• Pros

• "Great customer service, the app works seamlessly between the computer and the phones."

• "The overall simplicity of the program is very nice. Everything flows pretty well."

• "It is easy to use and has great scalability. I am able to use it with a team that isn't the best with technology."

• Cons

• "There are not many, if any negative thoughts I have for this app."

• "Sometimes when i start a problem report the page flips before I finish it."

• "Notifications And annoying popping up every 2 seconds."

Browse MaintainX Reviews

David from Peltier Enterprises, Inc.

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

Pros

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

MaintainX was what satisfied our needs without flashy extra options that we would never use. We just needed a simple, powerful work order system and I feel that MaintainX provides all of that for us.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

We made the switch because the software was difficult to setup, the mobile app was not efficient, end user confusion and there was not enough value in the price being charged.

Mike from McMurray Fabrics

Industry: Textiles

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX. It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis. Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Being mobile first was a big factor. Not needing to spend thousands of dollars for help setting up the software. You can do it yourself and MaintainX will help for free. Knowing instantly what is happening, communicating directly with the tech, attaching manuals, photos, videos to work orders it makes you more effective.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

It was just too laborious and complicated to manage. Being paper based I would have to review hundreds of pages weekly. Sometimes it would be weeks before I could review a PM and find a problem I should have known about.

Sean from The DeLong Co., Inc.

Industry: Farming

Great software

It’s been a great experience snd will help to streamline our maintenance and safety. The MaintainX staff has been great to work with and setting up our orgs.

Pros

It is very easy to use and get set up. It also doesn’t matter how experienced our guys are with tech it is very easy to use

Cons

Haven’t found something we don’t like yet

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Our employees liked this system and thought it would be more user friendly

Rhonda from United Data Networks Inc

Review and suggestions

The technicians like the platform for uploading most pictures and workorders. There have been times they still need to email information to the main office because Maintainx doesn't upload properly

Pros

We need more characters available for the description. I don't have enough room for all the information I need to put in there. Adding the addresses for us is not helpful. Almost every jobsite is different for us. Customizing the time for the start time and the due date time would be better. Sometimes we have a start time of 7:45 and we are unable to put the exact time in. 7:30 and 8:00 are the only options

Cons

See above. Getting used to it was not as hard as I initially thought

Unknown. Probably the free trial

Anna from Property Managers, LLC

MaintainX

Overall, it is a great user friendly program.

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. I can add work orders from my computer as well as from my mobile phone. I can look daily at the progress my guys are making and give feedback. I can send messages through this portal as well.

Cons

My work orders fall off if my guys don't do them daily. Also, when printing reports dates come up when they shouldn't be populated.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

My boss liked the options this program gave us.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

So many problems with the programming.

Tom from Syracuse Glass Company

Industry: Building Materials

Very Satisfied

I've now had several meetings with our maintenance team. We have completed our first weekly's and will we are in progress with our first departments monthly PM's. The software is everything that I was lead to expect and more. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredibly resourceful, responsive and helpful. It's always nice to make a decision after testing 15 solutions (felt like 1000) and feel confident that you've made the correct decision. I feel that way right now and wanted to share. We still have some setup to go - I'm taking the walk before run approach with the guys but this is slick. I'm looking forward to the partnership.

Pros

The seamless transition between the desktop and the mobile app make this a really nice solution. The reporting, filtering and scheduling abilities of the work orders is really nice and easy to use.

Cons

So far the only cons were identified at selection and were so minor they didn't prohibit me from selecting the solution. Little things like work orders have a really slick ability to save filters but reporting and the mobile app do not have it. It's not a huge deal since mobile users can filter to themselves and see only what they need to but it would be helpful if they could save encompassing filters such as specific departments and weekly vs monthly vs annually.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Bottom line was twofold. 1st - the demo and setup were extremely straight forward (Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). 2nd - the price was unmatchable. For the functionality they are offering at their price point - it made the selection simple.

