(11,051)

11,051

(2,935)

2,935

• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and easy to understand. The format is very clean and straight forward. Very nice."

• "I love the app. Easy to use and I use it daily."

• "It connects almost to everything. Very good application to pay almost in every single place and it comes very handy."

• Cons

• "Custom reports are great, but sometimes hard to write."

• "It freezes sometimes but other then that , i love this app "

• "customer service is good but a lot of improvements needed, unnecessary hold on payments, when buyer and seller agreed on payment why it need to hold the payment for new user?"

Browse PayPal Reviews

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

Pedro from Duarte Solutions

The Global Solution - but not the best

As someone who likes to solve problems and its willing to work around technicalities to make things work, PayPal has been a very decent experience. As I mentioned, I really miss some key features regarding recurring billing and checkout customization but, as an overall, it is an amazing platform.

Pros

What I really like about PayPal is that it is available in almost any country in the world and works with almost any existing credit card. It's also a great payment option because it has no initial upfront costs, which means that anyone can start using it right away. If, for some reason, you cannot have the money transferred to your local bank, PayPal will transfer the money to any dollar card you might have within two days. The fact that you can also embed it to your website or smartphone app is also great. You can also create a PayPal.me checkout, which will allow you to charge anyone any amount you need to charge in a quick and simple way by via a link you can share.

Cons

I think that the user interface is not the easiest to understand at all. PayPal also lacks on features when it comes to, for example, recurring billing systems (recently, they tried to improved it but the generated codes - to embed on a website - generated an error, which is something unbelievable coming from such a giant technological company), and the options to charge or personalize the icons are not the best neither. The $5 (per transaction) and 5% commission of the total amount you are transferring are not the lowest on the market neither. This is only compensated by the fact that they are the most globally accepted payment platform in the world. Finally, customer service doesn't exist at all and you must solve almost every problem and question by yourself. Google and forums are your only source of help. This is, probably, one of the worst things about PayPal. What happens if they freeze your money and you cannot withdraw it? No one knows.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal is, by now, the only platform that works in most countries of Latin America. It has almost no upfront costs neither and its international reputation transmits a certain degree of guarantee.

Kat from Oglesbee Wallace Photography

Industry: Photography

Good but has some problems

They wanted me to pay 10k or more for purchases that were authorized which is completely crazy to me but they are very helpful when needing to send money fast. More people use PayPal than other services so its nice for it to instantly transfer in most cases. I use cash app now and nit everyone uses it so I find myself having to go right back to PayPal.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. It was very easy to add money, spend money, send money, link to a bank or credit/debit card, get your own PayPal account card, take out money, or get paid through paypal. It has tons of features and they are all easy to use. The tabs are labeled so you dont have to search to figure out where you need to be to send or recieve money. It is also nice that you are backed up from PayPal when paying for goods/services. Very nice platform overall. The app is also very easy to use.

Cons

I dont like how they dont back you on friends/family purchases since sometimes I am paying a friend but want to be backed up without the fee. Just because I know them doesnt always mean I trust them to handle money for me. But the fee is small so I normally just use goods/services in that case.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

The fact that more people use PayPal and that PayPal can instantly transfer to banks or card instantly. Whereas square or others make you wait a couple days. During holidays I had to wait up to 2weeks which delayed the promise date and caused me to have to reimburse my cuatomer and wastd my money. It happens though and now I allow myself time.

Grace from Superior eye health center

An option for online payments

We utilized pay pal when quick books no longer offered a service for accepting online payments. We had to have something for our patients to utilize online to be able to pay us. This was a great quick and easy tool that allowed us to accept those payment for a small fee.

Pros

The software was easy to implement and manage. We were able to put it up on our website and manage payments within a couple of hours

Cons

The charges for payments received and limited options for customization. We were charged a small percent on every payment that was sent in and it did not allow us to customize the portal on our website much. Like adding an email or our patient specific account #.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

more acceptable by patients at the time, it was something they had heard of before

Siddharth from 4 Dollar Website

Paypal is the future of payments

We are using Paypal as a payment gateway between us and our clients to make digital transaction safer and more convenient. Its a bestpayment gateway for yourself or for your business, company or brand do choose paypal because its packed with the features that one needs plus theirs an amazing customer support and a sense of extra security so do consider paypal as a payment option

Pros

I started using Paypal lastyear and till date i use it as my top priority for payments to be made online. Next, I really like the ease of use. It has tons of features and they are all easy to use. Again theres a policy where paypal covers the return shipping costs upto a certain amount and its awesome. Its mobile apps are amazing so i domt nneed pc to acess it and best of the best part is that it allows to send and receive globally.

Cons

There's not much cons i have noticed using paypal but i would recommend Paypal to make people aware that paypal is ease of use even in India because when i share my paypal link for payments to my clients they think that paypal is a American company and so they dont trust it so much.

Nigel Masimba from Calmlock Web Design

One Of The Best Payment Platforms On The Internet

Over the years I've had an overall positive experience with PayPal. My main Peeve for a while was that accounts from my country could not receive payments. However, PayPal has now enabled business accounts for my country and I can now receive payments and create invoices on PayPal.

Pros

Ubiquitous, many people can pay with PayPal and many businesses accept PayPal as a payment method. Secure, they implement a lot of security checks to verify user identity as well as act as an escrow service to protect both buyers and sellers. Easy integration with online platforms and content management systems.

Cons

Support is excruciatingly slow and issues can take weeks to resolve in worst-case scenarios. That said there are only rare edge cases that need support most issues can be solved by checking the documentation or forums. I wish PayPal had its own debit card that allowed me to make physical card payments using my PayPal balance. I know I could transfer PayPal balance into my bank account but local bank charges are exorbitant.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Mostly because PayPal is ubiquitous. What sealed the deal for me was the relatively easy and well-documented software developers' API.

Torre from Hooked On Code

Secure and Trusted Gateway for eCommerce Shops

PayPal is a very easy to use payment method as a purchaser, but also relatively easy to use and set up as a business accepting payments, and as a developer setting up a payment gateway for a website.

Pros

PayPal has for a long time offered easy integration with popular eCommerce tools we use, specifically a free payment gateway option for WooCommerce. A very handy feature of PayPal’s payment gateway is that the purchases happen on PayPal’s server (not yours / the business’s) and the security is therefore managed by them.

Cons

Not much. It’s quite a bit more involved to set up a developer account with PayPal compared to more modern options like Stripe, but it works and it’s secure and well-known.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We actually use both in different situations, and we use both for our own company’s online payments as well.

