SBS Financials Reviews

4.52 / 5 (43)

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Ease of use. Ability to have the images of invoices and checks available on screen. "

• "- Ease of use of software - Exceptional customer service/support - Implementation projects have not only met but exceeded expectations"

• "I like the requisitions approval chain. It is difficult to state pros for the system even after using the software for 8 months."

• "The quality of the team that assists me is above par. The team is very prompt and knowledgeable about the product."

• Cons

• "Navigation could be better and reporting could be made easier. The user guide also could be improved."

• "Many functions that I do not use. I am sure that the other functions are extremely useful and beneficial. My focus is on AP"

• "Nothing is perfect to everyone. So yeah, there are a couple of extremely minor things that are not worth mentioning. "

• "inventory program is a little cumbersome I wish the period input was a little bit more prominent- I think it would help catch posting errors"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 43 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Toni from Independent Newsmedia Inc. USA

SBS Financials are easy to use and have fantastic support

We have used SBS for a long time and have never thought of looking for a different financial program. The versatility to import external system information into our financials is a proven winner that does not need to be changed. As you can see I am a huge fan of SBS.

Pros

SBS is one of the easiest financial software programs that I have used in my 35 year carrier. We just switched over to the cloud version after using this purchased software since 2002. Either a purchased software or cloud version, you will never go wrong. The support staff/programmers are wonderful to work with and are available for any question and direction support you have at any time. You don't have to wait hours or days for a response as they are always available and extremely knowledgeable to your needs. I wouldn't want to have any other program other than SBS.

Cons

Wow, this really is a hard question to answer as I haven't found much or anything that I don't like. Being on the cloud version does allow you a little more flexibility in certain functions but overall the the program is phenomenal. We attempted to use Bank Book but for our business we have too many external programs that import information into our system for the GL and about 10 bank accounts therefore this feature does not work for us as we would have to manually enter thousands of transactions to use this function.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for being a long-time customer! Your feedback over the years has helped drive development of our software. The system supports multiple bank accounts. It also can automate bank account reconciliation. Let us know if you'd like our Support team to review the options with you.

Erin from Anchorage Daily News

Solid Software Product

Pros

We have been working with SBS for over three years. During that time, SBS has been very responsive to our needs as well as our ongoing training requirements. Whenever there is something new that we are trying to do or if we are having unexpected problems, SBS Support is very responsive in assisting us. Usaully they are able to go in on the back end and figure things out, but if we need to set up a traing session, they are always very quick to provide that service as needed.

Another thing that I like about this software is that it is competitively priced. This is a good value for the money, and I know that we are not wasting our money on the product. We are able to make a resonable payment monthly, and SBS takes care of a lot of the headache for us. As the software is hosted in the cloud, we don't need to worry about backups, etc. We have very rarely been charged for extra time that SBS has worked with us. And when we have, it has been because of a change that we have made as a company that has truly required more help from SBS.

All of my staff have been working with this software for quite some time. We have gained proficiency with the software, which is intuitive to use, anyway. It is realatively easy for staff to pick up on and use, and SBS is extremely responsive to us when we need a little extra hand-holding.

Cons

Because there is a four hour time difference between us and SBS headquarters, we have to be very careful that if we need support, we are making the phone call prior to SBS shutting down for the day. This was frustrating when we were first learning the software, but as we have become more proficient with its use, this is hardly ever an issue.

There are instances where the software seems to have bugs. If the user does something that the software doesn't like, it can lock the session up. As we have gotten better with the software, however, we have learned certain things to avoid to keep this from happening.

Josephine from BH Media Group

Great System with a Support Team that goes the Extra Mile

SBS works with us to ensure their product has the features we desire to run our business office efficiently. We have added on multiple applications and features throughout the years and have really enjoyed working with the team.

Pros

The system has so many great features! Our company uses the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, Expense Reporting and PO Applications.

General Ledger Application: The ability to drilldown on Financial Statements to get to the detail and pull up the attaching support (invoices, etc.) is a timesaver during our financial reviews.

