• Pros

• "The ease of use for our school users is great, but it also provides a wonderful ease of use for our parents."

• "We have been using Rycor as our school fee system for several years and it is great! My front desk secretaries can use it easily and we seldom have issues with the application. "

• "The software is very user friendly. One does not need a computer programming degree to use. "

• Cons

• "sometimes it takes me to long to find a report I want to use. But once i find it the report is very helpful"

• "The thing I like the least is that it doesn't work with Apple. Also, I wish it integrated into our SIS, PowerSchool, system. "

• "NOT A THING! LOVE THE PRODUCT! Not a negative thing to say!"

Browse RYCOR Reviews

Vickie from Richland School District 2

Rycor makes business sense.

The Rycor team was hands on during implementation and continue to offer solutions and suggestions to assist our school district on the collection of school fees thus increasing the revenue for our school district.

Pros

Cons

At this time, there isnt any features we dont like.

Steve from DeKalb County Central United School District

User friendly student fee management software

Rycor allows us to offer electronic payments and other ease of use benefits for our families. It also makes discounting, pro-rating the fees, and enabling a "one stop shop" for textbooks, field trips, parking passes, athletic passes, etc all in one place. And when there's a question...the customer service is UNMATCHED! They are outstanding!

Pros

Cons

There are just a few tweaks I would make to it to enable even greater functionality....apply textbook assistance to everyone within a certain group and apply it to only their textbook fees and not "other" fees.

Cheri from Calgary Catholic School District

Great system

We would love to have better quality reporting at the district level for managing / understanding / reporting on our schools overall. However, the Support Team at Rycor is awesome. Super friendly and responsive. The Development team is constantly working on adding new functionality that is very helpful in our business operations. All the staff at Rycor seem to care very much about their clients both personally and from a business perspective. We always feel that our concerns are heard and validated.

Pros

Using online payments has significantly reduced the amount of cash payments at the school as well as decreasing the "accounting" required for school secretaries. It has allowed us to review and standardize processes throughout the schools since our head office accounting department is able to easily review the transactions at each of the schools.

Cons

There are fairly frequent problems between Rycor and Moneris processing transactions. Several times a week our payment batches do not equal the Moneris batches and this requires manual manipulation by the Rycor Support team. After Support fixes the transaction everything is fine but it's frustrating how frequently the error occurs.

Kristen from American Leadership Academy

RYCOR is Great

I love the people at Rycor! Their support is above and beyond! They know me by name and work tirelessly to solve my issue or request! They are an amazing company!

Deanna from Nampa School District

Financial Specialists

"There are also less errors using RYCOR. Before there were too many spreadsheets we had to take care of which were easy to lose and easy to fall behind on."

Pros

"I like being able to take payments for different schools, it's a one stop shop, making it easier for the parents"

Lucille from Red Deer Public Schools

The most "Fees-ible" Champagne product!

RYCOR team has always been great group to work with...always attentive and helpful; customer service stars. The software is as great as the team, and consistently develops upon the needs of it's clients.

Pros

User-Friendly - to even the most non-techy staff, very understandable and truly easy to navigate for the most prominent functions. Funtionality was well thought out....the ease of getting data is very good, fields that can sort, drill downs, reports. Rycor audit trail is impeccable...date, time and user...the most helpful tool to administrators trying to help school staff.

Cons

Rycor has changed our school information flow from poor to great! There is almost nothing that is a con, but now that we've been on a few years...the first couple years had us changing GL's from the first Fees, so it would be nice to have a GL Center that can separate Active GL's from Inactive/Historical.

Pat from Lacombe Composite High School

Amazing Product!

Better reporting. Faster cash outs. Easier to make changes. There always seems to be more than one way to do a task, or retrieve information with ease. The support team is amazing! I used to work for a software company doing customer support and the level of support and customer service from Rycor is outstanding :o).

Pros

Intuitive, flexible, easy to learn and use. Makes my job much easier. Tasks that used to take hours to do can now be done in minutes. Automatic tracking of over payments. Ability to re-allocate and/or undo a payment even after batch close. Every feature I have wanted or needed over the years is already included in this software plus some I hadn't even thought of, but are very very useful!

Cons

The old software was easier for entering multiple cheques from different people for the same fee. Having said that, some of the features I love may not work as well if this was possible ;o) After 2 years of using this software, there really isn't anything I don't like.

Deanna from Lacombe Outreach School

Most User Friendly Software Ever!!!!

My overall exeperience has been very positive. It has cut down on time that it takes to process fees etc. It has made my job more efficient. I was lucky enough to attend Rycor University in Las Vegas and took away a ton of helpful information also.

Pros

The best part about this software is how user friendly it is. It takes minutes to catch on and it is easy to fix any error you may have. I love that you can have a storefront and also that you can create forms.

Cons

NOT A THING! LOVE THE PRODUCT! Not a negative thing to say!

Lori from Hanover Community School Corp

Helpful Tool

Our student accounts are more accurate for parent billing now with Rycor.

Pros

Rycor will sync with all of my other software. Everything can be tracked on our student accounts. Training is always available. Questions get answered.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, but Rycor's customer service is very responsive to help requests. I would like more reports and more options in running reports.

GREAT PRODUCT

School tuition and fees collection was up and less missing payments as well :)

Pros

We were needing a financial program for our schools to synchronize with PowerSchool. We found the Right one with Rycor

Cons

The VPN with PowerSchool is down more times that we want! will be great if Rycor creates a plugin for PowerSchool :)

CELESTINE from Fort Mcmurray Public School District

VERY FRIENDLY

System is friendly, ease of admin and end user use. Its been great and we have grown together over the years since we started using the software.

Pros

EASE OF USE, AUDIT TRAIL, AND DID I SAY EASE OF USE?

Cons

SOFTWARE IS GREAT. POTENTIALLY SEAMLESS WITH OTHER SCHOOL SOFTWARES

Kristen from American Leadership Academy

Great Company!

We have completely enjoyed our association with Rycor!

Pros

The customer service is bar none! I love working with the Rycor staff!

Cons

It would be helpful to me if it would work on Mac. I wish it were integrated in to PowerSchool.

Leeann from Nampa School District

Worth it!

I've increased my online credit card sales significantly, giving families another way to pay for their school fees. It's made reporting a breeze!

Pros

I love how Rycor can print reports in as little as 3 clicks! It also makes emailing invoices a breeze!

Cons

Honestly, the system is so flexible that I haven't discovered a down side yet.