• Pros

• "I like how easy it is to use and the product feels very secure. "

• "Pros are user friendly, customer service, speed of payment."

• "Very inexpensive way to send ACH payments. ACH is free. Paying with a CC is not, but that's not surprising. Ability to sync bills/payments to/from Quickbooks Online."

• Cons

• "- it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet - communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent"

• "I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly. "

• "All payments/bills have to be paid one at a time even if it's the same vendor. Need a way to pay more than one at once to be more efficient. No good reports to see what payments have been sent out."

Browse Melio Reviews

George from The Ninigret Group

Great Software

It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

Pros

The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

Price point and ease of use.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better. All the best, Team Melio

Herbert from Rabid Nerd Productions

Industry: Computer Hardware

Painless payments for painful payees

Excellent

Pros

I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile. It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

Cons

There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

Reasons for Choosing Melio

No need to consolidate my business into a software package that locks you into renewals. I can switch banks, accounting software, addresses etc. and Melio is just for paying bills. No need to be all things.

Easier and more reliable

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team. All the best, Team Melio

Catherine from Project Outdoor LLC

Terrible experience, never again

I will never use this vendor again. I will only use my bank to process ACH payments.

Pros

It was easy to use from Quickbooks and seemed like a good solution.

Cons

After just a few weeks of using it, I am having today a horrible experience: a payment of $39,000 to my vendor was not processed. Not only was Melio unreachable by phone, they were also unresponsive by email (they never responded to my last email) and I had to deal with the issue by chat. Hours later, I still haven't had an update. My bank account was debited 5 business days ago, and Melio still has the money and can't tell me where it is. I am asking them now to send it back to me so that I can urgently wire transfer my vendor.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

I chose Melio because they were a Quickbooks partner. I thought that gave me the assurance that they were safe and reliable. Obviously, that was not the case.

Response from Melio

Replied October 2020

Hi Catherine. Last month one of our banking partners had a technical issue which caused a temporary delay in processing a few payments. After speaking with you, and resolving this matter, we've also made a donation to a charity of your choice. We sincerely apologize and hope this was resolved to your satisfaction. We hope that you continue working with us and one of our account managers will be happy to follow up with you in person if you email us info@meliopayments.com

Kate from iPlacement, Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Melio Feedback

I am happy with the product, especially since it is free for the functionality I am using it for. I would be willing to pay a small fee (at least the cost of a stamp) to have live checks be processed and mailed on the same day that the payment is processed.

Pros

I love that I can pay all invoices without printing and mailing checks. It is also great that the program completely integrates with QuickBooks so the bills show up automatically in Melio, and with a few clicks I can pay all of the bills.

Cons

It takes over a week for a live check to be delivered to a vendor, which is a long time.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

I loved the fact that it was free, and had all of the functionality that I was looking for.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are glad Melio has been able to save you time and busywork. We are currently working on a fast check feature and it should be available soon, so stay tuned. All the best, Team Melio

Markus from make it nice, llc

Great payment tool

I'm excited to use this new platform, the customer service team is fantastic, they immediately respond and they're quick in understanding your 'concern' and will address it accordingly. If it's a new feature idea, they'll let you know that it's been on their list but that other features may currently have priority, appreciate that honesty to not create false hope.

Pros

Ease of setting up all my vendors so they can be paid via ACH with a few clicks (for free) Upload/scan of invoices Quickbooks integration, crucial!! Customer service

Cons

I look forward when they allow me to send out a link to new vendors so they can do their own onboarding (put in their contact & bank details) so that I don't have to chase them myself and input manually.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

I liked the 'simplicity' of use of Melio, it's exactly what my type of business needed.

Ryan from Luxkor

Industry: Sporting Goods

Best Transfer Service Available

Compared to our prior way of making payments to vendors, Melio makes it extremely easier and even saves us money!

Pros

Melio in my opinion is the best transfer service available. Simple and quick to use, it offers a tremendous value. Furthermore, customer service is one of the best I've dealt with.

Cons

It would be great if there was an ability to send international wires in other currencies. For example, in Chinese Yuan.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

Offered better, easier to understand, and free ACH transfers.

Reasons for Switching to Melio

Easier to initiate a transaction from the computer. Cheaper.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear Melio has proved easier and more cost-effective for your business than your previous payment service. We will pass your kind words along to our hard-working customer support team. About international payments, we are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned! All the best, Team Melio

Jason from McCosh Films Inc.

