• Pros

• "The app is very easy to use and haven't had any complaints about it not working. Pinpoints the location almost spot on."

• "This software is very easy to use and you're able to customize a lot of the fields. It works seamless from an iPad and the cost is affordable."

• "It is a good way to track tools and things like iPhones, iPads, and other devices."

• Cons

• "Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system."

• "Website did crash on me once, but nothing that's uncommon. Wish there was a way that we could get more heavy duty QR codes."

• "No GPS tracking, no way to conveniently send calibration reminders for test equipment, size of sticker is too big for some equipment."

Browse GoCodes Reviews

Michael from IpadHire

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Managing iPads

I am a repeat purchaser and its a reasonably priced product that gives a lot of functionality for the price.

Pros

The online activation and tracking is excellent. I have a rental business and checking assets in and out is quick and simple compared to the time consuming manual way I did it before. Simple to add new assets once you get the hang of it,

Cons

I cannot really figure out the depreciation reports but thats not why I bought the tags so it does not matter to me. Would be nice to have a feature to add multiple activations where say only the serial number of the asset needed changing.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Michael, thanks for providing your feedback. We would be happy to explain how our IRS GAAP deprecation reports work is needed. Also, did you know that there are three ways to add lots of assets quickly. There is a scan and copy feature, mass update feature and an upload. These three should really help you with data entry for new assets. As always call or email for additional assistance.

Elizabeth from Bethel School District

Great product & experience

Free trial was helpful and helped us decide to move forward with the purchase of the subscription.

Pros

Easy to add/delete things, very intuitive product (easy to use).

Cons

I wish the customized columns had a "paragraph" type of option so that we would have another area to make notes about the asset.

Reasons for Choosing GoCodes

Liked GoCodes options and ease of use compared to Charms. Using Destiny in conjunction with GoCodes.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for the awesome review. I'll share your feedback on the customized columns with the development team.

Ruth from Insights Schweiz AG

stock overview

Great thing. Happy what we have reached on automazation so far (using the customized fields for our specific needs). And very happy that the alert on minimum quantities was introduced so fast. Looking forward to more improvements.

Pros

Easy check-in/out, automated emails when low quantity is reached, ability to draw inventory/order list

Cons

reports need to be formatted to excel each time manually. I also need to delete many fields each time manually. Would be great if I could create a template of my customized report and would have it on one click in future. I also calculate order quantity minus stock quantity (enter formula in excel) each time I prepare material order. would be great to have this report automated. Why can I scan codes without logging in? was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level? Your format of labels are only available in US as far as I know...

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Ruth, thanks for the review and glad to hear you like using GoCodes. Did you know we have an optional reporting module that would allow you to design and save custom reports charts and dashboards?

Anatoly from Euklides AS

Industry: Furniture

Gocodes Review

Overall good, but as mentioned, lacking some basic functions that would make it great and reccomendable.

Pros

What I like most is that it provides a fast and easy solution to keeping track of the furniture we have loaned-out.

Cons

This software has potential to be very good, but it lacks some features. 1. Images in Asset List view: Could be improved by thumbnail images for all assets. Currently, the user needs to hover over one by one in order to see a the asset image, or change views entirely. 2. If I check-in an asset manually, it still shows the previous scanned location on the map. A work around is to always scan assets when we check them in, but do not always have time for that. We can manually change the location, but it is also time consuming. If we check in at our location, it is obvious that the asset has moved. IT would be nice if this could be automated better. 3. Ability to do basic editing of asset images. Simple Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Would make it much faster and easier. Currrently we need to edit each image before uploading, and if we want to make a change, like show the asset in a mirrored position or increase the images brighness, we need to upload a new image entirely.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Anatoly, thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions. I will share you feedback with the development team.

Christi from United Of Carolinas, INC.

GoCodes for construction asset management

It's difficult for me to get my field workers on board if they don't understand how to use it, but because Go Codes doesn't provide training materials, I have had to create my own. My rep makes me feel stupid every time I call to ask for help.

Pros

Expensive tools and equipment get moved around on a daily basis here. Having a tracking system is helping to make that process less chaotic.

Cons

The process of setting up and rolling out this program has been very time consuming. We have had to label every single piece of equipment and tools and now I'm tasked with training the field staff on how to use the app. I asked my rep if there were any already existing training tools (power point presentations, manuals), but they just directed me to the youtube videos that are really only for admin use, not field use. Also, it would be great to have some resources in Spanish since the construction industry has a high volume of Spanish speaking workers.

