Reckon One

Reckon One Reviews

• icon"Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly)."
  • icon"I like the how much you can get out of it for the price, compared to others in the market. It is easy to correct errors and has all the reports you need for small business, and has unlimited users."
  • icon"I also love that Reckon One is Australian Owned."
  • icon"I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product."
  • icon"It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has."
  • icon"So I am not about to move away. But since there is no direct integration it makes it difficult to connect and make real use of the software."

Browse all Reckon One Reviews

• Have you used Reckon One and would like to share your experience with others?

Erica

Great Accounting Solution for small businesses

Pros

I would say affordability then ease of use. Since my business is still growing I had to switch to this product from another one and I haven't regretted. Invoicing has never been easier.

Cons

I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product

Pricing

Peter

My review of Reckon One

My experience with Reckon One has been extremely good.

Pros

I found it very easy to use particularly with having bank downloads and the ease of assigning correct income or expenses to each transaction.

Cons

I don't think there was anything about Reckon One that I found very difficult to use.

Mainly Price

They did try

I really wanted Reckon one to shake up the market but all they did was shake up the user. I have been really disappointed with the performance (or lack of) with Reckon One. Their servers were slow making it painfully slow to try to use this software. I couldn't find repeating invoicing, or several other basics. They were full of hope and promises but just failed to deliver.

Pros

It did look cheap until you add up the cost of each module, then you realise, it's not cheap at all.

Cons

It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has. It has very little basic functionality and sadly, very little prospect of developing even the basics, any time soon. It's not nice to use, it's clunky and awkward and just frustrates me.

Rakesh

Hassel free software

Single touch payroll

Pros

Service. Any problem they help and fix

Cons

We use STP only and have no problem in the usage

Reasons for switching to Reckon One

The previous software company did not provide the service.

Roland

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

July 2022

Reckon works to keep you working.

I have never used any of the other programs but there was one that a previous company was using and I could hear the ladies using it and cursing when they came across the things that program couldn't do. When starting this company, my accountant asked if there was any reason I had not to use Reckon. There was not and he loaded me up onto Reckon as he said it is the most forgiving and easiest of all the systems to use. I have had other companies suggest that I should use this or that program. Interestingly, I see they have now moved away from those programs so they were not all they were made out to be.

Pros

I have used Reckon now for 18 years and am just changing over to the new Hosted cloud based system to allow easy access for my external accountant and book-keeper

Cons

Slight lag by being on the cloud. I don't like the way that when I log on, it comes to a page that I need to select 1 or 2 before I get started.

Accountant strongly suggested I use this instead of Zero or MYOB

Louise

Excellent support network

Generally very good, I particularly like the tracking and reporting ability. Being able to compare my sales figures annually with previous years. It helps me track seasonal trends.

Pros

I have used Reckon (formerly Quickbooks) for almost 19 years. I find it easy to work with, and the customer support, or technical support is excellent.

Cons

Only that each upgrade makes it a nuisance to have to relearn things - but that is just because I prefer to work with - if it is not broken dont fix it.

Reasons for choosing Reckon One

At the time, it must appeared to have been the easiest to use, with the most logical functions for our needs.

Steven

Book keeping for beginners

Over the years the system has been very helpful doing my book keeping and the ease of sending information to my accountant.

Pros

The program reminded me of my bank statements which I found easier to use. The financial reports were detailed and easy to create.

Cons

I found it difficult to transfer data from my bank accounts into QuickBooks . This meant It was more time consuming to transfer data.

Ease of use

Marisa

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Reckon Accounts Premier

Excellent experience as randomly have issues and if there is a technical issue the support is fantastic.

Pros

EASE AND PRACTICALITY OF USE. It is very user friendly and accurate reports can be generated.

Cons

There are no negatives as it is a fantastic accounting software.

Attila

renewal of software

Pros

Product easy to use with interface for most tradies with minimal accounting experience

Cons

Help section could be easier to find and explained, also emailing invoices and quotes made easier

Arfaan

Industry: Restaurants

August 2022

Good for smaller businesses

It was good but towards the end support dwindled and the software wasn't ideal for our employee numbers

Pros

Consistent and simple UI made it easy to use

Cons

Easy to outgrow very quickly if your business is expanding at a rapid rate and is extremely isolated in terms of integration

Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting

I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons

The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

Reasons for choosing Reckon One

Better price, better features, more intuitive, Australian based

Reasons for switching to Reckon One

MYOB is expensive and I didn't need the name-brand experience or the ability to automate my accounting with the accountant

Rob

Industry: Wholesale

director

ok

Pros

invoicing and accounting is what i use it for

Cons

the price and that i cannot go to a smaller version

ok

Sheryl

Excellent product

The guys are always totally helpful and make the experience pleasant every time

Pros

The technicians are pleasant and on call always and are very helpful and knowledgeable on the product

Cons

I can not think of one thing i don't like about the software

Mandeep

Amazing software

Very good experience of this software

Pros

This software is very friendly and easy to use

Cons

Only some time it feels that the page is slow

Kim

Industry: Information Services

Great product

Pros

Easy to use. Assists in easy invoicing & accounts.

