• Pros

• "I really enjoyed this product. It was very intuitive and allowed for a smooth processing of all financial components of the company."

• "The system is very user friendly. It is easy to learn, and has some great reporting capabilities. Love it! "

• "I love the ease to use it. Its very easy and all of our accounting department uses it. This is an amazing software"

• Cons

• "No problems or complaints except that the search feature doesn't always work correctly. Other than that, it is great."

• "Generally there is nothing irritating about Quick books, except that if you don't choose the dates for the report you want to generate properly, it can give you a misleading result."

• "The product is great but the cost prohibits me from recommending this version to many of my clients."

Browse QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

ELIBE from BNL GROUP

Perfect Accounting software for firms

It feel so great and good to have a product that help you achieve 90% of your goal,it is a perfect accounting software to achieve your accounting task, it has significantly enhance my work and the work in my company.

Pros

The great thing QuickBooks is that it is very easy to use software, with a basic accounting and computer skill, you can comfortably use it. Another great quality is that it link banks transaction with prepared invoices there by making accounting work easy. Its numerous features makes accounting work very easy.

Cons

One set back about this software is that sometimes its slow to respond when functioning, but with the updates, I have seen great improvement. Also it is expensive but the value it add, makes ones to forget it.

Response from QuickBooks France

Replied October 2018

Thanks for reviewing, Elibe. Please know we've crafted a ton of tools to ensure our software is always functioning as optimally as designed. When it comes to slow response times, the info in this Community hosted article provides excellent troubleshooting steps (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502333). I'm thrilled to read we're doing our part to help you meet your goals, by the way. Comments like yours are a pleasure to come by, and we're proud to be backing BNL Group. Please know if you have any questions about cost-efficient options that my inbox is open (QBCares@Intuit.com). Reach out anytime, and take care! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

More than enough for our small company

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kevin from Trinity Construction

I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L

It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called Assisted Payroll, "I have this problem you can see on the screen." "Oh, that's not an Assisted Payroll problem, I'll get you over to Tech Support..." First thing Tech Support guy says, "Oh, that's an Assisted Payroll problem. I'll transfer you over to them." OK, and on it goes. We purchased a 30-user Enterprise 2018 for a reason. We have many users, accounting, owners, construction managers, those using Remote Desktop into the Server, etc. Last support (yesterday) said I need to be logged in as Admin (excuse me, but that is the Controller, who uses QB every day & is way above my pay grade), and in Single User mode. Are you kidding me? "Oh, you want to be able to put this car in reverse? Only when you are facing North and only on the second Tuesday of the week." Am I sounding a bit ridiculous? Well, that's about what support is now sounding like to me.

Pros

I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

Cons

The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have been put into fixing/upgrading this very old module. It's OK if you have a couple of office staff and do payroll for them, but if you are larger and really need to do Job Costing? Forget it. Staff WANTS to be helpful, but 1) they can't change what the program is sorely lacking; and 2) very often I've gotten "newbie" support personnel that hardly have a clue themselves as to what the program can/can't do or don't understand simple constraints in business. Yes, I can give MANY very specific examples, but no one that matters (has the authority/ability to make any changes) cares. Apparently we who push/need the payroll to do construction/job costing are just too few to warrant attention. I've been using QB since the day it came out. I know, that really dates me, but my point is that I am certainly no newcomer to QB. The next category only went "2+ years". Not nearly long enough.

Vladimir from DiverGentix LLC

Excellent Enterprise Accounting Software

QickBooks Enterprise has solved the big problem of service cataloguing, invoicing, billing, tracking expenses, etc. It easily manages all elements of my daily business operations, taking any guesswork out of the equation.

Pros

QuickBooks Enterprise offers impressive features making it super easy to run all aspects of my small-business. A plethora of available options and details in the software, makes it a breeze for daily usage and help me run the tasks of my company.

Cons

Realistically, the only CON is the fact that the desktop version is not compatible with MacOS which many people use, nowadays. So the user will either have to purchase a Windows OS based PC, or subscribe to a cloud based thin-client service that runs Micorsoft OS.

Chris from BigSigns.com

Great Product for the Average Business

Pros

What I like most about Quickbooks Enterprise (QBE) is the ease of use and straightforward design. I also like the amount of customization you can do in terms of forms and payment reminders.

Cons

The aspect of QBE I like the least would have to be their communication on when updates are happening. There have been multiple occasions when all of a sudden the entire company cannot access QBE and it has put much of our business to a standstill at times.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging

The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Pros

This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access to your business' accounting information as a whole. The root of of the program is for transparency to your bottom line but it goes much further than that. The software is flexible enough that it would be suitable for pretty much any industry a small business would run in to suffice for all of their software tracking needs. Where the real value is for me in on the Inventory Management workflows. Some of the more exciting features revolve around the rules that can be set up for expediting business processes. Once such rule is around inventory purchasing. If you have your agreements set up with a vendor you can have the software authorize and cut POs directly when your internal rules dictate that the purchase is necessary. This saves a ton of time from having to have someone manually vette and authorized routine low cost consumable type items. There is now mobility integration as well and although I haven't had a chance to dive into the different apps that are available they look promising for any company that has a field operational workforce.

