• Pros

• "Some of the features I enjoy the most about Dear, is the ease of use, and how everything is simply laid out, and easy to understand."

• "Good value for money and with very powerful feature including Job cards, inventory added to the jobs, very good integration with Xero."

• "The ability to customize reports in word is amazing. The team at Dear are still updating and improving the system."

• Cons

• "The one thing we have trouble with is that it seems to troubleshoot every few months and stops synching our orders which we only notice a few days later."

• "Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations."

• "I have to struggle to find a fault, really. I am sure there could be something, but I have yet to find it."

Browse DEAR Systems Reviews

Robert from IntegrationKings

IntegrationKings review of Dear Systems

A great overall platform for anyone selling products in the market that wants to control their Inventory correctly and the workflows in relation to an Inventory business. Also from an accounting background it is a full end-to-end solution in relation to ensuring the accounting is 100% correct in the business.

Pros

The features we like most about Dear Systems and so do the clients we work with are: - Integrations around stock control and sales workflows with Woo Commerce and Shopify. - Complete bi-directional integration with Xero and QBooks Online. - Love the fact that we can do Supplier Deposits and Customer Deposits, tracking them correctly within the accounting system. - Also the fact that we can do multi-level Build of Materials for manufacturing clients and then sell via multiple of sales channel.

Cons

The features we least like most about Dear Systems: - Reporting in the platform takes abit to set-up and ensure you are getting the reporting you want out of the system. - Would like to see more integrations over time into the core platform overall as well.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Better integration overall in relation to the accounting workflows with Xero, plus a very good Partner network and team to work with internally.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Wanted better integration overall with the accounting within the business and in some cases wanted to move away from their old clunky ERP platform that was running their business still from a server.

Ben from Offally Good Food

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras. I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track. Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others. The video tutorials are excellent. The interface is modern looking. The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow. The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information. Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it. B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

I have onboarded with tested MRP Easy and Unleashed. Both of those suites are dated and employ very under-skilled support operators. This leads to very very frustrating onboarding. In the end you are told to find an overpriced 3rd party (partner) who works with every piece of software under the sun and gives you lousy service. I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours wasting my time with MRP Easy and Unleashed until I found DEAR Systems. Save your time and money.

Stefan from Beetroot Inc

Industry: Furniture

Dear systems awesome

Fantastic. Best inventory system ever.

Pros

Very easy to use sales,purchase. Integration with woocommerce and xero fantastic. Good manufacturing options.

Cons

Would like the option to go with less users then the min of 5.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Cheaper then cin7 and has a pos option that unleashed lacked.

Cloud based, automation.

Cole from ProdataKey

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Cole, Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected. One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Luke from Beat Food Group

Great Product, Great Price

DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp up their features, particularly reporting isn't great, its quite static and you can't build your own, so a report builder would be ideal or an integration with a BI service so that you can build reports elsewhere. Our particular bugbear is trying to track down stock by batch and location, the information is there but its not in the best format. However for the price you can't complain, dear is an easy to use product that serves a wide variety of needs.

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Cons

Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Just fitted our needs better in terms of layout and usability. Personal perference, all the options we looked at were pretty much the same in terms of features. Cin7 is more expensive though and requires implementation and a fee for that.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Old solution was too feature rich, overkill for our current needs, Dear suits perfectly, although is probably going to be too feature light for us in 12-18 months unless their roll out of features increases.

Dallas from AVERA PRODUCTS

Industry: Wholesale

Dear has significantly helped our company

Our overall experience is positive. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but now that we have it down, I couldn't imagine going back. It helps us stay organized and helps us become more efficient and detailed with our operations.

Pros

We transferred from Quickbooks to Dear Systems and it has been a great improvement. Our ability to manage inventory is far greater than before with QB. It's simple/easy to use, but also robust and has some very helpful features. We're in the wholesale industry. On the sales side - we love the pick, pack, and ship functions. This allows us to easily provide another level of detail for our customers that we couldn't before. We can enter what we packed on what pallet and then easily print pallet break downs and detailed packing lists. I also like the way you can mass pick, or mass print sales orders. The advance sale option is nice, so you can track back order shipments right on the same screen as the original order. On the purchase order side, the advance receiving functions let you receive inventory against one PO more than once which is helpful. We also just started keeping some inventory in another warehouse, so the ability to keep track of that through dear is nice. Also the B2B portal has been a nice addition to our company as well.

Cons

I think the reporting tab is pretty clunky, that might be what I like least about Dear. They're on the right track, and some of those reports are very helpful. It's just that I have to export them to excel and modify them quite a bit for them to be what I want them to be. Also I think the "credit purchase order" and "credit sale note" functions are pretty confusing/complicated.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Great value. Many other reasons, but but was just the right fit for what we needed. It wasn't as big as some of the other ERPs but we didn't need it to be.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

We needed a more robust inventory system.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Dallas, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have done major improvements to the reports section. With the new UI/UX improvement that was rolled out in the beginning of 2020 the usability and functionality of reports has never been easier. We have detailed knowledge base articles for each report and how to use it. You can read more about it by visiting https://support.dearsystems.com/support/solutions/folders/1000217591/. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time on support@dearsystems.com & a Customer Success agent will be ready to do a quick demo to help you. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Luke from Intalite UK

Industry: Wholesale

A shot in the arm every business needs

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Pros

Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live. The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that. The UI is very clean and intuitive. The integrations save loads of time and money. Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Cons

It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;) There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest. The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Your never going to get a software that 100% fits with your current business processes but the fact you have a software provider that actively looks to improve and seeks criticism (its not always a bad word) then publishes its roadmap on addressing gaps, is pragmatism in action. Supported (and well documented) API access can plug any holes in dears offering.

