What are Manager users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Manager software through verified user reviews

• icon"Maintaining of all accounting entities and Generation of accounting voucher is very good. The software have flexibility feature so that we can easily on/off required modules."
  • icon"Good reporting tools and export. Easy to use once you have the basic."
  • icon"This software is rich with features, easy to install and setup and very intuitive to use. Everything works, it seems to be a stable platform."
  • icon"If, like me, you pay for these up front (no credit) this is totally unnecessary, but there's no way to turn it off—you have to manually update exchange rates."
  • icon"There is no system checks. Account labels cannot be changed."
  • icon"Inability to enter or manage checks. There is no sync on more than one device."

Browse all Manager Reviews

• Have you used Manager and would like to share your experience with others?

Great alternative to the big guys

Manager saved me from going crazy using one of the big, cloud-based accounting packages. I get much more flexibility, better performance and better support, all while paying NOTHING so far. I would strongly encourage any SMB to take a look at Manager for their accounting needs.

Pros

What's not to love about FREE accounting software?? Yes, that's right...the basic desktop version is free, forever. Now, that means you don't get fancy cloud backups (but you can save your files on OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive and such) nor do you get multiple user concurrent access. For those, you need to pay. But that's it! No other limitations. All features available to free users. Manager's strength is in the flexibility of setting up the chart of accounts. Unlike other similar software, there are virtually no restrictions on how you set up your accounts. The user interface is spartan, but easy to use. There are many modules which can be turned on or off to meet your needs. This helps keep your accounts and your software experience uncluttered. You can set up multiple business if desired, and each can be configured with unique sets of features as needed. Lastly, the authors update this program ALL THE TIME, like several times a month new features are added and bugs squashed. When using desktop or server versions, you can choose if and when to upgrade....the cloud version updates automatically.

Cons

The importing of transactions from banks is very fragile. You basically must decide to either enter ALL your transactions by hand, or NONE of them. If you try to enter most transactions and then import your bank file to catch any you missed, you are very likely to end up duplicating transactions. No Bueno! Reporting is quite limited and the custom reports feature is quite mysterious and not thoroughly documented.

Ebrahim

The best value for price I have ever got

Never been happier to spend USD 39 a month, ever.

Pros

It's ease of use and it's strong core personality. There are no fancy gimmicks to draw attention to useless dashboards but the core functionality is among the strongest I have ever seen. The fault tolerance of this service is amazing, you can mess thing as much as you want, and any competent accountant could make quick work of fixing it. The custom reports, templates and easy API (which has no complete documentation as of now, but many are using it -- that's how easy it is) gives you the ability to integrate it and automate things that are not originally include.

Cons

Everything has some down sides, or I might just be nitpicking here. There is no way to lock your reference numbers. The billable expenses and manufacturing still need some work.

Reasons for choosing Manager

Manager is more cost efficient than Odoo and has quicker deployment and training times. Compared to quickbooks, Manager is head and shoulders above that.

Reasons for switching to Manager

Tally has one of the best database designs, however, it has the worst UI design which makes it harder to sell to clients as an ERP that they use themselves. Manager solves this problem, where the client can use it to do their own billing and document generation, no more giving us paperwork, it is all electronic now.

Roger

Time used: Free Trial

October 2014

Manager Accounting Free Software

Easy to use and intuitive. Much simpler than others I've tried. Has the odd glitch but Lubos is onto it and willing to implement suggestions. give it a try.

Anayatullah

February 2022

Full accounting functionality even in free version

I am using "Manager" for the last 5 years. During this period I am fully satisfied with it.

Pros

Five years back, when I was searching for free complete accounting software, I researched (rather experienced) many accounting software. I found "Manager" as the best free desktop option. It has all the functionalities which a good accounting software must have. It is flexible in editing chart of accounts, sub-accounts can be created easily, cost center tracking is available, multiple windows can be opened simultaneously, and reports can be generated as needed, moreover editing the transactions are so simple. I can say it is the best free option out there. Regarding the online paid version, all of the functions of the free desktop version, plus multiple accounts and worldwide access is available with a monthly economical subscription.

Cons

Only advanced finance features and not available in "Manager", otherwise nothing is wrong with the software.

Best small business accounting software with the most features and free

I have been very happy with Manager. As a small consulting business with a more complicated accounting setup than most small businesses, the small business accounting software do not do what I need. Not so with Manager. It does everything I need including multiple currencies, configuration for multiple counties, and unlimited number of different business accounts. The features are rich and customizable which makes setting up just how I need and want simple and effective. Plus, Manager is actively updated.

