(14,458)

14,458

(3,871)

3,871

• Pros

• "What I liked most about this software was definitely the customer service. They were excellent in helping solve my issue and in a timely manner."

• "Easy to use and acceptable by tons of merchants/sellers. I also appreciate their support, as they have helped me resolves issues promptly."

• "I love how protective the company is and they are extremely reliable I love them they are just simply amazing."

• Cons

• "I don't like the dispute process for disputing charges for orders not received. I have had many times when i did not receive product or received not of quality product and was unable to get a refund."

• "The two things I hate about PayPal is its account limiting and favoring buyers disputes over sellers. This has promoted so much fraud."

• "It sucks, too many issues, too poor customer service, not enough accountability with the partnered apps and businesses such as eBay."

Browse PayPal Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 19580 results

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

Great to Use as a Freelancer

It's a site and tool that I've been using for years and will continue to do so. For international purchases, it quickly connects your bank account and you can pay with a few clicks which makes life so much easier. From my experience, it's also safe and will be great if it gets introduced as a payment method by more local stores as well. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to move your money or pay online, highly recommended.

Pros

I used PayPal for years in getting money earned from Fiverr to my local bank account. It's such an easy and straightforward tool that I always recommended it to other sellers as well, as opposed to one of the competitors which at the time had very limited features. Easy to use, user-friendly and works great in making that connection between freelancing platforms and bank accounts. Even more, I also used it a lot in ordering online as it was very advantageous when I didn't want to wait for the bank to process the transfer..

Cons

Although I rarely had issues with PayPal, I did one time experience a very difficult situation as my account had to be verified by bank statements or bills that should show the address that I live at with my name on it. The bank that I was working on didn't have that option to include address and as a student at the time I didn't have any bills with the address on my name which made it very difficult. Took a lot of back and forth with customer support which is why I would recommend to have more options available to verify users rather than the standard ones which don't apply to any location world wide. However, this was just one time issue and every other interaction with PayPal has been highly positive.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal is much easier to use and it gave me options to pay through PayPal directly when doing online purchases. Costs were also more advantageous as I wouldn't have large amounts of money to transfer.

Wale from Don Caprio Media

PayPal has two different sides to it

Although PayPal makes it easy to send and receive payments being the biggest company in the FinTech business right now, it is always advisable to use an alternative if available. For freelancers and professionals who deal with international clients, I would definitely recommend options like Payoneer over PayPal.

Pros

Millions of people use PayPal and this makes it easy to receive payment from anyone, anywhere. Being the most popular payment processor, sending and receiving money is always instantaneous. The security measures put in place ensure your fund is safe and secure. Although PayPal has a somewhat bad reputation, it does have some redeeming qualities.

Cons

In my country of residence, PayPal is almost unusable for freelancers due to several limitations. You're only allowed to spend, but the ability to receive payment isn't granted. This necessitates opening offshore PayPal accounts just to do business. Apart from this, PayPal might decide to lock your account without stating a tangible reason.

Ericka from Sunnyslope Pet Sitter

Industry: Veterinary

PayPal Uses Your Money To Make Money!

My problem with PayPal is they try to be like a parent is to a child. Saying it’s my money they are just holding it for me. If it’s my money then give me my money PayPal.

Pros

My clients felt their payment information was safe and secure with a well know company that PayPal is.

Cons

That payments for services were held no matter what for three or more days unless clients called them to confirm services were done or being done. Even then my company had to wait on client payments of services rendered.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

The PayPal name. It being widely known.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Quickbooks wasn’t as user friendly to put on my Website as Quickbooks was.

Ritchie from Producers Guild Member

The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements

I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros

The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons

One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal has more users in my pool of freelancers and a much more clear interface/ease of use for me.

Ozlem from Adviro Consultancy

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal was widely known and it was easier to use and transfer money.

Industry Standard for Lagging Behind

We have 6 business accounts with PayPal and overall the process is solid. It is super easy to setup and it just works. The fees are high but the trust users have in the brand is great. We have to use a third party reporting tool to get complex information as the default reporting is lacking. I suggest getting a business account and trying to get an account manager so you have a point of contact.

Pros

It is a known entity and works. Users know and trust PayPal and almost every payment gateway support PayPal.

Cons

Reporting is not great and take time to get information on high volume sites. Support is hard to get due to the size.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We use both Stripe and PayPal to give our users options.

Paypal is Number one ecommerce payment solution

I am very happy with the paypal. It is my life line to do business with chinese supplier

Pros

PayPal truly a an amazing software. Error free and high security for transaction from any where to any body. I have been in ecommerce business more than 15+ years. PayPal was always my companion. I think, if i count i have limitless, just precise 1000+ transaction. It records all my transaction

Cons

Dispute some time take longer the 15 days

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Reason is it is error proofing software. Security is the main, what PayPal does. I do not know, how i gone live with out PayPal

Paypal: The Easiest Choice for Business Owners

My overall experience with PayPal has been overwhelmingly positive, I can't recommend highly enough.

Pros

PayPal is accepted everywhere, its app and desktop site are easy to use, very user-friendly and it's a breeze to transfer money between accounts. You don't even need a PayPal account to accept money, just an email address. It's the most widely accepted online payment tool that I'm aware of. I use it for all my billing.

Cons

The only cons that I can think of is Venmo – which is a completely different service, but it was created by PayPal for the social aspect. Particularly, I think it's ridiculous that you can't transfer funds between Paypal and Venmo, even though they were created (and are owned by) the same people!

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I've used PayPal the longest, it's by far the easiest to use and navigate.

