• Pros

• "It is super simple and easy to work with. There aren't a lot of screens to toggle thorough. Once you've built your first year the 2nd year is as simple as a copy. Its such a time saver. "

• "It's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system. "

• "I find it easy to navigate and I am not a tech savvy person."

• Cons

• "I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines. Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet. "

• "I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it."

• "Nothing! It’s been great so far! No complaints "

Browse MoneyMinder Reviews

Jennifer from Mt View Elementary

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting. The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

Pros

I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

Cons

A search by word function would be helpful.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you. Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Shirley from Woodbrook Elementary PTO

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Pros

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Cons

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Joy from CJHPTSA

Value to Valur

I definitely appreciate the fact the system stores the information off site. The fact that that those that we allow to have access to the money tracker can look into the accounts but are unable to make changes. Forms are easily available for the treasurer report and daily needs.

Pros

The to which set up Vendors. Transaction reports are easily available. Reconciliation of multiple accounts.

Cons

Didn’t have the ability to search by dollar amounts.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied September 2019

Hi Joy! Did you know you could search by dollar amounts by using your browser's built-in search function? Just a tip.

Aimee from Laurel Ridge Elementary PTA

Excellent product and Excellent Customer Service

The customer service team is PHENOMENAL. Anytime I have a question, they respond very quickly and are super helpful.

Pros

This system is great in that it combine expenses and revenue on the same line item, which is way easy than Quickbooks. Also the ability to download transactions directly from PayPal is life changing for me.

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to figure out what reports to run.

Thomas from Tower Hill Condominiums

Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have. I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going. Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well. They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

Seemed perfect for a small operation. Easy to use. Great Support. No software to buy. Continuously improving software. Ease of adding other Admin for over site. Many Reports. Great Layout. Willingness to accept your ideas to upgrade software. Great great pricing.

Christina from BES PTA

Fantastic for volunteers

Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

Pros

The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Cons

Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful. It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Tammy from Hide-A-Way Bay Community Living Inc.

MoneyMinder Saved the day!

Overall this has been extremity helpful in organizing our finances and keeping up with the homes that have been sold in our community.

Pros

I really like the fact that this is very easy to use. If you do not have an accounting background you can still operate within the software with limited knowledge.

Cons

The totally separate fiscal years is very limiting in some aspects. I would like to be able to print all details for the prior year for those contacts that have not paid their bill.

Ease of use and cost.

Kori from Bella Vista Middle School PTSA

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

Jennifer from Armel Elementary School PTO

Easy to use for Non-profit PTO

Pros

Our PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

I was already selected when I became the treasurer.

Danielle from PTA

PTA user

Money minder’s customer service is top notch! Whenever you call you get a live person. That is very rare these days. I enjoy the software and the programs and it has been very easy to keep track of our PTA expenses with this program.

Pros

Very user friendly. Since the new update it’s more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a great tool for our PTA.

Susan from Parkview PTO

MoneyMinder is the best!

I am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!

Pros

MoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.

Cons

Honestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)

Cynthia from IPS PTO

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

Pros

This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent. MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years. Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports. MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

Cons

This software can't make your coffee. And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge. Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Ronda from Village On Union HOA

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Pros

Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

Cons

There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied January 2020

UPDATE (1/24/20): You can now bulk download and print statements! Let us know if you need help with this new ability. Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

Leslie from Grassfield High School PTSA

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

Cons

I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Robert from Thunderbird Aquatic Club

TAC review

great. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.

Pros

the reports section is easy to customize.

Cons

the check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the kind review Robert. Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue. Hope that makes things easier!

Lois from Lakeland Hills Elementary PTA

Great Product, Easy to Use

It's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.

Pros

Cons

Entries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the valuable feedback! We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you. Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list. Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.

Steven from Canyon Rim PTA

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Cons

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

Carey from Hayward Aggies

Money Minder staff are amazing to work with. Customer rep have helped me a lot.

Pros

Cons

I wish that if you decided to change coding that you didn't have to change all of the entries you have made to that code. I would be nice to enter the new GL code and then copy to everything entry made to the old GL code

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied March 2018

Hi Carey, It sounds like you're wanting to move a category from one heading to another. Is that right? If so, we can help you do that. Would you like to reach out to us for instructions? support@moneyminder.com Thanks! Cyndi

Jenn from TCI KIWANIS

I have used Money Minder for three organizations now. I LOVE it!

