Plooto

Plooto Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The collection of data was seamless and the prompting and follow up on invoices was a good option."
  • icon"Integrations, approvals and workflow are fantastic."
  • icon"It does the work as expected, when expected and in my business, reliability is a top quality. I couldn't imagine running my business without Plooto on my team."
  • icon"Due to the horrible pricing model change, if there was an alternative, I would be using it."
  • icon"Some payment changes can take a little longer than I feel they should. I tried to cancel a payment that was to be debited later that day."
  • icon"There is a lag time of 4-5 business days when making payments. We have to explain this to every vendor since it can be a confusing process."

All Plooto Reviews

Luke

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Aislinn

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Plooto

Plooto has certainly helped us from a workflow perspective, it's pulling your payables from your Quickbooks or Xero account into Plooto so you can see all the payables that you need to deal with and when they're due. And there's a whole bunch of approval processes you can put in place for internal controls perspective so make things a lot more bulletproof than just manually writing checks and doing e-transfers.

Pros

So you can currently do pre-authorized debit, pre-authorized credit receivables in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars which is super kick-ass. It's also made some of our clients lives a lot easier if they've got clients in different countries, and it gives their clients flexibility to pay in debit or credit. Also, as far as the amount of time it takes for that cash to clear your bank account; it's faster than Stripe, and on top of that the integration with Quickbooks makes it a lot easier to manage the fees, unlike Stripe.

Cons

We'd love to see more international payments to more countries just for some of our clients that have people they're paying in lots of different places around the world. As well, with the international payments, if a client has a lot of companies that they're paying in the U.S. for instance if you get really costly really quickly. So I'd like to see some bulk discounts for high volume payments to the U.S.

Heather

Our EFT provider of choice

Our objective was to automate payables, and Plooto has been great for that purpose.

Pros

We're a Quickbooks shop, and we *love* the integration. Virtually all of our clients are using Plooto for payables, and some for receivables. In terms of pricing, the package is advantageous for most of our clients. Some of the tiny ones would spend less on regular bank fees -- but the convenience still makes Plooto a good option. The interface is clean and user-friendly. Our clients love the signing authority "tiers." We're working with nonprofits, so there's always a board of directors to consider -- and therefore multiple signers. It's not uncommon for orgs to specify who needs to approve organizations over certain limits, and Plooto gets us there with no fuss.

Cons

We still have issues with some vendors not being serviced by Plooto, e.g. credit card companies. The ability to send payments internationally through Plooto is great, but we sometimes experience issues with foreign banks. On the signing authority front, it's possible to do an "end run" around banking agreements by authorizing people on Plooto that aren't authorized on the bank account. We need to do our due diligence on that, to ensure payments are authorized only by signing authorities.

Reasons for choosing Plooto

Software integration, convenient user interface

Dimitri

April 2022

SP North America Feedback

Pros

Its easy to use and by passes the limitations via the big 5 banks.

Cons

It would be great if we could implement this software via e-commerce with plugins. Finally, the credit card feature with an actual refund option.

Reasons for choosing Plooto

We wanted a local provider instead of offshore.

Michele

Industry: Civil Engineering

February 2022

Plooto is easy to use!

The overall experience has been great. When I have reached out to support my issues have always been resolved, although it may take a day or 2 to get a reply. Improvment on the customer service would be nice.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up clients and send payments. Especially international payables and receivables. The company [SENSITIVE CONTENT] likes how I can enter all the accounts payable and he can simply approve the payment. Saves him a considerable amount of time and work.

Cons

The payments take longer than the average EFT or wire. It may take up to a week for the money to be completely transferred.

Tammy

Industry: Publishing

It appears to have it all until you use it.

Not Good. Really ambitious to make it work I like the concept but they make it very hard to be a client.

Pros

I like that it can process both bank or credit card payments for receivables. It can provide automation too but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like the price. And I like that it linked into xero. It appears to have it all until you use it.

