SBS Financials

SBS Financials Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Among our staff accountant's favorite features are the AP import and ease of reconciliations. The SBS training and support staff have been wonderful and a joy to work with."
  • icon"I imagine the integration of all the modules with one another and the ability to download/upload other types of software files into SBS for processing would probably be the thing I like most."
  • icon"Customize-able and easy to navigate. Being able to import a multitude of item such as a budgeting project or A/P and A/R allows for efficiency."
  • icon"I wish there was an attendance calendar for each employee which recorded their sick and vacation time."
  • icon"I have a hard time, with the export feature in the AP module. Trying to select the right parameters is frustrating at times."
  • icon"If you end up putting an invoice into the wrong period, you have to delete the particular invoice and start over."

All SBS Financials Reviews

Josephine

Great System with a Support Team that goes the Extra Mile

SBS works with us to ensure their product has the features we desire to run our business office efficiently. We have added on multiple applications and features throughout the years and have really enjoyed working with the team.

Pros

The system has so many great features! Our company uses the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, Expense Reporting and PO Applications. General Ledger Application: The ability to drilldown on Financial Statements to get to the detail and pull up the attaching support (invoices, etc.) is a timesaver during our financial reviews. Expense Reporting / Accounts Payable Applications: Online Expense Reporting system that is fully integrated into the Financial Desktop system works seamlessly for our end users that aren't as familiar with systems in general. Approvers having the ability to approve Expense Reporting and Invoices through email or through the system itself is essential in our environment where a lot of our approvers aren't at a computer for the majority of the day. Great feature! Budgeting Application: MUST HAVE! Our business office uses this application frequently to update projections. It has amazing features to compare account information, drill into detail, and quickly update Budget/Projection information. We give our department heads access to their individual department so they can update their projections/budgets on their own and only have access to their particular accounts. The Support Team really listens to feedback to make the system even better. If any problems arise, they are extremely quick to resolve.

Cons

The financial statement report writing portion of the software within the general ledger application could be more flexible but has all the features to get what we need.

Toni

Industry: Newspapers

SBS Financials are easy to use and have fantastic support

We have used SBS for a long time and have never thought of looking for a different financial program. The versatility to import external system information into our financials is a proven winner that does not need to be changed. As you can see I am a huge fan of SBS.

Pros

SBS is one of the easiest financial software programs that I have used in my 35 year carrier. We just switched over to the cloud version after using this purchased software since 2002. Either a purchased software or cloud version, you will never go wrong. The support staff/programmers are wonderful to work with and are available for any question and direction support you have at any time. You don't have to wait hours or days for a response as they are always available and extremely knowledgeable to your needs. I wouldn't want to have any other program other than SBS.

Cons

Wow, this really is a hard question to answer as I haven't found much or anything that I don't like. Being on the cloud version does allow you a little more flexibility in certain functions but overall the the program is phenomenal. We attempted to use Bank Book but for our business we have too many external programs that import information into our system for the GL and about 10 bank accounts therefore this feature does not work for us as we would have to manually enter thousands of transactions to use this function.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thank you for being a long-time customer! Your feedback over the years has helped drive development of our software. The system supports multiple bank accounts. It also can automate bank account reconciliation. Let us know if you'd like our Support team to review the options with you.

Amanda

The system has its pros and cons.

Pros

I really like the invoice scanning we have implemented and excited for the electronic approvals we will be implementing soon.

Cons

Reporting. It seems difficult to get reports out of the system. Especially from payroll. I don't really like the look of some of the other reporting.

Erin

Solid Software Product

Pros

We have been working with SBS for over three years. During that time, SBS has been very responsive to our needs as well as our ongoing training requirements. Whenever there is something new that we are trying to do or if we are having unexpected problems, SBS Support is very responsive in assisting us. Usaully they are able to go in on the back end and figure things out, but if we need to set up a traing session, they are always very quick to provide that service as needed. Another thing that I like about this software is that it is competitively priced. This is a good value for the money, and I know that we are not wasting our money on the product. We are able to make a resonable payment monthly, and SBS takes care of a lot of the headache for us. As the software is hosted in the cloud, we don't need to worry about backups, etc. We have very rarely been charged for extra time that SBS has worked with us. And when we have, it has been because of a change that we have made as a company that has truly required more help from SBS. All of my staff have been working with this software for quite some time. We have gained proficiency with the software, which is intuitive to use, anyway. It is realatively easy for staff to pick up on and use, and SBS is extremely responsive to us when we need a little extra hand-holding.

