(9,822)

9,822

(5,448)

5,448

• Pros

• "Product is very easy to navigate and extremely efficient. I have and will continue to recommend it! "

• "I love this software, everything about it. It is so easy and efficient to use and it is not complex at all."

• "I love everything about this software! I love how it makes it easy to do almost everything and that even the most inexperienced person can figure it out."

• Cons

• "The interface is often confusing, because of the variety of commands, however several friends use it and share experiences with me."

• "The search engine was changed and now it doesn't work as it used to. Overall is a very good app for the money."

• "It is not intuitive and reviewing old operations is a bit difficult but the system gradually learns and ends up being a great accounting and administrative tool"

Browse QuickBooks for Mac Reviews

Antonio from Mustard Seed Systems Corp.

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.

Dr. Joseph from DuChene Natural Health Center

Big improvement over the desktop version

The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

Pros

I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

Cons

The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

Mira from Blueshore Boutique

Great software and hard to live without if you have a growing business

Great if you have a growing business that's bringing in profits. You'll thank yourself during tax season.

Pros

I love that my Quickbooks online software is accessible through the web. It is able to sync my PayPal transactions with its software which helps with bookkeeping and prevents me from forgetting to enter transactions which I apparently often do. The app gives useful reports and allows me to create my own custom reports. It tells me which products are most profitable, my current business performance versus the previous year, which category takes up the most expense, and more. The profit & loss report is perfect during tax season. As long as you categorize and accurately record expenses throughout the year, the tax account can easily do your taxes. You can also track your inventory with QuickBooks.

Cons

My first year as a subscriber was really cheap, but after a year, they increased my subscription price. The user or admin must be detailed and accurate with data entry in order to make useful reports. My subscription didn't have a way to record mileage.

Beatriz from U.E.N.B "Rafael Valery Maza"

A geneality of application. Very easy to use and gives good results

There are fewer data entry errors when using the QuickBooks integration, since there are fewer data entries manually. Human beings make mistakes and the ability to eliminate the entry of redundant data will diminish these errors. In addition, QuickBooks integration allows for the fastest workflow from the point of entry to the billing phase, allowing the company to charge faster and increase cash flow.

Pros

The software allows users to handle a variety of financial records, including sales receipts, payments, tax forms, invoices and inventory accounting records. Because Quickbooks is so easy to use, most tasks can be carried out without in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures. Manage your finances anywhere, you can track sales, create and send invoices, and know how your business is doing at any time. Best of all, your information is automatically backed up. Access and manage your books from your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone anytime you choose. Create access privileges so that your colleague or accountant can login and work with your data online. Know exactly how much money you have and how much you owe at any moment - your data is synced and backed up automatically. You can even photograph and save receipts with the QuickBooks Online mobile app. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that you can send in minutes. Instantly see how your business is performing with customizable reports and dashboards. If you need help, support is available with answers to your questions and information on running your business.

Cons

Although QuickBooks provides an audit trail for most of the information, there are some situations in which financial information can be changed without leaving any kind of documentation. Depending on how a customer uses the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with a section on fixed assets. Also in order to keep the software up to date, there are a number of costly improvements that entrepreneurs may have to buy. Normally, these updates are only needed once a year in order to receive the most current payroll and other services. While the online service offers fewer features than the desktop version of the software, the most serious drawback is the history of extended outages. Also the extensive features of QuickBooks can be overwhelming for some smaller companies, as they can make the software more difficult to use and understand. QuickBooks is also better suited for double-entry bookkeeping, even though many small businesses use it for only one.

Ricky from Cardax, Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros

Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons

One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Crucial Part of Any Successful Business

I have been able to do much better cost-analysis and budgeting using QB. My company's "health" can be monitored regularly that shows me things such as what expenses I need to cut or reduce or what types of services should I be selling more of that show higher profitability. Overall, I am very happy and will continue to learn and utilize it every day. Thanks Intuit!

Pros

The best features of this software is that it is WEB-BASED and my bookkeeper can CONTINUALLY UPDATE it so that I have real-time data. Quickbooks (QB) SYNCS VERY ACCURATELY with my current CRM system for sales and scheduling which provides me with the ability to create reports from QB that I can use when analyzing profit/loss and balance sheet info.