Reasons for Choosing GoCodes

After extensive research, we thought gocodes was the right direction for us.

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes

Access had no tracking feature and was not user friendly at all.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Christi, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I will take your suggestion about wanted training materials for your team and see what we have available.

Edwin from Pinehurst Manufacturing

Industry: Textiles

GoCodes The Best in Inventory

Pros

It is easy to use, it has tools implemented that help make it easier to search for the inventory physically, you have the information of your digital inventory and without problems, you can download your data from your own GoCodes account and thus work your way too.

Cons

Just the part of being able to link the GoCodes database with the Power Bi software.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Thanks Edwin for the great review. Delighted to hear you think GoCodes is 'The Best in Inventory'.

Tom from TMD Enterprises

Industry: Photography

Held my inventory list hostage

As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Pros

The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Cons

wasn't friendly to the small business owner

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

Robert from The First Academy

TFA Review

We are just beginning an onboarding process. So far, it is going well. Nothing to really evaluate really.... other than good!

Pros

We are just now beginning to use the software to track assets. Our two big areas of need is maintenance tracking and asset depreciation accounting. Having one software that addresses both is a great plus.

Cons

So far, I would love for there to be a way for a person to "check-out" an item. EXAMPLE: We have several golf carts that we use on campus. I would love to be able to have an employee (not someone who is part of our 20 admin users) approach a cart, scan the code, select their name, and "check-it out"; Go-Codes could record the time stamp, the person who checked it out (and later back in). This would give us an easy "who has it" record of assets. As it stands, it looks like what it does do something similar to this - but it appears to simply email (and record the email) to the account of the asset. The email could say anything. Would be nice if it automatically gave us the info we needed (in other words "idiot proof")...

Less expensive.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Robert, thanks for taking the time tor review GoCodes. Were glad you like that you can accomplish asset tracking and depreciation in a single solution. You asked about employees checking out items. Did you know we have that feature today with the Asset Assignor role which you can share with employees to accomplish just that.

Eugene from Mako Medical Laboratories

Over all we love the experience and will continue to keep using it.

Pros

We currently just use GoCodes for the asset tracking

Cons

The phone app is a bit lacking. It doesnt show everything we need at a glance.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Eugene, Wow 10 of 10! Thanks for the great review! On the mobile app, did you know you can setup a custom summary view of your asset information? You can access this feature from the settings.

April from My Professional Plumber

Honest Review

Pros

Very easy to use and set up initially .

Cons

I don't like that there is not a scanner other than your cell phone and that you have to manually enter the number you are going to restock or use. And I absolutely hate the new feature where every time you scan and update an item, you get a "success message" that pops up and you have to click "okay" before you can move on to scanning your next item.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello April, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear you think GoCodes is very easy to use. As a customer who uses GoCodes primarily for inventory, we would love to hear more about how we can streamline the process. We will review the new 'Success' message to see if there's a better way to provide confirmation without slowing your workflow.

Joshua from Corti Construction, Inc.

Tools and Safety Equipment Inventory

Amazing! We will continue to use Go Codes for all of our inventory, and fleet, needs. It has saved us so much time looking for tools and shortages. And time is money!

Pros

Go Codes is extremely User Friendly. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and/or smart phones can easily learn how to utilize the entire system in just a couple of hours. The features of this product are simple enough that I can easily manipulate menus, change information, update photos and change descriptions. we have used it for all of our tools, safety equipment and Fleet Vehicles.

Cons

The only feature I wish I had, is the ability to create "kits". For example; if we issue a tool kit to a carpenter, we have to add each tool to Go Codes and then add a key word that will allow us to easily find each tool for that particular kit, without having to spend a lot of time searching. Adding a "kit" feature will allow us to add entire kits, with an attached inventory sheet listing each tool in that particular kit. So, if one carpenter is issued "Kit 1", all I have to do is search "Kit 1" and each tool will populate under that one kit.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Hello Joshua, thanks for the great review. We're glad your seeing the benefits of using GoCodes to track and manage your tools and equipment.

Sam from Digital Mi'kmaq

Excellent inventory system

We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Pros

• The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same • The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Cons

• The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

Meets Expectations

For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Pros

When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Cons

A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

simon from Magnat Kaffehus

Review from Norway

GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Pros

i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Cons

I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

Response from GoCodes

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Karen from Marketing & Advertising

Protect your assets by tracking

Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons

For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

Response from GoCodes

Replied March 2019

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Allison from NaperMed Inc.