Covid 19

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied February 2021

Hello Luke, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro. Please feel free to contact us via email (support@dearsystems.com) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

ivan from ASIS technologies Pte Ltd

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it. Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

Pros

User friendly Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow excellent aftersales support - swift in response

Cons

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

Easy to use (user friendly) Great aftersales support

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Increase productivity. No hassle of maintaining the sever locally

Owen from OneSquare

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

Ease of use Cost Support responsiveness Comprehensive modules and integrations

Dustin from Dirty Bird Industries, LLC

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied March 2021

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Cameron from Integrated Products Pty Ltd

Looking good so far

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Current System is not suited to our type of business.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied July 2020

Hello Cameron, I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors. To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call Best Regards, DEAR Team

Paul from PHP

Was a great system with lots of pro's but now massively flawed!

Performance issues are far far too common, and they seem to be unable to support them.

Pros

Contains the vast majority of required features to operate a successful e-commerce store. Nice layout, not too bulky, and sticks to what its good at. API is well written which allows you to expand usability with third party apps.

Cons

Performance! Over the past 6 months this has gone from bad to worse. The odd hang, became frequent hangs, then time outs on the server. The latest sizeable price increase to allow them to fix this was unwelcome as I already pay for a package that is supposed to perform as promised. This left a little bit of a sour taste. Now though, once again, their system is down, completely! My team cannot access anything, at all. If a call or email comes through, we cannot see stock, prices, lead times, not even the customer records. Support say they are working on it, the ETA? Don't know. Great. I say avoid until they sort out their issues with performance. I will be looking for alternatives as I cannot afford this kind of issue, and paying more for the service they are already supposed to be offering is bad form in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Seemingly better features and support.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied July 2020

Hello Paul, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the new UI/UX that was rolled has met your expecations. We are constantly scalling DEAR to meet the preformance needs of our customers. Some of our customers in the Microsoft East US data centre experienced a System Outage. This was caused by unexpected behaviour in the Microsoft Datacenter. You can find out more details about the above incident at https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history/ June 2020 6/11 Storage - East US - Mitigated (Tracking ID 9VHK-J80). The DEAR monitoring team, which is working 24/7 to have an eye out for any performance issues, immediately spotted this and promptly contacted Microsoft to report, monitor and got the incident resolved. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in your daily business. Rest assured we have taken the necessary steps, in discussion with Microsoft, to avoid this from occurring again. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Samuel from Home Rubber Company

Industry: Plastics

Great manufacturing aid

Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

Pros

The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

Cons

While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized. The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data. I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Samuel, Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Dave from Drum BSS Ltd

After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my vote.

Pros

The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed. The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software and I'm glad I took the time to do so. The multiple warehouse locations field, along with the multiple bin locations field, both available in DEAR but not available in some other offerings, is a basic requirement of a stock management system as far as I am concerned. Whilst the software might appear complex for first-time users, those with experience of stock systems and business processes should find it a breeze to set up and use for the purpose intended, especially if they are familiar with setting up other software. It's an advantage, but not a requirement, if the person(s) setting it up also have an understanding of business accounts and are able to find their way around creating/editing MS Word mail-merge templates. I am impressed that I have been able to use the software to accomplish pretty much every task that my clients' have asked of it so far. The ease of integration with other cloud-based applications puts another tick in the box for me.

Cons

This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

Nigel from Svaja Limited

all in all very happy

Pros

"Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business. I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc. Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero! Well done and thanks to both!"

Cons

Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Nigel, Thank you for this review we are happy to hear everything is going well. We would like to take some time to address some of the cons. We have new updates/releases of new features pretty much on a weekly basis. The minor changes get notified through in app notifications and major monthly releases get sent out as news letters. This can be found in our release notes sections http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/ Regarding the forum we get a lot of inquiries to add new features and we usually work on an up-voting system and implement suggestions that are most popular against our users. When our businesses analysts decide on what we should implement a planned status will appear next to the suggestion. When its in progress the status will change to 'In Progress' and once finished the status will change to Implemented. Please see our development road-map for everything that is coming up in relation to B2B enhancements based on user requests http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/ Best Regards DEAR Team

DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!