Marilyn from Asia Pacific Career Development Association

Global Service

PayPal has many useful features . When I have a need, PayPal offers a way.

Pros

When other ways of accepting money from colleagues in other countries fail, I turn to PayPal. It is the one method that always works. The fees are easy to understand and reasonable. We see so many "Credit Card Failed" reports with other processors, and people get really frustrated. But PayPal always comes through for us. We are also happy that funds can move in both directions. Credit card processors can only issue refunds within a limited number of months. If a person registers early for a conference and cancels, we have no way to process a refund. So we turn to PayPal, which allows us to send money as well as accept money.

Cons

Integration was not an option for our association software. We have had problems using PayPal with specific countries (i.e. Singapore), but we haven't tried recently.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We use the other processors because we are forced to, but use PayPal when we have problems we can't solve with less robust solutions.

Joel Thomas from MHCSD

Great Support for Independent Artists

I use paypal to handle the finances, shipping, and disputes, related to my sister's e-commerce arts and crafts.

Pros

My favorite thing about Paypal is that they will support the seller when you provide appropriate documentation and evidence of your product. I worry that without their backing there are times my sister could have been scammed in her e-commerce creations. I run the shipping, and money, side for her and there have been times people claimed their items never arrived, or arrived damaged. When disputes arise Paypal is extremely fair to both sides, but ultimately sides with the evidence.

Cons

While fees can be somewhat restrictive, my biggest complaint is the lack of ability to leave paypal funds in your paypal account without paying for the paypal card. Meaning every transaction you do has to originate, or deposit, in to a bank account. This is a minor concern, but one that does get old.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Length of time in the industry, combined with buyer and seller protection for legitimate uses.

Jose from Integrative Medicine

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great tool for payment

Very positive, I really like the great ease of use and flexibility of this.

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use of the product and how well it can be integrated into many of our applications.

Cons

I do not like some of the fees associated, but they are outweighed by the benefits gained through the use of the software.

Moaaz from Retail

The perfect place to save and transfer your money

In general, this platform helps me a lot in receiving my money from various sides, especially because I work in the field of designs and have money at the site and that Paypal is always my first choice so that I can take this money. It makes it easier for me to pay the bills, transfer the money, and receive it from any bank near me. It is truly an ideal platform and I cannot give it up in my own transaction . Positives In my view, only the pros of the Paypal platform were divided into ten sections 1: Through Paypal, I can send and receive all my money from different countries of the planet with complete ease and credibility in paying the funds at rock bottom possible costs 2: Safety you'll not find a far better wallet than Paypal in saving your money and savings. you'll put tons of your money and zip are going to be taken from it. it's safe enough. On the PayPal platform, hackers are verified and every one transactions are monitored. If a rogue person is analogous to the platform, they're taken out and their account locked up. 3: Easy to use and fast money transfer, you'll not find it difficult to receive and transfer your money. don't be concerned about your bank mastercard information, their security policy is extremely strict, all you would like is simply send the person to the corporate and your email address, and therefore the money are going to be sent to you 4: Customer service has top quality and global and it's very easy to speak with them if you fall under any

Pros

problem, talk only to them, they're going to reply to you and that they will solve your problem needless to say 5: Commission is extremely cheap, unlike wallets and other electronic banks 6: Very easy if you employ it from the phone. Ideal for putting icons and straightforward to navigate the platform. I prefer using it by phone tons . the form and therefore the general interface of the platform are beautiful and attractive. 7: the power to pay bills to my customers and therefore the ability to shop for from various stores of the planet through the web , and once you open any website you discover within the payment options the Paypal platform that's everywhere within the world 8: you'll receive your money on a day to day and throughout the week, if you're employed during a fast electronic job and you get your money on an equivalent day, i counsel you with Paypal 9: Famous and with an excellent reputation among people and corporations , everyone knows Paypal, and this is often amazing in itself. you've got an excellent thanks to go if you would like to verify his friendship, and it's one among the foremost used platforms within the world on a day to day . 10: Continuous updating of the platform and adding features instantly increases your love in handling it and increases your confidence in it more. Okan Paypal tells you to not worry about your financial transactions, i will be able to manage it and you're comfortable with peace of mind

Cons

As for me, I had some difficulties linking my bank credit card to the platform but I went to technical support (customer service) and they helped me solve the problem

Francisco from Mateo y Sanz

The payment method that sells best

We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros

We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data. Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons

The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Their easy integration with wordpress, prestashop, well documented API..., the overall recognition between the customers, the possibility to use its own accounts method or alternative payment methods if any customer doesn't have an account...

I've Been Using Them For Years!

I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable. PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online. There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

Pros

PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business). I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years. The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included). After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over Stripe for my online business transactions because the PayPal setup was so much easier. Cash App seems more like a personal use app than a business payment processor.

Best extra layer of security you can get

I don’t even know where to begin when describing all of the positive aspects of this software and how much it has changed my view on e-commerce. Prior to establishing our business account through PayPal, my company was in a place where we didn’t feel enough protection against everything that can go wrong with using and accepting payments online. Opening up a free business account here was the best business decision I have made in my time here because it allowed us a chance to sell our extra inventory that doesn’t get sold in office through different online platforms, something that has proved its worth in recent events in the country. Now we are able to sell products and perform services for patients when we open our offices back up.

Pros

The most useful feature of the software I have realized is the ability to create invoices and shipping labels directly from the platform with the customer’s information already input into each order form. Next, if there is any chance that a problem arises between you and your customer, it is handled by their professional staff through their Resolution Center and users are given an added layer of protection as both a seller and a buyer. Last, but certainly not least, each business account created through PayPal has the option to create their own direct link with your chosen title, which will take their customers to a page where they are able to pay you directly, a feature that has proven to be helpful for in-person transactions that need to post immediately.

Cons

The transfer time that it takes for the money to exit your PayPal account and enter into your bank account is a bit excessive and I wish it were a bit shorter for the business accounts.

Ahmed from Cairo university hospital

Satisfaction guaranteed

My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros

PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons

I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

Ross from pandora

#1 solution for non-credit card payments

Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros

I use PP for both personal and business purposes. Personal: 1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions. 2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google. 3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable Business: 1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP. 2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature. 3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface. 4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress. 5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons

1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3. 2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer. 3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info. 4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001. 5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

1. More popular 2. Better business integrations

Anvita from Freelance

I Use PayPal Often

My overall experience with PayPal has been positive. It was only recently I had issues with the transactions not going through and my money being withdrawn then returned for each failed attempt but I never had issues before. I love how convenient and fast it is, and that I don't have to go get my wallet or type in card details. I also have used it when people had to pay me and I love that it comes to my account automatically and I can easily transfer it to my bank. Highly recommend taking a few moments to make a PayPal account for all these free conveniences!

