All Mint Reviews

Giau

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A very efficient personal finance management tool to track spendings, create budgets, and more

Mint is a popular and reputable personal finance management tool that is a great resource for us to understand better and manage our finances.

PROS

User-friendly interface: Mint has a clean and easy-to-use interface that makes navigating and understanding our financial information simple.Automatic account updates: Mint automatically updates our financial information, so we always have the most current information at our fingertips.Budgeting tools: Mint has various tools that help us better understand our spending habits and create a budget that works for us.Budget tracking: Mint allows us to connect our bank and credit card accounts to the platform, automatically categorizing transactions into different spending categories (e.g., groceries, entertainment, transportation). We can then set budget goals for each category and track our spending over time to see where they are over or under budget.Bill reminders: Mint reminds us when bills are due so that we can avoid late fees.Investment tracking: Mint allows us to track investments such as stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.Mobile app: Mint has a mobile app that allows us to access our financial information on the go.

CONS

Limited investment tracking: Mint does not offer as much investment tracking as other personal finance management tools, but not to the extent that it becomes a huge downside.

Aaron

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Mint is a decent financial management solution, albeit limited in scope with questionable privacy

PROS

Mint is relatively easy to setup and allows you to link a broad category of accounts including: bank accounts, credit cards accounts, utilities (such as gas and electric), internet, and even investment accounts. In addition, Mint supports a broad number of companies within each category such as Wells Fargo, Chase, Xcel Energy, Xfinity and Robinhood. Mint provides a fairly robust set of tools to manage your finances and set budgets. You can create categories for your purchases, and Mint will attempt to automatically assign your purchases to a specific category. Perhaps one of Mint's best aspects, it is completely free.

CONS

It is not unusual for linked accounts to suddenly become unlinked, and while Mint is supposed to notify when that happens, it often does not. To relink an account you must go into the Mint app, go into the account settings, and manually relink each affected account. While the process is not difficult, when an account becomes unlinked you no longer get notifications when say a credit card bill is due. The security and privacy of Mint has been brought into question by many sources, since linking accounts gives Mint nearly full access to those accounts. I personally have never had an issue, but it is something to consider. The overall Mint interface can be rather clunky and difficult to navigate.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Okay but not great budget app

A cost effective choice to track expenses but I hope the interface would be more minimal. Too many suggestions. If the pending transactions could be more up to date, that would be fantastic.

PROS

I like their self-explanatory and compartmentalized features. Personally I don't think saving accounts should be counted as Cash, which is more like Emergency Fund. But since I don't have much savings anyway, it doesn't matter much.

CONS

Never update pending transactions. It used to grey out pending ones. Users can see but are unable to edit. Too many ads

Eric

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Unbelievable!

The best way by far to track your finances and budget.

PROS

Mint is a great way to track all your personal finances, the mobile interface is great and it is easy to link all your accounts.

CONS

Nothing bad to say here, at points it was hard to link certain accounts and they would not refresh, but those issues have for the most part been resolved.

Marsi

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2017

My favorite App, easy to use , and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends notification for the due date ,list of due bills, love it.

PROS

Easy to use and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends notification for the due date ,list of due bills, love it.

CONS

Too easy , need to add more figures and reports and has issues with the connectivity some times . It has to have to option to connect with a tax program.

Kalyn

Reviewed November 2016

Perfect for a first time budgeter

My husband got me hooked on mint! The idea of budgeting was intimidating before, but with mint's ease and organization, I'm addicted! I love the program. I love that I can create new budgets, split purchases between budgets, and create budgets that roll over between months.

PROS

Splitting purchases between budgets is a huge advantage! SO easy to set up and to get all your transactions in one place.

CONS

I wish the budgets I wasn't using (for example "restaurants" instead we have a "eating-out/fun" budget) didn't have to show up all the time if I wasn't using them. I also wish you could have multiple logins for one mint account.

Christina

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Double Mint

Mint has allowed me to keep up to date with payments, it breaks down all the places I tend to spend money and allows me to better allocate for future months so I can see my purchase trends and address them.

PROS

The ability to budget monthly and monitor my credit score as well as account balances is top tier. The interface is also incredibly intuitive and user-friendly.

CONS

No cons thus far to report. There isn't an overabundance of advertisements or things pay-walled that would cause issues for most users.

Caitlyn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Needed budget tool

PROS

Our agency has utilized this budgeting app as we are a non-profit and funds can be limited. It's critical for our agency to be on top of our spending and where our money is going to. Mint makes it easy for us by laying out our monthly budget and also helping us track purchases.

CONS

Our agency has not found anything we dislike other than our cards sometimes becoming unlinked and we have to relink them which is simple.

Lamar

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2016

Minty Fresh App

As a business guy I knew where my money was coming from and where it was going as it relates to my business. However, in my personal finances I did not have a clue about either of these. I did not know how much I was making (I had a general idea) nor did I know how much I was spending on what. Finding out about and using Mint changed all of that.

PROS

Easy to use, works on my smart phone, keeps track of all my personal finances, emails me with alerts and updates, makes suggestions as to how to improve my saving and spending and keeps an eye on my credit card.

CONS

It's free so I have to deal with ads. It sometimes kicks me out of my online banking and finance sites due to too many log in attempts.

Chinsea

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Best quality, low cost service around

PROS

It's very easy to use and refill your service.. It really has user friendly features features, very easy to figure out on your own.

CONS

I have no bad comments, I am very pleased with this service and I was very skeptical at first.