A Cut to the Chase Solution

Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Pros

Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

Cons

I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams. All the best, Team Melio

Adam from Vino Fine Wine & Spirits

Melio for Wine Retailers

See above.

Pros

-ability to use credit cards to pay distributors via ACH -ability to earn triple points on Chase INK Preferred card since Melio is categorized as "shipping" for Chase. Don't mess around with this! -syncing to Quickbooks invoices -itemized credit card transactions with distributor name; easier for bookkeeper -wonderful and responsive account rep - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Smart -simple interface

Cons

THINGS TO ADD: -importing vendor credits from Quickbooks to Melio -ability to partially pay an invoice -ability to sort invoices by date, vendor, due date, amount, etc. -need to clearly display which store/account I'm logged in under; I have two stores and I have to click my name in the bottom left to see which store I'm logged in under ISSUES/IMPROVEMENTS: -better communication with accounts receivable departments at vendors; a lot of companies have Melio and have no idea what it is, don't trust payment, don't tell sales reps, etc. -improve the speed of emailing of payees after payments are made; there is a lot of confusion if/when a payment is made -Code for bonus categories for AmEx and Barclays business cards -Create an Android app -Find a way for credit card payments to hit vendors' accounts at open of business next-day -offer promotions to be more competitive with Plastiq. Currently, Plastiq offers tens of thousands of dollars every month with 1% fees. They also only charge 2.5%... -Find a way to make COD payments easier or more trusted with alcohol vendors

Barb from Quality Bookkeeping Plus

Good System - Needs some tweaks

I have onboarded 2 clients. The first one went well. The second one did not. We had to verify the bank account the deposits did not come through. I kept getting different answers from customer service. Sometimes saying they had gone out, and sometimes saying they had not gone out yet. Back and forth. I think it took about 10 days for them to finally send them out. I still don't know why.

Cost and sync with QBO.

Reasons for Switching to Melio

Bill.com would send vendors and email every time I entered their bill or made changes to their bill in Quickbooks. We were unaware and were entering bills as estimates. This caused a lot of confusion with our vendors. Melio does not send emails to vendors unless you select it when you make the payment.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Barb, thank you for posting this review and providing us with valuable feedback. We will pass your input along to the relevant teams. We are sorry to hear about the issue you had but are glad it was finally resolved. Happy to hear you find Melio helpful and cost-effective. All the best, Team Melio

Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments

- Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive - Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills - Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills - No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

Pros

- I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills - Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills - I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

Reasons for Switching to Melio

- Melio provides less expensive way than Plastiq to pay with debit cards - Better website interface and experience

Zane from Coast to Coast Distribution

Industry: Sporting Goods

A God Among Men

We use Melio to send all our ACH transfers. You can quickly upload and create bills and schedule payments for whenever they are due. when you send transfers via your business debit card, they arrive to your vendors NEXT DAY! It's super easy and actually fun to use. They also have the ability to pay your vendors via credit card, so they charge your card and deliver the funds to your vendor's bank account for a small fee. It really helps us keep up with cash flow, plus the 2% back from the credit card makes the fee almost non existent. And with the direct connection to Quickbooks Online, its super easy to sync all your vendors, bills and payments, making Melio a perfect bill management application. We'd recommend it to everyone.

Pros

- Free to use - Free to send bank transfers - Low cost to send bank transfers by charging a credit card - Perfect bill management application - Gorgeous and responsive UI - Syncs directly with Quickbooks - Quick and responsive support staff

Cons

No ability to pay international vendors via credit card transactions, but no one does that so not really a loss.

Katherine from Moore Brothers Wine Co

High marks for ease of use and customer service

Overall I've been very pleased with Melio. We currently only use it to pay vendors which is all we need and for that it's perfect. The payments are fast, secure, and easy to set up. I should have signed up for this service long ago!

Pros

Pros are user friendly, customer service, speed of payment.

Cons

I don't know that I've found any cons yet. So far the program has given me exactly what I've needed it to. I guess the only thing is not being able to merge two vendors that are the same but accidentally created if both have a payment already made on them.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

The main factor in choosing Melio was due to our premier vendor. They preferred payment electronically versus a paper check. Since we were sending checks to them 2-4x a week, it made sense to use Melio. I'm glad that we did too because it has made my job easier especially with working from home part time due to Covid.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for this great review. So happy to hear Melio has been able to simplify your bill pay process and we're super grateful to have you as a customer. All the best, Team Melio

David from Saraghina Restaurant

Fantastic, easy to use product

I have cut back on hand written checks by 90%, which saves me 2-3 hours and ACH transactions are more secure and immediate than mail.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the product feels very secure.