Pros

// DEAR SYSTEMS DOES + Manage inventory with different sales channels + Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template + Auto assemblies + Bundles + Issues to production + Sync to accounting software + Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc + They are working on a reseller portal + They are working on a POS + Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Cons

They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests. - They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all. - Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users. They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Dear François, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that mostly everything is going well with DEAR. Would like to address your concern with forum activity and explain a little further the process. The user feature requests work on an up-voting system. When our business analysts review suggestions they look at the ones that have been up voted the most by users. We then need to do market research to see potentially how many businesses this feature would be applicable to and if changes are made we need to make sure that existing users do not get affected by these changes. When a suggestion is accepted the status will change to Planned. Once it is scheduled for development it will appear on our development roadmap with an ETA. When we start implementing it the status will change on the forum to In Progress. Once we finish the status will change to Implemented. We'd like to develop every feature we are asked for and we do have to prioritise the work we undertake. We will always measure the demand for certain features, both through our forum and other industry sources. Some links below to pages that will help understand what has been done recently and where we are heading. Release notes - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/ Development Roadmap - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/ Best Regards DEAR Team

Nick from N2N Digital

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there. The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Pros

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist. DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero. The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Cons

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Kurt from SSD

Great software platform for inventory management

DEAR is phenomenal for a user that is willing to put in the time to discover it. If PMs had more of a security / controls / data audit background , and implemented processes to address those weaknesses , it could potentially become a solution for businesses of all sizes, not just SMBs.

Pros

1- Customer support is on point, probably the best i've ever interacted with. They clearly understand that this is not a word processor, and have built a world-class support service around the software. 2- SaaS is not buggy at all 3- Their devs are constantly rolling out updates 4- DEAR has good, nonbuggy integrations with almost every major app in its market niche. 5- DEAR has succeeded in making a product that is relatively easy to use in what is an otherwise complex piece of software, and has deep complexity

Cons

1-Documentation is weak in several non-core modules and functionality. For example, security features don't really have an instruction manual, or if it exists, it is not immediately obvious where that lives, thus leave people having to contact CS. 2- Some features are not really implemented thoughtfully and are more of an horizontal revenue expansion than actually thinking of customer pain points. Example - the notification module could be SO MUCH more, but it has weaknesses like it won't report on stock transfers completed, etc. 3- The overall platform is not hardened against stupid errors. There is no "audit your customer's data" logic in DEAR. Platform assumes user inputs are always right and there are no early warning(s) across the board when users are making obvious mistakes, such as when POs receive impossible / wrong amounts, SKUs, etc. The feedback for "error" popups, is only is given when it is too late.

Stephanie from Green Beanery

DEAR is essential to the way we manage our inventory. Lacking some features we need but has most.

Pros

Being able to integrate with a number of eCommerce platforms is huge. Support usually replies fast (especially for simpler questions and help). Also the way in which we're able to manage thousands of products over multiple locations is fantastic. Some aspects of DEAR are very intuitive and easy to use. It allows one portal for looking at sales, product orders, inventory storage and movements, basic product history. The reports on the dashboard help us see inventory and financials at a glance. They've also recently expanded, allowing more than 20,000 SKUs at a time in the system!

Cons

Because DEAR is used by so many and works with so many different platforms, integration between it and other platforms (we use Shopify) are not always seamless. A feature that works great with one may make another way more difficult to use. On that note, customizing your DEAR account to make it exactly what you need is rather difficult. We often have to find workarounds to ongoing problems that may seem basic to many. And while customer support is friendly and often fast to respond, it's very easy for misunderstandings to occur. As well, new feature requests often don't get acknowledged if they don't fit into DEAR's current plans. One thing that would be great could be a separation for those who need DEAR just to locate products, vs those who actually need to access all of the parts of DEAR that can change products, sales, locations... We've had a number of mix-ups where inexperienced people made changes that couldn't be undone due to the nature of the software.

Bob from Green Envee Organics | Wellness & Spa Products | Holistic Health | Aromatherapy

DEAR Inventory Helping us Grow

Pros

We've been using the DEAR system for quite a while now and I must say I couldn't be any happier. It was a seamless transition from our old system, and I especially appreciate how well DEAR integrates with our accounting software. This makes everyone's work a whole lot easier. I have contacted support on several occasions with questions that I had, and I always received a quick, thorough, and very helpful response. We manufacture our products as well wholesale and retail them with an online store, and everything works so well together with DEAR that it really helps us focus on building our business rather than focusing our attention on trying to keep up with inventory and ordering. I would highly recommend DEAR systems to anyone looking for a new inventory management system. -Bob Weiss

Cons

One thing that would be useful would be to be able to call for customer service. We have used customer service email on several occasions, and have always had a pretty quick response, however, if we have a pressing issue, it would be nice to have a number to call and someone to talk with.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Dear Bob, Thank you for your review. Happy to hear everything is going well. Regarding the calls we have a booking service on our website where you can schedule in a time convenient for you to speak to a representative. They are free and are accessible to all our customers. Follow this link to book a call https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp Best Regards DEAR Team

Lots of features for the price - great support

Pros

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently. The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Dear Graeme, Thank you for the review we are happy to hear that everything is going well. Just addressing some of the cons, we use microsoft mailmerge so templates are very customisable. We have a complimentary service for paying customers where we can assist with template customisation at no additional cost so feel free to send us your templates to support@dearsystems.com. Regarding the tracking of batches through sub-assemblies please check the 'Lot Recall' report which will show you every single finished good that contained a particular batched or serialised product that you searched for all the way through to who you sold it to and which supplier you brought it from. Best Regards DEAR Team

Zeb from PENGUIN REFRIGERATION LIMITED

Industry: Maritime

Third year anniversary using dear Inventory

We run all our stock inventory through Dear, send all our quotes, sales orders, invoices etc through Dear. It is a very good program for this and if we do hit a problem the tech support is excellent.

