• Pros

• " Very easy to understand and navigate the application"

• "The mobile app is excellent, concur has great quick support and the receipt interface is beyond easy to use"

• "Concur is very easy and intuitive to use. Mobile app is also great and helps do expenses on the go."

• Cons

• "The user interface on the desktop version is kind of clunky and could use an update, but the mobile app version is fine."

• "It can be a little complicated when itemizing expenses but it just takes some training and practice to use that feature effectively"

• "Little pricey for a small enterprise but its worth it. Employees need to be trained. "

Browse Concur Expense Reviews

Burak from SC Johnson

Best for employee expenses

Pros

Easy to master and very easy to see and check the expenses of employees, especially if you do this in the AP department.

Cons

The only missing part of this product is lacking the reporting feature. Every reports need to be done manually.

Tawanda from World Vision

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

i Concur

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the companys work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem partially updated. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesnt work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just dont expect help. Id honestly be fine with that, if it wasnt there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

Brian from University of Houston

Reliable Travel Management Software

My overall experience with SAP Concur has been a positive one. Since we have a business administrator who knows the system, they are able to input everything needed and my role is reviewing, attaching required documentation, and sending for approval.

Pros

Utilizing this for travel management, this software is an "all in one" system for our company. From the very start with your request, it has multiple approval steps you can add, along with being able to attach receipts and documentation to every request. You can also find travel arrangements through the software which is handy so everything is in one place.

Cons

The only thing that's a little challenging is that it is a super robust system, which means training and learning everything it can do takes some time. Having a business administrator who's proficient is the best option. There's many steps that have to be set up in the beginning, and a lot of confusing areas. As long as you receive extensive training on the system and company expectations, it will work great.

Daniel from Instrumentation Laboratory, A Werfen Company

Industry: Medical Devices

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Krishna from PAX International

SAP Concur - Expenses and reimbursements

Overall very positive and I would certainly recommend it.

Pros

It is a SAP product which makes itself a best product. We track expenses, disbursements and corporate perks using SAP Concur. We get expenses file at the end of the day to be sent to AMEX. So easy to configure.

Cons

Nothing much negatives on this product. Only complaint I heard is that it is very expensive for a expense tracking system.

Sooraj from Arizona State University

Industry: Civil Engineering

Concur used for travel expense management

Overall experience with Concur travel is good. My university travel request system is based on Concur expense and I like the online interface.

Pros

The options and organization of a travel expense report on an online platform is the best impression of Concur. The options are self-explained and easy to fill out the form for a travel request. It is also easy to connect and find people in the organization to review the report.

Cons

At times, the default options autofill the fields and manual intervention is not possible. This way, manual exemptions are not allowed (again from case-to-case basis) which might be disadvantageous at times.

Scott from D-A Lubricant Company

Easy to Use; Works WELL

positive; i like the report summaries you can pull & review

Pros

You can automatically import all of your receipts & set up electronic receipts, lessoning the chance of losing a receipt.

Cons

It duplicates charges t times & it can be confusing at times to make the yellow flags go away so this is a CON

Sabrina from University of Houston

Useful product but still needs work

The program is decent I believe that it would be helpful to fine-tune the product that keeps the end-user in mind.

Pros

I love the accessibility of the product such as the ability to connect while traveling to take pictures of receipts to connect the expense reports. This is extremely helpful to the employees because it is no longer necessary to retain physical itemized receipts.

Cons

It is not very user-friendly unless you play around with the program. I believe that it has a bit too many features that can cause someone to easily get confused about the actual function they are trying to utilize within the program.

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Chloe from MCI Group

Submit expenses instantly

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a caf it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

chris from Information technology and services

Easily the best program out there

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crme de la crme. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Daniel from Aadmi Consulting

Love and Love to Hate... Concur Expense

Trying to create order from chaos with your expense management process? Concur MAY be your solution. If you are looking to get a hold of your expense management process and have a very well structured idea of how to do it (i.e. you have a well-defined chart of accounts, have policies in place for expense reimbursement, and have an approval process) then Concur is your solution. However, it's a bit lacking for the company trying to create structure in this area, as it doesn't have sufficient documentation on the setup, what decisions need to be made, and the impact of those decisions. It took nearly a year to get all of that adequately set up, and ultimately we have a stronger platform for it, but the guidance to get there was very self-directed.

