• Pros

• "The functionality and the support are amazing. Recurly is a tool we use almost daily to manage subscriptions and I couldn't ask for a better tool."

• "I love the accessibility and ease of using the software"

• "I love how everything is easy to use, it gives you control over a lot of things that stripe does not."

• Cons

• "This isn't really a con, but it takes a bit of time to set everything up, and it can be a bit technical if you're not experienced.. that's to be expected though for a platform like this."

• "Would be nice of they could include "usernames" in their data spreadsheet so it's easy for me to navigate and filter. The usernames are available, but apparently is not used for data."

• "Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing"

Browse Recurly Reviews

Sundeep from WaveMaker, Inc.

Recurly - We love it

Pros

Recurly makes it easy for us to manage subscriptions and manage billing. There is absolutely no complication involved.

Cons

Setting up Recurly needs little technical assistance without which it becomes little difficult. However this is a great platform

Edgardo from Fancy Hands Inc

Recurly Covers all your billing needs

Recurly has the best subscription billing service that I have worked with (I have used several). Their costs are fair and as mentioned previously, the freedom I have to set up everything the way I want to based on my needs is the reason why we will continue to use this service.

Pros

What I like the most about Recurly is the versatility, I have many options to send customized discounts, codes, create plans, edit renewals dates, process manual payments, send invoices, set up alerts, customize invoices and provide credits.

Cons

If I can say anything that I don't like is that sometimes a pop-up comes up for support and gets in the way of me working when I'm not looking to contact support. I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying.

Poohan from Whip Around Inc

Disappointing customer support

Pros

decent interface. good integration functionality although this breaks every so often.

Cons

Customer service was disappointing at best. Charged us thousands of dollars for collecting on a single bill. We flagged this to them multiple times but got passed around 5 different customer support people and eventually told us that they wouldn't entertain our request. We have been a customer of theirs for over three years and its so disappointing to feel ripped off this way.

Casimir from RealtyNinja

Recurly reduces churn and makes it so I don't have to think about my billing system

Everything to do with billing

Pros

Definitely the churn reduction features and knowing that a team of experts are worrying about the details instead of me

Cons

Sometimes I feel that they are focusing too much on enterprise and not on the little guy. Having said that, they still have a kickass set of features for the little guy.

Reasons for Choosing Recurly

Because it was obviously the best

Chris from Scan Mailboxes

Pretty much all you need.

Easy to track what was invoiced and if an item line is recurring.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy for customers to update their billing information and review invoices, and its automatic revenue recoveries.

Reasons for Choosing Recurly

Chargebee is overseas, therefore it could be a security problem and time-zone for customer service issues.

Ramin from RealtyNinja

I don't know what we would do without Recurly

Pros

Honestly, Recurly makes managing our subscriptions really easy. We use it every day. Everything from customers billing, taxes to analytics (churn, revenue, etc.).

Camila from Pipefy

One-click to your customer financial status

Pros

It is so easy to figure out how to use! Basically I get all piece of information that I want with one or two clicks. It's also transparent for the rest of the team when they have to searching.

Cons

I miss some dashboards. Also, I'm not allowed to export the information that I can view on the screen, it's a bit frustrating.

Ryan from Team SI

Recurly - Effective, Convenient, Easy To Use

Spellbinding.

Pros

I like that Recurly keeps it simple and to the point. Time IS money after all, right? It's nice to be able to log in and find what I need quickly through straightforward navigation. An excellent tool.

Cons

Not much to complain about so far. We have been happy with our experience thus far.

Timur from Blurbiz

Organized Chaos

Pros

Cons

Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing

Nicholas from Caring, LLC

LOVE IT

Pros

I love the accessibility and ease of using the software

Cons

there are times i wish there were reports where i could look at a screenshot in time and not a current view

Eric from Headspace

Recurly is the most user friendly subscription UI on the market

Recurly is the best solution for companies with a handful of products to scale. If you are using the admin UI to do billing like I am it is a very clear tool to implement and use day-to-day.

Pros

I love the flexibility in setting up subscriptions: future start, bill forward, automatic, % or $ discounts. Recurly makes it easy and does exception handling well.

Cons

Slow to roll out new features. Sometimes you set up multiple subscriptions to fire out at the same time, but they will send separately. For some reason Recurly only let's you choose the HOUR (in UTC) that a subscription occurs at, but Recurly sometimes changes the MINUTE. Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly.

Reasons for Choosing Recurly

Price at current scale was more economical.

Not great, but the best reoccurring billing platform.

