• Pros

• "I like that this software is very self explanatory and easy to use. Very organized and again, easy to navigate."

• "Easy to use and I like how it's linked to expense it and the two work hand in hand to make it easy to expense bills "

• " Very easy to understand and navigate the application"

• Cons

• "This program works well, but importing receipts can be slow and the App can struggle at times if no internet access is available."

• "The interface is okay but it takes too many clicks and too much refreshing to input even single expenses. Expense grouping and favoriting functions exist, but could easily be improved."

• "The user interface on the desktop version is kind of clunky and could use an update, but the mobile app version is fine."

Browse Concur Expense Reviews

Daniel from Instrumentation Laboratory, A Werfen Company

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Renaud from ENDRA

Fully featured , comprehensive app

Have been using concur for many years in small or large businesses. Product is relatively easy to use for the amount fo features it has. Very comprehensive. Has evolved nicely.

Pros

Full feature, relatively easy to use and integrate. Nice evolution from the beginning Good mobile application Adding features regularly

Cons

Can be slow to use Not always very intuitive Credit card integration may not be flawless While using the trip booking system, does not always display all options, hence takes longer than necessary

Rose from American Dreams, LLC

Not what was described but useful in some aspects for invoice processing

It keeps all of our invoices in one place.

Pros

Concur keeps all of our invoices in one place and allows all of our teams to review them without the hassle of invoices getting lost in the abyss of never-ending emails. Allows for comments from each user which can be viewed by all who receive the inv. Inv PDF can be downloaded and replaced, Inv extract captures each invoice line in excel which is useful. Duplicate inv. feature works great when OCR gets inv number right. Ability to edit invoices is great and we can see who changed what and the date using the audit trail but we can't export or capture this info.

Cons

It takes a min of 2 days to get an inv into the system but often takes longer and has taken up to 8, system often duplicates invoices or does not ever show up even though we get confirmation so we can't have them sent directly to concur, OCR sftw is not good, requires manual review. PO's don't work if you have to revise them. PO import also doesn't fully work and retains old info after updated. Thus PO/inv matching is useless. Does not offer inv. tracking so we still manually track them. No way to determine inv time w/ each employee or turnover time in a rept or export due to "system limitations." No useful/functional reporting. Auto routing does not work on project basis so we must manually route. No way to capture approvals w/ inv so we must screenshot every one and attach to PDF download. Can't use approval flows for projects and have to approve through comments and manually route. Employees can't see invoices after passing them to next person so finance still has to manually send copies upon request. System offers restrictions but all employees can access and change these settings eventhough they are not set as an admin and are supposed to have restrictions, which means they could bypass final review by accounting. Employees often chance currency type for other countries not knowing we pay in USD only, we can't lock this so the export fails if we don't catch it and finally; it took almost 4 months to get up and running w/ concur so we didn't even get to use free trial.

Jeff from Tuff Shed

The app is so easy!

Our expense tracking was fairly rudimentary and manual prior to using Concur. In just the few years that I have been using the software, new features have been rolled out that our company has embraced. The feedback that I've received from our accounting teams is great. It is playing well with our other software systems. As stated above, I love the app!

Pros

My favorite part of this software is the companion mobile app. The desktop software is great but the mobile version utilizes what all smartphones have- a camera! The "ExpenseIt" feature is super easy to photograph your receipts and categorize expenses. It is relatively smart (ie; knows that food from restaurant X is probably a meal expense) and begins to learn your tendencies for category coding. Once I know that the receipt image is in Concur, I no longer have to keep the paper. I'm now in the habit of using the app as soon as I have a receipt in hand. So easy! I don't travel as much as our outside sales team, but there is also a great feature that I use occasionally and they use daily called "Concur Drive". It's a mileage tracker that automatically calculates your reimbursable mileage and uploads to your expenses file for you.

Cons

The desktop application takes some training as it's not entirely intuitive. We have hundreds of users, so we have dedicated training modules hosted in person or online.

Lashundra from Jackson Hewitt

Concur for travel expense

Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Melany from SNC-Lavalin inc.

Nice interface

We use the Concur expense app to bid, audit and approve expense reports. This application is perfect for this kind of use.

Pros

Very easy to understand and navigate the application

Cons

Sometimes difficult to see the bills appear

Bernard from Neoleukin Therapeutics

Industry: Biotechnology

SAP Concur

The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pros

It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Cons

It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

Reasons for Choosing Concur Expense

Most of my staff had experience using Concur before. So it made training easier.

SAP Concur for Expense reimbursement.

