Browse GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping Reviews

Najja E from Yield to the King Ministry

Excellent program to track basic accounting functions with ease of operation.

Pros

I can generate reports for by board of directors. I am not an accountant, but I maintain the nonprofit organization books. I keep excellent records, because GoDaddy Bookkeeping system helps me maintain accurate records. I can track volunteers hours, generate invoices, and produce profit and loss statements. I can pull up any information I need by date, expense, income, and so much more.

Cons

The one to two day lag in showing the bank account balance or banking transactions. There are times when by bank account reflects a different balance than my GoDaddy Bookkeeping system. Usually, within two to three days the bank balances match.

Danielle from DaniMagestro.com

Outright is the little brother of Quickbooks and other accounting software, and it's not a bad thing

I like the system because it works with limited work on my end. I just have to classify my spending and it's great.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this system. I also love the little mini reports it provides and the Schedule C tax stuff it helps me figure out. I like that it has invoicing built in and I can use Stripe and Paypal with it.

Cons

It just organizes your accounting, it doesn't help with budgeting or forecasting. Not bad for the price!

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

Needed something streamlined and simple. I just need the organizing so I could download a CSV to my accountant.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

I wanted something a little easier, less robust, less expensive with no additional fee to take payments.

David from City Colleges of Chicago

Manage your finances with GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

Pros

I mostly used this to accept credit and debit card payments for individual artwork I sold on my personal website or at art fairs. It's easy to use. The entry option offers a lot of features like accepting payments and keeping tack of mileage. I have a lot of products from GoDaddy so it's nice having these applications all under one area.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. For me however, for what I used this product for, there are cheaper options --and the starting point for this is already super cheap at $4.99 a month. However, if you are like me and only use this product every other month, maybe look into Square or something.

Kathryn from Splendid Colors

Easy to use but doesn't meet professional requirements

It was very easy to use except for when their remote logins looked like hacking attempts to my credit union. Then I couldn't pull in transactions, and I'd have to figure out what dates I needed to enter when downloading a CSV file, then manipulate the file to meet their import requirements, and upload the data. If I talked to three different CSRs about a data problem, I'd get four different excuses why it didn't work as well as an admonishment that they didn't support my financial institution. This hasn't happened with my new product (Xero). They also couldn't reliably filter out preauthorizations on one of my credit cards, so I'd have to search for duplicate transactions and delete the preauthorization. I also didn't like having to use manual hacks to account for COGS at the beginning and end of the year. Not legit!

Pros

Easy to use with no bookkeeping experience/training Easy to search for all transactions in an expense category or a specific vendor Easy to change expense category if I realize I miscategorized something Added several useful functions over the time I used it (split transactions and others I don't recall)

Cons

Depends on importing data from financial institutions but can't do this reliably Not auditable double-entry No inventory integration and official answer is "if you need inventory management, you're too big a business for this product" Can't transition historical data to my new software so I am still paying every month just to maintain access to historical data. (Yes, I can download CSV files, but I can't upload them to the new software and I don't know how to handle the data in a spreadsheet. I should probably pay an accountant to help, except they don't deal with Outright because it is not a professional product, so they probably won't know how to help.)

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

Back in 2012, Outright was free and we had a really good demonstration showing how easy it was for Etsy sellers to prepare our Schedule C. I had no bookkeeping experience aside from being let go from a temp job because I couldn't use QuickBooks in the early 1990s.

Ashley from Tutor Revolution LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Good Bookkeeping Platform For Beginners

I will continue to use for my business & personal needs. I send my CPA my info every year, and everything is nicely organized.

Pros

It is very user-friendly: the categories are easy to understand and manipulate. It is also not too expensive, and it is online-based!

Cons

The invoicing system doesn't work as well as other platforms. You have to buy all the features in one package, and it used to be free when just Outright. When Godaddy bought, charging started.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

Not as easy to use, and expensive price point.