Expense Reporting / Accounts Payable Applications: Online Expense Reporting system that is fully integrated into the Financial Desktop system works seamlessly for our end users that aren't as familiar with systems in general. Approvers having the ability to approve Expense Reporting and Invoices through email or through the system itself is essential in our environment where a lot of our approvers aren't at a computer for the majority of the day. Great feature!

Budgeting Application: MUST HAVE! Our business office uses this application frequently to update projections. It has amazing features to compare account information, drill into detail, and quickly update Budget/Projection information. We give our department heads access to their individual department so they can update their projections/budgets on their own and only have access to their particular accounts.

The Support Team really listens to feedback to make the system even better. If any problems arise, they are extremely quick to resolve.

Cons

The financial statement report writing portion of the software within the general ledger application could be more flexible but has all the features to get what we need.

Victoria from CHASE Professionals

Keeping records is easier with SBS Financial Accounting Software.

a few of the staff member at SBS that I have had the pleasure of working with) are amazing. Although, we have been using the software for about 3 years and they still treat us like new customers by providing OUTSTANDING customer service. When we have a problem or question, we simply send an email to the SBS support group and a friendly staff member will typically respond in less than 24 hours our question and sooner if it is an emergency. SBS Financial Accounting Software has proven to be a wise and sound investment for our company.

Pros

The software is flexible and can be customize to meet your company’s needs. The products comes with a very knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, and friendly staff. They listen to their customers’ comments thereby providing enhancements to the software throughout the year, which improves the customer’s experience. Most modules are easy to navigate through. The documentation is useful and easy to follow. You can set the dashboard to your preference: Favorites, Documentation, Recent Task, etc.

Cons

Creating reports has proven to be a challenge for me because there is so much information available, but I'm not always sure which table to use to retrieve the desired information. However, this is still not a problem because the excellent staff at SBS will quickly guide you through the maze. They will (when necessary) even create the report for you.

Marla from High Plains Journal

Review of usage of SBS Financials software

Pros

What I like the most is SBS's customer service. It is easy to contact someone at SBS for assistance with an issue. There is little or no delay in reaching a customer service rep. They are very friendly, very helpful and very thorough. I have never been dissatisfied with their customer service!

Cons

What I like the least is a few steps that seem to be unnecessary. In A/P, we can pay a miscellaneous vendor. During invoice entry, a question asks if I want to enter the miscellaneous vendor's address. I always clicked "yes" to go to that screen. One day I clicked "No" and it remained on invoice screen. I then manually clicked on the tab to enter the address. The question seems unnecessary. In most cases, the address is necessary, so why does it even ask? Also when entering a credit memo, it asks if it should be applied to an invoice. From an accounting standpoint, the answer should always be "NO". Otherwise, it would change the amount of the invoice that it pertains to, rather than showing a credit against all or part of the invoice. So with every credit memo I enter, I must click "No".

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback Marla. You raise some excellent questions about the A/P miscellaneous vendor and credit memo workflows that we have passed along to our team for further review.

Linda from Sound Publishing

FINANCIAL PROCESSING MADE EASY!

When I new to SBS and had very little training, I made a lot of calls to customer support apologizing every time I called. I was re-assured each time that they were there to help. I always found the staff friendly, helpful and interactive. They were always willing to make sure I left with a positive attitude about using the system. Like any new experience it was difficult but overall SBS is one of the best systems I have used for financial processing from start to finish.

Pros

I have used several products over the years. SBS invoice processing is straight forward and easy to use. I can do an import of external systems in minutes. If there is a problem the system tells me the problem and I can resolve it in minutes. Maintaining the vendor records complete history is very easy to do. It keeps a record of every vital document and I can notate any problems that stays with the history of the vendor.This system makes my responsibilities a routine schedule.

Cons

When I am given a new project that needs to be entered into SBS new procedures need to be set up. It could be operator error but I always find it difficult to set up new import versions that actually do what I want. However, I can always call customer support and they either walk me through the necessary steps or take on the problem, resolve it and then call me when I am able to use it.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make financial processing easy! To that end, we are enhancing our training resources to better address issues related to import set up.

