All Motivosity Reviews

Good communication tool

Scott

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

A tool that continues to be useful

Despite the one annoyance I mentioned above, I heartily recommend using Motivosity. It makes it easy to express gratitude, and offers one more meaningful way to interact with my co-workers.

PROS

Motivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions. It's a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don't use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness. I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.

CONS

I hate popups with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. So when I sign in and a popup invades a big chunk in the center of my screen, asking about whether I've received recognition for my work in the past few days, it's not a positive thing. I'm not against filling out a brief survey for that purpose, but that delivery method irks me. It's probably something that can be adjusted by the person(s) in my department who manage the user interface.

Lisa

Automotive, 51-200 employees

A great engagement tool!

Overall, it has been a very positive experience. Ease of setup and use. The API took a bit to get set up with ADP but once that was done it worked perfectly. I don't have to manually upload a file very day.

PROS

I love how our teams can give a shout out to one of their team members, their managers, another store or anyone who has set up their Motivosity account! It has really engaged our teams for the better. We even post when a person or team get a shout out from a customer. I know they like seeing their names on those posts!

CONS

Not that we didn't like it we just didn't use the manager development. We decided to use a different tool. We decided also not to renew Employee Insights and the main reason is ADP has rolled out their survey, pulse tool. They are working on making so we can text the surveys out to our teams. Billing was an issue as you have to pay for a whole year in advance. No option for monthly billing.

Reason for choosing Motivosity

My boss really loved the platform and once I saw a demo I was sold! :)

Rui

Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2019

To be better

My experience with Motivosity it's all about giving recognition to other people doing well in the company and I think it's great cause inspire people to do better

PROS

I think recognize people for the wonderful work they do it's amazing and also getting paid is also great

CONS

For me I think it's because you noT aloud to upload pictures. I think you should aloud to upload pictures cause looks more fun, at the moment just looks a bit empty

Jackelyn

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great way to highlight employees!

Employees love it and it has impact culture in a good way.

PROS

Its easy to use and it integrates with our HR software.

CONS

I wish it had more options for rewards like an amazon link.

Reason for choosing Motivosity

The cost was lower and how easy is was to use. The VISA card was a big game changer when the point and be used as a debt card.

Ana-Maria

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Great engagement tool

PROS

It was easy to use, fun and positive. When used properly it drove employee engagement

CONS

There were quite of few of bugs and many instances of employees being locked out. It was not easy to set up for the front line employee. Also was not long term sustainable as most employees only cared about the monetary rewards.

Ashley

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The software that keeps giving!

Overall, we could not ask for a better experience. The interactions with anyone at Motivosity is extremely welcoming, our rep makes us feel as though we are his only client and always looks to connect to us a individual people, not just a company or client.

PROS

Motivosity is a platform that our staff uses daily. We have embedded many features such as employee recognition, employee engagement, mid & annual reviews, monthly coaching sessions, and birthday/anniversary celebrations. We love that we can house many items into a single site.

CONS

At this time, there is not any thing that we like least about the platform.

Kelsey

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Motivosity has been a great recognition tool!

PROS

It is a super easy way to recognize people within the organization. It allows for recognition from peers which is awesome. Everyone loves to get money so we have had great success with it!

CONS

I wish there was more ways to make it a little more customizable to my organization. For example, able to add in more forms that fit what I am needing or more boxes that ask specific questions I am needing when goals are being set or managers are conducting reviews.

Melissa

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Motivosity for employees

Our employees use the peer-to-peer and the manager-to-peer recognition daily to call out the great things their teams are doing. We also use it for awards for wellness challenges and various competitions we do to promote employee engagement. It is easy to use and the support I've received when we've had issues has been very quick.

PROS

Love the peer-to-peer recognition. Our employees use it daily!

CONS

Cost - all the features are great so the only thing I can think for improvement would be to lower the cost.

Heather

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Drive Marketing Review

Motivosity has made such a positive impact on our team. It is well used and serves to provide peer-to-peer and manager-to-employee recognition in a way that feels good and is manageable for all users.

PROS

I really love the ease of the platform, it has a clean layout and makes things simple and purposeful. I really love that it is real-time recognition and that it makes a big impact on our team. It is user friend and not complex which encourages the team to use the platform.

CONS

I cannot think of any that I dislike, I have been very happy with integrating Motivosity into the culture of our company.

Hayden

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great for employee connections

PROS

It allows employees to recognize their peers and create bonds, all while upholding our company core values.