Tiana from Nexteer Automotive

A buyers best friend

We have never been burned. There have been a few “extra business days” during processing times but nothing that wasn’t communicated or easily explained. Most people have PayPal and their portal allows members to check out as a guest if they’re not.

Pros

The service support is great, especially when you are a buyer. They really do try their best to advocate for you.

Cons

Some people think that support is a joke. What I’ve realized is that most of that stems from poor communication on the end user part. You have to be clear AND concise. Telling your life story that leads up to the problem does not help.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We did not need the type of interface that square was offering. We also wanted something that worked better with other existing software systems.

Maciej from JJJRH sp. z o.o.

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.

ALEX from Marketing Elite Professionals Inc.

Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment system

Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros

As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear. Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account. It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped. I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Paypal was extremely well known and had the best reputation. The system was also much easier to integrate with my business account in order to receive payments. Zelle is well known by younger adults, but for business transactions I found that most of my clients preferred using Paypal as they were familiar with it and trusted that their information would be secure.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Online Payments

All in all PayPal favors the buyer because they have risk by not doing so. This means that as a seller you have to fight to win appeals. Its a bit frustrating when it can be completely a buyers fault but they still side with the buyer to avoid a charge back from the credit card companies. Other than unscrupulous buyers and the appeals process - the company is solid and reliable. It is used all over the world so you don't usually have a hard time finding a place that takes PayPal. PayPal is great as an extra layer of insurance on the products you buy. They have a pretty robust money back guarantee on fraud so you can count on them to back up your purchase. They have two costing models. One is for the higher volume business transactions and the other is for families sending money or charities etc.

Pros

Both the mobile app and the desktop application are very easy to use. The interface is user friendly and and intuitive. There are also personalized mini links you can give people to send their money to which is a handy feature that doesn't see the acclaim that it should. The apps themselves can store as much or as little data as you would like. The less data you keep on filed there though the more you have to enter in with each buy. Your information is easy to navigate through in some simple menu selections and a few clicks you can pretty much navigate everywhere on this site. On your mobile device you can set it up for express pay and you can keep your own personal profile up to date for payments for personal or business. All in all its very easy to use software.

Cons

The fee structure if you're not a trusted vendor can feel a bit trapping as there is a mandatory wait period before they will release your money to you. There is no way within the software to expedite the process and there is no easy way to contact PayPal in this manner. The other issue with the app is that once you enter in a debit card number or a credit card number the app won't let you remove it until they are clear that your account is clear.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

This is one of those cases where the competition each as a segment of the market so a person really needs an account on all of those as well as PayPal. The two I use heaviest is Google Pay and PayPal. Those two seem to be easy to find a vendor that takes them.

Archna from Punjab Kesari

PayPal is my only choice for international payments.

Pros

I like the popularity of PayPal and that it has a huge user base, so if the support team isn't helping on time we can still get help from the PayPal user community. PayPal is the most secured global payments gateway and nothing unauthentic can happen with our funds. With years of experience with PayPal, I can say that the website of PayPal is very responsive and very well made that can never crash or cause issues because of its very good optimization. The PayPal app for mobile devices is also very secure, has all the required features, runs very fast and has a great user friendly interface. When I work as a freelancer for overseas clients, PayPal is my only choice to receive payments and because PayPal supports a lot of currencies, I can receive money in any currency and get it converted to my local currency. PayPal can also be integrated with our organization's websites very easily with its API integration technology. Our organization also uses PayPal to pay for international shipments of goods and inventories for our organization. I use PayPal to make payments for various international services, I can hide my payment info and card details from non-trusted merchants by paying through PayPal. Another best thing is that I get Buyer Protection, means PayPal will help me if my transaction goes wrong or if the service or item I received is damaged or not satisfactory to me. There's a feature by which I can request money from anyone using their email ID linked with PayPal.

Cons

PayPal is best fitted for sending and receiving funds internationally, but is not as good for Domestic Payments because it is very less popular among local vendors and merchants in India. The currency conversion rate of PayPal is also very high and we have to face a huge loss when receiving money internationally. There's also a big problem with PayPal that is, it suspends our accounts temporarily if we use a new device to login or a new IP address and getting our account back to working takes really a lot of time. Their Support service is also very poor, most of the times they just copy paste solutions from their own FAQs and most of the solutions aren't even relevant to our queries. I wonder if they even read our queries properly.

Lee from Fashiuno

Excellent Online Payment Option with a High Level of Security

I'm very happy using this service in general since 2013 and it helped me to get paid for the services my company offer and also, helped me to send money and I made hundreds of PayPal transactions and I never had any problem. I will keep using it, and I will recommend it to anyone who's looking for a payment service with the best options and an excellent support team available 24/7.

Pros

I like it because It's a free option to receive and send payments anywhere in the world. Thanks to the website intergradation especially with Shopify I'm able to get payments through PayPal. The android app is amazing to manage everything in one place and also, I use it to send money without any problems. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my first choice when I pay something online because if something wrong happen I have the option to ask PayPal for a refund and I will get it without any problem. PayPal Protect buyers one than any other Payment services and I really full I'm safe and protected from scammers online and I can't trust any Payment provider like I trust PayPal. Transaction time is very fast compared to most banks I have used and I'm very happy with the great job they do. I like using PayPal to pay for goods and services online and I really find the "pay with credit card" option very helpful because I don't need to put my credit card details in some websites. I use PayPal for ease but, It also makes me feel safe using it and the best thing is they never held any of my funds when we use PayPal for business and I get the funds in my account once the product is shipped to the customer. PayPal support team is great and very helpful because one time I had a problem and I emailed them to fix it and they called me within 24 hours and fixed it in a few minutes.