Pros

Its synchronization with Xero is excellent. In three years we have never had a sync issue. Also within Dear the inventory, sales and purchasing all work very well and the ability to drill through different layers to search products or orders is very good. We use the Product Availability function all the time to confirm status of sales orders v purchase orders and stock availability. We have also recently started to use the Attributes more for both sales orders and products and this has been a further tool within Dear to help us manage our day to day sales process.

Cons

What still infuriates me is the way that sales quotes show the sales margin against Average cost. This is hopeless folr any new product as there is no history and it is also hopeless if you receive a part into stock before you post the purchase invoice. Why we can't have the option in the step up to show the margin against either the supplier fixed cost or last purchase cost is beyond me!!!!!! Argh!!!! We currently have to run all our project quotes through an Excel spreadsheet to make sure the margins are correct. This is really infuriating and as a result we are looking for alternative options for our stock management.

Derek from Medi-Safe Surgicals (Pty) Ltd

It does not exactly suit our business model,compared to other software in the market it was the best

Pros

The fact that it can be accessed from anywhere and that the information available is reasonably accurate

Cons

We transfer stock between locations on a daily basis eg. receipts, transfer to work in progress, then assembly and then to finished goods in more than one location and then it gets sold. when looking at a stock movement report of Raw Material, all that I want to know is receipts + stock on hand-assembly = Stock on Hand. The inventory totals in inventory do not balance with the Trial balance figures as the trial balance picks up transfers as many as three times. So the Raw Material and Finished Goods are never correct in Dear and because of Synchronisation in Xero. second point is the introduction of the Advanced Purchase Module and discontinuation of cloning without any prior warning and with no video training module available. I have so far been unable to use that module and am working with the simple purchases module, keeping it in draft, and manually adjusting stock levels when receiving stock. I then use a new Simple Purchase to deal with the supplier invoice. Ideally, the system should be able to tell me what stock is required, but the is no correlation between Assembly and Inventory. We use about 8 to 9 different Raw Materials in different quantities to produce our finished goods, so you can understand how frustrating this all is.

I Am Extremely Satisfied & Highly Recommend Dear Inventory!

Pros

After almost two years with DEAR, we couldn't be more pleased! We needed a centralised inventory system with CRM capabilities that could seamlessly integrate and sync to SHOPIFY, XERO, as well as our offline sales channels. Being in the food industry, we also needed a system that could track the shelf-life of our products, and make sure first expired items were sold first. This is an important feature for us that we did not find in TradeGecko, which we tested out as well before we made our decision in early 2016. DEAR also helps us keep track of our items on consignment (location / expiry date / batch number) as well as create hampers and other gift bundles with ease, thanks to their Bill of Materials function. I particularly enjoy the level of detail available to us, to store relevant information such as supplier SKUs and multiple price lists. The system is sturdy and the UX is straightforward and intuitive, which has made the transition easy for the whole team! Tamara Agusta General Manager Profood Ltd

Cons

Occasionally DEAR can be a little slow to load, and customer service is not always as quick as one would like it to be.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Tamara, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that mostly everything is going well for you. If you ever do experience slow performance again please be sure to notify support immediately so our tech team can look into it. Our systems is not known for slow performance as we use top range data centers provide by Microsoft Azure. Best Regards DEAR Team

David from VARIDESK NZ

Plays nicely with Xero, handles our 5 international shopify websites and direct provisioning, Good dispatch workflow

Pros

We are loving this software, been using 8 months now and it is powerful. We run 5 e-commerce sites, 4 warehouses and sell in 3 currencies and it's handling all well. Support, as mentioned, isn't quite as easy as getting a call but we use their tutorials, common sense, their live chat. We also paid for assistance with setup as we didn't want to make any mistakes and desired a bit of support from Work Smart NZ, these guys are great too and worth the extra investment if you value your time” We are currently trying to get the good word out on various sites and we are hoping that you would to take the time out of their day to share it on Getapp:

Cons

The .docx invoice templates are hard work to manipulate, some more standardized system (like unleashed offers) would make life much easier. No great integration with a CRM currently. Also they need a Zapier integration so it can connect to other web apps. We are using email parser functionality to achieve most of this but it's complicated.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi David, Thanks so much for your review! If you require assistance with your template customization feel free to take up our complimentary template customization service. Simply email support with all required changes and we will get it done. In regards to CRM we currently have an integration with SALPO & Capsule CRM. If you would like mroe info about it please book in a call here https://classic.youcanbook.me/v2/jsps/cal.jsp?cal=ZgsGQaWduL34BrkiNkBY Best Regards DEAR Team

