• Pros

• "We use a lot of the suite products. The integration between the products is top notch and so helpful. Most of the products are relatively intuitive to use. "

• "I like that all their programs integrate. The integration saves time and reduces errors. This integration helps our clients retrieve all the data that we produce for them."

• "We use a variety of CS professional Suite products! All of the software is very user friendly, we also purchase hardy copy and e books and the support staff is always helpful. "

• Cons

• "The only downside I can think of is cost. It can be expensive, but it's a better total value than any of the competitors. "

• "Some of the functions can be difficult to master like creating new reports or creating queries to try and filter data. A bit archaic in these cases. "

• "It is pricey, and contacting Customer Service can be hit and miss. Just me experience, but it seems they staff heavily during tax season, but the rest of the year are bare bones."

Browse CS Professional Suite Reviews

Cayce from Rosewood Family Advisors LLP

Versatile software

Pros

The software itself is a powerful tool. Coupled with the fantastic consulting teams who help us make it work best for our business.

Cons

Some items could be designed better but everything is functional and when the consulting team is used, we benefit so much more from the products and the features.

BRITTANY from Huey & Associates PC

Good software, wish it had some better features

We are managing all of our tax projects within the CS Suite. From preparing the return, to tracking clients and where their projects stand, to sending and receiving client documents within the integrated "Drop Box" portal system.

Pros

The entire suite serves the purpose of getting the job done. We have several of the Suite programs and that has made doing things like sending tax organizer out a much simpler job within their interface.

Cons

Learning how to properly use the software within our unique environment has been a huge challenge. Google provides no help and their own "help and how-to center" only provides so much information. I wish their products integrated better between themselves.

Harold from PHMM

Very average in most respects some products like practice are better than others like UltraTax

Good integration between the different products, but unfortunately to the exclusion of integrating with anything else.

Pros

Good integration between the various products. Good user interface design for some products like Practice CS but not for others. The tax product is generally very accurate once you figure out how to use it well. I like the multiple screen ability. The Practice product will allow you to open and sign in multiple times which can make up for the slow changing of screens. We tend to open a copy with the employee dashboard and then open another copy of the program to keep the client dashboard open so we can update projects and the like. This is the only way to deal efficiently with the slow screen changes. Good reporting, good support when calling in, but slow with email. Great diagnostics for Ultra Tax. The ability in Ultra Tax to open both input and forms screens at the same time is nice.

Cons

First it is 32 bit and so does not interface well with other programs. Runs slow because it can only take advantage of limited memory. Runs even slower if you have very many other programs open (outlook, excel, word, etc). Many features only work if you have an older 32 bit operating system. For example you cannot click the email address of a client and generate an email that also stays attached to their client detail unless you are using 32 bit email software on a 32 bit machine. The Ultra Tax user and data entry is one of the worst I have seen, very outdated. At times you have to switch multiple screens to input basic stuff. Trying to locate where to make an entry can be an exercise in frustration. Ultratax is very accurate when the return is completed but a mess when trying to figure out how to do data entry. Does not integrate with other calendar apps to get your appointments onto a preferred product for you calendar. You can only use the online version and access it or push everything up to the cloud for their mobile version. So the bottom line is slow, their tech support said they have no plans to write a 64 bit version, awkward data input for the UT product. Tax return data entry is about 35% longer than on our prior product.

Nathalie from hkg, llp

Thomson Reuters has it all

I've had a great overall experience with CS Professional Suite. I used it in my business everyday and it meets all my business needs.

Pros

I like how Thomson Reuters offers a variety of comprehensive products. The bundling of their various softwares helps make use very convenient and ensures that the softwares are compatible with each other. The software is very sophisticated but user friendly at the same and is constantly updated and improved.

Cons

Setting up the system and making sure certain information carries forward into the next year can be tricky and time consuming. I would say the initial start-up is the hardest part but other than that, there isn't anything I really dislike.

Marcus from SMRECEK & CO SC

CS Professional Suite

I like the CS professional suite. I think it produces good reports and good client packages. The software offers many features. If you spend a lot of money you can have all your accounting and reporting packages fully integrate.

Pros

Cons

I do not like that they raise their fees every year but do not seem to add new functionality. The fees increase by around 5% year after year.

Reasons for Choosing CS Professional Suite

We chose the CS Professional Suite because we had used their old software for many years. The time investment to test a new software package is prohibitive.

A robust platform for defined needs.

It is certainly an all-in-one solution for the needs of a medium-sized firm, however at the time of making the developments to adjust it to the processes of another country it is not friendly in any way. as well as its mobile applications still leave much to be desired.

Pros

When we implemented CS in our firm we changed from a homemade software to a total solution with great support. It was very exciting to be the first firm in the country that used this platform.

Cons

The implementation was a long process, having to develop procedures and connections with our own systems that took more than two quarters to define the launch with users. The adjustment to the particular needs of another culture when used in a country other than the USA, limited us in terms of many of the options that were not very customizable because they were designed in the requirements of another country.

