PayPal

PayPal Reviews

20,047 Reviews

15,460
4,120

• icon"What I liked most about this software was definitely the customer service. They were excellent in helping solve my issue and in a timely manner."
  • icon"Easy to use and acceptable by tons of merchants/sellers. I also appreciate their support, as they have helped me resolves issues promptly."
  • icon"I love how protective the company is and they are extremely reliable I love them they are just simply amazing."
  • icon"I don't like the dispute process for disputing charges for orders not received. I have had many times when i did not receive product or received not of quality product and was unable to get a refund."
  • icon"The two things I hate about PayPal is its account limiting and favoring buyers disputes over sellers. This has promoted so much fraud."
  • icon"It sucks, too many issues, too poor customer service, not enough accountability with the partnered apps and businesses such as eBay."

Browse all PayPal Reviews

• Have you used PayPal and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,682 reviews

Cassidy

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

PayPal Review

Mark Anthony

August 2022

The Best Digital Wallet

From linking my bank account to withdrawal, Paypal has been so efficient, easy to use, and straightforward. With the help of digital wallet banking, sending and receiving money locally or internationally has been so easy. With a single click, your money is on the go. Overall Paypal is for everyone.

Pros

It is a user-friendly platform where in you can send and receive digital money from all over the globe. There are lots of websites that accept PayPal as a way of payment method and that makes it easier to make online purchases anywhere. Paypal can also be used on mobile phones which means you can access your account wherever and whenever you want it. Invoicing is very simple and easy to make when you are requesting payment.

Cons

So far, the benefit of having a Paypal account is a big help for me. We all need Paypal for our online money transactions. It is a perfect platform for me.

Emeka

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

Rebecca

PayPal pros and ratings

The benefits of PayPal is the security it has is excellent. There customer service is superior. They have helped me with personal and business accounts.for business accounts there's a lot more features offered that are very reliable.

Pros

Very easy platform to understand. Good for small business employer's and employees. This is very convenient and secure.

Cons

Really can't say there has been any cons about this product other then wish the debit cards had better design aspects to choose from.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I choose this product because the features that business accounts offered from PayPal had way more to offer and better security options

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.

Ozlem

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal was widely known and it was easier to use and transfer money.

Philippe

July 2022

Impossible de récupérer l'argent versé

Pratique tant que vous ne voulez pas récupérer votre argent versé sur les comptes PayPal

Pros

Extrêmement simple d'ouvrir un compte, pratiquement pas de formalités, aucune tracasserie, mais.......

Cons

Paypal utilise Tracfin ou d'autres réglementations pour refuser de rendre l'argent versé. 3 inscriptions à des cours de 1500€ et le compte est bloqué. Cette fois les statuts , le bureau, l'enregistrement (tout fournis) puis ensuite, un exemplaire du journal officiel (d'il y a 25 ans!) et autres demandes irréalistes comme un numéro qui n'existait pas à l'époque sont nécessaires pour récupérer les sommes versées et que paypak fait fructifier depuis 3 ans... 3 appels, 32 messages avec à chaque fois un interlocuteur différent qui ne consulte pas le fil de discussion....Les messages semblent automatiques et "je remonte de suite l'information" m'est envoyé régulièrement. Soit cette société est piteusement organisée, soit elle est malhonnête.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Pratique mais je déchante depuis que je veux récupérer l'argent de l'association dont je ne peux clôturer les comptes, modifier le bureau....

Tonya

Industry: Program Development

PayPal is the Prime Rib of Pay Apps!

Pay Pal has always been a leader in the Pay App game and it was the first! I trust that my information is protected and that is extremely important with a Pay App, of course. I've never had a problem with any transaction, ever, and I've used it for MANY years on an almost daily basis. I highly recommend this Pay App, above ALL the others available.

Pros

This app is by far my favorite Pay App. It is tried and true and has never let me down yet! It could not be easier to use and I think the automatic record keeping that it does, is far superior to any other Pay App out there today! I also enjoy the coupons and promotions that are frequently offered. In addition, they will donate a percentage to my charity of choice, based on my spending. Recently, they've also added a feature to use the app to raise funds for individual causes, in light of needs related to Covid, etc. It truly seems like they care about people and community, which is super important to me personally and professionally.

Cons

There isn't anything I really don't like about the app. It meets my business and personal needs completely and always has.

Juan Pablo

Industry: Graphic Design

June 2022

La mejor opción par ingresar al mundo del e-commerce

Uso Paypal por casi 10 años y mi expriencia en general ha sido muy buena tanto para comprar como para recibir pagos. Ahora mi cuenta es PayPal Business y la integré a diferentes sitios web y me ha ido muy bien, es muy confiable y segura. La opción de transferir a mi cuenta bancaria sin ningún costo me parece sensacional permitiendo realizar un flujo de pagos extraoridinario.

