What are Recurly users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Recurly software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love how everything is easy to use, it gives you control over a lot of things that stripe does not."
  • icon"Good integration functionality although this breaks every so often."
  • icon"The software is very easy to use and you have access to numerous reports just with the click of a button. Their support is also excellent."
  • icon"The software was missing some functionalities that I would think would be standard with a billing and payment oriented software. The billing periods/cycles were not easily customizable."
  • icon"I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying."
  • icon"Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly."

Browse all Recurly Reviews

• Have you used Recurly and would like to share your experience with others?

March 2022

The cornerstone to smooth SaaS billing

Jack

Incredible Support

We've used Recurly to power our billing for over 5 years now and it's fully integrated into our systems and processes. We're big fans of the ease of use and bigger fans of the phenomenal support.

Pros

While the features and ease of use are great, I'm most impressed with their customer service and ability to answer each question my team or I have quickly and thoroughly.

Cons

No major cons I can think of. We're trying to integrate GoCardless and it's been a little clunky, but I don't think that's at the fault of Recurly.

A must for emerging subscription-based business model

Recurly is packed with features. It's not the cheapest one in the market but it fulfills our need. There are some features we wish would be an add-on which will save us some dollars because we don't use it. The customer support is important to us and they are responsive and knowledgeable. There is a little learning curve when rolling this out to new hires.

Pros

Besides integrating well with our existing tools. We are fond of Recurly because we can accommodate a wider reach of customers beyond month-to-month plans. The subscriptions can be customized the way we like it (think annual plans, prepaid plans, every other month, every three month-type of billing.) The invoicing feature allows our sales team to close deals without asking for upfront credit card information. Once accounts have been set up, we can always provide a specific link so customers can pay by themselves reducing the amount of people seeing their cards thus building trust.

Cons

When processing a refund, it generates another invoice with a different invoice number. I think it would be better if the actual invoice will be updated to say "fully refunded/partially refunded" instead of creating another one. For security reasons, the software times out over a period of inactivity. When 2-step verification is enabled, it will always ask for it when you re-login...just a minor annoyance.

Reasons for choosing Recurly

Stripe doesn't have a recurring feature and their invoicing solution isn't as user-friendly as Recurly.

Poohan

Disappointing customer support

Pros

decent interface. good integration functionality although this breaks every so often.

Cons

Customer service was disappointing at best. Charged us thousands of dollars for collecting on a single bill. We flagged this to them multiple times but got passed around 5 different customer support people and eventually told us that they wouldn't entertain our request. We have been a customer of theirs for over three years and its so disappointing to feel ripped off this way.

February 2022

No hassles

In the end we left them. I reached out to their Customer Success manager to get a good deal on the Enterprise plan. They didn't pick up my signal that I was also looking at other systems. They didn't seem interested to keep us as a customer, so we left.

Pros

I liked that the system was solid in it's performance. It simply always worked and we never had complaints from customers on invoices and payments.

Cons

It took a long time before they made direct debit available.

Edgardo

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Recurly Covers all your billing needs

Recurly has the best subscription billing service that I have worked with (I have used several). Their costs are fair and as mentioned previously, the freedom I have to set up everything the way I want to based on my needs is the reason why we will continue to use this service.

Pros

What I like the most about Recurly is the versatility, I have many options to send customized discounts, codes, create plans, edit renewals dates, process manual payments, send invoices, set up alerts, customize invoices and provide credits.

Cons

If I can say anything that I don't like is that sometimes a pop-up comes up for support and gets in the way of me working when I'm not looking to contact support. I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying.

Reasons for switching to Recurly

The features were very limited on the previous option and the interface it's much more confusing to use.

I would fully recommend

Pros

First of all- support. I really like how helpful the guys are, would be lost without them. I don't have a comparison to other programs, but I feel that Recurly covers all (or at least most) of our needs. I really like the design and user-friendly interface.

Cons

I wish there would be more customization in terms of reporting. Also, I feel like it is not very intuitive. I'm missing some tooltips that would guide me through the software which such business impact. Alright, there is Help section and FAQ, but it takes a while to find required information.

Larissa

February 2022

While we have experienced hiccups, overall, we love Recurly!

Overall, we really do love Recurly. The benefits far outweigh the cons.

Pros

I love their detailed activity log that all users can see. This helps our agents get an idea of the path a customer may have taken and allows everyone to be on the same page.

Cons

Recurly has experienced downtime in the past few months and this has affected our customers. Our pricing page has gone down due to their application not working, which has negatively affected business.

Shannon

Brief overview of Recurly from a daily user

Pros

Dunning management, ease of editing, searchability and filters make location various transactions easier. UI/UX is on point.

Cons

Helps docs could be updated. It feels like they’re written for developers, but not always for the daily user.

Sundeep

Recurly - We love it

Pros

Recurly makes it easy for us to manage subscriptions and manage billing. There is absolutely no complication involved.

Cons

Setting up Recurly needs little technical assistance without which it becomes little difficult. However this is a great platform

Timur

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Organized Chaos

Pros

Cons

Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing

Eric

Recurly is the most user friendly subscription UI on the market

Recurly is the best solution for companies with a handful of products to scale. If you are using the admin UI to do billing like I am it is a very clear tool to implement and use day-to-day.