CONS

Sometimes uploading a photo highlight glitches but not often.

Melissa

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Employees love it and use it daily!

We were using another platform that used points instead of dollars. The app was not easily accessible, it had to be accessed in web browser which was difficult for some people. Our participate/engagement was minimal. We had over 450 appreciations in the first month! This is compared to maybe 20 in our old app.

PROS

Easy to launch, easy to appreciate, ease of use for those who don't have computers, that it gives money instead of points. The ability to do shout outs and highlights!

CONS

Reporting can be a little confusing. App users have to set up account in a web browser so they can use the app. There have been some roadblocks with that. Motivosity bucks for managers disappear at end of month, would like option to roll them over.

Reason for choosing Motivosity

Motivosity was recommended by a friend so I checked it out. I looked at other apps but not seriously.

Reasons for switching to Motivosity

Very low engagement except by managers at the end of each quarter. Difficult to access for many. People were not engaged. Low participation. People were not excited about it.

Jeff

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Hands down the best peer-to-peer recognition software!

Overall, I am very satisfied with Motivosity and can't imagine my employer life without it! It helps to pump each other up, point out successes and wins on the team, and help look for any red flags in overall employee happiness.

PROS

I have used Motivosity for several years and at several companies and I have loved it since day 1. Every time I use it, it's like a big, warm hug from your grandma! There are several things I love about it. 1) It's very easy to use! The interface is clean and easy to navigate. It hints you towards next steps you can take, which makes recognizing people easy. 2) Motivosity has a nice interface to see how other people are getting recognized. It's cool to see the feed of your coworkers and leaders being recognized for their hard work and projects they are working on. Coming from an HR background, I appreciate the recognition that is easily seen, which helps motivate you to keep doing better. 3) Any news from Motivosity is positive. I have never seen anything negative there, which helps promote a good environment. Sometimes I'll scroll through Motivosity and it pumps me up to see so much success happening around us. 4) There are fun tools in Motivosity, such as the Meyer's Briggs test, the interest maps, and the store to spend your reward money in. 5) I appreciate the surveys it asks to check in on me to see if I am being recognized frequently. Recognition is so important for morale, and Motivosity is the ultimate software to make this easy and possible!

CONS

The only con I can think of is that I wasn't able to use the software sooner. I first started using it in 2015 at Workfront and quickly saw that previous employers I worked with could have benefitted so much from it. The software is clean, intuitive, and easy to use. I cannot say anything negative about it because there are none!

Shawn

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

Motivosity is a great way to give immediate positive feedback

As an individual contributor, giving a quick thanks is wonderful to reinforce behaviors and encourage doing that behavior again. As a manager, I can share positive feedback to many people both on or off my team for things that I notice. This decentralizes the positive feedback and reinforcing behaviors and allows everyone to participate. I love how all recognition is immediate with no oversight.

PROS

Every employee is given a dollar amount every month that they give to someone else to recognize extra efforts. The dollar amounts are relative to the company, but everyone receives the same amount. So if you give someone your full amount for the month, that sends a big message as to the importance of the recognition. Anyone can give to anyone else, and can do it immediately instead of going through an approval process.

CONS

Money to give used to expire every month in an effort to encourage giving. However, that is very limiting. Many people want to save up and give a bigger amount for extraordinary help from someone else. That expiration date has now been extended to three months, which helps. I think not having the money expire but instead just have reminders to give allows ultimate flexibility. I haven't found people who never give, but I have had people lose their giving money because an arbitrary amount of time has elapsed. What I don't like most is by default having everyone see the positive feedback someone else gets. I ALWAYS make my giving private so I don't have someone feeling bad because they saw someone else recognized for doing good and why didn't they get recognized for doing good as well (I did just as much as they did!) causing the feedback to backfire in its intent. So please turn off public feedback by default and make it private.

Thanks for the review Shawn. Addressing a couple items you mentioned... The expiration of the giving money is really a way to prompt people to use it and to share their appreciation more frequently (frequency is a key driver delivering impact when it comes to recognition). As for the public recognition, studies show that there is power behind making it public. As you stated, you can always mark it private for those times that you want to not have it shared with others. Again, thanks for writing the review. We appreciate Ivanti as a great Motivosity customer.

