What are Emburse Nexonia Expenses users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Emburse Nexonia Expenses software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love Nexonia for its simplicity and the fact it is highly customizable."
  • icon"I love that it is very user friendly and I am able to upload my receipts with ease without having to save them to a computer first. This is so quick and easy to use."
  • icon"One of the best organized software to report expenses. Good Sync between the mobile application and web app."
  • icon"There are not many features in this, so far, may be because use case is limited."
  • icon"It can be confusing to use unless you know what you're doing beforehand. Not very self explanatory."
  • icon"It is not the most user-friendly and can be difficult to figure out at first."

Browse all Emburse Nexonia Expenses Reviews

• Have you used Emburse Nexonia Expenses and would like to share your experience with others?

Abimbola

Nexonia has set a gold standard.

Pros

I love Nexonia for its simplicity and the fact it is highly customizable. It is cloud-based and therefore perfect for mobile management of staff expenses in my organization.I love the approval workflow , and how Nexonia integrates seamlessly with our inhouse ERP tools. I love the quality of the mobile app. Majority of my colleagues at work have never had a cause to use Nexonia on desktop and this proves how well the smartphone app has been effective.This is great for measuring mileage for tasks and subsidized meals which we all never seem to get enough of at work. I love the quality of support Nexonia offers my organization. On every occasion ,when I have reached out to the Nexonia team , I always got to talk to an human being. This is rare for software firms who seem to always want to over automate their support structure.Therefore I will say Nexonia is setting a good standard.

Cons

Linking my personal debit card to Nexonia always seem to be an hurdle ,and not just for me but also for most of my colleagues at work.

Lisa

Our Positive Experience with Nexonia Expenses

Since we have multi-level approval process, we can be sure that our purchases are correctly recorded and our funds are being spent according to company policy. It helps us have visibility to all our card transactions and helps to control company costs. It has also helped to shorten our monthly financial close and saved time for office personnel who would otherwise manually enter transactions.

Pros

Having a product that is easy to use for both field techs and office professionals has been a big benefit. Our users can submit expenses on the go via the mobile app or on the computer web version.

Cons

Most of the time sync errors indicate what needs to be corrected so that it can successfully transfer to the ERP, but sometimes there are sync errors that are difficult to pinpoint. Nexonia support always helps us get to resolution if that is the case.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Nexonia Expenses

We implemented Nexonia since the prior expense reporting systems were so cumbersome to set up and use. I had experience with Nexonia and was sure that it would be a simple solution for our teams. Our users can submit expenses on the go via the mobile app or on the computer web version. We have multi-level approval process to be sure that our purchases are correctly recorded and our funds are being spent according to company policy. It helps us have visibility to all our card transactions and helps to control company costs.

Reasons for switching to Emburse Nexonia Expenses

Amy

Nexonia Increases Efficiency

Nexonia has been very positive for our Team. It has helped to cut down on lost receipts.

Pros

Nexonia helped our team cut down on the time spent entering credit card receipts. It took alot of the burden off of the Finance Team and spread it amongst our card holders. It integrates with our Accounting software easily.

Cons

Uploading receipt pictures can sometimes be time consuming especially when using a PC and not a mobile device.

Dylan

Expense Reports

I can not comment on cost - as it is corporately paid for, nor can I comment on support, as when I have an issue I go to our internal team. We did get trained on the system by a representative - who was likeable and enthusiastic. Pleasant experience. Overall: I would not purchase this on my own. It is "jumpy", so when you try to navigate between columns of expenses or time sheets you often have to reselect multiple times - which really makes it slow. This also means there is the likelihood for errors and as such it seems you not only have to complete the entry but review to make sure it didn't "jump" and have an item get miscategorized. The "copy" functions which should allow you to copy the categories from week to week - don't work well either. This is tiresome as then one if forced to do everything that the copy function is supposed to assist with. I have had a few service interruptions. I did not inquire to our internal support - as the message that came up when my time sheets and expenses were lost indicated that there was an issue with your site and to please come back later. It would have been of benefit if you have provided a suggestion as to how long the site would be down, or given the option to be notified when come back. Some work was lost, which was also a pain. We have had various problems submitting information and getting items approved. These were not individual issues, but across the organization. So - I can not validate if that was NEXONIA or in part the integration with our company. The integration with AMEX is cool - but it does chose the wrong categories, so I still have to edit them. This could be a result of our team having too many sub categories. Sorry that this isn't very positive comments, but it truly looked like a good platform, but is just not client friendly.....yet :) I do not need to have this feedback posted - that is not my intent. I rather you just use the information to improve the platform.