Cons

Because there is a four hour time difference between us and SBS headquarters, we have to be very careful that if we need support, we are making the phone call prior to SBS shutting down for the day. This was frustrating when we were first learning the software, but as we have become more proficient with its use, this is hardly ever an issue. There are instances where the software seems to have bugs. If the user does something that the software doesn't like, it can lock the session up. As we have gotten better with the software, however, we have learned certain things to avoid to keep this from happening.

Victoria

Keeping records is easier with SBS Financial Accounting Software.

a few of the staff member at SBS that I have had the pleasure of working with) are amazing. Although, we have been using the software for about 3 years and they still treat us like new customers by providing OUTSTANDING customer service. When we have a problem or question, we simply send an email to the SBS support group and a friendly staff member will typically respond in less than 24 hours our question and sooner if it is an emergency. SBS Financial Accounting Software has proven to be a wise and sound investment for our company.

Pros

The software is flexible and can be customize to meet your company’s needs. The products comes with a very knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, and friendly staff. They listen to their customers’ comments thereby providing enhancements to the software throughout the year, which improves the customer’s experience. Most modules are easy to navigate through. The documentation is useful and easy to follow. You can set the dashboard to your preference: Favorites, Documentation, Recent Task, etc.

Cons

Creating reports has proven to be a challenge for me because there is so much information available, but I'm not always sure which table to use to retrieve the desired information. However, this is still not a problem because the excellent staff at SBS will quickly guide you through the maze. They will (when necessary) even create the report for you.

Marla

Industry: Publishing

Review of usage of SBS Financials software

Pros

What I like the most is SBS's customer service. It is easy to contact someone at SBS for assistance with an issue. There is little or no delay in reaching a customer service rep. They are very friendly, very helpful and very thorough. I have never been dissatisfied with their customer service!

Cons

What I like the least is a few steps that seem to be unnecessary. In A/P, we can pay a miscellaneous vendor. During invoice entry, a question asks if I want to enter the miscellaneous vendor's address. I always clicked "yes" to go to that screen. One day I clicked "No" and it remained on invoice screen. I then manually clicked on the tab to enter the address. The question seems unnecessary. In most cases, the address is necessary, so why does it even ask? Also when entering a credit memo, it asks if it should be applied to an invoice. From an accounting standpoint, the answer should always be "NO". Otherwise, it would change the amount of the invoice that it pertains to, rather than showing a credit against all or part of the invoice. So with every credit memo I enter, I must click "No".

Response from Software Business Systems

Thanks for the feedback Marla. You raise some excellent questions about the A/P miscellaneous vendor and credit memo workflows that we have passed along to our team for further review.

Replied June 2019

Linda

Industry: Newspapers

FINANCIAL PROCESSING MADE EASY!

When I new to SBS and had very little training, I made a lot of calls to customer support apologizing every time I called. I was re-assured each time that they were there to help. I always found the staff friendly, helpful and interactive. They were always willing to make sure I left with a positive attitude about using the system. Like any new experience it was difficult but overall SBS is one of the best systems I have used for financial processing from start to finish.

Pros

I have used several products over the years. SBS invoice processing is straight forward and easy to use. I can do an import of external systems in minutes. If there is a problem the system tells me the problem and I can resolve it in minutes. Maintaining the vendor records complete history is very easy to do. It keeps a record of every vital document and I can notate any problems that stays with the history of the vendor.This system makes my responsibilities a routine schedule.

Cons

When I am given a new project that needs to be entered into SBS new procedures need to be set up. It could be operator error but I always find it difficult to set up new import versions that actually do what I want. However, I can always call customer support and they either walk me through the necessary steps or take on the problem, resolve it and then call me when I am able to use it.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make financial processing easy! To that end, we are enhancing our training resources to better address issues related to import set up.

Debora

Industry: Printing

Customer Since 1999

We have made a number of changes in our general ledger with chart of accounts and statements. The staff at SBS walked us through every stage of the transition and integration back into our statements. We didn't miss a beat!

Pros

There are too many things I like to pick just one I like most. I imagine the integration of all the modules with one another and the ability to download/upload other types of software files into SBS for processing would probably be the thing I like most. But really, the customer service just cannot be beat--the best of any software program I've ever used.

Cons

I wish there was an attendance calendar for each employee which recorded their sick and vacation time. You can pull the time card detail, but I'd love to see an annual calendar for each employee. There isn't anything I dislike-only an enhancement I'd like to see.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thank you for the feedback! As a long-time customer you have played a key role in the on-going development of our software. Having the capability to interface with other applications is critical and our APIs help streamline that process.

