Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "I don't have time for complicated systems and kashflow is simple and easy"

• "It's not Sage! I've been using accounting software for 30 years and some of it was a nightmare. Kashflow is straightforward and easy to use."

• "- Some of the reports are fun. - Being cloud-based is great because you can log in anywhere. - The basic menu is straight-forward."

• "It is very easy to use and declare my tax online. "

• Cons

• "Getting your head around the Stock feature was a bit tricky - but maybe thats just me!"

• "Only slight negative is lots of different pages but ultimately useful to capture all required info"

• "Changing between screens can be slow on some occcassions as the programme is not on personal computer. "

• "Takes a while to set up but as it covers all bases this is to be expected. "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 63 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Stephen from Whitebolt Ltd

I haven't time to learn PayRoll as well

Kashflow has been a life-saver for me and my business; I do not have the time to learn how to book keep properly or run a Payroll. It means I can focus on the aspects of my business that I need to develop and give less time to admin.

Pros

It does what it says on the tin. So, it will run your payroll for you, tracking Tax & NI, produce P45s/P60s and submit data to the Government. It basically does everything you'd expect a payroll software to do. Payroll is complicated and KashFlow Payroll does its best to simplify this fr you; actually, I could not run my business without it.

Cons

The biggest annoyance is that you have to login to it separately from the main KashFlow program. Whilst it integrates the two at a data level really well, I don't understand why I cannot click seamlessly between the two.

Also, I think it lacks some features:
- I'd like it to handle and submit P11D forms
- It'd be nice if it integrated more tightly with Government so as well as submitting it also, showed me my tax balance owed. That would be a nice feature.
- Fixing a payroll mistake is a bit cumbersome as you have to roll back any intervening weeks. It'd nice if there was a simple tool for this.

They charge for their tutorials

I find Kashflow a mixed bag. In some ways, it's a good system and works well when everything is perfect. If you suddenly need to change something, however, prepare to get frustrated (no doubt you will at some point and good luck not messing your accounts up!). Charging for their basic tutorials on how to use the software to avoid messing things up will cost you on top of the monthly subscription you're paying. This reason alone, I feel their not customer centric and am personally moving to another system due to this.

Pros

Kashflow can generate some nice reports and it looks fairly appealing.
Straight forward to set up in some ways.
Support is ok, can be a mixed bag.

Cons

A bit un-intuitive, unable to open links in new windows for some things which mean you have to keep re-running a report to work through each item in a list rather than quickly skip forwards and backward (Kashflow also forgets which dates you had selected so you have to re-select both dates every time!).

Unclear in places

Tutorials to learn the software are paid for those who are already subscribed, this is unforgivable. What kind of company charges their subscription paying customers to learn the software they pay for??

Kashflow feels like a strange mix between last gen software (and the frustrations that came with it) along with new gen (clean-ish interface). The whole package doesn't feel polished or finished.

Things like importing bank files will lead to duplicates without warning, Kashflow won't bother to check if any items are dupes. There goes the rest of your month manually removing all the duplicate items! Support will say it can only be done manually, can you tell it happened to me?

Chris from The Dirty Cow Burger Company

Ideal for the starter business

A joy to use and a great help to my fledgling business.

Pros

For a new business the most important thing is ease of use. Once set up Kashflow is intuitive to use and great to look at. Got an issue, the customer support is great, one to one help with a support person every time.

Cons

Takes a while to set up but as it covers all bases this is to be expected.

Will from Matra Magic

Easy to use and intuitive software

Makes running the back end of my business very easy.

Pros

Cons

No real issues. I've found customer service have sorted out any problems quickly and efficiently.
I can't even complain that it's expensive as it's very good value!

Justin from Horton Consultants

Easy to use, does everything I need

Pros

Kashflow is a great package for my small business. It captures everything I need, produces great reports and even allows me to submit my VAT at the touch of a button!

Cons

Nothing right now, it really does manage to tick all the boxes

Tom from ElpaTech Ltd

Easy to use, awful to get support

Pros

KashFlow is a really easy to use system for small businesses and handles CIS correctly which is a plus.

Cons

The support provided by Iris & KashFlow is truly abysmal. The support staff always tell you to ask your accountant which is nonsense.

Mark from 3county care

Payroll wage

Very good, I would pay a bit extra for telephone support as well for both packages as sometimes the wait is really frustrating

Pros

The ease of set up , the ease of use. The integration into accounts package

Cons

It doesn’t have holiday pay . It doesn’t have multiple options for hourly pay on the wage making it time consuming changing the rates everytime.
Other systems do this very well so I’m sure you can change

Gregorio from SIMNSA

Go beyond expectations to be an accounting software for small and medium businesses

In general it is a very good system for the price, it fulfills the basic operations expected from day to day for the company.

Pros

It is a web base easy to use for all administrative areas of small business, you do not need to be an accountant to perform the processes of billing and collection.

Cons

There are still some sections of the system that have not been updated, but I feel satisfied until this moment.