Pros

Por la seguridad y facilidad de hacer transacción recibir y enviar dinero así como crear una tienda en línea y recibir los pagos directamente desde la pagina web.

Cons

La comisión de PayPal entre cuentas de paypal no debería existir, me parece excesivo el 5,4% + $0,50 de comisión por transacción entre uusarios de PayPal.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Por lo fácil de la implementación y la posibilidad de recibir pagos solo con una cuenta de correo, una vez creada la cuenta uno no debe introducir todo el tiempo datos adicionales como tarjetas de crédito.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Porque Stripe no es tan difundido y la implementación para un sitio web es un poco más complicado

Karel

My Experience with using PayPal

I like PayPal and would recommend it to consumers and businesses

Pros

Quick and easy way of making online payments. Available on mobile phones Protection against fraud

Cons

High transaction fees Not accepted by every seller, such as on Amazon.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal is accepted a lot more as a payment option and it's reliable

Ndongmbu

PAYPAL REVIEW

My experience with paypal is overwhelming. It is a great software. It's security and safety with great ease of transactions makes it the best so far for me. It makes my business life stress free. My online transaction have become so easy and fast making it possible to transfer money between my family and friends very easy

Pros

Paypal makes life easier. The ease at which transactions are made amazed me. It's very safe with double protection options that makes your credit, debit cards protected from Hackers, no annual membership fees, processing fee, no service charges. The easy accessibility to the software makes it possible for transactions to be done anywhere . Digital investment opportunity with paypal makes life more sweeter

Cons

Honestly all offers are great . Paypal has greatly release my stress in doing online transaction. Lack of a good quality customer service and sometimes difficulties to access contact numbers is just lone problem noted but with current upgrades this in no time will be no problem

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Many of my freinds and family members have always asked me whether I use paypal.

Maciej

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.

Mary Jesamae

Review for PayPal

Pros

Easy to add payment cards and use for payments. I also feel it is secure since I have not experience any unknown transactions unlike the conventional credit card.

Cons

Can't use 2 gift cards/visa prepaid cards in one transaction.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I get problems adding payment cards with Google Pay.

Ed

June 2022

Business saving billing and invoicing platform

Pros

I love Paypal for it's ease of use and simple setup

Cons

3% transaction fee on credit card payments and additional fees can get expensive

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Ease of use and simple to connect to my bank accounts

Paypal is Number one ecommerce payment solution

I am very happy with the paypal. It is my life line to do business with chinese supplier

Pros

PayPal truly a an amazing software. Error free and high security for transaction from any where to any body. I have been in ecommerce business more than 15+ years. PayPal was always my companion. I think, if i count i have limitless, just precise 1000+ transaction. It records all my transaction

Cons

Dispute some time take longer the 15 days

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason is it is error proofing software. Security is the main, what PayPal does. I do not know, how i gone live with out PayPal

Great for both businesses and personal use!

PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We considered Stripe when setting up our business commerce accounts for our company, but we ended up going with PayPal since it was a little more user-friendly. The transaction fees are comparative, but we like how easy it is to pull historical statements from PayPal. We also feel like it's a little more professional since it's been around longer.

Priyansh

Industry: Animation

July 2022

The first choice for receiving International payments

Our ecommerce platform still uses PayPal and approximately 60% users prefer to checkout with PayPal. We are glad to use it and it definitely opens up new avenues for sales internationally.

Pros

About 12 years ago, we set up our own small ecommerce website and implemented PayPal, and it is still with us. - Hundreds of integrations available that can be implemented at the click of a button. - Invoicing is extremely simple and quirky to use. - All you need is an email to receive payments. - Seller protection for both goods and services. - Tax documents and FIRA available at a click. - New API is extremely versatile and works well with our ecommerce platform. - Never had a failed payment or disputes. - Next day settlement of all payments. - Branded checkout page.

Cons

- The biggest gripe I have with this service is the excess fees charged at each step. There is a fixed fee, then a percentage fee, and then there is a currency conversion fee. All this can rack up to 10% for international transactions. - There is some legacy interface in the settings that is hard to navigate and some settings are confusing and repetitive. - Customer service is slow to respond. - There is often lag in the interface and have to deal with a loading sign repetitively.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

No availability in India.

Abby

The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses

Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pros

There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Cons

There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing. The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I eventually did get Quickbooks Self-Employed also, primarily for mileage tracking on my iPhone. I still use PayPal for most invoicing though because QB S-E doesn't have recurring invoicing!! Drives me crazy! I HAVE to have the option to setup automatic monthly and quarterly invoicing, which comes standard and free with PayPal.

Mauro

Storico

Pros

Uso Paypal da sempre, un sistema di pagamento che ho implementato da subito nei miei siti ed ecommerce dei miei clienti che hanno imparato ad utilizzarlo grazie ai miei suggerimenti

Cons

Non mi piaceva il fatto di dover attivare un account per effettuare un pagamento, ora è OK.

