• Pros

• "There isn't a thing about the product that we don't like or use"

• "Full of features. Excellent reporting. Customer service is usually very quick and helpful."

• "I liked that service advisors had a place to mention declined services. From there, the dealership can export the data to a marketing company or export the report for use by their in-house team. "

• Cons

• "The blue screen is a little tough to learn and the software is Expensive and if you go over the amount of licensed users you have to pay more. "

• "In order to use it you MUST take training courses in the program. If you have used it before that could be annoying."

• "The cost. They seem to know they have a good product and they are going to charge you for it. I think a lot of dealers switch from them due only to cost."

Browse ERA-IGNITE Reviews

Tammy from Connections Plus

Era-Ignite... Management software by Reynolds and Reynolds. They have out did there selfs

Reynolds and Reynolds has opened up the next generation of management software for business small or large.

Pros

This incredible software is user friendly for any level employee. It practically walks you through the process of any departments record saving so much time rather than through different screens it's all built in.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that I didn't absolutely love about Era- Ignite. This software is exceptional and so far advanced.

Reasons for Switching to ERA-IGNITE

We heard how this software made the difference in other companies and wanted it for ours.

Response from Reynolds and Reynolds

Replied April 2020

Tammy, thanks for your review of ERA-IGNITE. We're glad that the user-friendly and intuitive design is making business a little easier for you.

Holly from bravo cadillac

Great for keeping track of Leads

I would probably try to find a cheaper product that does the same

Pros

I love Reynolds and Reynolds. You can keep all your leads and prospect in the system for follow ups. We use era ignite for the service part of the dealership. Great for service advisors to put in their ROs and what work has been done on the vehicle.

Cons

Response from Reynolds and Reynolds

Replied December 2019

Holly, thanks for reviewing ERA-IGNITE. We're proud to be the leading provider of software and systems for automotive retailers. Our Windows-based system is designed to be intuitive so employees can pick it up fast. If you're ever having any issues, we offer built-in training and our award-winning support team is just a phone call away.

william from Automotive

review of ERA Ignite

I have been satisfied ececpt the annual cost of living increases of 4% annually and the legnyh of the contract

Pros

It is much easier to use than Era and the Blue screen applications are

Cons

There are so many functions i do not know about . Both myself and the staff need better training

Response from Reynolds and Reynolds

Replied March 2021

William, thanks for sharing your thoughts on ERA-IGNITE. For training options for you and your team, check out our training page (reyrey.com/training) or contact our Software Education department by emailing: SED@reyrey.com. We have free webinars and paid courses designed to help you get the most out of our products. Thanks for being a Reynolds customer!

Not well thought out

Pros

The Windows UI is nice improvement over the old blue screen of ERALink/Access. Navigation can be a bit troublesome sometimes but the help function usually can guide you to where you need to be. I've been told by some of my users they like it and it has streamlined their daily work. But I've also heard from an equal amount of users who's daily routine has been negatively impacted by the change. Mainly by adding more clicks/steps to their processes.

Cons

The fact that we are being forced to change to this product, when they still have so many bugs to work out of it is very frustrating. Reynolds continues to make changes on how things like reports print, but never seem to give any thought to how that will impact users. They would greatly benefit from having their programmer leads visit a cross section of dealers to see the daily usage of the product to better understand how to improve it. As it is now, it is a bunch of programmers doing what they THINK a dealership would do, rather than what actually happens. This has driven my multi-point group to looking at their competition and could very well lead us to change providers. Even long time users/admins of ERA in our group (25+ year users) are cursing the changes without thought that Reynolds has done in Ignite.

Justin from Vern Eide Motorcars

Good But Not Great

We've used Reynolds for many years. Spent most of it using the classic terminal screen before switching to Ignite. While we did like Reynolds DMS, it was too expensive and was time for a change.

Pros

Cons

Expensive. You pay for alot of features that should be included for the price you are already paying. Requires alot of on site server hardware.

Jennifer from New Smyrna Chrysler Jeep

Work in automotive industry and use everyday for repair orders

Pros

Because it's the only software I've ever used in this business I do not have anything to compare to, but I like that it's to use and train employees to use. It's universally used at most dealerships.

Cons

I do not like that it is not a windows based program and that it is hard to move around from screen to screen. I have heard that there is a windows version. I believe that we have an outdated version.

Nathan from Peak Performance

I worked as a vendor to dealerships and we jointly utilized this software for service data/marketing

Pros

Cons

Reynolds is rather strict with third parties accessing data do it can become costly to market. Even so, ignite is still a much better offering than their previous green screen offering.

Debra from Ford-Lincoln

Nice to not see the blue screen.