Cons

The fees is a little higher compared to some payment services but, It's not a deal breaker since you will get more value compared to those platforms. I hope in the future they will add more options and features to the android app. I hope they can add an option to tell us how much money the receiver will get when we send a payment including the fees.

Dominique from Happy Transcripts

Industry: Writing and Editing

PayPal saves me as a Freelancer

PayPal has been perfect for me as a self-employed freelancer. I am happy that I chose it over the other options. I love how I can track all my expenses, incoming payments (which is all work-related income), and keep track of deductibles when it comes time for tax season. Also, PayPal provides self-employees with their 1099 tax forms and emails you your annual report of your finances for taxes.

Pros

I am a self-employed freelancer, so PayPal is essentially my paycheck every time I get paid. I am so grateful for PayPal. My money gets transferred to my bank for free within 1-3 business days without hassle. I have a constant inventory of all my income and spending because of it. Tax time is a breeze and extra easy with PayPal. I truly appreciate it. Sending money is easy and allows you to create a cute card or message to go along with it. Also, you can easily send gift cards. I appreciate how PayPal saves all the names/image of the people you've sent or received money from in an easily seen location on the dashboard. That makes it easy to either resend money to the same person, or request money if need-be.

Cons

My one and only complaint about PayPal is that when I originally signed up, I was signing up as a personal profile. Eventually, my PayPal ended up becoming for business use only, BUT PayPal doesn't allow you to edit your username so I'm stuck with the same name. I can't get a new PayPal because it's connected to all my information with my business including my email, etc. So, this is really a huge, huge inconvenience and frankly, an embarrassment for me.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I tried Square and wasn't fond of it immediately. Cash App I did use for longer, but PayPal has more options and is better for long term use and professional employment purposes. I felt Cash App was too focuses on BitCoin which I didn't like.

Anna from Retail

Helping a College Student get by

Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pros

PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Cons

There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I like how secure PayPal is over Venmo. I am protected if any business issues are encountered.

Tyler from twaitecreate

Industry: Graphic Design

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly. Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences. Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use. The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized. No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes. No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick. The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need. No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"

Tiffany from Mirrored Flames Artistry/J&T Infinite Flames Artistry Ltd.

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pros

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

PayPal easily connects our non profit business with donors.

For anyone trying to solve a purchase/payment problem without having a formal bank arrangement, this is a great solution. And its software can be included with almost every POS system we looked at.

Pros

We needed away for our non-profit fundraising arm, which is separate, to sell product and collect funds for their initiatives, but with a paper trail that helps us document those donors and their activity. PayPal was very simple to integrate into our point-of-sale system, like it literally took one minute. The reporting and transaction history is thorough and allows for refunds, shipping, and every kind of documentation we need.

Cons

The portion that PayPal takes per transaction is a little high, for us, but we do see the value. It would be helpful if the organization (vs. a person) could have a log in, maybe with multiple users.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We actually use both; one connects to our volunteer org; the other connects to our authorize.net account.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Our system for collecting money is a ticketing system. So it was not very flexible for products, which we moved to after Covid. Also, we needed our independent volunteer arm to do the actual collection.

Best Money Management for me Personally and with my business

I love this business solution. I don't know how i would have grown so fast without this service. PayPal was easy to set up when I started my business. After 5 years this is still my first choice to take credits cards in my store, on the go though Facebook and even my website. I even took advantage of the PayPal working capital loans to keep up with my growing business .

Pros

Paypal makes everything easier: getting paid, sending money, sending invoices, buying supplies, using a credit card and having a credit card reader for my store and all my vendor shows on the go.

Cons

I wish the credit cards statements were easier to read and more streamlined with everyday charges, payments ( Debits and Credits) and fees. Also my credit card readers had an internal battery that only lasted 2 years. The new reader has to remain -plugged in not to have a delay in usage and the credit cards fees keep increasing over the years

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal set me up for free, answered all my questions on my first customer service call. sent me free reader and the the credit card reader stopped working they replaced it with a better reader for FREE - They earned my Loyalty over and over. .

Lisa from Prine’s Finds and Designs

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

PayPal review

Since integrating PayPal with my personal and business affairs my life has been less stressful. I never go to a bank anymore because there is no need as PayPal has made everything available for online transactions. Overall my experience has been extremely helpful and relieves the amount of stress caused by financial transactions and banking.

Pros

PayPal has been a life saver to me as it makes money transfers and online transactions easy and fast with no wait time. Navigation through PayPal is so simple a five year old could do it. I am able to do business with all my other business colleagues on or offline effortless. There is even an option for automatic transfer so it’s a complete no brained. Also investing in cryptocurrency with the touch of a finger is absolutely brilliant. Instead of your money just sitting there you can invest it and watch it grow.

Cons

To be honest there is nothing I can say about PayPal that they could improve on except maybe more businesses should use them so as to be as accessible as say Visa or MasterCard however I have noticed that is rapidly changing so really I have no complaints thus far and I have used PayPal for a couple of years now.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I was simply going to try PayPal to play a game I wanted to pay and then I started using it more and more for other transactions until it became my number one source for handling all my online financial transfers.

Michael from Dr. Schär

Simple payment provider, but with some limitations

In general, we are nevertheless satisfied with PayPal. The service offers numerous payment methods (depending on the country) such as PayPal, credit card, bank transfer/Klarna, etc. The fees are higher than with other providers, but the service (especially the PayPal Express Checkout button) is simple and easy to set up - even for the inexperienced users with a little training.

