What are FreshBooks users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FreshBooks software through verified user reviews

3,652 Reviews

2,106
1,240

• icon"Ease of use and integration from pc to mobile. The fact that i could copy repetitive invoices and projects saved me a lot of time as well."
  • icon"It’s very easy to use,excellent customer service and use also a great mobile app. I am really happy to have this software in my company."
  • icon"I love that i can send edit and track my business. The app on my phone is great but would like more of the same options as the desktop."
  • icon"Interface is hard and confusing to use. Not built for those without precision motor skills (forget it if you have any sort of impairment)."
  • icon"The downside of FreshBooks is that there is no possibility of merging contacts while duplicates are repeated when Freshbooks connects to another platform e.g. Hubspot."
  • icon"There are a few features missing in the software compared to the other softwares."

Browse all FreshBooks Reviews

• Have you used FreshBooks and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 3,651 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,651 reviews

Solid alternative to Quickbooks

Maddie

May 2022

FreshBooks made my day at work so much easier

Integration with customers' books, as well as the option to include team members in the layout, are all included. On the subject of Application Programming Interfaces. It appeals to me since it brings everything together in one convenient location. The entire software is so simple to use that anyone can learn how to use it.

Pros

I appreciate how user-friendly it is, as well as the appearance of the program, and that it has the essentials when it comes to monitoring money and sending invoices and proposals. It's a really amazing piece of software that provides quick alerts. Excels in the area of financial reporting. When it comes to bank reconciliation, the general ledger is really helpful. Excellent in regard to project accounting.

Cons

The absence of features like as email automation and scheduling, which are provided by applications such as Dubsado and Honeybook, would be an example. One thing I'd want the developers to improve on is making sure that updates are made at the very least within one hour and not much longer.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Freshbooks not only helps me with the core responsibilities of invoicing and costs, but it also assists me in getting a comprehensive picture of the financial health of my company.

waqar

March 2022

Review About FreshBooks

Overall my experience with is quite good, it's easy to use and prices are affordable. they need to add more templates for invoices, for small companies, it's a good solution. if you want to switch, you should use its free trial first then if you feel it's according to your requirements you can switch.

Pros

1. This accounting solution is very feasible across different operating systems, you can use it with Linux, Unix, Windows, iOS, and android. 2. Flexible and affordable price plans, you can choose your plan according to your amount of work and employees. 3. Most of the accounting software won't let you use it full fledge during the free trial but FreshBooks allows you to use it full fledge during the free trial period so that you can evaluate your plan accordingly. 4. FreshBooks has the best service agents and help center, according to many satisfied customers, FreshBook earns the most trusted reviews than any other software team.

Cons

1. Limited Number of invoicing templates. 2. lack of multicurrency support.

Garrick

Industry: Law Practice

A Game Changer

I found it to be incredible it does what I need it to do, better than anyone else.

Pros

I use this to bill clients, send invoices, and to track time. This tool is incredible for how I use it. It does everything better than I could dream or need it to perform.

Cons

I pay for everything else, I might find a need to use it one day, but for me: the software is perfect.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

This captured our time in such an amazing way and made it easy to give to clients.

Frank

I wish I could rate it higher than a 10

Switching to it from one of those other software packages was one of the most liberating experiences of my career.

Pros

It was so easy to add and remove third party apps if and when they were needed.Plus, there were lots of options for third party apps that I could plug in or switch out as needed.

Cons

It never once made me a cup of coffee. I know that sounds like a weird joke but that's pretty much the only thing that it couldn't do for me.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I made the mistake of adding some extra services onto my QuckBooks account. It took a matter of seconds to add them. When they weren't working out for me, getting them removed took numerous phone calls and hours of my time. I eventually reached a point where it was easier to switch than to continue dealing with them.

Kenny

April 2022

Excellent Experience

Pros

I switched mainly for the well laid out App and the project profitability reports. I very much needed help tracking projects and expenses. This recaps all activity on one page. I also like that it has mileage and expense tracking all tied in.

Cons

Cost was a little steep at $50/month but still less than Quickbooks.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Price and features were compared in Freshbooks and I was able to achieve all I needed and it was less than Quickbooks. Other software didn’t have all the features I needed so they were ruled out.

Project profitability

Nathan

March 2022

Very safe choice for US-based freelance proposals and invoicing

Pros

It does what I need it to do. I want to send pretty proposals so I can look all professional and all that without tinkering in Word or Excel. Then CLICK it's an invoice.

Cons

The price is OK when you have income. It's a good chunk of change to put down if you don't get anywhere. BUT it's a solid, proven platform. Also not great if you're based outside of North America.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Because Indy isn't done development yet. I loved Indy.

Unjustified currency transaction fee

Nazmul

Best Project Management for Small Business

If you ask me for a rating, I would give 8 out of 10. With a huge amount of features like invoicing, Client Portal, Contact Management, Expense Tracking, Project Management make your business easy to manage. For people who are trying to start a new business, I would recommend the FreshBooks at first.