Pros

I love how convenient PayPal is to use when I leave my wallet in the car or somewhere far from me and I am too lazy to go get it (lol) because most online stores I shop from have PayPal as an option for payment method. It is worth taking a few minutes to create an account for the amount of convenience during checking out. You don't need to type in your card every time either! I also like that I can log in to my own PayPal account and view my transaction history to make sure everything looks normal and that there's customer service available when it does not. I love the convenience and that most stores utilize this fast checkout method! I also like that I have the option to transfer money to my back for a very very small fee immediately, or that I can wait a couple of days and it hits my bank account in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there has been a few times where I check out, and the page comes to an error so I try again. Once I had to try again 3 times and the payment never processed. Next day I checked my bank account and I had those 3 attempts are card payment holds pending! It wouldn't be a big deal except the total in my account deducted for each attempt! Fortunately the charges fall off and the money comes back automatically when the purchase is not verified complete, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to several days to get the money back and it's not fun when you're running low on cash!

Sam from SAM'S MOBIL AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES

PayPal is the very best way for my customers and I to take care of business transactions.

I love PayPal, I love the ease of service, how widely applicable PayPal services are in not just or country but in the entire world. PayPal is accepted most everywhere and more people feel comfortable when issuing me for my services through PayPal. Therefore [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has brought my business actual revenue I wouldn't have had simply for customers being at ease with PayPal.

Pros

PayPal is hands down the best provider of Point of sale services and that includes any of the free associated with using PayPal services. (Just make sure you get the business prepaid debit card)!

Cons

The fact that they have so many restrictions and safegaurds. It is a good thing to have safegaurds in place to protect not only customers and your clients, but also in orienting the laws of our land, but really PayPal? You do to much and that's got to cost you gotta money.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal was cheaper, and more widely used and accepted then ANY PRODUCT I HAVE LOOKED AT FOR POINT OF SALE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE

Jayson from jays craves

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Daniella from Green Thumb Investments

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

Cons

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.

SARA from The Breathing Process

Industry: Music

Every Artist Needs PayPal

PayPal is one of the most well-known services in the world. It has achieved this status for a very important reason - it connects our ability to do business on a global level. You can transfer any currency within seconds. Security is a paramount by protecting both the sender and reciever. The site is user friendly, feature friendly, and accessible to anyone.

Pros

Paypal is my favorite payment portal. It is possible to link multiple payment types, like debit cards credit cards, and bank accounts. I am able to reach customers who want to purchase a product or purchase music from across the world and I am paid directly to my PayPal account balance. Once the funds are transferred I can transfer them directly into my bank account for no fee and the transfer typically takes a single business day. The user also has the option for immediate deposit via debit card for a small fee. So if you need the funds transferred quickly, PayPal has an option for you. I also use PayPal to send and receive payments from personal sales on Ebay and Reverb. The buyer is protected from fraud and holds funds until the item is received, ensuring that the buyer gets the item and is satisfied. This gives me peace of mind when transferring funds. PayPal is for everyone and you can also send money to family or friends. I have been using it for years and can't imagine not having the convenience of its service.

Cons

Sometimes reaching PayPal directly can take a day or two for complete resolution. So far I have yet to encounter a problem that wasn't resolved within a day.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal connects you to the most users and has the highest security.

Pay Pal for Graphic Designer

When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros

Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons

This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

It is very user friendly and it has very big fan base.So it is very help full to transactions with many people

Andrew from I.H.O.P

PayPal cuz ya gotta...

PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pros

PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Cons

PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

Brian from Amazon

The original virtual wallet

I'd say it started out rough but through perseverance and patience (on the customer's side of things) we now have a fairly good financial platform to conduct basic financial transactions with ease and peace of mind.

Pros

Longevity-- PayPal has been in the game since 1998. In my opinion, they are the original virtual wallet allowing for financial transactions to be processed with as little as a click of a mouse. Innovation- PayPal revolutionized digital wire transfers and made sending money between friends and financial institutions a breeze. They eliminated the need to physically go to brick and mortar locations which propelled them into a different class from their competitors like Western Union and MoneyGram. Security- Starting out as a software security development company for handheld devices known as Confinity, PayPal's notoriously safe and secure methods of transfer and payment processing is intrinsic to its core values. This level of security allows PayPal to continue to expand it's financial services to more than 200 countries and regions making it the go-to service for a plethora of small business owners, individuals, and even entire countries.

Cons

Customer Service- It's honestly atrocious. I'll admit that through the years it has gotten better however you better hope and pray your money doesn't get stuck in some transaction because you'll be pressed to get a straightforward response let alone a resolution from the "customer service" department. PayPal has definitely ironed out some major kinks in their systems however when things go bad they really go bad. I have had friends who've business accounts have been randomly shut down citing some obscure terms and service violations. Meanwhile, thousands of dollars of their money is being held hostage in frozen accounts. The process to recover your funds isn't entirely possible with frozen accounts which leaves merchants with money they are unable to access and steps to take that are not possible. I am talking years of legal mumbo jumbo just to get their money released to them... So I caution you ... TREAD LIGHTLY and read every bit of the fine print to make sure you are in compliance with their terms of service so they do not get you on some technicality which leaves you with a lifetime ban from the platform and o way of getting the money that is rightfully yours.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

As mentioned in the "Pro's" section above... PayPal has had skin in the game for longer than most financial institutions. Their ability to adapt and evolve with the ever-changing times has been proven. They have grown and adapted and at the end of the day continue to be trailblazers and leaders in the digital finance sector.

Great for sending and receiving payments

Overall I am satisfied with PayPal from the ease of sending and receiving money to know that my purchases are protected and my account is protected from fraudulent activity.  It's my number one go-to when paying online and when it's not available at the merchandisers website and I have never used them before I rethink my purchase and usually back out. No PayPal pay no buying for me.

