All Melio Reviews

Trustworthy and affordable software

merroudj

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

fast and easy payment processing

At this point in the Melio Payments review, I can honestly say that it's worthwhile to try, particularly given that it's free. For freelancers, accountants, and small enterprises, it's a fantastic financial solution. The latter group may automate their bills or payments and handle all of their customers from a single platform.

PROS

A very tidy, straightforward, but effective tool for paying bills and invoices, Payment processing, is quite simple compared to its rivals; it is substantially more productive. This product's flawless integration with our accounting software is why we chose it. Additionally, it eliminates the inconvenience of printing and sending paper checks. Recipient changes of the payment method selected are seamless

CONS

Improved phone customer service is something I would like to see no other recommendations now. Vendors are added with their Melio links, and those vendors currently in QuickBooks should automatically connect. Now, when you do that, a new vendor is formed and is not connected to the one that presently exists in QuickBooks. Wishlist: It would be nice if there were an option to send international wire transfers in different currencies. If it is wholly linked with Wave Invoicing, it would be fantastic and allow a free connected workflow.

Jamie

Reviewed November 2022

Melio is the best and works seamlessly with QBO

There were a few kinks at first but most of them have been worked out, the customer service is great. I have enjoyed working with them to fix issues or work out bugs. The ease of the app and ability of the integration with QBO is unprecedented and has seriously saved me hundreds of hours for each client that I handle bookkeeping for. I love how quick and easy it is, and it's all in one platform, incoming, outgoing and history. I love everything about Melio.

PROS

The fact that it is free for ACH and has the integration with QBO. It has become my go to for my clients and bill paying and payment processing. I can track all of there A/R and A/P and submit payments or receive payments with a click of a button, makes it so easy and simple. I recommend to my clients and I use it myself almost daily. I love how it gives you options, you pay the fee or your customer does, they make the call on how they want to be paid via check or ACH. It just makes sense.

CONS

The fact that the ACH option still takes sometimes 3, 5 or even 7 days to receive does put a strain on cash flow for some clients. The processing of checks also seems to take a really long time, sometimes I will get a bill in and go immediately to setup payment and it states the received date would still be after the due date which makes it frustrating at times. I appreciate the 2 checks a month for free before charging and realize it can't all be free, but it was nice when it was free. I also wish they had more business to person options, not just B2B. This would be super valuable for Non-profits to save on processing fees as well as some MLM businesses.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Because of the ease of use and the automatic integration that saves so much time with data entry. The recurring payment setup is the best.

Hi Jaime, thank you for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Jeff

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Fantastic Idea, poor implementation, horrific customer service

Really poor customer service, no one is able to help or give advice, and it's a total waste of my time.

PROS

It was easy to set up an account and has a pleasing aesthetic. I was really excited to find it. It's easy to set up vendors and create an invoice (took just a tiny bit of trial and error, but it's very self explanatory).

CONS

It took 6 weeks and numerous emails and chat messages to get them to send a test payment to verify my company bank account. Finally someone who said they were a specialist or a manager said that they had put in a manual override to get my test payments sent. That should have been a warning sign. Then I tried to send my first payment to my vendor, and when I did it said the payment failed and I needed to contact compliance, with no additional information. I've gotten a dribble of requests asking for IRS letters and articles of organization. I've sent them in, but I have had no response as to why I was rejected, why they didn't ask for that information up front if it was going to be needed (it was very foreseeable), and there's no way to get a hold of anyone else. So, I've been waiting for 8+ weeks total and still don't have a functioning product, I don't have any idea what is wrong, and there's no way to contact anyone. The on-site chat rep tells me that they're not authorized to answer my questions and that I need to email the compliance team, but the compliance team is totally unresponsive.

Reason for choosing Melio

I thought I'd try Melio because it is sleek, low cost, and seemed like it might be more modern than Bill.com (which I've found to be good but clunky for other businesses I own).

Hi Jeff, thanks for reaching out. Melio requires an EIN or SSN to approve your account for use. Sometimes, our Compliance team requires further information to verify a business and approve the account. As our Support team does not have access to Compliance decisions, Compliance must indeed be contacted directly. We can confirm our Compliance team has been in touch with you via email regarding your account, and requested further information to possibly overturn their decision and review your account as of today, January 27th. Please note, our teams are available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST. Best Regards, Team Melio

Replied January 2022

Melissa

Reviewed March 2022

Melio helps me get my vendors paid easily and on-time FOR FREE!

PROS

Melio integrates VERY WELL with QBO. I'm able to set up vendor bills/payments with a simple approval workflow quickly and easily. My vendors can choose how they are paid (paper check or direct deposit) and I can choose how to pay them (bank account or credit card). Paying with a bank account is FREE!