Pros

*MoneyMinder software allows access anywhere anytime, day or night. *Customer service is second to non. *Easy to manage *A lot of reports. Too many to list *Inexpensive *Treasurers Report is my favorite for board meetings.

Cons

That more of my board members won't take the advantage of pulling reports when they need them. Otherwise, everything I need and more is what MoneyMinder provides our Nonprofit organization every year.

Melinda from Chloe Clark PTA

Excellent program and support

Ease of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.

Pros

The software allows you to capture a large amount of information in a very convenient way. You can customize how much or how little detail you want to include about your transactions. Overall the program is fairly intuitive to use and my favorite feature is the amazing support you receive when you call with questions.

Cons

There is no way to revert to previous budgets- so if you decide to do a budget revamp, and it doesn't pass at your meeting, you need to retype the entire thing back in. I wish there was a way to save favorited links so that I don't have to look through all the reports menus each time.

Leslie from Grassfield High School PTSA

Industry: Fund-Raising

Outstanding Program for PTAs

Pros

This program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.

Cons

So far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.

I Love Money Minder

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Lorraine from St. Clare of Assisi Catholic School HSA

Very easy transition to this software from other PTA-type software.

Other than Quicken/QuickBooks or Excel, we had no other software options to our organization. This software is very easy to use and has all the tools needed for establishing and maintaining a non-profit budget.

Pros

I like that it's online, so I have access to our information from anywhere. It is also very easy to use, especially if you have any sort of prior experience with Quicken/QuickBooks/other PTA-type software.

Cons

I'm still getting used to the reports - they're not quite the same as the other PTA-type software (with which I was very familiar) would generate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though - it is just something I have to get used to.

Madeleine from Sound corporate

Industry: Medical Devices

I had an awesome experience.

Learned some great new tools

Pros

I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.

Stephen from Hillcrest PTA

MoneyMinder - The Perfect Choice for PTA Treasurers

Pros

When I became Treasurer of the PTA at my son's school I know I wanted to get a software program instead of relying on spreadsheets as previous treasurers had done. MoneyMinder was the perfect choice. First of all it is cloud based, which meant I could easily give access to other members of the PTA board. It is very easy to use but has many advanced features such as the ability to download banking transactions and transactions from Square. Those features alone have saved me an immense amount of time. The preloaded account structure for PTAs is also a great feature. The standard reporting features are easy to use but you can also do custom reports and exports. My one interaction with customer service was fantastic.

Cons

The only minor negative I have is that I don't think you can customize what fields to bring across when you download your banking transactions.

Joy from Clearwood Jr High PTSA

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.

I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

Pros

Besides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.

Cons

Better way to print only for current month.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.

Elizabeth from Central Elementary PTO

Easy to use and very readable reports

Pros

MoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives! Great program!

Kristie from Vista PTSO

The software is amazing! Allows me to be an efficient and effective volunteer.

Pros

The software is Intuitive, user friendly, accurate and simple. Great customer department! It is beneficial to have transparency with the financials.

Laura from Ben Franklin PTA

Great resource for non-profits

Pros

Love the ease of use of this software for our non-profit. It is set up perfectly for PTA financing and is easy to use by the least to the most experienced treasurer

Cons

Every time I have had issues, I simply look up help in the menu or sometimes call customer support, I get the help I need right away.

Natalie from NatsCats Animal Rescue, Inc.

MoneyMinder is an awesome non-profit software!

Pros

It is easy to use, is very intuitive, and the customer service is amazing! I have used MoneyMinder for over 12 + years and it has been a great experience. The software keeps improving, the platform is always reliable, and I have never had a glitch. It's really worth the money and the reports and organization of the software is so helpful.

Cons

I have no cons at all about this software or my experience.

Paul from CVHS PTSA

Perfect for the volunteer treasurer

As mentioned in the Pros section, this software has allowed me to access the program wherever I am. As a volunteer, it is very helpful to be able to work on my treasurer responsibilities during my regular job's lunch hour. This has been a great upgrade from our old desktop software. Thanks MM

Pros

This software is very easy to learn and use. It is web based, so it can be accessed anywhere. For volunteers, it may be at work, at home or anywhere else. In addition, it allows multiple users, which offers transparency to the organization. With the other software that we were using, it was only on my laptop at home. Lastly, this software seems to have been developed with the part time volunteer in mind. It has all of the features, but not all the other items that a full business would need. All in all, I am glad we upgraded.