Cons

1) Its not easy to use, no introduction. 2) the automation component never worked for me I know I had to get PAD on but I wanted it on for some clients off for others and this was not an easy thing to set. It also doesn't allow me to store the credit card something like Quickbooks online I had in mind but this is a complete oversight to the program. I guess if automation actually worked then this could solve this issue. 3) Ya I was very confused but when my clients couldn't figure it out either, some ended up with duplicate payments pulled from their accounts etc. No help to fix very embarrassing. 4) their live chat is not live. You ask a question and wait. Fine to get started but even in the middle of conversation to deal with issues they just disappear. The conversation is not live. Sometimes they don't even read my questions which makes me think not a real person is helping me. 5) Money holding ridiculous! If a client due date on invoice was 30 days and they paid me next day I had to wait until what my invoice said for due date on payment. Plus when money drops into my account there is no PLOOTO ID on the deposit. Very confusing for trying to reconcile. 6) Plooto reconciled in Xero in its own little account but doesn't reconcile with the bank account. Weird and confusing.

Noah

Industry: Market Research

September 2022

Time Saver

Pros

Plooto has reduced our payment processing time down from 4-5 hours twice a month to paying our key vendors on a weekly basis in 45 minutes. We went from cutting over 50 cheques to completely electronic payment methods, with the option to still send cheques to vendors that prefer it. It is very easy to use and syncs perfectly with QuickBooks Online. They give excellent transparency on timelines of your payment statuses so you can keep vendors informed of when they can expect payment. Customer service is right at your finger tips and gives almost immediate help through their chat feature.

Cons

Some vendors can be skeptical to enter banking details into a third party payment processor.

Reasons for choosing Plooto

Does it exactly what we needed it to without having extra add-ons. Other A/P automation software out there can be very intricate, causing the pricing to be very expensive for features you may not even need. Plooto is very simple and to the point, but still does exactly what we need to at a fraction of the price.

Maddie

May 2022

Plooto is an easy-to-use, handy program that simplifies the process

Accounts payable include a variety of options that make it simple to designate an approval tier and transfer payments. Checks that have been deposited in the previous few months have not shown in the system, however the support staff is working to correct this. Other than this, Plooto has a number of features that make processing AP more efficient.

Pros

Sending payments in practically any quantity to suppliers with Plooto is one of its finest features. Approval control, user-friendliness, and affordability are all things we like. It integrates with QBO and makes it simple to reconcile and set up payments automatically. Recurring payments and deposits may be set up quickly and effortlessly.

Cons

The inclusion of cheque numbers in a report would be quite helpful in keeping track of payments. As an alternative, it would be good if the user could pick from a list of pre-existing merchants.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Because of Plooto, signers have been able to ensure that all employees have been paid on time. Plooto is more secure and efficient for me as a result of my concerns about security. Plooto is an easy-to-use and handy application. Because I was able to connect to QuickBooks, the procedure went much more smoothly.

Audrey

It's easy and quick to use, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect.

Overall a good experience, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect. I can't wait for them to bring back credit card payments and I hope they expand the integration capabilities.

Pros

Plooto integrates with QBO and make syncing receivables and payables easy. It reconciles the payments which saves a lot of time. The customers and suppliers receive an email that tells them about upcoming payments and a link that takes them to this information plus shows them the past transactions.

Cons

I've been using Plooto with one client for about a year now and would like to move other clients to this system. Unfortunately, Plooto doesn't work with QBO's projects and sub-customer system. Each time I’ve tested collecting these receivables, Plooto says the customer doesn't exist and wants to create a new client even though the client does exist, it's picking up the project or sub-customer name at the end of the client’s name. If Plooto’s system can recognize the customers name before the ":" to allow collection of accounts with multiple project or sub-accounts I would be able to move more clients over to this system.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

For the 1 company I moved to Plooto it made sense because it saved time. The switched did cost more monthly, but the time savings was just to good.

Danny

Integral Software for Accounting

My experience has been very good! Been very happy with product in the past few years that I have been using it for my clients.

