What are Invoiced users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Invoiced software through verified user reviews

• icon"There are two main features that I like the most with Invoiced. First being the ability to set up recurring billing."
  • icon"I love the organization this software offers. I am easy able to track all of my invoices, payments, refunds, credits etc all in one place."
  • icon"I think its really easy to use, very intuitive and makes you look professional at a great price. The reporting features help out a ton as well."
  • icon"The inability to pay in installments and problems during changes to a plan."
  • icon"Ve been using it for about a month now and everything has gone smoothly with no glitches or issues."
  • icon"Tends to go into clients junk folder when we send the invoice. Plus, having to wait several days for payment into our account is somewhat annoying and affects our cash flow."

Browse all Invoiced Reviews

• Have you used Invoiced and would like to share your experience with others?

Zeke

Great platform for running automated invoicing

For the most part, I have had a very positive experience.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and has a nice clean interface.

Cons

Occasionally there are features that are removed and then not added back. Such as the Monthly Recurring Revenue metric. I used to be able to move payment dates out a few days and then back depending on what the client needs. This is no longer possible now.

Jaclyn

Calling all businesses on a subscription business models!

Pros

I love the organization this software offers. I am easy able to track all of my invoices, payments, refunds, credits etc all in one place. I love having the ability to make notes on my customer accounts for another person to pick up where I left off or just to remind myself! The overall aesthetic matches our brand and I will continue to use this product for a long time.

Cons

Although almost perfect, there are several things I would add to Invoiced. I do not love the inability to view my upcoming revenue for all my upcoming subscriptions. Currently, I have to download an excel sheet, total the column and forecast what next month's revenue will be. I am also not able send invoices to select clients. This is a necessity as not all my clients want a receipt/invoice. I can't turn it off or on for specific clients so I want my customer specific settings.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

I needed more organization to keep track of open/paid invoices.

Dana

Decent Concept, Horrendous Execution

Everything was working fairly well until October 2020. Invoiced rolled out an update to their Quickbooks Online connector and broke the planet. Instantly, the software began reporting hundreds of reconciliation errors. After reaching out to their support team, we were made to believe that we were the only client experiencing these issues, and were assured that they would be corrected quickly. Two and a half months later, we were still experiencing the same issues, and continued finding new problems that were caused by their software update. We had six different open support tickets to address various large problems that were affecting our business negatively. Our clients were not being billed as expected or were not being charged at all, the software began unexpectedly injecting new sku's within Quickbooks, and parts of their product no longer worked. We reached out to a few other companies that were also using invoiced.com and learned that they were experiencing the EXACT issues that we were experiencing! Then, came the fix. One would think that we would have been notified that anupdate was forthcoming, since we had an open ticket and had been living with these problems for months! Nope. We logged in one day, and learned that they injected hundreds of journal entries into our accounting system that were wrong and misstated our financials. It took us 20+ hours to correct this mistake. As of the date of this review, we are still experiencing many of these issues.

Pros

When we began using invoiced.com, it worked fairly well. Like any SaaS product, we encountered minor bugs and idiosyncrasies that didn't bother us very much. We used most of the product features and are well-versed in some of the advanced "capabilities." However, in the end, their solution caused more problems for us than it solved.

Cons

Their client support is non-existent, their software developers break things constantly, and basically, they can't get out of their own way. They do not seem to recognize that their incredibly invasive software sits in the exact center of the most important functions for any business - cash collections and communications with customers. On more occasions than I am able to list here, our clients have been negatively affected by their incapacity to do the most basic cash collection, communication, and data syncing activities competently and consistently.

Emily

Amazingly Easy to Use

It's very easy to keep track of overdue payments. It's very customizable. The site has a clean feel, and it's pleasant to look at (and when you crunch numbers all day, they may as well be nice to look at). I've only ever experienced one glitch that was easy to fix, which is amazing for a software company. Their customer service is also great and very helpful.

Pros

We implemented this during the height of the Corona virus pandemic, and, being in the video conferencing industry, it was an EXTREMELY busy time to be learning a new software for how we manage all our invoices. But Invoiced was so amazingly intuitive it ended up making my job much easier. It honestly makes me like doing my job more.

Cons

There are a few things that I would like to be able to customize even more but I really only have good things to say.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

We still use Stripe to process credit card transactions, but Invoiced is much easier and more intuitive for creating and sending invoices.