Cons

Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

Response from Intuit

Replied January 2020

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come. All the best, Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Mary from First Assembly of God

Easy to use for non-profit

Pros

super easy to setup our new accounts and keep up to date with data. Prints reports with ease and easy to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Cons

Even though we are a not for profit, it still shows many accounts and reports as profit/loss. This is not an issue for me, but our board of directors has issues with it, so I have to rename the reports to remove that. Just an extra step.

Kevin from The Arctic Alligator Creamery

Industry: Restaurants

Quickbooks for small manufacturing

I like it. It does what I need it to do for a small company. I would imagine at some point we would outgrow it but for now the price and functionality fit our plan.

Pros

I run an ice cream production facility. I chose QB Enterprise for the price and name in the ERP marketplace. I find it easy to run my business and use assemblies and inventory management.

Cons

I think navigation could be improved. More shortcuts added. Streamlined processes.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Price.

Great accounting and inventory solution for small

Pros

Easy to use Intuitive interface Advanced Inventory Addon Customized to your industry Plenty of apps for integration with other platforms, such as shipping Easy to customize

Cons

Quickbooks lacks CRM functionality, which would be very helpful to not have to have a separate system for. There were occasional issues with the database hosting, preventing users from accessing the system. These issues were always solved, but it is a minor annoyance.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks! You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting and inventory management needs. To find out more about how we're working to improve and provide even more functionality for you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quick Books Enterprise (for use in small businesses)

Overall, Quickbooks does the job and this program has been around for a long time. They do have features that most any small business could want. But when problems or questions come up, it can be very frustrating and time-consuming to try to figure things out.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that the layout and flow doesn't seem to change a huge amount as each new version comes out. The accountant whom I help with using Quick Books Enterprise has used this software for many years and is still able to do many of the same functions in the same way for all of this time.

Cons

What I like least about this software is dealing with customer support. When you call, you do always talk to someone live, but you often have to stay on hold for at least several minutes. When you do talk to a support rep, they often do not have the answer and will ask for time to research the issue and call you back. If they do not call back for several hours, this often limits what I can do while I am waiting on them. We had one problem that was never solved. At one time we use the cloud backup solution, but after a number of months using this, we switched to using a different vendor for backing up the quick book files. After going through the documented uninstall process, the Quick Books backup feature still continues to load and prompt us to backup - even through we discontinued services long ago and have called in for support in removing this several times without getting a workable answer.

Stephanie from ChutingStar

Great for a novice but pricey

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Pros

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Cons

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2018

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way. As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue. As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly (QBCares@Intuit.com). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Joel from Joe East Inc

There is a reason it is the #1 small business accounting softare

QuickBooks is your best friend if you are an office worker or new to accounting as it is extremely simple to use. If you are a developer working to interface with it from outside systems you will learn to both love and HATE it. All in all I certainly recommend it to all my clients as the benefits most surely outweigh the problems.

Pros

- Easy to use, intuitive interface. Even non accountants will be able to dive in and use the software. - Powerful features and reporting allows you to really see where your P&Ls are sitting. - Tons of training and support available from a wide variety of sources. - Import and Export ability allows you to interface with other software or pull data into other programs for custom reporting. - Ability to interface with outside programs to sync data automatically. - Allows for tracking of inventory and placing/receiving purchase orders from vendors. - Gives a decent audit trail on item/customer activity so you can see what happened with your financials.

Cons

- QuickBooks is truly incredible, but their database architecture and some of their restrictions are incredibly dated. For example, they limit customer names, product names and several other fields to 31 characters. In today's more complex market it is extremely easy to have product names that are longer than 31 characters and QuickBooks will not let you enter them. They will tell you to either cut the product off at 31 (which can create duplicate names which is not allowed) or they will tell you to rename the product. Neither is good option for most companies. This becomes very apparent when you have customers with the same name, for example John Smith. QuickBooks will only let you create one of them and prevent the other from getting added. Their solution again is to rename the customer by giving it extra characters like a space at the end, or adding a 1 or a 2. But when you are limited to 31 total characters and your office staff then has to make sure that they select the right customer when working with a record, well you can see where these solutions are not really workable either. The pros of the software certainly outweigh this issue and it is possible to come up with internal naming conventions to fix these issues, still with a company the size of Intuit and software as popular as QuickBooks these issues should have been addressed years ago.

Michael from Magness Piano Services

Feel Trapped With No Options

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc. When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not. I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.

Craig from Ultimate Promotions Ltd

Hosting Switch Handled Terribly By Intuit

Find another product. Don't hitch your horse to this wagon. This company doesn't care about your needs. Only saving money on hosting.

Pros

Quickbooks has been the cornerstone of our business for 15 years. The enterprise version is robust enough to cover our needs as a medium sized business. Our accountant likes it too. Until now, I've never considered using anyone else.