Cons

The software is relatively easy to use, but I would like to see MORE VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE so that I can use more of the many features that QB has that can help my business.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

I did not want an "all-in-one" solution. I am happy with my current Kickserv CRM syncing with Quickbooks

Ashley from Sisco & Associates Consulting Services Inc.

Industry: Research

Excellent Accounting Software

We are very happy with Quickbooks and will be using it for the foreseeable future! Highly recommend.

Pros

Quickbooks is relatively easy to use even for beginners in finance. As a small SME that has grown a bit, I have found this product to be essential to our business both in terms of financial management and planning. The customer service is great and the product is fairly intuitive.

Cons

Some features should be standardized, such as the inclusion of the 50% HST rule for meals & entertainment. We were able to add it but given the popularity of this expense it should be automated.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Research and references from accountants and other business owners.

Response from Intuit

Replied April 2020

Hi Ashley, Nothing makes us happier than hearing that QuickBooks has become an essential tool for managing your business needs. As you continue to grow, you can be confident that our software will back you each step of the way. We appreciate you sharing with us your suggestion for standardizing the HST rule. Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve QuickBooks, so I'll make sure they receive your feedback. To stay in the loop on what features they're working on next, be sure to check out our blog(https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for leaving us such a great review and we look forward to working with you for years to come! Wishing you continued success, Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Joy Beth from Assured Performance Network

If I could find a cheaper easier product I would switch in a heartbeat.

It’s a love hate relationship! I hate paying so much each month to use it, I hate waiting for my money when people pay my invoices. I love that I have a method to track my miles and my invoices, but I would like a more cost effective method.

Pros

Being able to create invoices and track my mileage while cleaning up my personal budget at the same time.

Cons

The cost, and waiting for my money to get to my bank. Any other app your money appears within hours maybe a day or two but QuickBooks holds your money for a full week, 5 business days so if you get paid on a Friday you won’t have access to the funds until a week later on that Monday so two weekends later. Which I know there are business’s that are fluid and waiting for their money is no big deal but my business uses my money to purchase the products I need to do the job.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Just to make a client happy for what I thought was going to be ease of payment.

Steven from Wander INC

Really great product as any other from Intuit

We are solving general accounting bookkeeping, managing and paying bills and general sales quotes.

Pros

I really love all intuit products and use most of them. Quickbooks especially love it because I have some personal projects like an eBay store and you can easily integrate and we also use it in our company so it really handles well small or medium-sized companies, not sure for big companies my only experience is using it for small and big ones, but I guess it will work as well.

Cons

Their support people can be a bit slow, but overall everything is great.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

It's a well know accounting software and there is a lot of integration out there for it.

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Bookkeeping Redefined

The accounting departments will be in good hands with QuickBooks and its intelligent product.

Pros

I, for one, am a huge enthusiast of Intuit and its applications. QuickBooks adds on to that positivity I have for the brand. I am enthralled by the way the bookkeeping software is organized and detailed to the maximum. I love it. I'm all for artistic layouts as a business creative in art direction and QuickBooks really pulls through with that. It keeps your accounting, payroll, and payments managed in a superb distribution.

Cons

The only thought I would have expressed would be the need for a self-updating bookkeeping section. But QuickBooks read my mind when it came through with its Live Bookkeeping insight. So keep up the great work!

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

The moment I saw Intuit on the bookkeeping software, I immediately turned to give it a trial run and was impressed by what it had to offer.

Fazal from Tsinghua

Industry: Broadcast Media

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Bakari from BakariChavanu.net

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes

Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Pros

I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money. Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Cons

Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

Response from Intuit

Replied April 2020

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Donna from Consumer Goods

Industry: Farming

Very Happy with this software.

Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros

You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons

Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Seemed like QuickBooks had more to offer. Very universal and when putting in a sales order, once you enter it, you can make changes from pick ticket to invoicing.