Siobhan

SBS

My experience in dealing with the SBS system and support team has overall been great. Anytime that I have an issue that I am unable to figure out on my own the support team is there to either guide me through to a solution or to figure out how they can fix things on their end for me.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to have the images of invoices and checks available on screen.

Cons

I wish that I had the ability to unpost certain things that are posted in error and I would like to be able to go back and reverse to correct any errors on my own. That being said any time that I call with an issue like that SBS support is able to go in and unpost or fix the error immediately.

Response from Software Business Systems

Many thanks for your comments! SBS software follows GAAP to provide a full audit trail. The system allows you to make reversals or adjustments while still maintaining the audit trail. Our Support team will follow up to review those options with you.

Naomi

SBS

SBS support team is friendly and always supportive. They might have to research sometimes, but you can depend on them to resolve the issue. It seems there are more tools I can utilize. I will love to take a webinar style seminar if there is any.

Pros

Data can be easily export as Excel, PDF, or Word. After downloading the report, it is easy to manipulate as I wish. The import from external system tool is A+. Once you learn it, save your time in GL, AP, BB, and we have fewer errors.

Cons

In AP, to share the information between two companies like a purchase report, the vendor number has to be the same. If the parent company has the control of setting up a vendor number, it might be more useful.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thanks for the feedback! We'll let you know about upcoming webinars so you can extend your knowledge of SBS.

Replied June 2019

Cindy

SBS Financials Review

My overall experience with SBS Financials has been great! Their customer support is excellent! They are always courteous and prompt on getting issues resolved questions answered in a timely manner.

Pros

Being one that has never had any formal training in SBS, I found the software easy to use. Each application is broken down into categories that are pretty much self explanatory. When I do have questions on something I don't understand SBS Support is always there and helpful.

Cons

I don't think this is really a con, but something I wish was available with this software. That after the budget is locked Admin could go in and unlock a "specific" segment, not the whole budget. We had an instance where we had to unlock the budget to re-enter statistics, but had to unlock the entire budget to get this done.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thanks for the feedback!

Debbie

Ten Years Later!

Time saving once we were all set up. The software enabled us to centralize all our AP/GL function for 12 locations spread across the US.

Pros

We implemented in 2010 and have not regretted it. Security features were easy to implement as was creating custom imports from our existing software.

Cons

Custom report writer can be a challenge, as can setup as there are so many places to set up the user, the AP approvals user. Organization charting can also be difficult. If you don't get it exactly correct the units will not report.

Reasons for choosing SBS Financials

Best value for the money.

Reasons for switching to SBS Financials

We upgraded from a 1980's text based platform.

Response from Software Business Systems

Thanks for the feedback! We rely on customer input to continually enhance our software. Let us know how we can continue to help you make the most of our software.

Replied April 2020

Angela

Like for the Most Part, Some Irritations

In general it's a good program and gets the job done. We recently got the update and unfortunately some of the changes you made didn't apply to us and so caused a re-learning curve when the methods had been intuitive (i.e. more key strokes to move between certain fields). We don't use the software to it's full potential so I can't speak to all features.

Pros

I like being able to work ahead in the next period. The customer support team is top notch. The controls in place to prevent misuse are great for audit purposes.

Cons

I don't like all the multiple yes/no questions when you do something that isn't considered "usual" - a twice is good enough. Not an overly intuitive program. Not crazy about all the controls though know they're necessary.

DARLENE

A+ software and team!

We recently started using the reconciling option. This helps us keep track of our o/s checks on a daily basis. very helpful for monitoring our daily cash needs.

Pros

There is documentation available on most screens. This makes it easy to try out new options. Anything I come up with that I need is typically available. if by chance there is something, the team is willing to consider it for future releases. I am very happy with this software.

Cons

Nothing is perfect to everyone. So yeah, there are a couple of extremely minor things that are not worth mentioning.

Response from Software Business Systems

Glad to hear that our bank reconciliation application has made your life easier! Thanks for letting us know how our software is helping your company.

Carrie

Versatile

we have a a positive overall experience with SBS Financials.

Pros

Once proficient in the software, many processes more streamlined and less time consuming. Support is super helpful.

Cons

The software can be difficult to learn and because it requires high level customization it is a cumbersome process to setup.

Reasons for switching to SBS Financials

We needed a software that was able to handle more payroll and financial reporting functions

Response from Software Business Systems

We appreciate your feedback! It's true that our software has many options for customization. That approach requires discussion of numerous operational details during the implementation process - and those discussions can be tedious. We're glad the system has helped you streamline processes and be more efficient!

Replied March 2020