CONS

I'm finding that my vendor addresses don't carry over from QBO to Melio, so the first time I pay a vendor in Melio I have to type in the vendor address in Melio, even though it's already set up in QBO. It's a minor inconvenience that I'm hopeful Melio will fix. (Their customer support is great!)

Bill.com is SO EXPENSIVE

Reasons for switching to Melio

We switched to Melio because we wanted a cost-effective way to pay vendors without printing paper checks in the office.

Milena

Love it so far

Great! I am very happy with all features Melio provides and will recommend it to anyone who needs a payment processing system.

PROS

I love Melio. It is very easy to use, and really convenient. I am able to provide more services while spending less time per client. Thank you!

CONS

I had a problem with a Wire transfer once, I haven't tried it again to know if the issue was fixed. Will update when I use it again.

Pricing and a client

Reasons for switching to Melio

Bill.com was much more expensive and provides almost the same features.

Hi Milena, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Vic

Melio pays

I rely on it to pay and get paid.

PROS

It's effortless to set up. More importantly it's easy for my clients to accept and adopt the software into their business.

CONS

Web interface a bit clunky for desktop users.

Reason for choosing Melio

Price mostly but clients seem to like it better than bill.com.

Price.

Hi Vic, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Marialuisa

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Great for Saving Money on Credit Card and ACH Charges

Very easy to use.

PROS

I love that there is no cost for sending my invoices and having the customer absorb the cost of credit card fees or ACH fees.

CONS

It's pretty limited and it had an issue once that I canceled a scheduled recurring payment but it continued to send payment to a vendor for months before I noticed. It did send notices via email, however so that is one me. The reason I didn't notice was because the payments were so close together, I thought the notices were the same payment. So when I got both notices, I didn't realize it was two separate payments.

Reasons for switching to Melio

So credit card fees could be automatically added rather than me having to charge the admin fee myself.

Hi Marialuisa, we're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Thank you for sharing this review with us and the community! Best, Team Melio

Beverly

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Good unless you need a critical payment to be processed immediately

Up until the failed same-day payments, it had been a pretty good way for us to send out payments without having to get checks signed. I am very disappointed with the same day payment issues though.

PROS

It's free and can be used by the owner from his cell phone.

CONS

We had two critical payments that had to go out same day. We paid $30 to have them expedited and they both failed. Customer service could not tell me why and the issue was never resolved.

Price, ease of use

Reasons for switching to Melio

Bill.com charged us and had a very complicated "clearing" process. I could never get it reconciled. I hated it.

Lisa

Reviewed November 2022

Best way to pay vendors- bar none

Easy to implement, and support is great!

PROS

The full integration with in QuickBooks online makes this an easy choice for streamlined and efficient processes.

CONS

It is difficult to know exactly when a vendor will receive a payment. Should be two days but sometimes has been five days. Especially in the beginning of using the software.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Other AP process was clunky. And did not apply credits properly.

Hi Lisa, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Melio – Manage your ACH payments

What sets Melio apart for me is its simplicity, especially when it comes to regular vendors. Sending payments is easy and the platform also allows me to keep a record of all payments made during the year. This is incredibly helpful come tax time.

PROS

I have been using Melio to manage payments to suppliers and contractors. The platform allows us to process ACH payments completely free of charge, which is an incredible benefit. You only incur a cost if you send more than two checks per month. I like its design and the speed at which payments are processed.

CONS

What I don't like is the customer support, it is very, very slow, and when you have a problem with a transaction it can be very tedious and time consuming.

Hi Adam, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad to know you're finding Melio to be such a resourceful tool. We take feedback about our offerings very seriously and we're sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time reaching our support team. Our support team is available for live chat Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm EST to help with any immediate needs. However, please feel free to reach out with any additional concerns via email to reviews@melio.com. Best, Team Melio

Replied November 2023

Herbert

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Painless payments for painful payees

Excellent

PROS

I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile. It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

CONS

There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

Reason for choosing Melio

No need to consolidate my business into a software package that locks you into renewals. I can switch banks, accounting software, addresses etc. and Melio is just for paying bills. No need to be all things.

Easier and more reliable

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team. All the best, Team Melio

Replied December 2020

Ochana

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Love Melio for Large Orders!

PROS

In our line of contracting, we purchase houses from the mainland. Melio allows us to pay large amounts of money through ACH. It saves us wire xfer costs.

CONS

Waiting for Business to Customer or SoleProp Sub-Contractors payments. Only B2B xfers allowed at this time. We need to pay individual subcontractors and refund clients at certain times and the ACH is the best way to accomplish this. Please enable this function so that we aren't limited to whom we send money to with your product. We also cannot have customers pay us through Melio... sometimes payments of over $100K for building are needed, and we have to send them to the bank to do a wire xfer. Please enable C2B payments.