Cons

Setting up from scratch is difficult if not an expert at accounting.

Charles

July 2022

Always at hand when I need help!

Never too simple a problem to ask for help nor too hard that Reckon cannot solve. Tech support is also well trained and its great that they would check with their team if they werent too sure.

Pros

Easy to navigate and can handle multiple entities.

Cons

No weekend tech support though understandable in these days and age. Costs for provding weekend support may be prohibitive.

Kim

Reckon One, a reliable and cost effective software

Reckon One has been great for me, if I forget to invoice someone, doesn't matter where I am as long as I have internet, I can access my Book.

Pros

I like the how much you can get out of it for the price, compared to others in the market. It is easy to correct errors and has all the reports you need for small business, and has unlimited users. I also love that Reckon One is Australian Owned.

Cons

Some of the functions are aren't quite there, needs an on screen calculator for one.

Trevor

Industry: Farming

happy user

good

Pros

good to work with, easy to manage has what I need for my recording

Cons

bill payment section I find this can be a problem where the payment goes.

easy to use

Wayne

Industry: Online Media

Straight forward basic bookkeeping at a bargain price!

Cost effective simple straight forward accounting software for Australian Businesses. Excellent for startups.

Pros

Bargain price for a freelance business. Easily integrate with your bank accounts for easy bank reconciliation. Great Dashboard for quick critical information.

Cons

Not many integrations, lack of detailed user guide for setting up extra modules within the software.

Tracy

Industry: Farming

Reckon it's easy

Excellent

Pros

Everything about Reckon has been easy really. Just love being able to just log in and do the next bit of accounting with no stress

Cons

If there are transactions still on the file and you download the next month they disappear. Extremely frustrating when this happens. Also have difficulty with the call centre. Also frustrating

Reasons for switching to Reckon One

Cheaper and easier to use. Suited our budget well and took off almost all of the stress with our accounting

Don

Great value Financial product for small business

I switched from on MYOB to Reckon One. I was a customer of MYOB for over 20 years. Each year they continued to increase the yearly premium. Last year it was over 900.00. For a small business with a few employees, this was just outrageous. After reviewing Reckon one, I found it would do all MYOB was doing for me at 11.00 a month. They even would convert my MYOB file for nothing. That was it. Decided to change over to Reckon One and have not looked back. Been running it for a few months. Took a little to get used to but I've Done all the invoicing, has statements, accounting I need. Simply fantastic. Can even give my accountant a special login to do the yearly books. I'd recommend anyone looking to change over to give it a try. WILL SAVE YOU A PACKET

Pros

Functionality and price

Cons

Have a little bit of trouble doing bas and super payments

Cameron

Industry: Building Materials

Shake down

terrible

Pros

Sucked in by what appeared to be initial low cost.

Cons

once established we didn't want to proceed it was difficult to cancel without paying additional charges

Xero

Xero

cost

Was recommended to me, but...

I played around with the software and it is relatively easy to use. I was hoping to have an onboarding call, as the system truly is feature-rich which makes it hard to really get started. I wrote to support but did not get a reply.

Pros

Overall it looked very feature-rich. Truly, my accountant recommended it to me considering I needed something to manage my accounts.

Cons

I had a major deal-breaker is that ING bank did not have direct integration. I use ING for all my business expenses because I work online, as they have zero international transaction fees. So I am not about to move away. But since there is no direct integration it makes it difficult to connect and make real use of the software.

accounting

once setup is great for BAS statement preparation every quarter

Pros

a very feature-rich piece of software which when setup provides a robust accounting experience for the small business

Cons

can be more expensive than others and has a steep learning curve for the novice or time-poor businessperson

Sharon

Super Easy to Use

I am the treasurer for a not-for-profit sports club, so cheap was really important to us, along with only some very basic features. So far I have found Reckon One to be really easy to use and the customer service super, whenever I've become stuck.

Pros

easy to use very cost effective

Cons

was told with the bank rec I could pick up payments and apply them - so I ditched that section as I'm not going to reconcile payments to invoices twice.