Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Allowed for auto coding and integration with bank account. The interface is okay to use for preparing BAS."

• "A lot of good features that similar software do not have. Great ERP features. Good price compared with similar products."

• "Fairly easy to use. Comparable integration with other software."

• "This application automates your invoicing process and has saved me tons of time. I can track my payables and receivables. "

• Cons

• "Needs the internet access, but that's a doddle these days."

• "Hasn't got all the reports I'd like Sometimes there are issues with automatic bank feeds"

• "Again, no customer service now they have move to email only."

• "Payroll could be a little easier to use but does everything we need and more."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 22 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

MYOB beater

Migrated from MYOB was easy as can be expected. Very happy with the multi-user capability unlike our single user MYOB. Customisable dashboard is good for a quick over view of who owes you $, profitability, sales, etc. Built in task list - so you can track your to do's, or assign to other Saasu users. One reservation I had before moving to a cloud accounting solution was the possibility of slowness, but Saasu works very fast.

Pros

Excellent online help as well as customer service.
BANK FEEDS!! Excellent to have and probably worth adopting Saasu for this feature alone.
Integration - We haven't needed this yet, but apparently it has a comprehensive API so it can link to most other software.
Tax tables update automatically.
Works beautifully from my ipad so I can work on the road, especially invoice customers. (I actually find the the web version on the ipad better than the actual app.)
Unlimited logons.
No year end rollover needed - which means all your detailed journals etc are always available, unlike MYOB where we always had to refer to old files.
Access controls - there it total control over granting access to Saasu for your staff. For example, you can give access to just Sales, or Purchasing, or Reporting etc. One useful one is giving all your staff a logon so they can see and enter just their own Time sheet.

Cons

We've had no issues with the software.
I can't think of any negatives.

Full-featured

Pros

From my business-owner perspective, Saasu is really easy to work with invoices in/out and pay roll.
I love the html invoice templating system, though it has some annoying limitations.
Saasu works well and has more/better features than Xero, at a lower price. Xero muscled in with a huge promotional campaign but their actual product is not any better.

Cons

There is no way to quickly list all the invoices written to different people in the same company. This is pretty stupid!

David from Platinum Apps

Good product and great value - could be great

Easy management of all my business accounts at a good value price point.

Pros

Pricing is simple and is affordable for small businesses like mine.
Has all the key functionality I need including bank feeds which makes account reconciliations nice and easy.
BAS reporting is quick and easy with the built-in reports

Cons

Mobile app is completely useless - need to learn from Xero in this department.
Website layout should be centred so it's not crammed to the left on large/hi-res screens.

Pete from The Start Society

Very Happy

I have been using Saasu for a few businesses for years now and am very happy with the features, they keep improving it every year and it gets faster or easier every time. The new mobile app is a dramatic improvement on the old one.

Pros

Fast simple but still all the features I like (invoicing, inventory, payroll, general ledger, email invoices, auto transactions, auto invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, api.

Cons

Payroll could be a little easier to use but does everything we need and more.

July 2016

Chris from Archery Attack

July 2016

Saasu review

I think the product from a customer perspective is quite good, relatively easy to use, fast servers; however, our biggest personal issue was around customer service. I feel like the Saasu team made a mistake in accepting us as Saasu Partners and providing us discounts whilst we apparently weren't eligible. This partnership program incentivised us to introduce other businesses to Saasu, unfortunately we brought on 11 businesses and then were advised we were not longer eligible to be partners as we weren't registered tax agents, didn't have a website and a few other criteria. At the end of the day, we feel as if a mistake in house resulted at the detriment of the customer, I don't wish to quote any emails or discussions but leave it as that we were not satisfied. I wish them all the best

Pros

Speed of servers
Reliable System

Cons

Flexibility to resolve issues with customers

Maria from Self-employed

Saasu makes our Financial status easy to consolidate! An accounting software that gives great value.

Pros

accounting and Bookkeeping is easy to manage through Saasu. We can create financial statements real time and updating is simple through its user interface

Cons

Saasu offers similar features to its competitors. Using Saasu is a cost and as a business softwares is a must, having so many competitors , Saasu has a room for improvement.

No customer service. Many bugs. Avoid to save costs.

Pros

A lot of good features that similar software do not have. Great ERP features.
Good price compared with similar products.

Cons

No customer service at all. No phone number to call. A couple of email addresses are available but no one answers them.
There are many bugs in the system so good luck getting anyone to look at these.
Very large cost to setup this system and have to move away due to zero support.

Andrew from Univers | MASS

Great functionality + experience, though the interface can be overly complicated/engineered

Pros

Innovative, reliable software which gets the job done. More functionality than I can poke a stick at with great support to boot.

Cons

Saasu's reliability/familiarity comes at the cost of currently feeling a bit stagnant/outdated compared to some other competitors. It would be great to have greater ability in customising invoice templates with our business branding

Joe Sweeney

SaaSu to the rescue!

I did a lot of reviews and trials of accounting solutions before settling on SaaSu for my small business accounting about 3 years ago. I am certainly glad I chose this product: it's grown with my business: from being a simple sole trader, to now being an exporter to the USA with employees in a few locals. With it's automation and bank links, I spend no more than 4 hours a month on my accounts and BAS, yet accountants have commented how clean and professional my book keeping is. And trust me, that is not because I am particularly good at accounting practices!