Daisy from Glanos Hydro Dynamic LLC

Grows with your needs!

We have enjoyed partnering with MaintainX and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset in getting us what we need to be successful with the product! He helped create some of our procedure pages and that was HUGE!

Pros

We started using MaintainX about 6 months ago and what we like most is that they are always improving their product. They take what the customer needs and works to implement the closest version of what is needed.

Cons

The reports are not very easy to filter and are not able to be fully customized, yet. However, they are better than other systems we have seen and MaintainX is consistently improving the capabilities. The other piece I wish was improved is the layout of the exported work order. It is not very pretty and cannot, at this time, be customized to remove the information I don't need.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

We chose MaintainX specifically because it was a new and growing product. We felt the products bones were good and seeing where the product was moving was exactly where we needed to be. The cost is on point with the product and is manageable for a newer company, like ours.

Karl from Sea to Sky

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

Pros

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Cons

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Upkeep encouraged me to look for other software due to how my business operates and number of employees.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Needed something more professional and organized that also offered document and photo integration for better organizing of work orders.

Michael from Cincinnati Marriott NE

Great Product for you Facility

Really enjoy. Our Team has embraced it and it definitely keeps us on track with building maintenance

Pros

Very thorough once you have the platform....covers the entire buiding

Cons

Takes a little longer for users to load in requests compared to other products. Its outputs are much more detailed so I am certain that has something to do with it

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

The no longer supported a computer based platform

derek from Smith Land & Improvement Corporation

MaintainX is an easy way to keep track of my property management tasks

I work in commercial property management and this app keeps me organized. Everything from preventative maintenance schedules to one-time repairs can easily be tracked. I also like that I can assign my items to another manager when I am on vacation.

Pros

The ability to quickly add images and other documents makes it easy to go back and reference jobs

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for large files to upload to the browser version. I have not experienced this issue with the Android app.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

MaintainX allows greater flexibility with locations, sub-location, assets, and sub-assets. This feature is very important because I manage several properties and each one is broken into suites and each suite has several systems that need tracked.

Ron from Marriott Sand Key

MaintainX- the facility managers multi tool

Overall I am hyper pleased with the software's performance, reliability, cost, and ease of use.

Pros

I most enjoy the simple UI. In my industry there is little to no budget for training and onboarding of personnel. My team is also made up of individuals in which English is a second language. MaintainX has been able to capture a feature rich suite of tools that anyone can master in a relative short amount of time.

Cons

As a user since its Beta, I have yet to find anything I do not like.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Simple UI, and value of features.

Cost reasons-

Christopher from Aspire Rehabilitation

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything. After researching a few potential apps, I knew that I wanted the process to be as simple as possible for our staff. When there's a maintenance issue: 1) Take a photo (which often describes the issue in more detail than our staff thinks to do); 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3)Hit send. I also appreciate being able to reference the specific work order within the app to ask follow up questions and to let the requester know when the work order is done. MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Bryan from Multi-Pros

Better than the rest

Great app with everything we were looking for and way below the cost of others. Great support team. We know we can get our jobs done and communicate better as a team using this app.

Pros

They reach out to us personally every so often to ask if we would like to change anything. They always listen to the issues we have and correct it as soon as possible.

Cons

You can only add one photo at a time in comments.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Lower cost and more user friendly.

Jason from Hotel Azure

Awesome Maintenance Software

MaintainX is an amazing tool to have. I have had issues with other similar software and have found that getting staff onboard with this type of software to be very difficult. When I first introduced this software, my staff was completely against it, but as soon as they saw how easy it was and what communication improvements came from this software they jumped in and have not stopped using it.

Pros

I have been searching for a good maintenance software for a long time. When I came across MaintainX I was a bit skeptical, but quickly found that it was the right software for me and the company I work for. As soon as I signed up for the free trial, I was greeted with an email from their staff, and to my surprise, when I had a question I was responded to immediately.

Cons

The only down fall to this software is that I have quite a few staff members that will be requestors, but they do not speak English well and it would be best if there were a translator option from Spanish to English and vice versa, but I have been informed by the staff that they are working on that part of the software now. I hope that this comes quickly as it would ease the pain of trying to improve communication with some of my staff.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

MaintainX offers everything I wanted at a very reasonable price, whereas, the other software that I have looked at did not offer many of the items I needed. One example is a parts inventory system. Something else MaintainX offered that the competitors did not was real time communication through the software.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

UpKeep had a few quality options, but could not do everything I wanted. Once I found MaintainX, I discovered that they offered everything that UpKeep offered and much more.

Hayley from North Georgia Heavy Equipmwmt

Excellent App!!

Excellent customer service and the easiest app we’ve had so far.

Pros

MaintainX is so easy to use and keeps our job information so much more organized.

Cons

Wish there was a feature for our employees to clock in and out on.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Overall a better product however we do use SYNCrew for clocking in and out on.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Trying to find something new and more user friendly.

Kate from aparto

MaintainX has changed the entire way we work

It’s changed how we work on site, making the whole team more efficient and productive. I couldn’t imagine working without it at this point!

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They have been very helpful during set up and really responsive to feedback and suggestions. This app as become a one stop shop for all of our in-house facilities management. We used to have two huge noticeboards full of clipboards, and dozens of paper student repairs forms everyday. This is all gone, bringing us even close to becoming a paperless office. I can easily gauge the workload of my team by checking the app. I have instant oversite on the status of jobs from my desktop. I particularly love that there is a comment section attached to each WO – meaning all staff can be informed of issues, making handovers seamless. The reporting feature is one of my favourites. I can easily export reports for any WO, for an individual WO or for a month’s record of daily tasks. These are easily uploaded to our H&S software. I’m excited about reviewing data after using the app for several months/a year. We will be able to see patterns and trends in issues that arise. For example, how many issues did we have this year? How many repairs does an average student report? Are there particular locations/assets that have more issue than others? This will help us plan for the future in terms of resources.

Cons

I would love to purchase a seat for every staff member in my team, but the monthly costs would be too high. I'd love to see a scaled pricing plan, where the more users you have, the lower the price is.

Clayton from Machinery

Industry: Machinery

Awesome software

MaintainX is a great software! they communicate with you and they want you input on things. we use this software on a day to day basis for our jobs and it works very well this is a great program all around. good Job guys!!! thanks you for making my life easier.

Pros

we love the fact that we are able to create individual work orders, also that we can see witch tech is on witch job with the in progress and that we can put it in the done column once the tech has finish the job. we also love the fact that when a service calls come in everyone is up to date on what is going on. also the fact that we can communicate on this software is great!! it is also awesome that we can leave notes of the job for others to read on each work order.

Cons

there is not much to least like on this software. the only thing i can think of is i would love to see another column for parts on order. once the tech has seen the job it would be great if we could put it in a parts on order status in a column away for the TO DO. i think that is a huge thing because i have some techs that get stress out when they see too much to do in that list so if there would be a 3rd column that would be great.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

after looking at a few apps i have determined that this one was the best to try because of the layout of the software and it seem simple to use. but in all honesty the only way to chose and app it to try it out. for us is that I tried a couple of apps and this one seem to be the better fit for a service company so i keep this one and let me tell you it works great!!

Tom from Phoenix Art Museum

Efficient and Easy to Use Product

Very Good. I have been able to track PMs more easily.

Pros

The ability to use on devices is great for mobility. The interface is clean and uncomplicated, yet is deep and offers many options for me to save data for later use. It is quite intuitive compared to the last CMMS we were using.

Cons

Honestly not much. If anything it might be there is less focus on desktop, which is fine with me. There are some in our organization which is better for them to send me work requests. Of course this may already exist and I just haven't gotten that far yet!

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

MaintainX appears to be on the leading edge of CMMS products.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Ease of use, mobility and more economical and appropriate for our facility/assets.

roberto from DMI Diseño y maquinado industrial

MANUFACTURING ADAPTION

It is really usefull and needs some improvements

Pros

The software is super friendly and easy to use. A real tool that you can use to manage the jobs in the shop.

Cons

I would like, raw materials inventory, customer data base, suppliers data base and the posibility to set the priority of levels from 1 to 10, so the operator finishes the highest level but knows what is the next right after.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

because it is simpler to use than Upkeep.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Upkeep is expensive and not very friendly but it is very complete

Pam from City of Alvord

GREAT COMMUNICATION TOOL

This has absolutely changed the way that we handle our work orders. It is great for communicating with other employees that are out in the field - it allows them to keep working and not have to take time out of their day to come pick up paper work orders. This also prevents lost text message that take up time from everyone's day to find out if it was received or not. Ugh! This app alerts our people when there are work orders that have not been done yet so there is no overlooking work to be done! I think it is great that I can go in and update a work order - the job changes alot of time and it is easy to just go in and edit and send it back out. Things are so much easier for us since we have been using this app and I can't imagine going back to the old way of handling the workload.

Pros

What I like most about this software: (1) how easy it is to use (2) the ability that we have to track our work orders and (3) I can create a work order to be done a few days from now and it will send out a reminder

Cons

I do not know of any cons at this point -- but I guess if I had to pick one, I would say that it doesn't cook for me.

Bruno from Terracrest Property Management

Best Maintenance App

Maintainx has been very helpful with any questions we have. They have always responded promptly. When looking for an app which allows our small maintenance team to stay organized and communicate, we struggled to find something that was user friendly or not overly complicated. MaintainX is by far the best app for our needs. It is so simple to use, yet it has all the features your team would need.

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly. The chat feature within the app is great for keeping communication open.

Cons

None to be honest. It suited our needs perfectly

Matthew from Matthew’s AC & Heating

Perfect

Overall I am really happy with the use of this app. It save me time, so it saves me money. The price is great for the number of contracted labor's.

Pros

I really like this app as well as my team. We can easily add a service call or an HVAC instillation. The steps for the team asteroid easy to add and I have all the information for things like billing a customer, sending their warranty information, or simply writing a thank you letter. I don’t have to ask them any questions about work performed on the job because they are able to input any information i need for work orders. It also allows me to schedule future work orders so that we can remember when a customers system is due for maintenance. I also like that I can print a pdf of the work order and keep a copy for my files and give the customer the details of their work and add comments if needed. I like the fact that the guys can see upcoming service calls, rough in, or finish out. Sometimes the steps happen within months of each other and it easy to add unit numbers and dates as the instillation is worked on.

Cons

I don’t like that the work orders that are on hold sit on the calendar on the day it was created. It would be easier if they sat in a separate folder and I could put them on the calendar later.

Kareem from Wellington Office Park

Great Software - Just what we needed!

Awesome support (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). Great company. Very competitive pricing. This product is helping us a lot and I highly recommend it. If you need any work order software, this is the one.

Pros

Ease of use - the mobile app is very intuitive to use. The inbox interface is smooth. It is easy for our maintenance team to see all open work orders and get them done. Speed - The app loads up nearly instantly. No waiting for work orders to appear or notifications to pop up. Visibility - This one is for me. I can open the app and quickly see what work is being done and I get a full history of all the work orders. We used to use pen and paper before this. User Interface - No clutter. The UI shows just the tools we need.

Cons

Creating repeating work orders is a bit awkward. All the capabilities are there but I needed a little help to get started. The "start time" on work orders was confusing. Some repeating work orders automatically showed up at 1am or 3am which is not ideal. This doesn't knock it down a star because all the capability is there, it's just a bit awkward. Also I would like the ability to label vendor phone numbers. Some vendors have an office number and then a cell number and they show up just in a list of "Contact Phone Numbers".

Scott from OAT Transport Inc

Outstanding Software

Pros

MaintainX offers an easy to use, logical, mobile friendly app. Our mechanics and drivers use it to report issues and document fixes. Reporting is available and the product is fairly priced.

Cons

The team added reporting functionality, which is helpful but I would like to see additional options offered.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Simpler application for what we needed, much easier to figure out how to use.

Norm from First Baptist Church

MaintainX Does it Well and Easily

We love it and use it regularly.

Pros

We tried several other facility software apps. I had a hard tie getting my team to use them regularly because of the complexity of working within the app. When we tested MaintainX, it was really easy and relatively simple to use - user interface and all. And my facility manager really likes it.

Cons

As a church, we're always looking for ways to save money. We have limited the number of users, but have quite a few "requestor only" staff members. This keeps our costs down a little bit. Although not as expensive as the others we looked at, It would be nice if the prioce point could be a little lower for non-profits.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Read the above and you'll figure out why.

Brian from Florida Commercial Care

Best bang for your buck!!

great software and program. very user friendly.

Pros

the ease of setup and use. the training and expertise of the team.

Cons

a few of the details are hard to manuever like the asset assignment.

ease of use.... CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

maintainx was more of an all in one shop

Wannak from Woodcom Ltd.

A great online platform for task management.

Overall I am completely satisfied this this platform, and could recommend it to others whom work in my industry. The customer support is great. Easy to use platform.

Pros

We like to use it to distribute tasks to each other, and have allow access to management to keep track on work flow. Even though we are still on the testing phase of using this platform, we are very happy with how it operates, and are looking at subscribing to the premium service.

Cons

For what we use this platform for, there are currently no negatives, not for me anyway. I think my colleague mentioned that it doesn't work whilst offline. We work in rural areas, and have to wait until we get into cellular coverage to update. Could this information be entered and back logged in future?

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

We chose it because of the simplicity. We work on the fly, so for us, the easier the better.

Justin from Campus Recreation

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

This is the CCMS YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR

It has been a time saver for us.

Pros

Price, app, features, chat functions, customer service

Cons

Notifications, I wish I could select the Notifications that are sent out

Customer service, app

Erez from Freenfield ECO

Industry: Industrial Automation

The best CMMS I've seen.

It's a great looking, true mobile first, great for small and large teams. It helps the business stay on top of any maintenance operation. it's reliable, fast and evolving. Its customer service is superb. whenever I had a question or request I got almost immediate response from the friendly team. Nothing is getting lost and the control center together with the deployed teams are all in sync.

Pros

It's user friendly and does everything I need without trying to figure out how a specific feature works. Those features are making it easy to implement in the organization methodology. The ability to work with multiple locations, multiple organizations and multiple teams and assignments gives the system an edge.

Cons

There is no email system to communicate with client and vendors, it's all done through the App.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Its ease of use was superior to any other alternative.

Blake from Adept Property Maintenance

Not a bad option for the price

I use it to schedule my techs on service calls

Pros

Free, helps track time spent on a job, helps bill accurately.

Cons

Scheduling is a pain as you cant reorder the jobs on a calendar. Cant easily see who is assigned to a job in calendar view. Many of the pro features are not really useful to me, making it hard to justify the upgrade.

free

Tyler from Midland Country Club

Easiest Maintenance Software Available

I've truly enjoyed the ability to communicate through the app. I can comment on each individual work order, giving whomever requested an opportunity to views it's progress all the way to completion. I was not initially fond of the idea of a maintenance work order system but have been very please with the MaintX app thus far.

Pros

I love the ease of use. This software keeps all of our management staff informed and up to date with all of our maintenance issues.

Cons

The fact that anyone with a phone can create and add new work orders to our never ending list!

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Overall interface was much easier to use and not nearly as overwhelmingly detailed. We didn't need a system for inventory or tool check-in/out. I felt this system best fit our needs and was just detailed enough to do exactly what we needed.