Pros

FreshBooks is very easy to use and has so many features that help you manage your business in a short time. They have excellent customer services. The most fascinating thing about FreshBooks is it has also mobile app and the UI design is so eye-catching. They create attractive invoices for clients. Another coolest feature of FreshBooks is "Proposal". This feature allows you to show the work and writing space and attach your customize pictures.

Cons

Although you can hardly find cons in FreshBooks. But sometimes something grabs notice. I think the least likable thing about FreshBooks is limiting users. Only one user can use FreshBooks. And the other one is the price. I think as a small business management tool, it is a little expensive than others.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

I thought I have a small business, so I don't need to start with a big company. I just wanted a simple tool that fulfills my needs. And found them in FreshBook. Another thing I should mention that makes me choose FreshBooks over the QuickBooks is the referral system. Though I didn't refer anyone yet.

Jessica

Doesn’t compare to quickbooks

Overall, I wanted to like fresh books. However in the long run they just don’t compare to quick books.

Pros

Customer service is great, they are always helpful & available via phone or email.

Cons

Many features aren’t even available in the lite version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Jessica, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. Thank you for your kind words about our Support Team - we do aim to help customers however we can! You are correct that there are certain features in FreshBooks that are associated with certain plans. If you haven't had a chance already to share the specifics of what features you'd like to see in our Lite plan, our Support Team can assist in passing that feedback along. The contact information for the Support Team can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied March 2022

Sabin

Industry: Wholesale

February 2022

good application to maintain accounting and financial management

Pros

Its pretty good app to manage a very small scale business. easy to use and manage and in case of invoice making and financial management .

Cons

It has some kind of bug issues and it crash sometimes. Field customization is not possible in case of invoice.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Sabin, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I have ensured that your feedback about wanting customizable fields on Invoices has been passed along to our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates we make to FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418654981005-Changes-Updates-in-2022 As for the mention of bugs or other issues, I'm sorry to hear you encountered such matters. Our Support Team is happy to assist in troubleshooting or assisting however we can! Our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied February 2022

Kimberly

Industry: Civil Engineering

Trial before switching prodcuts

I have used as a customer to consultants for ease of payments and reviewing invoices and open balances. As a user, it was trialed but not picked for the firm.

Pros

Easy to use, great for small business, good for value. May be considered in future for other use other than this firm

Cons

Did not seem to have all the features we needed for staff timesheets tracking project budgets, etc.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Kimberly, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the features that FreshBooks has to offer. We do offer some of the mentioned features that were of concern, like the Time Entry Detail report, Time Tracking, Projects etc. If you have any specific feedback on what kinds of features (or expansions to current features) that you'd like to see in FreshBooks, our Support Team would be happy to pass any feedback along to our Product Team. The contact information for our Support Team can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied February 2022

Corey

Can't work without it

With FreshBooks, I am able to track expenses easily and I can invoice clients quickly in a very professional way. I love the invoice deadline features that remove the need for regular maintenance on client accounts. I literally wouldn't be able to work without it.

Pros

I fell in love with FreshBooks years ago, before I even had the need for many of its features. I have grown my business to use the services offered at a higher level and now look for opportunities to use it because it is that good. The invoicing is the best service for my business and I highly recommend it.

Cons

I honestly can't find anything that I don't like.

It is the best!

Randal

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick. The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use. The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice). Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now. Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer. Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless. All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception. We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

At the time, I liked the Cloud version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied October 2021

Yvonne

Great Invoicing Software for Designers

Freshbooks has a cleaner and more user friendly interface than any accounting software that I’ve used. My CPA complains that the back end is not as robust as Quickbooks, but other than that, it’s the best for creatives in my opinion

Pros

I love the ability to create proposals with pictures and a client signature line. Also, the app is pretty great.

Cons

I’d like to be able to add pictures through the app, but it’s never worked. The back end for taxes and reconciling found be better according to my cpa

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Freshbooks allows for pictures to be attached to proposals which is vital to my biz.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed an easy to use app

Scott

December 2021

Run as fast as you can from this platform now that they are forcing migrations to new platform

FreshBooks was founded by someone that wanted to make a great product for small businesses to do invoicing and time tracking, that focus is obviously gone and the focus revolves around their payment processing.

Pros

We implemented the "Classic Freshbooks" which was a super clean interface that you could navigate with your keyboard for the most part, was stable and efficient. This worked great for us for almost 10 years.

Cons

They are now forcing their new interface on everyone, which is buggy and slow. Constant downtime at critical times like end of month, causing customers not to be able to access and pay invoices. Huge financial repercussions for us due to this.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Wanted an online system which QB didn't offer at the time.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Scott, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. You are correct that we are moving customers to the new FreshBooks. I'm sorry that you've experienced some issues with your account since moving, but our Support Team is here to help however we can. While there are some changes between the classic and new FreshBooks, feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable to our team as we make continue to make changes and updates to the software. We post those updates here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If you have any questions or matters we can assist with, the contact details for our Support Team are listed here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied December 2021

Josephine

April 2022

No more sass jumping!!!!!

Pros

Easy set up and interface is a plus for a small business owner with adhd was a heaven send for me and my equally impatient team.

