• Pros

• "It is simple to use and easy to understand. Coming from a background of doing bookkeeping and payroll manually, I really appreciate the way this program makes life easier."

• "I loved the user-friendly dashboard and how easily it connects to all of your different services and platforms."

• "I like the help section. Absolute life saver!! Being able to find the answers quickly is awesome!!!!! "

• Cons

• "It can get really pricey but you pay for what you get also it take awhile to learn but the customer service line is always there to help."

• "A bit tricky when you have a question, but I do like the forum for users."

• "There is not enough hands on training available in my area. I'm a quick learner but sometimes it's difficult to find the best solution to my questions."

Browse QuickBooks Nonprofit Reviews

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Curran from ACCE

Industry: Public Policy

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Nonprofit

We are unsure if the online platform fits all of our needs. Also switching from our current platform would require effort and time we don't have at the moment.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Amy from KWP

Non-profit ease of use

It saves me time compared to what we were using before. The help search feature almost always has answers to solve my problem.

Pros

The desk top version is economical for our purposes. The reports are easy to produce for our board, and the file can be easily shared with our accountant.

Cons

I'm sure we could be using project management and budgeting features better but with so many separate projects going on at the same time with different start and end dates, I haven't been able to find a way to do this. The one time I did need live customer service, the person didn't follow up with me as he said he would.

Haley from KRCL

Industry: Philanthropy

You probably don't need it

Unless you really need the non-profit specific features, just get Quickbooks premier and choose non-profit as your industry. You'll get some of the customization of the non-profit version and save money.

Pros

It changes some of the standard Quickbooks features to be non-profit specific, like changing invoices to be called pledges and renaming some reports. That can be helpful so everyone (staff, board, accountant, auditor, etc) is on the same page when talking about things.

Cons

Regular Quickbooks is cheaper. If your accountant uses Quickbooks and your organization uses Quickbooks Non-profit, they can't export your data and work on it with their software, they'll have to use yours.

Lisha from Bethlehem House Inc.

Simple Accounting at it's best!

For daily use for a small business, it's great.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it ends abruptly and abnormally, and if you make an error, it is sometimes difficult to make a correction.

Theresa from Laguna Canyon Foundation

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Pros

Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Cons

Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/ We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks is a basic accounting software that helps to keep the books up to date.

I would recommend Quickbooks to small organizations that need a basic accounting software, small to mid volume of vendors/invoices.

Pros

Easy to use (General Ledger) Some flexibility downloading information to Excel (General Ledger) Price

Cons

Fixed Assets functionality is only available in Single-User mode Merchant activity is not applied automatically as promised if you have more than one GL account Reports are very rigid It does not have a report designer that gives the flexibility to download information Unable to upload activity from Excel without a 3rd party software It does not have account reconciliation system to keep track of balance sheet accounts

Response from Intuit

Replied February 2018

This is something we can help you with. Please reach out to us at QBCares@Intuit.com so we can provide you with further support. Thanks for your feedback! Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

Jody from Upstream Intl. Inc.

Does what we need, but could be better

It is a decent program. It was a bit "painful" getting it set up. But overall, we do like it for what we do.

Pros

Ability to categorize transactions by class Widely used by other companies, so able to get advice from our accountant and others online. The ease with which we can reconcile accounts.

Cons

Somewhat "glitchy" - for example, when we record a payment by "check", QB doesn't hold the "check" designation. So no "type of payment" is recorded. All other payment forms work. It's not always that intuitive to find the way to do things. Like getting a refund check from a vendor takes way more steps than it really should. And it's not very intuitive. I wish you could run a batch of memorized transactions without having to exit and re-open the program. And maybe there is . . . but if there is, it's not intuitive as to how. I would like to switch to the online version, but it doesn't have all the same features that I have in my desktop version.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Nonprofit

We were already using a version of Quickbooks, so the transition was easy. And the price was right.

KORBIN from Reclamation Church Monroeville

Finances In A Jiffy!

I love the product. They are always improving and updating the software. The improvements only take moments to upload and they always offer quick tutorials on any changes. I love it!

Pros

I love the ease of use. We use this software for our non-profit and have found it to be an accurate way to record all of our financial transactions and support our info with really great reports.