Darryl from RG4 Partners

Ease of Use... excellent system

Excellent, ease of use, automation and speed mean more complex processes are easy

Pros

I have been using Kashflow for some time and having used other in the market, the ease of use and adaptability of Kashflow, for me, put it ahead of its competitors. Easy to personalise, the bank links and automation both with banks and HMRC mean half the work is done, for ease of mind this is a real plus. Excellent system would highly recommend

Cons

Old historical automation can sometimes slow the process down, but that's more of a personal problem

ann from chefsmate ltd

easy use of kashflow payroll

It is easy to do payroll and being someone of little experience in that department it has made it really easy for me to accomplish this task without being scared of doing it..... I would highly recommend it for small/medium business who want value for money or large business with a dedicated HR department

Pros

I have been using Kashflow Payroll for over a year …. it is one the easiest software solution I have ever used I can complete my payroll and all documentation printed off inside 10 minutes

Cons

the only downfall is support... you have to email support and unfortunately they can take up to 48 hours to reply which is usually a bit too long for me I think in this matter you need an answer more promptly

Kashflow is great for a small business

Pros

Easy to use and a really amazing customer service team to help with issues

Cons

Some features do need a bit of work for example CIS

February 2016

Clive

February 2016

Saved us £1500 is postage alone

Have used Sage for twenty years we looked at all the online - We tested all the other systems and Kashflow was the quickest to set up the easiest to use. Although customer support is by email its very quick so why wasted hours on a phone. They also offer a discount at http://kf.cm/LrG3g1

Pros

invoices, statements and reminder letters all by email.
Payroll can be included.
Simple to set up.
Quick Support via email - you can be working on the items instead of hanging on the end if a phone and then you also have a clear answer which you can refer to in the future
No long Term Contract

Cons

Last time I checked I could not include the supplies invoice number of the payment remittence advice.

Response from KashFlow Software of

Replied February 2016

Hi there - thanks for your invaluable review. Enjoy the product!

Neil from Coded Creations Limited

The easiest way to manage business accounts large and small

Pros

I like the automatic VAT, Pay Roll RTI updates and self assessment filing, these features make it simple to make the correct submissions the the HMRC first time.

Cons

The mobile app could be more fully featured as it only offers a small portion of the websites functionality.

Wendy from Safe Haven for Donkeys

Very comprehensive but at the same time user friendly

Our previous cash flow software was not able to cope with the workplace pension element - KashFlow is able to provide us with a simple spreadsheet that we upload to the pension provider's website. Couldn't be easier. The cost is also very reasonable. We couldn't be happier.

Pros

This software does it all - payroll, P45s, end of year forms, pension output files - and so simply. I am no payroll expert and thanks to this software, I don't have to be. Everything is basically done for you, you just follow the simple steps.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like, it was excellent.

Glen from Andrews Heating Services

Excellent software

Happy with kashflow, simple to use and reasonably priced

Pros

I don't have time for complicated systems and kashflow is simple and easy

Cons

I havent found much to moan about this software

Excellent for UK customers who don't plan to do expenses 'on the go'

Good, enthusiastic people. Particularly good for UK clients who don't need on-the-go.

Pros

VAT and HRMC 'Make Data Digital' integration
UK based, so available during the morning
Great customer service via chat or phone callback

Cons

Their app doesn't allow on-the-road expenses loading, e.g. photo of a receipt loading instantly. Instead it's via dropbox, and is awkward. They claim to working on improvements but if on the road is important to you you'll need to look elsewhere.

Gareth from Eduphile Ltd

Ideal timesaver for a small business

It has allowed me to complete the payroll demands of HMRC and monthly reporting with a minimum of work

Pros

It ties easily in with Kashflow. It is relatively easy to set up for a company and for individuals on the payroll. it records data and produces detailed reports on demand, thus providing a useful check. The monthly reports to HMRC occur easily and possible incomplete information or problems are flagged up.

Cons

I found the integration with NEST more difficult- but it could well have been NEST's end that caused difficulties. It is obviously designed for those who use English for their administration. I use both English and Welsh and the spellcheck feature changed the Welsh spellings!

Ollie from Events Services

Good software, slow development

Overall, useful and valuable software. However now becoming too expensive and deviating from the founder's original game plan

Good functionality
Quick to transition from more traditional software such as Sage

Cons

Slow to develop new features
API upgrade been in development for 4 years and no progress
Subscriptions increase frequently for no clear obvious benefit

Software massively let down by sub-par support

Pros

- Some of the reports are fun.
- Being cloud-based is great because you can log in anywhere.
- The basic menu is straight-forward.

Cons

- The support is terrible - slow, uninformed, slack. They don't know the software or understand what you want to do with it
- Beyond the basic menu it's a nightmare trying to find anything.
- Some of the features (like journal) are locked away to try and make you upgrade to the payroll version.
- Statements and invoices will be logged as "sent" when they haven't been sent - no way of finding out without asking your customers.
- The app is a bit pointless.
- When something goes wrong, you're on your own.

July 2014

Will

July 2014

Fine software and fine service

I am very happy with Kashflow. Easy to set up and use but sophisticated enough to cope with everything a typical small business might want. I particularly like the PayPal integration and the more integration that happens, the better as far as I am concerned. Being able to access accounting data from anywhere and even better allowing your accountant to access it has been a tremendous timesaver. I also like the automated back-ups and the ability to switch easily between the accounts of multiple businesses. They even reduced the price to a level where it could not become an issue.

Pros

Ease of set-up and use
Your accountant and you can easily get access to the original data from anywhere
Good handling of multiple sets of accounts
OK Reports
Integration with other systems
Reasonably priced

Cons

Does not automatically integrate with everything I want it to (yet!)
Standard reporting is adequate rather than extensive
Can't think of anything else