Pros

I have used PayPal for years and I can honestly say that when using a payment app I recommend this %100! The first thing I love is how my friends and family can send me money or vice versa for no fee. I use their PayPal cash card to spend my PayPal funds the only bad thing with that is that the ATM fee's are upwards of $5 please change that PayPal please. I don't recommend sending it to your bank due to how long it takes to post to your bank and the fee you are charged. That's why I use the card that you can get free with your account. I'm mainly a buyer but I do at times sell things and it works flawlessly. The best part of it all is whether you receive or use it to purchase products etc. You have the PayPal Purchase protection first your purchase information is secured because they don't share your full financial information with sellers. Secondly they have 24/7 monitoring. Thirdly they have a dispute resolution if there is a problem with a transaction and I have personally had to use this twice since using} and PayPal was able to resolve the issue and I received my money back. Now it takes a while for it to finally get resolved but it gets resolved. I receive money to PayPal through completing survey's and other part-time jobs online and I have never had a problem receiving it.

Cons

When you call customer service most of the time you can not understand the representative that's supposed to be helping you. I've actually hung up and called back two or three times until I was able to reach someone I could understand. Secondly, this is a good and frustrating issue is that all the multi-authentication you have to go through just to long in. I mean it's great to know my account is secure but can't they make it any easier? And if your account gets locked oh boy that's a headache.

Ethan from Freelance Entrepeneur

Industry: Computer Networking

I use PayPal to pay my bills and receive payments.

I have not had any negative experiences myself but its a really good idea to thoroughly read through all of the terms of service before using PayPal to run a business as you should with any service.

Pros

One of the best pros I can list for this service is that it makes controlling your bill payments very convenient. When it comes to many services nothing is more inconvenient than having to call your service provider to cancel your services when you wish to stop service. I need to cancel various services from time to time to allow for fluctuations in my income as being a freelancer I can never know when I will need to "tighten my purse strings" as the saying goes. I use PayPal to pay my bills whenever a service allows me to because when you need to stop all of your superfluous services like say NetFlix or Amazon Prime, etc, etc PayPal makes extremely easy. All you have to do is disable all of your payment methods like debit and credits cards you have provided to PayPal and PayPal will not be able to make your payments and the services will subsequently not be able to charge you causing what ever services you have connected to PayPal to end until you update your payment methods. It saves me so much time because with this method I don't have to individually login to each service I have connected to PayPal and cancel them.

Cons

Its not an unreasonable practice but the major con in using PayPal is their fees for business transactions. When it comes to refunding fees when a business uses PayPal to receive payments for products or services PayPal charges a non-refundable fee when you use it to take a payment for your products or services and in the event that a business using PayPal has to refund a customer they have to take the hit if they want to give that customer a full refund and this can be quite a hefty loss depending on the amount of the transaction. So if you are using PayPal to take payments you really should make certain that you will not later need to refund the customer you are receiving the payment from, inform the customer that you will not refund the fees paid to PayPal, or charge a fee yourself for the customer to use PayPal in your transactions to cover any potential loses.

Kayla from Hillmann Family Home Repairs

Paypal Benefits Hillmann Home Repairs Business

As stated above, overall our experience with PayPal has been a positive one. It is a quick and easy way to receive our money from whatever jobs we have completed in the week, and we are able to divide our money to spread to our employees who receive a percentage of the job they are working on as well.

Pros

My husband and I recently started our own business and felt as though we needed an easy way for our clients to be able to pay. It is easy for us to provide the business emails to customers and they are easily able to follow the link to send us the money that is required for our services. It is reliable and a bit better than a bank that provides us with ridiculous amounts of fees for transfers and overdraft charges. It also makes it easier for us to pay our employees, which as I stated we are a small family owned company, so far we have two employees including my husband who is the business owner. When we do a job that day, we are able to send our employees their percentage of the job quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The only thing that we were not happy about with paypal is the transfer fee of 1.27 every time you go to transfer money to someone elses account. It seems a bit ridiculous to us, because then in order to pay our employee the proper amount, we have to worry about sending an extra 1.27 to cover the fee that they charge.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

After speaking to multiple businesses, we simply just decided to go with paypal because we were told many positive things. My husband and I use it personally as well as for business.

Adam from A.B Marketing

EASY ONLINE METHOD WHERE YOU CAN PAY FOR ANYTHING ONLINE WITHOUT ANY RISKS

Overall, as I’ve mentioned previously I do like Paypal a lot as it’s very secure and easy and very fast to make transactions to people or online businesses and it saves time not using your cards or putting in your card details. Apart from a negatives about freezing someone’s account I can’t really say anything else bad about PayPal. PayPal is the biggest online money company in the world it’s services and customer services are excellent so I’ve had nothing but good experiences as it’s quick, easy and accepted that’s all you want in a website to help with your money.

Pros

What I love about PayPal is that it’s so easy to use! When you start up you create your account and add all your details and bank information and it’s very quick and secure and it’s nothing to worry about your bank details being disclosed or threats of scam on your cards and finding your information so secure it’s on here is key and excellent as that a a top priority for a money site like this. I know a lot of people that avoid PayPal or companies don’t use online payments as people with credit cards or so on can get unwanted party’s adding money into your account or people finding your details and taking money instead. If this happened credit card and bank companies would help get your money back or whatever scenario you have, put it could take a long time for that to happen so you’d be dealing with a long wait and uncertainty to what’s actually happening. With PayPal though you will not have any problems with people taking your information or any fraudulent activity and if there was PayPal would be on the case straight away and would sort the dilemma and sufficient as possible as it’s customer service is excellent and making sure your account and money is closed off from other people. Lastly you can create and send invoices through your account to family, friends or businesses and this is an excellent way to send money and very easy to use without any hassle at all.

Cons

To be honest I’ve been using PayPal for quite sometime and I haven’t had. Major problem on it but there are only a few things which could improve the software, first of all chargebacks.... whenever you receive or send money PayPal will take a fee of your payment and if it’s on eBay for example it would take 5-10% of the transaction. Furthermore another situation is PayPal can freeze someone’s account and people report this to PayPal that there accounts have been frozen for no reason. The reason PayPal do this is because they check everyone’s transactions and if they feel like there is a particular transaction that looks like unusual behaviour like a very larger than usual sum being sent through there system they will freeze your account. When your account is froze it will stop you from making any transactions and you won’t be able to use your money or withdraw it either. In addition if you’re buying something online PayPal can freeze that money and it may refuse to list the ban until the item has been delivered which causes hassle and life difficult for retailers.

Ashkan from The Ohio State University

Industry: Civil Engineering

Popular and Trustworthy

I have been using PayPal for the past year, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to send or receive money or buy online. Compared to other platforms like Venmo or Cash App, PayPal has at least one advantage and that is popularity. That makes PayPal the most convenient money transferring app to use. Also, being a good app does not make you popular. The app should be perfect to become popular, and I think PayPal is very close to being perfect.