SAP concur is an ok software product and we are using it for purchase management as well as expense reimbursement.

Pros

SAP Concur is a pretty good software product for expense reimbursement for the entire company and seems to work well with other 3rd party products

Cons

The user interface for this software product is pretty dated and could do with a refresh to make it a bit more user friendly.

So easy to use, great tool for tracking finances

We use this product for finance tracking. It allows all of our department heads to enter their finances and code them to the correct GL. In previous positions everything has been manual, filled out on PDFs and entered into the finance system by an accounting clerk. This system is of course off the charts better than this method.

Pros

As a user of this product, it is incredibly easy to navigate! The app makes it easy to photograph receipts and log them right then and there, which is PERFECT since then I’m less likely to lose the receipts before entering them for tracking or reimbursement. The website is also easy to use, and seems very user friendly to me. It’s pretty intuitive (as a user of it).

Cons

Sometimes the app notifications don’t come up so I miss expense reports to approve, even though I have all settings so I should be getting those. Interface is a little dated, but nothing that affects use of the product.

Tyler from Northeastern University

better than others

i've not had many issues using this and i generally think this is better than most other programs.

Pros

Concur is better than most invoice management systems. It makes expense tracking very easy such as for uploading receipts via email or phone app. While the interface is very good, it's a bit clunky.

Cons

the interface is very clunky. The autoloading screens are pretty annoying and the report header often overrules the content which creates frequent exceptions errors.

Tawanda from World Vision

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Kristen from Colonial Management Group, LP

Streamline your expense reporting

At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Michael from InMoment

Very helpful software with many useful features

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Kristin from 22squared

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Roger from USCCG

Easy way to track and report expenses

Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Kara from Care2

Industry: Online Media

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Chloe from MCI Group

Submit expenses instantly

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

Catarina from Faurecia

My Review of SAP Concur

I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements. That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it. I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

i Concur

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

chris from Information technology and services

Easily the best program out there

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Daniel from Aadmi Consulting

Love and Love to Hate... Concur Expense

Trying to create order from chaos with your expense management process? Concur MAY be your solution. If you are looking to get a hold of your expense management process and have a very well structured idea of how to do it (i.e. you have a well-defined chart of accounts, have policies in place for expense reimbursement, and have an approval process) then Concur is your solution. However, it's a bit lacking for the company trying to create structure in this area, as it doesn't have sufficient documentation on the setup, what decisions need to be made, and the impact of those decisions. It took nearly a year to get all of that adequately set up, and ultimately we have a stronger platform for it, but the guidance to get there was very self-directed.

Pros

Syncs with corporate cards and allows for the team to easily manage their expenses.

Cons

Integration could be stronger, both to QuickBooks and the "Travel" component of their product, which is run through TripIt

Joseph from The HCI Group

Great software for small to medium sized businesses

Overall, i’d say it’s a great software to start with, but for a business like mine that how now grown to over 1500 consultants, we have to explore other options.

Pros

I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy.

Cons

It’s hard to keep track of what expenses have been paid and haven’t been paid. Also the reporting aspect is very poor.

Reasons for Choosing Concur Expense

Ease of access and price

Jonathan from Production Glue

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pros

I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Cons

There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

Reasons for Choosing Concur Expense

Concur seemed to have been the best option for this type of work, and has been the platform of choice for many other companies I have worked for.

Charles from Marriott International

As a road warrior with near weekly travel, Concur Expense makes my life easier

The overall experience has been very positive. There are a few minor quibbles, but overall the tool is relatively easy to use and has made my life much easier when it comes to booking and expensing travel.

Pros

Concur Expense is a great tool for road warriors, especially when linked with Concur Travel, allowing for seamless booking and expense functionality. The app is also great and allows you to submit reports, attach receipts (via the camera on your phone) without having to worry about being near a computer. We previously used a more cumbersome system that required mailing in paper receipts, so this has drastically improved the ease of use and cut down on wait times to be reimbursed.

Cons

There are a few minor drawbacks, mainly around all of the things that need to be specified in the tool - for example, having to constantly enter the business purpose, city of purchase, etc, even for small items like a bottle of water before a flight. To be fair, i'm not sure if that's just my company's settings within the tool, or if that is a universal function. Aside from that, the tool takes a little time getting used to, especially the drag and drop of individual expenses, but once you get the hang, it is pretty intuitive.

Modern Travel Expense Software

Pros

I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Cons

Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious. As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

Burak from SC Johnson

Best for employee expenses

Pros

Easy to master and very easy to see and check the expenses of employees, especially if you do this in the AP department.