Reasons for Choosing CS Professional Suite

The accompaniment in the implementation processes, and the packages customized to our needs.

Joli from Rogers, Cross, Hanby & Co.

All Encompassing Tax software

The CS Professional Suite allows me and my colleagues to perform data entry and prepare tax returns and other compilations with ease.

Pros

There are many different software products included in the CS Professional Suite umbrella. Each of these programs has its own pros but all of them allow tax and accounting professionals to serve their clients as effectively and efficiently as possible.

Cons

It's not really that user friendly if you are not in the tax or accounting field. It's also a bit pricey unless you have a sizeable clientele to support the cost.

Alex from WSRP

It's fine for what we need it for

We use it on a daily basis at our accounting firm to generate checklists and other forms for our audit projects.

Pros

The knowledge library is very comprehensive and has everything we need. All checklists, forms, etc. are all there that we use at our firm.

Cons

It's not very intuitive and is pretty difficult to find what you need. A lot of people at my firm know where everything is, but that's because they've used it for several years. I feel like it should be easier to find things.

Kevin from Wiles + Taylor & Co., PLC

Best Accounting Software Available

CS Professional Suite allows us to assemble our backup documents with ease for preparing both financial statements and taxes.

Pros

My firm uses the CS Professional Suite, including Workpapers, Fixed Assets, UltraTax, GoFileRoom, and Practice. Each software is perfect for our needs with extensive features included.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this software. It includes everything I need for accounting tasks.

Dr Richard from Spead Tax Group, PLLC

Stay away from UltraTax

My overall experience has been not been good; I demanded a refund for the $6000+ dollars that I paid for the 2020 Form 1040 package; UltraTax does not want to give me a refund; It appears to care less that it knowingly sells a defective tax package! If you buy UltraTax you will definitely satisfy any masochistic tendencies that you may have!

Pros

There was a time when UltraTax was the top of the line; I have been an UltraTax user since 2010; It’s 2019 Program had problems; its 2020 Program is a living nightmare! What do I like most about this software? The answer is absolutely nothing!!!!

Cons

The 2020 UltraTax program is a disaster; it crashes all the time; if you call technical support it takes anywhere from 45 to 55 minutes before somebody gets back to you; and when they do get back to you, it’s quite often that they cannot fix the problem.

Reasons for Choosing CS Professional Suite

UltraTax was at one time the top of the line tax preparation software; I bought it initially when it was at the top of the line; it is now at the bottom of the barrel!

Great product with very intuitive format

User friendly product with very great functionality!

Pros

At my firm, we use a variety of CS professional Suite products. All of the software is very intuitive, we can easily see how the input will look like when printed. Especially UltraTax makes it so easier for the preparers and reviwers as it lists its diagnostic functions and "FYI"s. Also, it has very detailed instructions. For example, you can just google "Ultratax multistate filings", then you will see a list of instructions provided by rep.

Cons

It can run slow because very often we need to run many other programs such as Excel and Outlook. Also, sometimes UltraTax does not allow hard input. Instead, we need to find a certain way to input information to be correctly presented.

courtney from Kane Firm

CS Professional Suite Products

I use these products daily, and overall have had a great experience and would recommend to other companies.

Pros

Cons

The Capatcha verification can be frustrating at times, it is very sensitive and if you do not select the specific boxes it wants then you end up repeating the process multiple times before you are able to access the system. Also, at times we have had to call support for technical "issues" and then receive a bill for it - I find to be a little unreasonable; that is what support is for.

CS Professional Suite - some parts are better than others.

Pros

The integration between products is what led me to buy the whole suite. UltraTax is the best product, easy to use, and has free support. The other products are much harder to set up and learn, and Thomson charges you for support for them, even if the problem you're calling about is actually a product bug.

Cons

They charge for support on all products except UltraTax. Practice is becoming a dinosaur, and badly needs to be updated. File Cabinet crashes multiple times every day.

Linda from Schiller & Florence, CPAs

Excellent Tax Software

It's a reliable product

Pros

Thompson Reuter contacted our firm after TaxWorks bit the dust. The final year of TaxWorks was a train wreck (they made a software change that we all needed to fight and muddle through, spending hours upon hours with our IT to complete returns. UltraTax by Thompson Reuter is a great product

Cons

UltraTax is the best solution

Thomson Reuters CS is more commonly referred to as UltraTax. I developed tax software for a competitive product for several years, and I still prefer Creative Solutions UltraTax to what I used to work on.

Pros

UltraTax handles every complex tax situation, and has all of the features you can imagine. They always manage to anticipate my needs before I realized I needed it.

Great Suite of Products

Pros

Love all of these products. Generally easy to use and figure out and I love how they all talk to each other with the client codes you assign. Makes saving documents and client information very easy. It is also very simple for new accountants to learn.

Kylie from mAccounting, LLC

CS Professional Suite

Pros

The programs are able to talk to each other allowing for more efficient work days. Once you have everything set up correctly, these are extremely dependable programs.