Pros

please see first section - amex integration - and it looks to have the right "thinking" behind what an app should do

Cons

Please see first section difficult to use jumpy creates errors because of the above credit card integration - miss categorizes System outages with no way to be notified when it is back on line and no time estimate - happene don the weekends, so I was going to call - but there was no support available at the time

Customer Support is Horrific

Pros

Ease of use to end users. Mobile App is good.

Cons

Customer Support is terrible. They don't respond for days and it is impossible to reach anyone if you have an emergency. Support was much better before the merger with Emburse. After being a customer for 10 + years, it's time to look for a new solution.

Janet

Error Reduction/Cost Savings

Pros

The product is very easy to use. The use of Emburse Nexonia Expenses has provided cost and time savings. It has significantly reduced the number of errors in expense reports submitted.

Cons

The integration with our accounting software was not a problem at all. There really aren't any features that I do not like.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Nexonia Expenses

I chose Emburse Nexonia Expenses because it also has a Payables component.

Camille

Definitely reduces the time I need to log expenses

Pros

Once you get used to it ,the interface is intuitive and uploading receipts is easy. I appreciate that there are no restrictive file size capacities ,which makes the whole process a lot quicker . The expense report going directly to HR and also being stored in the cloud is also very useful .

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve at the beginning .And I still find it confusing to switch between the different cards on my account .

Hank

Nexonia Review

Pros

The integration of this software was overall an easy transition for our corporation. We are now able to have a degree of expense visibility that is unmatched. The approval process has reduced unnecessary transactions and helps improve accountability at our organization.

Cons

The functionality of the application can be improved. There are times when the synching between the app and desktop takes more time that expected.

Viche

Has been a godsend for us

We needed a more organized system to track expenses and Nexonia fit the bill perfectly .

Pros

Due to the orderly way records are kept Nexonia really shines during audits. Or when you just need to access a document from a log time ago . Adding the receipts in real-time is easy and you can virtually endless storage capacity .

Cons

The icons on mobile are too large and it makes navigating it complicated. Especially when it comes to uploading the actual receipts . It doesn't integrate with other programs that well and you'll be doing a lot of double entries .

Austin

Does the Job

Pros

It does what it's supposed to do. Helps us decentralize credit card reconciliation and have a good approval process that keeps auditors happy.

Cons

User interface isn't the best. Not sure how to solve it, but I feel like OCR could be leveraged to automatically find receipt totals and make reviewing/approving expenses more efficient.

Jon

Welcome to the 21st Century

Prior to Nexonia, our company was mired in the paperwork report world. Tying out receipts was a nightmare and reimbursements were delayed due to time spent traveling through the mail. We instituted Nexonia about 2 years ago and our employees love it. It is easy to use, allows for greater visibility by managers and speeds up the reimbursement time-frame. Overall, we are absolutely thrilled with our selection of Nexonia as our expense report vendor.

Pros

Ease of use and tight integration with NetSuite. The fact that I can enter or remove an employee in our CRM and have it flow directly into Nexonia is a huge time saver. We rarely need to utilize the support team, but when we do they are more than happy to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of our issues.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that a year ago, it seemed like new versions were constantly being rolled out and not always tested on different smartphones. For example, we have a large contingent using a Samsung Galaxy that had an issue where launching the camera caused the app to crash. It was eventually resolved, but if I recall it had to do with the latest update that was released. At the time, the Galaxy was a very popular phone.

A helpful tool for keeping track of project expenses!

I like how easy it is for new users to pick up and use Nexonia. It's easy to figure out, and does a lot of the leg work for you. My favorite feature is getting an auto-generated list of expenses based on my credit card history. Before, I was manually entering the amounts for each expense, which at least doubled the time it took to log expenses. With Nexonia, every transaction on my card is automatically in the system. And I love that I can drag and drop receipt pics without having to go through an upload process. Once the receipts are online, I can link/unlink and group multiple receipts to the same expense entry, which has been very useful for the way my receipts are sometimes generated (such as different receipts for itemized segments of a single transaction). I also like that I can log expenses on the road with the mobile app. It has at times shown a delay in syncing with my online profile, but otherwise is a very useful app for tracking expenses in real time and not having to worry about coming back from a business trip with a lot of reporting to do. My only nitpick is that there does not seem to be a way to make edits to multiple expense entries at the same time. For example, if I have ten transactions for a single project, especially when they are going to be logged to the same category in that project, I have to go through and make the same drop down selections for each individual entry. I would like instead to be able to "copy/paste" the entry's profile or simply select multiple transactions and edit the elements in one window. That kind of feature would really make this software top notch, and save me even more time than the software already has. But overall I'm a big fan of the software and how it organizes and tracks our expenses.

