What are Fyle users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Fyle software through verified user reviews

• icon"App dashboard is fantastic review of all expense you can track and manage all things."
  • icon"I looked at a lot of different systems, and selected Fyle as the best, most cost-effective alternative. It is very easy to use and the QuickBooks integration is seemless and saves me a ton of time."
  • icon"Ease of usage, can be used on the move through app."
  • icon"Navigation between tabs is required which is a bit time taking and confusing."
  • icon"The report generation on the web and the mobile is a little weird. There have been multiple times that I've been confused about what went into a report and what got left out."
  • icon"Initial problems with exchange rates. Unable to edit categories of the expense report."

Browse all Fyle Reviews

• Have you used Fyle and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric

Fyle is easily the most user friendly expense reporting solution on the market

Helps keep all of our company expenses organized and verified for each employee. A very user friendly software.

Pros

The UI is super intuitive and has all of the functionality that is needed in helping sort out expenses within our organization. In addition, any support requests I've submitted have been met with a sense of urgency and tackled in an extremely timely manner. Very impressed with this team!

Cons

When filing repeat expenses it would be great if it could auto-populate the fields from the last time the same expense was filed. I was told this functionality was already in place but it doesn't actually seem to work. In addition, it would be great to have the option to tell the system when an expense is not a duplicate. For example, my colleague and I stay at the same hotel on the same night in different rooms. This creates two receipts with the same amount on the same date. The system alerts me that it thinks these expenses are duplicates but it does not give me the option to tell the system that they are both authorized expenses. This in turn causes one of the expenses to not import into Quickbooks. It would be great if this could get fixed.

Fyle is a Useful Expense Management Software

Pros

Gathering your receipts to create an expense report can be a bit tiring. It helps if your receipts are all organized. I found Fyle to be ideal for this task. First, I converted all my receipts into digital copies and saved them in one folder. Then I uploaded these to Fyle and created my expense report. This software made it easy for me to itemize my expenses and track everything. This app also allows you to extract the receipts from your email which is very convenient for me. I can complete my reports right away. Fyle provides accuracy with no delays.

Cons

This program is not good with obtaining the mileage for travel. I have to look at Google Maps to do that and this is an extra step for me. I hope they can add this feature.

Angela

It's the easiest official expense tracker to use.

Pros

multi-currency options, easily adaptable, multiple accounts possible, easy to approve, comment etc.

Cons

It crashes every 4th/5th entry. it's been a real trouble. I use a One plus5T. Haven't recvd adequate support from the customer services.

February 2022

Easily submit expense reports with Fyle

Pros

Easy to capture receipts and set up expense reports from phone. Also extracts dates and amounts from receipts.

Cons

If I have manually entered the amounts / dates before uploading receipt, the amounts / dates are still extracted and overwrite my manually entered values.

saif

Industry: Textiles

easily manage all expense!

This is the software that can manage all the expenses of the employs If you are working in an organization. It has a simple user interface that can easily understandable and all the functions are clear. My all home expenses become simple and straight for me.

Pros

this software has a simple and straight user-friendly interface and its speed is awesome. Its powerful management system is very easy to understand and I can get my expense report day by day.

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to scan a receipt. Otherwise experience is good for now

Franklin

Fyle expense Reporting

Pros

This is a great little piece of software for filing expenses. I like that I can also import (Take a picture) the receipt. I keeps track of vendors I use frequently (auto-populates). You can add many expenses, then at the end of the month create a report to send them all at once.

Cons

I have had no issues what so ever with this software.

Response from Fyle

Thanks Franklin for your review, appreciate it.

Replied July 2019

Arun

Industry: Investment Management

Love the product experience. simple, intuitive. the AI engine could be more effective though

productivity improvement for expense submitters

Pros

Simple, Intuitive. Automates mundane tasks easily. Email agent & mobile app is clearly a great productivity driver.

Cons

reporting, analysis at the backend are rudimentary. ability to define your specific process is limited. AI engine doesnt work well enough, its my guess that the process is more manual than AI

Aleksey

Simple software for expense management

It's to early to talk about benefits

Pros

Expense tracking, creating an expense from Gmail. User-friendly interface. Mobile app for iOS and Adroid

Cons

support email doesn't work for my email. On iOS autologin doesn't work, I need login every time when I run the application. The user guide is poor. Beter create a video tutorial for all actions

Aditya

Great Experience- Saves business time as well as is hassle-free.