Cons

The main downside to the software was the migration of prior year's data into it. Although I have to say that the MoneyMinder team helped me through it.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Replied February 2019

Glad MoneyMinder is working well for you! We understand the extra work in setting up new financial years each year. We're in the process of making that more seamless!

Jenny from Island Lake PTA

Amazing Customer Service

Pros

When I needed help they responded immediately and helped right away. Problem solved!

Cons

I haven’t found any complaints great company!

Dawn from Edmonds Elementary PTA

Edmonds Elem PTA Treasurer

Fantastic experience. Way easier to use than the QuickBooks we used to have.

Pros

Very easy to use and simple spreadsheets. Love that fact that we can have multiple users with different access abilities.

Cons

Set up was a bit confusing until I realized I could make the categories match our budget.

Michele from Sears

Great for budgeting

It is awesome

Pros

The ease of use for budgeting and book keeping!

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great so far! No complaints

Shelley from Liberty Hill Intermediate PTO

The software was very easy to use and quick to set up accounts. Software support has been great too.

Simplifies my volunteer role as treasurer. Software is quick and efficient and I don't have to worry about it backing up our files. MoneyMinder does it for you.

Pros

Ease of use. It's simple to use and will be easy to pass on to future volunteer treasurers. There are many options for reporting account activity which is very useful. The support is great as well. Any questions that have arised have been answered within hours by their support team.

Cons

No cons. It's all been very positive. As the treasurer I've been very pleased with every aspect of this software. It's easy to set up and easy to use.

Doug from Milburn Fields HOA

MoneyMinder Review

We are looking forward to moving away from multiple spreadsheets being passed back & forth and maintaining financial information on a single computer in a single entry accounting environment. MoneyMinder will take a tremendous load off the Treasurer position and allows us to distribute the load of managing money and maintaining the directory across multiple board members.

Pros

I've helped develop custom software and Saas software over the last 20 years. MoneyMinder is an excellent example of best practices implementation - super intuitive and easy to use. A top-notch product.

Cons

I wish we could import our Quicken file.

Amy from DaVinci PTSA

Customer support is absolutely the best!

I have been helped so much by the tech support people. They have patiently talked me through all of the questions I've had and helped me to learn what I need to know in order to keep the books in excellent order for my school PTSA.

Pros

I find it easy to navigate and I am not a tech savvy person.

Cons

It took me a long time to figure out how to go back to a check that I'd written before but needed to edit in someway. I was going back check by check to get to older check numbers. The last time I called she helped me to figure out a quicker way- wish I would've known that earlier.

Julie from Foothills Elementary Pta

Makes your life much easier

Pros

It’s easy to use and he customer service is superb.

Cons

I had a hard time figuring out how to track sales tax but the customer support team helped me.

Deborah from Legal Services

Very Easy to use - Great Reporting

Very easy to set up. The software is very intuitive to use. The customer service staff are quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

Ease of data entry. being able to change a transaction after it has been closed. The reporting feature is fantastic.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

It has all the features we need and it's affordable.

Michele from Sears

The software is user friendly and saves so you time.

Pros

I love how ease of the software, the set up is very user friendly. The customer service is awesome. They check in on you and get back to you in a timely manner.

Cons

I have not had any issues so far. It has only been positive and I will definitely recommend this to anyone.

Jennifer from Face-to-Face Colorado

Wow! MoneyMonder is a game changer

I used to spend hours developing the annual budget and reconciling the books monthly for our small non-profit. I'm the volunteer board treasurer. Within 30 minutes of logging into MoneyMinder, I knew I would save significant amounts of time, have more accurate books, and be able to easily train other board members to use the system.

Pros

I love the easy budget entry process, simple data entry, the variety of reports, and ability to share access with other board members.

Cons

Nothing so far. I haven't yet tried to sync PayPal and Square, but if those functions are like the rest of the system, I'm hopeful that it will be easy.

Shelly from Encore Capital Group

Great Product for Non-Profits

I began using it as the treasurer for my kid's school and found it to be very easy to figure out and to use. I then recommended it to a horse rescue I volunteered for and also as the treasurer for the school's choir booster club, I recommended it for them as well.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and has everything a large or small non profit would need.

Cons

The budget items are not linked to the expenses so you have to manage those separately and you are not able to create ad-hoc reports.

Gina from Dimmitt Middle School

Love money minder! So much easier to use than Excel for our achool.

Pros

Just enter info and populates. No messy spreadsheets to deal with! Customer Service has been excellent.