Response from Intuit

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Larry from Apollo Home Inspection

QuickBooks Pro Easy to set up and use

I have used the software for two different small businesses. The prior company I used many of the features including Banking, Estimates, invoicing, and Payroll. My present business I no longer need the estimates and payroll. It is nice to be able to see exactly where I am cashflow wise and also comparing profit and loss with prior time periods. I also use it to keep all of my client's information in one place. It also links seamlessly with my Home Inspection Software (HomeGauge). It imports all the client info easily into the report.

Pros

It seams to be very intuitive (no pun intended) in its use. It also is easy for me to send the company file electronically to my accountant for year end Tax purposes. My accountant actually recommended quickBooks many years ago and have using it for well over 25 years, and for two different businesses during that time. It is also worth noting that I have upgraded about every two to 4 years and have not had any problems loading the company files into the newer version.

Cons

About the only thing I did not like was customer service. When I did have to call them with a particular problem, they wanted to charge me for it. Even when it was clearly a defect in their software. With a small company and not needing to use all the bells and whistles the software is capable of, I opt to not have the support included but they do have the (paid) option for those that may need frequent support.

Recommendation by my Accountant/CPA

I taught my brother over the phone!

I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Pros

The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself. Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Cons

I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service. One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

More features and functionality.

Andrew from Military

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Quickbooks online is very limited in capabilities.

Mark from Mamor LLC

Quickbooks review from a long time user.

I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Pros

I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Cons

I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

User interface was easiest for my employees to start with and improvements in function has been a key to continued use.

Isaac Tatenda from Ethical Holdings

Industry: Farming

Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura

I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly. I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows. Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Pros

The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends. Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well. In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material. The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced. Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook. Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues. Invoice & dashboard customisation

Cons

System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Quickbooks was more affordable yet sufficing our needs

John from Sunny Days In-Home Care

Accounting Without a Financial Background

When I became the Executive Director at our home care agency, my list of responsibilities went from strictly operations (my background) to include every component of the company. Without any experience in accounting or finance I was somewhat nervous about being responsible for overseeing our finance division as well. QuickBooks is so user friendly, that with some basic training from our Financial Manager, and some time spent on YouTube, I was able to quickly gain an understanding of where our agency stood from a financial standpoint. The fact that I could understand this so quickly is a testament to how user-friendly QuickBooks truly is. I'm able to easily monitor where our company is with regards to Accounts Receivible, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Profit and Loss. Our agency has grown significantly over the past few years, QuickBooks is one of the reasons that we've been able to scale up so easily. I highly recommend it for your business!

Pros

-I really like how easy it is to navigate the dashboard. I can quickly go in and find whatever I'm looking for at that time. -QuickBooks' ability to interface with Apps such as Expensify, that allow us to keep everything in one place is a great feature as well.

Cons

-We initially had a difficult time syncing it up with our bank account. We were able to eventually set it up, but it took some back and forth to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Quickbooks seemed much more user-friendly, and also was accepted by our online scheduling system.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

The Default Small Busines bookeeping software

We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Pros

The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Cons

About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

Accounting software for beginners to experts

We're a small-medium sized business, and Quickbooks is the best option for us to do our own accounting. Once a year, we'll send the file (it even has "send an accountant's copy" options) to our professional accountants to look over.

Pros

Quickbooks is honestly the easiest, most straight-forward accounting software I've encountered. And if there's something you can't find, they have an awesome how to section online, where you can find professional advice or even advice from other users! Their home screen has little arrows pointing you in the right direction (like Sales Order -goes to-> Invoices -goes to-> Receive Payments). Makes it easy for even computer illiterates to use! It follows a very easy structure, so if you have any common sense but no accounting background, you can still figure out what to do!

Cons

Quickbooks sometimes has little glitches or shuts down when you're trying to do something. It's not that big a deal, doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's usually when you have someone on the phone waiting for you, and you're trying to get QB working again.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Xero was extremely expensive, though it does have more extensive accounting capabilities. We went with Quickbooks because it's affordable and really does have everything we need to run this business day to day.

Jane from Ryder Author Resources

Industry: Publishing

Worth the price tag

I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

One of the things that makes QB worth the price tag is that it includes *everything* a small business needs. Rather than having to track income, expenses, taxes, and payroll in separate places, everything is linked and organized in one place.