Cons

Copying vendors between stores under the same company would be a great feature. I found the Quickbooks integration clunky, as every time I made a payment it made several entries, but it's fast enough to manually enter payments.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi David, thank you for posting such a great review. We are glad to hear using Melio saves your business so much time - it's what we're here for! We would also like to thank you for your valuable feedback and will pass it along to the team to see what can be improved. All the best, Team Melio

Christine from Spirit Lounge Corp

A Diamond in the rough ...

Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

Pros

I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

Cons

I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

TD was too complex and expensive. Just needed a simple and free way to invoice clients.

Cost of fees ...

Kelly from Wise Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Melio is the best for small buisness

First of all, it's free. How is that the case? I don't know. The customer service is great--quick, easy, kind.

Pros

It's simple, and does exactly and only the thing I want it to do: Pay people! I have other software the tracks everything, just no way to pay larger sums out.

Cons

nothing. literally. it's simple and works.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

simple! I like simple. life is too complex.

Reasons for Switching to Melio

it is too complicated for just my little business. I don't need all the features, but it was too complex to pair their system down to just meet my needs.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to post such an amazing review. We are glad to hear using Melio has helped your business become more efficient and provided you with an easy to use solution - it's what we're here for! All the best, Team Melio

Jason from Keyz Media

The easiest way to pay vendors

Absolutely love it!

Pros

Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Cons

Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned. All the best, Team Melio

Sorry we don't accept credit cards - has that bothered you before?

Overall it's given me the freedom, and the recipients all flexibility to make transactions fast and convenient. I also particularly like support. They are real people and treat their customers as real people. Fintech can often get caught up in the tech side, and forget that it's is still humans housing the product.

Pros

The onboarding is fast and easy. It is a direct solution and no ambiguity. The support was fantastic and has helped when needed it, and that was user error, not the platform. What I like most is that Melio gives you the flexibility that you wouldn't get in your financing and A/R flex. It's also something that has actually helped our client's more than it's helped us.

Cons

There are some limits to what you can use it for, while I understand those limits, sometimes you'll run into sites that it might not work with. Perhaps a bit more detail on the progress of transactions, and an audit trail. It's a great solution to a simple gap, doing one thing well it's hard to find faults. That said I don't use it every day.

Neil from SolarKal

Industry: Renewables & Environment

All startup Founders and C-level execs need to know about Melio

Exceptional. I have a relationship manager who always solves any issue that might come up, and I am thrilled these guys found me. Highly recommmend.

Pros

Melio made making payments to vendors, 1099s, partners, etc., A LOT easier for me. The interface is easy to understand, and it reads invoices well, so that you are just clicking buttons towards payments.

Cons

They need to make it so that you can pay expense reimbursements to W2 employees. I know they are working on that though.

Great, cost-effective platform to process vendor payment

Pros

Perfect integration with Quickbooks. Low cost to process payment. Simple but effective UI.

Cons

Processing time could be faster. Initial delay could be shorter.

Processing cost

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi, thank you for this great review. We are very glad to hear you are enjoying Melio's user interface and QuickBooks integration. We would also like to thank you for the important feedback. We are always looking to improve and will pass your input along to the relevant teams. All the best, Team Melio

Daniel from iPenzing LLC

Bringing US accounts payable into the 21st century

Pros

It's insane, but businesses still mail each other checks. It feels like time travel back into the 50s. Melio makes it possible to easily do FREE ACH payments. It's crazy, that this is something special and makes them a standout in 2020, but that's the reality here in the US. Thanks for giving us the most obvious & basic functionality!!!

Cons

No cons. It's really easy and great for us.

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to hear you find Melio easy and helpful for running your business! All the best, Team Melio

ILEANA from M&M LOGISTICS

Best!! Notifies you thru email

Notification of payments is the best about melio thru email and thru software

Pros

MELIO helps you identify the next payments to be due in time and also notifies you by email your next due bills. That is the best since a company with many vendors like ours help us to save time in making payments because, you can put all the information you need to help yourself with the identification and payments of your vendors.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about melio, I love it and I would like to continue using it.

Brent from Stratosphere

Melio is the easiest software to use

Pros

I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

Cons

It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Reasons for Switching to Melio

Faster payout time went from 7 with stripe not counting weekends to 2 days with melio

Kyle from Lynk Group of Companies

Good; need international payments

Pros

It is very convenient to use and the QB integration is a huge plus. I use this for Domestic transactions.