Pros

This is how I started using PayPal; I opened an account in a matter of seconds, added my debit cards from the banks I have account in and credit card info into my account, and now I don’t even use the physical cards anymore. I use PayPal for sending and receiving money and buying online. It is very convenient, and every online shopping website and merchant that I have used accepts paying with PayPal. My friends and I use PayPal to send money to each other every day. Recently PayPal has added a new handy feature called “money pool”. With this feature, you can gather money for a specific reason. I have used this feature many times. The first time I was in charge of throwing a birthday party for one of my friends. At first, it seemed like trouble knowing that I have to ask from everyone for their share of expenses. But then I found this feature in PayPal, I created a pool, and easily everyone paid their share. The money came right into my PayPal account in a matter of seconds, and thanks to PayPal the party was amazing. Another reason I love PayPal is that I can support my favorite charity in the app, which I find very convenient. Also, from time to time you can find great deals on online shopping websites if you pay through PayPal. I have used many of these deals and saved a lot of money by just using PayPal.

Cons

No matter how good PayPal is, there is still some space to improve. Sometimes transferring my balance to my bank account takes more than three business days, and it would be great if PayPal could improve the speed of the balance transferring process. Many of my friends prefer to use other apps just because of this and they need to transfer money instantly. Although there is an option for faster transfer, other apps can do it without charging for a fee. Also, it would be great if the customer could ask directly from PayPal for a refund, and not the merchant.

Shelly from Nestle

A way to receive any kind of foreign currency.

Although we have had some bad times with the payment platform in how difficult it is to get the money back, as well as the big money leaks from the commissions I must say that it only represents a part of all the benefits we have achieved using paypal as our online bank, it has allowed us to expand our business exponentially, helping to receive foreign currencies of different types and get better labor allowing us to pay you quickly and securely, helps us to have better control in the payment of our bills as well as in the control of payments from our customers, making it much easier and faster at the time of a transaction, something almost immediately.

Pros

It has allowed me to receive money from anywhere in the world, it is a great utility that has saved several businesses by not having the same type of currency at the time, this facilitates transactions and removes many limitations, as well as has given us an excellent security, avoiding fraud or scams, because once we had that problem by not receiving the product we expected and the supplier did not want to return the money, then we proceeded to a system dispute where we won with excellent success presenting all the documentation, in addition the transactions are almost instantaneous and has allowed us to establish a billing system by which suppliers or customers can make their payments quickly and successfully.

Cons

We have noticed that there are big losses of money through paypal transactions, in addition to an internal commission, there is also one for the amount you send, making the service and use of paypal is not the cheapest for small businesses, as well as having to convince with these high rates to all new users, customers and suppliers that we invite to use this payment platform. The dispute systems although they are very secure we have had to wait several hours, days and months for them to review all the proper documentation and then have to wait for the refund of our money in case of scams or fraud, making it somewhat impatient to use it.

Varun from Signal Peak Silica

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and effecient

I have been a member of paypal for the last 5 years. I have had great experience with them. There are new players in the market like cash app and venmo, but for me personally, Paypal has been very convenient to use. The only place I think they should improve is having better customer service when there is a dispute. Apart from that, I have no issues with Paypal and I highly recommend it to others to use.

Pros

Here is what I love about paypal: - You can setup an account in a few minutes. All you need is a valid email id and a bank account. - There is no fee for signing up not any monthly fee to maintain an account. - It is used by a large number of merchants both online and in store, all around the world. - You can send money to a friend/family member living in a different country via their feature called 'XOOM". - There website and their pone app is ways to use. - One can link a credit or debit card to their paypal account in seconds. - They have an awesome return shipping policy. If you buy a product online by paying for it via paypal and don't like it, you ca return the product and the return shipping cost (up to $30) will be paid by paypal 12 times in a year! That is hassle free shopping. - Once you link your credit card via paypal and shop online, your credit card details are hidden and you never have to disclose your credit card information online ever again. - They sponsor special discounts for customers that shop with PayPal at selected retailer stores. For instance, you can sometimes buy a gift card of $25 for just $20. That is a $5 saving you get for free.

Cons

This is where paypal can improve: - Their dispute resolution is not as great as the that of traditional credit card companies. In my years of having an account with paypal, I have had only once instance where I had to file a dispute for a damaged item that I received from China. I was asked to send back the damaged item to the seller without even getting a return shipping label. - I have had friends whose accounts have been frozen for no reason with no prior notice. However, I have personally not had any issues with them so far.

Christina from Digital Rx Computer Repair

Very Trustworthy!

I use PayPal multiple times a week for both personal and business reasons, and it's the easiest and fastest money transfer app I've used. I really like how you can choose to send money as friends and family or as goods and services, options are important. If someone buys your product or service and pay through goods and services they get buyer protection which is very helpful because I can't offer that on my own. Recently they added the option to instantly transfer your PayPal balance to your linked debit card or bank account, which is another great service by PayPal. They have a nice selection of PayPal credit, debit and prepaid cards and you can also get the PayPal cash card to easily withdraw money from your balance at a store or ATM. I love using PayPal, it's the only money transfer service I actually use because they make every transaction and transfer almost effortless. PayPal has great fraud security and ert you via email if they suspect suspicious activity on your account. Very trustworthy app/website! PayPal support is great, I love how you can choose to contact them through email, in app messaging, live chat or call them...these choices make it possible to reach out for help no matter your situation. PayPal nailed it!

Pros

Instant money transfers! I love how easy it is to instantly send money or payments to anyone by phone number, email address or name. Being able to link PayPal to Google Pay and Samsung Pay make PayPal that much more convenient to use. I recently upgraded to a PayPal Business Account and received my new credit card swiper and chip reader in the mail, and it pairs easily with the PayPal Here app via Bluetooth and now I can accept credit card payments whenever and wherever I happen to be. I absolutely love using PayPal.

Cons

PayPal has an internal security system that blocks certain transactions and there is nothing you or PayPal support can do to override it, you just have to wait 24 hours and try again. If your account mostly receives money rather than sending money and you decide to send money the internal security system may either block your transfer or lock you out of your account until you call them to confirm your account, they call this "suspicious activity on your PayPal account"

Ignacio Araujo from Self-Employed

Industry: Translation and Localization

Sill a reference for payments, but fees became too high. There may be better options out there.