Pros

I as so happy when Ignite was introduced, it was easy to work on as opposed to blue screen, had so many more features and benefits (car talk) at my fingertips.

Cons

Buying seats to use a great product, why would not want everyone on for ease and functionality of the product.

Have been using Reynolds & Reynolds for over 30 years and ignite is a step foward.

Use everyday in the automotive business

Pros

Ignite is moving in the right direction toward a windows based system. It is very detailed and has the ability to save time and increase efficiency.

Cons

More Free Training videos would be helpful. Reynolds want to charge for most all of the in depth training.

Lisa from The Villages Entertainment

Being in the automobile business we used this extensively

Pros

The ease of use as well as the "look" of the product on the computer. Reporting was especially easy to obtain.

Cons

Not having all of the data that we entered available in real time. Most was, however, there were some applications that were not.

Jason from City Chevrolet

Great DMS

Pros

We use Reynolds for our DMS and love how easy it is to use and how it intregrates with our CRM. Very easy to read reports!

Cons

Cost is a little high but based off of my experience with them its well worth it. Product is awesome!

Maxwell from Quinnipiac University

Manage Inventory on the Lot More Effectively

Using Ignite has allowed the dealership I have experience with to stay much more connected and be run more efficiently. This software has been very beneficial for all users, and the business itself. It is hard to imagine life at the dealership running smoothly without software such as this.

Pros

Excellent way beyond just using an Excel spreadsheet to track lot inventory as well as other aspects of running the dealership. Interactive with participants and very useful when used correctly and updated promptly. Will give sales consultants closure and comfort knowing the information they need is at their fingertips, rather than running off to the sales manager or GM.

Cons

Sometimes hard to get others to use the software effectively and correctly, there is a little bit of a learning curve to some and may seem overwhelming sometimes. Interface also perhaps in need of some updating.

Chris from Knapp Chevrolet

Best Dealership DMS

I have worked with many other dealership systems, and the ERA system is by far the best one I have experienced.

Pros

simple maneuverability. It allows accounting to generate information quickly and easily.

Cons

price

Casey from Preferred Auto

The Best There Is

This program does it all! We use this product to follow up with customers, send out mass emails, and it's so easy to use!

Pros

There isn't a thing about the product that we don't like or use

Cons

Cost

chris from david stanley dodge

Dealership dms

Reynolds and Reynolds is a good product just a little out-dated but overall pretty good, easy to use easy to learn and navigate

Pros

easy to learn and use

Cons

out-dated product

Samantha from Rainbow Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

It is an ok software if you have a current version

It is very outdated unless you have a current up to date model. It is very easy to navigate through.

Pros

Cons

None

Shira from ig burton

love it

Pros

It's so simple and easy to use. I use ERA-IGNITE everyday at work and fine it one of the better softwares to use for service and writing purchase orders.

Cons

It just looks outdated. Rounded buttons or a new layout/theme would be great.

Christa from Naples Dodge

Best product for dealers!

I use this in the auto business as a parts person.

Pros

I have used a few other products at other dealerships and they had minor issues but didn't make my job any easier. I really like the ignite program for its usefulness and ease of use. It is very straightforward and makes my job easier.

SANDRA from Automotive

Reynolds and Reynolds just wasn't for us

Pros

What we did like about using the Reynolds and Reynolds system was that it was fairly user friendly and a pretty basic system.

Cons

What we ended up liking least about the Reynolds and Reynolds software was that it just did not do all the things we wanted our CRM to do or provide us with.

Good product

Overall good product. Easy to use.

Pros

I like the that the product is a windows based version. That really helps with multitasking. Customer support is above average.

Cons

I used this tool at John Bear Chevrolet Buick GMC in New Hamburg as the BDC manager

Pros

I like how all the information you need is attached to the customer and you can view sales and service history any time.

Cons

I dislike the interface. it is extremely outdated and needs to be modernized to keep up with the quickly changing industry

Kristina from Atlantic Auto Group

ERA is efficient above all else

This product is a generation above blue screens.

Pros

The product helps me do things quicker than previous software so the customers are not stuck waiting. The electronic signature is the best part.

Cons

Learning a new product is always time consuming, and this one took a while to get down. It's stressful that I cannot look up activity from a closed month without using EDM.

Melissa from Hedrick's Chevrolet

Feels like the only product we can use.

The customer support is not impressive the product has been around forever and feels like it is the only product the dealership can use. We have a love hate relationship with it:)

Will from Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of franklin

Excellent service

Great customer support and service. Easy to tall to and very knowledgeable of products. Wouldn't hesitate to be a return customer