Pros

- Most advanced tool in the space. - Ability to customize checkouts with reculry.js - lots of flexibility in ways to use the platform

Cons

- Wish the exported reports were betting (can't see how many days left in an ending subscrtiption in export -- so can't follow up with them. Can only see number of remaining occurences but if you offer monthly and annual for example you have to custom segment that information) - Wish the analytics were better (better insight into plan peformance, churn by plan etc.) - Better email targeting (currently not able to target endings trials unless the plan has a trial, not if they use a trial coupon -- lots of small issues like this across the platform.) - The emails sent from recurly servers end up in spam often for our customers.

Mike from SalesRabbit

The cornerstone to smooth SaaS billing

There are other good billing systems out there but Recurly offers the best feature set for our business model, billing process, and client base. It is the best for a subscription-based model.

Pros

Our billing process is sensitive and we take our client's information privacy very seriously. Recurly offers great settings/configurations to give people access to the information they need and restrict access to what they don't. Our billing process is smoother by far because of Recurly.

Cons

We have a lot of exceptions in our billing process and Recurly isn't as good at handling these client-by-client exceptions as we would like.

Solid billing platform that gets easier as you use it

Pros

It gives you most of the info you need in regards to the payment for 95% of cases I've been working with. Once you get used to the UI, it's actually quite easy to navigate around and quickly grab billing info you need to troubleshoot any problems. Support is professional and helpful.

Cons

If you don't have any colleagues using it already, it may take a little longer to get used to since not all of the elements are intuitive. Support sometimes takes a moment to reply and is not necessarily available 24/7.

Michael from Thriveworks

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Saves time and makes you money

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. Time-saver

I would fully recommend

Pros

First of all- support. I really like how helpful the guys are, would be lost without them. I don't have a comparison to other programs, but I feel that Recurly covers all (or at least most) of our needs. I really like the design and user-friendly interface.

Cons

I wish there would be more customization in terms of reporting. Also, I feel like it is not very intuitive. I'm missing some tooltips that would guide me through the software which such business impact. Alright, there is Help section and FAQ, but it takes a while to find required information.

Must have for SaaS billing

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons

The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Lorin from LawToolBox

What use to take our company hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

The program has completely transformed our billing department. The interface is pretty user friendly, but I would say the biggest pro is their support team. The chat box is always available and they answer your questions within seconds.

Cons

The learning curve of how exactly the program works and predesigned, was a little difficult to overcome. There are too many automatic emails sent out, so you really need to know how to navigate & turn them off (or know that they're even being sent out in the first place).

Steve from MTG Media Group

Industry: Publishing

Excellent support

Super.

Pros

The software is good, the API and connetivity is good, the new catalog upgrade will be very helpful for us. and the support team is EXCELLENT.

Cons

Some of hte API limiataions for add-on products. But: it seems that the catalog update may have solved thsoe.

Saves us tons of developer time

Pros

Recurly is really easy and functional. If you need to bill customers every month and don't want to build it yourself, recurly fits the bill

Cons

They take a large cut of billings that we run through the platform. We are looking to transition away as a result.

July 2016

Eric from Digital Media Systems

July 2016

Easy-To-Use Interface, Lacks Some Seemingly Intuitive Features

Pros

The product was easy to navigate and had a very short learning curve.

Cons

The software was missing some functionalities that I would think would be standard with a billing and payment oriented software. The billing periods/cycles were not easily customizable. Ensuring that a recurring billing subscription did not renew also seemed to be more difficult than it should be.

Great Billing Management System

Subscription Management

Pros

Cons

Coupons! Coupons are an absolute pain to add-in, especially if the subscription expired with a coupon already attached.

Great UI and simple to use

Pros

The UI is amazing. I use products like Stripe as well and I find the experience much simple and customizable.

Cons

The reports and analysis section can be a lot more customizable. We find it a bit difficult to collect the exact data we require for our month end analysis.

Paula from Pipefy

Recurly

Pros

I like it how you can keep all the financial information of a customer in only one place. It contains all history of the contract, all payment and billing information. Everyone who access Recurly can get that info without the need of asking someone in charge.

Cons

It gets confusing when there's a lot of logs and movements.

Becky Jewell from Zentail

Elegant and Simple Solution for Small-to-Midsize Business

Our sales reps and admins can use the software easily with very little training. When I offer consulting services to small businesses, I often recommend that they start billing services with Recurly - and I'm not even a Recurly affiliate! My clients do well with Recurly, which helps me do well.

Pros

It's easy to see payments and overdue accounts. Updating credit cards is easy to do, and it is easy for our reps and admins to use.

January 2015

Harrison from Optimizely, Inc.

January 2015

Overall Recurly is a great and intuitive product which is easy to use.

Pros

Once you learn the software, it's easy and quick to get things done. Seeing past history on an account is clear. Our organization is easily able to give many different departments access and enough privileges to fully own our required tasks. Still, our finance department can truly own billing and collections. If and when their have been issues with Recurly, their support has been thorough, and their communications have been clear and helpful.

