All Minute7 Reviews

Reviewed September 2019

A Good, Basic Time Management Tool

It has been a positive experience. The product is stable and the developers respond quickly to questions and concerns.

PROS

Its simplicity means that you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching people how to use the product. If you need to track by account and task this product will fit the bill nicely. The product integrates with QuickBooks so that jobs and time can be exchanged.

CONS

Since it is web-based, you have to be mindful of the fact that data can get stale. You need to train our users to refresh the page before entering new time entries so that they have the latest state of the system.

Scott

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Perfect solution

Simple to install, use, and maintain. Well worth the cost and much more.

PROS

Minute7 is a game changer. It streamInes invoice preparation, provides every detail available about our employee work on client accounts, and delivers instant reports for tax payments by jurisdiction. Minute7 absolutely pays for itself. We save much more money using it when compared to the low price of this fabulous product.

CONS

The initial mobile app had many bugs, but later upgrades vastly improved it.

Reason for choosing Minute7

Tracking QuickBooks’ classes was a key feature found in Minute7, not available in other low cost time tracking solutions.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

Minute7 offered immediate data import at the end of each reporting period without having to request individual file submissions by employee.

Scott

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

I am a daily user of Minute 7 for the past two years.

The ability to keep track of daily tasks.

PROS

Minute 7 is fairly intuitive and simple to use. Logging in to the software is super easy from your desktop or mobile device. Once you are in, the time card is intuitive and east to use. Navigating from one week to the next is also a simple task.

CONS

The entire top portion of the time card needs to be locked into place (freeze pane) so you can see the headers all the time. This would be especially helpful when you have a lot of entries for the week or if you were an administrator and were reviewing time for the entire company.

Kerry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Excellent tool! Great price!

I love this product and will continue to use it!

PROS

I love being able to put in my billable and non-billable time for projects. It is easy and straightforward. I chose this product because it easily syncs with Quickbooks!

CONS

One of the main issues I have is with the projects listed. As the administrator all the projects show up on my timesheet. I would like to limit what I see - just like I can limit what the users see. I would also like to not show in the project list those that are completed and marked complete in QBO.

Reason for choosing Minute7

Ease of use, cost, and ability to easily sync with QBO.

Lisa

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Minute7

We had to find a system that was compatible with Quickbooks because when we upgraded our OS, the free QB timer went away. Minute7 was the most affordable and straightforward product we could find on the market.

PROS

User friendly and fairly intuitive, affordable

CONS

Having to change my entries from ready to sync to pending every time. I prefer my entries to be pending until I do a final review for approval.

Reason for choosing Minute7

TSheets was very expensive and more than what our small business needed.

Taylor

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great way to track time & expenses

Amazing customer service, amazing product - highly recommend.

PROS

This software is easy to use and user friendly. It is a very inexpensive way to track both time and expenses while having reporting available to continue tracking these things. Users are easy to set up, and once they get the hang of it easy to use.

CONS

Since this is an American product, taxes are not accounted for in the expenses. Some employees found it tricky to use or have had login problems. Thankfully, support is top notch so any issues can be addressed almost immediately!

Reason for choosing Minute7

Cost and ability to do both expenses and timesheets

Clarisa

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

My Minute 7 Experience

I use minute 7 to run reports and integrate into our invoicing system.

PROS

I like that hours can be sent for approval. I also like that you can limit the projects per each employee. It helps make running reports that much easier.

CONS

My least favorite part of the software is the integration around bill rates and employee names when setting up invoices. Another problem is that some projects have sub projects so sometimes the hours will sync into the wrong one. This becomes a problem because my superior is the only one that is able to go in and change hours. He is busy so does not have the time to go in when I need so it causes a delay in invoicing.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

We were looking for a system that allowed us the ability to approve hours.

Design, 1 employee

Pretty seamless with QuickBooks

PROS

Minute 7 is an excellent timesheet program that works very well with Quick Books. The program is easy to use and intuitive. I am able to access the program online so it will work through any smart device: phone, smart pad or computer. This makes keeping up with my time much more accessible.

CONS

I really don’t have a negative about this program. Good job!

Reason for choosing Minute7

Price and simplicity of the product.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

My format of QuickBooks changed from desktop version to an online version. Time Tracker did not support the online version.

William

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Excellent for the price but with a few warts

PROS

Installs easily and mostly synchs well with Quickbooks. The timer and time keeping functions are generally great.

