All Cin7 Core Reviews

Nick

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there. The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

PROS

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist. DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero. The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

CONS

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Ignatius

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Customer care, purchasing and Point of Sale is useless

Frustrating to deal with your help desk people who tell you to log a feature request when they are done talking to you and can't solve your problem

PROS

Easy to understand and figure out when starting off.

CONS

Your point of sale system you offer with this software is less than useless its remedial in functionality and offering. Struggle to program in store promotions on it you can't create area specific promotions for outlets in an area. Your way of setting up a cash float is useless and not user friendly. Your journals between Xero and Cin7 do not push correctly. Till overs and shorts are a nightmare to investigate. Gift cards are cumbersome to use and implement. We were using We where using Lightspeed as a point of sale before and you c=guys can learn some lessons from them your system will be something from the stone age compared to Lightspped.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Most probably the price compared to better systems

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

The inventory management was not suited for the size of our business

Anton

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

PROS

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience). Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory! Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it. Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

CONS

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features. I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Heather

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

PROS

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

CONS

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

The inventory system in QBO is terrible unless you have only in and out materials. It is not designed for multiple warehousing locations, multiple measurement systems, maintaining inventory after invoicing but prior to physical receipt, and just about everything else you need in a true inventory management system. We are using DEAR in conjunction with QBO but the QBO part is only for the accountant to use.

Jacques

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Energenic

Dear is an overall well planned software, i enjoy working on it, I will say I am 80% happy - still need development in certain areas

PROS

Procurement and Stock keeping working great, Can have latest prices on hand

CONS

Job Costing is difficult and need to go to reports to get information cast export job cost directly from Job's BOM in Production cant be exported and work on average cost - need to work on latest price as i am using the BOM for price costing

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Look the best for our Company at the time

Needed a manufacturing software - Dear offer all in one

Deb

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

An accountant's Point of View.

Inventory control and costs with real figures to add to the P&L. Inventory true numbers easily tracked and sales with all 5 different payments on Shopify easily tracked.

PROS

Easy to learn the different modules and to teach others how.

CONS

When you have to undo sales orders, it completely undoes everything. The sales order should hold the inventory already taken from the system. Sometimes it is impossible to redo because the inventory is no longer available.I also wish that additional costs would add to the per unit cost of inventory.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

I had experience with another client who used it since Jan 2022. The many changes and updates they did really improved the software. I suggested we change from the clunky program we were using. This is much easier to understand, learn and use on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Netsuite is outdated and has many restrictions on what you can set up, procedures to follow, finding things you need to look up etc.

Mia

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great support for training and set up

My CIN 7 experience so far has been great, apart from that I couldn't get urgent support from the daily support team after the training project is closed. Being a new user, this is essential, as even I have been trained, to be able fully function, further support is needed in a timely manner.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] has provided great helping through training sessions and initial set up of the system to make my job easier, she has gone above and beyond which makes me feel that Cin 7 Core is a system I can easily recommend to other people from this prospective.

CONS

0Customer support from CIN 7 Support Team (after system set up), the turnaround to get back to me and the response is not user friendly for new users, all new users would be experiencing a lot of questions and issue at the very beginning start using the system, and the problem I experience actually stop my office functioning, to book a call online for a few days in advance doesn't work to this situation at all.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Cin 7 seems matches my purpose and most of my current needs.

Christopher

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Dear systems deliver what if promises

We've been using it live for one month and so far the transition has been relatively smooth.

PROS

Comprehensive ERP features that are built with the workflow and accounting in mind. Excellent interface with Xero. Very customizable, but in an easy to understand fashion.

CONS

For those switching from other platforms, it could use better historical data import functionality. In particular outstanding orders. We had about 200 open orders when we made the switch, and had to enter them manually as Dear's import features could not handle our workflow.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Overall value for money, plus the focus on accounting was a strong selling point.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Lightspeed retail has no ability to handle sales tax based on "ship to" address and has not integration with Avalara. In discussing with Lightspeed they seem unaware that this functionality is needed. Also, you can only integrate with one ecom site and inventory management was glitching with the inventory levels frequently wrong.

Philip

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Cin7 Excellent Inventory Management

Very easy to setup and use and excellent support when needed

PROS

Ease of use and almost instant access to support when required

CONS

No mobile app - it’s not easy to use the system in a browser on a phone

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Value for money. But in hindsight, it’s also much easier to use, updates are reliable and it just works. Plus the support is first class. It’s what I’d expect from a cloud based system.

Patrick

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Easy to use, reliable, and affordable

I've had very few issues with DEAR. When I do have an issue, the customer service is awesome. I get an answer in under 24 hours, and I can even schedule a call if needed.

PROS

You understand the software perfectly after 1-2 weeks of use. It is simple and generally error-free.

CONS

The fulfillment module needs work. For B2C sales each item should be scanned individually to reduce picking errors.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Dear was better suited for manufacturing and easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Locate was mercifully discontinued.