Cons

I loved this product when I made the move to the cloud a year ago. There were a LOT of issues getting it to work. However the support provided was high quality and very responsive. Two months ago they changed cloud hosting companies without any notice. We just went into work and our books were offline. Our books went offline for 2 weeks. Only ONE of us could login. (There are 5 of us so one person had to do quotes and admin for everyone) They no longer allowed you to call for support and made you post support ticket, after support ticket, after support ticket that went unanswered. They were on a 3 hour different time zone so if we had an issue at 2pm, we didn't hear back for 1-3 days. We couldn't bill our customers for three weeks. We couldn't quote our customers for three weeks (think crappy looking excel sheets that require re-entry into quickbooks instead of high quality, professional quotes). There was absolutely no way to get a human being on the phone to help us. Eventually we called the sales line and nobody gave a crap. No compensation offered. NO free month. NO apology. Shortly after the hosting move we were evacuated by British Columbia wildfires from our office for three weeks. Nobody in our office could work on quickbooks from outside our office. So at the time we needed our software to perform the most, the product failed. What is the point of having cloud software if the support is so poor that you can't get help?

August 2016

Chris from Burlington Merchandising and Fixtures

2.5

August 2016

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Pros

Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Cons

The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability. The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow. If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup. In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

April 2016

Scott from Rocket Skate

April 2016

QuickBooks, it's pretty solid, but there are some catches

Pros

Quicken is great at putting things together in an easy to use package. It's pretty much what they do. That said, QuickBooks is just that. It's a great small business accounting package. Business owners with almost any level of accounting experience can keep their books, pay employees, view reports, pay taxes, manage bank accounts and do just about anything they would expect to keep their business running. Their customer service is excellent. I haven't called them many times, but I did always get a quick answer to my question. I also liked the fact that the people I talked with didn't seem to be from another country. Good customer support isn't easy to find these days.

Cons

The one downside to Quicken is that they're also very good at making sure you have to pay them on a consistent basis. While things are comparatively easy to use, they aren't always the best deal. Payroll is a prime example of this. The pricing for Quickbooks payroll is competitive on the surface. They charge a base rate determined by the number of employees you have. (The basic level is for 3 employees or less). They also charge a small sum every time you run a direct deposit check. Their price is fair for the simplicity of having everything in one place. But the catch is that you will be forced to upgrade your software every two years to continue utilizing their payroll service. When you start shopping around, you can find cheaper payroll services that offer a much higher level of service. For me it was worth the extra 10 minutes a month to have someone else file payroll tax forms and cut the checks. I don't begrudge Quicken for operating this way. Honestly, if they weren't able to find a way to keep revenue coming in, they couldn't offer the excellent product and services they do. But for me, there was no inherent value in the upgrade other than the continuation of a seemingly more expensive payroll service.

David from Robinson Consulting Group, LLC

Industry: Mining & Metals

User for 20+ businesses

I can easily view financial data thru any consolidation of sites' performance that desire. Slicing and dicing financial information is so easy with this software.

Pros

The Enterprise version is fantastic for running multiple companies from one software. I used this program to run over 20 companies and utilized the functions of the program to slice and dice the financial data for any type of comparison that a person might want to see. I could easily group the business by "like-kind" businesses and review their financial numbers or I could just as easily run a consolidated report for all 20+ companies on one report. Don't let anyone tell you that QuickBook Enterprise is not suited for multiple businesses because I was running it without any problems. Our payroll was outsourced so this allowed for plenty of room and speed for QB Enterprise to really perform.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software. In fact, I can't say enough positive things about it.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Awesome review, David! We love knowing that QuickBooks is such a helpful tool in your daily business routine. You can rest easy knowing the data for each company is safe and organized in one space. To continue learning about ways to use your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for making our day! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Karen from EAI Security Systems. Inc.

User friendly accounting software

Easy to use for basic accounting functions.

Pros

I like QB Enterprise because it can accommodate large amounts of data. I use a very extensive client list and I've never had a problem with corruption . The iconic home page is easy to navigate; preferences can be changed based on the user. The built in tutorials are helpful for newer users. More importantly for me, I can set reminders and automate recurring bills.

Cons

I used QuickBooks in my former position in an accounting firm, and found that it's not geared toward real estate and property investing. Sometimes the reports don't print properly.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2018

Happy Friday, Karen. It's always awesome to come across reviews like yours, and I'm delighted QuickBooks has automated so many of your tasks. Since you're using Desktop, this article has some helpful insights into setting up the software for property management: community.intuit.com/articles/1502157. We're proud to be backing many different industry types, spanning from (but not limited to) contractors, manufacturers, and retailers. The link above is hosted on our Community forum, which doubles as a digital library of how-to and troubleshooting resources. Another example of what you can find there is the following link, which details how to fix report printing: community.intuit.com/articles/1502297. This should get you squared away, and your expert insight is so appreciated. I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Patti from Clay Construction Inc.

QB Enterprise is perfect for inventory based mid-sized companies who need customizable reports on the fly!

Other than what I have said above, I would highly recommend Quickbooks Enterprise to any medium sized business that has inventory or uses projects or jobs to cost code. Quickbooks Enterprise over other similar products may cost a bit more but you get what you pay for. Check out the other cheap products and you will quickly see they don't measure up.