PayPal is probably one of the first and most famous payment platforms. It's still a reference for freelancers that render services to foreign clients. I've been using it for years and never had any problems to receive and pay with them, as well as to withdraw funds to my local bank. However, their fees became too high if compared to other peers in the industry. Also, they apply a high conversion fee when you need to convert your foreign payment to your local currency. In short, it's a reliable and effective option as a platform, service and company, but you may expect to spend a bit more than 10% of your gross payment when receiving money with them. I've been looking for better options from a cost-effectiveness perspective, but still use them in some cases.

Pros

- It's still a reference in the industry. As a freelancer, I can receive payments from almost any client using this tool. - It's easy to use and you can quickly transfer payments received from anyone in the world to your local bank account. - It's a traditional and reliable company in this industry (an important point when it comes to your money).

Cons

- Fees became higher and higher. Now, I'm paying around 6,5% to receive payments from my clients using PayPal. - In addition to those high fees, they also discount a high spread on exchange rate conversions. Usually, you will convert money to your local currency with a 4,5% discount on the mid-market current rate (i.e., considering both fees, you may expect to be taken more than 10% of your gross payment). - Recently, they changed their policy in Brazil and now I can't hold a USD account with them. This means I'm forced to convert any payments to Brazilian Reais as soon as I get paid, which may not be a good option depending on the exchange rate at that moment.

Jacie from A-Lada Life Left Resale & Boutique

A-Lada Life Left also has A-Lada Time and money thanks to PayPal!

PayPal has helped me a lot sobmanage my finances and keep record of all transactions making it easy to duke taxes when the time comes, it is an incredibly simple financial tool that I have utilized numerous times as both a buyer and a seller.

Pros

The software is very simple and to the point t with tutorials to guide you every step of the way until you are ready to stop seeing them pop up once logging in, customer service is very friendly and most if not all issues I’ve had are resolved within 1 phone call.

Cons

The thing I am not too fond of is the customer service chat feature, most online chat services have an agent there ready for you it soon will, on PayPal you send a message and revived an automated message telling you that an agent should respond within the hour, I have very rarely had an actual active chat with a representative which in turn is very time consuming and draws the process out a very long while I usually will randomly log in at some point during my day and find responses to questions I had hours ago that I’ve already resolved on my own by that time, but as a mother of 4 ages in range from 1 to 11 and a one woman business operation based out of my home sometimes I just do not have a quiet enough environment for a business related phone conversation and a chat conversation is what is needed. My questions still get answered and they are very polite, I just wish there was an agent within 5 minutes or so ready to have a conversation rather than us basically doing the text equivalent of phone tag and leaving each other voicemails.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I enjoy the freedom and versatility of PayPal and the virtual wallet, it keeps things a lot neater during transactions

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Great tool for Buyers

Overall, as a buyer I've had nothing but good experiences with PayPal. Its quick, easy and accepted by a ton of merchants throughput the world. My issue is on the selling side. Small vendors whom get stung for frieght, the product and have to reimburse the buyer can cost them months of selling to recoup the costs depending on what the items are. The threats of charge-backs and the need for an iron clad case can be frustrating and intimidating for small sellers. The customer service on the seller side has been okay, but you typically lose unless you can prove that the product arrived as it was described

Pros

Paypal is world wide and world class software which is felt to be a very safe way to conduct business.. PayPal was one of the first types of electronic transactional consumer based tools to allow for safe transfer of money between customer and merchant. So, they have extensive experience with protecting your cash. They have streamlined their sign in process so that it can be done as easily as one touch with your phone or if you like a little mre security than that you can utilize the full app to do your buying. The service can be used not just for purchases online but because you can send money directly you don't have to use a service like e bay for buying - if someone is selling something in the newspaper and they can take PayPal - then you can buy with paypal. Paypal is convenient for buyers and they have striven to make a great experience for them.

Cons

For sellers PayPal can be difficult. Because they are an intermediary between the customer and the business you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for your money to be released. This is doue to the amount scams that are out there. Whats worse, is if you have a customer dispute PayPal pretty much automatically sides with the buyer because of the charge back threat from the credit cards. That is, its better for the seller to be out money then it is for them - that said, they do have a sellers guarantee which if you meet any of the conditions then they will automatically back you as a seller. It can be difficult to prove a case either way though and in those times of ambiguity - the buyer wins and you are out the money and the product.

Kristen from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

PayPal is trusted and recognized - Very Useful!

PayPal makes it easy and secure to send and receive payments. The sign-up process is simple and secure. It is easy to add an account. PayPal has a clean, easy-to-navigate interface that puts everything right in front of you. You can find your account balance or what you're looking for right away. You can send payment requests to friends or clients, or send money to others from your bank account. Many online retailers accept PayPal, allowing you to pay online securely.

Pros

PayPal is one of the most well-known, trusted, and recognized brands when it comes to e-commerce and online financial transactions. Because of it's recognition, it's a name people trust. Offering PayPal as a method of pay to prospective clients or buyers is an easy way to allow people to spend their money with you. Using PayPal as a customer gives you a feeling of security that less recognizable brands don't offer.

Cons

Customer support for PayPal is not as robust as one would hope for a company dealing with financial transactions. Additionally, PayPal is one of the many online companies that struggle to find a balance in mediating disputes between buyers and sellers of online products and services. This sometimes results in legitimate gripes about PayPal making it too easy for scammers to get money out of honest online retailers. This problem is not unique to PayPal and it will take the whole internet and legal communities to solve.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal has been around forever. I already have an established account and I am very satisfied with it.

Kevin from Ladbrokes

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Paypal is borderless and I can pay or get paid anywhere

I am very happy with paypal overall, I would like to keep using paypal for all online transactions and transfers. Banks are slow and paypal is convenient.

Pros

Nowadays I can buy most of stuff online and pay by paypal. It is supported by ebay and a lot more companies. It also integrated with ebay seamlessly, that I clicked buy now button and nothing else I need to worry about. It automatically converts currencies to my local currency. I can then withdraw it to my bank account by clicking a couple of buttons on ebay. When I am running out of cash and borrow from a friend, I can always transfer the money to their email address easily. From programming perspective, paypal has a great notification API that developers can integrate to build their payroll tracking apps and generate reports. It fully automated a lot of shopping cart processes for lots of online shops. It's resolution process is fantastic when I am having conflicts with sellers or buyers, paypal helpes to resolve issues and make me feel very safe to do transactions with paypal.