Karen from CAREFREE SPAS & POOLS, LLC

Outright Bookkeeping Saves Time

Generally like having multiple years of business data on the cloud. Can import and export with it.

Pros

I am a busy entrepreneur that wears many hats including bookkeeping and tax accounting. The flow of transactions from multiple bank accounts to the bookkeeping software makes resolving my books straightforward. I can do my schedule C calculations fairly accurately from the data stored which is a huge time saver.

Cons

Some transactions have to be deleted and reentered such as Square deposits because the software categorizes it as an expense rather than a deposit. Also it does not feed from all banks so if your banker's software is old, Outright will not interface with it. I had to enter all transactions from scratch when my bank's software was being updated.

Misty from Cooper Counseling Services PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

MIssing some functions

It's ok if you just need basic accounting functions but not if you need P&L. But there are other accounting software programs out there that do provide that and are free and you have to pay for GoDaddy.

Pros

I liked that this accounting software had the option to scan recepits within the app and you didn't have to do it in a separate one. It was easy to implement and connect business bank account to software.

Cons

This software lacked the ability to produce certain statements my accountant needs for tax purposes. It doesn't have the capability to produce a profit and loss statement, which I think is a very common need for someone with accounting software. I also had issues with by business account getting disconnected with the software and it would happen several times a month.

Dan from Dan Nguyen

Industry: Law Practice

Schedule C Filers Look No Further

Overall, a great solution for sole proprietors. Automate your accounting so that your tax filing is much easier.

Pros

Syncs with your bank accounts and you can import expenses. Generates the Schedule C so you can file your taxes really easy. Price is fair. If you have a business and file taxes with a Schedule, this is a great solution for you.

Cons

Had issues with syncing with one particular bank, and didn't get a lot of help. Also, financial reporting isn't the same as full fledged accounting software. I also wish it provided accountant access.

Price and ease of use.

Carrie from Circle City Tours, LLC

Year-end Tax Info Gathering Is No-Brainer

Pros

Once accounts are linked to software and any categories unique to one's biz are set up, tracking revenues and expenses is a breeze. I have used this software since before Outright was bought by GoDaddy. I have as of yet had any real problems. It can generate any number of reports. And it has decreased my tax prep time from a couple of days to just a few hours. Worth the annual renewal fee.

Cons

There might have been some issues at the beginning. Quite frankly, I have little to criticize. This is the perfect software for a small biz and I mean small as in only one full-time employee. Possibly more specific entry names that can be saved for future repeats? Oh, I have not had to use Customer Support for some time; add n/a option button?

client support

outright is so helpful in accounts, with it you are able to manage your accounts with so much easy , its simple and affordable

Pros

this software has a strong support team that is always ready to respond to querries and any issues that a client might need to be assisted on. it is also very accurate and effiecient. i have had a very good experience when doing taxes and the end of the year.

Cons

it lacks a proper back up and some times it can delete accounts that are still in use. it also has issues with connecting to other institutions like banks. it also lacks some features that are so essential in accounting.

Olivia from Christian Relief Services Charities

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Made my life easier

I used Outright to manage and organize my business transactions

Pros

I loved that once I set up my categories, Outright properly categorized my transactions.

Cons

Some of my banks wouldn't connect/import with Outright

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

Outright was more user friendly.

keonna from Key Events

Its a ok product could use more.

I had got this to help online payments through my GODADDY site not very helpful I had to switch due to glitches.

Pros

the idea of virtual bills.

Cons

kept deleting my work and accounts.

Anne from A to Z Pirate Booty - eCommerce Sales

Outright (GoDaddy Bookkeeping) Does All My Biz Accounting for Me!

It is my lifesaver book-keeping service that as a self-employed, no other employee seller, I need all the help I can get. It saves me so much time and money from direct feeds from eBay, Amazon, PayPal and bank and credit card accounts. Thanks GoDaddy Bookkeeping!