Pros

The reporting features of Quickbooks Enterprise far surpass any other program I have used (and that's quite a few!). The reporting features are sleek, custom and exportable to a variety of formats and reports can be memorized to save time. Probably the best feature for me as a bookkeeper/teacher of the software is that you can decide your layout (menu on the top or side), what you want to see and where. It is also the only program I have used that quickly shows the gross margin of inventory right when you select the item to query. As you go to sell, you immediately know if you can offer a discount and up-sell more product!

Cons

The one thing that I would say could be improved is that it is a cloud based program and you are at the mercy of your hosting company as to whether you get good customer service. Intuit needs to host their own server space and offer live support online to troubleshoot through issues.

Using Quickbooks

Pros

I am in QB daily either entering work orders, invoices, and other general information. I find the ease of setting up a new customer or new work order to be wonderful.

Cons

My one issue with QB is for sales tax tracking. I see invoices on my list that have either been recently created or are past due. The list that I need should not include this information. I have created a spreadsheet to keep track of the taxes and have yet to see the numbers in my spreadsheet match the numbers in QB

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

I appreciate you taking the time out to review. It's wonderful to read the software has been a daily help, as comments like yours are why we do this. I'm happy to help you customize your lists to better track sales tax within QB. A spreadsheet is an excellent workaround, but I've got a great suggestion. If you're running a report using the Accrual method of accounting, all invoices are being counted. This includes both past due and newer ones for which you haven't received payment. Conversely, the Cash basis only tracks taxes for the payments you have seen (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Change-the-accounting-method/m-p/186425). I encourage you to try customizing your tax summaries for Cash Basis (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Customize-reports/m-p/186005). Those numbers will match in no time! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Christina from Fit To Be

Quickbooks Is Great For Small Businesses Past Start-Up Stage

We adopted this software when the company began growing, and I think the software is perfect for a company that has at least 5 or 6 employees. I do run a small business on the side, and it is not ready for quickbooks. For the price, it's great for established businesses

Pros

It is fairly easy to figure out. I was able to enter inventory and learn most of the system within a week. It's also very easy to use. There were no features that I found it lacked. It's very easy to email over documents, and easy to work in the system remotely.

Cons

The only issue I personally had was with the accounting section, but that is also not my forte. The company accountant has no problems with it whatsoever.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2018

Hi Christina, We really appreciate you choosing our software for your fitness studio's accounting needs. Sometimes, a helping hand is all a business owner needs to take charge of their accounting and inventory tracking. We're so glad QuickBooks is proving to be that helping hand for you. As your business continues to grow, you can be confident that our software will continue to grow alongside it. We have more helpful and easy to use features planned for the future, so be sure to keep an eye on our blog to see what's in store: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Wishing you continued success! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Jennifer from DeWys Engineering

Overall Lots of different functionality

Overall our company feels this software is worth what we are paying for it and are pleased with what the software is capable of and how customizable it is.

Pros

I like how much information this software can capture. I love the different editions it has that are customized to the industry in which your business belongs to. We are a job based business so we have the capability to now set up jobs within quickbooks and run reports based off of the jobs. It cuts back on so much of the work I was doing before I switched over to Quickbooks Enterprise. It has eliminated by need for a outside collections app I now use the collections center that QB Enterprise offers. I have also cut back on so much time it originally toke me to perform payroll and invoicing there is just better and more customizable reports. I also love how much data this software can capture I have the ability to create custom fields with in my job information, I can attach files to my bills, invoices, customer jobs and parent accounts. I also like how there is a lead center that allows for keeping a record of basic sales leads.

Cons

The software is not as user friendly but that is because it has so much functionality but I guess that is what the help feature is for. Additionally, there are little things that I wish I could have such as estimates converted to jobs report, more options when creating a budget such as setting it up as quarterly, or annually rather than just monthly, or the ability to batch edit all lists rather than just a few select ones. Also probably the major difficulty we have dealt with on this program is multi-user mode. There are so many features that you can't perform when in multi-user mode which is inconvenient because then it puts a hold on the your work flow while you wait for another user to complete their task in the software.

James from Taylor IT Solutions of South Louisiana

QuickBooks Enterprise use at small to medium business.

If quickbooks would go to SQL database for storing their data and make printing checks built in instead of using something like GCForming to print checks.

Pros

Good starter accounting, pay roll and employee tracking software. Software has good product control and detail for each item company sales or manufactures. Payroll is good but cost extra. Quickbooks also offers credit card processing. Most financial accounts can be synced with quickbooks which simplifies reconciling and importing into quickbooks. Got some financial reporting but not as good as some of the add ons that give me a bigger picture of your company.

Cons

Importing from application is not great but third party application like Transaction Pro do better job than IIF. Quickbooks use a database that is not open like SQL. My biggest wish is for them to move to a SQL type data base where you can use third part reporting tools that can pull data straight from the database and it would make it easier for third party developers to make add ons that would integrate better with quickbooks. Quickbooks needs a check printing software integration.

