• Pros

• "Easy to use at the restaurant level. Our people really enjoy it and are onboard quickly. "

• "This system is very easy to use and doesn't take long to teach others how it works. I like how simple it is to change a users rights so they can have access to more reports."

• "It is a great software for Multi Unit Restaurant Companies. "

• Cons

• "There are always bumps when there is a new rollout and sometimes it makes life more difficult. Customer support can take awhile as well."

• "Customer service does not always respond quickly, can leave you in a bind."

• "Our company switched to a different POS system and compeat is not compatible. This makes it very difficult and time consuming to manually enter the data that used to be automatically pulled."

Browse Compeat Advantage Reviews

grace from Mamma mias

No problems

I really enjoy Using compeat and feel like it makes my life at work a lot easier! During my manager training The consulting company that we used, explained that a lot of restaurants don’t even use any program like this. So I am very grateful we have it!!!

Pros

As a first time restaurant manager, the ease of using compeat is great. Whether it is Doing the scheduling or an inventory issue, I am going to get it all done from and find all my info there. I like having a one stop shop to do all of my work. . Doing the ordering is very easy as well because all of our vendors are uploaded into compeat.

Cons

The only thing I would say I don’t like Is that it such a big program there is so much information, it’s hard to know all of it. I feel like daily I learn something new about compeat which is great but I wish I had like a crash course on it when I started working with the program.

Kadi from Stark Enterprises

Accounting Assistant Review

Pros

I really love how easy it is for me to use Compeat. I can search, enter, void, etc. very easily. Anything that i am unable to do - I can easily search in the help box. I also like the fact that Compeat has a lot of warnings. IE when entering something in the wrong period or something duplicated. It makes it easier to not make mistakes.

Cons

We have been using Compeat for 7 years. Recently we had a switch in POS system and we were supposed to have an integration complete by Compeat with Harbortouch. There has been a serious lack of communication from Compeat. I would have given Compeat 5 stars in all categories if it were not for this. We have been loyal customers but out needs are just no longer being met.

The Good and Bad

Overall the software is good. Be prepared to figure a lot out on your own! Compeat is super focused on rolling out new software and have been promising new stuff for years. But they never cross the finish line. It is somewhat like a comedy of errors.

Pros

It is a great software for Multi Unit Restaurant Companies.

Cons

Never Udpates. Same software for the past 7 years. SLOW Customer Service is lacking They describe themselves as Restaurant Professionals....ahh no...They work 9-5. Take off a week a year for a conference and dont work weekends. They do not understand the restaurant space which is disheartening.

Jordan from Stark Enterprises

compeat

Liam from Sweetgreen

We use this for inventory management

Pros

I've been using compeat for years. It's got everything we need to keep track of inventory, waste, ordering, and invoices.

Cons

It's pretty straightforward to use so I don't have any issues there, but occasionally it'll decide to update overnight and we'll have trouble getting in the next day

Joely from joely@bardenay.com

We have been using Compeat for over 10 years and every year, the software gets more comprehensive.

Pros

Inventory tracking, daily sales reports, the integration of Payroll, scheduling and hiring and controllable costs tracking.

Kelcie from Snooze

Compeat

Pros

Cons

At an organizational level, this was really difficult. Does not support large organizations super well. Difficult to support multiple entities at once.

Jessica from Honor Society

Love Compeat

Compeat has great tools and functionality. The set up of the software is long and intensive, but if done correctly gives you all the reporting you never knew you needed.

Pros

Vast reporting and great customer support.

Cons

Can be slow at times.

Lauren from Greer Companies

Average Accounting Software

Pros

I liked that it was easy to attach documents to each entry for paperless software.

Cons

Not super user friendly if you have multiple companies.

Bethany from KC Hopps

Horrible Customer Service

We hired them, and they make you do your own database work! For a multi-concept, menu restaurant group, this costed us MANY man hours. We needed a custom spread sheet export for our payroll company, and they would not bend, think outside the box or try to help in any way! We are now trying to get out of the contract we signed, because we are so upset with this process. It's been a headache the entire way.

Pros

There is nothing to like. We are not happy.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. No communication kills.

We use this for our restaurant inventory. It allows our locations to all have the same information.

Pros

It's very helpful in staying consistent with our inventory at each location. It allows us to streamline our process.

Cons

The implementation period was challenging. Not sure of the customer support. Seemed to be all on us to figure it out.

Kimberley from Comet Management

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Multiple uses

Pros

I like that I can sort data and easily export to suit my needs though out the day.

Cons

Customer service does not always respond quickly, can leave you in a bind.