Antineta from NCA

Quickbooks Online

Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros

Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons

I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

Blake from Midwest Tungsten Service

Industry: Mining & Metals

Value for the money is incredible

Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

The automation and integrations. Our transactions book seamlessly and we don't have to spend a lot of time on non-value add activities such as month end reconciliations.

Jay from Kyber Digital

Moved from Authorize . net

Extremely easy sign-up process with no BS or hidden fees and months to month contract. However the customer support team tends to not be first in particular areas.

Pros

For 1% with a Of $10 a day you can transfer an ACH payment into your bank account immediately versus having it go in five days like a normal ACH bank to bank transfer would take. The software is extremely user friendly with modern UI.

Cons

I wanted to set up recurring billing for my clients where they were also invoiced every month but billed automatically. For whatever reason the rep that I got on the phone with had no idea what I was talking about no matter how I worded it I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill yeah I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess there’s software is pretty I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill and I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess their software is pretty immense.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

My accountant uses QuickBooks and Divvy (our expense tracking credit card) Exports right out into QB so it was a no brainer.

Stephanie from Nora Conrad

The only accounting software I'll use

Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

The price point and the simple design

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a 5 star review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tom from Alkemi Clean Greensboro LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

Best option we've found

Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't. It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pros

QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time. I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere. Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Cons

QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429 Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbook The old and the online

Still my go to package and it will continue to get better as time goes by with the online version. Offline version is still be most powerful for small business (non-us) countries.

Pros

It has becoming the defecto accounting package for my company and we recommend it due to ease of use, and familiarity. The technology has evolved into the online offerings and this added the value to small business enabling them to interface online with customers, - estimates, quotes and invoices can be easily email. The offline (desktop) version was preferred by small non US based business due to the ability to customize some components to fit non-generic business procedures, the online version is a bit more standardize. However overall the online offer has quite suited for small business. It ease of use and cloud offer takes away from a number of business continuity challenges, allowing a mom or pop shop to operate with the public image as any other large firm. Reporting for the small business user is a great feature, help management to be self sufficient with dashboard reporting, built in.

Cons

COST: The online software for the required feature will a small business at least 35 per month for the current offer. LACK of ability to Custom fields: There is a lack of ability to create your own data fields which is useful for non-us customer due to local standards and regulations.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

QuickBooks is a friendly, easy to use and now highly available tools, mobile, web/desktop. The upfront investment to get started is a fraction of what it will take. More over, the use of tablets and QuickBooks create the " modern business" look and feel for small businesses.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Thanks so much for your detailed review. We strive to provide the necessary tools to meet the needs of every business. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks. As the product evolves, we're working to incorporate even more functionality. You can find out more about these kinds of updates by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kelly from Smart Apartment Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Quickbooks Desktop

I became certified with QB in 1999. I have enjoyed the program and recommend it to most business people I know. I find that their customer service is once again back to where it was in the beginning, great. I used to dread the QB customer service experience, it was so horrific. Since we moved to Enterprise, it has been a huge improvement. And customer service is one of the biggest selling points for me, when you are working with the software every, single day, year in & year out.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Mostly self-explanatory. Because it is so widely used there a lot of available answers for most any question that you may have.

Cons

The 3 things I dislike with QB. One is the cost of integrating all of the parts that you need to run a business. For companies between the small to medium, QuickBooks is one of the few really good options. But their costs to add on payroll & cloud hosting, is frankly too much. My next complaint is the reports. When QB first came out, you could create your reports any way you wanted and it was fantastic. Although the reports are nice, the inability to combine items from balance sheet & income statement without using all of the accounts is a pain. Especially when you are looking for only certain items. I know there are work arounds but they are a pain. Also, I am not a fan of QB online, you lose too much autonomy and flexibility with that system, too much to comfortably switch when you when multi site access.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

We upgraded to Enterprise, it offered what we needed with the best costs.

Response from Intuit

Replied December 2019

Hello, Kelly. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day. You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting needs! We're continually working to incorporate great user suggestions like yours. You can find out more about these types of updates by checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for being a loyal member of the QuickBooks Family! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Katlyn from Com-Care Inc.