Cons

I really hope you make INTERNATIONAL payments possible really soon. I do business with vendors in China, Argentina, Bolivia, Philippines and I hope to use Melio's services to pay my vendors.

Pamela from Spotless Tile & Grout LLC

Best Option Out There Using Credit Card to Pay Bills

The ability to use cards to pay certain bills.

Pros

It is often hard to use a credit card to pay your bills. This allows you to use either a credit card, for a small fee, or a debit card for free. You really can't beat that with a stick. It's great for paying things like Building Rent that needs a check or any other bill that does not accept cards at all.

Cons

It is pretty straight forward and easy. My payments go out fast and I never have a problem

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to leave us an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's card payment options useful and our service to be smooth. All the best, Team Melio

Craig from Accounting for Your Business LLC

Melio for Bill-Pay is Great

Not too sure at first but once we got everything set up, it works great.

Pros

Everything for paying bills is taken care of by Melio. We linked Melio to QuickBooks Online and all our bills uploaded and in one place waiting for us to release for payment. Hoping to use the getting-paid ACH feature soon.

Cons

Onboarding was not as easy or clear as it could be - took some time but eventually got there

Reasons for Choosing Melio

Again, because it integrated with QBO and saved a lot of time

Reasons for Switching to Melio

Melio integrates with Quickbooks Online, KeyBank did not and therefore using Melio is a huge time saver.

Response from Melio

Replied January 2021

Hi Craig, thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review. We are glad to hear you are all set up and that Melio has been able to save you and your clients valuable time. All the best, Team Melio

Joanne from Lohxa, LLC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Bill Pay Service

Pros

Melio is very easy to use. I love that you can upload the invoice and it preloads most of the necessary fields to process payments. Everything transfers over to our quickbooks accounts. The option to pay with our credit card is very convenient.

Cons

We are a pharmaceutical company and unfortunately cannot pay for our pharmaceuticals through Melio due to some compliance issues.

Warith from FTC Publications Inc

Great Idea! - poorly implemented, at least by Melio

Horrific customer support. Replies take hours. They are extremely slow, inexperienced and have no customer support interest. You are truly own your own with the platform and service. Melio also has no phone number, and eventually will stop responding.

Pros

Excellent way to pay contractors and check-only vendors with credit card

Cons

The system has many flaws, their credit card authorization platform confuses the Company address and the credit card billing address resulting in AVS mismatches when authorizing. Only work around is to change company address and card billing address to match. Melio refuses to acknowledge this issue. Also Melio's system does not have real-time CC authorization, it takes several hours.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

We RAN back to Plastiq and also standard Bank ACH until more competitors enter the field. I doubt Melio will last 2 years.

Raphael from Morreale Services, L.L.C.

Melio Professional Review

Melio helped me to liquidate cash so that I could invest in a higher ROI investment. The process was simple and I am very satisfied with their service.

Pros

I love the low fees and the promotions for liquidating cash from credit cards.

Cons

Not much of a downside to the service here. It is pretty straightforward.

Gary from Lawn Chair USA

Industry: Furniture

What an awesome software!

This software is easy to use and I use it nearly every day.

Pros

Free to send checks! Easy to use! Syncs with my accounting software. Remembers my vendors.

Cons

Not being able to add bills in batches. Not being able to email in bills.

Cost and ease of use

Lynne from All Five

Garbage

The chap I have been dealing with on the helpdesk has been lovely but his hands are tied. This mess is all the compliance area. What a disaster.

Pros

I originally liked it because our customers could choose to pay by their bank account with no fees. We are a preschool serving a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds and being able to pay online made it easy for our families to pay their tuition fees without incurring extra costs.....BUT

Cons

We trialed it, then used it with a couple of parents and it worked well....FOR 1 MONTH!! Now they can't (won't) verify us as a company! It appears that they don't have the systems that make this an automated transaction platform. Real people at their company are deciding each month what they will allow and not allow - how bizarre is that!

Reasons for Switching to Melio

Thought these guys were go-getters. Even did a zoom call with their dev team to talk through upgrades coming etc. What a shame they have gone live without all their "ducks in a row"!

Response from Melio

Replied November 2020

Hi Lynne, we are sorry you feel this way. Without getting into the specifics of your case, Melio is a business-to-business payment tool, allowing small business owners to make payments to other businesses online. For compliance reasons, we cannot approve transactions in which one or more of the parties is not a business. We would be happy to discuss the details via a separate channel and you are welcome to contact our support team at any time. All the best, Team Melio.