Pros

Syncs with corporate cards and allows for the team to easily manage their expenses.

Cons

Integration could be stronger, both to QuickBooks and the "Travel" component of their product, which is run through TripIt

Jonathan from Production Glue

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pros

I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Cons

There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

Charles from Marriott International

As a road warrior with near weekly travel, Concur Expense makes my life easier

The overall experience has been very positive. There are a few minor quibbles, but overall the tool is relatively easy to use and has made my life much easier when it comes to booking and expensing travel.

Pros

Concur Expense is a great tool for road warriors, especially when linked with Concur Travel, allowing for seamless booking and expense functionality. The app is also great and allows you to submit reports, attach receipts (via the camera on your phone) without having to worry about being near a computer. We previously used a more cumbersome system that required mailing in paper receipts, so this has drastically improved the ease of use and cut down on wait times to be reimbursed.

Cons

There are a few minor drawbacks, mainly around all of the things that need to be specified in the tool - for example, having to constantly enter the business purpose, city of purchase, etc, even for small items like a bottle of water before a flight. To be fair, i'm not sure if that's just my company's settings within the tool, or if that is a universal function. Aside from that, the tool takes a little time getting used to, especially the drag and drop of individual expenses, but once you get the hang, it is pretty intuitive.

Modern Travel Expense Software

Pros

I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Cons

Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious. As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

siva from BJCS / Computer Networking

Industry leader in employee expense report management

Employee satisfaction, Less work for accounts payables team.

Pros

The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) expense tracking and management tool delivers a comprehensive set of features, which is easy to use and saves time for both employees and accounts payables team. Concur has many user friendly features like the ability to email receipts and the receipts will be automatically available for the employee to submit. Concurs Optical character reading ability is decent. Concur can be integrated with employees hotel rewards, airline rewards, uber accounts, so that all the spend will flow automatically into concur. These features save time and energy. I have known situations where travelling employees travel all the week and instead of spending the weekend time with family, need to spend hours keying in their expenses in outdated tools. With tools like concur it takes less time when compared to traditional tools.

Cons

There is lots of scope for improvement. The tool can be made more user friendly. The reporting aspect can be improved. To do somethings, it requires too many mouse clicks.

Aubree from Protective Insurance

Great expense management system

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur. They also offer an app which I haven't tried yet but have heard all good things about it. The ease of training employees is also a nice benefit as it is a pretty user friendly system.

Pros

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. You can set it for approval and review needed from their direct manager prior to the reimbursement being issued. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur.

Cons

I dislike that receipt management at the accounting review level is very limited but other than that, SAP Concur is a very user friendly system that makes it easy to train new employees to use the system.

Noah G. from National Oilwell Varco

Industry: Oil & Energy

Best in industry that I've seen.

After implementing in 2014, I've had great experiences with Concur. The data entry, expense management, reporting, and user-feel has been fantastic.

Pros

The tool is so functional and simple to use. As an administrator of our expense solution I generally will tell our end users that if you think it can do something, it probably can! While the trick is figuring out the 'how', I tend to feel as though it is one of the most user-friendly systems available. Especially in the EMS world!

Cons

I honestly don't have much to knock about Concur Expense. Granted the 3rd party audit service is a bit of a burden at times, it seems that they have significant and regular turnover, that counts as an add-on in my opinion and shouldn't be held against the tool in general.

Talha from Meritage Resort

Stable, Efficient, Best for Big or Small Expenses and makes life easier

I had been working in an organization for a long time when we didnt had Concur implemented. All expenses were all over the place, accounting had no idea what was coming in and who was requesting what reimbursements and for what expenses. Ever since we implemented this software, its a breeze for us in accounting as well as other employees to get their reimbursements on time.

Pros

Very stable software from SAP works in the cloud so no local storage. Can be accessed from Any where which means you can upload your expenses with receipts from your home in no time Can be access from a phone app as wells as on web Being able to book and organize your flights to hotels to car rentals is the major advantage plus any corporate discounts we are privileged to have. No need to be calling travel agents. Great reminders for your trips so you are always on top of your schedule Easy payment request submissions Every expense is nicely organized easy and clean user interface which is a plus

Alli from Purestream Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

Concur makes Expense Reports Better

Pros

The ExpenseIt app combined with the Concur app allow employess to take photos of their receipts (the QR scanner is over 80% accurate!), have their expense info auto-populated and easily transferred to an expense report all from your phone! This has been a gamechanger for our employees who work in the field/outside of the office. The software is also very accurate and within the first three months paid for itself by identifying expenses that were submitted multiple times for the same thing in different months.