Pros

I like the integration with QBO and that it makes it easy for me to process payments with the appropriate checks and balances of approvals. The software also helps in confirming whether the bank information being provided is valid or not. So easy to use!!!

Cons

The only Con that I could think of is that it becomes a bit expensive for those that have very little transactions monthly where the fixed monthly fee does not get fully utilized.

Reasons for choosing Plooto

Cost was the Primary reason for the choice. I however miss the capabilities when Plooto first started when I could have both Canadian and US Domiciled accounts in the same login. Now I need to create 2 separate accounts for it.

Varun

Fantastic option for an accounting firm!

Very positive and highly recommended

Pros

We've transformed our accounting firm from traditional "after the fact" billing and collection, to a monthly recurring fee model using Plooto. It has automated one of the most painful parts of running an accounting firm. Our clients love to do their own Receivables, Payables and CRA payments using Plooto.

Cons

Reports functionality is lacking It takes time for clients to get a hang of it initially when setting up PAD.

Reputation, Affordable, Early to the cloud accounting scene

Alexandra

March 2022

Overall a good option to manage Payables and Receivables

Pros

Plooto is a user friendly software, easy to use and convenient. I was able to sync with QuickBooks, which makes the process even easier.

Cons

There are some functions that could be added/improved in the reporting area and external user experience.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Telpay will not provide international payment options.

Dorinda

Makes everything easier and more transparent

For us, we moved over to Plooto after it was highly recommended by our Board and vendors. Having made the move from cheques to electronic payments not that ago, we didn't realize that payments could actually be very simple. The pandemic has made other platforms more difficult to use because they're often kept on one computer and managed by one person which makes contingencies and redundancies impossible.

Pros

We haven't been using Plooto for very long but the setup was incredibly easy. I think the best feature is that payments are very clear with the invoice attached as well as pathway and dates for the payment process. Everything is also very easy to use and transparent and the fact that it's on the cloud means everyone who needs to access it can without having to be at a particular terminal or computer. This feature alone increases financial transparency.

Cons

Understanding the different roles and needs took a little longer than expected but that wasn't hard. I'd love to be notified when approvals are made and payments are processed.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

It was really hard to make any changes to the administrators and account without massive amounts of paperwork. Everything can only be done on one computer which is a huge problem especially with remote work.

Scott

Great financial software for small and mid-sized organizations

We use the software for payment of invoices including external vendors, staff reimbursements, and payroll. Works perfectly for us. Just a few clicks and there are adequate checks and balances features to ensure accountability and security.

Pros

As a small association, with few vendors and accounts payable/receivable, the software works very well for us. While I'm sure it can also be used for larger organizations and may have lots of advanced functions, the core user interface, notifications, integrations and other features are perfect for our smaller organizations. No unnecessary complications.

Cons

I suppose if anything, if you need to reverse a payment already in process it can be a bit of a challenge but have only experienced that once.

Reasons for choosing Plooto

Again, no additional products explored. We opted for Plooto over Telpay mainly for cost savings and have been pleased with the product ever since.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Simplify user experience and reduce costs. We don't process enough payments to justify the Telpay monthly costs.

Rebecca

June 2022

My Plooto review

Pros

This is very easy software to use! Syncs with QBO to make life a breeze!

Cons

One of the only things I find a drawback is how long it takes for funds to transfer. CAD funds can take up to 4 days and USD funds can take up to 5. Also not having a phone number to call support. The chat function is nice but sometimes it is better to speak to someone directly.

Janet

February 2022

Payables processing

Easy use with batch entry when we only process payables once a month. But can always do the one-offs very easily too.

Pros

The ease of use, without any training. I can look up past payments easily and I love being able to process CRA payments through the portal.

Cons

The fluctuation between processing time. 3-5 days, most of the time it is 4-5 days and sometimes 3-4 days. Hard to judge for payroll processing. Sometimes payroll is right on time and sometimes its a little too early.

Ron