Carlos from Ergos Trading Co. Ltd

Industry: Wholesale

experience as a implementer and user of DEAR

a little frustrating for the limitations fo the system and interfae with XERO. Limitations: need to UNDO a compleate sale to be able to make any change Sync with Xero: constant errors Very slowwww we have a 100/40mgb connection and good computers (local app or better use of cache)

Pros

- What we would expect from a Inventory Managment system - Chinese interface - advance sale function (multiple dispatches, multiple invoices for one sale order) - integration with Shopify -

Cons

DEAR - faster JSON access (no limitation of 60 calls per second) - no need to UNDO sales for non essential information fields change - ability to edit allocation of products - ability to edit batch/serial information - Reports 1) shows clear information of Sale Order that have not been 1) shiped, 2) invoiced. 2) be able to extract information related to earning power of a product (% margin x rotation of a product) - Ability to limit sales bellow certain margin or price - Dashboard with historical inventory and accounts receivables graphs (currently not available) - Rename product fields (example: type, category, brand, stock locator, barcode…) - Additional fields available on more reports - reports are missing a lot of related information that could / should be available

Danielle from Modern Bungalow

We can get it to do what we need.

We have a retail store that sells custom furniture with a multi-month lead time. Most of the software out there assumes immediate fulfillment of orders so we had to have something to sit between our POS and our accounting software to "park" orders while in process. Also we wanted a robust backup for our ecommerce product information in order to easily manipulate product data and images especially in case we decide to change ecomm platforms in the future.

Pros

It is very adaptable and has a lot of features

Cons

It often takes a lot of adaptation to get exactly what I need out of the software. For example, for inventory management software, the question "what is the total dollar amount of on-hand inventory?" should be top of mind. Instead it's totally buried in a report not exactly suited for that purpose. So I had to tweak the report and favorite the amended report to have that info handy.

Ashton from Billy Jealousy

Industry: Wholesale

Really great software with small areas to grow

Ease of use across all of our employees. Decreased costs and improved inventory accuracy.

Pros

Well thought out sales workflow. Really flexible and powerful in ways others weren't to enter sales orders. Takes a little getting used to, but there is a lot in there. Love the ability to price tier for B2B sales. Integrates really well with Shopify and eBay. Need to check out the B2B portal that is available, but haven't gotten to that part yet. Even though the support is all email based, we have been delighted with the speed of response and solutions to any issues we've had. I'd say on average the response time to new tickets has been in the 5-15 minute range with maybe one that reached 45 minutes. Often I'd wait longer on hold with a tech line with other companies than it takes to get a response from DEAR support email. Great integration with our accounting. Easy to implement API for extending the functionality of DEAR.

Cons

There are a few things that still need improvement we've run into. Credit Notes/Memos are terribly hard to figure out and make work correctly if you wish to give the customer a credit to use at a future date not tied to a transaction in DEAR. DEAR does tiered pricing for sales, but there is no way to have volume purchasing discount tiers beyond manually changing every time a PO is created. If a small change has to take place during fulfillment DEAR requires you to revert the order back to the very beginning of the workflow process and complete every stage again. Rather than just let you go back one step. The fulfillment QC process could be strengthened a lot. It's basically based on trust with no verification. Right now it assumes all counts/data entry keyed in are 100% accurate. I'd like to see some kind of barcode based QC verification.

Ali from Center for Global Impact

Inventory Manager

I have been very thankful and appreciative of the support and help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He has provided great customer service.

Pros

It has helped us tremendously to manager our inventory and to ensure the right people get the product that they purchasing. It is great that the integrations are compatible with our POS and online store.

Cons

It does not let us print individual barcodes per product.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Ali, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We try our very best to provide an excellent service to our customers. As of now our customers can print one or more labels for product(s) via the Print Product Label menu in the All Product section (All Products -> Print -> Product Label). The product label includes SKU, product name and Barcode. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Corey from Holiday Companies

Perfect fit for our assembly business

Pros

The main reason we picked this application is for the "Production" part of it. It allows us to setup BOMs as a template, but then adjust them on the fly during the production. The second reason to love this application is for the APIs. It allowed us to add our "unique" processes (the way we handle commissions) and create non-standard reports. Xero is one half of our corporate brain (the money side), while DEAR is other half (the counts side). Additionally, we just integrated our Shopify website with DEAR and we are planning to use their B2B functionality in 2018. Finally, they react to their clients. I have made requests for features that were handled.

Cons

They could add "Current available" as a pop up when in the Purchases section. This would allow better decision making rather than having a second window open. Very very minor. Other than that, having an API really helps.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied January 2018

Hi Corey, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you will be utilizing our B2B platform ! We made massive enhancements to it in 2017 and will continue this in 2018. Regards DEAR Team

Thomas from Urban Couture Design + Homewares

Industry: Furniture

Intuitive and close to everything we need.

Pros

"DEAR are going to really shake up the whole software development industry. Ive never experienced such great service and the product itself is brilliant. Its intuitive and very user friendly. My staff have picked it up very quickly and its improved our whole business process. Standard response times after submitting a ticket are usually in a couple of hours- (It takes me 3 days to hear from my website developers). Best of all, we needed a feature customised for us, and after contacting DEAR, they had the feature available on the platform within a number of days. 10/10."