Tiana

A buyers best friend

We have never been burned. There have been a few “extra business days” during processing times but nothing that wasn’t communicated or easily explained. Most people have PayPal and their portal allows members to check out as a guest if they’re not.

Pros

The service support is great, especially when you are a buyer. They really do try their best to advocate for you.

Cons

Some people think that support is a joke. What I’ve realized is that most of that stems from poor communication on the end user part. You have to be clear AND concise. Telling your life story that leads up to the problem does not help.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We did not need the type of interface that square was offering. We also wanted something that worked better with other existing software systems.

Shabri

Perfect for personal or business uses

It has helped me with ordering textbooks, personal items, and food delivery by its compatibility with all kinds of sites. To be honest, I will sometimes avoid food services or online orders that don't have PayPal as an option to pay.

Pros

I like the promptness of service and money exchange,the extra layer of protection from linking bank accounts, and freedom from hidden costs.

Cons

Sometimes, with larger amounts of money exchange, there is a delay.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I got locked out of my account by changing phones.

Patrik

PayPal review

I have been using the Paypal service for a very long time. I can say that it has been more than 15 years. My experience with paypal has always been positive and I definitely plan to continue using paypal. I also implemented a paypal service for my client for her e-shop.

Pros

Easy to use No fees when sending between friends and family Quick deposit to the account Possibility of connection with a payment card Money in the recipient's account automatically

Cons

Customer service sometimes responds late.

Mili Rani

Industry: Cosmetics

Resolution centre sucks

4 cases were filed against me by a scammer and all times PayPal sided with the scammer. It’s highly frustrating and troubling to say the least because every time the scammer got the money and I was left looking like a fool.

Pros

I only like it for using it to make payment. That’s all. In recent times I’ve started to hate it more than like it.

Cons

Anyone can pretend to be anyone and file a claim fraudulently and PayPal representatives don’t ever check properly and gives scammers free money

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Because Venmo directly deposits in the bank and nobody can scam you there.

Niharika

Industry: Writing and Editing

July 2022

Paypal is a must for financial handling and virtual security in these terrible times!

Pros

There is the matter of secure transaction; one is able to use Paypal with great ease and with an extra blanket of security and fraud prevention as well as the encryption of bank and credit card account information. A variety of payment methods that are comfortable to utilize as well as great confidence and ease with strength and security in shipping, marketing, recordkeeping and calculation of taxes. It also offers immediate deposits, swift sending, spending, and exchanges; integral cash flow and swift access to funds is highly essential. Paypal integrates seamlessly with most businesses, whilst being friendly for various devices and platforms, and its fees are much less than the alternatives. It has strong invoicing and multichannel sales features as well. There are no fees for sending money to friends and family, as well as providing the most manageable method of purchase without worrying about one's wallet; one may instead be able to pay by the password!

Cons

If one doesn't protect their password, account and sensitive information regarding to the virtual data, one can easily be hacked and compromised here on Paypal. However, that's mayhap a given if one requires such ease of use. A more common concern, nonetheless, is the lack of sufficient care and attention provided by the customer service; enthusiastic support for such grave situations and cases as well as swifter response in resolving disputes, where one may potentially experience frozen or delayed funds, would also be much appreciated. The seller protection policy does not cover digital goods either and there's also confusing transaction fees, widely varied and with rate differing per manner of use, as well as considerable chargeback fees...which is quite unfair seeing as if an item is lost or delayed, it is not the customer's fault and yet in order to regain some of their loss, as shipping and transaction is not regained, they are made to provide a penalty fee that does not differ as per the situation and amount in question. There is also no offline payment processing, and it would be a great improvement were that possible. Of course, there is also the recent addition of inactivity fees, although that may be easily avoided with a little care and logging in every few months or at least every year!

Best way get payments

Trust is the best feature PayPal offers to my customers. because they don't have to send their credit cards to my client's website so it's way easier for me to collect payments. I think we needed that on ecommerce websites.

Pros

What I like about PayPal the most is the fact that people don't have to put their credit cards in my client's website like Stripe. Customers are more comfortable to login to their PayPal account and pay by credit card through PayPal. I think this is the most important benefit of PayPal. It's user friendly and very easy to understand the platform. Some customers email my clients and ask their PayPal email to send payment manually, which is also a great option. By the way, refunds through PayPal are instant so you don't have to wait days to get your money back to your credit card. That's why I love PayPal a lot.

Cons

The pre-authorized or autopayment is the worst! every time I buy things by PayPal, I'm afraid an automatic charge for the next month. I have google to find out how to disable that automatic charge. I believe the Canada app is different than US app because, again, my friend always call me to ask how to disable some auto charges from his PayPal app and it's different than mine.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

People don't have intention to put their credit card info to my client's websites as their first purchase

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,682 reviews