Melio

Melio Reviews

RATING:

• icon"This software is amazing and I like it because is user-friendly, quick and absolutely efficient."
  • icon"It is a direct solution and no ambiguity. The support was fantastic and has helped when needed it, and that was user error, not the platform."
  • icon"It was easy to use from Quickbooks and seemed like a good solution."
  • icon"I have had multiple support chats with them, where they send me the same message and now have started cutting me off / disabling the chat right after they send it."
  • icon"Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly."
  • icon"It made us a victim of fraud and their support team is even more inadequate than quickbooks online support."

All Melio Reviews

Lesley

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

September 2022

Small business friendly

Devin

Industry: Wholesale

November 2022

Simple and Intuitive for our growing business

They have been great to work with and support is super responsive

Pros

One thing I like about Melio is a newly released feature that allows us to pay multiple invoices to one vendor by one payment. We often had to create individual payments to each vendor separately so now we can combine into one payment makes everyone's life easier.

Cons

We had issues of the preferred payment method of payment to vendors change without us making the change but that seems to be a resolved issue.

Cost

Response from Melio

Hi Devin, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and are enjoying the features we offer. Best, Team Melio

Jamie

November 2022

Melio is the best and works seamlessly with QBO

There were a few kinks at first but most of them have been worked out, the customer service is great. I have enjoyed working with them to fix issues or work out bugs. The ease of the app and ability of the integration with QBO is unprecedented and has seriously saved me hundreds of hours for each client that I handle bookkeeping for. I love how quick and easy it is, and it's all in one platform, incoming, outgoing and history. I love everything about Melio.

Pros

The fact that it is free for ACH and has the integration with QBO. It has become my go to for my clients and bill paying and payment processing. I can track all of there A/R and A/P and submit payments or receive payments with a click of a button, makes it so easy and simple. I recommend to my clients and I use it myself almost daily. I love how it gives you options, you pay the fee or your customer does, they make the call on how they want to be paid via check or ACH. It just makes sense.

Cons

The fact that the ACH option still takes sometimes 3, 5 or even 7 days to receive does put a strain on cash flow for some clients. The processing of checks also seems to take a really long time, sometimes I will get a bill in and go immediately to setup payment and it states the received date would still be after the due date which makes it frustrating at times. I appreciate the 2 checks a month for free before charging and realize it can't all be free, but it was nice when it was free. I also wish they had more business to person options, not just B2B. This would be super valuable for Non-profits to save on processing fees as well as some MLM businesses.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Because of the ease of use and the automatic integration that saves so much time with data entry. The recurring payment setup is the best.

Response from Melio

Hi Jaime, thank you for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Kristen

November 2022

I wish I could give a better review

The software has developed a lot of bugs and customer support is severely lacking. I contacted support a month ago because I get an error message EVERY time I try to process a bill payment. If I log directly into Melio I can see that sometimes it has in fact gone through. Sometimes it does not and I have to initiate the payment directly from Melio. I manually mark the bill as paid in QBO and at some point the bill payment syncs so it looks like I have overpaid every invoice I process via Melio. I then have to go through each and figure out which payment is the correct one to remove from QBO. For smaller issues, I usually figure out a workaround before I ever hear back from support.

Pros

I like that is used to sync with Quickbooks

Cost

Response from Melio

Hi Kristen, we take issues with our user experience very seriously so please know our support team has escalated your concerns to our technical team and we're actively working on a resolution. Our support team can always be reached via live chat 9am- 8pm EST, Monday-Friday and please know we are here to assist you. We will be in touch soon. Best, Team Melio

Milena

Love it so far

Great! I am very happy with all features Melio provides and will recommend it to anyone who needs a payment processing system.

Pros

I love Melio. It is very easy to use, and really convenient. I am able to provide more services while spending less time per client. Thank you!

Cons

I had a problem with a Wire transfer once, I haven't tried it again to know if the issue was fixed. Will update when I use it again.

Pricing and a client

Reasons for switching to Melio

Bill.com was much more expensive and provides almost the same features.

Response from Melio

Hi Milena, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Vic

Melio pays

I rely on it to pay and get paid.

Pros

It's effortless to set up. More importantly it's easy for my clients to accept and adopt the software into their business.

Cons

Web interface a bit clunky for desktop users.

Reasons for choosing Melio

Price mostly but clients seem to like it better than bill.com.

Price.

Response from Melio

Hi Vic, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Marialuisa

Great for Saving Money on Credit Card and ACH Charges

Very easy to use.

Pros

I love that there is no cost for sending my invoices and having the customer absorb the cost of credit card fees or ACH fees.

Cons

It's pretty limited and it had an issue once that I canceled a scheduled recurring payment but it continued to send payment to a vendor for months before I noticed. It did send notices via email, however so that is one me. The reason I didn't notice was because the payments were so close together, I thought the notices were the same payment. So when I got both notices, I didn't realize it was two separate payments.