Sanjay from C.P Fabrics

Extra ordinary accounting software

Small and medium enterprises must go for this softwar.

Pros

Software loaded with lots of features which one will find very useful for accounting and controlling purpose. Software is best suitable for small and medium enterprises. Quickbooks enterprise version has features like ERP software. 1. Accounts and billing integration 2. Extraordinary Payroll facility to get out of Hassel of monthly Payroll issues. 3. Quick dashboard shortcuts to easily access the features. 4. Inbuilt Features from sales order to invoice processing to payment receipt. 5. Auto bank reconciliation so you never get stuck in reconciling your bank books. 6. Inbuilt accountant feature to easily analyse the exceptional transactions and rectify them. 7. Auto regular entry posting facility. 8. Widely accepted in more than 100 countries

Cons

Actually there are no much consideration of the software 1. At initial level it is difficult understand all functionalities but once understood it is very useful. 2. Prices are comparatively higher than other softwares. 3. Cloud based version is more better.

Chris from ProEDI

Good for basic Accounting, prone to crashing though

For banking, sending out Support/Software invoices, and tracking our expenses its solid. From a technical and user friendly perspective, C+. The price seems high now because we've been using it for a decade, when it was half as expensive as it is now. Plus they tie you into an Annual support contract now.

Pros

Does a great job of keeping records, especially basic accounting. Love the history, notes, Email functionality, and other basic features any small business can use.

Cons

So it seems to crash a lot. If your network experiences a hiccup, the whole thing has to be restarted. Not the end of the world though. They also use different shortcut keys than Microsoft Defaults, so if you hit 'Control-A' to select all, you bring up 'Accounts' instead. Also it randomly asks us to Login to QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Accounts) half the time for reasons unknown. Biggest gripe is that now they are moving to a 'you MUST have a Cloud/Subscription based Solution' pricing model. Before, you could buy QuickBooks and use it for 4 years, and pay for Support accordingly... NOW, you HAVE to upgrade, OR you lose Support .

Trillion from New Horizon Industries

QuickBooks Enterprise

Overall, I like the program, but I know a thing or two about accounting and finance. I would suggest that before you use the program. Do all of the tutorials and read all of the tabs to gain a better understanding of what the program offers and set up your information in totality before you start using the program. Don't try to set it up in bits and pieces.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the program. I have worked with a lot of small business whom often try and buy expensive programs that offer many things they do not use. QBE is a great program for a small business to grow into and it still has many of the features of larger software platforms. Since I work with a lot of businesses, this has been one of the programs I ask them to start with.

Cons

Most of it is self-explanatory, but it does help to have an accounting and finance background to truly get the benefit from the program. It's difficult to undo a mistake because many different areas get changed as transactions are executed. If you do not understand what just happened, matters can quickly go down hill. The help feature can do better in explaining how-to's.

Joyce from Schrader's Smoker Service, Inc.

Overall, it works for us!

Overall, QuickBooks works well for our needs. We have had better success with keeping accurate records of accounts receivable and payable. There are a few things that would make the experience the best, but QuickBooks still works really well for us.

Pros

We use QuickBooks Enterprise to track our inventory in an attempt to save a lot of time counting items when doing our purchase order for parts. The sales report for inventory used by site is great for restocking our service trucks and parts room. Keeping track of invoices is also much easier with QuickBooks.

Cons

When a part is returned and a credit memo is issued, the returned part doesn't always show up in our inventory. When opening a specific client account, we are not able to skip through invoices for that client only. When you open the first invoice in a client's file, it would be a huge help if we were able to arrow through only the invoices for that client rather than QuickBooks taking us to the invoice with the next sequential number. It's time consuming to close one invoice and open the next when looking for a specific part ordered.

Excellent way to account for every penny

We switched to Quickbooks from an outdated software system that had limited budgeting options. Quickbooks provided immediate solutions to all of our needs, and being able to add payroll right into the mix (especially when we seasonally hire hundreds of staff), is very helpful. Very glad for quickbooks.

Pros

Everything is fast. Accessing and searching any transaction in the last few years is done in just a few seconds. It is very intuitive and easy to navigate, even for folks outside of the "accounting" world. I have staff who are not typically money-managers that have become very effective at managing their budget as a result of the tools Quickbooks provides.

Cons

The limited users with a basic license seems restrictive for small businesses. I also wish there was a "report designer" - so we aren't limited to the built-in reports. I often want to compare several reports together, and there's not a good way to merge them, so I have to export to excel and do a lot of extra work.

Andy from Beech ConstructionServices

Leymans accounting software and not in a bad way

When I was 18 I began my accounting career using QuickBooks. I did not have a college degree in accounting (instead it was History). I have since then risen to become a full controller in charge of a multimillion dollar construction company. The point here is that I learned everything from QuickBooks. It helped me learn cash flow analysis, reporting, the whole nine yards. It also taught me that there will come a time when you will replace it if your company grows beyond its means.