Cons

Initial setup can be quite tricky and more time-consuming than the initial sales-pitch stated. We really don't like the billing structure, especially the fact that we get charged anytime an employee hits the submit button, even if we've instructed them not to. Also, the salespeople constantly pitch "free months" of service to try some of the additional products, but the "free" month always ends up being the implementation month, so you don't even have a chance to try the service during that time.

Concur - better than hard copy paper trail, but still room for user friendliness

7/10. I've not much experience with other platforms, so can't say I would trade it for another. But there is some work to be done with the usability of the desktop version.

Pros

The days of filling everything out hard copy, attaching hard copy receipts, submitting it by hand to accounting and then always wondering if you filled out everything correctly (to hopefully not bog down the turn time) while waiting for your reimbursement are now gone with the implementation of Concur in our workflow. The user will receive pings if the expense report is not filled out correctly and once submitted, there is no need to follow up as Concur will auto email you once each step of the process is approved and advanced.

Cons

The user friendliness of the desktop version still requires patience and learning curve (e.g. it is not obvious that you must attach a receipt image for each LINE ITEM of the expense report I had to resubmit several forms early on because I was attaching all receipt to the report itself). I've heard that the mobile version is actually easier to use and can be used in real time during your work trip.

Ryan from Blue Medora

Concur is a good expense reporting system but it has potential to be much better

The software gives the company the ability to have electronic expense reports and receipts. This is a huge benefit.

Pros

I like the electronic approvals and electronic payments to employees. The software does a great job of keeping an audit history. It also has great reporting functions that give me insight on how my company is spending money.

Cons

Concur has improved very little in the 5 years I have been using it. There are many great suggestions on its support page that never get implemented. Concur does not send notification emails to accounting when reports are ready to be processed. Users are forced to check the site multiple times a day to see if there is an expense report ready for payment. A huge drawback.

Jason from ULTIMOUS Business Systems

You get what you pay for!

As a GovCon system's consultant, this is the expense/travel capturing solution I recommend to clients, that can afford it.

Pros

This is the top-shelf of expense/travel management software. It's easy for users. Administration isn't terribly difficult. Integration is possible depending on the accounting solution. It has a lot of reporting and analysis tools. It can save a lot of time for F&A staff if the software is setup correctly.

Cons

It's a bit on the expensive side. Customer service isn't always the most helpful, depending on who you get. The sales team can be a bit pushy and make promises their development team hasn't released yet. Not real cons to say about the actual system itself.

Beth from DSS, Inc.

Travel and Expense made easy

I haven't had to utilize the software to book flights or rental cars yet, but it seems like it would be easy to use this functionality. The Expense section is very easy and walks you through the process. You do not have to do any manual calculations. In the past I have easily uploaded receipts that were covered as well and this is a fast and painless process as well. Overall, my experience with Concur Expense has been positive.

Pros

The software is user friendly, it walks you step by step through the process of entering your trip dates and destinations and quickly calculates your per diem. On the home page there is a nice Travel Alerts section that informs you of important information like if you corporate credit card is about to expire, or if you haven't set up e-receipts, etc. The Travel Tools are very useful and provide easy links to Maps, weather and other helpful information.

Cons

I wasn't able to find old trip information from over 4 years ago, but I am unsure if this is because the software didn't retain the information or if our company policy is to not retain the information that is that old.

Lauren from '47

Industry: Wholesale

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense. I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program. I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here. Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked. I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

Nathon from Insite Software

The Best Expense/Accounts Payable Tool Out There

We have been using Concur now for a couple years and it has cut back the time and cost of doing accounts payable in half at least. We really like Concur and we plan to keep using this software in the future.

Pros

The product is very easy to learn and easy to teach to employees. It takes care of all of our accounts payable needs including invoices and expenses reports submitted by employees. We also have the Concur travel application and our sales team is very happy with this. Easy to book travel and find good deals.

Cons

I wish there were some more standard accounting reports included, but if you need a specific report Concur can usually customize one for you.