Pros

Hassle-free, Easy setup and Gmail Add-on, Very easy to fill details, easy to track reports. Overall, a smooth experience.

Cons

Mobile mail addons not there, only Google Chrome extensions available. Also, should integrate with Gallery to upload bills directly.

Anoop

Reimbursement solution

Pros

Easy filing of bills by just a photo taken by our mobile

Cons

Not updating bill sometimes and also KM's in milage is not accurate

Anirudh

Fyle has just been amazing. It's Auto-Fyle feature detects even handwritten bills accurately

Better visibility on expense spends Better productivity, due to the ease of reporting and expense management

Pros

This solution is way more intuitive than any other expense management solution I have ever used. One of the biggest issues with expense management tools I have used earlier was that I had to set aside one day in a month to file expenses. With Fyle, the same task takes about 15 minutes. The Auto-Fyle feature where one can take a photo of the receipt is a godsend. The good part is that it is able to detect handwritten invoices, which are very common in India, with great accuracy. The gmail and outlook plugins are sensible additions, all designed to reduce the friction in the expense reporting process. The analytics is pretty good, and tells me who are my top expense vendors, who my top spenders are

Cons

Not much to complain about Fyle really, so will list down some feature requests. A feature to approve or reject a report by replying to the mail notification would be good to have. It currently does not have direct integration with popular taxi apps like Uber, Ola which would be good. Sometimes users submit reports after 2 months, and if there was some way to map the expenses by the bill date to the respective month of expenditure incurred, rather than the reporting month, that would be nice.

Dipesh

I really like this app, it helps me to track and manage the daily expenses.

After using this app i can proudly say that i have become a more productive and organized person.

Pros

There are many features in your app, the most loved one is the option to switch between reimbursable or not. Because i use this app for both personal use and office use. So its get really simple for me to distinguish between them and get the same reported to the higher authority and get that reimburse. This app just cut of the long procedure which i had to first follow in order that get the clarified, but now its very much easy and effective. Second best thing i like is the mail plugin you guys have it directly takes the expense record from my mails and add it to the app so that i can track the expense. last but the most important feature of the app that i like is the reporting section. which directly helps in making the expense report and sent to the accounts department so that they can approve it after checking.

Cons

The unavailability of edit (crop) option in a picture after you have clicked it, i think is a drawback to the app and should be changed.

Sanjeev

Its a great tool which makes filing of expense reports really easy.

Ease of usage is the most important aspect. Going Paperless. Full record for review anytime in the future. Mobile App Integration.

Pros

The ease of integration from email to fyle. The plugin is very handy. I also liked the fact that we can club expense reports and make it one final report and submit for approval. The mobile app is also handy to integrate the expense from the photo library.

Cons

There is no option to easily report rejection of the report. Its cumbersome. a) From the Mobile App as a manager I cannot approve or reject a team members report. I have to login in via the web interface. b) Flagging one expense as invalid or rejected is badly designed. Very Bad user experience and design. The employee has reported 5 expenses and clubbed it under one report. I have to go and reject every expense individually. There should be an option to reject a report fully. Have a button saying Rejected and give a text box to put in comments. Make this button as prominent as the Approve Button.

Shama

Easy to use bill filing

The team submits their bills in a timely manner and soft copies are available even if hard copies are lost. Allows us to keep our books up to date and track different stages of reimbursements.

Pros

The automatic capture from the image is a brilliant feature - just take images and watch it complete the rest. The app is easy to use and the integration with Gmail makes it simple to "fyle" anything.

Cons

When comments are made on the bills submitted, it is not easy to make out who the comment is for. As a manager, I get many notifications and they are not always relevant for me.

Response from Fyle

Hi Shama, thanks for your feedback. We will keep working to provide a good user experience.

Replied September 2019

Krishnam

Excellent!

Actually, it's free for freelancers and ease of use and he way it organises invoices without any effort directly from email inbox.

Pros

I'm a freelance consultant (Remote Web Developer) and I like the ease with which I can file my bills. It's just few clicks and it's all there filed in a beautiful application at the back end.

Cons

It cannot recognise prices from all invoices or bills and sometimes it captures the currency wrongly.

Charuvagun

Incredibly easy to use. Has been very helpful.

Pros

Ease of use. The Gmail plugin is awesome. Also the phone app helps me file expenses on the go. But this form is irritating as it is forcing me to type at least 100 characters while I don't have anything more to say!

