Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Very customizable. Love the indirect allocation features"

• "Both were very helpful. The best part is they give an amazon gift card just for reviewing there product."

• "This software has continuous updates to improve qualities"

• "Fund E-Z is very simple and easy to use. It has all the functions needed to do the job and no more extras to confuse you. It is very affordable. "

• Cons

• "The product is still desktop. In today's world, we need cloud based applications. I will they will make it cloud based soon."

• "Permissions can be a total pain but it is easy to change."

• "Not enough set up in the way of select pre made /formated options. not enough sort optons flexability."

• "It does not yet have a Spanish language version even though it has robust multi-currency functionality."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 23 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Samantha from Commission on Economic Opportunity

Fund E Z is very user friendly and easy to set up, even mid-year.

Pros

The implementation process was very well thought out and thorough. There were scheduled calls and then homework assignments where information was reviewed and questions were answered. The software itself is very user friendly. There are lots of reporting functionalities, both canned and easy to make custom reports, as well as reports that export nicely into excel. Report queues can be set up to run multiple reports at once. Information is also easy to find.

Cons

When tracking multiple departments/programs/funding sources, you MUST KNOW the various date ranges required for each in order for the reports to present correctly. The budgeting module is not very flexible and can be difficult to navigate.

August 2015

Leonard from Bencivenga Ward & Company

August 2015

Outstanding Fund Based Accounting Program

Pros

The product allows you to full customize your chart of account as well as reports. They have an advance report module which allows for additional customization. The vendor is extremely responsive in regards to queries and continues to support and improve the product with new revisions and updated versions constantly.

Cons

The switch from version 9 to 10 was drastic with a lot of improvements, but the structure changed to an SQL based software and for users who are used to enter data and scrolling with a mouse there are some drawbacks. Example, if you are in a journal entry and are looking to scroll down and use your mouse, and happen to be on a debit or credit field, it scrolls through the numbers vs. moving the screen, you have to get used to using the side arrows which after two years we still struggle with it. Not a reason to not consider but something you need to be aware of .

Mary from CEO

Good Accounting System for the Money

It meets our needs at a reasonable price, however lacks a lot of the customization that our previous software had.

Pros

Ease of use and familiarization of system. Meets our need for separate accounting of programs. System is very accessible and each member of fiscal staff can easily adapt tables and reports to their needs.

Cons

Customization of reports is labor intensive and time consuming. Also, budget set up is at a global level which is difficult when setting up individual budgets.
When we first got the software, were told that would have ACH payment available shortly for accounts payable. It is two years and they still are "working on it".

Tiffany from Ampla Health

Beautiful and Accurate Reports

Overall I think that it is the best non profit software and it is reasonably priced. I like it better than MIP because you can afford to have all of the modules which eliminates work-arounds because you have half a system.

Pros

Many levels of reporting. I can report by general ledger number, grant, program, department, etc. Reports come out beautiful, so no exporting and tweaking necessary. True non profit financial statements.

Cons

The customer service is great however they are on EST and for agencies on CST, MST or PST, it may be annoying when you can't reach customer service after 3:00pm or 4:00pm. They will respond the next morning.

Wendy from Bierlein Companies, Inc.

Easy to learn even without accounting background.

I would refer any smaller non-profit to use this software.

Pros

I really liked how easily it was to learn and integrate into our business. I started from scratch... setting up general ledger numbering, accounts, payables, invoicing and receivables to setting up the layout I wanted to see on the financial statements. I didn't need to use customer service as everything was put into place and ran seamlessly.

Cons

Some information I wanted to print was not always in a pre-programmed report. I could always find the information but sometimes had to have other information print along with it.

Louis from Connections for Abused Women and their Children

easy to use and meets our needs

This is an excellent program if you need fund accounting. If you have outgrown quickbooks highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use, great features. Great support via phone. Regular updates. competitively priced.Lots of options for reports. And they have been consistently enlarging them with the updates.

Cons

While customer support is great, built in help is thin. the cost is competitive but not cheap. Having used it for years I notice that some improvements while useful, are not as good as they could be because of reluctance to alter the basic structure. But that is true in all software over time.

