Moon Invoice

Moon Invoice Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"There is nothing good about this product. I can not think of a single good thing this program does."
  • icon"The thing I liked most about this software is the simplicity to creating invoices."
  • icon"It's simple, easy to use, I don't need to be a rocket scientist to use it. Perfect for small business."
  • icon"It does't follow a logic order of the reconciliation between payment invoices of customers. Is a pure piece of shit."
  • icon"Sometimes laggy and glitchy which can be frustrating when it's needed at a critical time."
  • icon"It’s a little difficult when transferring info from one device to another."

Have you used Moon Invoice and would like to share your experience with others?

All Moon Invoice Reviews

Molly

Industry: Photography

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Highly Recommended for Invoicing & Expense

Easy and efficient invoicing. Love the template features for both email templates + invoice, estimates, PDF templates. I love that I can run this from a mac app and do not have to log into a website to use it (and also from my phone).

Pros

I love that this software is EAY to use, EASY to look at (great UX) straight forward invoicing, expense, estimate, reporting tool(s). ALL the tools I need for my photography and graphics business, without distractions and bloated costs. It's been the perfect solution! The software is kept up-to-date, no bloated costs attached to updates and the software just gets better and better (also excellent and prompt support!).

Cons

Nothing, it's been a perfect solution. Any tiny bugs (if any) are squashed immediately through support.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

I can't recall all of the other apps I looked at back then, but most either ONLY did invoicing and not expense tracking etc, some were built badly/ugly/outdated, I really felt that Moon Invoice hit the spot. Not complicated and did what I needed. Since then, the updates have really made it more beautiful than when I first started using it. :)

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

I was VERY TIRED of paying a TON of annual/monthly fee's. My main priorities: Get away from large annual payments (reoccurring), get away from web apps, find an app that was focused on improving the app UX. #1) I wanted to run my invoicing/expenses from a stand-alone app (most of the other services I was using were run theirs from web-apps). It's super annoying to have to rely on a web app even with shortcuts. #2) The trend of subscription payments was getting out of control for bloated services (online). Paying too much for too little. #3) ALL the services I was trying to use would start out with a lot of promises, only to see them not working on their current features and UX (to make them a better user experience, fix issues, etc) -- rather they would start releasing new idea's and introduce new extra cost for those features... all while never working on the core of the system that was needed (like basic invoicing structures).

Response from Moon Technolabs

We are super grateful for your support. Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or suggestions about the application.

Replied February 2020

Jim

Great invoicing solution for small business

Pros

Moon Invoice was by far the easiest to setup and deploy on MacOS. We were up and running in about a day including setting up backups.

Cons

We haven't really come across anything missing from Moon.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

Subscriptions are much friendlier and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

Quickbooks no longer offers the options we need at an affordable price.

Response from Moon Technolabs

We appreciate your valuable review for Moon Invoice. Keeping the customers satisfied is something we always thrive for and we shall continue to deliver the utmost quality-driven services to you. If you have any queries, feel free to drop us a line at support@mooninvoice.com, we'd love to assist you.

Replied October 2020

Very useful program but not very customize

None.

Pros

User friendly interface, cloud solution and how design are ok

Cons

The cloud is not perfect. I will like to be able to input my asset and liabilities to create a balance sheet and not only a income statement.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

Price mixed with user friendly. The option of a cloud and connectable with other divice.

Timothy

Excellent and easy to use freelance system

Well thought out and constantly updating

Pros

Over all all the features are easy to use. They do require some review of how to setup but excellent documentation helps with the understand and I initial setup

Cons

Nothing against this product. I don’t like having to start from scratch as I was using another freelance application.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

No longer supported and original developer canceled the product

Kim

Easy and efficient

This app creates for easy invoicing in a retail setting. It is user friendly and you have the option to sync multiple devices. Easy set up from the start and while not perfect, provides great functionality for a small retail business while being quite cost effective.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and use (I have a Silver plan). The invoicing component is straight forward and allows for different tax options and discounts (both cash dollar and percentage). Purchase orders are easy to enter whether it be for existing stock lines or new ones. I was able to create my invoice template including logo with ease. It was straight forward and quick and the layout (there are a variety of layout options) is aesthetically pleasing. It is easy to manage your subscription and billing is automatic (via PayPal per month)

Cons

In the invoicing section I would like to see a part for customer phone number and email address. I have not found a way to print off stock reports. As a retail business this would be extremely beneficial for stock maintenance / stock take, etc. when I enter a purchase order I need to show GST however then in the actual product it shows the ‘cost’ as a pre GST amount and therefore isn’t a true reflection. I would like to see something in the back end that shows me what my actual profit is (sale price less cost price = profit). There is a ‘profit’ section in the app but these figures NEVER add up

Mlanjeni

Magic at our Fingertips!

Fantastic. We are very pleased.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the catalog listing of the products, stock and prices. It's easy to plug the correct price in when a client orders. We also like the maintaining of client lists and the ability to edit the information as our clients remain the same, but the contact person often changes. Our clients love the colorful invoices .

Cons

The only complaint is that the cover letter when emailing the invoice can not be custom made for our company so that we don't have to type a new one with every order. Their standard letter has all the information on it, but lacks our personal touch.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

We didn't like the look nor the process of invoicing with them.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

We liked what we saw in Moon Invoice, and it was a one time fee as opposed to monthly as our other invoicing system.