Emmanuel from Netformx

Ridiculously Easy to Use

Since this was a cloud based service, it was great being able to start an expense report on my phone, and then finish entering it on my desktop. Concur was easy to use, competitively priced, and robust enough to handle most expensing situations.

Pros

I used to enter several dozen expense reports per day, and went through 3-different expense software platforms over 4-years, and Concur was by far the best option. Concur was easy to use, and made even the trickiest of expense reports a breeze to enter.

Cons

From the perspective of the user, there really wasn't much to complain about this software. It did everything I wanted, and never gave me any problems.

Amy from CPG Agency

Concur Review

Pretty decent. I don't adore the software by any means, but it gets the job done and that's what we're really here for, right? They have great customer service which is always a plus.

Pros

I like this system because it does have so many different capabilities and it's a good place to go for both expense reporting and booking travel. My company uses it daily to track our expenses and book travel for our vendors. There are a lot of great things about it and the system seems pretty thorough, but once I started using the SAP Concur mobile app, I never wanted to use the webpage again. The app made it so easy to track expenses, truly a game changer.

Cons

This software sometimes seems outdated. Like they have not given it the updates it needs to look and feel like a next-gen software that I want to keep on using. There are some times that it glitches (when logging the details of my expenses or booking travel and the seating chart won't pop up).

Entering Expenses Made Easy

Easy entry and management of receipts for travel reimbursement.

Pros

It's easy to use and customizable in that you can add so many different codes/categories for expenses, as well as departments. I only used this software to submit expense reports but I could see how valuable it is for our accounting department. To my knowledge, my old company used it for years with no complaints. Attaching receipts is also quite easy

Cons

I wish there was an option to print a report from my iPhone. As far as I can tell, this can only be done via a computer. Also, there was a lag in the mobile app when I upgraded to a new smart phone.

Gregory from ex-bioMerieux

Industry: Medical Devices

Concur - great and improving expense management software

I have used Concur at various positions for 10 years. For those of us that remember taping receipts to letter paper, copying it (no way can you use the auto-feeder without a jam) and submitting it with the most tortuous user-unfriendly spreadsheet that accounting could think up, Concur is the answer to our foxhole prayers. What used to take hours can take only a few minutes, other than the inevitable missing receipt (which is our fault, not the programs.)

Pros

Multiple platforms can be used - allowing the diligent to capture photos on their phones right when generated - at the airport Starbucks, for instance.

Cons

The ideal platform is a tablet - it can take pictures and you quickly pull it out and work while waiting to board, etc., but I experienced a showstopping bug that required me to use my PC to finish reports. The bug was that the city lists and currency lists were invisible on the iPAD. Never figured out why; too late now as no longer with that company.

Robust and versatile T&E software.

Pros

Concur is a powerful T&E management software that can handle domestic and international companies. There are abundant amount of features and add-ons depending on the needs. Has the capability to sync with all major accounting software which automates the recording of T&E Expenses. Fairly easy to use once the correct setting are in place. The available Concur app is great for users on the go.

Cons

As a user, Concur is a great software but as an Admin, it is a different story. Since there are many features, there are tons setting that need to be understood to modify Concur.

Great Software - professional services lags behind

Overall great software for Travel and expense

Pros

Impactful for large enterprises to get everyone on one platform. It pays for itself though it looks pricey. Ability to tap into huge ecosystem, product keeps maturing.

Cons

professional services lacks the maturity and knowledge to get benefit out of the implementation. SAP integration is still painful Reporting is still on legacy cognos product. Yet to move into HANA for the backend - sometimes it can be slow. Lots of outages on platform. Come down a built in last 405 months due to upgrades.

Liam from Hospitality

Concur makes getting your money back easier.

Overall, I thought that Concur Expense, while sometimes annoying on the user side also solves a number of problems for businesses. It reduces the workload on the accounting department and increases accountability by the purchasing party to hold onto their receipts and to keep track of the purpose of their purchases. I also think that the automatic generation of expense reports speeds up the reporting process and saves time.

Pros

I liked that Concur made it relatively easy to upload receipts, which is important from the user perspective. The user is able to upload receipts using their phone camera, which simplifies the uploading process. I liked that my account was automatically linked to my company credit card.

Cons

I thought that Concur needed extra support with integration, as there were often problems when using 3rd party services (quickbooks, tripit). I also thought that it took too much effort to perform certain actions because of the amount of clicking that needed to be done. In some areas, too much detail is required (too much information needed) which made it annoying when expensing a number of small items.