Cons

The only con is that currently, there is no connection to Zapier. Once this happens, then I cant pick any faults with DEAR at all!

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Thomas, Thank you for the superb review. We are currently working on API version 2 among other things until end of the year. We still have not ruled out an integration with Zapier or OneSaas and are hoping to work with one of these platforms (or both) sometime next year. Will definitely keep you updated once we decide which one we are going to go with. Best Regards DEAR Team

Comprehensive and Flexible with Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Cloud based and the integrations with Xero and Woo Commerce are really great and the main reasons we changed from using Lightspeed. Does almost everything we liked in Lightspeed and more. The ability to pick, pack and ship gives us great visibility on the progress of orders. Easy to use once you get the hang of it. The support is excellent - very quick and always helpful.

Cons

I would like to see price tiers on the product overview page. We can only see it on the individual product page or once it has been added to an invoice. Customer Backorders don’t automatically link to Purchase orders so there is no prompt to notify customers as soon as their order comes in. We use Dear in the front end of our retail store so a built in end of day report and reconciliation would be very useful.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied December 2017

Hi Amy, Thank you for the review. Just to address some of the cons: 1) A link is established for customer backorders you can use the "Find Sale Backordered By Purchase Order" report to locate the status of backordered items. There are also a number of other Backorder reports which you can utilise if the the mentioned above is not suitable. 2) We would recommend to use DEAR POS in the fron end of your business if you are not doing so currently. DEAR POS has register closure report which can give you an end of day summary upon closure of register. A number of sale order reports are also available in DEAR Inventory if you do not prefer using our POS solution. Best Regards DEAR Team

Minal from Business Continuum

Flexible and Comprehensive Cloud Inventory Solution

Pros

DEAR's extensive functionality proves to be an exceptional inventory solution for businesses with complex and established workflows. We at Business Continuum have had extensive experience working with DEAR, and the comprehensive yet easy to use solution has been a selling point for many businesses. After implementation, end users are left with role based permissions, a clean single page view for each function of the system, and an active support team that actually answers your questions and takes on potential changes. A clear road map with regular developments is constantly being updated to improve the system. We have seen businesses of all sizes and natures effectively use DEAR to streamline their processes and gain important insight into their inventory management.

Cons

DEAR's complexity requires dedicated time to learn the system - however, the reward is immense. Certain functions and settings require intimate knowledge of the system.

Phil from Batch Brew Limited

Great product - dreadful pricing strategy

Great software, very poor pricing strategy

Pros

The product has grown with the business, taking from when we produced one gin to with now over 30 products. It works well, however...

Cons

I was really disappointed by the 'management' who doubled the subscription charge mostly by charging for two modules, DEAR PoS and API that we had evaluated but not really used. We were not informed about these change and when it was raised after a renewal rather than remove and refund, I was informed that the policy was 'we don't issue refunds.

Mohd Suffian from Automotive

The best product of its kind in the market.

Pros

Very intuitive to use. Many detailed features. Excellent customer support. Responsive to suggestions.

Cons

The way they handle the serial number of unique items of an SKU can be improved. As of right now, the auto-select serial number during 'pick' is prioritized alphabetically instead of numerically (i.e. serial number 11 is higher in auto-select priority as opposed to serial number 2), which is annoying.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Mohd, Thank you for your review we are glad to hear that things are going well with DEAR. Just addressing your cons regarding serial number selection. It is not sorted based on alpha numerical, the auto pick is based on the costing method selected for the serialised product. If your costing method you used is the generic FIFO the system will sort it based on the First in First Out basis. If you need to be able to select which serial number you want to sell please use the Special Costing method. This will allow you to select which serialised product you want to sell during pick stage. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us in support@dearsystems.com or book in a call here https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp Best Regards DEAR Team

Incredibly functional inventory system for small manufacturers

As a small manufacturer, Dear Inventory has become a vital part of my operation. Robust integration offerings allow me to sync e-commerce websites, accounting software, shipping programs, etc. Dear Inventory allows me to consolidate my business and ensure that every aspect of my organization ... from receiving, to manufacturing, to selling, to shipping, to reporting ... is working in harmony. I love the fact that I have access to quick and reliable support for my system, and the development team is great about taking my comments and suggestions and working to incorporate them into the ongoing development of the program. I could not be happier with the Dear Inventory solution.

Pros

Extremely functional inventory allocation system throughout the manufacturing process; Robust offering of integrations to support every aspect of my business; Reliable support through the Dear Inventory support team; Ongoing development that takes into account the feedback of users.

Cons

The reporting tool, while functional, is sometimes a bit sluggish. It takes a little bit of trial-and-error to figure out which reports have which information.

Rick from Lovely Drinks LTD

Does everything we need to run our soft drinks company

Business totally depends on it!