CONS

It worked great for two months, then stopped synching my billing rates from the Quickbooks client profiles. It keeps the time but is now unable to transfer the rate. There is a workaround but it is a clunky fix. Despite several contacts with customer service they are unable to fix it and appear to have given up.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

I wanted better time keeping functionality that would synch with Quickbooks.

My Review

PROS

Tracking time per client so that management can properly bill

CONS

When a client is synced you can't edit so therefore you have to add additional lines for the same client

Allen

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Minute7 - The lowest cost solution for time tracking integration with QuickBooks Desktop

Great product and company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] does a great job getting back to me quickly Had only a coupe of problems and they have been very responsive both times, and are quick to assist.

PROS

The integration with QuickBooks Desktop is perfect for our needs. This was the most critical feature we were looking for, followed by cost.

CONS

There is no way to set project budgets for fixed fee projects. For example, we bill hourly in most cases, however we also often work n fixed fee projects. There is no way to set up a project (or subproject) with a budget that allows the user to see how much time (or money) has been put into the project already. If they had this transparency of not only their time, but the time that others billed to a job, it would help avoid cost overruns and allow for more seamless change orders to clients before the budget is blown.

price

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Attorney User Review

PROS

Search capability makes it easy to bill to numerous files worked on during the day.

CONS

The lack of autofill for certain entries that I make every day, such as "review and revision,' or "conference with," etc. Prior software I used could be customized so that typing "rr" and a space would autofill "review and revision of," and typing "tcw" and a space would autofill "telephone conference with." This feature would reduce the amount of time consumed by typing frequently used phrases.

I changed firms.

Pam

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Great for keeping track

Have had maybe one problem in using for several years, and that was likely not the software's fault. Easy to sign in, edit.

PROS

Software is very easy to learn and use; simple, but does what you want and need.

CONS

My only complaint is I don't know how to print a quick and easy daily summary report .. I like to have a printed copy to check off when I have to verify my weekly timesheets later in the month. I just do a print screen, but it cuts off some items when there are a lot. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it also is a pain to have it continually open on my browser and then I often accidentally close it when I'm closing another search window, just out of habit.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

A User's Review

Not my place to address the "bigger" business issues, but it does allow for easy tracking of time project-by-project. It's simple to use, especially for basic time-keeping/tracking. It does appear to have a number of features to enable very granular tracking of time - though our business needs don't really require their use.

PROS

- Easy to use. - Can do entries day-by-day or for a week - Spell-checking built-in - Built-in timer (though my role doesn't require its use)

CONS

- Unable to make changes once an entry is synced - requires the system admin to do it - overall tally/running totals look strange if an entry is updated - esp. if the change is to the date

Gary

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Good tool for small business, additional features would be nice

PROS

I like that the software is easily accessible for all of our employees and that it allows for reasonably easy time entry. The ability to calculate mileage with a customizable mileage rate is also a nice feature.

CONS

I preferred the reports that were available in the previous version. I liked when I could run a quick report and view the results on screen; now the only results onscreen are aggregated totals and any detail must be viewed in a downloaded report. I miss being able to get a very quick update on project progress.

Sunita

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great Experience with Minute7,..so far!! :)

PROS

Minute7 is user friendly, easy to navigate and love the reminder feature, it's great! With our busy schedule, we tend to forget entering the number of hour/s we worked but thanks to the Minute7 reminder feature, I receive an email dot 7AM Eastern saying, 'don't forget to enter your hours for yesterday',..so overall a pretty cool tool to login your hours.

CONS

To be honest, I have no complaints and whenever I've had any issue, the customer service is pretty prompt, resolved my issue in no time.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Minute7 Time and Billing Tracking

It's done everything that we wanted it to do: tracks billable employee time and expenses and pulls them into a client invoice in QuickBooks. We're now able to prepare annual reports of the amount of time we're spending on each client's engagement and adjust fees accordingly.

PROS

Easy to capture and track billable time, integrates well with both QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions, effortless syncing between applications, solid reporting.

CONS

Would like to be able to undock the timer from the browser page and move to a corner of the screen.

Kelsey

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Minute7 Review

It can sometimes be difficult to ensure that time is entered correctly when you have access to other employees time. I would like more keyboard shortcuts for entering time.

PROS

I like the ability to pull reports, although it isn't very user friendly.

CONS

High memory requirements. Reports are more difficult to use than previous versions. Easier to make mistakes when it comes to entering time versus viewing all employee entries. Unable to use phone app (log in credentials do not work for some reason).

Marissa