Debora from Kingsport Publishing Corporation

Customer Since 1999

We have made a number of changes in our general ledger with chart of accounts and statements. The staff at SBS walked us through every stage of the transition and integration back into our statements. We didn't miss a beat!

Pros

There are too many things I like to pick just one I like most. I imagine the integration of all the modules with one another and the ability to download/upload other types of software files into SBS for processing would probably be the thing I like most. But really, the customer service just cannot be beat--the best of any software program I've ever used.

Cons

I wish there was an attendance calendar for each employee which recorded their sick and vacation time. You can pull the time card detail, but I'd love to see an annual calendar for each employee. There isn't anything I dislike-only an enhancement I'd like to see.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the feedback! As a long-time customer you have played a key role in the on-going development of our software. Having the capability to interface with other applications is critical and our APIs help streamline that process.

Siobhan from Black Press Media

SBS

My experience in dealing with the SBS system and support team has overall been great. Anytime that I have an issue that I am unable to figure out on my own the support team is there to either guide me through to a solution or to figure out how they can fix things on their end for me.

Pros

Cons

I wish that I had the ability to unpost certain things that are posted in error and I would like to be able to go back and reverse to correct any errors on my own. That being said any time that I call with an issue like that SBS support is able to go in and unpost or fix the error immediately.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Many thanks for your comments! SBS software follows GAAP to provide a full audit trail. The system allows you to make reversals or adjustments while still maintaining the audit trail. Our Support team will follow up to review those options with you.

Cindy from Shaw Media

SBS Financials Review

My overall experience with SBS Financials has been great! Their customer support is excellent! They are always courteous and prompt on getting issues resolved questions answered in a timely manner.

Pros

Being one that has never had any formal training in SBS, I found the software easy to use. Each application is broken down into categories that are pretty much self explanatory. When I do have questions on something I don't understand SBS Support is always there and helpful.

Cons

I don't think this is really a con, but something I wish was available with this software. That after the budget is locked Admin could go in and unlock a "specific" segment, not the whole budget. We had an instance where we had to unlock the budget to re-enter statistics, but had to unlock the entire budget to get this done.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback!

Naomi from Brehm Communications, Inc.

SBS

SBS support team is friendly and always supportive. They might have to research sometimes, but you can depend on them to resolve the issue. It seems there are more tools I can utilize. I will love to take a webinar style seminar if there is any.

Pros

Data can be easily export as Excel, PDF, or Word. After downloading the report, it is easy to manipulate as I wish.

The import from external system tool is A+. Once you learn it, save your time in GL, AP, BB, and we have fewer errors.

Cons

In AP, to share the information between two companies like a purchase report, the vendor number has to be the same. If the parent company has the control of setting up a vendor number, it might be more useful.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback! We'll let you know about upcoming webinars so you can extend your knowledge of SBS.

Angela from Samuel Steel Pickling Company

Like for the Most Part, Some Irritations

In general it's a good program and gets the job done. We recently got the update and unfortunately some of the changes you made didn't apply to us and so caused a re-learning curve when the methods had been intuitive (i.e. more key strokes to move between certain fields). We don't use the software to it's full potential so I can't speak to all features.

Pros

I like being able to work ahead in the next period. The customer support team is top notch. The controls in place to prevent misuse are great for audit purposes.

Cons

I don't like all the multiple yes/no questions when you do something that isn't considered "usual" - a twice is good enough. Not an overly intuitive program. Not crazy about all the controls though know they're necessary.

DARLENE from Johnson newspaper Corporation

A+ software and team!

We recently started using the reconciling option. This helps us keep track of our o/s checks on a daily basis. very helpful for monitoring our daily cash needs.

Pros

There is documentation available on most screens. This makes it easy to try out new options. Anything I come up with that I need is typically available. if by chance there is something, the team is willing to consider it for future releases. I am very happy with this software.

Cons

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

Glad to hear that our bank reconciliation application has made your life easier! Thanks for letting us know how our software is helping your company.

