DEAR Systems

DEAR Systems Reviews

• icon"Some of the features I enjoy the most about Dear, is the ease of use, and how everything is simply laid out, and easy to understand."
  • icon"Good value for money and with very powerful feature including Job cards, inventory added to the jobs, very good integration with Xero."
  • icon"The ability to customize reports in word is amazing. The team at Dear are still updating and improving the system."
  • icon"The one thing we have trouble with is that it seems to troubleshoot every few months and stops synching our orders which we only notice a few days later."
  • icon"Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations."
  • icon"I have to struggle to find a fault, really. I am sure there could be something, but I have yet to find it."

Browse all DEAR Systems Reviews

• Have you used DEAR Systems and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

IntegrationKings review of Dear Systems

A great overall platform for anyone selling products in the market that wants to control their Inventory correctly and the workflows in relation to an Inventory business. Also from an accounting background it is a full end-to-end solution in relation to ensuring the accounting is 100% correct in the business.

Pros

The features we like most about Dear Systems and so do the clients we work with are: - Integrations around stock control and sales workflows with Woo Commerce and Shopify. - Complete bi-directional integration with Xero and QBooks Online. - Love the fact that we can do Supplier Deposits and Customer Deposits, tracking them correctly within the accounting system. - Also the fact that we can do multi-level Build of Materials for manufacturing clients and then sell via multiple of sales channel.

Cons

The features we least like most about Dear Systems: - Reporting in the platform takes abit to set-up and ensure you are getting the reporting you want out of the system. - Would like to see more integrations over time into the core platform overall as well.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Better integration overall in relation to the accounting workflows with Xero, plus a very good Partner network and team to work with internally.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Wanted better integration overall with the accounting within the business and in some cases wanted to move away from their old clunky ERP platform that was running their business still from a server.

Heather

Industry: Building Materials

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

Cons

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The inventory system in QBO is terrible unless you have only in and out materials. It is not designed for multiple warehousing locations, multiple measurement systems, maintaining inventory after invoicing but prior to physical receipt, and just about everything else you need in a true inventory management system. We are using DEAR in conjunction with QBO but the QBO part is only for the accountant to use.

Magnus

August 2022

Support sucks

The support is terrible. You keep getting links sent to you that takes you in circles. Would have been far more efficient to charge a fee and sort the problem out.

Pros

B2B integrates with the stock/accounting

Cons

The support is really inefficient. I contact support as I don’t have the tech capabilities to sort my issue out. Charge me a fee get it sorted and we all move on. No it takes me days to resolve an issue and hours waisted with support staff

Jeff

Industry: Machinery

September 2022

A lot of promises for things that don't actually work

The support is a complete joke. A bunch of remote people searching for answers on the fly in a knowledge base. They mentioned they have a lot of turnover, which is a recipe for disaster in any support division.

Pros

It's fine for managing inventory, but not much more useful than a spreadsheet

Cons

They promised Hubspot integration, and none of it works. It's a known issue, but they don't seem to know how to resolve it. And they have a strict no refund policy, so we were sold something that doesn't do what they say it will. Most companies give a refund for products that don't work as promised. Not DEAR

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Thought DEAR would scale and grow with our company, but their support is so horrible, I can't imagine counting on them as we grow and expect more from our systems

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Thought DEAR could do more. It cannot unfortunately.

Bethany

Industry: Textiles

March 2022

Terrible customer service and techincal support!!!!!!!

DEAR Systems support takes 48+ hours to respond and they have no way to call for help. Only options are to create a support ticket that gets emailed and then requires me to wait days for a response. And then when I do get a response they can not help me with my actual problem!

Pros

Ease of use when entering orders and tracking inventory.