Jessica

Industry: Graphic Design

Invoiced - A great business tool

I truly enjoy using this software. The organization of my customer information and the ease of use makes it a top tool for my business.

Pros

There are two main features that I like the most with Invoiced. First being the ability to set up recurring billing. I have several customers who this applies to. I can easily set up a payment plan to send a bill to my customer without the need to manage it all myself. I can also easily make an adjustment if needed. The next feature that I favor is the ability to set up a payment plan for certain customers. With partial orders, I am able to setup a payment plan with partial payments, to meet the needs of my customer..... not to mention that this software offers several ways to pay, which makes it even easier. The organization of the information for each customer is very organized as well.

Cons

The only downside to this software is the cost. For a smaller company who has few customers and little business revenue, this is not a very cost effective software to use. The basic package is $100 a month, which can add up over time. For a more established company, this is a GREAT tool.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

Invoiced has a more professional platform. Also, the customer information is much more organized and easier to view when and if needed.

Delroy

My go to invoicing software of choice

Amazing software, love it. And use it every time I have a new contract.

Pros

It's easy to set up and get going, even if you're not using all the features, the billing and invoicing has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

Does not have an app, or I just don't know if it does. Would make it much easier to use quickly for those fast invoices

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

I was amking pretty but very time consuming invoices when using illustrator and it also meant having to store it somewhere to have a consistent design, calculating was manual and not very effective.

Yas

Great for billing

Pros

Easy to use for billing with multiple currencies

Cons

The recurring payment is available for high tiers

Reasons for choosing Invoiced

I tried the free version at the time and I liked it.

Diane

Very happy

Pros

Easy to use. Syncing with QB is great. Price is great for what you get.

Cons

would like to have customers add their own ACH info.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

Could not deliver on integrating with our accounting system. TOOO expensive

Roman

Very Limited in customization and Canadian Businesses

Pros

Easy to use interface. Nice portals for the customers to check out all of their invoices and pay them. I like the notifications of when someone viewed the invoice.

Cons

-On recurring subscription, the only option to charge is ahead of the billing period. We charge our clients at the end of the billing period. For example, this month customers see the bill February 2020, even though it should be for January 2020. That becomes problematic when someone cancels the subscription and says they already paid for February. -No option to receive ACH payments from US clients for Canadian companies. If your address is Canadian the only clients that will see ACH options are in Canada. There is no ability to add another address even though we have an office in the US as well. -Quickbooks Payment Synching the Credit Cards Payments don't automatically sync in a proper way where you split the transaction between Stripe Fees and what you actually got to the account. Each transaction needs to be edited manually

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

Lack of reporting by custom period

Response from Invoiced

Thank you for providing a review of Invoiced on Capterra! For any issues you encounter, please always feel free to contact our award-winning support team at support @ invoiced.com. Addressing your specific concerns, for subscription billing, you can definitely bill in arrears. We are more than happy to walk you through that configuration change. Regarding ACH payments, it's generally not possible for Canadian merchants to accept ACH unless you have a US domiciled bank account and a US entity. If you do have those, we can help enable ACH processing. Regarding QB payment sync, it shouldn't be necessary to edit each payment manually. While we don't perform reconciliation of credit card processing fees, you can record a monthly expense for aggregate processing fees instead of per payment that should make life much easier! Our mission as a company is to enable you to put A/R on autopilot, so we sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope these suggestions are helpful!

Replied February 2020

May 2022

Awesome product

Very great experience and will continue to use indefinitely

Pros

Super simple to use and I like that it saves the invoices for future templates

Cons

With the free version can only save 3 invoice templates

CK

Easily one of the most effective and efficient tools I use as a freelancer

Pros

After using 2 different local install and 2 web-based invoicing software, Invoiced has easily been the most effective one thus far. There are bigger apps and software. There are probably more robust and integration featured software: There are tons of ways to tie together all your account into a central management program. There are many other options, but when you take away all the complexity and vastness of the others, you get something concise, easy to use, and quite frankly beautiful like Invoiced. Creating and delivering invoices, its primary core, is what it shines at. I started using it when it first came out. It was free: It was practical: It did exactly what I needed. Since then it's grown, a lot, and continues to be honed at an incredible rate. Here are some of the things that really enticed me to move to a paid account. + Feature rich, but not to heavy + Synchronizing with popular accounting software + Integration with a wide variety of merchants + Visually concise - Simple at-a-glance summaries + Provides almost every possible payment option available, including Bitcoin and direct banking + Pricing platform is more than fair + Gives invoice recipients the benefit of submitting payments + Mobile app is a great representation of the desktop experience + Support is quick and friendly

Cons

Now, with all that said there are a few thing that I can see some people having trouble with. Especially if you're moving from a local install program to a web-based one, or a larger piece of software to this. + Importing data isn't really an option (At least I haven't really found a way) + Like accounting software, not everything is intuitive unless you know invoicing/accounting + Can't work offline - For some this will be a problem I can't really speak too much on what bothers me about this software. As a freelancer with a small clientèle, I don't face the same accounting issues a medium to large business might face when dealing with multiple clients and billing hundreds of people.