We use them both. Quickbooks limits payments to $50K

Hi Ochana, thanks for sharing this review. We are happy to hear you are finding Melio useful and we appreciate this feedback. If we offer the option of consumer to business payments in the future, please know we'll be sure to make this known. Best, Team Melio

Replied January 2023

Carisa

Melio Simplifies the Payables Proecess

Melio has streamlined our accounting process internally and with our clients. it has given us the ability to work in remote situations and process payments for clients no matter where we are. The payment status and tracking has been key to making sure vendors receive payments and deposit them.

PROS

Melio is an easy app to setup. It's integration into the accounting software is key. It is easy to use and customer service can help with any issues like Stop payments or reissuing payments which saves time on the payables side. It is a benefit that vendors can receive ACH or Checks all with a click of a button!

CONS

The cost per check can be a con of the product, since we went from using it on its inception it was an inconvenience to have to start paying a fee per payment. however the application is still less expensive than the alternative products. The process time is a bit slow, you have to anticipate about 7 business days before payment is received by a vendor.

Reason for choosing Melio

The cost, bill.com carries a monthly subscription fee that is quite high.

Hi Carisa, thank you for sharing this review. We're happy to hear Melio has simplified the accounts payable process for your business. We'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our team. Best, Team Melio

Beau

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Melio is my hero!!!!

Excellent- it takes so much of the organizational hassle out of our billing and payouts.

PROS

It just takes everything off my plate. I don't have to write checks, it has free ACH transfers (for both sides), quickbooks integration, invoice cataloging, payment scheduling, and my favorite... being able to tie multiple company profiles under one admin account! As someone who owns a few [very different] small businesses with different teams, I can keep everything separate and organized, but all under the same login.

CONS

I wish there was some way to store W9's to a contractor's profile in Melio. I don't even need to be able to file 1099s via Melio (although that would be awesome) but this tiny little organizational tool would be really helpful in staying compliant since no one else (like Quickbooks) has this.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Quickbooks was expensive, not always straightforward. Melio offers a place to store incoming invoices (especially the ones I'm not yet ready to pay!) and it's just super simple to use.

Hi Beau, thanks for taking the time to share this review. We're thrilled to be your hero by providing a streamlined experience for your businesses and we're committed to providing you with an excellent user experience. We'll be sure to pass this feedback along to the team. Best, Team Melio

Joe

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Melio Almost Put Me Out of Business

Horrible customer experience when I was hacked last month. It is still not resolved. Someone set themselves up as a vendor and then attempted to pay themselves. The fraudulant contacts are still not out of my account and my account has been frozen for over a month despite claims that it is all cleared up. Foolishly I believed them and attempted to pay my key suppliers again. I came back over the holidays to find that no payments had gone out and almost lost my biggest supplier/vendor. Multiple chats and even a message to one of their executives on LinkedIn (his response illustrated why their customer experience is so poor) have yielded nothing. Despite the headache to set up all my vendors again on another service, that is what I am doing. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE.

PROS

easy to set up and use -- had been reliable until my account was hacked over a month ago. Since then it has been inop.

CONS

unbelievably poor customer support. They have no phone option and are limited on chat. They will promise you a quick email response, but then it never happens.

Hi Joe, thanks for sharing this feedback. We take inquiries related to fraud seriously and would like to investigate this issue further. We cannot find any correspondence with your information. Please email our support team with "Capterra: urgent" in the subject line and we'll be sure to get to the bottom of this. Please know this is of top priority to us. Best, Team Melio

Replied February 2023

Kallie

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Melio saved us in a crunch and we've stayed for years!

It can be hard to find a trustworthy site to send money but we always felt safe with Melio and they have great support to help at any time. Their rules and timing for sending money are simple so once you read those, everything is straightforward and you know exactly when your money will arrive / vice versa.

PROS

We needed to make a payment fast and were having some issues with our bank which required an in person appointment. Finding Melio saved the day and we were able to process the payment quickly, safely, and very conveniently. The cost to use a credit card is the standard 2.9% fee which is invaluable when you want to leverage credit but are in a space where many companies only accept wire transfers.

CONS

I had a payment or two rejected before I knew that you could only select the "I have already received the goods" for my industry but other than that, I had a perfect experience with Melio.

Hi Kallie, thanks for sharing this five star review. We're delighted to hear that Melio has allowed you to process payments quickly, safely, and conveniently. Our goal is to consistently deliver the support and assistance you require for your business. We greatly appreciate your continued support over the years and we'll be sure to pass this feedback along. Best, Team Melio

Brandon