Cons

You definitely need training from someone else who has used it to learn it properly. It didn't seem intuitive or something I could learn on my own. Also I'd say about 15% of the time, the site is down, or I at least have to log in three or four times. If manual collection is used for certain invoices, you lose the ability to truly audit what a customer is seeing.

Kamil from Survicate

Advanced and sophisticated

Subscription management

Pros

Recurly is a top of the top subscription management system - it gives us all we need to run saas business without putting too much development into billing issues.

Cons

Its functionalities and very broad but when it comes to details it sometimes lacks flexibility when you want to arrange something specific for your business.

Recurly is wonderful!

Pros

I love how easy it is to help customers out by checking on their accounts and helping them with any billing related issues. It's really so wonderful to use!

Cons

Not much really! It's super easy to use and they never have any issues.

Daniela from Pipefy

Recurly

Pros

In general is pretty good, easy to search the clients and have an overview of the clients.

Cons

I always gets lost in the invoices and payments, I don't feel like it's very clear. Also, on top when you check how much a specific client pays for it, it shows the full price without considering the discounts they might have. So you basically need to check the discount and recalculate it. Also, it would be nice as a user be able to have more reports by the accounts that are about to end a discount period for example

Lauren from appneta

Serves it's purpose

Pros

- easy to navigate portal - easy to connect to payment processor - easy to run reporting - one single report includes all necessary information to summarize monthly bookings

Cons

- doesn't have a ton of functionality, portal is fairly basic - best for small business due to limited functionality

August 2014

Brent

August 2014

Takes care of it.

Recurly has taken care of our recurring billing for two years and counting. We have multiple businesses running on the platform and have multiple recurly accounts. There product goes above and beyond when it comes to feature flow and figuring out those *next* pains they can solve.

Pros

Dunning management Automatically update credit card expiration numbers Recurring rev reports Upgrade/downgrade/cancel API (hmmmm, so nice) Lots more that I'm not listing here...

Cons

If you have multiple websites, you need multiple accounts (for cancellation templates, etc), no discount on second account for the fixed monthly Can't overwrite customer ID #'s once the customer is in the system One time purchasing not so good

Great tool for managing subscriptions

Pros

Recurly is a solution I use which gives me billing functions and enables me to track subscriptions and customers. I like that it integrates with multiple payment gateways and that it offers a sandbox environment for testing and trying out new things.

Cons

I like all of it, but maybe there could be more reporting and customization options.

Nick from Upserve

Recurly to centralize your subscription billing

This software is used to keep track of billing for our customers. We also use it to keep track of who is active and who is inactive.

Pros

I really like how this software keeps track of all your subscriptions and your balance.

Cons

I least liked the renewal bot and find that customers are having their canceled subscriptions automatically renewed by the renewal bot.

Jeremy from Grow.com

Awesome Billing Tool

Pros

Recurly is a great tool for subscription billing. It has a lot of functionality and flexibility. It is fairly easy to use and is always reliable.

Cons

Recurly is a great software but it is occasionally slow. I also think that the reporting functionality is lacking a bit.

Mona from LINA

Solid billing platform

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Recurly. I have used many billing platforms and this might be one of the easiest.

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is great and easy to set up. Plus their customers service team is awesome and always their when you need them. It's also very easy to add new members or terminate existing. You don't have to go through a million steps like other softwares.

Cons

Emails go to spam most of the time and the cost is kind of high.

August 2015

Heather from Ventura Associates

August 2015

I am a fan

Pros

I enjoyed recurly! Easy, fast and not hard to learn. I would def recommend to a friend or colleague.

Cons

Cant think of anything right now. Which I say is a very good thing.

John from Debt Cleanse Group Legal services LLC

New miserable experience

Regret selecting this product for use. Go with a firm that will provide customer support that will actually help you.

Pros

Yet to find a feature I like. Still trying to work through simple setup with Recurly. Maybe one day it will be setup - losing money every day because of bad support.

Cons

Terrible on-boarding support. Wish Recurly had a better customer service team that would help setup the product. I just get a run around that they don't have the correct information even though all other providers said that is all the information needed.

April 2016

David from Barricade.io

April 2016

Linh from Agilefant Ltd

October 2015

Jon from Grade.us

October 2015

Super easy to integrate and manage

As a SaaS company, we'd rather focus on our service, not wrestling with billing software. Recurly makes it easy to plug subscription billing into our product without worries.

Response from Recurly

Replied December 2015

Thank you Jon. We love having you as a customer!

Mateusz from picksaas.com

Great way to manage subscription payments

Pros

An effective way to manage subscriptions payments without large commissions, easy coupons/credits creation.

Cons

Could be more user-friendly for software's beginners. Would be great to see a tutorial on how to use a software.