Dante from The Natural Wine Shoppe

Industry: Wine and Spirits

A great service overall

Pros

Straight to the point - it simply and effectively works.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues so far. No complaints!

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Dante, thank you for posting such a great review. Glad to hear you have had no issues with us :-) All the best, Team Melio

Terrance from Mudd Construction LLC

Nightmare experience followed by horrible support - run away fast

Like having your business murdered.

Pros

It doesnt have any pros compared to the damage it caused us

Cons

It made us a victim of fraud and their support team is even more inadequate than quickbooks online support.

Reasons for Choosing Melio

We were swindled by quickbooks to sign up for quickbooks cash and they didnt disclose in any obvious terms how many third parties like melio are involved.

Allen from Crossroads Church

Great Solution for Payments

Pros

We primarily use Melio to pay vendors that we can't pay online. It works great for that purpose! Simply enter the invoice, go through the steps of setting up the payment, and it processes the payment without me having to print, stamp, and mail checks.

Cons

I wish that it would sync the address info with Quickbooks. We have to enter it in both places currently.

MaDonna from BSW

Horrible Customer Service

Very poor responses from Customer Service. They have held my client's money captive for two weeks while they investigate. A check was marked as deposited and it was a different check completely. Different vendor and $ amount. It wasn't even a check for my client's vendor! It takes 2 days to get a response when I have to follow up. Overall, they suck.

Pros

Easy to use if you are only ACH'ing money.

Cons

Checks are lost, sent twice, logged as deposited when not.

Response from Melio

Replied February 2021

Hi MaDonna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we can confirm that the issue has been addressed and we are sending you a refund. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: support@meliopayments.com. Sincerely, Team Melio

A Fly By Night Waste of Time

Huge Waste of Time!

Pros

None. Could not get the service to accept payments.

Cons

After providing numerous links to clients on our new option to accept Credit Cards and ACH Debits, we ran into a wall with Melio rejecting our payments due to their inability to verify our account. They then do not respond to their support emails their compliance emails nor do they accept any kind of calls. After frustrating a vast array of my clients I decided to move on and cut my losses with these scammers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with these guys!

Reasons for Choosing Melio

Free, but not really when you consider they are just wasting everyone's time.

Eric from Freelancer

The best and last payment software I will ever use

Super easy to get paid as a freelancer and my clients love the options.

Pros

It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer

Cons

No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.

Nicole from Aview Equities

Great overall but could use some improvements

I've had some slow responses in the past when transactions haven't gone through smoothly but overall I've been happy with their customer service and their service.

Pros

It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.

Cons

I don't like that the fees get lumped into one big payment. I would prefer separate bills for each transaction fee. I would also like to have the option to see when a check was deposited by the vendor (and see a copy of the check) instead of having to reach out to customer service each time.

Because Plastiq doesn't take American Express

Nate from Sweet Creek Construction, Inc.

Needs met

Pros

This fills the needs for us to manage our business when we're on the road.

Cons

Haven't had any real issues with the software.

Svilena from Organic Eats for Kids

Industry: Food Production

We love Melio

As a small business owner my time is limited and I love that Melio feels like my partner!

Pros

I usually pay vendors with Melio and it is so easy to plan ahead!

Cons

I can’t think of anything. I really like your service!

Response from Melio

Replied December 2020

Hi Svilena, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review. We appreciate your business and our partnership and are so happy to learn we have made your life as a small business owner easier - it's what we're here for! All the best, Team Melio

Simple & Efficient

Simple & Efficient - I cannot believe that it took that long for someone to create such a service. Very happy user and will be recommending to my other friends running small businesses.

Pros

The app was intuitive and did not require multiple layers of registration which is annoying when dealing with financial related entities

Cons

I wish that the 2.9% was cheaper. Looking for possibilities also to pay vendors who are not located in the USA.

Adrienne from Lewis & People LLC

Not on time

If Melio does not deliver your payments on time I don’t see how it will benefit companies.

Pros

Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.

Cons

No matter the date you choose they are late processing and will make you late on due dates.

Daniel from Revolt Studios LLC

Industry: Photography

Makes paying vendors and suppliers so easy!!!

Great, simply great!!!

Pros

Very easy to use user interface, was able to log right in and immediately start setting up payments. Love the options of ACH and check payments, options in my line of business are always a plus!

Cons

I would like to see our business logo on the checks, branding is important to us at all service levels.