Saves us money and helps avoid conflict!

We use this software for rental items, and while it only allows us to keep one picture, and does not yet provide notifications to admin on check-in and check-outs (assignments), it has helped the warehouses and customer service team IMMENSELY in communication about the items, and our customers find it hard to wiggle out of paying for lost items that are clearly scanned out to them and not returned. We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well! thanks GoCodes!

Pros

The images, custom fields, app tools, and location services.

Cons

No email to admin on assignment and unassignment

Response from GoCodes

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. We are evaluating adding asset assignment notifications as a new feature.

Franklin from J&M Keystone Inc.

Great inventory system for static assets

This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Pros

The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Cons

The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Tamlin from Andrews University, Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiolgy

Easy Check In and Check Out

We love the bulk discount and the kind attention from Todd Penny. He's the best!

Pros

We love how easy it is to scan an item in and out of the department. It's FAST and easy. The Faculty love it and the students find it easy too. No more hassles!

Cons

It does take some time to put all the info for each item into the GoCode system, but it would be that way with any system.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Tamlin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use check in and out features! For data entry, have you tried the Update All feature in the mobile apps that will make it very fast for entering lots of near identical assets? We also offer an optional data upload service using an Excel spreadsheet which can really help in that area.

Jackie from Reliance Interiors, Inc.

GoCodes Review

IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros

I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons

I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Christopher from J&M Keystone

Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such

Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Pros

Great GPS tracking and map locator App is great and easy to use Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice. Effective for its use.

Cons

The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read. Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

Response from GoCodes

Replied October 2017

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

Nick from Stefanos Landscape Const

Decent product

Overall works well does what I need and what I expected. Won’t say it exceeds my expectations but is a decent asset management tool

Pros

Maintenance of our equiptment tool very helpful. Monitoring where it was last scanned

Cons

It’s tough to scan in limited light. And the scan sticker has a tough time staying on our often used landscape equiptment

Response from GoCodes

Replied March 2019

Hello Nick, good to hear your feedback that GoCodes was very helpful. You mentioned scanning in low light and did you know that you can turn on your smartphone light to solve that issue. Also you mentioned the labels. We offer a range of tougher materials like metal foil and metal tags which may be better suited to your project.

Frank from Millbrae School District

GO CODES almost there

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros

We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons

Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Keri from Branch Line School

Small School - works great!

LOVE - it has saved me so much work!

Pros

We can download an inventory and see all the assets immediately. It's great - especially for state reporting!

Cons

I want it to be more mobile - easier to use from a phone.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Kari, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad it works so well for state reporting. We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve the mobile app to make it easier to use, please email or call us with your suggestions.

Karen from Lipscomb University

Track and Protect

We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

Cons

The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces.

July 2015

Douglas from EMW Productions

July 2015

GoCodes, how it helps EMW Productions in Asset Mangegement

Pros

The product is super east to use a "no brainer" really. The ability to track our assets is simplified and I as CTO can manage the location, check in check out and the maintenance, warranty, etc of each asset is a key to proper asset control.

Cons

No GPS. No, seriously, I've talked with my peers and yes there is a strong placement for GPS tracking but dollar to dollar GoCodes is the best and most viable solution for multi office asset control. The tag quality, but that is only because I choose the cheapest tags to start with. Next batch will be the more durable tags.

Kelly from EIU Inc

Great Tool to have

we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Pros

the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Cons

so far I have not found any part that I do not like

Reasons for Choosing GoCodes

our company tested/trialed numerous vendors, GoCodes Asset Management was exactly what we were looking for, we tested a few others and for some reason we continued going back to GoCodes, it was very user friendly, rep was super great answering all questions and showing us just how easy GoCodes is to use, rep also comforted us on customizing the system to do exactly what we wanted, I would recommend this to any company that is looking to "track" their tools & equipment or to keep up with inventory!!

Response from GoCodes

Replied November 2019

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

Tom from Railroad Construction Co.

A lot to offer

We have been using GoCodes for almost a year and we have had nothing but a positive experience. The bar codes work Everytime and help us track equipment coming and going. I can also communicated with supervisors through the scan of each code.

Pros

GPS location, equipment tracking, apps for Android and iPhone.

Cons

Atvthe mercy of the scan, no scan, no trackability

Response from GoCodes

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. Affordable real-time tracking is the holy grail for many customers. Were working on it. Unfortunately the only solutions available today cost significantly more and have additional limitations.