Cons

One thing I didn't like is I was using an individual account, at some stage I started a business and upgrade my paypal to business account, since then I always pay a bit extra fees and I can never use my individual accounts anymore. The currency conversion is convenient but the rate is never good enough. It is always on the low end of the current conversion rate. I always get scam emails who are claiming they are from paypal, there are a number of times, I almost get fooled. I hope paypal spend more resource onto the scams as it is threatening the users' financial life.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I think paypal isn't having much competition in consumer marketplaces. It is widely used in all sorts of online marketplaces. Mastercard and visa have their online payments as well, but they are never easy to setup and being used in many marketplaces. So paypal is my preferable options for all times.

Brandon from Beyond Taboo Tattoo and Piercing Studio

User Friendly Money Services

PayPal makes it easy to pay employees as well as make business purchases online and in store. You can cash a check (for a small fee) quickly using the mobile app. As previously mentioned, the ability to send invoices to clients is extremely convenient. It's just an overall great provider of money services whether it's for business use, personal use or both.

Pros

I like the fact that it can be used to easily send and receive money for business and/or personal purposes. It allows you to create and send invoices as well as currency conversion. Most of the services offered are free while the rest are provided at a very reasonable price. PayPal will provide you a personal and/or business debit card that can be used at many ATMs free of charge. When you consider that most of the services provided by PayPal don't cost a thing, you just can't beat it.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. I suppose I would like more options when it comes to contacting customer support. The 2 options provided (phone or online chat) are not always sufficient. I would like the option to contact support via e-mail and possibly even SMS.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal is more user Friendly and accepted at more places than the other options available.

Candace from Candace Gaskin Webb

Industry: Writing and Editing

12 years and still loving it!

I cannot say enough good about them. They have always been accurate, they have always backed me as a customer, they have always solved my issues while on the phone with me.. it has never taken more than one call to get answers. I have used them for 12 years and continue to love the ease of the sotware.

Pros

I have been using PayPal as my primary method of receiving payments from clients for 12 years. The ease of use is incredible. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't take long for the money to drop into my PayPal account once it has been sent. It is truly received within minutes! The other thing I love about it is when there is a problem, such as something I canceled still withdrawing money from the account, PayPal gives me the money back immediately and tells the person who did it to prove they were allowed to. Traditional banks go through an entire chargeback claim and it can take weeks. With PayPal it is while you are on the phone. They call it a provisional credit, while they investigate. They stand behind their customers! I have also used their credit card collection machine. It is a small device that attaches to my phone when I want to take payments, such as for goods at a craft fair). People can use their payment account or use their PayPal debit card to pay. The transaction goes through smoothly and I am not beholden to credit card processing companies for crazy fees. Paypal is much much less expensive.

Cons

On very rare occasions it will go down. I think maybe 5 times in 12 years it has happened to me. When it happens money cannot drop in or be sent out, so you are stuck waiting till they fix the problem before you can conduct business. However, I have never known it to take more than a few minutes to get it done. It doesn't happen much now, but a few years ago it was something I did not like. Also, the software is fee based, so there are charges for money coming in and money going out. That is no fun.

Beth from Health, Wealth and Fitness

PayPal Streamlines a Small Business's Flow of Money

PayPal is an indispensable part of my small business.

Pros

PayPal not only makes sending and receiving money super easy, with a business account it tracks everything and creates reports that come tax time makes preparing your return super easy. On the rare occasions I have had to interface with customer service, it has always been a pleasant and productive interaction

Cons

The transfer can be slower than other services. Other services can do instant transfer but for this you have to pay extra with PayPal.

Tamara from Engaged Marketing

Easiest Payment Option

After a photo session with a large family, the parents are often times a little overwhelmed with getting everything together. So I simple let them know that I have paypal. And pretty much every time they look relieved and glad they don't have to worry about another thing. It's a few clicks and the money is sent. It really is that easy. And I think it takes the burden off of my clients to try and remember everything they need for the day of the photoshoot. And I don't have to worry about getting paid. Paypal will send me a notification when someone pays me. Which is just another bonus.

Pros

I remember when Paypal started to show up on Ebay years ago. It helped do the basics of purchasing things more securely than just using a debit card. But It has grow so much more. I use paypal for everything. It's so easy to access. Their app I've never had issues with and its easy to navigate. I use it to pay rent, pay my phone bill, send money, and receive money. One of the things that I also enjoy that paypal offers is paypal credit. Depending on your credit score you are allowed to borrow a certain amount of money. First few months it was $700 for me and now its $1100. You get up to six months to pay it off. You do have to pay a small fee but if you pay it off by the 6 months there is no interest. Another thing that I just recently signed up for is the paypal cash. Paypal now offers what looks like a debit card (no numbers just a chip) and you can load it up with cash from your bank account and use it to pay for things online and in stores. I just ordered it (its free) and its in the mail on its way.

Cons

I do wish paypal credit would help improve your credit score. It doesn't impact your credit in anyway that I know of so you can't grow your credit score. Which to me is a huge loss since I use paypal everyday and pay it off right away. One other thing- though this honestly has nothing to do with paypal. I wish more companies used it! Its a secure way to check out yet it's only used by maybe half of the companies I buy from.

Very good, but needs some improvement to be best

I use it mostly for sharing money with friends and family and in this service, PayPal is second to none considering the ease of use. I found it very helpful for online checkouts. A lesser service fee and easier use of paypal credit would make their service more better and impeccable. Overall, it’s a great privilege to use such a nice money management system.

Pros

Paypal is the first money sharing app I have ever used. For their free transfer and instant transfer to PayPal account, I even now keep this app on top of all other such apps. Also most of the online vendors now accept paypal and paypal credit while it is very easy to checkout with one click, hence I use it where I have it as an option. Also I can transfer money from my paypal to bank account and vice versa without any fee. All these are the reasons I love to use it and have been using it almost everyday to split expenses with friends and family as well as using it for online purchases.

Cons

Their customer support is not that much responsive as you will find it hard to talk to a human agent over phone. Also most of the representatives I have talked to so far don’t seem to have a comprehensive knowledge of the system. The representatives need to be more knowledgeable about their service and should serve more promptly. I have faced difficulty to set up recurring payment option with my paypal credit as the use of this extension in their service is still not much user-friendly. They should provide more easier option to set payment options. I have faced issues with payment options as even after selecting a specific payment option with paypal checkout, I was charged from another payment option without my knowledge. Also if you mistakenly pay your friend using money protection feature, they will charge you a fee and there is no option to get back that charged fee even of you do it by mistake. They should be more flexible on such things. Also free trasnfer to the bank accounts sometimes take time more than usual which may mess up your monetary emergency.