Pros

Works the way I do business, and does not force me to think like an accountant.
Automated bank feeds make booking .keeping a breeze... and very accurate!
Multicurrency support.
Super easy payroll.
Instant overview of my business
Inexpensive.

Cons

Needs the internet access, but that's a doddle these days.

Chris from Compton Media

Half Decent Product - None existent Customer Service

We use Saasu across four businesses. Generally, their service and product have been reliable and easy to understand. However, their customer support is atrocious. Since going to email only customer support we have waited 10, 15, 20 days in order to get a response. Issues we have had go unresolved for months.Although a decent product, would not recommend to anyone as when something goes wrong, you're stuck with it. With all of the other products on the market, you fair better with something else.

Pros

Fairly easy to use.
Comparable integration with other software.

Cons

Again, no customer service now they have move to email only.

September 2013

Mark Warburton

September 2013

Has serious problems

It is billed as being for small business, but I find that the system seems to have been designed by people who do not run small businesses. They do not have cash-based balance sheets and do not plan to implement this feature in the future (see: https://getsatisfaction.com/saasu/topics/cash_basis_balance_sheets_needed ). They do not offer an easy way to acount for discrepancies between received funds and invoiced funds (due e.g. to bank fees or forex fluctuations). This has to be handled in every transaction by a manual journal transaction, which is a pain to operate if your business has multiple such payments and really minimises the time saving of having a bank feed int he first place. They claim to have this feature in the bank feeds, but this only operates if the bank feed itself identifies the transaction as a bank fee (most of mine do not), so this is again a poorly implemented half-fix for a common situation.

Pros

Multi-user controlled access, more reasonably priced than Xero, bank feeds (incomplete), financial reports (incomplete), attach documentation to transactions.

Cons

Cash-based financial accounting statements not available (only BAS GST cash-based statements), bank feeds integration is a pain if your received amount is not exactly the invoiced amount.

April 2013

April 2013

User since 2008

We run the accounts for three separate companies through Saasu. It must be good if an engineer like me was happy was happy to sack his book keeper at do it all himself ! Does everything I need and the usability keeps getting better. Has never let me down. Options for all sorts of businesses from small to large.

Pros

Love the bank feeds. Makes keeping up with the accounts and bank reconciliation to much easier.
Simple clean interface.
Good user support

Cons

There is a learning curve to go through ... but no worse than any other accounting software.
Handling of multiple currencies is a little tricky. Making payments across currencies are not a simple one step process.

Todd from YSB.com.au Pty Ltd

Saasu is low cost accouting software for small businesses

I particularly like the ability to automate my recurring sales and expenses. For a business like mine this is very important.

Pros

Low price, enough features for most small businesses including mine and seamless recurring transactions.

Cons

Not the easiest software program to learn but with a little bit of learning you'll save plenty of money versus other accounting software.

Grant Booth-Director Synergy Promotions Australia Pty Ltd

December 2013

it suits all of our needs

We have been using SAASU for about 2 years now and are very please with what it offers. For an online accounting system it suits all of our needs and it is quite competitively priced. We used MYOB for 14 years prior to switching over and are glad that we made the switch.

Pros

Competitively priced. Simple and easy to use. Great bank account feed integration. Access from any PC or Apple OS.

Cons

Hanging out for the SAASU APP for android. I know there is an APP for iOS. Pleeese send one soon. Thank you.

PETRO Industrial

The Day of Your Own Server is Over

Why would you ever run anything other than a Cloud based accounting system. We run branches all over the world, any time, any where we can access our business data without the need to dial into our own servers. No IT department, No costly IT hardware, it's live; it's in the cloud.

Pros

No need for any investment in hardware / No need for an expensive IT department / our information where and when we need it. / Cost Effective / Simple / User Friendly

Cons

Can't honestly think of any

Lloyd

They will permanently delete all your info if you miss a payment

Pros

Cons

The customer service is poor. They are not polite. They will delete your file if you miss a payment. They are basically cruel people.

November 2015

Tim from GrowthPath, Data-driven profit growth

November 2015

February 2013

Pete

February 2013

Loving It

I have been using Saasu for years. Over time I have used it for more and more businesses. It the only cloud accounting software that covers all the features most businesses need to handle without extra costs (invoicing, inventory, point of sale, mobile, payroll) and it also scales up (volume, channels, mutli-business, multi-currency). Absolutely love it.

January 2014

Ben

January 2014

Great app

Saasu has made my life a lot easier. moving from spreadsheets to using Saasu has saved me a lot of time and money.

Pros

Simple interface
Great features
Good customer service

Cons

Hasn't got all the reports I'd like
Sometimes there are issues with automatic bank feeds

oluwatobi from Truppr.com

Best cashflow forecaster

We at Truppr love Saasu for it's strong accounting features, comprehensive reports, unique cashflow forecaster, and an unlimited amount of users available on all plans. Thank You Saasu

Pros

Unlimited users

Cons

None