Pros

Very easy to learn and navigate. Reports are very easy to generate and easy to customize. The General ledger is very easy to navigate. for any entry level business or small business QuickBooks is the perfect software. Bills, Purchase Orders, Estimates are all very easy to input and the process of accounting because very fluid and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Once a company reaches a point where you need to do job costing, percentage of completion, or any other more in depth accounting, QuickBooks very quickly shows the areas it is lacking.

Tiffany from HGS

Multiple Uses

We've used this for years, as have many other businesses I've worked for, and it's a no-brainer.

Pros

Not only does our accounting team use this software, we have side businesses as well and put this software on our reception computer. When someone comes in to pay on their storage units, we were able to easily train everyone in the office to use it. It has a simple interface, but the functionality is endless if you are an experienced user.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons at this time. This software is simple, easy to use, and works across multiple platforms.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We strive to provide you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and efficiently, Tiffany. It's great to know that your whole team has been able to easily use QuickBooks! It sounds like you're a pro, but for some helpful tips on even more ways to use your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Damasia from Kortmed Marketing & Management

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great value for the money for small businesses

Overall for the cost of the software and the features and functionality it offers this is a great buy for small businesses. However if you need to do a lot of forecasting of future growth, you will not find that feature in QBE.

Pros

Ease of setting up a new set of books for each different company has been great. We use QBE for managing multiple entities and for allowing access to our CPA so that we do not have to send her a QB file. Really like the audit trails and the contributed reports.

Cons

Does not create proforma and no ability to forecast overall business performance 5 years out. Also would not recommend the Right Networks hosting of QBE, it runs really slow and limits you to only having 2 companies open total. However, if you value the top notch security and outstanding customer support that comes with Right Networks then it may be a right choice for you if you can deal with the lag time.

Joan from Northland Smiles

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Quickbooks is a very easy to use bookkeeping system. It allows you to do everything from Accounts Payable/Receivable and Payroll. Everything a business needs.

QuickBooks helps make the bookkeeping process easier and quick. I can generate any report that I need and export it into Excel. I can email copies to the Accountant. The overall processes are easy enough that you have time to do the other things you need to do to run your business.

Pros

I have been using this accounting software for years. The software is very easy to navigate. Everything you need for a business is available including payroll. The last few years they have also done a great job adding employee forms that you need like W-4 and I-9's so you don't have to go searching for them online or order hard paper copies. You can set up several corporations in one software program. Everything works together seamlessly.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like about the software. I have been using it for years and it does everything that I need it to do.

VICTORIA from Exodus

Industry: Environmental Services

Easy inventory program

I would recommend QB Enterprise for small to medium businesses that need to track inventory.

Pros

The QB Enterprise software is surprisingly easy to use. Setting up the vendors and customers may take a little bit longer because you can be specific on the markup percentages for each customer for each item in your inventory. The rest of the software, for the most part, operates like any other newer QB software for accounts payable, receivables, reports and payroll. The drop down menu for inventory offers quite a few options and I ended up customizing reports to retrieve a large amount of data in order to do rebates with the vendors.

Cons

Not many cons. The biggest is setting up vendors, customers and the inventory. You will need to key in all inventory or import from excel. Be careful what you name each product so that you can recognize it or cross reference the product. Setting up vendors for cost and sale price and related fields does take time for new entries.

KATRINA from www.whatnextk.com

When learning accounting most college coarse teach Quickbooks & it great for Self Employment.

Pros

QB is the one reason I don't spend a long time making spreadsheets because it easy to navigate. It kept track of tax payments when I need to look up information in the payroll section, it easy to do. All my business essentials are in one place such as: billing pay, invoicing & employee details. I have not had any problem when it come to duplicated, so being able to verified information cut down on errors. QB offers Auto-Pay feature is great so I want have to forget to pay each year.

Cons

I deal with a lot of numbers so when pulling reports it would be nice to have a calculated percentage. Remote access would be great since I mail a lot of packages QB invoices and packing slips don't allow for too much customization. You are required to repurchase this software every year to keep it current.

Brittany from Kelley and Company

Industry: Wholesale

Love Quickbooks

I have used Quickbooks for 9 years and love the program!

Pros

Easy to use. Covers all of our business needs. Customer Service is great and helpful

Cons

Occasionally they have weird software glitches

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

Thanks a bunch for this lovely review, Brittany. Your 9+ year loyalty is valued, and I'm thrilled the software is covering all the business needs of Kelley Operations. I've got just the fix for glitches, and there are steps in place no matter what version of QuickBooks you're using. I'll link them below: 1. If you're a Desktop customer, check out https://community.intuit.com/articles/1762796-repair-quickbooks-desktop. 2. Should you be using Online, you'll need https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/td-p/186420. The guides above are hosted by the Community, which is an excellent troubleshooting outlet. Check it out anytime, and take care! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Kerry from Arkansas Sustainable Livestock Cooperation (DBA Grass Roots Farmers' Cooperative)

QBE is not for the faint of heart

It's functional and it works in accordance with GAAP, so that is why our company uses it.

Pros

It is a very thorough accounting system, and has build assemblies which helps the costing process. Invoicing and customer set up is pretty simple, and I like the multiple price lists for different types of customers.