Pros

As a one person operation who sells online: eBay, Amazon FBA and Craig's List, I needed a book-keeping product that was compatible with all those sites. And guess what, GoDaddy Bookkeeping is it! I used it from long ago when it was originally called Outright and have never looked back. It is connected to my online sales sites, my banking, credit cards, everything I use for my business. Once you set up your categories based on a Schedule C tax report, all the info gets pulled in. I give it a daily scan to be sure the categories are correct and to keep tabs on how much I'm making or spending and that's it. I can print a report based on custom dates, keep track of my taxes due and so much more. I couldn't live without this product! Thanks GoDaddy Bookkeeping!

Cons

Sometime scanning pages of 50-100 transactions can take some time, I'd like more transactions at a time to let me scroll and do a quick check of all the individual lines. But other than that, I LOVE this product! Way better than Quickbooks which I used many years ago. And it's web-based so I can log in from any computer!

I've used this for about 3 years now. It's a great fit for my online business.

It's easy to use/learn. Gives me a daily snapshot of where my business stands. Easily categorizes amazon payments and charges.

Pros

Amazon payments download directly into the software which in turn categorizes them for me. I used to HATE doing this manually and tended to lump everything together.

Cons

I cannot run a trial balance. Expenses need to be researched by vendor to make certain I haven't left anything out or entered duplicates.

Hannah from The Yoga Agent, LLC

Simple book keeping but keep track of the subjects of your money coming in

Overall I am very happy with the bookkeeping set up, it does take time to label each deposit and withdraw but it is worth it when tax season comes.

Pros

I like that I can see all the profits each month. It is really easy to print the forms I need for my taxes.

Cons

There was a mistake on some of the money coming in and it listed it all as profits for the year. This was incorrect information that I didnt notice until my report for tax season came in. That was frustrating but it was also my fault. I needed to pay closer attention to the titles for deposits.

Bookkeeping & Tax Estimates Made Simple!

As someone with a consultancy, bookkeeping is one of those necessary evils. Outright (GoDaddy Bookkeeping) makes it simple for me to keep track of my expenses and income and I can even set up automatic category assignments for tax purposes. It's simple, affordable, and it gets the job done. I can hand everything over to my bookkeeper for tax filing or do it on my own.

Pros

- easy to connect all business bank accounts, credit card accounts, etc. - ability to send invoices to be paid online - quarterly tax estimates based on payments & expenses

Cons

- sometime connected accounts time out and take a long time to resync

Useful tool for a reseller

I really enjoy this software. I am not looking to change my subscription to this software, as the reports are easy and helpful!

Pros

I love that this software auto-imports my account information. I don't have to worry about going through each transaction and entering it. It is so easy! I love the reports.

Cons

There is not a good way to filter by expenses. Ebay charges a million fees, and it's difficult to find expenses that aren't one of the hundreds of tiny charges.

Shiawtian from PwC

Affordable For The Basics

Overall if you are a small business, it offers the right amount of tools for the price.

Pros

I was looking to try some bookkeeping software and stumbled onto this one. It inexpensive and has a good overview layout of your business.

Cons

There are no individual logins for multiple users. Also doesn't have the ability to bill payment and project tracking.

N'neka from Images by N'neka

Basic, easy to use accounting software.

Pros

Easy to use & inexpensive. You can have it auto categorize expenses. It's much less complicated than Quickbooks which is great for solo entrepreneurs, side hustles, etc.

Cons

Not very customizable. If you user a merchant account, it duplicates all the transactions. There's one for the merchant account & another when it transfers to your bank account. So there's double work to fix it.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping

I started with Quickbooks, before the online version. They would stop supporting it and force you to buy a new version buy not importing bank transactions. I found Outright before their online version and have been using it ever since.

Sarah from Whimsicals Paperie

Great for Sole Proprietors!