Paul from Seismic Surveys, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Product, could use a few tweaks to get it perfect

This software absolutely changed the way we track our assets. There is a learning curve so at first I wasn't sure about it but now it is really great.

Pros

Ease of sorting, grouping and accountability. History logs are great and easy conversion to Excel is very convenient. Revolutionized the way we track our equipment. Before we were tracking 300+ with an Excel speadsheet.

Cons

You cannot lock certain fields for other types of users, so its either everyone has access to all fields or no access to the fields at all. This becomes a problem when some fields need to stay permanent and others need to change on a recurring basis. This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available. Also, picture resolution could be a lot better.

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes

Not scalable in any conventional sense.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Hello Paul, we're pleased to hear you think GoCodes is a great product! We will add field level access control to our enhancement log.

Russ from SBM Site Services

Industry: Facilities Services

App functions great for our purposes

Positive

Pros

Printing Reports is easy and customizable.

Cons

No alerts are sent for follow up items.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Russ, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and glad to hear that it's working out great. It sounds like you may need help setting up the future service alert feature. We would be happy to help you with this or you can check the knowledge base for assistance.

Brandon from Tricorp Group Inc.

Invincible stickers!

It has allowed me to take my inventory lists from piles of papers and data entry to one quick scan and entry. It saves of hours of labor and I don’t have to worry about keeping track of my inventory log papers anymore.

Pros

The software is great it provides many ways to categorize or classify your assets. The stickers are metal and practically impossible to scratch off the QR code. The software also provides means of recovering lost assets through contact info and rewards.

Cons

Sometimes the app freezes during entering the information for the assets and you have to start over on that asset.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are concerned though that our mobile app is freezing for you and are working on a new release now which should address the issue. If it re occurs, please call our support team directly and we will assist you as an urgent priority. App stability is very important to us for all our customers.

Rebecca from Texas Luxury Restrooms / Austin Porta Potty Rentals

Industry: Facilities Services

This has helped us to track inventory, however, it could be much better.

The set up takes a long time. It would be so nice if there was a way to duplicate some of the text from one product to the next. And our drivers have struggled to try to use this because when they check and item in or out we ask them to add a customer name and address if it isn't already there. Not sure how this could be made easier unless there was a way to sync to Jobber which is the software that we use for all of our clients.

Pros

It is helping us to track our inventory. The QR codes make this much easier for us.

Cons

That we can only upload one picture per product. We would prefer at least four pics per product so that we are able to see all features.

Reasons for Choosing GoCodes

GoCodes was the best that I could find for a balance of price and quality.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Rebecca, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. You mentioned needing a way to duplicate text from one asset to another. Did you know you can select and update multiple items by using the CTRL key or using the Update All option in the mobile app? If you need assistance just chat/email or call and we can help you.

Jason from Pipeline Irrigation

Asset tracking with great software!

From the beginning we were just looking for a way to find out where our equipment was. We got in touch with GoCodes and from day one they offered us a demo and over 200 stickers! We started the process of adhering the easy to install GoCodes stickers, and installed the mobile app. Since then we have added over 1000 additional stickers. We would highly recommend this system to anyone who is looking for asset tracking or inventory management.

Pros

The detailed information options that can be added to every asset.

Cons

Couple of bugs that need to be worked out with the mobile app. When you do a multiple scan. and then go back to a single it polls the previous multiple.

Jen from BankLiberty

Great for track of peripherals

We were looking for an easy way to keep track of hundreds of printers, scanners, monitors, and other equipment that isn't connected using the network. Go Codes stood out to us as offering great pricing, an easy to use interface, and flexibility in designing our ID tags. We looked at other companies offering similar solutions, but it was the simple deployment that sold me and my team on Go Codes. Our sales representative was easy to get a hold of and quick to respond with any pre-sales questions or concerns. Post deployment support is reliable and also fast to reply with any questions on of the staff may have. I would recommend Go Codes for any company looking for an easy to use asset tag and inventory tracking solution.

Pros

Easy to get started tagging and tracking. Branding and customizing of asset tags.

Cons

Certain fields within the item description are vague, and it would be nice to have more control over customizing our fields.