Cons

I really would have to knit pick in order find something which i do not like about Quickbooks Non-profit. I had my own insecurities about using it when i started, but QB made it easy to learn.

Celeste from The First Tee

Great

Pros

It never felt like the non-profit version held back any of the features we needed in order to thoroughly account for our non-profit revenue & expenses. I loved that we could customize the chart of accounts which makes it much easier when preparing our 990 and other financial reports. Quickbooks made it very easy to connect with our bank and import transaction data, which is a huge time save.

Cons

It's restricted to use on the computer it's installed on. We've since migrated to Quickbooks Online because of the cloud-based nature.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2018

Happy Wednesday, Celeste. I'm delighted you found the product that works best for the nature of your non-profit, as we're proud to be backing you. You're the best part of QuickBooks, which is why we've created self-help and support spaces like our aptly-named Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd) with you in mind. Check it out anytime, since it's the central hub of workflow tips and how-to tutorials. I loved reading about how the customization options and feature-set in the cloud-based service have helped The First Tee, by the way. Thanks a ton for sharing your comments! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Sue from Rehoboth Beach Film Society

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

easy to use and teach makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use easy to teach functions are compatible with our organization's operations Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap tech support is too expensive some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

Replied June 2018

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market. Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Maurice from Cornerstone Community Church

QB Nonprofit easy to use

User friendly.

Pros

QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Cons

1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support. 2. No name search for employees.

Alissa from Education Management

A must for non-profits

Pros

Of course QuickBooks is the must have financial program for all your financial needs. The non profit version allows you to also track donations and the reports are titled for non profit reporting.

Cons

A bit tricky when you have a question, but I do like the forum for users.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2018

Thanks a ton for the review, Alissa. I'm delighted to read we're meeting the needs of your non-profit, as we're more than proud to be backing you and your team. I'm glad you've had a chance to check out our aptly-named Community forum space (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), so have you had a chance to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) yet? We have chat-based representatives monitoring the customer comments and messages coming through those channels, and it'd be their pleasure to answer any questions you may have. Keep up the excellent work, by the way! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Very helpful

Pros

Software is very helpful and easy to use especially if you don't understand the nonprofit exceptions.

Cons

Can become a little pricey as you build and continue services.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

Happy Tuesday, and thanks a ton for reaching out with this review. It's affirming to read the program has been an especially helpful addition to your nonprofit. Since you mentioned price, I want to ensure you're getting the best value available for your organization. Rest assured, there are cost-efficient options in place, and it'd be my pleasure to discuss them with you. My inbox at QBCares@Intuit.com is open, and I have the tools to help. In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) should you have questions. They're open M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST. Until we chat again, take it easy! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Kat from RFF

Great option for small to medium size non-profits

Quickbooks allows non-profits to easily store and manage their financial data. It is very easy to learn the system and, because of this, can be easily integrated in to the workplace. Overall, I think QB is a great system for nonprofits that are too small for a large system like Intacct.

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and intuitive. What I particularly like about Quickbooks is that there are several different ways to do a task. Financial information is very easy to enter, maintain and process. One of the best features of QB are the reports, which are very customizable and helpful for understanding who owes you, who you owe, etc. Finally, there are many add-ons, which is very helpful and would allow most non-profits to run an organization entirely through the program if they chose.

Cons

Quickbooks seems to be continually improving its systems and the company really seems to listen to customer feedback. That being said, there are several functions that can be frustrating. For example, undoing reconciliations. In addition, while the reports are very customizable, their features are not exhaustive.

William from CRCHC

Great for a small to medium sized business.

Pros

My company uses Quickbooks Nonprofit specifically for payroll services. It has certain features absent from quickbooks online. Namely the ability to use multiple classes for an individual. The software is very affordable and if you work for a small to medium sized nonprofit organization, this is probably the best value. The software is very user friendly, and even a non-accountant can be quite proficient.

Cons

The software is not easily transfered to other software programs. For instance, even when you export a report to Excel, it includes blank spaces between columns, and some include row headers in different columns. This makes some cleaning up necessary if a pivot table is desired.