Joshua

Commercial Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Intuitive Interface and Simple Synchronization Outshine Competition

This finance-tracking software is the best that I have come across since it allows me to easily establish goals and keep track of all of my finances.

PROS

For years, I've used Mint and its been so helpful to me. I check it every day, and it has been quite helpful in keeping all of my funds organized, especially with keeping track of multiple streams of income. Mint's interface is really simple to use and straightforward. All of my information is centralized and very simple to see and read. Also, the program's affordability is just unbeatable. Their ad-supported version is free, while their ad-free version is just $1 per month. Connecting several bank accounts, loans, etc. has always been fairly simple. Custom transaction types and tags are simple to add, allowing you to search and filter according to any criteria you choose.

CONS

Sometimes Mint is unable to distinguish between distinct transactions, which makes for incorrect budgeting results if I don't keep a careful eye on the details. If possible, this could stand to be cleaned up, but the app is still useful for doing most of the heavy lifting.

Reasons for switching to Mint

I tried a few different options in the past including Every Dollar and YNAB. There's really not even a comparison. Both of these and other lesser known programs are clunky and not easy to follow.

Budgeting Done Right

Overall Mint is my go-to source for making sure there are no irregularities in my budget and that I am spending wisely. Due to my large amount of money accounts, I couldn't trust any other company to continually track my money.

PROS

For those who have many credit & checking accounts across a wide variety of banks, Mint is one of the best solutions out there to easily track your spending. It lets you link an unlimited number of accounts, so if you are like me and have many credit and checking accounts you can make sure you will be able to easily stay up to date on all your transactions. It also sorts all purchases by store so that you can easily search for them later.

CONS

I do not like that Mint doesn't let you delete transactions as this can cause miscalculations within your budget, especially if you are using a credit card and checking account it will show the money was taken out two times because it includes the charge and the payment. This can cause the numbers to not properly be balanced.

Ryan

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Finances at your fingertips

I've had great success creating budgets and tracking down different transactions using the Mint interface. It is really helpful.

PROS

Mint is a great way to keep your finances organized. You can import information from all of your credit card accounts, bank accounts, mortgage, IRAs, 401k, etc. This allows you to see your entire financial situation in one place.

CONS

Although they are constantly working to improve the synchronization process with different financial institutions, it can still be a little bit of a nuisance to keep your data synchronized.

Reviewed July 2021

Mint for budgeting

Mint has been a good platform to keep track of our accounting.

PROS

Mint does a great job in tracking the expenses I make across several different account. It gives a good overview of my financial status. It helps to make budgets and adjust my expenses to cash-inflow. I can also check credit score.

CONS

Of late, they try a lot to push in credit card and other financial product offers on the platform, this can be distracting for an user who primarily uses the platform for accounting.

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Easily track day-day-day credits and debits of all accounts.

PROS

Mint is a phenomenal program to help me keep track of every penny (pretty much) that is going in and out of my various accounts daily. Additionally, I can track bills and get suggestions. I'm an avid user and for good reason.

CONS

It sometimes cannot connect to certain accounts and as a read-only platform, it's not intended for robust transacting.

Olivia

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Perfect for personal budget

PROS

I like that my husband and I both can see where we're at with our budget at any given point, and easily adjust each category depending on what we have coming up that we might need to save for. That helps me plan what hours I'm working as well.

CONS

It seems to disconnect pretty frequently from syncing with my bank account, but I'm not sure if it's a security feature.

Zephyr

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Effortless way to monitor finances

I use Mint to keep track of my personal finances. It's easy to use and has a lot of great features. It's also completely free! It's a great option for people just getting into personal finance.

PROS

Mint is a simple yet very thorough app. You can add multiple bank accounts, and credit cards so that you have all your accounts in one place. I really like how Mint categorizes purchases and keeps track of your spending history for you and lays it out in an easy-to-read graph. I also like how educational the app is. Mint offers a lot of information regarding credit cards and investment options specifically for you.

CONS

Sometimes the app will close out randomly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it continues to do it occasionally. Other than that minor glitch I haven't experienced any problems with Mint.

Reviewed January 2018

Aggregates all your banking information

PROS

Mint took over another app I was using to track bills. Now that Bills and accounts are located within the same app it is easier than ever. While Mint is free you will get ads directed towards you, however once in a while they are actually relevant to what I need. Easily navigated passed. Integrates with most accounts.

CONS

Mint sometimes will struggle connecting to an account based on security questions. I have about 25 accounts hooked up and it fails on 2-3 on a monthly basis. Typically you click it and reconnect and are fine, but frustrating when it doesn't update the correct budget information.

Jacob

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The Missing Puzzle Piece For Financial Management

I have been using Mint for years, and recommend it to anyone who wants a more convenient at-a-glance view of their financial transaction data.

PROS

Mint is useful for aggregating transactions and account information from multiple banks or card companies. I have yet to find a similar app that matches Mint's straightforward approach.

CONS

Mint always tries to nudge you to apply for a new financial service (like a new credit card or loan). I realize this is their business model, to use what they know about you to serve targeted ads, but it can become a nuisance.

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Mint integrates well with Intuit's ecosystem

I will continue to use Mint as an alternative to cost-based options. It does everything I need with no cost. Pretty amazing, actually.

PROS

Super easy to use and very intuitive. It integrates all my personal finance accounts in one place, permitted me to take regular snapshots of my financial picture.

CONS

It takes several minutes to update the accounts once the web-based UI is invoked. I would think this could be done ahead of time instead of based on a user's clicks.

Reasons for switching to Mint