Pros

The drag-and-drop feature for receipts, auto-generated entries linked to my credit card, the option to use the mobile app, and the ability to group multiple receipts to one entry.

Cons

There is not a way to make multiple edits to entries with identical profiles. Either a template or a way to edit any items that are selected would be an extremely useful feature.

Rebecca

Industry: Research

Rebecca's Review

I manage my departments finances through this program. It is very easy to use once you learn how. I love how each person can send their receipts directly to Nexonia!

Pros

I like how this software allows each person to send their receipt directly to Nexonia and the current months report. I love how easy it is to see who has what card transactions and create an entry from that or you can go to the receipt and link it to a card transaction to create the entry.

Cons

I don't like how long it takes for each transaction to reach the Nexonia software. I can get the product and receipt before the transaction even reaches the Nexonia software. Although I don't believe that this is solely Nexonia's fault. The other thing that I would change is the linking of receipts to transactions, once the receipt is linked it would be nice if it was completely removed from the receipts list, although if you have two transactions with one receipt you need to link them both (the two transactions) to the same receipt, so you would have to send the same receipt to Nexonia twice, so I can understand why it is the way it is.

Afton

Nexonia Makes Expenses a Breeze

Over the last three years, Nexonia has taken us from a company relying on paper reconciliations to a fully-automated paperless system. It's incredibly easy to set up reporting structures, approve and edit expenses, and keep accurate receipt records. Additionally, Nexonia integrates with QuickBooks Online so once expenses are approved, getting them into QuickBooks is just a click of the button.

Pros

QBO integration. Ease of use. Everything is customizable so that you are always getting the information you need from employees regarding what the expense was for. Ability to code on the go with the app and save receipts for later makes this a great software for companies with employees who do a lot of traveling. Constant updates to the system fixing bugs and adding new features.

Cons

Most of the things that bothered us about the software have been fixed over time - including coding multiple expenses at once and easier receipt capture.

Kathy

Kathy Plummer - Beta Theta Pi Fraternity

The time helps us a lot posting to different departments. It is important to for allocations at the end of each month to know where our employees are spending their time. The expenses have saved a lot of time for everyone. They can upload their receipts right away so loss of them has cut down 90%. We give them drop downs so the coding is actually done by them and more actuate.

Pros

The employee's takes ownership. We can give them options to chose from so less mistakes are made. I like that after an employee finish's they submit which then takes the information into approval, by the time it gets exported into our accounting software it is correct. I like that the time and expenses are done in the same manor.

Cons

The approval sections leave a little to be desired. You have to move back and fourth to see the amount compared to the coding. The picture of the attachment and picture of the receipts has a little to be desired, it takes more time than it should because of this.

Easy Submission of Expenses / Integration with Quickbooks

As a end user who submits ~20 expense items per month the convenience and ease of use is unparalleled. We moved from a paper system previously that was quite cumbersome. The interface is user friendly and the all the various methods for acquiring the digital copy of the expense is great. I mainly drag and drop PDF formatted images to upload the expenses into my report and it works great every time. I also use the email feature to send expenses to my reports and it great for larger email formatted invoices. I also appreciate the fact that I can leave a report half done if I need to track down a missing invoice or receipt and it saves everything done up to that point. I also support the accounting team with the integration of Nexonia to Quickbooks - this can be a little challenging to setup but the support staff are very helpful and we have always managed to get our users setup.

Pros

Ease of adding and capturing receipts. Auto balancing and the way it handles split receipts. Ability of managers to see what is in a end users account - what is outstanding or remaining to be worked on.

Cons

Email receipts - having to back out of the report I am working on to have the receipts show up as available to attach to the expenses. Once you go back into the specific report again the emailed receipts show up just fine.

Amanda

Best AP/AR solution around

It has been a great solution. We transitioned to this from another AP/AR solution. This has eliminated the need for two softwares and we just use this one. I love that it talks with our Accounting solution, saving a lot of time.

Pros

This software is a great AP/AR solution. Our team can easily process their expense reports on the road, no need to keep receipts and manually upload and code in the office. The AP solution is great. It is processed in the system, including all one over one approvals needed. Then it transfers over to Sage Intacct seamlessly, where the checks are printed. This solution transfers the invoice directly to our accounting software, which is a feature a lot of other AP solutions does not offer. It has saved a lot of man hours

Cons

The support offered with this solution can be a little lacking sometimes. I didn't know we had a direct account manager until we were with the software for 2 years. There can be a little lag in customer support getting back to you. But these are things I can look past for the other pros that the software offers.