Sharon from self-employed

Excellent Software

Pros

Quickbooks Nonprofit is an excellent software. Granted it does take a while to learn how to customize individual reports, but I have been using it for years and it I can't think of a more straight forward software to use for nonprofit clients.

Cons

Quickbooks tends to slow down the laptop a touch.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Excellent and straight forward are descriptions we aim for, Sharon, and we love knowing this is what you think of QuickBooks! You can continue to depend on us to help with all of your non-profit's bookkeeping needs. We recommend this article to keep everything running at optimal performance: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/m-p/186420 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Barry from Roanoke Valley SPCA

Everything a Nonprofit needs financially

I don't like the lack of support after two years. But the community of QuickBooks users is so large that help can be found almost anywhere.

Pros

This program is customizable to the needs of each Nonprofit. It can be used as a standalone program or a networked financial database. It has all the necessary functions to do all daily, monthly, and yearly financial paperwork for a small to medium-sized Non-profit.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. Prior experience with the program or with accounting is very useful. Set up should be done by a professional CPA to ensure it's tracking all the needed items for IRS reporting.

Raymond from Family Aid Boston

Pretty Good

Pros

QB Non Profit has everything that you might expect any QB products with its product category; However, QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Cons

Customer Support, they try to sell you a newer version of Quick books rather than fixing the issues that you have on your current Quick Books

Solid choice for simple accounting

We are able to use Quickbooks to carry out all of our financial functions and easily keep track of everything. I would definitely use it unless you need high volume programs and can afford software that integrates other functions (like donor tracking, record keeping, etc)

Pros

QuickBooks Non-Profit is an excellent choice for nonprofit accounting. IT is very easy to enter information, make adjustments and run reports. As a nonprofit, we are constantly generating that information for grants and donors - so it is very easy.

Cons

Managing donor data is easy to a point, if you have another donor database you might run into some difficulty trying to track contributions or donations.

Response from Intuit

Replied June 2018

I'm beyond pleased to see how easy QuickBooks has made managing your organization, and appreciate the review. With this said. I'd like to discuss which point the donor database gives you trouble. Because the system easily integrates with other programs, I'll find steps you can take to keep tracking simple. Could you send me an email directly at qbcares@intuit.com? I'll dig right in, and look forward to hearing from you. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Kellianne from CALVARY CHURCH

Great small business software

ease of use and most reporting.

Pros

Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Cons

This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

User Friendly!

Pros

This software is user friendly and very easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Quickbooks.

Response from Intuit

Replied May 2019

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has left a positive impression on you, as comments like yours are a pleasure to come across. It's affirming to know you've seen the software grow, as the engineers work hard to roll out exciting enhancements. So you can stay in the loop for what's to come next, I invite you to bookmark the QB Blog at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/. We wouldn't be who we are without a customer like you, by the way. Thanks for being more than a friend, but a member of the QuickBooks family! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Kimber from Carepoint Network

Books made easy

Pros

It is very user friendly. All the books for our clients are in the same place.

Cons

Sometimes the autofill can mess you up. It can be turned off but is usually helpful.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi Kimber! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks and that it has made it easier to keep track of all your clients' books. Should you ever need assistance with the autofill not working properly, we recommend reaching our to our Community team: (https://community.intuit.com). There you'll also find self-help articles as well as discussions with your peers on a number of topics. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Steve from Davis Musical Theatre Company

Industry: Performing Arts

Great software but still issues

I used to use Quicken years ago and have been using Quickbooks non-profit for my theater company. It is accurate, fairly straight forward, but little things are still not fixed. I have favorites (e.g.: Report of checks written and not cleared) they disappear and hsvdvthey recdo them every other day. A minor problem, but I was hoping this would have been fixed by version 2016. Sadly it wasn't. Would I recommend this product for a non-profit? Yes, yes I would!

Pros

Fairly easy to use Great backup features Excellent reporting Use of "classes" to split my theater shows

Cons

Slight learning curve Poor customer support

Daniel from Sky High Broadcasting DBA KNEO Radio

Industry: Broadcast Media

Overall, QuickBooks is a really helpful accounting software

It is very easy to use and accurate!

Pros

Makes it easy to make invoices and donation statements. Nice way to see customer history and keep up with who owes money and who doesn't.