Anne from City of Oregon City

Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent for tracking maintenance requests from multiple users

I enjoy the app and it is a great product. Problem is just getting other employees to use it.

Pros

The software allows users to send me a request so I can respond immediately if needed.

Cons

The software is great. I just have had trouble getting buy in from all facilities. I will keep at them to use for requesting service.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

I first used because MaintenX is free. I initially wanted to try it out because supervisor was looking at a paying for a program. I can see that it’ll take some doing to get people on board to use. A good bit of info to bring to the table. I am hoping I can continue to use at no cost.

Donny from Comfort Inn

Great, easy to use program for your team!

My experience overall has been extremely positive. I was looking at MaintainX as a solution to solve auditing and record keeping for my maintenance department, and it was the perfect option.

Pros

I most liked the ease of use, the user friendly UI, the cost, and the customer service.

Cons

I feel it is unnecessarily difficult to edit certain aspects of work order (for example, if you added the wrong form template, I was unable to just delete that template out of the work order and add a new one. I had to archive and redo the entire work order).

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Cost, and Quore seemed a little bloated with features, whereas MaintainX had exactly what I needed.

Matt from moviESCAPE

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Huge amount of functionality

Huge amount of functionality!! Incredibly useful tool for managing our maintenance and general tasks. Although designed for repairs and maintenance we also use it to assign administrative jobs to members of staff or teams. MaintainX gives us a full overview of what is outstanding, who is working on what and the status of every task!

Pros

Great features even in the free plan and even better in the premium Very responsive team New features constantly being added Easy to setup and use

Cons

Mobile OTP as only login method Premium plan not particularly flexible - a middle step between free and premium would be great as it's a large amount of money

Charline from Buteco Refrigeration Inc

Good Product

Overall we are very happy with the software. It really helped us as we were writing all job in a call book and trying to keep track that way. This is much easier you see everything that hasn't been done yet and you can prioritize the urgency of the call.

Pros

Very user friendly, you can assign jobs to technicians, you can set that technicians only see jobs assigned to them. Separate column for to do and done. You can clearly see which job is in progress. Nice filters. You can prioritize calls.

Cons

There should be another option added for parts on order that way we would know which job we are waiting for parts.

Casey from KeepRite Refrigeration

Very Easy to Use

A cloud based CMMS software has been a lifesaver. MaintainX has improved communication between shifts and reduced down time. After 1 yr of use, we are now creating predictive maintenance work orders.

Pros

Has all the necessary features to efficiently schedule a maintenance department without having too many to get confusing. Reporting is great to see a live overview. Implementation took a little time but the interface on the PC makes it a breeze. Customer service was very helpful and gave a 1 on 1 experience. This software was essential in converting from an old paper system.

Cons

Not much I could say is a con. Be prepared to be computer savvy.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Easy of use and Cloud based solution not relying on internal servers for SQL.

Brandon from SERVRPO of McLean

Great Application with Stellar Support

My overall experience has been stellar. Not really much to complain about.

Pros

We've been on MaintainX since November of 2019, and have seen the program / app make several changes, all of which have been for the better. I've had small issues since signing up, and the support team has been more than helpful in resolving them, as well as openly welcoming feedback. From what I've seen, the support team is a handful of people, so don't expect an instant response, but they are very quick nonetheless.

Cons

There really isn't much I don't like - if I ever have a complaint, I reach out to the support team and it gets resolved.

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

Our previous solution was slow, unreliable, and severely out-dated.

Colin from Hobe Sound Bible College

Keep up the good work!

Pros

Simple to use but organized and concise. Chose this product because the free version allows me to get notified when a work order has been submitted. I do maintenance for an academy and college and am the main maintenance guy but I have three people who can assign me jobs. This program allows all of them to create work orders for me where I can see them in an organized and clear manner.

Cons

Instead of having to “archive” work orders, I wish simply marking them “done” would clear them from my queue.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Got notifications Free Easy to use.

Lisa from Osceola Partners LLC

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Finally the App That Has Everything I Have Been Looking For!

This app is very user friendly and does everything I want it to. The items most important to me: (1) I am finally able to organize the maintenance tasks I assign, and see the status of each at a moment's glance and (2) I can categorize by project type or location or anything I can dream of, and the multiple tags I can apply per work order make it easy to sort and organize.

Pros

* Ease of Use * Unlimited work orders * Unlimited categories

Cons

* I wish I could order the priorities within in priority type. (Example, if I have 10 high priority items, I'd like to be able to sort within those high priority items--e.g., #1 high priority, #2 high priority, #3 high priority.)

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Maintenance had everything I was looking for, especially the ability to establish multiple categories, and tag each work order with multiple categories, making it easy to sort or organize by project type or location.

Bryan from ATCO INC

Industry: Oil & Energy

My right hand

The wasting time having to call each team member and discuss the issue and when it's stated and then when it's finished. I get notifications of all that without really having to micro manage

Pros

It's very user-friendly and all time communication without actually having to interupt my team for an update

Cons

I wish it had GPS capabilities so I could use the app and find my teams location in one spot.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

Price point Functioning Time saving I know this has a ton of other features I don't use but may on the future

Sydney from Coral crater adventure park

MaintainX

This is a wonderful and useful program for any corporation and I would highly recommend it!

Pros

With our team of guides, we are usually all working different shifts and have different Responsibilities, with MaintainX it makes it easier to communicate what type of projects and maintenance needs to be done and which have priority. Before using this program it took much longer to get important things done. We are now able to assign task to teams, with a photo, description of the work that needs to be done, what tools and supplies are needed and even keep track of When inspections need to be completed.

Cons

Originally I helped our manager set up the program so I was able to see the full program and keep track of all the maintenance going on around the park, due to the cost of the program, once it was finished being set up, I was bumped down to just being a user. From the users point of view, I find it difficult to keep track of projects that need to be done or have already been completed.

Kandis from LuCreative Group

Music Label Loves MX!

Amazing!

Pros

Forget Bandcamp, Monday or other team productivity software, MX is where it is at! Everyone can easily print their work orders and see what is due when. We love the many features and ways MX keeps us organized.

Cons

It is expensive. Bandcamp was free. I wish it linked to Google Calendar and GroupMe some how. I wish there was a DAY overview feature.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

We like the way it organizes things and works well with the app. Everyone is amazed with it.

Marlaina from GRACE Christian School

Great Functionality for Great Price

Pros

App-based software for everyone to have EASY access and download right to their phone. Enables users to report needs FASTER and goes DIRECTLY TO FACILITIES team without delay. VERY ORGANIZED and able to view work orders based on different settings (most often sorted by due date and priority level). VERY CLEAN DESIGN, not confusing to implement for workplace. VERY USER FRIENDLY. Able to view work orders on desktop and phone - updated simultaneously.

Cons

There is very little if anything to not like! Perhaps having an option to have a preset setting when people type in key words to automatically fill out the rest of the work order and be sent to the appropriate team, rather than having to pass through an admin. But that would be very picky. The software works great and we have loved it!

Reasons for Switching to MaintainX

SchoolDude was too complex and convoluted with all our work orders. Not easy for user to use. Very expensive for the few features we were using it for.

Very happy with the functionality of the app

I would like to compare it very close to other hotel property management apps. The most popular one in NYC being Alice with the functionality of a chat and the options to @ a dept in the chat. If this app had that maybe it would take it to another level.

Pros

I like that I can attach photos. Typically assigning a task to another department is not easy unless you are present to show what needs to get done.

Cons

Sometimes it froze up on me when uploading a photo task could just be my phone could be the upload was slow.