Cons

Workpapers isn’t 100% accurate most of the time so the time you spend reviewing and correcting the input, you could just input it yourself.

Robust software suite for tax preparation and accounting firm management.

Pros

Highly in depth, performs complex tax calculations effectively, provides a great system for managing firm billings.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be a little clunky. The tax software could use an upgrade in ease of switching from data entry view to viewing the finalized tax return including all schedules and reports.

Great Overall Products Though Some Are Better Than Others

Pros

Cons

Some of the more advanced features are super cumbersome to figure out or are downright useless.

Customer services are helpful

UltraTax is okay. Would be more helpful to set up some restrictions on certain areas.

Pros

We use UltraxTax with Thomson Reuters. I had some questions about the software and was not able to find the answer online, I used the live chat customer service and they were able to help.

Cons

There is a UltraTax destination as instructions for input, but I was not able to find the most updated version available.

Jillian from Blake, White, and Farnell PC

Practice CS and File Cabinet CS

I am only reviewing these two products in the Professional Suite because they are the only two I use on a regular basis. Practice CS helps me keep track of our clients information, staff time and client billing, plus all the reports I need to run. I find it to be user friendly and the customer support for this product has been excellent. Although you will get billed for using Thomson Reuters customer support so that is a downside. Practice CS is set up well, everything is easy to find on a stationary menu on the left side. Keeping track of invoices paid vs. owed is easily done with the many reports you can run. Thankfully Thomson Reuters helps you set everything up when you first start out. File Cabinet CS is a great digital filing system that works with scanned PDF documents and different file types. It has helped to cut down on the mounds of paper we store and print. I highly recommend it if you are needing a digital filing system. There is one negative however, the client IDs have to be set up slightly different in File Cabinet and Practice. This has caused some confusion and trouble with billing clients correctly. I am not sure why the programs are not using the same configuration for client IDs when they are made by the same company. maybe it is something Thomson Reuters can address in the future.

Christine from CKR Financial Services

Not Worth The Trouble or Cost

CS Professional Suite caused more problems than is solved. It was expensive to purchase and even more expensive to use because it caused my firm to pay penalties and interest to various taxing agencies because they were unable to make the software work as advertised. Additionally, the software requires the purchase or subscription to 3rd party software to complete most any task.

Pros

There is nothing to like about this software. Difficult to implement, difficult to use. Bait and switch tactics used

Cons

The software is antiquated at best. We were told the software was fully integrated with other Thomson Reuters software. Nothing is further from the truth. It required no less than 5 different software downloads and even during the training when we asked how to make the software work with the other TR software the trainer expressed that it was not possible. It was only after we impressed upon him this was how it was sold did he even try to get them to work together. The staff is untrained, the software is cumbersome to use and took several weeks to even implement. After 4 months of use we scrapped the entire implementation and purchased a different product.

DEEPAK from DEEPAK D MISTRY CPA LLC

Can professional suite

Excellent integration. Expensive and late in latest trends. ACCURACY IS HIGHPOINT. GOOD EFFICIENCY AVAILABLE.

Pros

INTEGRATION

Cons

COST, AND NOT LATEST TREND

Janet from Hare CPAs + Business Advisors

Time Loss

Pros

The overall concept is great, when it works.

Cons

The program is so slow I lose hours of time waiting for an entry to register. The excel file import errors out and tells me the file is open in another location when its not. I have to manually enter trial balances.

Jenna from KMJ

CS Professional Suite

Pros

It showed you what was wrong once submitted the documents

Cons

I didn't like how you had to go into different spots to find the documents needed

Great partner for managing workflow in an accounting office

Pros

The CS Suite integrates well with its partner software which makes supervising a team workflow a breeze. The suite assists tracking staff time, reports, client details and other necessities. The layout is very easy to maneuver around with, simple and easy to learn. Integrated software are easy to learn as well, they chose the best software to integrate with.

Cons

Tech support charges costly. It is great and amazing that tech support is available 24/7, but the cost is rather high. Despite that fact, being that the suite have software which are adaptable, tech support is used minimally.

Spencer from Practice Financial Group

ACS - better than QuickBooks

I used ACS for a number of Dental practices' monthly financial statements.

Pros

I like the functionality and simplicity of the software. It is easy to track where all of the transactions are going and to edit or delete mistaken transactions. It also can import a spreadsheet of transactions all at once.

Cons

It is not very pretty or easily used by those without a background in accounting.

Jon from White Goose Technology

significant programming error in UltraTax

Pros

I don't have anything positive to say about the software. It doesn't perform the basic task that it's supposed to, i.e. properly calculate your taxes.

Cons

My tax accountant uses Thomson Reuters UltraTax. In 2015, it made a significant error in my state filing. I was audited by the state, and based on the error that the software made, I owe the taxes plus $700 in penalties and interest. The time I have lost to this audit is significant as well. My accountant requested that TR compensate me for the penalties and interest. They declined to. The programming error in the software was a very basic error. They should be ashamed of themselves.