Pros

Is really great for traceabilty of our products from ingredient to end customer. Has lots of great functionality Excellent value for money Good support - they always get straight back to us

Cons

There is just a couple of basic features missing that we have brought up before.. You can attach files to lots of areas such as Sales etc but you can't attach a file to an assembly - which in a food product is where you would want to attach a file - eg the batch record, pasteuriser log etc. This would make quite a difference When you print a label for a product there is no option for creating ITF14 barcodes for outer packaging (standard) Be good if there was a way of manually setting the cost price and margins for an assembled product

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied December 2017

Hi Rick, Thank you for the review. Just addressing some of the cons, its a good suggestion regarding ability to attach notes to assemblies. Next year we are planning on adding extra enchancements to core app DEAR Inventory as this year was mostly concentrated on external integrations & also the development of our own POS and B2B eCommerce portal. Strongly suggest to leave a feature request for 2018 development considerations. Regards DEAR Team

ken from AD Technology Australia

The best e-comerce intergrated platfom

Time saving more accurate

Pros

1. Easy to intergrate my ebay, website, payment portal. 2. Perfect syn with all platforms 3. Super fast respond from support team 4. It is very accurately in all accounting things.

Cons

RMA is not convient in my business running model. But I believe that is suitable for most of the companies.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied March 2021

Hello Ken, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that DEAR has helped you in your organization. We strive to serve our customers to the best of our abilities. RMA is a new feature we released recently. We are still working on improving/adding new functionality to it. We would like to understand your use-case and how we can help you. Please do contact us if you have any difficulties. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Paul from Sole Juice Ltd

Industry: Printing

Excellent software, easy to set up and use

Pros

I have to say that not only is this software so easy to set up and amazing to use but the support is genuinely the best I have received from any company in the last 20 years. Schedule a call, they skype in and share your screen, go through whatever you need nothing too much trouble, the help videos are brilliant but the email support I can't get my head around. Its been 9 & 10 pm at night UK time and I am emailing questions in and they are FULLY answered in literally 4 or 5 mins Not some half baked canned response but proper answers based on your question Easy to use Easy to set up Works on multiple channels such as Shopify Ebay etc Syncs with Xero accounting software

Cons

Sometimes the syncing once you use multiple sales channels is a little confusing (well for me anyhows) but thats just a slight issue

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Paul, Thank you for the superb review ! Just addressing your small concern, if you ever need a walk through on how DEAR syncs information with our add on partner apps feel free to book in a call with one of our representatives following the below link: https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp Best Regards DEAR Team

Charlie from SPORTTAPE

All round, Dear Systems is fantastic way of centralizing all your business essentials.

Pros

The ability to custom make invoices is a massive pro. Using Dear has meant that automating emails, bulk downloading invoices and keeping track of what's been fulfilled and what hasn't is so much simpler than it was in our previous system. It has also made things much easier in liasing between our warehouse and sales departments. The customer service has been excellent - everything, from integration information/guidelines to quick fixes on invoice issues that we couldn't iron out, was dealt with promptly and efficiently. All round it's been a fantastic experience and would be my go to system to manage inventory, fulfillments and keeping track of the accounts.

Cons

I think the biggest issue was finding that the integrations with third party shipping providers was severely limited, although it has been assured that this currently under review and likely to improve. A small con in a plethora of pros!

Perry from activCirk

Excellent product backed by excellent support and free training. DEAR is the heart of my business!

time

Pros

This system works as advertised. There is a great balance of functionality to nudge you towards running a better business and enough flexibility to tailor the operation to your business needs. The free training is excellent, far better than paid training that I have endured with other systems. They are super responsive with any questions that I do have, always resolving my questions with 1-2 emails. Being able to connect to my customers shopping carts on my website while providing professional looking forms and documents for shipping the product out the door is fantastic. Accurately providing accounting information to Xero in moments is another great feature.

Cons

Creating the purchase orders is less intuitive when I purchase items that will not be used in products ( e.g. services, support items like bags and boxes). This may very likely be a training problem.

lawrence from Environmental and Public Policy Research Institute

DEAR is extremely well designed

Pros

DEAR has great depth, anticipates many issues and has great capabilities. Its focus is on the steak, not the sizzle. I'm confident that it will handle any need I'll discover I need in future. Other apps I use are great at marketing but their capabilities fall far short of what's advertised. With DEAR it's the reverse.

Cons

Customer support used to be off-putting and frustrating -- condescending and cryptic, unhelpful responses that required multiple questions, and defensive, too. Plus, very slow to respond. But it has improved a lot. The staff is knowledgeable and has become friendly -- some bad apples probably left. The answers to queries are now generally excellent. The service is still only by email and still often slow to respond. I'm on my own if I need an immediate response to a problem.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Replied November 2017

Hi Lawrence, Thank you for your review. Just to address some of your concerns regarding support turnaround. Our targets for support staff is to respond to new tickets within the first hour. This is usually achieved on over 95% of cases unless it is related to a technical issue. You can also always book in a call at a time convenient for you using the booking service on our website. Below is the link to our booking service. https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp Best Regards DEAR Team

Michael from Rogue + Wolf

The only stock management service that does taxes correctly

If you want to automate your bookkeeping and accounting as much as possible, this is the way to go. Currently have 6 marketplaces hooked up and they all push to Xero automatically. Of course DEAR manages stock numbers across markets as well.