Cons

The previous versions were more intuitive and helped me file faster. The new version takes more time for me to file.

sahil

Its a very useful software to keep track record of my expenses i have occurred.

I can manage the expenses anytime with this software anytime with ease. very simple and helpful software..

Pros

the thing i like about FYLE is that its fast processing from creating reports to payments done. I get my payments in my account within a working day. I like the smoothness of the process.

Cons

sometimes I have to make urgent tours to another city. but for outstation travel i have to mention my travel at least 8 days in advance. but that may be the part of the policy of the company.

Amazing application to keep track of your expenses

Using it to track personal expenses. Easy to use. My office has subscribed to expensify which I am using for official expenses and reimbursement.

Pros

Ease of capturing the expenses, using camera and simple typing.

Cons

Does not have dashboard to visualize the categories of expenses. Also difficulty in generating reports. Does not have a feature to include mode of payment - Cash, Card, paytm, netbanking etc. Reimburse option is not used by me as all expenses are personal and I cannot remove it.

vishal

FYLE is a great tool to maintain a track of our expenses at daily basis.

very good tool to get a track record of our daily expenses.

Pros

FYLE is a simple and useful tool to maintain a track record of our daily expenses. Submitting details of expenses through reports is very easy and the payment system is very fast and easy.

Cons

Sometimes it do not calculate the exact mileage or distance. but still is GPS is a great function to calculate the distance in mileage section.

Great System. Very Easy to Use.

Save me a ton of time, makes my accountant very happy with the detail captured.

Pros

As a consultant that travels a lot and has a lot of expenses, I need a very easy to use system to keep track of everything to bill back my clients. I looked at a lot of different systems, and selected Fyle as the best, most cost-effective alternative. It is very easy to use and the QuickBooks integration is seemless and saves me a ton of time.

Cons

Any issues (or even suggestions on ease of use) that I have had have been addressed by the company very quickly (less than a week).

Sankarasivasubramanian

Time used: Free Trial

Very rewarding. It is one application that puts a smile whenever I use it.

Faster filing of expenses .

Pros

The chrome extension for the GMail parsing and fyling expenses. As soon as an invoice/receipt comes in mail it can be filed. In the past I have not claimed expenses, because it has become tedious to find out the correct receipt from the correct email, after a few months (I get a lot of emails). With this new extension, I can immediately file the expense, straight out of my email, without doing an expensive context switch. The process of fyling is just single click, where most of the important information is already intelligently extracted by the program. There is very less mental energy required to file expenses (which is what used to delay the activity in the first place in old days).

Cons

I wish there are easier ways to import employees, re-imburse money to employees, through quickbooks and quickbooks pay.

Lifesaver

Pros

Simplicity - I tried out three different expense management services and Fyle was the best in user-friendly design. All the other vendors did not know what they were doing when it comes to UI/UX. For example one vendor's app had 13 menu buttons in a small smartphone screen. (Is this a finger puzzle or something?) Another vendor's web app had way too many windows and tab layouts in one screen that with my 13 inch laptop, I could not read the letters because the font size was too small. (It is 2018 and yet they don't know responsive web design?) Fyle's web app and smartphone app were both well-designed and simply easy to use.

Cons

I don't like the fact that Fyle made my life so easy that I will not be able to go back to my analog days where I manually input numbers and formulas in spreadsheets, pasting paper receipts with glue and wondering when my expense is going to be reimbursed until spotting the report I submitted over a week ago is still sitting at the very bottom of a pile of documents on my boss's desk.

Jose Mario

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Soo very easy to use !!!!

time gain

Pros

The introduction of File has been a huge advantage and time optimization for us consultants who work on multiple projects at the same time and still need to launch home expenses one of the projects daily.

Cons

I haven't had difficulties yet, the software always served me well

Response from Fyle

Thanks, Jose for your feedback. :)

Replied August 2019

samrat

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The software helps me to keep the track record of my expenses all the time.

Very useful and simple software to keep track record of your daily expenses.

Pros

The software is very useful to keep track record of our expenses we have incurred. the interface is very simple and easy to use. happy with the software.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about FYLE is that I have to Mention my journey at least eight days in advance.

Amit

Need more options on auto fyle

its good, i always suggest my colleagues and friends for fyle.

Pros

it should show total monthly amount in a window at the time of new entry.

Cons

distance are not actual, like my work location to my home is 21 km but in fyle it shows 17 km only, which we can not change all the time doing new entry.

Fyle