Larry

Easiest to use

Pros

I have used other pages such as Honeybrook in QuickBooks, but the ease-of-use the best across platforms makes this able to be mobile and quick on the spot invoicing and quotes.

Cons

One of the last update made this not able to be used on my MacBook Pro, but I'm iPad Pro and my iPhone it works extremely well.

Replied October 2020

Wouldn't choose anything else now

Pros

Web portal for in the office Mobile app for on the go Quick, Easy & Simple

Cons

Haven't found anything wrong with it for how I use it

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Subpar support for invoicing system

Pros

My company has used Moon Invoice for 3+ years. When it works it is a good enough system for our uses.

Cons

However, there have been several occasions where an “update” caused major glitching in the system, removing tabs, forcing autofill entries and making the program miserable to try to use. When I reached out for support of these issues their inevitable response was that the next update will fix it. Then you wait with bated breath to see if the next update miraculously makes it the subpar invoicing system we sadly depend on. Often times the issue is not fixed for several updates and you waste time trying to use the product you unfortunately paid for.

Response from Moon Technolabs

We are sorry to know that you had a negative experience. We have checked the details regarding the issue reported by you in past and found that the issue has already been resolved by us with a new update. Please let us know if you are facing any issues with the application.

Replied July 2019

Jonathan

Good value, waiting for one specific feature.

I am pleased with Moon Invoice and have no reason to move away

Pros

It worked across all my devices seamlessly, something Totals did not do. Setting up my business details was also pretty easy. I am a freelancer and, due to post-ObamaCare IRS rules, on the payroll of almost all clients I work for so it is used more as an event-by-event, client-by-client time/rate/expense tracker.

Cons

It does not allow for cost-basis on products, expenses, or tasks. The gross total of each of my invoices is not indicative of what I will clear. It would be nice to have a way to track what I can count as hours billed against what was actually invoiced. Also, the interface that sets up default invoice layouts is very, very clunky and unintuitive. There is no obvious, easy way to preview changes made to a layout. The user kind of has to know what the item is and where it should be in order to confirm its existence or deletion.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

I am tied very much into the Apple Sandbox. Moon Invoice worked across all my MacOS and iOS devices seamlessly and continues to do so. It is also good to see it is now cross-platform, should the need arise to move to Windows, which I did for a time over the summer before finding a deal-breaker and having to return to the Mac platform.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

I bought Totals through the Mac App Store back when Apple was attempting to push developers to that software distribution method. My purchase through that storefront was a mistake. Eventually my invoice database became corrupted and there was no support offered for anyone who had purchased the product through the Mac App Store.

Matthew

Moon Invoice a Solid Choice

After losing access to my prior invoicing program due to an OS upgrade which left it non-functional, I began investigating alternatives. I came across Moon Invoice and experimented with it a few hours, but then set it aside to look into other options. Over the next few months, after experimenting with a variety of choices, I was eventually I was led back to Moon Invoice. Giving it more time to grow on me, and understanding that I would have to get used to how it did things, I was glad I had found it again.

Pros

The PayPal integration and ease of getting paid quickly and electronically, along with the customizable invoices, ended up being the best of the choices I had considered.

Cons

The lack of parity between the iOS and macOS settings and invoicing layout means I cannot easily switch between them. The desktop version provides the best looking invoices, everything in the iOS version is somehow positioned differently enough that I don't bother using it.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

The company decided to let the product become obsolete when macOS Mojave and Catalina would have required too many changes to keep supporting it.

Ian

Over the moon with this software & app.

Brilliant. Easy & efficent. I wouldn’t consider going back to or using other invoicing apps.

Pros

Ha ha ha. You see what I did there? Anyway. The app is much better than my comedy & I know that’s not hard but it really is a great App.

Cons

Going between apps to gather data for an invoice it has been known to reset the invoice to blank if your off Moon invoice for too long. But easily solved. Just save it before leaving the app.

Reasons for switching to Moon Invoice

A recommendation from a workmate.

mathieu

Easy invoicing

So far so great ! It's been 3 or 4 years I think, that I'm using this software and I saw how much improvement they did with it. I'm really happy with it !

Pros

The cloud ! The possibility to synch with multiple devices. Some times, I'm able to create a new invoice with the Moon invoice software on my desktop, but when I'm in a rush, it's really appreciated to create one with my phone and/or check everything on this device. I like the professional look of the invoices with the existing template too !

Cons

Some features (or customizable features) aren't easy to deal with. (Not very clear where to look for to modify something in particular) but with a little research or with the help of the Moon Invoice team, every issues has been covered !

Matthew

Moon Invoice

Very impressed, can be used on the go. Customer can pay before I leave

Pros

Ease of use, all the information is there at your finger tips, I also link to my iPad and MacBook

Cons

Did experience a loss of data once but luckily because on another device managed to retrieve

Rakesh

Wonderful Invoicing & Financial Management Application

We are very pleased to use MOON INVOICE and pleased to continue using it for our current needs.

Pros

Absolutely easy to use, sync with your handheld devices and send ready mailers and PO to your clients and vendors. Very easy to track the outflow and inflow.

Cons

I did not see any Cons in using this product.

Reasons for choosing Moon Invoice

Ease of use and compatibility.

Karim