Cons

Direct deposit and tax payment services are kind of pricy. We changed to a different software due to the cost. A lot of times when we have to call tech support it is hard to understand the tech. I know this is farmed out overseas and that is fine, but would be nice if phone connections were better and accents weren't so thick.

Kathy from Captain Planet Foundation

Love the thought that went into making sure it was ready for non-profit users.

QB is very forgiving when you make a mistake.

Pros

I love that QB and Intuit researched out what a non-profit needed (or could use) to better manage relationships with their constituents. They created a lot of reports that i never would have come up with myself, but that we use on a weekly basis.

Cons

Sometimes I get lost when trying to do certain tasks. The names they use are not in my vernacular so I stumble a bit. It also has lost settings before that cause it mess with the way my data is displayed.

Romy from Michigan Library Association

Quickbooks for nonprofits good for small organizations

20 plus years helping organizations implement and manage their finances.

Pros

The nonprofit features are good. Most helpful to us is the class structure where we can track projects and report in them, as well as role them up into functional classes.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to lock periods.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2019

Hi Romy! We're thrilled to hear QuickBooks is helping your non-profit keep track of projects and stay organized. Being able to choose periods of time to lock would be a great feature, so we've submitted your feedback to our developers. The best way to lock a period currently is by closing the books, however, this is limited to the end of your fiscal year. The system will do this for you automatically and you can add a closing date password to prevent changes being made in the previous year. More information on how this works can be found here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773838. Thank you for the review and here's to a great year for your organization! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Debbie from The Wilderness Center

Even a non-accounting person can follow the money

Pros

I am not an accountant but when thrown into that position since no one else was available, I made easy work of figuring out how to navigate around the system. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was to use especially things like entering and paying bills. I am very pleased with the system.

Cons

For some reason, this software takes forever to open. None of my other programs do this. It always seems to bog down and will sometimes freeze up.

Bruce from Cadle Media Group

I used Quickbooks for Non-Profits at a church where i served as pastor.

Pros

I loved the detailed reporting that Quickbooks for Non-Profits provided, and the similarity with Quickbooks for Businesses, so that volunteers who were already trained in the Business version could easily mange the Non-Profit version.

Cons

I found setting up the Non-Profit version of Quickbooks a little awkward. I wish it had been transformed more into the common language of non-profits.

Response from Intuit

Replied January 2018

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear the reporting is working well for you. To have your company reflect things like Donors and Revenue & Expenditures you just need to change a couple options in Account and Settings in the Gear menu. Company settings will have a Tax form option you can switch to Non-Profit and then go to the Advanced tab for changing the Customer label to whatever your company needs. Let us know if you need any other help setting up your account for running a non-profit! The QuickBooks Team

Lynette from Homeless Children's Network

Easy to Use-Easy to Understand

Pros

The ability to couple this product with Intuit's payroll service allows for the easiest accounting you could ask for. Also, Customer Service goes the extra mile whenever there is an issue. They stay on the line until there is a resolution!

Cons

I don't like being "up-sold". I am content with the product I have and don't need to be constantly bombarded with offers to upgrade.

Michelle from Watts of Love

Great experience

Pros

- All of the basics are here! Even has nonprofit-specific reports. Any CRM should integrate with Quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

- To use the Nonprofit-specific reports, you must be using customers (donors). Some CRM's do not import with customers here (for example, one organization I work with's CRM imports the donor name into the Memo field, so the nonprofit reports are useless to them).

Cristy from On Our Own Charlottesville

Industry: Philanthropy

Quickbooks makes my job a heck of alot easier.

I've been using Quickbooks for a little over 5 years. I'm always learning better processes and how to financially manage my non-profit with ease and comfort.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of setting up new company files and effective recording. Automatic updates is awesome!

Cons

James from CUT Wisconsin (Christians United for Truth)

Industry: Philanthropy

QuickBooks for Nonprofits: Your Best Investment!

We were very happy to find out we could incorporate this software in to our online Merchant Account!