Justin

Great & Helpful team

From day 1, its a professional company with a robust api that checked all the boxes we needed to build our invoicing system.

Pros

They do almost everything for you. Unlike other products they support payments via CC or ACH out of the box just by connecting square. Their support is super helpful and helped us migrate all our payment accounts to their platform. They also send emails for us, and manage all of the tech required to invoice.

Cons

I really cant think of anything. Its all worked very well.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

They were unhelpful in helping us setup payments. Their API didnt scale to our needs.

Jeremy

Awesome automated A/R but not sure if they are targeting small businesses anymore.

automated A/R from invoices generate in QBO is awesome

Pros

Reliable accurate integration with QBO. Great branding - our logos, client logos, etc.

Cons

Maybe it is not of interest anymore, but we seem to be on a legacy small business pricing plan that is far less than the current minimum. At $500/M this might not be worthwhile for our business.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

sync issues and poor support

Use it mostly for estimating.

Extremely pleased

Pros

Ease of use. Use it with Jotform. Best combination that I have found. Seamless....

Cons

Not being able to retract invoice back to estimate.

Reasons for choosing Invoiced

Loved the ease of use by all my employees. We did not need an accounting part to our estimate and invoicing system.

Cost...

Pradnya

Invoiced.com

Pros

Simplicity of use, modern and easy to use UI for staff as well as customers, out of the box integration with Intacct (which is our accounting system), decent API for other integrations, SSO links that allow our external customers to log into their portals, very helpful and responsive staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful with helping in our integrations.

Cons

I like invoiced.com, and for the most part I don't really have any cons... just this one observation: I have not tried to do an integration myself, but work closely with a colleague who is integrating with Salesforce - it seems like the API integration was not very simple and intuitive for all our use cases.

Reasons for switching to Invoiced

We moved our CRM to Salesforce from NetForum. NetForum has functionality to accept payments, which is not available in Salesforce, so we needed a solution that integrates with Salesforce, which would also be customer facing.

Jared

Many issues since the last update

Great until about a month ago when the new update seemed to complicate and make problematic the basic functions of the software.

Pros

The ease of this software has been phenomenal. It is intuitive and well-designed. The automated chasing cadences have truly been so helpful as well as the Quickbooks and Lob integrations.

Cons

We have had almost a major issue a week since the last software update a month ago. Very critical components like invoices not crossing over from quickbooks correctly and credit memos either left unapplied or extraneous memos crossing over have really messed with the ease of the A/R reconciliation. We have effectively had to rely entirely on quickbooks since the last update, and it seems like little has been done to remedy the issue (hours and hours in meetings with support over issues, and the fixes are all "manual"). There should be more customization to autopay - we should be able to set a DATE that the payments will be deducted from our customers enrolled instead of aging on invoices, since many times delays occur internally in posting invoices.

Jason

Excellent features, excellent value, excellent support

It helped me get paid on time and appear more professional to my customers

Pros

I rely on Invoiced.com for all of my invoicing and payments and couldn't be happier with the service. I started with the free service and upgraded to the start-up plan as soon as I was sure it would satisfy my needs. Invoiced is easy to use, very feature rich, and most importantly has helped me get paid on time. It also features an API for tying into my website and integrates with Stripe for payments. I recently had one question for their support desk and they were quick to answer and very helpful. Overall I would say their service is 100% worth the small cost.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about Invoiced, I suppose they could offer more pricing options. Their 4 pricing options work well for my business but I could see some business's wanting something between the 3 non enterprise prices.

I rarely write reviews, but this is a product I love. Very easy to use and get's the job done

Pros

As a SaaS business, we work with Chargify as the main billing solution. We started using Invoiced for customers that didn't want to pay with a credit card because Chargify's doesn't have a good solution for manual billing. Invoiced allowed us to send grate looking invoices to our clients, using great UX and UI. With time, we also started using their Subscription feature and ACH payment feature. Invoiced is still not doing everything, so it can't offer a full solution for a medium-large SaaS business, but it's very good in everything it does. They also have good support.