Cons

The advanced inventory system does not function well for inventory management purposes. The lot number tracking and bin location functions are difficult to use, and the option of having negative inventory is ridiculous because it causes data corruption. Why even offer it if it messes up everything?! It also is very difficult to find a 3rd party company that will link with QBE, whether it's an e-commerce platform or an inventory management add-on. Also, very expensive for multiple users.

Ean from Cedar Band Corporation

Great for the companies I am in charge of

I would like to see more Combined company reports available. Overall this is a fantastic piece of software and I plan to continue using for a long time to come.

Pros

Very easy to learn, use and take full advantage of. I use QB for 7 companies in the corporation that I am the head of Finance for. They are all small businesses, and having QB for these has made life very easy. The flexibility for each company's needs makes it very easy to track inventory for one company and loans for another. With Enterprise's ability to combine reports from other QB files I am able to easily prepare full corporation reports for my Board as well as our creditors and bankers.

Cons

Customer service seems lacking. It depends on who you get as to whether or not they will be able to solve your problem.

Bonnie from Restonic

Perfect for accounting, not for ERP

AP /AR was quite easy with QuickBooks Enterprise. It worked well with most eccommerce sites. Contacting their customer service was usually an all day affair, at least for tech support, but luckily that was rare. I highly recommend for small business accounting needs.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use, very user friendly. I had 9 years accounts receivable experience, but with an old terminal based system. I was able to learn QuickBooks receivables in a month. By the time I went to a 1 day class, I already knew more than the basics.

Cons

I would not recommend using QuickBooks as your ERP or for anything other than the most basic inventory. It is not sophisticated enough to keep track of lots or serial numbers well. I would also like more customization control over reports.

Excellent Product, Very Easy to Use

Pros

Cons

I was a first time user of this product and I had some issues with customer service, but searching youtube and other online resources really helped.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2018

Happy Tuesday, and thank you for taking the time to leave us with your comments. I'm glad you were able to find the answers you were looking for online, as we offer a wealth of self-help resources. Our official YouTube channel (https://intuit.me/2rJQ81k) is a great example, as are other spaces like the Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o ), and our Resource Center, located at https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd. Since I have you here, I do want to touch on your interaction with support. You're entitled to a wonderful engagement every time you reach out. So you're aware of all the channels available, I invite you to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). We have dedicated and expertly trained chat agents at the ready to lend a hand. They're open 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. EST M-F. Keep up the great work, by the way. You've got this! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Ryan from Construction

Good Software

Pros

easy to use, and if you have problem you can call customer service, Quickbooks Online is easy to use and smartly built. The company cares about its clients and makes resources available online to solve user problems. There's a large community of advisors and experts on the product that support it. (1) Easily configurable (2) Multi-user accessible anywhere, anytime.

Cons

When issues arise it is extremely difficult to get in touch with someone that is familiar enough with complicated issues to assist without being on the phone for HOURS. If there are mistakes with reconciliation, I need to contact my accountant to correct it. As an admin user I should have the ability to have 100% full control of my account and make any necessary corrections. QBO should integrate with more programs similar to that of OB Desktop.

Sophia from Insurance Xchange

Amazing product for small businesses and corporations

Pros

This product is suitable for a small business or a corporation. Its functionality allows easy access to financial health of the company, productivity reports, payroll, accounting, etc. Having these options at your fingertips provides everything any company needs to run a successful business. Optional modules are available if needed and they work seamlessly with the main program. Also, superb customer service is available when needed. This software is a must for any business.

Cons

Advanced use requires some training. Certain functionality still has some minor glitches but nothing that can't be solved by contacting customer service.

Meghan from MS Apartment Association

Great Accounting Software

Invoicing is a breeze!

Pros

QuickBooks makes this accounting process very easy. You can easily create invoices and check your financial status. The customer service has been great too.

Cons

One downside is you can only have 1 contact per customer.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi Meghan! Hearing that QuickBooks has made it easy to handle the accounting side of your business is music to our ears. With our software, we've made it our mission to have your daily tasks, like creating invoices, be easier than ever, so you can focus more on doing what you do best. Our developers truly value hearing what users like yourself would like to see implemented in future updates. We've submitted feedback on your behalf regarding adding additional contacts per customer. To stay up to date on what you can expect to see soon, we recommend checking out our official blog: (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and wish you all the best! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Stephanie from Non profit agency

Quick books has so many hidden functions to utilize

This software does so many different things that you may not be aware of such as monitoring credit card statements and balances, bank reconciliations, bill pay, vendor info , I-9 , reports, class and item ,etc

Pros

The consistency with accuracy with balancing your bank accounts and reconciliations. Payroll features that are very concise. Credit Card and vendor module very thorough. Bill pay very successful and reminders for when things are due.

Cons

It’s easy to duplicate things that are input when items are on a auto populate functions. It also will cause major problems if you don’t know how to delete something. It’s not user friendly you most definitely need training in order to use it.

Judy from CJ's Home Decor & Fireplaces LLC

Upgrades are always expensive

I will always continue to search for a payroll program that I like and at a reasonable cost. As of this year, I don't have to upgrade to be able to use everything else but the payroll part.