Pros

I love the flexibility in setting up subscriptions: future start, bill forward, automatic, % or $ discounts. Recurly makes it easy and does exception handling well.

Cons

Slow to roll out new features. Sometimes you set up multiple subscriptions to fire out at the same time, but they will send separately. For some reason Recurly only let's you choose the HOUR (in UTC) that a subscription occurs at, but Recurly sometimes changes the MINUTE. Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly.

Reasons for choosing Recurly

Price at current scale was more economical.

Casimir

Recurly reduces churn and makes it so I don't have to think about my billing system

Everything to do with billing

Pros

Definitely the churn reduction features and knowing that a team of experts are worrying about the details instead of me

Cons

Sometimes I feel that they are focusing too much on enterprise and not on the little guy. Having said that, they still have a kickass set of features for the little guy.

Chargebee and Chargify

Reasons for choosing Recurly

Because it was obviously the best

Not great, but the best reoccurring billing platform.

Pros

- Most advanced tool in the space. - Ability to customize checkouts with reculry.js - lots of flexibility in ways to use the platform

Cons

- Wish the exported reports were betting (can't see how many days left in an ending subscrtiption in export -- so can't follow up with them. Can only see number of remaining occurences but if you offer monthly and annual for example you have to custom segment that information) - Wish the analytics were better (better insight into plan peformance, churn by plan etc.) - Better email targeting (currently not able to target endings trials unless the plan has a trial, not if they use a trial coupon -- lots of small issues like this across the platform.) - The emails sent from recurly servers end up in spam often for our customers.

Yolandie

You can always rely on Recurly

Recurly's dunning system is incredible and retrieves a lot of our revenue which could have been lost if not for the dunning system. Invoicing is made easy and general setup of pricing, coupons, etc are very easy to follow.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and you have access to numerous reports just with the click of a button. Their support is also excellent. I have never had an issue that couldn't be resolved in record time. The dunning feature is absolutely a brilliant tool.

Cons

It would be nice if you can refund transactions that are older than 6 months, but at this stage we are only able to refund transactions younger than 6 months.

Mike

The cornerstone to smooth SaaS billing

There are other good billing systems out there but Recurly offers the best feature set for our business model, billing process, and client base. It is the best for a subscription-based model.

Pros

Our billing process is sensitive and we take our client's information privacy very seriously. Recurly offers great settings/configurations to give people access to the information they need and restrict access to what they don't. Our billing process is smoother by far because of Recurly.

Cons

We have a lot of exceptions in our billing process and Recurly isn't as good at handling these client-by-client exceptions as we would like.

Pretty much all you need.

Easy to track what was invoiced and if an item line is recurring.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy for customers to update their billing information and review invoices, and its automatic revenue recoveries.

Cons

Would be nice of they could include "usernames" in their data spreadsheet so it's easy for me to navigate and filter. The usernames are available, but apparently is not used for data.

Reasons for choosing Recurly

Chargebee is overseas, therefore it could be a security problem and time-zone for customer service issues.

Solid billing platform that gets easier as you use it

Pros

It gives you most of the info you need in regards to the payment for 95% of cases I've been working with. Once you get used to the UI, it's actually quite easy to navigate around and quickly grab billing info you need to troubleshoot any problems. Support is professional and helpful.

Cons

If you don't have any colleagues using it already, it may take a little longer to get used to since not all of the elements are intuitive. Support sometimes takes a moment to reply and is not necessarily available 24/7.

Ramin

I don't know what we would do without Recurly

Pros

Honestly, Recurly makes managing our subscriptions really easy. We use it every day. Everything from customers billing, taxes to analytics (churn, revenue, etc.).

Cons

This isn't really a con, but it takes a bit of time to set everything up, and it can be a bit technical if you're not experienced.. that's to be expected though for a platform like this.

Reasons for switching to Recurly

Pin Payments was missing too many core features and we were tired of patching it using our own homemade solutions. We needed something that just worked and that was Recurly.

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Saves time and makes you money

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. Time-saver

Must have for SaaS billing

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons

The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Camila

One-click to your customer financial status

Pros

It is so easy to figure out how to use! Basically I get all piece of information that I want with one or two clicks. It's also transparent for the rest of the team when they have to searching.

Cons

I miss some dashboards. Also, I'm not allowed to export the information that I can view on the screen, it's a bit frustrating.

Lorin

What use to take our company hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

The program has completely transformed our billing department. The interface is pretty user friendly, but I would say the biggest pro is their support team. The chat box is always available and they answer your questions within seconds.

Cons

The learning curve of how exactly the program works and predesigned, was a little difficult to overcome. There are too many automatic emails sent out, so you really need to know how to navigate & turn them off (or know that they're even being sent out in the first place).

Ryan

Recurly - Effective, Convenient, Easy To Use

Spellbinding.

Pros

I like that Recurly keeps it simple and to the point. Time IS money after all, right? It's nice to be able to log in and find what I need quickly through straightforward navigation. An excellent tool.

Cons

Not much to complain about so far. We have been happy with our experience thus far.

Steve

Industry: Publishing

Excellent support

Super.

Pros

The software is good, the API and connetivity is good, the new catalog upgrade will be very helpful for us. and the support team is EXCELLENT.

Cons

Some of hte API limiataions for add-on products. But: it seems that the catalog update may have solved thsoe.

Recurly