Cons

We never tried to integrate with Invoiced's API, but my general feeling is that the system is still not robust enough to provide a full solution for our business (In regards with requirements like: sync billing with product, metered usage billing, dunning management, reporting, etc.)

Hannah

Great software, user-friendly, easy to use!

Great! Excellent customer service, frequent improvements, and happy with the quality of the software.

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive it is to use, very user-friendly interface.

Cons

Wish there was a way to bulk-duplicate previous invoices from prior month without bulk-uploading a spreadsheet.

Price and integration options

Cody

Automate A/R Collections, Payment Processing, and More

Pros

The interface is well-made, and direct integration with major ERPs like NetSuite is big. The best feature, however, which made us pick Invoiced, is the high degree of flexibility as to the setup, customization, and ability to deploy custom CSS and scripting into a custom product for each user.

Cons

The setup process is rather self-serve, though guided as well, and did take longer than anticipated.

Reasons for choosing Invoiced

The customization abilities for our unique business models, and the willingness of the Invoiced team to roll up their sleeves and do something a little different. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also very straightforward and also came from a tech background - was able to be much more effective than a traditional sales team member.

A solid invoicing app with a lot of features.

I've used it for 3 years and never once thought about switching to a different app - that should tell you a lot about how good I feel about using Invoiced.

Pros

It just works. I set it up several years ago when they had cheap legacy pricing. Since then I've enjoyed using it. It's easy to setup customers and create invoices - and it integrates with a whole bunch of payment gateways out the box, which is good!

Cons

Some of the good features have been moved to a much more expensive plan - like subscription and part-payment support, however it's understandable.

Invoiced made our AR 100x better

Pros

We LOVE Invoiced. Straight up has made our AR 100x times better. Now receiving payments is (and on time) now whereas before it used to be like herding cats, both our sales team and our customers. Now customers know when everything's due and our sales and success teams can focus on serving customers. We were able to integrate Invoiced with our application and business processes easily. Plus, our accountant loves being able to maintain an accurate AR balance, which made it much easier for us to move to accrual accounting. Truly night and day from our old home-grown way of doing AR. Such a great value.

Cons

Honestly, not a single thing is bad about Invoiced. Everything is super customizable, and when we got stuck, Invoiced customer support was able to get their engineering team to implement something custom to suit our needs.

Logan

Simple, intuitive invoicing platform...great for small businesses

Pros

The dashboard is clean and the cloud application is accessible anywhere. The dashboard is responsive to any screen size, and the menu structure is easy to navigate. The payment process for my customers is self-explanatory, and the emailed invoices / payment window make it easy to get paid on time.

Cons

As a paid application, I do wish it had more features and customization. I wish I had more control over the invoice design / styling, and the subscription setup and maintenance can be a bit cumbersome and limited in scope. However, not all invoicing software has this capability, so having subscription functionality at all is one reason I chose Invoiced. Most of the websites I both own and build use WordPress as a platform, and I wish Invoiced had a plugin or link to Woocommerce to better and more quickly facilitate a tie-in to these websites. They do have an API with good documentation as an alternative.

Peter

Great Features and Attentive Support & Service

We have multiple i-frame/API integrations and they successfully helped our internal development team with these integrations. Their support is very responsive and is US-based. They are also HIPAA compliant which was not easy to find. Overall we are very happy with them.

Pros

The team is very engaging and attentive. We needed a lot of customization to integrate the product with our web application and they worked hard to get us where we needed to be.

Cons

It's not fully customizable, it's semi-customizable, so there are concessions to make if you need an integrated product. However this is reflected in the price, as they are much cheaper than most enterprise-level payment SaaS providers.

Reasons for choosing Invoiced

Zuora, Chargify, J Billing, Chargebee, ChargeOver, Aria Systems, Billing Tree, Sage Intacct, Apttus, MX Merchant/Pay Zero

Roselin

I have been using this software for about 6 years and I am very happy with it.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. The invoices generated and sent to customers look professional which gains the customer trust.

Cons

are not able to change UI colors to for example a dark mode.

Reasons for choosing Invoiced

The thing that drew me to the software what the features you get for the price you pay.

4.73/5 out of 133 reviews