Pros

I like most of the payroll features I like being able to do my own payroll I like being able to add documents to my customer or vendor files The inventory feature is nice and ability to build bundles or groups is handy It has multiple reports for almost anything you need I can print off most forms needed for tax prep Our accountants are able to navigate it to prepare year end taxes

Cons

You are forced to upgrade to be able to do payroll - even enhanced payroll or go elsewhere for payroll. It will not allow me to keep an older version and manually update the taxes - it used to allow this and I didn't have to upgrade unless I needed some of the new features. Sometimes when I have needed help, it will take their people 10-12 hours to fix a problem. You are unable to insert new order forms into the forms in the system. The program needs more flexibility to meet everyone's need's.

Yvonne from Able & Ready Construction, LLC.

The power of QuickBooks Enterprise

Be sure to have someone knowledgeable with the powerful features of QuickBooks including item and class tracking when setting up your company.

Pros

Its amazing the power and features available to a company in an off the shelf accounting package. With the affordability and ease of use that Enterprise offers it has opened up the capability to have professional information and reports at your finger tips for small to mid sized companies. Using a few of the key features included in QuickBooks companies can track job cost, inventory, budgets, and much more.

Cons

QuickBooks desktop has a few little quirks here and there that we have all learned to live with over the years.

Erik from Norcostco

QuickBooks Enterprise - not really suitable for multi-location businesses

QuickBooks Enterprise at first glance seemed like a good fit for my 5-location business. The feature set is rich, is a widely accepted accounting package and came with a nice support package. The fundamental features of the software are quite impressive and met the core needs of my business with range from retail sales to large projects. To handle the multiple locations, there is a "class" (location) construct that allows you to use a single chart of accounts and use class to designate where things apply. For standard income/expense accounts this works well and I can track sales and expenses easily. Where the implementation fall very short is with asset/liability accounts. For example, if you have 100 widgets in class A and 0 in class B (store A and store B) and you transfer 50 widgets to class B, the count of widgets is done correctly, but the inventory value of the transferred widgets still remains in the first class. It's made a mess of my inventory values and we've had to resort to processing manual GL entries anytime we transfer items from store to store. The same holds true with banking - the class structure is only partially implemented. There are work-arounds, but they're slow and cumbersome. Reporting is another soft spot. There are plenty of pre-made reports that are decent and you can build custom reports. The issue is that custom reports are very unstable and more often than not, you'll find that reports lock up (or frozen as you'll read everywhere). This makes them pretty much worthless unless you enjoy creating a new custom report every time you want to use one. Customer support is very energetic, but it's mainly people who have never used accounting software outside a PowerPoint driven training scenario. The usual answer is to either use Google or look on the Intuit community forums. Fairly disappointing. We've managed to figure most things out, but it's taken far longer than if we had access to people with real-world experience. There are a couple of great YouTube users (Hector) who were very helpful with their videos.

Pros

Simple interface Widely used by the industry 30 user capability Mid-rage price tag on a subscription basis

Cons

The class implementation is only partially implemented and causes great pain when using this to run multiple locations The performance is marginal Required a lot of extra plug-ins to accomplish things Custom reports are reasonably flexible, but are very, very unstable and aren't very usable. Customer support is lackluster with the common answer being, "have you looked on Google?" Credit card processing through Intuit is not competitively priced

Jon from AWS Distributing, Inc.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Pros

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Cons

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

Kevin from Double M Ag & Irrigation

QuickBooks Enterprise is a great Accounting program

Great functionality for the cost making QuickBooks Enterprise a great value program for smaller companies with medium to low transactions and less than a few thousand inventory items.

Pros

Handles inventory Easy to drill down to specific transaction from a top level view Great reporting/reports Easy to use

Cons

Not so good for tracking inventory and sales for high quantity transactions/items. We would have to start a new file every two year, otherwise, the file would get too big and become corrupted. Customer support, while they try hard, is not stellar. I could figure out most of my questions through online searches where customer support would either give me bad advice or not have a solution.

Heather from Cattle Visions

Industry: Farming

Enterprise needs more competition

It's a really good solution to get things done that you need but be prepared for frustrations and a customer service that is less than helpful.

Pros

Quickbooks Enterprise has the ability to do practically everything needed in small business finance. It's a great solution for keeping all financials organized.

Cons

It's way too buggy. Every update comes with new bugs that they promise to fix and then never do. I've known other companies to have the exact same issues, so I'm certain it's not an internal computer issue that is causing these problems with the software. It also tends to crash fairly regular. The whole thing really boggs down memory.

Michelle from BA Harris

Love this software

This is a great product. I use it for bookkeeping for several large clients as well as small. I know utilize it for my personal finances, it's easy!

Pros

Very user friendly and intuitive. Easy for a beginner to become a pro within a short period of time.

Cons

I don't have any ideas on who to make this product better.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi, Michelle. Intuitive is the name, and easy to use is our game. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks! You can continue to count on us for all of your bookkeeping needs. We recommend checking out our video tutorials for even more info on ways to use your account: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team