone.

Cons

Notes entered are not formatted correctly once submitted. (I.e. When making lists in notes, each item is next to each other instead of on separate lines after submitting).

George from Rubys MV, Inc

Industry: Restaurants

This is great software that you can access from anywhere, computer, phone, etc. It has a lot of feat

cost controls

Pros

Cons

The cost is a bit high, and every few weeks you have to change the passwords is annoying. Otherwise grear software.

Lauren from Greer Companies

Average Accounting Software

Pros

I liked that it was easy to attach documents to each entry for paperless software.

Cons

Not super user friendly if you have multiple companies.

Hailley from Food & Beverages

Tons of info available.

Pros

I can pull receipts for multiple restaurant properties extremely easily. These reports are primarily what I use the software for.

Cons

There are multiple steps to pulling specific receipt that seem like they could be streamlined. Also, you have to log back out and log in to see receipts for different restaurants within the group and can't view them within the same session.

Kelcie from Snooze

Compeat

Pros

Cons

At an organizational level, this was really difficult. Does not support large organizations super well. Difficult to support multiple entities at once.

Bethany from KC Hopps

Horrible Customer Service

We hired them, and they make you do your own database work! For a multi-concept, menu restaurant group, this costed us MANY man hours. We needed a custom spread sheet export for our payroll company, and they would not bend, think outside the box or try to help in any way! We are now trying to get out of the contract we signed, because we are so upset with this process. It's been a headache the entire way.

Pros

There is nothing to like. We are not happy.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. No communication kills.

January 2014

Robert from Used at SRC

January 2014

Ctuit brings the Information Age to smaller restaurant companies.

The biggest restaurant companies have had great business intelligence systems for years giving them an advantage over smaller companies. Ctuit makes world class business intelligence available at a pricing structure that any company can afford. Pros: Easy to use. Easy to learn. Powerful. Expansive information. Affordable Cons: Some modules are not up to 100% yet. (Event manager for example) Doesn't push back to POS system (labor scheduling for example doesn't manage time clock). Overall: it's a game-changer for the industry.

Kimberley from Comet Management

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Multiple uses

Pros

I like that I can sort data and easily export to suit my needs though out the day.

Cons

Customer service does not always respond quickly, can leave you in a bind.