Pros

Signing up for PayPal Business is very easy, you have to provide some information about the business (owner, address, ownership shares, etc.) and you are ready to go. PayPal Business can be connected to existing shop solutions, or you can create a "PayPal Checkout" button yourself. We only wanted to sell one product, so we chose Paypal because of the Express Checkout button. With simple clicks you can specify design, price, VAT, etc. and receive a code snippet which you can easily integrate into an existing website. The PayPal dashboard shows all the information about orders, allows you to add tracking information, etc. Transferring the amount to your own bank account is also very easy. PayPal is offering a community support centre where you can find answers to almost any question you might have when trying to get started with PayPal Business.

Cons

As simple and popular as PayPal is, some things were incomprehensible to us: - Getting started: even though PayPal offers extensive documentation for developers, it is hard to find your way around as a beginner at first. PayPal could be interesting especially for people who don't want to invest in a real shop and want to add a payment option for e.g. 2-3 products on their website with a few simple steps. Nevertheless, we have struggled with some problems (see below). - Sandbox mode: this is a test environment which allows to test payments etc. How to exit the sandbox mode when creating the "code" was not properly described anywhere. In the sandbox mode, we were also unable to test whether buyers receive confirmation emails on the payments (this is also not described anywhere else) and what these look like. - Blocked balance and tracking: PayPal blocks the paid money at the beginning, because PayPal wants to make sure that we are serious sellers. This is also ok. By providing the tracking information, the money is released within 1-2 days. We shipped via DHL, but DHL is not supported by PayPal as a parcel service, so we had to specify "Other" -> "DHL" (entered manually). However, the buyer received an email with the tracking number which was sent by "Other", which caused confusion among consumers. - Support: the support usually answered our mails only after 1 week and without mail with added value. The mails were standard answers.

Simpleness, easiness of implementation

Castro from Acwict

Best for Online Money Transfer

My overall experience using PayPal has been awesome. I have managed to do online transactions with people located from different parts of the world. With PayPal, I can now do business with clients from any part of the world as I am assured of instant payments from PayPal.

Pros

I like how secure PayPal is. This means that your money is only accessible to you and you alone. If anyone tries to log in to your PayPal account, PayPal with alert you immediately and they will even require the person logging into your account to verify themselves. I also like the fact that transactions on PayPal are instant. Once the sender clicks on send, the recipient receives that money immediately without any delays. For users residing in Kenya, PayPal has partnered with Safaricom's M-pesa. This makes it easy for them to withdraw money from PayPal to M-pesa, which is also instant. I also like the fact that I can link my local bank with PayPal and be able to withdraw my money from PayPal to bank.

Cons

What I like least about PayPal is the way they temporarily hold your money for no reason even if it is from a genuine source. This is not good at all. Some times someone might receive money send during an emergency and then PayPal just decides to hold it for 24 hours. I also do not like how PayPal suspends users accounts. If they are to do so, then it would have been good they get enough evidence before closing the accounts. Sometimes these accounts might be closed with money on them. It gets difficult convincing them to give you the money that was saved there before the account was suspended.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal seems to be old in the game and they have exactly what I need. Their customer support is superb.

Extremely Easy - Safe - The Future

I would 100% recommend everyone to use Paypal as I believe their system will be the future to payments, especially after the pandemic ends and people are conscious about physical money and cards. Their new QR code payment system may become the norm in the coming years, similar to how the app WeChat is used for most online and in-person purchases in China. There are very few negatives to using Paypal in my own experiences.

Pros

The user interface for Paypal is as simple as it gets. Instead of clicking on multiple tabs, everything a user needs to see is on the home page when they log in - send/request money buttons, recent transactions with users, account balance, Paypal credit balance (as well as available credit and minimum payment due date), and banks/cards that are connected. The Paypal credit system is a huge plus - barring a credit limit, you can use Paypal Credit just like a credit card and pay off the credit over time (the first 6 months being interest free). This makes payments extremely easy if you have enough money to pay but are not comfortable completely paying everything at once. Paypal is used on almost every online store which makes them extremely convenient to use compared to any other online payment system. Another huge advantage to Paypal is the security - they will alert you immediately if there is suspicious activity and also have two factor authentication (which I think should be required if it isn't already).

Cons

In regards to livestreaming, some livestreamers had issues with people donating money to them, charging back the money to spite the streamer, and then Paypal would side with the people charging the money back. Streamers would then end up losing money since they had to pay fees on the chargebacks. As far as I know, this situation is better for streamers but I think Paypal should still listen to their consumers more about problems relating to this as it was an ongoing issue for a while.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Perfect Payment Platform for Personal and Business use.

Paypal helps me to accept Credit and Debit card payments from my customers and it also, helped me to gain trust because it's safe and secure and I never had any problem with it. It also, helped me to grow and perform better online and I don't need to worry about my payments not being transferred to my account because with Paypal I get it instantly in my account. With Paypal I don't get just a Payment Platform I get more than that with Paypal I can really grow and get our Business to the next level. The company is doing a great job, and I hope we will get a lot of cool and useful features in the future and I'm sure my great experience will continue with them for years.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and I really like the clean UI and I have everything I need in just one place. One of the best Payment Platforms and I use it for my business for years now and I really never had any problem with them. The support is great too and if I need anything I just email their support, and they will get back to me and call me in less than 24 hours and I really like their support. I had an amazing experience with them for +7 years, and I still use Paypal to receive daily payments from my Customers and to send money to my family/friends and pay for services and goods. I like the Express Checkout option for the websites, and I use it for Shopify and It's fast, secure, and easy to use to get credit card payments from my clients/customers. I also, like their mobile app it's very easy to use and I can see my store transactions in one place. It allows me to add my credit/debit cards and my bank account to the platform and I can use my credit/debit card to purchase products online or to send money from it. They have a lot of accounting and financial stuff and they send me monthly and yearly reports to see how my store is performing. I can add different currencies to my account, and I can convert between them in one click. I like the mass payout option too because It allows me to send payments to my VA's at one time and I don't need to do it manually for each person. They have integration with almost every e-commerce platform in the world Etsy, Shopify, eBay...etc.