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pros

Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Cons

We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

The overall value. We could get more for the price with what Quickbooks was offering. Plus the compatibility of Quickbooks with so many other products.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com). Cheering you to continued success! David, The QuickBooks Team

Gloria from A Greener Clean LLC

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

It was a great all in one product at a price that fit my budget

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Mudassir from Accounting

My experience.

This software is really recommended for those user who want to maintain books without going into complex software like tally and busy.

Pros

My experience on quick book has been quite good it is easy to use by even those user who are not well aware about accounting and bookkeeping. Most of my clients who are from non commerce background are using ebook without any difficulty. It's easy to generate various reports in quick books. Entering day to day transactions is also not that difficult as is the case with tally and busy. With the only difficulty that mt clients face is when they come across some new ledger they feel helpless and have no option but to contact me.

Cons

As I described above that all my clients who ate using is face difficulty only at the time when they have to create a new ledger they are bit confuse otherwise it is far better than tally and busy.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Easy, user friendly and does not require expert knowledge.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi, Mudassir. It makes our day to hear how easy to use and how much you've been able to do in QuickBooks. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping needs! If you ever find that you need a helping hand, the Community is a great resource to visit. Here, you can browse a variety of articles and receive guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Justin from John Van Dyk Professional Corporation

QuickBooks Online review

As we deal with mostly smaller business our experience is very good with QBO and it works very well and i would say a large majority of our clients are happy with it.

Pros

QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a very useful software for our industry. It gives clients a much easier time when completing their accounting records. The software is fairly easy to use with most clients (even those with little or not accounting experience) can use the software little or no training on our part.

Cons

The software is very good and very geared towards smaller companies and owner-manged businesses. If the company grows it is very evident that QBO is no longer useful for them. It does not handle a large number of transactions easily and the larger you are the more likely that error downloads will occur and duplicates or omitting transactions does occur.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

QBO is the most well known and it has a lot of integrations with our accounting software, other companies are coming but at the time this was our best option mainly because of that.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi, Justin. Providing you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! We're continually working to provide advanced features and functionality that will meet the needs of every business. To find out about what's going on behind the scenes, we invite you to check out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, you may want to take a look at our available apps that integrate directly with your account to expand it's versatility (https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home). Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Miguel from Plant With Purpose

Industry: Environmental Services

Finance & Accounting Assistant

It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

Pros

We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's: 1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other 2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed. 3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO 4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Cons

1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail. 2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link 3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Brenda from Jscom

Quick Book Review

Using QB made my life a lot easier in terms of my work and allow me to do a lot. it tracts our finances well and able to return the mistakes that companies making in tallying the accounts. it practically made me feel as i am really an accounts because the basic accounting is very easy to learn despite if you are a beginner in this software. The details in the board are very well written and understand easily without going in any training. it is perfectly very helpful.

Pros

Aside from Its easier to use even if you doesn't have the accounting background, it keep things in order. It helps you understand the basic book keeping the reports about finances and the invoicing is a lot easier to do on this software. I thank this as i am able to connect with the financial status and bank qualifications without committing any mistake.

Cons

QB is not compatible with all the banks and not able to inform you if there are problems with the connection. They should upgrade some details to be able to catch up with the trends as other establishments are upgrading their accounting software. I have difficulty also in using our cheque printer as its always occurring the network not compatible with the software note.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Its practically difficult to understand

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Brenda. We believe in simplifying the functions and tools in the software to make your job easier. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed using QuickBooks. We'll continue to help lighten he work load! Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve the software. You can keep up with what will be included in new updates by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kianja from Bookkeepers and Associates LLC

QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use

Pros

Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Robin from The Digital Marketing People

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros

I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons

It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tim from Pure Word Church

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Sarah from EVB

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros

Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons

The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Christian from Haldey Pharma

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pros

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Cons

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Beverly from R&R Legacy Group LLC

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Cons

I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

They offered more services at a reasonable price.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheers to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Lynn from Buskey Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

Almost flawless functionality

My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Pros

Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Cons

Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

I don't remember why I choose Quickbooks over Quicken because it was so long ago (2006). My impression is that these programs are fairly comparable.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). Thank you for review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Jennifer from Integrity Bookkeepers Ltd

Quickbooks has made my practice

Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Pros

Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Cons

I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Better functionality, cost and the free training that was available.