Pros

This software is feature rich, customizable at all levels, yet simple and intuitive to use. The help files are the best I've seen for any software of any type and also has the best explanations of basic accounting concepts that I've read including AccountingCoach.com. The chart of accounts is the most useful and easy to design of any software I evaluated.

Cons

The GUI is a little dated looking. No automatic connection to banks (but that is not very important to me).

Reasons for switching to Manager

The other softwares did not meet my needs, leaving me always scrambling to figure out how to do what I needed only to discover I works need to buy the enterprise level software to do what I needed. That was too much for my small business.

Norman

Great tool, depending on your needs

Excellent. Happy enough that i'm taking some time to write a review

Pros

Proper accounting software, with debits and credits. Keeps getting better. Good reporting tools and export. Easy to use once you have the basic. No cost for desktop version.

Cons

Web version seems a bit expensive. Proper accounting functionality is not what everyone wants, especially in small business.(meaning debits and credits)

Reasons for switching to Manager

import bank statements, reporting. save time. reliability.

No nonsense, feature rich, double-entry accounting

While Manager and I have had our frustrating moments (see Cons), most of the time it just works. You might even call the software BORING. And I think that's exactly what you want your accounting software to be. :-)

Pros

Manager was a breath of fresh air after using MYOB for so long. It has a modern interface which lets you at your data quickly and easily. It's highly modular, meaning you can add in just the modules you need, and it comes with a lot—far more than I need—including staff and inventory management. It supports GST reporting right out of the box. There's a great support forum with expert uses, and the developers themselves, who are mostly very responsive to questions. I remember once reporting an issue which the developer fixed the SAME DAY! And incredibly, this software is free for small businesses and individuals who don't require the multi-user and networking features of the Cloud Edition (which is US$39 per month). The free Desktop version runs on Linux, Windows and (all-importantly for me) Mac.

Cons

Being a cross-platform app build on web technologies, Manager lacks some of the OS integration and polish that you might expect from a native macOS app. There's no integration with the system Address Book, and the Mac menu bar is basically empty (save for some rudimentary window management). No big deal, but there was one feature that caused me a lot of grief: custom HTML themes. The invoice templates that shipped with Manager were pretty basic and didn't meet my needs. I'm a web developer, so building my own template using HTML and CSS didn't faze me, and it worked fine… until Manager changed its whole templating system over to Liquid-based themes and their own home-made PDF generator. The biggest problem was, the new system only supports inline style attributes, and only a very limited number of CSS properties. When I raised these issues, the developer recommended table-based layouts. :-( They could fix these issues by embedding Chromium, but at the cost of 50 MB increase in app size, which they were unwilling to do. I was able to eventually work around the issues and print to PDF using the macOS print window, but the whole process was painful and time-consuming. Another frustration is Manger's insistence on tracking 'Foreign exchange gains (losses)' every time you pay for something in a foreign currency. If, like me, you pay for these up front (no credit) this is totally unnecessary, but there's no way to turn it off—you have to manually update exchange rates.

Reasons for switching to Manager

I used MYOB for many years, but was increasingly frustrated by the cost of yearly support/upgrades, and the stagnation of the product. So I stopped upgrading until my old version just wasn't supported by macOS anymore. When that happened, I went looking for a more modern alternative.

Awesome Accounting Software

We have replaced Quickbooks with Manager Desktop (Single User) which has served as better and saved us money.

Pros

The Banking Dashboard in Manager makes it very easy to manage banking transactions . The bank reconciliation tool is the best I have ever seen. It has custom field feature and custom fields can be set to appear as column in tables on documents. It is light weight despite it many features and opens and closes very fast, it takes up very small system resources. The search tool makes it very easy to find transactions. It has reports which are not present in many popular paid accounting software. Has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Fixed and Intangible Asset Management, expense claims, inventory management etc. Manager has a lot of customising features so you can make your documents look exactly how you want. Finally the Desktop (single User) is totally free and comes with all the features the server and cloud versions have.

Cons

The server version needs some minor improvement in Audit trail and User Access levels.