Cons

The only missing part of this product is lacking the reporting feature. Every reports need to be done manually.

siva from BJCS / Computer Networking

Industry leader in employee expense report management

Employee satisfaction, Less work for accounts payables team.

Pros

The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) expense tracking and management tool delivers a comprehensive set of features, which is easy to use and saves time for both employees and accounts payables team. Concur has many user friendly features like the ability to email receipts and the receipts will be automatically available for the employee to submit. Concurs Optical character reading ability is decent. Concur can be integrated with employees hotel rewards, airline rewards, uber accounts, so that all the spend will flow automatically into concur. These features save time and energy. I have known situations where travelling employees travel all the week and instead of spending the weekend time with family, need to spend hours keying in their expenses in outdated tools. With tools like concur it takes less time when compared to traditional tools.

Cons

There is lots of scope for improvement. The tool can be made more user friendly. The reporting aspect can be improved. To do somethings, it requires too many mouse clicks.

Aubree from Protective Insurance

Great expense management system

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur. They also offer an app which I haven't tried yet but have heard all good things about it. The ease of training employees is also a nice benefit as it is a pretty user friendly system.

Pros

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. You can set it for approval and review needed from their direct manager prior to the reimbursement being issued. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur.

Cons

I dislike that receipt management at the accounting review level is very limited but other than that, SAP Concur is a very user friendly system that makes it easy to train new employees to use the system.

Noah G. from National Oilwell Varco

Industry: Oil & Energy

Best in industry that I've seen.

After implementing in 2014, I've had great experiences with Concur. The data entry, expense management, reporting, and user-feel has been fantastic.

Pros

The tool is so functional and simple to use. As an administrator of our expense solution I generally will tell our end users that if you think it can do something, it probably can! While the trick is figuring out the 'how', I tend to feel as though it is one of the most user-friendly systems available. Especially in the EMS world!

Cons

I honestly don't have much to knock about Concur Expense. Granted the 3rd party audit service is a bit of a burden at times, it seems that they have significant and regular turnover, that counts as an add-on in my opinion and shouldn't be held against the tool in general.

Talha from Meritage Resort

Stable, Efficient, Best for Big or Small Expenses and makes life easier

I had been working in an organization for a long time when we didnt had Concur implemented. All expenses were all over the place, accounting had no idea what was coming in and who was requesting what reimbursements and for what expenses. Ever since we implemented this software, its a breeze for us in accounting as well as other employees to get their reimbursements on time.

Pros

Very stable software from SAP works in the cloud so no local storage. Can be accessed from Any where which means you can upload your expenses with receipts from your home in no time Can be access from a phone app as wells as on web Being able to book and organize your flights to hotels to car rentals is the major advantage plus any corporate discounts we are privileged to have. No need to be calling travel agents. Great reminders for your trips so you are always on top of your schedule Easy payment request submissions Every expense is nicely organized easy and clean user interface which is a plus

Cons

Little pricey for a small enterprise but its worth it. Employees need to be trained.

Alli from Purestream Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

Concur makes Expense Reports Better

Pros

The ExpenseIt app combined with the Concur app allow employess to take photos of their receipts (the QR scanner is over 80% accurate!), have their expense info auto-populated and easily transferred to an expense report all from your phone! This has been a gamechanger for our employees who work in the field/outside of the office. The software is also very accurate and within the first three months paid for itself by identifying expenses that were submitted multiple times for the same thing in different months.

Cons

Initial setup can be quite tricky and more time-consuming than the initial sales-pitch stated. We really don't like the billing structure, especially the fact that we get charged anytime an employee hits the submit button, even if we've instructed them not to. Also, the salespeople constantly pitch "free months" of service to try some of the additional products, but the "free" month always ends up being the implementation month, so you don't even have a chance to try the service during that time.

Concur - better than hard copy paper trail, but still room for user friendliness

7/10. I've not much experience with other platforms, so can't say I would trade it for another. But there is some work to be done with the usability of the desktop version.

Pros

The days of filling everything out hard copy, attaching hard copy receipts, submitting it by hand to accounting and then always wondering if you filled out everything correctly (to hopefully not bog down the turn time) while waiting for your reimbursement are now gone with the implementation of Concur in our workflow. The user will receive pings if the expense report is not filled out correctly and once submitted, there is no need to follow up as Concur will auto email you once each step of the process is approved and advanced.