Liam from OneHope

Never the highlight of my day

Pros

There's a reason everyone at work puts off their expense reports, and I can't help but suspect this software has something to do with that. But more on the con's later. The pro's are there too. I haven't had extensive experience with other expensing software, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But I am grateful Concur is a web-based solution (fairly forward thinking compared with some of our other finance processes!) And the idea is solid. Track where the money went, keep budgets updated, and enforce accountability across all teams. I'm on board with the idea, it's just the execution that feels like it leaves something to be desired.

Cons

I can never quite put my finger on what exactly Concur gets wrong with its interface, but there's a definite gap somewhere. In general, I always find myself making more clicks than I really should need to make. Pop-ups and menus all over the place that I wish were more seamlessly integrated. Design flaws here and there just make things take longer than they should. It's never the highlight of my day having to go do my expense reports. But how much of that is the work of expensing and how much is software issues? Let's just say neither are pleasant.

SHIVAM from Baxter Healthcare

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Right & Good tool for Employees to file Expense Reports!!

Overall my experience has been pretty good. I really like the application and will continue to use it and would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

I have used this tools several times for business trips. This is a very good software to reserve hotels, rental cars or flights at a negotiated rate/price. It also allows you to submit receipts for the same including mileage, food expenses and other business expenses incurred during a trip. This tool also allows to expense food bills when multiple employees are part of a meal. The tools also keeps you in check to follow set company policies. Once the expense report is prepared it goes through an approval process before being closed out. This software can be used on laptop/desktop and an app is also available for phones.

Cons

It would be preferable if there can be improvements made to review previous reports in a easier method. Also if uploading of receipts (some receipts need to be scanned manually) can be made easier that would expedite the filing of the expense reports.

Altrina from Buffalo Wheelchair inc

Concur

Overall I love Concur, It makes everything easier and I know our AP department loves it also.

Pros

With concur I can take a picture of a receipt with my phone and submit my expense tespotbright from my phone, it last very easy to use. Keeps your history, let you know when your expenses were approved, and because I can immediately upload my receipts by taking a photo I no longer have to try to keep up with all the paper receipts, or also calculates mileage for you when you enter the to & from address. Since we have been using concur I receive my expense checks quicker and no longer have to keep folders with receipt copies. This has been wonderful

Cons

I dont really have any drawback. My only issue would be for some reason my account is linked to some old expenses from 2013 prior to me being with the company and I have not figured out how to get them off.

Lashundra from Jackson Hewitt

Concur for travel expense

Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Sara from Focus Mobility

Concur -Travel and expenses, a mobile, dynamic experience benefits users, management, and adminstrators

Pros

Considering mobile workforces who travel to customer sites, trainings, partner events, and tradeshows, the ability to not only budget, but manage expenses is essential. The easy, real-time expense update features such as taking a photo of a receipt and creating an expense, and mapping technologies to track mileage are a benefit to users in drastically reducing data entry, and increase accuracy, which could have a financial impact to the company. The ability to categorize top spend areas and do projections based on that helps in budgeting and planning. The integration with other apps such as TripIt are beneficial in optimizing costs, increase collaboration of teams around calendars, as well as the added cost optimization and perks for employees, whereby points can be pooled and tracked for better allocation/usage. The simple, user-friendly UI and mobile app integration enables mobile workforces to be more productive while the API connectors to CRM or ERP systems can aid in overall expense management and planning.

Cons

As a trial member, we have not fully deployed an enterprise level solution, but the API- connectors and overall feedback suggests ease of integration. At some point, future versions of these solutions will probably be chat-bot enabled for even faster inputs.

Pete from ROCKETS OF AWESOME

SAP Concur - Great for Trips and Expenses

Overall really liked it, particularly for the travel booking function. When paired with a great travel agency and not too crazy expense rules, its a breeze to use, even when you are in a pinch.

Pros

The integrated trip search capabilities made planning and booking a trip a breeze. Expenses are also very easy to upload and track for all of your trips. The software isn't confusing to use which is great, especially when you have to classify lots of different expenses. I actually think my company's rules of expenses at the time made the process more difficult (clearly not Concur's fault!). The Concur mobile app is also just as easy and straight forward to use. Used the mobile app for about 75% of everything I did in Concur.