Pros

As a Nonprofit we have to keep track of a lot of details and Quickbooks has everything we've ever needed! Also something we weren't aware of until we purchase QuickBooks and started to use it was that it could be incorporated with online stores and merchant accounts! That was a Big Deal for our Board of Directors!

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve but if you've ever used any of these types of software before it's easy peesy!

Kudos to Quickbooks

Pros

Great way to track income and expenses for our small non-profit organization. Quickbooks is a well-established and recognized name that is trustworthy and reputable. The software is stable and reasonably easy to use, considering its scope.

Cons

Getting it setup can be a bit intimidating if you're not familiar with accounting terminology.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Referring to us as trustworthy and reputable is music to our ears! We're happy to assist you with tracking income and expenses for your organization. To learn tips and tricks on setting up your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). To get familiar with accounting lingo, we invite you to check out our Community page: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tony from Cares Community Health

Great financial package for non-profits, at a price

Pros

Everyone knows QuickBooks. If you are a non-profit, then even better! You now have Quickbooks functionality, built with all the things a 501(c)3 needs to keep their books in order. You no longer have to worry about the IRS audit. Instead, just keep up to date on your QuickBooks Non-Profit tasks, and you will be set!

Cons

Pricing model for this is a bit funky. You are paying for a higher end system. But I feel like QuickBooks should do more to cater to the budget strapped non-profit corporations. If you are looking for something for more value, you can certainly find it.

Response from Intuit

Replied February 2018

It's possible that the version you are using has more features than you need. Take a look at our products page to see if there is a better fit: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/pricing/. Thanks for your review! Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

JaNae from CAPSA

Helpful Software

There are glitches in the system sometimes such as the register balance not totaling correctly or a payroll item that has been added not showing up when payroll is done. Overall it is a great program.

Pros

It makes payroll very simple. The automatic tax updates ensures that I'm always using the correct rates.

Cons

The learning curve. QuickBooks can do just about anything, but you have to know where and how to find it.

Lynette from Homeless Children's Network

Great Customer Service

Had a problem with end of the year tax withholding. It was brought to my attention by QuickBooks. The rep, walked me through the correction, made sure the appropriate forms were retroactively corrected, and got my returns done within 72 hours!

Pros

QuickBooks is easy to understand and navigate. If something doesn't make sense, customer service will stay on the line until there is clarity and/or a correction.

Ricardo from Inspire of Central Florida

Pleasant Experience!

Pros

I like the organization that the Quickbooks provides and the ease of software. Great for anyone starting a small business. Quickbooks worked great during our company golf event. Was able to charge everyone via an iPad which made things so easy.

Cons

The software needs to be refined a little more. The desktop edition consumes more RAM than it should. A strong PC is definitively needed to run the software effectively and efficiently. Also some of the software features need to be made a little more user-friendly.

Julie from Northern Ohio District Church

Excellent program for non-profit bookkeeping.

Program fits the needs of our small non-profit business and reduces significant time for accounting and bookkeeping records.

Pros

Entering data, printing reports, searching for transactions are simple to do. Multiple users can be limited to their specific bookkeeping tasks. Year end information and tax information is easily accessible.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as I'd like for searching "how to" do a particular task. Such as setting up your email preferences.

Response from Intuit

Replied February 2018

Happy to hear QuickBooks is giving you some time back in your days! If you're unable to find help in-product, we also provide a Community site that can help, especially with email setup: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501520-set-up-your-email-service-in-quickbooks-desktop Aaron, The QuickBooks Team

Terry from Joy Ranch, Inc.

Does a great job with reporting and A/P

We to all our accounting functions and reporting for our non profit

Pros

Ease of use, user friendly. How it alerts you that it can handle the adjusting journal entry for you. Good reporting features and integration to Excel

Cons

Trying to find answers through the help system is cumbersome. Needs more help in being more user friendly in creating custom forms.

Tarcea from Vivid Core Music

QuickBooks makes financial management Easy!

We make several transactions as a church and we want to be honest and accountable for our financial activities. QuickBooks makes this simple and easy for us to do.

Pros

QuickBooks makes it super easy for our church to manage finances and keep track of every transaction. It also makes it very easy for us to manage tax information and payroll.