Karen from Self employed

Industry: Maritime

Quickbooks: Perfect for small businesses; requires minimal accounting background; cost efficient

QuickBooks is perfect for a small business without extensive accounting knowledge to manage and track financial aspects of their business. With the online payroll tax reports available as well as year end W2's and 1099's, it is very easy to handle monthly, quarterly, and year end tax reporting with an affordable subscription . The con is that it is a "one size fits all" and does not offer enough ability to customize to a specific business.

Pros

QuickBooks is the most popular software on the market due to it's ease of use, and it's cost efficiency. A beginner with computer literacy and basic financial knowledge can set up a company and post transactions with little or no support assistance. Printing needed month end reports such as Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Job Costs, etc. is simple and requires minimal steps to accomplish. With the online subscription, payroll is quick and easy including payroll tax reports. The ability to send our CPA a year end report for filing taxes is a major plus.

Cons

While QuickBooks is the easiest accounting software to use, I prefer more detailed accounting applications. I have in-depth accounting knowledge and would prefer to have a company specific design rather than a cookie cutter one size fits all. While I like the financial reports with QuickBooks, I really don't like the Payroll report designs. Previous accounting software that I used offered a much better layout for payroll reports which offered a quick view of employee wages and deductions. QB's report has too many wasted columns in the P/R report and it takes a lot of time for me to customize the report to the information that I want. There are also functions that are not available in QB such as easy posting of "cash advances" to employees which is something used frequently by the company I work with.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We love knowing you've been able to count on us for your reporting, tracking, and payroll needs, Karen! Providing the tools to make your job easier is our number one goal. For additional info on customizing reports, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382). To stay in the know on how we're working to improve, we invite you to take a look at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Great features for the price point

Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pros

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Cons

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it. Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

1. Less cumbersome 2. More functionalities

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Anthony from Kvngsman Clothiers

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ

It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pros

I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate. It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily. With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Cons

Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order. Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa. Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

William from Employment Assistance

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Reputation, ease of use, previous experience with the product.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Bulinda from Stirrin In Soul Inc

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

QuickBooks were very inexpensive and we could see our errors as we entered them into the ledger. I am a very cautious person who likes to maintain stability within the company and I will take the responsibility for any problems of management.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Tracy from Office Solutions

The Small Business Software of Choice

Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Pros

What I like most about the software is: 1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task. 2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything. 3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing. 4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes. 5. Value for the money 6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Cons

Cons: 1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good. 2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

Since QuickBooks virtually owns the small business space in accounting software, there weren't really any other options.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637). Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Polly from Broncoed Estates

Brilliant Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Once you take your time to enter in all product, customer, supplier information etc you have a great tool to undertake your bookkeeping accurately and professionally. It's quick to be able to perform tasks, which in turn allows me more time to do what I do best. I have all the information I need to be able to analyse the performance of my business and instantly can make financial changes and decisions necessary to keep abreast of my competitors.

Pros

Easy step by step guides to setting up the software which is tailored to your company and the type of industry you work in. If you have an understanding of bookkeeping, then QB is very easy to navigate around. Data input is simple and it takes very little time to be able to produce your 1st, professional looking invoice batch and email to your customers. Expense recording is also very easy to understand. Bank reconciliation is very quick and integration with your own bank account is great. There are numerous reports which can be quickly adapted to suit your own requirements. On the whole a great all round accounting software package for a small to medium size business.

Cons

Would prefer to be able to purchase desk top software and not the pay monthly/yearly. Apart from a few tiny niggles, I would buy QB before any other accountancy software packages.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks for Mac

There was little other choice at the time and I had used QB on many an occasion and knew that it was a more appropriate product choice for my business.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Polly! QuickBooks was designed for business owners like yourself to make it easier to track your finances and focus on doing what you love. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the numerous features and we'll be sure to continually enhance our software so it grows with your business. To stay up to date on what's being worked on next, we recommend keeping an eye on our blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. Cheers to your continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Displaying 1 - 50 of 16,489 reviews