I've used Outright/GoDaddy Bookkeeping for about 3 years now. I started before it was purchased by GoDaddy, and honestly was a little leery when I heard that it was changing hands. I have not been disappointed. I sell on Etsy and am getting ready to fire up my own e-commerce site and it's been perfect for what I need! I don't think it would be a great fit for everyone, but here are the things that I love about how it works for me: - Integration with Etsy (you see every penny in fees laid out for you) - Integration with all major credit cards and banks - The ability to separate personal from business expenses - The ability to quickly and manually enter sales or expenses for cash transaction - Ease of use (I'm not a natural bookkeeper or accountant - this makes it easy!) I went from manually keeping track of all my expenses to Outright and it saves me hours upon hours every month. It's worth the money!

December 2014

December 2014

Steer clear

Outright was never the most advanced or accurate accounting SAAS tool in the world but it did the job more or less I guess. It's leading quality is being super super simplified so that you don't need any accounting knowledge to understand it. It consumed financial data automatically which was a big win. So for a one-person business it cut down a lot on bookkeeping overhead. Then GoDaddy bought them out and instead of letting the product operate independently they rolled it into GoDaddy head first. Changed the name to "GoDaddy Bookkeeping", make you pay by logging into your GoDaddy account etc. Not long after the acquisition they basically took my account hostage and wouldn't let me access it again unless I signed up for a full year subscription in advance. GoDaddy invested a little into improving the software since the acquisition, but it seemed to have been a one-time facelift and the core product is still exactly the same as it was. I'm increasingly concerned they'll just pull the plug on it one day. And it's a little disturbing that GoDaddy has access to all my business financial data. Of the vendors I use, I trust GoDaddy the least, so lord knows what they're doing with my financial records. It occurred to me GoDaddy could easily start warehousing and selling my business data so I'm making it a priority to get off this platform ASAP.

Pros

It kinda worked. Very simple to use for non-accountants.

Cons

Owned by GoDaddy.

Outright Godaddy Online Bookkeeping for easy integration to selling platforms

Pros

This accounting package integrates well with Shopify, Amazon and ebay. So for us an online retail business this software really works well. It has saved us time on invoicing and other functions which would normally be done manually if we didn't have this accounting package.

Cons

For a client with ecommerce stores this is a great solution.

Maemie from The Tacky Turtle

Easy to Set Up and Use!

Great for many years until we needed better reporting capabilities.

Pros

Super easy to get set up, quickly import account info, perfect for the beginner or a company with simple books!

Cons

This software lacked the reporting capabilities we needed for our business.

Wilford from Smart Tech Computers Inc

Industry: Computer Hardware

Wilford

Pros

A great accounting package if you sell on different platforms. Shopify, Amazon and eBay for us. Integrates well with all these platforms.

Cons

I cannot fault this software for clients with eCommerce stores

February 2016

February 2016

July 2016

Gavin

July 2016

GoDaddy book keeping sucsk

This book keeping software does not do what they promise. Great for personal use but not for business. I was out of the refund window didn't have time to test it. "which I realize" I was in the wrong. But they didn't offer to give me store credit or anything. Got the software started using quickly realized I made a mistake this software is very limited for what it provides. Not useful for my type of business. I worked with support rather try to improve product they say well your outside your refund window. Not as good as it was when it was outright. I will slowly be moving my domains away from them. Does not remain linked to ANY of my banks nor does it work anything close to QuickBooks.

Pros

Too Simple great for personal accounting

Cons

not good for business won't even connect to banks or chase stable.

June 2012

Timothy

June 2012

Online Accounting Software that frees you from headache

I used to hate accounting! Fortunately Outright is good enough to fit my needs (which are not too high since I am a small business owner). There are two categorizations: Income and Outcome. Setting up new categories is quite complicated but once it is done you can lean back.

Pros

Good if your clients use Paypal

Mallory from Mallory Grimste, LCSW

Industry: Mental Health Care

Switched from Quickbooks and Never Looked Back!

I *love* Outright for GoDaddy Bookkeeping! Super easy to use, and understand for a non-bookkeeper like me. Makes it easy to know where my money is and super easy to attach receipts to inputs.

Pros

Easy to use, Easy to understand, Easy to input payments/expenses

Al Saudia