Cons

They can allow us to use our PayPal balance to purchase online I don't know why we don't have this feature available for Paypal users in Algeria. Paypal fees are a little high especially if you receive an international transaction from another Paypal user. but, after all, we get a lot of useful tools and features and the support is great too.

Joseph from Public Radio

Paypal now does Cryptocurrency!

The only complete I've ever had with PayPal is they have horrible customer service. Often you have to leave a message that goes unanswered for weeks at a time. If you lose your PayPal card, I'll report it stolen, it's almost impossible to get them to issue a new one. Without the card though, I've used it on every website that I buy things on. Almost every major online retailer, allows for a PayPal sign in. Sales are easy, and you can even use cards that you have linked to the account, when your PayPal balance is low. I do recommend that you keep your phone number and emails constantly updated on your Paypal account. Often times these are roadblocks when trying to verify for online purchases. If your phone number is not right it will not send you the OTP, that is used to verify your identity. I would actually recommend PayPal to friends. Especially the ones that are ignorant of cryptocurrency like I was. I believe it's going to be a great trading tool for the future.

Pros

I've been a user of PayPal for years. Not only is it helped me make many of payments online, it's help me pay my friends when they were in a jam, and even buy things off of total strangers on forums. with PayPal you can send money with a couple clicks, or touches depending on the interface you use. The PayPal mobile app allows for fingerprint unlocking, which has made it even easier to use.

Cons

I like that PayPal now allows you to buy cryptocurrency. I have often wondered about getting into this world and buying some, yet I was too afraid of all the fancy wallets, and terminologies. Now with the same ease that you use to pay friends or online bills, PayPal allows you to buy and sell, four different types of cryptocurrency. With my PayPal app alone I've made more than $50 this week.

Best buyer protection! The company is serious!

I can say using Paypal saved me a lot of money from scammers, thank you Paypal! Once, I saw a product on a website that I really liked very much and it was really cheap! So, I thought a lot about it and I did give it a go since Paypal was one of the payment methods available. What happened next? The item never arrived! I was really angry about it and I decided to open a dispute on Paypal. Paypal asked the seller for the tracking number and of course, the seller couldn't provide one. What Paypal did? They gave me my money back! I was really happy to get the money back! This didn't happen just once! It has happened a few times since I started using Paypal for the first time. Every time this happens, Paypal returns my money! Every time I need to make a purchase I look for Paypal, indeed! Thanks Paypal for letting my purchases safe!

Pros

Paypal in 2020 is now a famous online financial service that allows you to pay for items 100% secure! Yes, you heard me right. One of the best advantages of this company is "almost" accepted in every shop in the world. You put your card details in your Paypal account and that's it, you're good to go to use Paypal on your favorite shop! With Paypal, you don't have to worry about putting each time of your purchase your card details, Paypal saves your card details securely and saves you a big time! Also, they implemented a nice feature, it's called OneTouch payments! You can activate this feature on your account and each time you make a purchase you just need to ... "Click" one time, and voilá, you bought something! Paypal really cares about you and if you experience a bad purchase, Paypal will definitely help you out retrieving your money back, 100%! Finally, if you're a seller, using Paypal for your business is a good choice. Good fees and you're also protected from bad buyers! In simple words? Paypal is easy to use and secure!!

Cons

However, Paypal is not perfect. Paypal is free to use, but when you receive money from someone else, it charges you % amount from the total. But hey, it's fair. They need to make money to keep giving us a good quality service!!

More Than Just a Payment Gateway

PayPal has made online shopping easier for me because of its secure nature and the fact that they always ensure the buyer's protection. I am also a seller in ebay and their connectivity with that platform helps me a great deal in receiving my payments at a small fee. Receiving money for my professional services is just as superb as those features.

Pros

With all the features packed in this software, the top-most in my list is PayPal's ability to make secure payments and guarantees. When I was working remotely and part-time for the company I am working for now, they used to pay me via PayPal. Not only was my payment fast, it is also secure and I can use my local bank in my home country to deposit my PayPal balance to. Oftentimes, I choose to keep the money in PayPal because it allows me to securely pay for online purchases. If I see a PayPal logo in one of the payment options in an online store, then I know I am safe. Their customer support is also commendable, very easy people to talk to and will take time to sincerely understand your inquiries.

Cons

Of course, tight security is always combined with some inconvenience. I made sure that my PayPal is enabled with 2FA using my US phone. When I travel to my home country, it is expensive to use roaming so I usually use a local cell number instead of my US number. This is where it becomes difficult for me to use PayPal because I cannot login at all or use it for online purchases because of this security I placed. It's not really much of inconvenience since I don't travel a lot of of the country, still, I wish there's an easier way I could switch to one security mode to another. Maybe it might be better if they support an app-based 2FA like Google Authenticator so I don't have to worry about logging in whether I have access to my phone or not.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal seemed to be easier and cheaper on fees so my employer switched. Also, I believe back then, it was safer and more secure - of course, this switch was before PayPal's acquisition of Xoom in 2015.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it. The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Many people already use PayPal so it's easy to do transactions using PayPal. Not so many people use cryptocurrency and some people aren't convinced to switch. I found it easier to just use PayPal as many people already use it.

Sarah from PaintLine

Great for both businesses and personal use!

PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We considered Stripe when setting up our business commerce accounts for our company, but we ended up going with PayPal since it was a little more user-friendly. The transaction fees are comparative, but we like how easy it is to pull historical statements from PayPal. We also feel like it's a little more professional since it's been around longer.

Sarah from Individual

Linked and Loaded

My overall experience with PayPal, for the last decade, is that they're a solid 8.5 company with a great cash card that's easy as pie for relatives and friends to load for you in a bind, lots of controlling your own spending features, and an easy safe way to checkout on 3rd party sites without further compromising your banking information. Their customer service personnel are helpful, polite, and patient...as long as you have the time to wait for the assistance. It's kept me loyal for almost 12 years, and there's not another rival on the market even close to handling purchases easily or securely, they just aren't the best as a stand alone banking source or to handle your linked accounts money. if you can maintain a PayPal balance that's really all you need to do to alleviate the frustration from the banking end

Pros

PayPal offers some of the most reliable ways to pay for online purchases third party, when I see the little PayPal symbol on any app or website that I'm trying to purchase a product off of, I almost always gravitate towards it because PayPal safely recalls all my banking or credit card details and saves me time digging out a card or tracking down my wallet spur of the moment. PayPal also has excellent protection policies in place for peer to peer transactions, ensuring I have somebody on my side if my peer to peer sale goes pitifully to poor. PayPal emails me receipts for each purchase, let's me toggle my card on and off at will, and if with my PayPal cash cars in hand, I can literally receive INSTANT funds sent from any family or friend with PayPal, including my sister in Germany. If only it money transfer from my linked bank account to my PayPal account were easier or faster, but this is their biggest downfall.

Cons

PayPal toots their "security" horn perhaps louder than any other feature, but with good reason--as in the decade I've been a loyal PayPal customer, I've only had one breach of privacy or security. This particular breach was a result of my own personal life and nothing at all to fault PayPal for, and they linked me up with their 3rd party online check cashing company immediately to help me resolve the issue. PayPal has a decent A.I. HelpBot and customer service is always 24 to 48 hours behind the Bot with customized solutions and help . Their system automatically notifies me via email when I have a message from customer service, too, which is especially helpful considering their app's chat feature is not especially designed for being used from smartphone. The chat portal, even via desktop, is rather cramped and clunky and if you navigate away from it in any way (like oh I don't know in case your phone rings) you lose your connection to the window. However, the alternative to using the online help center is to call in to their telephone support line and while the system allows you to put in your number to save your place in line for PayPal to call you back so you don't have to wait on hold, a very thoughtful allowance, there are definitely times where my wait for a call back has been over four hours, and if you miss the call for any reason, you are screwed and you have to start over at Square One...which couldn't be more frustrating.

‪Mohammed from Freelancer

paypal review - esshaimi

Pros

Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons

Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time. In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account

Faith from Depop/instagram

PayPal is a well rounded service

My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is pretty positive. And of course as a seller it’s going to be more difficult as you have too build a basis for yourself so you can come across as trust worthy. It seems the app really has a no scammer policy for the most part, and I believe most disputes are opened and handles fairly if not a bit extended and over due. I think that the buyer protection is a very amazing option that not many other concealed cash apps have, and I think the app has very good security for the most part. Overall my experience as a buyer and seller are both positive.

Pros

Very functional for small business owners, or if you run a shop on Instagram or etsy, even through your own website. You can pay for things instantly, using your thumb print through your phone as affirmation of payment. Instant transfers/wires too your bank account with a very affordable fee. The app is free to download and use, and you the exchange rates between different currency is also very good and the fee is feeble and affordable. The outlines of the app are very too the point and it’s very easy to use after confirming who you are and connecting your bank account, and if you don’t want too connect your bank account you can use your PayPal balance with a PayPal card which is very convenient. It’s very easy to send money all over the place, you can also send money through friends and family which won’t charge you a fee no matter where you send it or you can pay a small fee and have a 180 buyer protection over whatever product you bought, no matter who or where you bought it from. Including open disputes that last for 21 days Until resolved or refunded. Overall a very well rounded app and outlined nicely with a lot more pros than cons.

Cons

I think that customer service is very poor, even before the covid 19 out break, it takes a little while for them to process disputes. You also have to be careful of people who will scam you, you can not be refunded if you don’t go through goods and services. At least not all the time too my knowledge depending on the case. It’s hard to get in touch with an actual customer service rep, they have an automated system to help answer frequently asked questions or problems you may be having. Which doesn’t answer a few of the more difficult dispute problems that have occurred personally through the past. Also pending transactions are a thing and sometimes your money that has been wired too your pay pal balance may be unavailable too you for 21 days and it’s very hard to open a dispute about that so you can access the money in your account. Pending transactions usually happen when you are a new seller or if you are selling through a website or social media account connected too your pay pal for the first time. It doesn’t help when you have to pay the app your using it throughs, seller fees. And has sometimes made my bank account negative when I needed it. Boosting customer service and paying attention to the minor pending errors and sometimes the app will shut me out in a certain amount of time or not register my thumb print. Minor errors.

Jason from JohnTech

Highly Recommended Product

Paypal is a excellent service for any e-commerce solution people with or without paypal can securely enter info for payment without any fear of identity theft, scam, or leaked info. Their Top security makes them our number 1 choice 5 years in a row.

Pros

Paypal is great because its very secure and anonymous. What i mean by that is no one can know the card numbers used or taken its all by order and transaction numbers so no one can steal info so its great and recommended.