Reasons for switching to Melio

So credit card fees could be automatically added rather than me having to charge the admin fee myself.

Response from Melio

Hi Marialuisa, we're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Thank you for sharing this review with us and the community! Best, Team Melio

carmen

Industry: Restaurants

November 2022

Melio softare is just great!

We have to process many payments per day and with Melio I was able to upload and pay our invoices timely and quickly

Pros

Cons

There are no cons for me! This software is absolutely adequate for our business

Reasons for choosing Melio

Because it was very intuitive and the client support very responsive

Response from Melio

Hi Carmen, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Lisa

November 2022

Best way to pay vendors- bar none

Easy to implement, and support is great!

Pros

The full integration with in QuickBooks online makes this an easy choice for streamlined and efficient processes.

Cons

It is difficult to know exactly when a vendor will receive a payment. Should be two days but sometimes has been five days. Especially in the beginning of using the software.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Other AP process was clunky. And did not apply credits properly.

Response from Melio

Hi Lisa, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

February 2022

When it works, it's great

Even though it is (mostly) free of charge to use, I have lost confidence that payments will be made as scheduled. The need to keep monitoring Melio and our bank accounts means that I am now investigating other options, even if I have to pay for them.

Pros

I wanted a way of paying my vendors by ACH. I wanted to be the one that solicited their bank details - not have the payment company dis-intermediate me. There were some bonus features: if a vendor doesn't want to be paid by ACH, I can still use Melio to pay them by check; They claimed to support international payments; I can set up multiple companies of mine on one account and have the staff of each company only access the relevant one. It's tough to argue with free.

Cons

There are some vendors that need paying every month, but the amount changes from month to month: Melio's recurring payments only works if the amount is constant, so you have to set up a payment from scratch each time. However the biggest issue is with payments that do not go through even after receiving notification that they are scheduled.....on several occasions, I have had to bring 'stuck' payments to Melio's attention. Operations typically blames it on Compliance and says they can't do anything.

Reasons for choosing Melio

It met my core needs and it was free

Response from Melio

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback. We are happy to hear that Melio's ability to send payments to vendors by both ACH and paper check has been of use to you. We appreciate the feedback regarding the ability to have recurring payments be of different amounts, and would be happy to pass that along to our product team. Regarding payments that are declined by Compliance or fail to deliver to the vendor for various reasons, Melio users are sent an email notifying them of the payment failure as well as the reasoning. In order to resolve, the user must reach out to our Support team directly. If the failure reason is due to Compliance, our Support team will provide the Compliance team's contact information or escalate the issue to them. We hope this clears things up for any future issues you may run into. Thanks again for your honest feedback! All the best, Team Melio

Replied February 2022

Brent

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Melio is the easiest software to use

Pros

I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

Cons

It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Faster payout time went from 7 with stripe not counting weekends to 2 days with melio

Industry: Photography

October 2022

Atrocious Customer Service

Very poor experience

Pros

Appears simple to use and straightforward. Easy to setup.

Cons

On the surface, it seems like a great software to easily accept payment by CC from clients however its riddled with issues and poor customer service.

Jason

A Cut to the Chase Solution

Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Pros

Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

Cons

I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

Response from Melio

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams. All the best, Team Melio

Replied December 2020

Melissa

March 2022

Melio helps me get my vendors paid easily and on-time FOR FREE!

Pros

Melio integrates VERY WELL with QBO. I'm able to set up vendor bills/payments with a simple approval workflow quickly and easily. My vendors can choose how they are paid (paper check or direct deposit) and I can choose how to pay them (bank account or credit card). Paying with a bank account is FREE!

Cons

I'm finding that my vendor addresses don't carry over from QBO to Melio, so the first time I pay a vendor in Melio I have to type in the vendor address in Melio, even though it's already set up in QBO. It's a minor inconvenience that I'm hopeful Melio will fix. (Their customer support is great!)

Bill.com is SO EXPENSIVE

Reasons for switching to Melio

We switched to Melio because we wanted a cost-effective way to pay vendors without printing paper checks in the office.

Danie

April 2022

Melio is fantastic for bill pay, OK for receivables

Pros

Melio is super easy to set up and use. The integration is fast and simple, and works reliably. Being able to enter bills in QBO and have them in Melio, and if appropriate set up payments too so all the client has to do is approve them has been game changing for payables management and cash flow forecasting, especially for our distributed, international clients.

Cons

Melio is missing a few features. It really needs to require a W9 for certain vendors before it allows payment. It's also frustrating that it can't take pre-payments/retainers. We have clients that really need that, and other clients whose customers payments fail too often because they misunderstood that question and answered incorrectly. Overall, the A/P side is much stronger than the A/R side.

Reasons for choosing Melio

Faster set up, better interface/UX, very bad experience with Bill.com previously.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Faster, online, full details of what the transactions were. Approval processes that can be done between people in different geographical locations.

Ryan Rey