Ginger from Cleveland Newspapers, Inc.

Great experience. Very helpful support staff.

Pros

It is easy to use. SBS works well for keeping the multiple companies that I have to maintain. The system is simple to use for running checks for accounts payable.

Cons

Consolidating the financials for the multiple companies can be difficult at times. There always seems to be an issue getting all the companies to load into the consolidated module correctly.

Response from Susan of

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the feedback! Our support team will reach out to discuss the issues you're having when consolidating financials for multiple companies. As a long-time customer, your business needs likely have changed since the system was originally configured. We believe that our current approach and resources could resolve the issues.

Wendy from The New Mexican

LOVE SBS - Does everything i NEED it to do

Love Kim and the support team. Always helpful and rarely have to wait an excessive period to get responses/assistance.

Pros

I like that it is entry based so that any changes to anything have to be done by entry so everything stays in the correct period. Also great that multiple companies can be set up. Like being able to run checks on blank stock and the functionality of paying people ACH pretty easily.

Cons

In Bank book you make a bbti (in) entry or a bbto (out) entry for banking. Makes total sense - BUT that "I" and "O" are right next to each other and one can accidently get the entry reversed of what was wanted.

October 2015

Catherine from Chase Professionals

October 2015

Robust features make our job easier

Pros

We like all the features so it is difficult to pick a favorite. As controller, I smile every month at the ease of distributing the monthly financial packages to all 23 branch location managers with one click of a button. We import some data from a separate industry specific software that does our pay/bill and that is so easy and seamless. Among our staff accountant's favorite features are the AP import and ease of reconciliations. The SBS training and support staff have been wonderful and a joy to work with. We implemented the expense report module 6 months after going live and it was so easy. Easy is a word that keeps being used when describing the SBS software.

Cons

We haven't found it yet. We have been using the software for a year now and are extremely pleased. If we want to do something and can't figure it out we call Support and they guide us on how to accomplish our goal.

Lorie from Lakeway Publishers, Inc

Excellent Software

SBS support team has been great. We have solved budget development issues, constant training for staff turnover. I would like to see more production solutions for our printing plant.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Navigation is easy once you spend a little time with the menus.

Cons

The reporting options are confusing. Reports in the AR module to not tie out to ledger because of how the report looks at information which makes no sense. The budget module is incomplete and no work instruction. There is no fixed asset module.

Response from Software Business Systems of

Replied May 2019

We appreciate your comments and are always working to enhance our software. We'll use your feedback to improve our product.

Raynard from THE WASHINGTON TIMES LLC

My experience using this product has been excellent!

We have had an excellent working relationship with SBS for many years (at least 15 years I believe). The team at SBS is top notch, always receptive to our needs from any system issues to pricing.

Pros

The number one thing about this product is its ease of use. It is very intuitive. After the training phase, it has been nothing but smooth sailing. There was some apprehension when the switch to the cloud occurred but it too went off without a hitch.

Cons

There are occasionally transactions which happen which we are unable to explain, however your customer service team is always available to correct any of our mistakes.

Amy from Conley Publishing Group

Easy to use but would like simpler steps for financial reporting set up.

Pros

The general accounting functions of Accounts Payable, Bank Book, and General Ledger are relatively easy to navigate and use on a daily basis.

Cons

The financial statement set up/parameters are hard to navigate and if something needs to be corrected, there are many steps and locations one must complete before it is done correctly.
It would be more convenient if the reporting function would allow you to print multiple reports at one time rather than going back in and starting over to run the same report with different account parameters.

Michelle from Shaw Media

I work primarily with invoice approvals, budgeting and gl inquiries.

The customer service is great. Everyone that we have ever had help us with issues have been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Overall the software is good, reliable. The customer service is great. The budgeting package works well with the gl portion.

Cons

We have had a lot of difficulties with the budgeting for wages and salaries. General budgeting is good, but the wages and salaries budgeting is unreliable at times. Primary issues have been with splits and when an employee is termed and we copy records to another budget field.

Debbie from Adams Publishing Group LLC