Jake from Evergrow Marketing

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

Pros

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

It came down to pricing and functionality. PayPal offered the same features without the monthly fees.

Katherine from My Authentic Life

Industry: Mental Health Care

Ease of collecting payments from clients via PayPal for sole practitioner

Accepting payments from clients was easy. Transferring money from PayPal to my personal accounts was easy. I really enjoyed using PayPal for my business needs for the time that I did, however I was using a paper health records system in conjunction with PayPal, so when I transferred over to an electronic health records system, the EHR included a payment functionality that streamlines with client appointments, notes, etc. I prefer PayPal's operations over the one I'm using now, except for the streamlined and connected functionality of the EHR payment system.

Pros

The variety of options in what to do with the money held in PayPal after a payment was made. This included an instant transfer to my personal bank account for a reasonable fee, a standard transfer to my bank account for zero fee that would happen in a couple business days, or even just leaving the money in PayPal to be used for other things. My Uber and Lyft accounts were linked to PayPal for payment, as well as Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, and other things. I always knew where my money was, there was no wondering how long it would take to transfer from one account to another.

Cons

I was unable to accept HSA or FSA cards. I also did not have a physical card reader so my clients were either downloading PayPal in order to pay via transfer to me, or I was creating an invoice where they could then enter in a card number. As a clinician, I didn't like that it felt as though I was asking them to download an app, even though the flexibility was actually there if they chose not to do so. I would have also liked the option to add a 'cash payment completed' option on an outstanding invoice. There was actually very little that I did not like about PayPal however.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal was the obvious choice at the time. I already had a personal PayPal account and was able to start accepting money from clients right away without any hassle or hoops to jump through. If I were running a different type of business that didn't also require attached notes, 'superbills', and other medical professional add-ons, I would still be using PayPal as my primary way to collect money.

Lisa from freelance

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

Pros

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

Cons

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Daniel Alejandro from Godaca, LLC

Best Software to transfer Money Worlwide

We started our business about 3 years ago. Our first Payment Processor was PayPal. In the beginning, we struggled a little bit syncing the bank accounts, and then PayPal asked for verification of the ID, sometimes the process is a little slow, I would recommend make faster the registration process so is more intuitive and friendly for people that are not experts in the field. Overall Paypal has been really good for our business, and the tools that offer to send an invoice for a customer are really nice. the customer is not required to have a Paypal account, so they can pay with the credit card. The Invoice System is really fast to create an invoice and send it really fast. When the Balance to be transferred is more than $1000 and you are making a commercial transaction. Paypal charged by a percentage that makes really high fee compared to a wire transfer from a regular bank, therefore, when we are transferring high amounts we use regular banks because it is a flat fee of $40. However Paypal still stands really good for small amounts, and the transactions are made immediately. we really love the reports that you can download from their system which is really handy at the Taxes's time also, PayPal can be synchronize easily with almost any website system, and make the process really smooth and fast We recommend PayPal for Business and individual that want to transfer around the world really fast We Recommend to PayPal open their own Marketplace Thank you

Pros

-Easy to Use and Intuitive -Adaptability to business, especially e-commerce -Used worldwide for the best selling Marketplaces in the world (Amazon, eBay, aliexpress) -Friendly reports -Friendly system -Low Fee Cost depends on the amount of the transaction

Cons

-High-cost fee for transactions when required a high amount of money -at the beginning is hard to open an account and sync with the bank account. the verification by sign-in doesn't work correctly, so you have to wait some business days to wait for a deposit -There are some high fees for other services that they have -the credit provided by PayPal, interests are a little high compared to amazon

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Paypal stands better when there are Thousands of transactions involved. We like Paypal because also is Known Around the world.

AUBREY L D from Medical

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

Pros

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

Cons

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Orlando from Mercado Libre

A safe and simple platform for online shopping

PayPal was the first electronic payment platform I used, it was very easy for me to start using it. Thanks to this valuable platform, I can shop online, pay for services and also receive money when selling an administrative product or service. It is very safe and reliable, I use PayPal a lot because it is accepted in almost all internet pages.

Pros

PayPal has many positive things, I can receive and send money from anywhere in the world. With PayPal I can buy on EBay safely and instantly. There are also many websites that accept PayPal as a form of payment. In addition, I can send money to my family and friends. It is very easy to open an account and send and receive money, you only need the email of the other person and that's it, the money arrives instantly. Even if you have an associated PayPal bank account, you can withdraw the money to that account. Something I like is that I can create an invoice, customize it and send it to a customer. I can associate my debit or credit card with the account and that way I can make payments online without revealing the card details. The technical support is good, they try to help you when you have a problem, although I think they should improve a bit.

Cons

The bad thing about PayPal is that it is very delicate and for any suspicious reason they can limit the account, that is, you cannot send money to another person. That sometimes happens when you enter the account with another IP or in another country. If that happens you have to contact support and many times it takes too long to solve the problem. I would also like PayPal to have a chat system, that way you can solve problems that arise quickly.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

Easy Money Transactions

I have been using PayPal for over 5 years now and I think I can't abandon it anytime soon. PayPal made my life easier. Before PayPal, I had to go to my bank by car ( which consumes a lot of my time as the closest bank is a little bit too far away) to cash out my tuition fees and regular expenses. But now with PayPal, I don't have to do that anymore, my parents would simply transfer the money directly to my PayPal account and I can shop online without any effort at all! My advice, if you are not already a PayPal client, you should start using it. You will never regret it!

Pros

It's easy and simple to register in PayPal. All you need is an email address, a password and that is it! Once you register you can instantly start transferring or receiving money from your friends and relatives. You don't have to provide them with any kind of confidential information, all you need to give them is your email and they can instantly make a transaction to you! It's as simple as that! As a student studying outside of my country, My parents use PayPal to send me my tuition fees, money for food and living. All that happens through PayPal without making effort and without having to deliver it by hand. You can use PayPal to make purchases online. I use it to shop from popular markets like eBay and it works just fine! One thing I like a lot about PayPal is that it is very easy to use, even a 10 years old boy can use it for the first time without any troubles! it has a very simple (yet detailed) interface that no one will struggle to navigate through the different tabs. Also, I like how purchases are made within literally a few seconds, everything happens in a blink of an eye!

Cons

Honestly speaking, there is nothing to dislike about PayPal. Nothing! Although I might complain about PayPal not being supported as an available payment option in some big online shopping websites like Amazon or AliExpress. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal itself so I can't consider it a downside. Like I said everything in PayPal is just perfect!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 15,005 reviews