Response from MaintainX

Replied September 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are glad you had a positive experience. We haven't heard of any issues with photo uploads related to our app - if your internet connection is weak, that can impact the upload speed. We are working on making many improvements to our chat and messaging and @ mentions will be coming soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be helpful in the future :)

America from Georgia Southern University

Wish I had this sooner!

I really appreciate the ability to look at report to completion timelines, the number of work orders that are still open, which have crossed their deadline, read notes on the orders, etc. It is very comprehensive and we have incorporated all of our preventative maintenance into the system as well.

Pros

Every option/feature that I wanted in the software's capability was there. The fact that is was so user-friendly made it a no brainer!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. If you and your staff learn how to navigate the app, it is easy.

LISA from CITY OF WOOSTER

Industry: Utilities

STATE OF THE ART WORK ORDER SYSTEM

NONE

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE IS SUCH A TIMESAVER! NO MORE PAPERWORK, ALL ON-LINE, EXTREMELY DETAILED FOR PAPERWORK TRAILING, IS A GREAT CRACK FILLER (PREVENTS WORK FALLING IN THE CRACKS), SAVES TIME FOR CREATOR OF WORK ORDER, SAVES TIME FOR THOSE WHO WORK THE ORDERS, NO MORE HAVING TO CALL OR COME INTO THE OFFICE ALL THE TIME, SUPERVISOR/MANAGER IS ABLE TO SEE PRODUCTION AND WHO PRODUCES.

Cons

CREATING A WORK ORDER, GETTING INTERRUPTED AND HAVING TO REVIEW SOMETHING ELSE, THEN HAVING TO START ALL OVER IN GENERATING THE WORK ORDER, BUT MAY BE A WAY AROUND THIS AND I JUST HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

ONE OF OUR OPERATORS SPOKE WITH ANOTHER WATER / WASTEWATER COMMUNITY WHO HAD BEEN CONSIDERING USING THE PRODUCT; WE JUMPED ON IT AND WE ARE SO HAPPY WITH MAINTAINX PROGRAM, ALL THE WAY AROUND. REASONABLE COST AND WELL WORTH IT! SEEMS MAINTAINX HAS COVERED ALL THE BASES! OUR CITY MAYOR IS EXTREMELY PLEASED AS WELL.

Bob from Canandaigua Airport

Great product for running an Airport

Still developing best utilization and have yet to take advantage of all feature, but having basically built a facility management system from scratch using MaintainX provides a great deal of insight on best practices. MaintainX has been extremely helpful for overall asset management, document storage, budget justifications, proof of regulatory compliance.

Pros

Everything I need to manage my facility in one simple product

Cons

Some of the features between desktop and mobile app are not consistent

Intuitive. Easy to use. Does everything I need

William from Mr.b's Handyman Services

Ease of use layout

One of the few apps whenever you need customer support they respond very quickly and if they don’t have the answer they are working on it or get it resolved quickly

Pros

I like that the new update most recent came out and added the search bar for chosing customer invoices

Cons

New update had an issue with how much was being paid on my draws but it did not show it on the main sheet I have to go into the paid file to see what was owed but as always contacted customer support and working on the presently

Lay out of program

Les from Tate Springs Baptist Church

Perfect for us

Pros

GUI is amazing—even on mobile devices. Easy to find assigned work.

Cons

Notifications are not as customizable as I would like.

GUI

Jac from hangrysketches

Game Changer

Pros

This software was a game changer for my business. I am able to create job cards (work orders), upload images of my illustrations, track costings, track my time spent, prioritise, keep procedure lists for individual orders, run reports for orders made per month and completed orders per month. When ever i have a query the customer care team promptly gets back to me with meaningful and useful information. For a one man show is brilliant, but it is tailored to large companies and personal. It makes tracking, organising and time management an absolute breeze so i can focus on completing my actual work.

Cons

I would like to be able to personalise some of the language and categories used, as it is set up for a more maintenance and mechanic business systems.

Reasons for Choosing MaintainX

i had originally signed up with MaintainX, it came up easier in my search functions and they were personable which was very useful to me