Yi-Hsun from Northeastern University

Inventory tracking in ease

We utilize the system to track all the IT inventory. The barcode scanning is fairly handy and easy to use. The ability to tack the check in/out history and pull reports is important to us and it works extremely well,

Pros

Friendly UI Mobile Friendly Flexible and customizable Great customer support

Cons

Gocodes is a great fit for smaller companies and the price is affordable. The only con could be the durability of the barcode sticker

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Wonderful to hear that you love GoCodes! Did you know that you can order tough metal and metal foil labels that can handle just about any project application? If you want more information just email sales at sales@gocodes.com

Michelle from Reliance Interiors, Inc.

Sticker Issue

Pros

Cons

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're sorry to hear that you have had an issue with assets already being assigned. The only way that can happen is if another user did the change. You can look that up in the history log and work from there to see how it's happening. If you need additional assistance, please contact out support team at support@codes.com.

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Great for Small Businesses

Prior to using GoCodes, I attached pre-printed numeric SKUs to my inventory. This was an issue for times when my business received a high volume of orders in one day because some numbers look alike and can be confusing. GoCodes has simplified everything by using QR technology.

Pros

GoCodes makes tracking inventory super easy by assigning a unique QR-code to each item. This helps my business particularly in making sure that we are not picking and shipping wrong items for our orders.

Cons

Overall, I am disappointed that the lowest priced plan includes only 200 allowed SKUs. If you want to go to the next package which allows for 500 SKUs, you’ll pay three times the monthly rate of the base plan.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Hello Joshua, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you think GoCodes is great for small businesses. On the topic of price, you are correct but also bear in mind that competing systems often cost 2-3x more than GoCodes and provide very little of any additional value for most customers.

John from Barrier Island Boats, Inc.

Industry: Sporting Goods

Needs a little tweeking.

We rent surfboards, paddleboards, kayaks, beach chairs, and beach umbrellas. We sometimes struggle to find good spots on the equipment where the stickers will adhere. Because we are mobile and have several employees who can potentially scan, the limits of active apps is a hindrance. It would be great if we could pull up a map and see where all of the equipment has been checked in/out. Also, errors pop up during inopportune times. Scanner does not always read. We are still trying to implement. This program still has good potential. Some bugs need to be worked out.

Pros

Fast and easy set-up. Good customer service.

Cons

Stickers wear out, peel off, don't always scan.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello John, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you appreciate that GoCodes is fast and easy to use with good customer service. I checked our records and we are now working with you on providing a different label design and specification better suited to your very demanding application. Our premium poly labels or metal foil tags will be a better choice and should address these issues.

Lyndon from Millbrae School District

GoCodes is User Friendly once set up properly

GoCodes has been very useful on keeping track of all our equipment and who is using what devices.

Pros

Once it was set up properly, it was easy to use.

Cons

Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system. Also, the search feature still needs to be improved. Monthly emails should be sent out reminding of any beneficial tutorials on using the system from basic to advanced.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Hello Lyndon, thanks for great review of GoCodes. I think it's a great idea to include more product tips and tutorials in our period product email communications.

Behshid from Verizon Connect

GoCodes review

Pros

That I had the option to add the codes manually or by scanning codes. Also scanning a few codes together and then update all at the same time.

Cons

I didn't find the mobile version as easy to use as the desktop. One thing I didn't like was that if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Behsid, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and provide specific feedback. Can you explain more for what you mean when you say ' if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.' Is this on the desktop or app? If you can provide more information we would be happy to investigate further.

GoCodes Asset Management Review

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes. I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros

Simple Set up. Easy to use. Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons

Software can be slow at times. I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved support@gocodes.com

Leonard from Qwik Response Systems

Go Codes

Pros

I like the low inventory alert that I receive when my inventory is low this is a game changer and the overall ease of use !!

Cons

I liked everything about the software there is nothing I didn’t like. It solved 98% of our inventory challenges.

Response from GoCodes

Replied July 2019

Wow, thanks for sharing such a great review.

Jonathan from Family Legacy

Practical use needing user experience work

Enjoying it and especially since we can have people download it without worrying about keeping track of scanners.

Pros

The nice thing is that we can bulk describe and allocate units. On the phone makes it easy on the go for a large non profit like us.

Cons

Prone to crashes especially when working through multiple units and details.

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the review. We are working on a new release of the iPhone app that will address the issue that can occur sometimes with updating multiple assets at once. If you have any specifics to share that would be great. support@gocodes.com

Dylan from Amazon Studios

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Asset Management for Post Production Assets

We've been using it for 2 years to tag all of our important assets and are big fans.

Pros

The search functionality and the ability to create notes is very helpful for our workflows.