Cons

There were some disconnects between the Concur App and using Concur on a computer. I found doing my expenses which included needing to upload receipts, was much easier to do on the App than on a computer. I also could never figure out why I could not select certain options to finalize my expense report on the App, but could while online. For example, I would use the App to do all my expenses, but then go on my computer in order to finalize and submit my expense report.

Manny from LLS

Excellent Expense Software

We use it at work daily and it's a great place to keep all invoices. I just wished it can easily be matched or grouped to final products for reference.

Pros

Used it several times and it was so simple to use and have everything available to you on your fingertips for approval. You can edit and keep track of informatio.

Cons

No invoice tracking, difficult to match invoices with purchase orders. A lot of improvements can be made to the product. It is a resourceful software, just needs more.

Heather from B&H Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, multi functionality

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to switch between app and desktop software. I'm an AA and I process expense reports and book travel. My bosses easily upload receipts, images and transactions on the app and I can access them instantly on my desktop. Processing and itemizing transactions is simple. Distinguishing between personal expenses and business is easy. Very user friendly and a quick learn.

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow or images don't show.

Kyle from Computer Software

Top Notch Travel and Expense Tracking Service

Pros

Concur is one of the most effective tools that I have had the privilege of using in the past few years! It works well with helping me keep my busy life in order by showing me all of my upcoming trips and expenses in one place and is really easy to export notes and other data.

Cons

There are really no cons to the company that will actually use concur across the board. My company does not, so I am fairly limited on what we get to use.

One go Expense Manager

Pros

In the tool we can create expenses, attach receipts, can get the entire audit trail, approval flows, can modify claims. Can track each and every activity at any given point of time. Duo Duplicate entry being allowed against single claims .

Cons

Not many features are available, cant add new expense category on our own, Only way to login is SSO, direct login doesn't work, takes time to load pages. can only use inbuilt features and cant add anything new. So many inputs to be entered for repetitive tasks, there must be able to create smae task for multiple dates to simplify the ease of use.

Easy on the road expense reporting

When I take the time to send my receipt emails to concur and to snap photos of my paper receipts, expense report completion is greatly simplified. Approval workflows allow me to get reimbursed quicker.

Pros

Submitting receipt images on the fly while travelling makes expense report completion a breeze, mobile app does what I need it to do on the road, desktop interface is easy to search for past reports, approvals are easy, authorized emails makes it easy to forward receipt emails to the system.

Cons

Most of my dislikes are related to the specific configuration my company uses. Completing itemized hotel expenses is tedious and also tricky if your rate changes during the stay. The extra fields my company requires have to be manually set for each itemization - there's no way I've discovered to have the itemization inherit the main expense's settings (project codes, etc).

Concur has the potential to be a great product, thus far, it has fell short of my expectations

Everything is in one place. Accounts payable, expense reporting, Travel booking and now Purchase Requisitions. People are used to the interface.

Pros

I find that Concur is fairly customizable and has many modules which can touch many points of our business. We use Expense, Invoicing, the travel booking program, and am implementing PO's now.

Cons

Hard to describe what I like least because there are so many things, compared to other programs, that I dislike. Though I am super disappointed after one year, with the Travel implementation, I think overall, what I am most disappointed with is the inability for Concur to know their own product enough to be able to support it. I say this because it's taken me about 6 months of prodding and research to finally get to a person within Concur to help my company implement Concur PO's. I was told that Concur can't do Blanket PO's and I just kept asking and prodding until I got to a person who actually knew that part of the system well enough to help me build a business case to implement Concur PO's. Thats just one example though overall, I find that customer support is geared to only answer obvious questions. They respond to specific questions by sending 34 page documents for me to read through in order to try and glean my own answer.

Erin from Arcadia Home Care

Great Expense Software with ALOT of funcionality

This has truly been a lifesaver with regards to accounting for everything we are paying out as well as monitoring things that shouldn't be expensed. This was a game changer.

Pros

This really makes keeping employees expenses together, especially when you have a large population that travels. The reporting is great, integration with company credit cards, the system will create an expense report for you according to some rules you set up. Works great and has made expense reporting much easier to where I am not losing money now since I report everything easily.

Cons

The hotel and travel portfolio can take some time to get use to. This system has so much functionality that it does take some work at learning it all and for a minimal user it can be overwhelming. There are tools to help everyone.