Cons

This software does not let me sync properly with QBO and creates duplicates Customers.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Bethany, Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously trying to improve the service we provide to our customers. The team tried multiple attempts to call you but each time the call went to Voicemail. After looking into this issue we found out that in the QuickBooks CDC service, it seems there are limitations from QBO side when passing information about deleted entities. We are looking at a workaround for this QBO limitation to help our customers. Please note, for quick support please reach out to us on WhatsApp Chat (+61 2 7208 7722 / +44 20 8434 3918 / +1 206 580 1769) or FaceBook Chat (https://m.me/DEARsystems), we are always here to help you. Regards, DEAR Team

Cole

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Cole, Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected. One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Replied April 2020

Anton

Industry: Cosmetics

June 2022

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

Pros

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience). Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory! Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it. Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

Cons

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features. I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Malcolm

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Once set up the module is easy to use and has some functionality that even more expensive known brands do not have. In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. It provides excellent value as it is price competitive against other options on the market whilst offering more functionality. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers. This program is suitable for any small to medium manufacturing business.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The original legacy software was no longer supported. See details on our website at: [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Joe

DEAR Assistance

The customer support we received was fantastic whilst we were importing data from our old system. Our overall experience has been really good.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate and is very customisable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from DEAR Support were both fantastic in helping us switch from a previous soft ware to DEAR. They answered all our questions quickly and accurately and were always very proactive in ensuring everything went smoothly. Highly recommend.

Cons

The reporting is slightly limited but otherwise everything else seems good.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Updated our accounting software and it didnt have the inventory functionality we needed.

Pretty Darn Good!

Great! The onboarding was also very comprehensive.

Pros

We have used a lot of ordering / inventory systems over the years and this is our forever change (we hope!). I really appreciate the complex level of adjustments that can be made (eg: invoice customisation, staff permissions, custom fields) as well as the robust accounting integration. Once you use it a few times, the interface is fairly straightforward. Even my less tech savvy staff have commented they find the flow of DEAR easier to use, despite the added complexity of features.

Cons

The WooCommerce integration has been a bit temperamental to set-up to manage stock correctly and we wish it would pull orders more frequency.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Feature-rich and staff that actually answered our questions.

TG pulled the plug!

Dustin

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied March 2021

Joris

Industry: Industrial Automation

February 2022

Pros

Easy to set up if you have some experience with these kind of systems. A lot of functionalities are available but you can also choose to keep it simple. Until now great integration with Xero. Serial number functionality works good.

Cons

Perhaps too much functionalities and settings options. Settings are a little bit skattered or I didn;t figure out the logic yet.

Better integration with Xero

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Better integration with Xero and more possibilities in all areas (inventory, sales, purchasing). It comes at a cost ofcourse.

Teik Kang

Excellent software

Pros

Easy program to use with great support resources.

Cons

Hopefully, there can be more additional attributes, 10 is not sufficient for current use.

Christopher

February 2022

Dear systems deliver what if promises

We've been using it live for one month and so far the transition has been relatively smooth.

Pros

Comprehensive ERP features that are built with the workflow and accounting in mind. Excellent interface with Xero. Very customizable, but in an easy to understand fashion.

Cons

For those switching from other platforms, it could use better historical data import functionality. In particular outstanding orders. We had about 200 open orders when we made the switch, and had to enter them manually as Dear's import features could not handle our workflow.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Overall value for money, plus the focus on accounting was a strong selling point.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Lightspeed retail has no ability to handle sales tax based on "ship to" address and has not integration with Avalara. In discussing with Lightspeed they seem unaware that this functionality is needed. Also, you can only integrate with one ecom site and inventory management was glitching with the inventory levels frequently wrong.

Dear Inventory

The support was fantastic and the onboarding team were knowledgeable and helpful

Pros

the system was extremely easy to set up and get going

Cons

The limitation on not allowing to sell negative inventory can be an issue when dealing with dynamic stock. Thankfully, we found a work around and this became less of an issue

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

The client needed greater flexibility and full cloud option

Tess

Industry: Food Production

May 2022

Uncle Charlie's Tastes of Country Review

We are a new business that started with excel spreadsheets however it was quite difficult to track everything across the two warehouses we have. Dear has helped us by giving us live data of where all our products are. I would also like to add that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been so lovely and patient with us during the onboarding and has really solidified that I made the right choice of going with Dear Systems.