Cons

I was having trouble receiving verification email at initial sign up but other then that it’s a typical software doing what softwares do.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Need something different and want to explore

Eathan

February 2022

Freshbooks The best software for service providers

Overall experience is great and would recommend everyone to use freshbooks in their busines

Pros

Freshbooks simple and easy to use,low prices for great services,easy way to track your money,brand your invoices,plus support team actually let's you speak to a real person which is great

Cons

Some recent changes to their platform increased pricing a little, unforseen charges applied to each employee so my account cost me a little more then usual

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I had some technical difficulties with QuickBooks and they did not satisfy my needs as a service provider

Elaine

February 2022

Freshbooks - works for this accounting novice

The learning curve is manageable. There are more features to explore. I have been using Freshbooks since June and plan to continue for my business needs.

Pros

I have been on the creative and development side of my business. Now I own the company and the accounting is new for me and I needed to be a quick study. Freshbooks is user friendly, moderately priced and provides more services and options that I have yet to explore.

Cons

I have not cons about the software. Because I am new to the language of accounting, I sometimes need support creating a report for things that are specific to my need. I am not sure who to connect with to explain that need to see if there is a solution. More of a user con, than a software con.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

More affordable for needs.

Cc

Excellent Low-Cost Billing Software

Superb!

Pros

FreshBooks' functionality and ease of use rival that of more well known billing systems.

Cons

The software works great, but I'd like to be able to manage more than five clients without having to upgrade my plan.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks offered a free trial, which allowed me to assess the platform with no commitment, and ultimately decide that it had everything that I needed in a billing system. I recommend FreshBooks to any small business owners who need to make a switch in their billing system.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed a more automated approach to my billing process.

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

Yunuen

May 2022

Todo fácil y sencillo

Mi experiencia en general es buena puedo registrar los gastos en tiempo real,en su mayoría es sencilla de utilizar cumple con lo que promete y ayuda para sentirme menos estresada en mi día con día respecto al trabajo.

Pros

Logras llevar la contabilidad de una manera fácil y sencilla,logras crear facturas sin tantas complicaciones,cuenta con un gran servicio al cliente que siempre están dispuestos a atender tus dudas y resolver problemas.

Cons

Me desagrada que los precios de paquetes se basen en la cantidad de clientes que se tienen,la conciliación bancaria es un poco difícil de comprender creo que deberían mejorar en ese aspecto y ser un poco más sencillo.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Porque es más sencilla de utilizar, registra los gastos en tiempo real,al contrario de otros servicios que son tardado y complicados.

Yolonda

Good product

Overall, the experience was good. If you don't mind paying the full price while newcomers pay little to nothing, then this is great for you.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up and using FreshBooks. It was also easy for my clients to pay their invoices as well.

Cons

Overall, I don't like the pricing games they play. Long-term users pay higher prices while newcomers get much lower rates.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

It was recommended by a colleague so I tried it out.

Jesse

December 2021

Freshbooks a great, albeit slightly expensive tool for freelancers

I love the look of Freshbooks and what they are doing for freelancers. Great, well designed, and a solid app. If it weren’t for the inevitable high price increase, I would be very tempted to switch from QuickBooks.

Pros

Freshbooks has a fresh, modern design that is refreshing to use when compared to QuickBooks Online. It’s geared toward freelancers and is simple and offers a lot of tools that freelancers need all in one place (invoicing, accounting, time tracking, and simple project management.)

Cons

The main con of Freshbooks is its pricing structure. Rather than monthly pricing that increases if you need more functionality, it’s based on client number. In theory this sounds good, but it also means you inevitably must upgrade when your client base reaches a certain threshold, even if your needs don’t increase. For my business, I only ever need invoicing and accounting; but once my client base passes 50, I would have to upgrade to the $50/mo level—which is double of QuickBooks and doesn’t have as many features.

Kayla

One of the best!

Freshbooks has been wonderful to work with. The customer service is absolutely wonderful. They are always there when you need assistance. It EASY! I LOVE THE SOFTWARE.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the little effort I have to give to the paperwork side if our business. Freshbooks is very easy to use and it makes it fast and simple to do things such as time tracking and keeping track of receipts.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it is that they do not offer payroll. If they did, I'd fully move back over.

Price and options

Jason

Freshbooks: Accounting software for creatives

Freshbooks has afforded us the ability to handle day-to-day bookkeeping without having to pay an accountant. We're able to manage most of our financial tasks ourselves which saves us a lot of money over the course of the year. Now we only need our accountant for year-end taxes.

Pros

Freshbooks was easy to learn and implement in our office to help with bookkeeping. As a designer, my least favorite thing to do was the business side of things, but Freshbooks made the process so much easier that I don't dread it anymore. We can bill clients, pay vendors, track project profits, and more all from one place.

Cons

Learning how to use the software from a non-accounting background can be a bit of a challenge, but once we were able to figure everything out it made the process a lot easier. I do wish that more than one user could use the program at the middle tier without having to pay extra.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

The cost was the ultimate decision-maker.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

The price difference between Freshbooks and Quickbooks was the main factor.

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,651 reviews