Money Saver

I have been using this app for almost 3 years and it helped me a lot in saving and reporting the expenses. As it is compatible working with Android's which is very helpful as the accounts and finance teams require these tools to make the work easier for them, and i would recommend to organizations and corporate to use the same if i am given a chance to.

Pros

The most i like is that i can use the software through my mobile and i reach out for my mobile whenever i make any expense or any expense is made in the organization as well as personally. When corporate management expense policies are strict people are relying on the app very much to control or to report the same which helps the management to come to a conclusion. This can also be integrated with credit cards and other CRMS and tools to keep a track of the expense. Busy finance and accounting leaders will definitely need this.

Cons

The least i like is that the tool must be in a way that it can be integrated in as much as CRM's used by the corporate and a bit unsteady during poor receipt of internet connectivity

Shane

Expenses Branch 087

My experience is generally positive as this process does eliminate many steps required in the past to recover expenditures.

Pros

It is fast and effective and can be done from any location eliminating the need to save receipts for a long period of time.

Cons

All things considered, I have no complaints about the soft ware itself. I have had no negative experiences to date.

Brook

September 2016

Great product with friendly user application

I've been using Nexonia for approximately 2 years and really enjoy how easy it has been to log expenses and categorize spending. The mobile phone applications have been extremely helpful in capturing needed receipts and categorically assigning expenses

Pros

-User friendly/intuitive -Mobile phone application (receipt recording)

Cons

-Navigating between expense reports can be a challenge -Should consider adding a "default" setting so users can choose a default client/project when assigning expenses; too often I've assigned project expenses to the wrong client/project when a default setting would have been helpful

Marci

Industry: Mental Health Care

Intuitive, essential, and efficient

This software has made it so my employer is not overpaying for my travel/incidental reimbursement. It is just as handy for remote employees as those working in the building. Easy and intuitive that volunteers use it as well as employees.

Pros

For mileage reimbursement- I love that you are able to input exact addresses and it figures the mileage. I know longer have to keep a logbook in my car and guesstimate when I forget to write things down. For meal reimbursement- for out of state travel it is a breeze. I no longer have to go online and find the State and the local reimbursement amount. It does all that for me! Whew! Major time saver! Receipts- I can easily upload receipts and no longer have to worry about turning them in: to whom, when, what attachments etc. I love Nexonia and wished we had it at every employer I've worked at in the past and I hope in the future!

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

May

User Friendly system

It is a easy using system no matter you are submitting your own expense report, or you are running a report to manage how many expense reports submitted in a limited period of time, Nexonia is very easy to use.

Pros

I have been using Nexonia in my prior experiences for more than 5 years, the system is very easy to use, you can complete your expense report submission with easy steps and everyone should have no problem submit their first expense report.

Cons

none at this moment, I believe the only drawback is the limited functions that our company was purchased or used.

Would recommend Nexonia!

Easy to use!

Pros

Nexonia Expense Reports was so easy to use! If anything was difficult is was because the admin people made too many categories that were similar. It was easy to tell when the admins needed you to edit a submission and to track at what stage the report was at after submitting.

Cons

The only thing that was annoying was for mapping the miles if only gave you the direct route on maps... but Michigan has a ton of construction for 8/12 months so you never take the direct route. It would have been nice to edit that to get the money for my miles.

Jacob

A good and functional solution for expense management

Saves us hours as month on expense management (corporate credit cards) Its not the most user friendly platform. Its definitely functional, but it will always take training.

Pros

This solution has saved us hours each month collecting and organizing receipts. We've gone from taking 5 hours a week to 1 hour a week really working with credit card receipts.

Cons

I've seen some competitors have a little better UI, but may not have the same features.

Ramin

I love the mobile application

Pros

I think Nexonia Expenses is already a leader in the expense management applications on the market. Till last month I didn't use its mobile app for iPhone, but later I saw it is really helpful and simple to use. And everything is working smoothly as a desktop version. It designed graphically and you can see not only your expenses and also where did you spend some amount with a map and other attached files. You can add manual spending and of course, it will calculate your expenses from credit cards.

Cons

It took a long time to explain the whole interface to our staff. And otherwise, we didn't experience any negative sides of Nexonia. Thanks for that kind of service.

Emburse Nexonia Expenses