Joseph

December 2021

It was I needed (considering the size of the business)

Pros

the Summery Page's Display feels clean. Can categorize the accounts into groups (which is important, especially shareholder wants the statements without the details of specific accounts in the Balance Sheet, Profit-Loss Statement and Cash flow Statement)

Cons

does not have a graph which tracks day to day trend for the business (cannot get everything. I cannot Argue with this (use the Free/Desktop version)). does not separate the Current and Non-Current Accounts for the Assets + Liability

Response from NGSoftware

Hi Joseph, thanks for review. You can design your chart of accounts any way you require including adding sub-groups such as "Current Assets" and "Non-Current Assets". See https://www.manager.io/guides/9181

Replied December 2021

Molefi Abel

complexity of butane's

I spend less time making invoices than I would on the other apps I have used before, accounting problems solved in a jefe, if you have any problem the is help for you in the system. it's a 10 it does perform better than the ones I have used before and with it working the way it does one has no risen to sick another.

Pros

I liked everything about the software it's user-friendly, it has all the choices in the palm of your hands, you can do it all with this software, it makes it easy to do reports.

Cons

except for only, I should be able to write the name of my customer as I do the Order or Invoice, now for every new client, I must add them fist as a Customer. Custom Fields. it's another one of those things I don't get why must you add a field outside of it and then go back to it for editing, adding or editing a tag on a field should not be hard.

less complicated

Jan

Industry: Farming

A lifesaver!

This is very easy to use for the untrained bookkeeper. Most issues arise with bookkeeping conventions, and NOT with the programme. That said, I succeeded in using this software myself for tax and management reports.

Pros

Easy layout. Modular setup. Fully customisable chart of accounts. Easy editing - fast location of entry errors. Fully functional for small and medium sized business. I like the fact that the desktop version does NOT require internet access.

Cons

Some work still is required for custom reporting and forecasting.

Peter

Logical and Just Works - never a hiccup

I use it to invoice and track payments for both my business, also my rental property and also my community organisation. What makes even the free Desktop version amazing is that you can run multiple businesses and that it is instant to change from one to the other. When I think of something for the other business - just one click and I am there and another to get back to what I was doing - most software of this kind requires - saving, closing and or multiple clicks to do the same things.

Pros

It is hard to overlook that it is Free (and fully featured), but what does it most for me is the support - no matter what kind of question you have - if you ask and don't get an immediate answer by one of the forum members (active users of the software) the Software Author will provide the solution or method. It has awesome tutorials in video and printed formats - so when you wonder how to achieve something - there is a link at the bottom of the page take you directly to a context relevant area. Manager can be used for all manner of industries and is highly configurable - not something I have seen very often (regardless of price) - It has way more power and functionality than I will ever use - but that does not make it more complex than a simpler program. There are many smaller conveniences that don't seem as ground breaking but you really appreciate them when you need them or want them - one is awesome security and runs on Linux (and here is the amazing little feature) it can and suggests you keep your data on Dropbox or similar - so when your software (OS)or computer dies, everything is in multiple places and is synced with out any special actions on your part. The data files are really small - and the software flies - never have to wait for any processes.

Cons

That it is not commonly listed in current Linux repos for some attractive Linux software - e.g. Solus - I will only choose a Linux distro if it supports Manager natively - it is the only and most important application in my life.

Leifur

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great stable accounting software that offers everything you need for most companies

It is always a tricky thing to decide what to include in a software and at the same time to keep it simple. The Manager's team has done that perfectly. I started using the desktop version (free version with all functionalities except web access and user accounts) while testing the setup and usability of Manager before implementing it into my company. The simplicity and transparancy of the setup and the very easy path of learning the processes was very easy for us and if we had any questions we could get the answers immediately from the good support community and they authors of the software! Once we were convinced that this is the system for us, we simply set up the software on our own server (cloud version is also available but we decided to keep it in-house) and copied the data files from the desktop version and we were up and running in minutes! The software is very good, stable and super easy to use and it gets our recommendation.

Pros

The features we like the most are the simplicity and general ease of using the system. It covers all the aspects of our trading business, including purchasing and invoicing plus other needs. Manager comes with API connection possibility so it is easy to manage your own software or templates (for example Excel) to simply export data to and from Manager.

Cons

There is nothing that we can point out at this time...

Hennie

Professional accounting software for free

I run a small accounting office and I use Manager.io for all my customers and it is still great to work with this software

Pros

Manager.io is very solid. It never crashes and it is very flexible in a way that you can print reports from any date till any date. It is for instance, very easy to drill down to the basic-entry. Also the functionality is great. It is however very important that, if you are unexperienced with accounting software, you ask someone with experience to help you setting up the system. It saves a lot of time at a later stage. So take time to read the guides This is just a general remark and warning for everybody new. The advantage of Manager.io is that you can fairly easy correct your mistakes.