Cons

The user friendliness of the desktop version still requires patience and learning curve (e.g. it is not obvious that you must attach a receipt image for each LINE ITEM of the expense report — I had to resubmit several forms early on because I was attaching all receipt to the report itself). I've heard that the mobile version is actually easier to use and can be used in real time during your work trip.

Ryan from Blue Medora

Concur is a good expense reporting system but it has potential to be much better

The software gives the company the ability to have electronic expense reports and receipts. This is a huge benefit.

Pros

I like the electronic approvals and electronic payments to employees. The software does a great job of keeping an audit history. It also has great reporting functions that give me insight on how my company is spending money.

Cons

Concur has improved very little in the 5 years I have been using it. There are many great suggestions on its support page that never get implemented. Concur does not send notification emails to accounting when reports are ready to be processed. Users are forced to check the site multiple times a day to see if there is an expense report ready for payment. A huge drawback.

Brad from STRYKER CORPORATION

Industry: Medical Devices

Once learned it is quite easy to use and streamlines the expense process.

Ease of submitting expense reports.

Pros

I like how it integrates things together so that it eliminates steps. Entering a receipt and attaching a photo of it is very easy. Also, expenses are all gathered in one spot and you can easily add them to an expense report at which point they disappear from expenses so that you don't double them up. Also, the app lets you know if you don't have all the required information for an expense. Coupled with the ExpenseIt app it's very easy to enter an expense just by taking a picture of your receipt. Expense reports are fairly easy to manage and submit. Most of the organizational and cost center information is already entered for you. Simple user interface on home page.

Cons

Takes a while to get used to the software and figure out how to enter items. Error correcting has sometimes proved to not be as easy as entering items. If your hotel has a different rate each night there is no way to itemize it that way. You end up having to average out the rate to make it work and if it ends up being an odd multiple you have to figure out a way to make up the difference. There haven't been enough categories for our department to categorize many of our expenses to.

Jason from ULTIMOUS Business Systems

You get what you pay for!

As a GovCon system's consultant, this is the expense/travel capturing solution I recommend to clients, that can afford it.

Pros

This is the top-shelf of expense/travel management software. It's easy for users. Administration isn't terribly difficult. Integration is possible depending on the accounting solution. It has a lot of reporting and analysis tools. It can save a lot of time for F&A staff if the software is setup correctly.

Cons

It's a bit on the expensive side. Customer service isn't always the most helpful, depending on who you get. The sales team can be a bit pushy and make promises their development team hasn't released yet. Not real cons to say about the actual system itself.

I love Concur!

Concur is the most straightforward expense software I have ever used. I have found that the expense system at most companies is extremely out of date and slow, leading to a huge backlog of unapproved expenses and angry team members. Concur is easy to use for both people who are submitting expenses and their managers who are approving said expenses. Highly recommend!

Pros

The Concur mobile app is really the big benefit here. The ability to take a photo of a receipt in-app and upload it at the same time is huge. It can be hard to keep track of receipts and remember what you need to submit, especially if you are working late hours or traveling for work a lot. Having the Concur mobile app makes it so that employees do not put off expense submissions for weeks and weeks and stay on top of their submissions.

Cons

Honestly, I did not have one problem with this software. I suppose having a functionality where you could give your approver a push notification if they had yet to approve your expense would be helpful, but my approvers always approved quickly so this was not an issue.

Darren from Thermofisher Scientific

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Convenient expense tool

Pros

It itemizes all of your expenses by category to make it easier for Corporate Accounting to review. Just select an expense category, add your scanned receipts, and submit! It automatically converts foreign currency, and can be customized to company standards for daily allowances on lodging, meals, etc. It also has a nice feature for travel expenses (linked to Google Maps?) where it automatically calculates the distance you've driven and how much you will be reimbused if you're driving a personal vehicle. I've had my expense reports approved quickly due to Concur and my reimbursement amounts are simply added to my next paycheck.

Cons

It was difficult to navigate as a first time user. There are a lot of different categories and sub-categories for expense types so it can be a little time consuming to submit an expense report, but I don't know if there's any real way to make it easier. If you fill it out correctly, though, Corporate will approve your report quicker so you can get your reimbursment quicker.

Beth from DSS, Inc.

Travel and Expense made easy

I haven't had to utilize the software to book flights or rental cars yet, but it seems like it would be easy to use this functionality. The Expense section is very easy and walks you through the process. You do not have to do any manual calculations. In the past I have easily uploaded receipts that were covered as well and this is a fast and painless process as well. Overall, my experience with Concur Expense has been positive.