Cons

The only thing i find least appealing is that the resolution center most likely take the customer side, which in some cases is them getting over but customers are always right.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Paypal is the oldest and most trusted and used worldwide and is easy to use has great customer service and is for even non members who can securely input there credit card info. And with buyer protection, customers know their hard earn money is safe and if not satisfied can be return for full refund.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal is more secure and offers solutions to more customers and is trusted by many world wide and cost less then fees from square

Grace from Superior eye health center

An option for online payments

We utilized pay pal when quick books no longer offered a service for accepting online payments. We had to have something for our patients to utilize online to be able to pay us. This was a great quick and easy tool that allowed us to accept those payment for a small fee.

Pros

The software was easy to implement and manage. We were able to put it up on our website and manage payments within a couple of hours

Cons

The charges for payments received and limited options for customization. We were charged a small percent on every payment that was sent in and it did not allow us to customize the portal on our website much. Like adding an email or our patient specific account #.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

more acceptable by patients at the time, it was something they had heard of before

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

They no longer offered the service for accepting online payments

Pedro from Duarte Solutions

The Global Solution - but not the best

As someone who likes to solve problems and its willing to work around technicalities to make things work, PayPal has been a very decent experience. As I mentioned, I really miss some key features regarding recurring billing and checkout customization but, as an overall, it is an amazing platform.

Pros

What I really like about PayPal is that it is available in almost any country in the world and works with almost any existing credit card. It's also a great payment option because it has no initial upfront costs, which means that anyone can start using it right away. If, for some reason, you cannot have the money transferred to your local bank, PayPal will transfer the money to any dollar card you might have within two days. The fact that you can also embed it to your website or smartphone app is also great. You can also create a PayPal.me checkout, which will allow you to charge anyone any amount you need to charge in a quick and simple way by via a link you can share.

Cons

I think that the user interface is not the easiest to understand at all. PayPal also lacks on features when it comes to, for example, recurring billing systems (recently, they tried to improved it but the generated codes - to embed on a website - generated an error, which is something unbelievable coming from such a giant technological company), and the options to charge or personalize the icons are not the best neither. The $5 (per transaction) and 5% commission of the total amount you are transferring are not the lowest on the market neither. This is only compensated by the fact that they are the most globally accepted payment platform in the world. Finally, customer service doesn't exist at all and you must solve almost every problem and question by yourself. Google and forums are your only source of help. This is, probably, one of the worst things about PayPal. What happens if they freeze your money and you cannot withdraw it? No one knows.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal is, by now, the only platform that works in most countries of Latin America. It has almost no upfront costs neither and its international reputation transmits a certain degree of guarantee.

Moaaz from Retail

The perfect place to save and transfer your money

In general, this platform helps me a lot in receiving my money from various sides, especially because I work in the field of designs and have money at the site and that Paypal is always my first choice so that I can take this money. It makes it easier for me to pay the bills, transfer the money, and receive it from any bank near me. It is truly an ideal platform and I cannot give it up in my own transaction . Positives In my view, only the pros of the Paypal platform were divided into ten sections 1: Through Paypal, I can send and receive all my money from different countries of the planet with complete ease and credibility in paying the funds at rock bottom possible costs 2: Safety you'll not find a far better wallet than Paypal in saving your money and savings. you'll put tons of your money and zip are going to be taken from it. it's safe enough. On the PayPal platform, hackers are verified and every one transactions are monitored. If a rogue person is analogous to the platform, they're taken out and their account locked up. 3: Easy to use and fast money transfer, you'll not find it difficult to receive and transfer your money. don't be concerned about your bank mastercard information, their security policy is extremely strict, all you would like is simply send the person to the corporate and your email address, and therefore the money are going to be sent to you 4: Customer service has top quality and global and it's very easy to speak with them if you fall under any

Pros

problem, talk only to them, they're going to reply to you and that they will solve your problem needless to say 5: Commission is extremely cheap, unlike wallets and other electronic banks 6: Very easy if you employ it from the phone. Ideal for putting icons and straightforward to navigate the platform. I prefer using it by phone tons . the form and therefore the general interface of the platform are beautiful and attractive. 7: the power to pay bills to my customers and therefore the ability to shop for from various stores of the planet through the web , and once you open any website you discover within the payment options the Paypal platform that's everywhere within the world 8: you'll receive your money on a day to day and throughout the week, if you're employed during a fast electronic job and you get your money on an equivalent day, i counsel you with Paypal 9: Famous and with an excellent reputation among people and corporations , everyone knows Paypal, and this is often amazing in itself. you've got an excellent thanks to go if you would like to verify his friendship, and it's one among the foremost used platforms within the world on a day to day . 10: Continuous updating of the platform and adding features instantly increases your love in handling it and increases your confidence in it more. Okan Paypal tells you to not worry about your financial transactions, i will be able to manage it and you're comfortable with peace of mind

Cons

As for me, I had some difficulties linking my bank credit card to the platform but I went to technical support (customer service) and they helped me solve the problem

Francisco from Mateo y Sanz

The payment method that sells best

We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros

We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data. Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons

The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Their easy integration with wordpress, prestashop, well documented API..., the overall recognition between the customers, the possibility to use its own accounts method or alternative payment methods if any customer doesn't have an account...

I've Been Using Them For Years!

I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable. PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online. There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

Pros

PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business). I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years. The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included). After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over Stripe for my online business transactions because the PayPal setup was so much easier. Cash App seems more like a personal use app than a business payment processor.

Best extra layer of security you can get

I don’t even know where to begin when describing all of the positive aspects of this software and how much it has changed my view on e-commerce. Prior to establishing our business account through PayPal, my company was in a place where we didn’t feel enough protection against everything that can go wrong with using and accepting payments online. Opening up a free business account here was the best business decision I have made in my time here because it allowed us a chance to sell our extra inventory that doesn’t get sold in office through different online platforms, something that has proved its worth in recent events in the country. Now we are able to sell products and perform services for patients when we open our offices back up.