Cons

There are hardly any cons. The creation of own reports is only possible via exporting data to a spreadsheet.

Cheisto

excellent

Pros

easy to use, the desktop version is fully loaded, good for small business

Cons

no provision to pay the GST online return through this accounting software. also, the cloud version is highly expensive. I could have had purchased if it was less than 10 dollar per month.

Reasons for switching to Manager

they only accept one business

Selemani

Manager is Simple But Powerful Accounting Package

I am using for our consulting company business accounts, using it for our customers some international companies and it fit any type of businesses. general it is a very good package.

Pros

Simplicity in designing business accounts, one page interface that accommodate all entities accounts and flexibility in designing business accounts from setting chart of accounts, customisation of forms, generation of customs reports, managing foreign currencies and keeping long records.

Cons

Need to add second level tracking feature. For example Departmental Level should have feature to break it down to Sections.

Fantastic Accounting Software

I use it for all of my accounting functions.

Pros

Straight forward cash based accounting features that meet all of my needs of a solopreneur.

Cons

No integration to my online tax program.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for choosing Manager

Cheaper and better suited to my needs.

Jose

Excellent for small business

I have a small engineering related service business, I barely know anything about accounting, but this software makes it really easy to understand and keep track of the financial situation of my business at any moment. I can generate and track Invoices, quotes, bank statements; everything combined in a simple way. Very customizable. The way to input transactions is really intuitive for a non-accounting person. Free version is fully functional.

Pros

Easy to use accounting software for someone that doesn' t know much about accounting. And best of all, the free version is fully functional.

Cons

From my point of view, it's excellent.

Norman

Great accounting app

An extremely positive experience for me.

Pros

I'm a novice small business bookkeeper without formal training. I've used Quickbooks/Quicken and Manager is miles ahead for what I want. It has a simple, uncluttered interface, pages/forms are simple to complete, the pre-configured reports are well-designed, and it uses very few system resources so it's quick to open, use and close. The Manager Forum is a fantastic resource and although I have no programming background, I've customised some themes successfully.

Cons

There is nothing I've found that I dislike or that I find frustrating.

Manager Software

Awesome

Pros

Easy to Download, setup and use. Really a simple and easy to use program. I recommend it to most of my clients. Data files are easy to copy and use. Back-ups are quick and error free. Importing and exporting to excel is also quick and easy. I love the fact that I can customize Manager to fit my needs. All round awesome program. "Keeping it Simple" is my company motto and Manager is just that.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, Manager is updated and improved all the time. They listen to their users and adjust accordingly.

Manager has made it easy

I've been using Manager for more than 3 years and it is a perfect software solution for small businesses.

Pros

It's user friendly Perfect for my kind of business Have found solutions for all my queries in their forum itself.

Cons

To be honest I am absolutely satisfied and do not have any issues.

Justin

Industry: Chemicals

A Perfectly Growing Software

As a manufacturing firm, this software caters to all my needs, from production orders to inventory management to taxation.

Pros

A very simple and user friendly software. With a very good team of moderators who help out on all issues where users are stuck, be it small or complicated.

Cons

The coding to create different templates and custom reports is something that can be improved and I understand is under development to make it more user friendly.

dickson

Manager review

has been very easy to use and follow and making business transaction very easy. you can easily customise it to a language being used in your country to suit your business. I LIKED most its non limit to usage and time. you can also work offline meaning that you are not affected with internet, power losses.

Pros

free of charge when using this software and a small startup business may not need someone to do its books in the inception year as manager can take care, but accountant maybe be needed in the following year of operation.

Cons

for the period i used it, i havent come accross any challenges that i did not like as most of the tasks i intended to do were all seemless

Gaurav

Ease Of Use

Its One of the Best Software to use

Pros

The best thing is that you can learn this software within a Day or even less, Its Simple and easy to lear and use and it adapts according to usage

Cons

Some features missing like, serial number by default, No Total of items sold

mohd

Great program

Pros

The program is user-friendly and free, with many features and tools suitable for small businesses

Cons

The program contains one negative and is considered the main is not to evaluate the stock and determine the cost ideally to obtain the evaluation of the ideal combination of price volatility must be used policy first come first. Greetings to you I advise in the event of non-volatile prices in your country

Manager