Pros

The software is user friendly, it walks you step by step through the process of entering your trip dates and destinations and quickly calculates your per diem. On the home page there is a nice Travel Alerts section that informs you of important information like if you corporate credit card is about to expire, or if you haven't set up e-receipts, etc. The Travel Tools are very useful and provide easy links to Maps, weather and other helpful information.

Cons

I wasn't able to find old trip information from over 4 years ago, but I am unsure if this is because the software didn't retain the information or if our company policy is to not retain the information that is that old.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

July 2016

Chris from SEIU California

July 2016

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way. I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur. More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer. In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system. Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution. So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs. So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far. In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization. Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Lauren from '47

Industry: Wholesale

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense. I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program. I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here. Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked. I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

Nicholas from Quote Wizard

User friendly, unmatched innovation, the only software that works seamlessly with all company sizes.

Pros

The mobile app, e-receipts (no longer have to take a picture of a receipt for anything travel related), just sent directly from the vendor to my profile. 24/7 customer service, connects directly with our ERP, a consultant to walk you through setup and configure the solution to your processes. Negotiated travel rates that you can't find online. Concur also process vendor invoices.

Cons

The procurement piece of the invoice tool is a little light, but is definitely sufficient for creating purchase requests / purchase orders. It also has the ability to match PO's, Invoices, & Receipt data. Overall the invoice process is great.

Jeff from Self Employed

SAP Concur review

Concur helped me consolidate all my work expenses and get them paid by the accounting team. But all in all I was happy when we switched to the new software which as I mention above was much more efficient overall. In saying that I wouldn't say DONT use this software; I would simply say do your research for your needs first.

Pros

I used this software for the better part of a decade. My company at the time in essence told us this is how you do your expenses to allow all T&E to be paid. It was a semi simply process at first as the flow of completing each expense line item was fairly straightforward.

Cons

The "but" to my above comments is: as your account base grows and the number of expenses grows across the board, I found the whole process to become time consuming and tedious. As an organization we moved to a different service and I was amazed how simply it was in comparison. The entire workflow was so much quicker and turned a lengthy process into a quick one. What Concur offers does work, don't get me wrong, but I think personally it could be much more streamlined a process.

Nathon from Insite Software

The Best Expense/Accounts Payable Tool Out There

We have been using Concur now for a couple years and it has cut back the time and cost of doing accounts payable in half at least. We really like Concur and we plan to keep using this software in the future.

Pros

The product is very easy to learn and easy to teach to employees. It takes care of all of our accounts payable needs including invoices and expenses reports submitted by employees. We also have the Concur travel application and our sales team is very happy with this. Easy to book travel and find good deals.

Cons

I wish there were some more standard accounting reports included, but if you need a specific report Concur can usually customize one for you.

Emmanuel from Netformx

Ridiculously Easy to Use

Since this was a cloud based service, it was great being able to start an expense report on my phone, and then finish entering it on my desktop. Concur was easy to use, competitively priced, and robust enough to handle most expensing situations.

Pros

I used to enter several dozen expense reports per day, and went through 3-different expense software platforms over 4-years, and Concur was by far the best option. Concur was easy to use, and made even the trickiest of expense reports a breeze to enter.

Cons

From the perspective of the user, there really wasn't much to complain about this software. It did everything I wanted, and never gave me any problems.

Amy from CPG Agency

Concur Review

Pretty decent. I don't adore the software by any means, but it gets the job done and that's what we're really here for, right? They have great customer service which is always a plus.

Pros

I like this system because it does have so many different capabilities and it's a good place to go for both expense reporting and booking travel. My company uses it daily to track our expenses and book travel for our vendors. There are a lot of great things about it and the system seems pretty thorough, but once I started using the SAP Concur mobile app, I never wanted to use the webpage again. The app made it so easy to track expenses, truly a game changer.

Cons

This software sometimes seems outdated. Like they have not given it the updates it needs to look and feel like a next-gen software that I want to keep on using. There are some times that it glitches (when logging the details of my expenses or booking travel and the seating chart won't pop up).

Entering Expenses Made Easy

Easy entry and management of receipts for travel reimbursement.

Pros

It's easy to use and customizable in that you can add so many different codes/categories for expenses, as well as departments. I only used this software to submit expense reports but I could see how valuable it is for our accounting department. To my knowledge, my old company used it for years with no complaints. Attaching receipts is also quite easy

Cons

I wish there was an option to print a report from my iPhone. As far as I can tell, this can only be done via a computer. Also, there was a lag in the mobile app when I upgraded to a new smart phone.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,293 reviews