Cons

I wish there was a media & entertainment or post production specific line of asset tags we could use but we've created our own unique ones.

Response from GoCodes

Replied January 2019

Praise indeed from Amazon Studios! Thanks for the great feedback. We can also provide tags in a range of materials including those suited to media equipment. Just contact sales@gocodes.com and we can provide some options like metal foil or metal tags.

Barbara from LSG and Associates

GoCodes helps keep us organized

The biggest benefit I find is the easy of snapping the QR code and all the details it provides in the QR code.

Pros

That its easy to use when I need to search for an item or see who its assigned to at the moment

Cons

Not much.. I wish there wasn't so many field/options after you input an item. Some get confusing or unnecassary

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2019

Thanks Barbara, did you know that you can hide any unused fields so that it's quicker and easier to enter only the information you need? Just go to the customization area and select to hide any unused fields.

Mae from Alter Enterprise

GoCodes, inventory tracking done right!

It was a nightmare tracking all users IT equipment and our spreadsheets growing at alarming rate when COVID hit and everyone started working remotely. Although started out for IT inventory tracking, now we track other company property like office furniture. We can create and edit fields to whatever we need them to be.

Pros

Piece of cake to set up. Phone app works really well with the included bar codes. Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons

Although it tracks GPS data, it's not really GPS tracking. Wherever the last scan was taken is the GPS location. So if you move to another location, it does not update.

Reasons for Choosing GoCodes

Wanted something simple and that we can integrate with ADP.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2021

Hello Mae, thanks for the great review. Awesome to hear you think GoCodes is 'inventory tracking done right!'.

DOMINIQUE from b&b catering

Co codes

Pros

the ease of use and addition of new items

Cons

the inability to merge items that are the same

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Dominique, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! While you cannot merge items that are the same, you can enter and update multiple identical items at once using the mobile apps. Just scan or search for the item IDs and then use the Update All feature to fill in the fields you want to use and they will be updated to all the items you scanned. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Jordan from Overland Contracting Inc.

GoCodes has simplified our monthly fire extinguisher and ladder inspection process.

Pros

I use GoCodes to conveniently track periodic inspections for safety equipment such as fire extinguishers on construction sites all over the US. My team and I am are exposed to some extreme environments. We no longer have to carry a clipboard with pages of inspection forms that blow away in the wind, become rain soaked, become illegible, or could get dropped from atop of a high structure. With GoCodes everything I need to document my inspection in on my iPhone making my job safer and easier.

Cons

We use GoCodes for periodic ladder and fire extinguisher inspections each items have different inspection criteria's. When I scan a fire extinguishers I have to scroll through all of the drop down boxes and to find all of the fire extinguisher criteria options I need to check off. It would be convenient if only options pertaining to fire extinguishers would show up on the app when I scan a fire extinguisher code.

Response from GoCodes

Replied October 2017

Hi Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear that GoCodes is helping your company in such a significant way! I will take your feedback regard the ability to only see information pertaining to fire extinguishers back to the product team to see if we can provide suggestions or make an enhancement.

Francisco from Premier Health Consultants

Ease of use

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use his product, specially the scanning feature. Instead of typing your code you can easily just scan it and find it

Cons

No dislikes so far, haven’t run into any issues

Response from GoCodes

Replied August 2018

Hello Hernandez, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Jahan from Northeastern University

Good software, easy to use, easier to import data in different formats

Pros

Its very easy to import the data in different formats which is very useful. A great place to store information on the web.

Cons

GUI could be more advanced. Also the filter options are difficult to understand initially. Few more features could be added like real time synchronization.

Response from GoCodes

Replied May 2017

Hi Jahan, thanks for the comments. Can you let us know what you mean by real-time synchronization? All updates are real-time and kept in sych so maybe you are looking for some similar feature?

Andrey from Pacific Coast Fruit Co

Industry: Warehousing

Pretty good asset tracking

Pros

What I liked the most about the software was the qr codes that we could place on our assets. Being able to just quickly scan the code and see the info of the device and where its located at is very useful.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software was that it kind of has an out of date feel to it on the site. Seems like it could use an update to its interface. Clicking on an asset I wish it wouldn't take you to a whole other page but would show you a preview with a few options and give you an option for full detailed view.

Response from GoCodes

Replied November 2019

Hello Andrey, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Did you know re released GoCodes 2.0 earlier this year with an industry leading UI and user experience. We also just added as asset preview feature to our mobile apps in October and are adding a preview feature to the web software this month.