Cons

No complaints at all about QuickBooks. The software contains all that we could ask for to help with managing our finances all around.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

You can rest easy knowing that QuickBooks has your back with managing finances and taxes, Tarcea. We recommend our free webinars to ensure you're getting the most out of the software for your organization: https://intuit.me/2rDBlWL Thanks for the stellar review! David, The QuickBooks Team

Paula from Legacy Christian School

User friendly

Pros

Quickbooks is pretty user friendly. Gives prompts to let you know if what you are doing could cause a problem.

Cons

Probably customer service. Hard to get a hold of someone and when you do they are hard to understand.

Response from Intuit

Replied February 2018

It's great to have an accounting program that make sure your accounting is done right! Thank you for the review. Aaron, The QuickBooks Team

Justin from PowellsWood Garden

Industry: Environmental Services

Simply the best solution for keeping our books in order

We find it very useful for our small business.

Pros

I like how QuickBooks has been at the top of the market for so long and continues to improve

Cons

The pricing change when QuickBooks went cloud based.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2018

Hi Justin. I'm thrilled we're doing our part to keep your books in order, as we're proud to be by the side of PowellsWood Garden. Since we're always working to improve our product, swing by our Blog at https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We use this space to post about new and coming changes, so bookmark it and check back anytime. Should you have any questions about pricing, please feel more than free to reach out to me directly (QBCares@Intuit.com). I have the tools and visibility to discuss some cost-saving options, so I'll be on the lookout for a message with your name on it. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Working with Quickbooks

Quickbooks is a very effective software with great advantages. It is user friendly and makes keeping the books organized.

Pros

I like that this software provides use for non-profit organizations. The accounting is a bit different for such entities and Quickbooks considers these factors into the program.

Cons

You can only use accounts receivable or accounts payable accounts in one transaction. If there are various entries to edit you must do them one at a time. Net income for restricted funds closes to the unrestricted equity account rather than the restricted fund balance. This causes a need to create an additional entry to adjust this.

Darleen from SEIU Local 888

Have used for 30+ years

Pros

Love the ease of usage. Reconciliation process is easy. Updating vendor and customer information is easy esp merging records

Cons

The update feature can be glitchy after it downloads them. QB wants to use DNS already in use. Using on a shared server can cause problems if users don't update at the same time.

Ariagiegbe from Country coordinating mechanism Nigeria

Experience with Quickbooks

QuickBooks is generally a user friendly software and I highly recommend it to mist small not for profit organizations

Pros

QuickBooks is user friendly accounting software for non profit organizations. Posting and reviewing

Cons

Budget inputs and analysis need to be improved on. It is difficult to do your budget evaluation on it

Tacita from Yonug Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy

Great Software to help keep track of any payments and recipts.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it keeps track of your important documents and you can always go back and track them if need be.

Cons

There is nothing least I like about this software it is great.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi Tacita! It makes our day to hear QuickBooks has helped you keep track of your finances and stay organized. Having access to your important documents when you need them is essential to ensuring your business runs smoothly. We'll be sure to continue enhancing our software to make handling daily task even easier. To hear news on what our developers are currently working on, be sure to check out our blog: (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thank you for the wonderful review and we wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Brian from Chaplain Training Academy

Perfect for Non-Profits of Any Size

We've been using Quickbooks Non-Profit edition for several years and found it found helpful in meeting all of our needs. The integration with our online donation tools is a wonderful feature that saves us a lot of time. It is the perfect fit for a non-profits of any size.

Pros

All of these features make it a great tool: Send and track custom invoices, Track income and expenses, Create and manage estimates, Sync bank accounts and apps, Manage and pay bills Instant sales and profit reports, Track inventory, Prepare and print 1099s.

Cons

We have not found anything that we don't like and the new versions always include new features.

Naomi from MindBody Medicine

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Worth it!!!

I love this system and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a donor management system that can do it all !

Pros

Its got all the bells and whistles. it can pull donation information directly from the donation page.you can keep lots of information on donors and use that information to do searches.

Mary from DOOR International

Quickbooks non profit

Pros

Love that this accounting software is easy to use and efficient to maintain. Purchase through tech soup and the price is discounted

Cons

Would like the ability to open multiple companies at the same time, but that is only available when using Enterprise version