Pros

We've tried many stock management apps before DEAR and none of them pushed correct data to Xero for bookkeeping. DEAR dies a stellar job on the books while doing everything else very competently. Saves us tons of time and money.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit slow on certain actions. And the tech support used to be somewhat lacking but they stepped up their game recently. Quick and responsive now. The learning curve is a bit steel at first. But we quickly realised that was because DEAR doesn't cut corners in organising your stock and books. So you have to learn to do things the proper way. A pain at first but saves you from horrible issues with the taxman later.

Flexible and functional inventory software

Pros

Having used DEAR for over a year now, we were looking for an all in one inventory system that could integrate with our Ecommerce and accounting packages. A friend recommended DEAR and since then, we never looked back! Some of the benefits we found: - Flexible setup and customisable features - Useful Batch and expiry date tracking (saved us on a couple of occasions, having to do recalls on certain products) - Support was detailed and helpful - Integration with xero works very well

Cons

Not a lot of negatives, as a lot of the feedback has been converted into fixes and updates over the past 12 months. Its great to see DEAR systems listening to their customers and implementing changes: - Look and feel was a little basic, but new facelift and appearance customisations should fix this - Initial setup was difficult on my own, but once i connected with support, all integration and setup issues were dealt with. - Does not connect with Bigcommerce Ecommerce solution any longer.

Liz from BumbleBar, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Still needs work but better than any alternatives

Pros

Dear Inventory is a cost-effective 70% solution to manage food production including BOM's, suppliers, customers, etc... The company is almost continually updating & improving the software. I remain hopeful that at some point the frustrating aspects of the program will be resolved. The implementation is straightforward and does not require a 3rd party to execute. We have trialed and used a number of entry-level MRP systems and believe this to be the best offering at this time.

Cons

The integration with QB is messy and riddled with errors. It seems like the integration with Xero is better but we use QBO for many other integrations so have not made the switch to Xero. Timely customer service for North American customers is lacking since Dear is based in Australia.

Steve from Dart Flyscreens Ltd

Superb system, excellent support

DEAR is probably the most important system in our business. It has revolutionised our company and allowed us to grow quickly, expanding the product range and marketplaces. It ties everything in beautifully so that, in conjunction with Xero, we have complete management control of the business. It's truly brilliant and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Pros

It's stable, reliable, never goes wrong and the support staff are excellent. When problems do occur, they are sorted out very quickly. Synchronisation with Xero, Amazon and eBay is near-flawless.

Cons

Some aspects are a little unintuitive, and it does entail the user understanding quite a lot about how stock control works. The B2B trade portal isn't great and needs a rethink. These are very small issues though compared with what the system does well - which is nearly everything.

nigel from svaja ltd

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Difficult to fault - Dear is Dear to our business!

The Dear option was considered amongst others of the same ilk, but was ahead in some key areas. This and the fact that I was able to find a consultant to help us implement Dear was key. In fact Run Your Business Online (RYBO) are now experts in Dear capability and implementation. There has been a great deal of development in Dear's capability and customer service is really good. Hard to fault and I would not change. Integration with Xero is brilliant.

Pros

easy to use, feature rich and continuously improved

Cons

advance knowledge of changes and updates planned and some feedback on suggestion placed on the forum would be welcome. A dialogue with dear on the forum would be a massive incentive to add more requests

Ryan from Diga Digital Intelligence Pty Ltd

Dear Systems - For your Inventory Requirements

Access to sales and purchases data in sufficient detail to make accurate business decisions on stock lines

Pros

Flexible with a great level of detail and functionality

Cons

Can be complex to setup if the business design is not properly documented and understood.

Integration with Xero

Florence from Koita

DEAR a GREAT SOFTWARE

Pros

Can be accessible everywhere, online software. Easy to use and to integrate into other Softwares. Reporting is so easy to do and you can have all the possible reports that you want.

Cons

Limited Price Tiers. You cannot UNDO the sale that is converted to Advance Sale. You cannot UNDO the voided SO and Credit note

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

It can be accessed everywhere as long as you have internet connection

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Florence, Thank you for your valuable feedback. As per the current design, once you convert to an advanced sale you cannot revert it back to a simple sale. Also, when a sales order or credit note is voided, it can not be undone. One of our Customer Success Manager will contact you to help you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us support@dearsystems.com Best Regards, DEAR Team.

DONA from Klik Belts

We run the whole company on DEAR

Often times I do run in to a problem, either I entered something wrong and can't fix it, or I need a bulk operation done and need support. DEAR support is always very, very responsive and they keep holding my hand until we get where we need to be. I can't say enough good things about the support. All of the support staff know the product and can immediately understand what I need, they stay with me until I do it.

Pros

The integration with our web store and accounting software, totally automated everything.

Cons

Its complicated, but probably not overly so considering what it does.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied September 2020

Hello Dona, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that our Support Team has helped you when you faced difficulties. We strive to serve our customers to the best of our abilities. Please do contact us if you have any difficulties. Best Regards, DEAR Team