Jennifer from FLACRA

Using FUND-EZ is easy. The setup and toolbars have made the experience very user-friendly.

It allows us to generate financials quickly and easily and drill down on the details of our business.

Pros

The capability to drilldown within a report and pull up the underlying detail is the most significant asset. Client invoicing is also made simple.

Cons

I wish that I could see on the AP Invoice Detail record within a GL Acct Detail report drilldown a record with the accompanying check number --- knowing whether or not the item had yet been paid from one glance without having to go out and pull up another report would be extremely beneficial and helpful.

Catherine from T.Innovations

Great Software

I use this daily and it is very effective for the type of business we do.

Pros

This software has continuous updates to improve qualities

Cons

Permissions can be a total pain but it is easy to change.

January 2016

Tonia from MDI Consulting

January 2016

Fund EZ Assessment

Pros

Great technical support. They take responsibility for every issue presented to them and don't stop until the issue is resolved.

The software in the last upgrade provides almost as much functionality as MIP/Abila with a much more logical user interface. Users can easily create their own report formats.

The Pro-writer provides an organization the ability to fully customize their account structure.

Matthew from Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii

Really enjoyed using FUND EZ

Unfortunately, we were forced to switch away from this software in our first 6 months because the larger organization adopted different software. However, we used implemented this software ourselves and really enjoyed using it. The best thing for us was the ease of use. Training time was significantly lower than the software we used before. This saved us so much time and money. Highly recommend!

September 2015

Jinhong from Jinhong Zhang CPA

September 2015

Simple, Low Cost and Easy to Use

Praise from ProBonoNet

Just right

This is one of the best products for small nonprofit organizations. It's also cost effective.

Pros

Cons

A bit more features

October 2014

Sabrina from Student Achievement Partners, Inc.

October 2014

Great NPO accounting software for small-mid size NPOs

Pros

We love that we have many options to be able to filter different data and the ability to export in a variety of formats. Technical support has been useful so far on any questions we have had.

Cons

It would be great if more filter options and fields were available to be included in reports, as would the ability to compare budget vs actuals each quarter with reprojections.

Allison from Unity of Purose Sa

EZ Fund my review

Pros

The after market support. My department has confidence in the company that in the event of issues we can immediately contact someone in support to work with us on the technical problems. We are also very happy with the fast turnaround response time either for employees to return our communication or complete work.

Cons

Critical information from some workers may differ sometimes. Steep learning curve on product. Expensive.

Lexie from American Digital systems

Good Product

Pros

Cons

It could be easier to use. Was a little confusing the first few times around. This product fits my needs as of now. I haven't come across anything that I didn't like yet besides the fact it could be a little more user friendly the first time around.

Stephanie from ADS

Good Product

Pros

It works seamlessly with what I need. Does exactly what I want it to and more. I don't know I've gotten by in the past with out using this product for the business.

Cons

I have not found anything I don't like about it. Both the product and the vendor are and were very helpful in fulling my needs. Definitely the best place to get accounting software. Would recommend to a friend.

Linda from Chicago Foundation for Women

2.5

Good system

Pros

Fund E-Z offers an account structure that allows for entering transactions by fund (unrestricted, temporarily restricted, or permanently restricted revenue), by account number (eg. cash, accounts payable, individual donations, salary expense, etc), then drilldown by cost center 1 (programs), cost center 2 (activity within a program) and cost center 3 (funder) - or variations of this setup.

Cons

When Fund E-Z updated to version 10, a lot of keystrokes were no longer applicable, making data entry much more time-consuming. Also, it is not easy to update to subsequent versions.

Darlene from Freehand Frameworx

Would recommend

Would recommend to others. Very very user friendly. My employees were able to learn it very fast.

Pros

User friendly

Haley from Women's Hope Medical Clinic

Helpful Program for Fundraising Events

I used this program as an intern at a small nonprofit. It was easy to understand, and if I had any questions, customer service was extremely helpful. I love having this sort of help for doing fundraising for important events that primarily funded our organization. The program was clear and concise with great functionality.

Cons

It was a little pricey for our small organization.

August 2016

linda from Mercy Center

2.5

August 2016

New user to fund EZ

Pros

Very customizable. Love the indirect allocation features