Xy

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Alright but we don't love it

Have been using Dear for about 6 weeks after onboarding and it's taking some time for my colleagues and myself to get used to the system, but I received 5 emails in the first 12 days after onboarding, and another 3 in the past 7 days to give them a review so here it is. TLDR not as user-friendly as the system we were using before but no choice as QBC will no longer be offered and Dear might be the next best alternative

PROS

- Comprehensive and even has manufacturing components (unfortunately we don't require this) - Comparable pricing to TG/QBC - Some onboarding agents are very knowledgeable about the system - Support staff are very responsive and queries get answered pretty quickly

CONS

- Not as user-friendly compared to the system we used before. Even things like stock availability isn't readily shown on the product page - you either need to go into a tab within the product page, or a separate 'Availability' to check the stock - Slightly confusing configuration where you can't easily change the purchase prices as they are grouped together on a 'suppliers' tab within the product listing - Product family is quite confusing and a little tedious to create. During the import of our products, there were a large number of single-variant products created as product families with 1 product, and there doesn't seem to be a easy way to stop classifying it as a product family - Automation module (for things like out of stock notifications) are not provided FOC; you have to add on $50/month - Purchase orders only show product name and not variant/option names so if you are trying to order 3 colours of the same product, the PO will show 3 line items of the same product. - We sell on different e-commerce channels but there's no easy way to reflect that. We were informed that the only way we can only create the e-commerce channels as 'Sales Representatives' so that we can track them. Our sales from Shopify aren't differentiated between POS and online - The sync with Shopify seems a little glitchy and sometimes after receiving stock in Dear, all our products descriptions in Shopify get erased. This is less than ideal because our product listing on our website becomes blank

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Robust enough, had the integrations we required, better priced than some

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

QBC will no longer be offered to customers outside of the US soon

Samuel

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great manufacturing aid

Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

PROS

The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

CONS

While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized. The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data. I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

Hello Samuel, Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Replied April 2020

Cole

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

PROS

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

CONS

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Hello Cole, Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected. One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Replied April 2020

Nigel

Reviewed November 2017

all in all very happy

PROS

"Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business. I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc. Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero! Well done and thanks to both!"

CONS

Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

Hi Nigel, Thank you for this review we are happy to hear everything is going well. We would like to take some time to address some of the cons. We have new updates/releases of new features pretty much on a weekly basis. The minor changes get notified through in app notifications and major monthly releases get sent out as news letters. This can be found in our release notes sections http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/ Regarding the forum we get a lot of inquiries to add new features and we usually work on an up-voting system and implement suggestions that are most popular against our users. When our businesses analysts decide on what we should implement a planned status will appear next to the suggestion. When its in progress the status will change to 'In Progress' and once finished the status will change to Implemented. Please see our development road-map for everything that is coming up in relation to B2B enhancements based on user requests http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/ Best Regards DEAR Team

Replied November 2017

Bryce

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Do not use if you need to keep track of serial numbers or if you have more than 50 total SKUs

Dear has created more problems than it has solved for our business. At a minimum Dear needs to fix the duplicate serial number issue and provide a way to do inventory level snapshots.

PROS

The software is made for small businesses interested in keeping track of basic inventory, basic purchasing, and basic invoicing. - Perfect for 1-5 employees, this is the base number of users and gives the most bang for your buck. - Perfect for no more than 50 SKUs

CONS

- Serial Numbers are NOT UNIQUE, duplicates can be entered easily with no warning - Navigating a Bill of Materials for more than 1 level is impossibly complicated and needs a separate spreadsheet or software to track - Transactions randomly duplicate without warning. Several times we have had stock transfers or purchases receive twice, creating inventory discrepancies and overall chaos in the warehouse. - This random duplication allows inventory to be a negative number. Example: A serial numbered part was pulled twice by the system instead of removing it from inventory, it created a negative line item and showed the serial numbered part as -1 instead of 0. This in turn affected the overall inventory for that SKU. - It is impossible to find a specific inventory level on a given day, this feature simply does not exist. - Stocktakes cannot be backdated so if a count is taken on day 1 and entered in day 2 if any assemblies took place they will screw up counts. - Sync between Xero accounting is a multi-step process. Invoices and payments do not sync back and forth on a consistent basis. Sometimes a voided invoice in Dear or in Xero will not transfer over and the entire Sale or Purchase needs to be voided and redone for the voided payment to sync OR alternatively you can enter the information manually which defeats the point of the sync. - Customer service is atrocious except for the basic help which is already covered in depth by videos or other consultants.

Kurt

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great software platform for inventory management

DEAR is phenomenal for a user that is willing to put in the time to discover it. If PMs had more of a security / controls / data audit background , and implemented processes to address those weaknesses , it could potentially become a solution for businesses of all sizes, not just SMBs.

PROS

1- Customer support is on point, probably the best i've ever interacted with. They clearly understand that this is not a word processor, and have built a world-class support service around the software. 2- SaaS is not buggy at all 3- Their devs are constantly rolling out updates 4- DEAR has good, nonbuggy integrations with almost every major app in its market niche. 5- DEAR has succeeded in making a product that is relatively easy to use in what is an otherwise complex piece of software, and has deep complexity

CONS

1-Documentation is weak in several non-core modules and functionality. For example, security features don't really have an instruction manual, or if it exists, it is not immediately obvious where that lives, thus leave people having to contact CS. 2- Some features are not really implemented thoughtfully and are more of an horizontal revenue expansion than actually thinking of customer pain points. Example - the notification module could be SO MUCH more, but it has weaknesses like it won't report on stock transfers completed, etc. 3- The overall platform is not hardened against stupid errors. There is no "audit your customer's data" logic in DEAR. Platform assumes user inputs are always right and there are no early warning(s) across the board when users are making obvious mistakes, such as when POs receive impossible / wrong amounts, SKUs, etc. The feedback for "error" popups, is only is given when it is too late.