Pros

I like the right out of the box use of Dear Systems. Many other systems require a full set up before being able to be used, but with Dear as long as the basics are set up, you can begin using it and expand from there.

Cons

At this point in time I haven't identified any cons.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

First and foremost price was a big factor for us as a new small business. Dear gave us the opportunity to have a system that we could comfortably budget with but also grow with us as we grow.

Verity

Standard

Mark from our onboarding team was very helpful and accommodating to help us set up.

Pros

-Purchase orders/ invoicing - credit note capabilities

Cons

- can't bulk edit styles at product level on the platform - can't bulk add images per style, needs to be individual variant - can only upload using csv files - can't over write PO or SO numbers

pricing

it was shutting down

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Verity, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad our onboarding team helped you get set up and get everything up and running. We are looking at ways of improving DEAR. Please feel free to raise a feature request (https://support.dearsystems.com/support/discussions/forums/1000108132) and check our development roadmap (https://dearsystems.com/development-roadmap/) for updates. Regards, DEAR Team

Amy

Does nearly everything we need

Pros

Has nearly all of the inventory management functions we need to manage 10K+ SKUs, including kits and more complex finished goods with multiple suppliers, stocked in multiple locations, and sold on multiple channels like shopify stores and physical stores.

Cons

It is surprisingly missing the ability to look at multiple locations for stock for a shopify store as the setting requires us to choose one location and it will get stuck in pick (even if auto pick is turned on) if that one location has no inventory, even if other locations have inventory. The system should allow for looking through multiple locations for stock. I haven't used the financial features yet, just set up inventory and order management.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

best functionality for the price point

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

We needed greater functionality and automation. Stocky is limited.

August 2022

Chris Turvey

Pros

Inventory tracking and raw material / bill of material

Cons

Can be difficult to feel comfortable using the system

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Bill of material and inventory tracking

rahul

Dear IMS

Pros

Great onboarding , very thorough and quick process. System is very robust.

Cons

A bit pricey and would love to have ability to have more users at the same price.

Dena

Inventory and Manufacturing

Pros

Assembly order, Awesome support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons

not easy to categorize assembly order

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

because DEAR System has assembly order, the rest are just simply inventory systems

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dena, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad we were able to help you. Our development team works very hard to release new features and improvements every other week. Please feel free to raise a feature request (https://support.dearsystems.com/support/discussions/forums/1000108132) and check our development roadmap (https://dearsystems.com/development-roadmap/) & release notes (https://dearsystems.com/categories/release-notes/) for updates. Regards, DEAR Team

Dan

Feature rich inventory system

Pros

Interface user experience, and seamless integration with other systems I use.

Cons

Not so much the software, it just takes a lot of effort to get the initial product list, supplier list etc all set up.

Philip

I am a Dear Partner in the Xero integration community and Dear Systems is the only inventory system I recommend to prospective clients.

Pros

Great integration with other software, including Xero. Intuitive. Stable and quick to load (well hosted). Good email support. Innovative features.

Cons

Would like greater visibility as to which user did what for all processes on Dear. Would like to see greater engagement from Dear's side on the user forums and more regular notification of all feature releases that are made.

Ben

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras. I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track. Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others. The video tutorials are excellent. The interface is modern looking. The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow. The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information. Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it. B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

I have onboarded with tested MRP Easy and Unleashed. Both of those suites are dated and employ very under-skilled support operators. This leads to very very frustrating onboarding. In the end you are told to find an overpriced 3rd party (partner) who works with every piece of software under the sun and gives you lousy service. I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours wasting my time with MRP Easy and Unleashed until I found DEAR Systems. Save your time and money.

Cameron

Looking good so far

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

Current System is not suited to our type of business.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Cameron, I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors. To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call Best Regards, DEAR Team

Replied July 2020