Pros

The most useful feature of the software I have realized is the ability to create invoices and shipping labels directly from the platform with the customer’s information already input into each order form. Next, if there is any chance that a problem arises between you and your customer, it is handled by their professional staff through their Resolution Center and users are given an added layer of protection as both a seller and a buyer. Last, but certainly not least, each business account created through PayPal has the option to create their own direct link with your chosen title, which will take their customers to a page where they are able to pay you directly, a feature that has proven to be helpful for in-person transactions that need to post immediately.

Cons

The transfer time that it takes for the money to exit your PayPal account and enter into your bank account is a bit excessive and I wish it were a bit shorter for the business accounts.

Ahmed from Cairo university hospital

Satisfaction guaranteed

My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros

PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons

I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

Ross from pandora

#1 solution for non-credit card payments

Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros

I use PP for both personal and business purposes. Personal: 1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions. 2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google. 3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable Business: 1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP. 2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature. 3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface. 4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress. 5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons

1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3. 2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer. 3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info. 4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001. 5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

1. More popular 2. Better business integrations

Anvita from Freelance

I Use PayPal Often

My overall experience with PayPal has been positive. It was only recently I had issues with the transactions not going through and my money being withdrawn then returned for each failed attempt but I never had issues before. I love how convenient and fast it is, and that I don't have to go get my wallet or type in card details. I also have used it when people had to pay me and I love that it comes to my account automatically and I can easily transfer it to my bank. Highly recommend taking a few moments to make a PayPal account for all these free conveniences!

Pros

I love how convenient PayPal is to use when I leave my wallet in the car or somewhere far from me and I am too lazy to go get it (lol) because most online stores I shop from have PayPal as an option for payment method. It is worth taking a few minutes to create an account for the amount of convenience during checking out. You don't need to type in your card every time either! I also like that I can log in to my own PayPal account and view my transaction history to make sure everything looks normal and that there's customer service available when it does not. I love the convenience and that most stores utilize this fast checkout method! I also like that I have the option to transfer money to my back for a very very small fee immediately, or that I can wait a couple of days and it hits my bank account in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there has been a few times where I check out, and the page comes to an error so I try again. Once I had to try again 3 times and the payment never processed. Next day I checked my bank account and I had those 3 attempts are card payment holds pending! It wouldn't be a big deal except the total in my account deducted for each attempt! Fortunately the charges fall off and the money comes back automatically when the purchase is not verified complete, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to several days to get the money back and it's not fun when you're running low on cash!

Sam from SAM'S MOBIL AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES

PayPal is the very best way for my customers and I to take care of business transactions.

I love PayPal, I love the ease of service, how widely applicable PayPal services are in not just or country but in the entire world. PayPal is accepted most everywhere and more people feel comfortable when issuing me for my services through PayPal. Therefore [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has brought my business actual revenue I wouldn't have had simply for customers being at ease with PayPal.

Pros

PayPal is hands down the best provider of Point of sale services and that includes any of the free associated with using PayPal services. (Just make sure you get the business prepaid debit card)!

Cons

The fact that they have so many restrictions and safegaurds. It is a good thing to have safegaurds in place to protect not only customers and your clients, but also in orienting the laws of our land, but really PayPal? You do to much and that's got to cost you gotta money.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal was cheaper, and more widely used and accepted then ANY PRODUCT I HAVE LOOKED AT FOR POINT OF SALE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal has a more widely spread availability and puts my customers at ease.

Jayson from jays craves

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

there costs were burying the businesses profitably on overhead and the amount of technical problems and the lack of incentive to fix or compensate a person or buisness for delayed payments or malfunctioning software was quite unsatisfactory at best.

Daniella from Green Thumb Investments

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

Cons

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal has a very good and long-lasting reputation.

SARA from The Breathing Process

Industry: Music

Every Artist Needs PayPal

PayPal is one of the most well-known services in the world. It has achieved this status for a very important reason - it connects our ability to do business on a global level. You can transfer any currency within seconds. Security is a paramount by protecting both the sender and reciever. The site is user friendly, feature friendly, and accessible to anyone.

Pros

Paypal is my favorite payment portal. It is possible to link multiple payment types, like debit cards credit cards, and bank accounts. I am able to reach customers who want to purchase a product or purchase music from across the world and I am paid directly to my PayPal account balance. Once the funds are transferred I can transfer them directly into my bank account for no fee and the transfer typically takes a single business day. The user also has the option for immediate deposit via debit card for a small fee. So if you need the funds transferred quickly, PayPal has an option for you. I also use PayPal to send and receive payments from personal sales on Ebay and Reverb. The buyer is protected from fraud and holds funds until the item is received, ensuring that the buyer gets the item and is satisfied. This gives me peace of mind when transferring funds. PayPal is for everyone and you can also send money to family or friends. I have been using it for years and can't imagine not having the convenience of its service.

Cons

Sometimes reaching PayPal directly can take a day or two for complete resolution. So far I have yet to encounter a problem that wasn't resolved within a day.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal connects you to the most users and has the highest security.

Pay Pal for Graphic Designer

When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros

Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons

This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

It is very user friendly and it has very big fan base.So it is very help full to transactions with many people

Andrew from I.H.O.P

PayPal cuz ya gotta...

PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pros

PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Cons

PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Well Chime is nice and all but they lack some of the features that PayPal has and you seem to wait longer for your transfers. And doing business with PayPal is much easier because everybody is integrated payment into their sales format

Displaying 1 - 50 of 19,580 reviews