Replied November 2019

Austin

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2016

Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building

I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr. leadership and a culture of high performance, this was a great tool to publicly reward top performers, show that our company cared, create relationships and interactions cross-departmentally, etc... This tool got people involved with each other and allowed us to clarify and drive a culture that focused on revenue generation and top line growth. This tool does not create a culture, but it definitely helps in sustaining the culture we wanted. I would highly recommend it!

PROS

Easy to implement
Great and simple UI
High adoption rates
Created a sense of gratitude and giving
Broke down cross departmental barriers
Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what
Increased engagement
Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition
Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives
Create large company challenges and rewarded through system
Created a sense of unity in the organization

CONS

I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective
Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

Skylar

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Encourage Others and Boost Team Morale with Motivosity

I think Motivosity is allowing me to solve the business problem of not knowing your coworkers. I have found by being an active user of Motivosity that I know more about my coworkers and they know more about me. When I go to the office I know everyone and enjoy being at work.

PROS

On a day-to-day basis, people's actions (i.e., accomplishments, acts of kindness, hard work, etc.) often go unrecognized. Using Motivosity helps to encourage employees to recognize their coworkers. I feel by using Motivosity people are uplifted as they begin to realize people are actually noticing them. Furthermore, I feel it increase overall team morale and unity.

CONS

I think there needs to be some way to encourage users to more proactively use Motivosity without the incentive of earning money. I personally try to regift my gifted funds because I want to help drive the overall purpose of the software. However, I see so many users that log on the last day of the month and send out last minute Motivosity so the funds don't go to waste. I would rather see people recognizing others on a day-to-day basis without the expecation of making some extra money.

Ben

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Concept is great

The concept is great, and we have seen great success in our company. even outside of giving money, just giving people recognition outside of an email is really nice.

PROS

I love recognizing employees and being able to make announcements about great wins by different teams or the company.

CONS

When I pull up a profile's history, giving or receipts, I cannot like or comment, It has to be in the feed. Feature functionality: Create a money request, then submit it for approval. Essentially get rid of buying and expensing out gift cards, and use motivosity as the approval platform to get someone a block of money. This could be done outside of the tool, and have money added to a user. But it would be cool to have this built into the program. Feature Requests: 1. Can we search or specific terms or phrases within posts? • For example, an employee mentions that some is a “really great KCS coach”. • We’d like to track when “KCS Coach” is mentioned so we can specifically call out that behavior. If tracking is not available, then searching for these terms or words, would be helpful. I can only see that you can search for a person or title of the employee, not search for previous posts. 2. Is there a way to enable notifications for when someone submits a nomination for an award. I have found that people have submitted nominations, but we were unaware of these nominations because there is no alert system. not weekly digest. breakdown graph of how points are calculated or at least an idea of how they are accumulated. I've seen leaders have crazy scores, while they have less overall activity than others with much lower scores.

Christine

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Motivosity and Employee engagement

Motivosity gives us each a boost when we are recognized for our efforts. I like knowing that I made a difference for someone else to make their job easier, or more enjoyable- Motivosity provides the platform to do just that. Our company has had a rise in employee engagement, during this pandemic, where other companies are falling apart. I believe Motivosity has helped to keep us all connected and aware of other's accomplishments- even with most working from home. We use the platform regularly to provide opportunities for all to participate in company wide events. I love Motivosity!

PROS

Being able to recognize your peers for things others may not notice. Being recognized myself so I know my actions made a difference to someone. I like the ease of using the Motivosity money- a couple clicks and you've redeemed your money. I love the profiles employees set up- it lets us know their interests, outside of work-more on a personal level. I also like how it tells us who else in the company is most like us- interesting...

CONS

We have had a couple of missed Anniversaries that weren't acknowledged on the platform- not sure if internal issue or Motivosity. Can't think of anything I don't like.

Christine, thank you so much for your review. We love to hear about the experience our clients are having with Motivosity, and we're so glad you guys are loving it as much as we do!

Replied January 2021

Jim

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Happy Employees

PROS

Before Motivosity, we would recognize our Associates that required a lot more administration and we always found that people would come and want to exchange their gift for something else. This product has made it very employee friendly as well as added other valuable tools. We solely use Motivosity as our only company org chart and find great value in the personality test and "social media" presence this gives our associates.

CONS

My biggest frustration is the customer service, I wish there was a call in number we could talk to someone and fix the issues, instead we must rely via email which isn't as efficient. We used to have other features and granted its been upgraded but there are certain features we need as admin that haven't been added back. I've brought up the concern and the most we have heard is, "we'll look into it".

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees